WW Clubs and Groups - #255 Bale of Turtles Hearing That Click!!!!!

Itryharder
05-11-2011, 01:41 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

life4evr
05-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Hey everyone I am still here kind of floating along. Not really following weight watchers. But I am going to try to get back on track. Just not there yet.

terrod99
05-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Even when we are not perfect we still use the skills we have learned! Some old habits we fall back on, but some new good habits do stick! Keepin at it is all we can do. We will suceed. It may take a while and probably longer than we want it to take, but in the end we will get there!!!!! I am still exercising even though my diet has not been perfect. I eat better than I did years ago.

So lets keep at it, always have our goal in the back of our mind, and we will do this!!!!!!!

Everyone have a great Thursday!

Terri

Princess1122
05-12-2011, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone and happy Thursday!

I only have a very quick minute but I totally agree with Terri!

Life: Great to see you posting!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
05-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Hi, I'm still here and reading. I'd really like to respond to all, but for now I'll say my last three days have been quite good. I also got on boardwalk with dh for 2 out of 3 days and we've been busy.

Glad to hear from Princess and Bandit and Cherry and Terri and Life4evr. We're a great group and it looks like we're pretty close to being on track.
Go us!!!!!! :bravo: :dance: :carrot:

Judy
234.6/196.8/180's and thinner by July 4th. This should be the week I turn the weight gain thingy around! :cool:

Princess1122
05-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Pretty here today but they are calling for lots of rain over the weekend so it will be a good time to visit the gym for a couple of cycling classes.

W/I was good last night, better than expected since TOM showed up earlier this week. I was down 1.0 lbs - so will take that and keep at it!

I hope that everyone has a great weekend! I have to run... it is Friday the 13th and DH and I both have our cars in the shop today for repairs... ugh, crossing fingers and toes!

bandit2
05-13-2011, 10:05 AM
Morning, turtles:

We are going to be getting rain for the about the next week, so this
a.m. will try and get some grass cut & then going to make some wine
for the first time.

I was up .25# last night, so was alittle disappointed with that. But I guess
my overdoing it last weekend caught up with me. That is one of the drawbacks of dating and things are not going well with that new fellow, so
have to make decision over weekend whether or not to keep seeing him.
You would think when we get to this point in our lives things would be easier,
but it is not & I find when you only see people once a week, things progress slowly which is fine for me but he seems to want to push things along too quickly and I feel uncomfortable - more stress I don't need at this time.
Anyway, enough about that.

Princess - congrats on your weight loss this week, that is really good.
Judy - glad to see you are getting in your walks and staying on track.

All - hope you all have a great weekend!

CherryAutumn
05-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Life- I know what your talking about. I am to often stuck in that same place.

Terri- Your comment was encouraging. Thanks.

Bandit, princess, Judy- Just wanted to say hello.
Hope i didnt forget anyone.

Itryharder
05-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi, looks like we're all going to get rain for the next few days. My Friday the 13th. was weird and I'll be glad to see midnight. Dh and I had a few stops to make and then we were heading for the boardwalk. On the way his ankle started hurting, so we bypassed the boardwalk. Got other stuff done, but let me tell you each errand was ripe with setbacks. Well, that's what weight loss is like. Three steps ahead, two back. I love what I'm reading here. If this were easy, everyone would be a size two. So here's :cheers: and :bravo: for all of us.

Princess, :bravo: for :goodscale: especially with TOM. Weigh to go!
Bandit, not a tough WI, but I know you want to see the scale going the other direction. I feel for you and your dating and I'm sending :goodvibes:
Cherry, it's so good to see you chiming in. We always :love: to hear from you!
Terri, good words-----you've got the exercise going and the food will fall into place. :chef:
Life4evr, how's school going? I'm so proud of you. :bravo:

This is what I'm doing,...........and I must admit that my BLT's must have been more than I accounted for. This is my new routine:
1. e-mail two WW buddies with my menu for the day
2. print it out and place it on my fridge
3. as I go through the day, I record the points plus of what I eat. If the foods are different than I planned, I cross out what I didn't eat and pencil in what I did eat. It is revealing, to say the least. It is only 7:30p.m. and my points + are done for the day! So if I get desperately hungry, I can have a veggie or fruit------but that's it. No more chocolate snacking late at night.
I can also make a shake and take the two points plus for the milk from my weekly allowance. Hopefully I won't need that.

