WW At Home - Need A Buddy!

View Full Version : Need A Buddy!

Moobunny
05-14-2011, 03:26 AM
I can't do it on my own. My family is supportive but they always are. I need someone to be accountable to. Any takers?

I'm torn between wanting someone just starting out like me or someone who has been doing ww for awhile.

Part of me is saying go for it....you need to get healthy the other part is saying why bother?

Lovely
05-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Why not have a couple or even many buddies? :) Everyone on 3FC. Or even just people in the WW area. There are daily chats. Logs for weigh-ins. Or posts for weekly exercise and the like.

I think that especially at the start of this journey, it's difficult to see the "why bother?".

Where would you like to be one year from today? Eating healthier? Or still overeating? Exercising? Or huffing and puffing up stairs? Down a few pounds, maybe close to goal? Or bemoaning the fact that you let a whole year go by without "bothering" to try?

I suppose this all boils down to "You can do this! You're already doing it!"

Moobunny
05-14-2011, 03:39 PM
Oh...and are there any night people here? Third shifters?

Timetostart22
05-16-2011, 01:20 AM
I would like to be your buddy! Ive just restarted WW and would love to have someone that I can be accountable with. Let me know if you still need someone!!

Moobunny
05-16-2011, 06:47 PM
That would be great Timetostart22! I work nights so I'm online on my off nights.

jhkoenig
05-30-2011, 02:17 AM
Hey, if you don't find a buddy on-line here, you might try WannaBuddy.com. The site connects local people who share a common interest, like weight loss. Everything's based on your zip code, so it's easy to find someone nearby who's also looking for a workout buddy.

Good luck!

missmeliss
05-30-2011, 03:14 AM
well ill hold you accountable as long as you hold me accountable! lol

sheramama
06-02-2011, 12:57 AM
I need a buddy too...someone to keep my on track! What do you have in mind? Is there a weigh in?

froggy3298
06-07-2011, 03:04 PM
I am looking for a email buddy that will help keep each other accountable. I have been doing weight watchers on my own for over a year and have lost my groove so to speak. Really need someone to help me be accountalbe. I think email would be good since I have it on my phone now and more accessible. Anyone want to be my email buddy?:)

LosinitinCO
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Hey all, I would love to be a support buddy! If you are still looking!
@Froggy: I would be happy to be an email support buddy with you. Please let me know if you are still looking!

We can do this!

froggy3298
06-08-2011, 01:31 AM
Hey all, I would love to be a support buddy! If you are still looking!
@Froggy: I would be happy to be an email support buddy with you. Please let me know if you are still looking!

We can do this!

Yes, I am still looking! YES, We can do this!

froggy3298
06-10-2011, 02:08 AM
just wondering how we get our email addresses to each other without getting spam?

crenita
06-18-2011, 03:50 PM
well I am just getting started as well. Did very well on another plan but the cost was over the top. and regained some of those hard lost #'s... Need some help as well as this is my first with weight watchers in YEARS.. lots of changes since then..

some one asked about sharing email addresses.. you can do that by sending a private message in the log in area.. up at the top of the site..

meanica922
06-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Pick me Pick me...lol...i started a week ago and would love to have a buddy to e-mail or text. Especially someone who wont get tired of my prattling on about ww this and that or woohoo i found something low point. DH is patient but it only goes so far.

Maybe we could pick a day and do a weekly weighin under this group? Or just post your weighin under a sticky?? Not sure if they have sticky threads on this site..i've seen them on dwlz (which I love).

If anyone wants to have a e-mail/text buddy, PM me and we can get somethin together.

My first week was great by the way...7.7lb loss...woot woot:carrot:

AriesNV
06-21-2011, 08:45 PM
I'd love to have an email buddy! I'm just starting out, and I need someone to yell at me from time to time.

justjen78
06-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Me too on the needing a buddy! I've done WW off and on for about 4 years now. I'm doing it at home on my own for now untill I can afford to go back to meetings again

Loseit
06-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Looking for a buddy too!!! Have lost some weight on my own ... Now planning to do ww at home on my own...just that sometimes I need the extra push.. And some motivation to keep going... Just ate 3 big pieces of cake:(

meanica922
06-22-2011, 06:39 PM
Wow....lots of people wanting buddies...lets get together ladies. If someone wants to pm me with email I will be your buddy. Hope to hear from someone soon!:hug:

toothlady
06-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I can't do it on my own. My family is supportive but they always are. I need someone to be accountable to. Any takers?

I'm torn between wanting someone just starting out like me or someone who has been doing ww for awhile.

Part of me is saying go for it....you need to get healthy the other part is saying why bother?

I have a WW Facebook support group if you would like to join there. Started with 4 people and now we are up to over 130. Very supportive group of women (and one man)

meanica922
06-24-2011, 06:08 PM
What is the name of your facebook page??

