Old 05-13-2011, 11:05 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 159/149/125

Height: 5' 2 1/2"

Default ...cankles

Ugh, this is only slightly embarassing. It would appear that I have... cankles... sorta. It's like the top part of my ankle/ very lowest part of my leg is swollen or something. then right above it it goes in a bit before my calve starts... I'm dont have a TON of weight to lose. I'm at around 149, 5'2 right now.. and I'm doing 20 minutes on my exercise bike daily, and of course dieting. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not major, but def noticable in certain shoes. Makes me feel manly.
oddreee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/164/145

Height: 5'6

My ankles are not the slimmest/ most defined in the world either. BUT I can confirm that after losing 20lbs they are noticeably thinner so they will decrease in size with the loss of more weight. Ive also heard it helps to engage in activities that work/ shape the legs. Work on scuplting great calves and thighs and slimming the leg overall. The " cankles" will be less noticeable. Good luck!
skinnyelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 05:21 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Oh, I feel your pain! I have always had them! I'm now only a few pounds from goal,and they are still here. I inherited them from my grandmother. My sister who is also 5'8" like me, does NOT have them,never did, and she is about 75 pounds over weight. I see large woman out and about wearing dresses and I always check out their ankles. Sooo jealous sometimes! Little tiny bird like ankles. I would never dream of wearing a pair of capri pants. On the flip side, I have a friend who is really willowy and won't wear them because she feels here calves and ankles are too thin! I must say I feel a certain kinship with Fred Flinstone and Barney Rubble.
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 203/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I don't see why we are obsessed with our ankles these days. I rarely notice someone's ankles. The only person I know with very unusual ankles is very fit and she probably has them due to years of ballet. I see worrying about arms (tank tops) or thighs (shorts), but they are ankles. Don't sweat it! Congrats on losing 12 lbs!
girlinwaterglobe is offline   Reply With Quote