I hope there's something in this that might help. You've been wonderful support through the years.
Two ns moments: a member of my book club told me I'm looking terrific----guess she didn't notice me being up 5# or so.
another member of my book club told me she heard via the grapevine that people were talking about how good I looked and how much weight I lost. Felt good to hear and I thought about how I have to fight to keep this off and lose even more. Sorry I'm long today. Just felt like writing.

Good luck to us all!
Judy
234.6/198.2?/180's and thinner :cool:

life4evr
05-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi everyone. Allergies are kicking my butt today. Tomorrow is weigh in definitely should be interesting. I am determined to make next week a better week than this one has been that goes for everyone. Just popping back in. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Princess1122
05-15-2011, 07:26 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all... yesterday was a busy and productive day, it seemed to go so fast though, seemed like I blinked and it was bed time.

I did go to a cycling class yesterday with D-DIL and am going to try and get to another one later this morning to... will see how the day progresses! I need to go and find a dress for a wedding that we are supposed to attend over the Memorial Day weekend down in the southern part of the state, I love that area, there are tons of small river towns with wonderful vinyards and shops.

I got my flowers in yesterday, Lowe's was having a annual sale when I was there last week so I picked up some flats and some veggie plants. They are all in the ground now so we will see how it goes, the weather has just been so rainy that it is hard to say what will take and what won't.

DH is off to a Cinci Red's game today with his brothers so it is just quiet day for me... lovely!

Have a great day!

Princess1122
05-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Here are the names of two books that were recommended to me, thought I would pass them along to those that like to read:

1) Sensible Shoes: A Novel - by Sharon Garlaugh Brown

2) Welcome to the World Baby Girl - by Fannie Flag (she also wrote Fried Green Tomatoes)

Itryharder
05-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Princess, enjoy your quiet day!
Life4evr, you are making such nice progress in your weight tracker!
Thanks for the book tips. I read a very sweet book called Minding Frankie by Maeve Binchey. You might like it. It is light reading, but warm.

Another one I liked was Three Stages of Amazement-----the author escapes me, but it was good.

Yesterday I struggled again. The good part is that I won the struggle. I have to remember that often the days aren't easy and I crave fattening foods, but I can look for an alternative. I can plan and prepare. Having my veggie pie on hand when I got really hungry was a huge help.

Wishing all the Turtles a great day! We can do this.

JUdy
234.6/198.2/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
05-15-2011, 11:34 AM
Judy: Planning seems to work really well for you and you are good at it so it sounds like a winning combination to me! I love Maeve Binchey - she is one of my very favorite authors, I am a bit behind on reading her though so I will look for that one and a couple others that she has out that I have not read yet. Thanks for the suggestion - I really appreciate it. Reading, knitting, and gardening, all things that I love to do to keep my hands busy and my mind out of the fridge... LOL!

I just got back from my cycling class, I did not stay for the whole thing, about 40 minutes into it my butt was kicked, I think doing that class two days in row is just too much for my knee and some other parts of my body.

Heading out to do some shopping and errands, have a great day all!

terrod99
05-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Rainy Monday!!!

Rain Rain it rained all weekend!!!! Hopefully it stops by this coming Friday!!! it is our long weekend here in Canada, the summer kickoff weekend other wise known as the May 2-4 weekend.

This is when my trouble starts!!!!! I loose it every summer, excuses -- too hot to exercise, eat too much BBQ, drink too much, easier to take junk food to lake then fruit & veggies (no electricity must use cooler). OK enough,
here's the plan- must be extra good Mon-Fri (read eat like bird) then can have a few treats on weekend. Must go to Y in the AM before it starts to get to hot outside, must eat lots of wonderful fresh locally grown fruits, veggies. Then must follow through!!!!! I am good at talking the talk but must walk the walk!!!!!! I can do this!!!!!!!

Haven't even weighted in, in 2 weeks, sick off up a little down a little, then the same.