FlygURL
06-29-2011, 09:33 PM
How can I join your FB group?

froggy3298
06-30-2011, 06:42 PM
I too am looking for an email buddy. Just pm me and I will. I need the support and someone to help keep me accountable when I am having a hard time. I have been doing ww on my own for over a year and I was doing really well in the beginning but now I have fallen off the wagon and for some reason cannot get back on and I am starting to regain the weight I have lost. So, if anyone would like to be my buddy through this life change I need to stick too, tha would be great!

Froggy3298;):)

toothlady
07-01-2011, 12:11 AM
What is the name of your facebook page??

How can I join your FB group?

It's called Weight Watchers Points Plus Support Group. You are both welcome to join. It is a secret group so you can't search for it. I would have to add you. It's by invite only. Once you are in, you can invite whomever you choose to the group.

Send me a friend request with a message that you are from 3 fat chicks and I will invite you to the group.

You can search for me by entering my email into the Find Friends option

toothlady@alumni.unc.edu

I made the group secret so outsiders can't see any of the content. It is truly a great group and its nice to get a million notifications via email from others on the same journey. It's great! It's like having 24-7 access to meetings....

Just do as requested above and I will be happy to add you to my group. Once you are added, I will dissolve the friendship.

V

Haley8203
07-01-2011, 10:04 AM
hi all. i could use some buddies too. i tried to get some real life ones but they have stopped sticking to their plans and goals sooo not that helpful lol oh well.

Haley8203
07-01-2011, 10:15 AM
toothlady-I think I sent you a friend request I'm not sure I didn't get that box that pops up to confirm the request or to include a message about the secret group....i've never requested anyone through the find friends option before...

toothlady
07-01-2011, 10:41 AM
toothlady-I think I sent you a friend request I'm not sure I didn't get that box that pops up to confirm the request or to include a message about the secret group....i've never requested anyone through the find friends option before...

I'm not sure that I got it. I was just on facebook and I didn't have a request. Send me an email to the address listed above and I will find you.

toothlady
07-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Haley, you have been added to the WW facebook group! Welcome!

kristia117
07-14-2011, 02:06 AM
hi ladies! i just signed up for weight watchers today :) so far it seems easy enough! the app for android helps a lot too so i can keep track of everything on the go. has WW helped a lot for you? and i definitely need a motivation buddy!!

pooka1978
07-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Toothlady i tried to find you on FB but it kept soming up with a bing search link to your 3FC profi?

jwillits
07-19-2011, 11:50 PM
I need someone to help me to stay on track. I need a email buddy too. HELP

NightwingFanGirl
08-02-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't know if you are looking for a workout partner too, but I discovered a neat website today called findanexercisepartner.com

Carissah
08-03-2011, 06:04 PM
Hello and greetings from NJ,
Thank goodness I found this thread, I too am looking for an email buddy or blog buddy. I just started WW two days ago and I got a long way to go. Not new to dieting, just new to forums.
I live in an all male household, Need I say more??
Any one??
Carissah

Carissah
08-03-2011, 07:18 PM
Toothlady i tried to find you on FB but it kept soming up with a bing search link to your 3FC profi?

Send her an email (toothlady@alumni.unc.edu) and ask to join. ITs a private group, not searchable. btw.. beautiful baby!
I work for an obgyn group.
love babies.

Carissah
08-03-2011, 07:24 PM
Hello again, Sorry I neglected to introduce myself.
I am new to this, but not new to dieting. I am a fat chick, and over 40. lol
Well I am now doing something about the fat part. lol Started WW Monday, and its my second day and I am feeling good. I like the new program so far, and I feel its something I can live with for the rest of my life. I currently live in a household of all men. Need I say more? 2 step sons, 17 and 20 and a husband who loves to cook. I come from an Italian family and never knew what the word "portion Size" meant. lol
I used to be skinny. But I will get there. Never did anything like this before, but it would be great to get some female support for us fat and forty something chicks!
Take Care
Carissah

NightwingFanGirl
08-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Hey Carissah

Feel free to fb friend me; you can search me by my email literature.artist@yahoo.com
I am more than happy to chat with you and support you!

jwillits
08-03-2011, 11:50 PM
I need a weight loss buddy too. Its hard to do this on my own. email me if anyone needs a buddy.

parbtani
08-04-2011, 05:59 AM
ive done ww point plus before and was losing a good 5-7 pounds a week now that i started it again its been 3 weeks and havent lost a pound yet which is wierd i have not gone over my points i havent even reached my points everyday which is 39 a day. i def need a buddy. dont know whats going on?

Ready4aBrandNewME5
08-08-2011, 02:03 AM
ive done ww point plus before and was losing a good 5-7 pounds a week now that i started it again its been 3 weeks and havent lost a pound yet which is wierd i have not gone over my points i havent even reached my points everyday which is 39 a day. i def need a buddy. dont know whats going on?

well first off how old are you?...also what foods are you eating...(often we can eat things within our point range but overall they arent really good for our body personally...try lots of water and no salt....that way you are flushing ur system and ur not retaining water weight!

jwillits
08-08-2011, 11:43 PM
I like that thought there was another diet I was on with the no salt thing and I did lose so I might try this with the plan I am on thanks.