You guys all sound like you are doing great, keep up the good work, I am going to do like Judy 1 day at a time, planning for today!!!! water, good food, walking (drop my car off for repairs will walk home and back to pick it up). Y tonight, whether or not friend goes!

Have a great Monday Turtles
Terri

Princess1122
05-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Can not belive it is Monday already... ugh! I did pretty good with everything over the weekend but I noticed that I was seriously hungry yesterday, I mean could not seem to get full, I think it may be because of the increase in exercise lately but still... Lord I could not seem to get enough in me to feel satisfied at all.

My plan this week is the same as last week... to stay on track, aim to lose 1 lb at weigh in and get my three exercise sessions in (two down, one to go) - yeah, biking two days in a row like that, not going to be doing that anymore... ouch! My hinney regions are saying that is not a good idea at all LOL.

I really need to lay off of the sodium this week and drink a ton of water to get rid of the inflamation from the exercise, etc.

Farmers markets are opening up down here for the season so I will be getting to those on Saturdays and when ever else I can manage it, nothing beats local produce.

Another area for improvement for me would be to track my food in my journal over the weekends, I always seem to forget that!

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
05-16-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi Turtles,
I love that we're planning what we are going to do. Yeah, it's so easy to get hungry-----one night of the weekend I was starving and had used up my points plus by 5:30 at night. Ugh. Around seven I made a shake with 1 cup 1%milk, 1 cup strawberries (frozen) and about 8 ice cubes. It made a big amount and I shared it with my dh. Because it was so thick, it took a long time to drink with a straw. Because I made the effort to do something smart for myself, I went to bed happy. These small changes work for me.
Yesterday restaurant food was heavier than I wanted, but I am on full track for today and I'll just count in the extra points plus yesterday from the weekly allowance. Looks like I'm going to have to get on the :tread: today because the weather here is rainy. ugh----that's okay. It's good to have you guys as friends.
Judy

bandit2
05-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi turtles - rain, rain and more rain. But I did get my grass cut Fri a.m.
and my wine ordered, so that was good. Also got my trailer opened up
but when I went to leave, I fell on the slippery deck and twisted my knee,
so spent rest of weekend with an icepack and that took care of deciding to see that fellow over the weekend. Feels abit better today but still
pretty sore. So I ended up have way too many snacks while watching TV by
myself. So really have to behave and get back at it.

This upcoming weekend is a long weekend & so far shaping up nicely.
I am taking some stuff to trailer Fri a.m. and planning on going to dance Fri evening with my gf & bbq Saturday. So lots of fun!

Hope everyone is staying dry - honestly, it is sooooooo wet up here you
just can't get anything done outside.

Have a good week!

terrod99
05-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Rainy Tuesday

On track, feeling good today, Monday on plan all day!, walked from the auto shop, ate well, ++ water, today got up 5:30, went to Y for 45 min cardio, feeling great, made salad with a little, chees and chicken for lunch.

A gal I work with lost 60+ lbs when she turned 50, (she is now 62 and looks fabulous!) she brought in apicture yesterday of her heavier self, could not believe it, she is now a runner, walks to work everydayand everywhere else she goes. But she says to me you know the only way I did it was to practically starve myself and exercise ++ each day. and she added she was heart broken at the time.

Is there hope for us???? Please tell me there is, I feel hopeful!!!

Have a great on plan Tuesday Turtles

Terri

Princess1122
05-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone and happy rainy Tuesday to you all! Not sure what will happen for this evening walking group, will just have to wait and see how Mother Nature plays out the day I guess.

I ate too much last night but I have got to say that it was another very hungry day for me yesterday. I packed a ton of on-plan foods for myself today just incase today goes like yesterday - I know that Bandit told me once to up my protein and I think that I will give that a try, get extra turkey etc at the store next time I go maybe some canned tuna too! I did not exercise last night and just went to bed a bit earlier then I normally do to save myself from eating anymore than I already had and sleep helps me too and it is something that I just don't get enough of.

Terri: There absolutely is hope for us... without a doubt! That is the way your friend lost weight but it does not have to be yours... she was going thru a rough time I guess and maybe that is just the way it played out for her but you are doing good, keep at it, track, eat on plan, drink your water and get your exercise in and you will do great!

Bandit: Sounds like you have some things happening this coming holiday weekend and that is wonderful! I am soooo sorry that you hurt yourself, UGH, I totally understand how you feel though and really hope it gets better. Can you get in to see your doctor or however that works to get some med's if you need them?

Judy: I grabbed a bunch of fruit at the store this weekend with making smoothies in mind also, have not got around to it yet but the strawberries sound wonderful! Have you been to the boardwalk yet this week?

I have to run, have a great day all!

Itryharder
05-17-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi turtles,
Bandit, I'm sorry you slipped and hurt your knee. You'll heal and be on your way dancing again in no time. Glad you've got your trailer opened. I love to hear of your summer activities. My goodness----look how long we've known each other and we're really looking out for each other. :bravo: :love:

Terri, I'm glad your co-worker lost weight and has kept it off. I'm with Princess that your co-worker did something that worked for her. Hey, we're doing something that works for us! We're moving and getting :strong: when we can. We're not overdoing it and hurting ourselves. We're not :tread: 3 hours/day (which we know would be unsustainable). We are eating right and when we're hungry we think of foods that are low points but filling. I've got Diet Jell-o in the fridge and lots of fruit. In my freezer I've got some strawberries I hulled and sliced and also some wild blueberries in a bag. Yummy. Look at how much you've lost, keep on doing it, and be an example to other people you work with that there's another way to be fit and healthy. I am thrilled for your friend and wish her all the best. Good for her. It's just that her way doesn't fit my personality.

Princess, glad you've got fruit in the house. I also like hard boiled eggs (minus the yolk) when I get hungry---source of protein without many points plus. And yes, more sleep helps. I feel if you're feeling hungry it probably means that you'll see a good weight loss soon. I have another idea. Someone years ago at this group mentioned making a huge salad to keep in the fridge. I did that this week and it was a big help. I made enough for 3 days, so when I said I'd have a salad for lunch, it was easy to do. Yesterday I put a sliced up hard boiled egg and my whole lunch was only 2 points plus. That gave me plenty to have delicious food at night. Just a thought.

For me: We've had rain all week, so no boardwalk since Wed. Dh and I have been running around with all sorts of errands and yesterday I made myself get on the :tread: since I felt the lack of exercise. It felt good in my head to do that. Ate out more than I thought I would this week, but the scale is showing improvement. Yay! Tonight we'll babysit our grandson for a sleepover since he's out of school tomorrow. That'll be fun. It's adorable.

Okay---gotta run.
Life4evr, keep up the good work. :carrot:
Cherry, always good to hear from you. You've learned a lot. :dance:

Judy

CherryAutumn
05-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Yesterday I actually journaled the whole day. I have not been able to do that in a long time. I lose track and then i dont want to track because i know i did bad. I think my goal needs to be to journal everything even if i am going over. Denial does not mean i didnt eat it.

Princess1122
05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Cherry: Sounds like a very good plan to me - great job and something that I think we all need to work on.

Judy: I forgot about the hard boiled eggs, that is a great idea, thanks! I remember that about the salad... maybe Ariana but I am not totally sure but I do remember someone said they did that. I keep bagged lettuce in my fridge now for my lunch salad then just add what ever veggies sound good that day, not as easy as having it all done but it seems to work for me.

Rain Rain Go Away! UGH! Come back in August when we all need it :D
Good Lord enough is enough - I need some dry warm weather and that will help to lift up my spirits even more but I do feel like I am in a very good place right now, better than I have been in a very long time!

Itryharder
05-17-2011, 08:15 PM
Cherry, good for you! :bravo: :cheer: journaling is the major secret to success. When you journal every bite, you know where you are. If you go over daily points, you've got your weekly allowance. You can do this!

Okay rain-----did you hear Princess? She has had it! And so do I and all the other Turtles. Hey Princess, so glad you stuck it out and heard that click. One thing I know is that I can't be perfect. Not even close. But when I do well I feel better and get healthier. This danged weight will come off and the closer to perfect I get the better it will be.

Judy

Princess1122
05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Good morning all and happy Rainy Wednesday to you all! No walking group last night due to really cruddy weather, I will try and get some hall walking in today here at work just not sure how the day will play out yet.

Food is packed for today and I have my water bottle filled... my journal is on my desk so I can write it all down... eager and worried about W/I tomorrow, I have just been sooooo hungry this week and am not sure how the scale is going to treat me... will just keep at it and see how it goes.

Judy: I made your crock pot saucy beans yesterday, they were very good but mine turned out a bit firm, the beans that is, I soaked them and boiled them and then they spent the day in the crock pot so I am not sure what I did but they were very tasty and I have the leftovers in the fridge, will have them again tomorrow evening I think. How are the hives these days? Moved on I hope for your sake!

All: Have a great day!

Itryharder
05-18-2011, 09:56 AM
princess, you sound great. When I made those beans, mine turned out firm too. Does anyone have a suggestion?
My hives are still with me, but I have been getting some relief with an additional med and am praying that they are almost over. Thanks for asking.
Going to my WI now.
Judy

CherryAutumn
05-18-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey ladies. It sounds like we have all had a lot of rain lately. My mom offered to work on eating better with me and we started weighing in on Wed. so for the first week i went from 244.8 to 241.8 so i am down 3 pounds this week. The main thing is the journaling and cutting out my chips.

Itryharder
05-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Cherry, :bravo: :goodscale: :carrot: :dancer: :dance:
Cherry, this is great news. How nice that your Mom will be a buddy for you.
This is terrific!!!!

My scale went up this week. It was only .4#, but such a funny thing happened. Last week I posted the incorrect weight and was really surprised to see I hadn't gained as much as I thought. So, my new weight is 197.2.
I'm off to see my sisters----and I'll chime in when I get back. Dh is staying home----he'll love to eat lots of pizza in my absence, I'm sure. LOL. Good luck to everybody!!
Judy
234.6/197.2/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
05-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Cherry: Awesome job on the first weigh in and congrats on having a buddy! That makes a huge difference, when DH was exercising and doing WW with me we were both really successful and it was so nice to have a partner... Now, well I have you all here and that is ok by me, I thank God for you all daily!

Judy: Have a great time with your sisters and not a bad weigh in at all really, if you have to go up at least it was only a smidge and you will have that off in no time! Need to edit to add this quick: I am so sorry that you are still dealing with your hives... Do the doctor's have any idea what causes them?

bandit2
05-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Hi turtles:

Just poking along up here & trying to stay dry. Went to movies and seen
Bridesmaids with my girlfriends and thought is was very funny - lots of laughs,
just light fluffy girly stuff, but entertaining. But I did have popcorn for my
dinner and that will probably cause problems at my weigh in tomorrow.
But I enjoyed my evening & will go from there.

Cherry - congrats on such a fabulous weight loss this week & thrilled you
have a buddy to motivate and support each other!

Judy - little bleep, onward & foward there you go!

Princess - I know what you mean about having someone to share this you, really helps - for me, especially with the exercise. You know when you just don't want to drag your butt out there but also don't want to let down your buddy then you go. But as you said, I am so thankful for the support,
motivation, inspiration and tips from this wonderful group.

All - you are great!

terrod99
05-19-2011, 08:14 AM
Hey All, Happy Thursday! What a week.

My Mom fell Tuesday morning, so she is in hospital, badly bruised, sprained ankle, not very mobile. We don't know what we are going to do with her. She wants me to still go to the lake for the weekend, so we are going, my sister and some other family/friends will be arounnd to visit her.

Sounds like everyone is going well, I am glad, My eating has been ok, did exercise Tuesday am, will just keep at it best I can.

Bandit have a great weekend at the Scugog!

Everyone else it is our long holiday weekend in Canada our summer kickoff. You guys have one coming up to don't you? Weather looks not too bad (I am being optimistic!).

So lets keep at it and we will do this together!

Terri

Princess1122
05-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Another rainy gloomy day here. I have W/I tonight so we will see how it goes. I did not go to knitting last night, I have been very tired this week so I took a night off last night and got to bed early again which is needed so it is not a wasted night.

We will try and get the yard work in tomorrow, it looks like it is about our only day that it is not going to rain for a while so we will give it a shot.

Terri: very sorry to hear about your mom, I hope that she has a speedy recovery! Yes, our holiday weekend is the last weekend in May, Memorial Day weekend... and I am very ready for the time off even if it is only a day and we have to travel for part of the weekend to go to a wedding down in the southern part of the state, that is also DH and my anniversary so we will be busy all the way around LOL.

Bandit: I totally agree, a buddy makes things much nicer! How is your leg doing after your fall?

Cherry: How are you doing?

Judy: I sure hope that you are enjoying yourself with your family and staying dry!

life4evr
05-20-2011, 12:24 AM
Hope everyone had a good day. I am still here floating along. WW not doing so well with that. I did get most of my paperwork done for school. So I start back again Tuesday so soon. Going to try to track and exercise tomorrow. Have a goodnight.

Princess1122
05-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I am sure that I am not the only one that is very glad to see it get here! It has just been a long and cruddy week here for me so I am ready for some down time. I went to meeting and W/I last night - was up .2 lbs... frustrating but the whole being hungry all week caught up with me I guess and the fact that I did not get out and walk thru the week but stayed home and got to bed early most nights... so it was a trade off I guess and one that I picked so I can not complain. I will try harder this week and get some planning done this weekend for next week.

The following weekend is going to be a real challenge for me since we will be away for a while so I need to start thinking about that also.

I hope that everyone is doing well and it is good to hear from Life - I hope that you get back into a routine with working and school and can fit WW into your plan also.

I have to run, have a great day all!

life4evr
05-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Princess I am going to try my best if not I may out grow my scrubs again. I changed my weigh in day to friday, since more sunday mornings I am trying to make it to work, and forget to weigh period. Nothing new over here. Trying to eat before I run my errands for the day. Hope everyone has a good day.

Princess1122
05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday to you all! It is a very pretty morning here today, bad storms on the way but for right now skies are clear and blue and it is a wonderful day!

Busy weekend so far but I did make it to cycling class with D-DIL and then took the dogs to the park for a quick walk, thinking I might grab the leashes and head out now too before the clouds roll in, they need the exercise and so do I! Food has been pretty good so far this weekend... DH and I babysat last night and grabbed take-out on our way there, it was McDonalds - I picked the Southwest salad with grilled chicken I have to figure up the totall points because of the dressing and all but it was very good and over all not a bad choice with a diet coke which I don't normally drink but needed the caffine as a pick me up to keep me awake for babysitting... LOL. Which was wonderful by the way, he was so cute and other than being just a bit snarky was a very good baby :D

Have to run, lots to do today!

Princess1122
05-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Good Morning all and Happy Monday to Everyone! Crazy bad storms went through here last night so there was not much sleep had in my house LOL - but we have no visable damage so we are grateful and will hope for a better nights sleep tonight. I have errands to run after work today to get ready for our long weekend coming up, with travel and all I really want to be prepared, even over prepared would not be a bad thing at this point.

Weekend was good for food and I got some exercise in Saturday, never made it out yesterday with the dogs, I let myself get sidetracked and the day got away from me... I need to work harder on that. On a positive note, I actually tracked my food all weekend, which is huge for me lately!

I ordered some padded bike capri style pants for my cycling classes, thinking it will help a bit with the soreness afterwards LOL.

Any new recipes out there? I have been looking for some good summer style quick recipes for supper on weekday evenings. Any suggestions?

I hope that everyone has a great day!

terrod99
05-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey All Hope you had a great weekend. Looks like everyone was busy, no time to drop a line!

Princess I will think about the recipes, pretty sure I have some quick easy, BBQ and WW friendly recipes. Heard on the radio about the storms, 68 (or so)tornadoes on the US on the weekend ! That is awful.

Life just do the best you can one day at a time, it will fall into place.

Have a great day!

Terri

Good weekend here weather was ok, black flies were bad!!! Many bites, fell through a rotted part of the deck and bruised my leg, it is sore. Ate so so, had too much wine. A bit of exercise. Moving on must be extra good this week! Will be extra good!!!

Hope everyone is doing well
Not sure why my post is mixed up!!! That's not the order I typed it!

Princess1122
05-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Good morning all and happy Tuesday to you all... more storms last night, I had gone over to the mall and ran in Macy's for a quick look around - I need a pair of sandals or flats for the wedding this weekend, when I came out of the store it looked like the end of the world was approaching... had to drive home in the middle of it, hail and all but I made it safe and sound. After all that I did not end up finding any shoes either... LOL. Oh well, will try again on my way home today with another store.

I am on plan so far this week... lots of stress at home right now but am really trying to not use it as an excuse to eat or smoke or not exercise... so far so good.

Not sure about walking group tonight as they are calling for rain, will just wait and see how it goes.

I have not slept well at all for the past few nights and it is really catching up with me, which effects my weight loss so I will try and get to bed tonight early and get some rest.

Terri: I sure hope your leg is ok - glad to hear that you had a basically nice holiday weekend other than that. Sharing recipes is always a good way to try something new... I need to dig up one or two of mine and post them also.

Have a great day all!

bandit2
05-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Hi turtles:

Busy up here with being away over the long weekend, but our weather
was nice and got to spend lots of time outdoors for a change. I spent
2 nights at my trailer with some company, so that was fun.
Eating wasn't too great - too many snacks for sure. Did OK with the drinks,
only had 2 Sun evening.

I seen on TV all the bad weather in the States - my goodness, that was awful.

Terri - sorry to hear about you hurting yourself on your deck. My knee is
still sore from falling on my trailer deck over a week ago. We will all have to
be more careful.

All - lets all have a successful week!

Itryharder
05-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi All,
Will read all your posts later. I arrived back home early this morning after spending about a week away visiting my sisters. it was great. good to be home and posting again---weight doesn't look too bad.
Love,
Judy

life4evr
05-24-2011, 10:49 PM
I am doing a quick fly by. So my eating has been so so. I had bojangles this morning which wasn't brightest idea I didn't feel too good after wards. So classes started back today I made and was awake in spite of working third.

Going to at least try make zumba tomorrow. I haven't been in a couple of weeks and I have missed it. Not to mention I have a different pair of sneakers I want to try.

I noticed something today when I am about to fall out tired and forcing myself to stay up for some reason or another. I eat way more. I dontk now if it's my body way of trying to keep on functioning or what. Hope everyone has agood day. I am going to try to get organized for school then get some sleep I so desperately need.

Princess1122
05-25-2011, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday! They are calling for wicked storms this afternoon... again. Not what we need since we are so saturated with rain as it is - Mother Nature must be in a really bad mood lately or something but she needs to take a chill pill and go on vacation for a bit... give us all a break.

I went to walking group last night, no one showed up but we had clear weather so I just walked away the hour by myself - got in about 3 miles so I was happy with that. I guess the whole walking group idea was not as popular as I had hoped it would be... oh well, I was able to get in some really good walking time and time to myself to just think and decompress which I needed. It worked out well for me in the long run.

Food has been good and my raging hunger has gone down just a bit, I am thinking that my body is getting used to the increased exercise and also I have increased my protien like Bandit suggested a while back so that has helped too and really have put work and effort into planning my meals like Judy suggested...

Bandit: Glad you had a nice holiday and got in some time at the lake... I hope your knee feels better soon!

Judy: Glad you made it home safe and very happy that you had a good time with your sisters!

Life: Sleep is so important to us for so many reasons but for weight loss it is extremely important! I get the same way when I am tried and that is why I really work on getting a steady and consistant amount of good sleep each night, it does not always work but I sure try :D

Terri: How are you doing since your fall? How is your mom doing? Glad to hear that you got away for some down time!

bandit2
05-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone

Sunny today, but more rain in the forecast. Hope you are all keeping dry.

Just coasting along trying to stay on track - knee too sore for exercising
I watched Biggest Loser last night & they have all done great.
The lady who won the at home price is way tooooooo thin and did not look good. But they should all be very proud. So that frees up my Tues evenings
for awhile.

Have a great day!

CherryAutumn
05-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Well the scale read 237.8 this morning.:D I guess that is 4 pounds from last week but my weight has been fluctuating all over the place. I am sure you ladies have seen the news about Joplin Mo and the devestating tornado.:( Well i live about 30 min. from there and just seeing the devestation is heartbreaking.

Itryharder
05-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi Turtles,
It's really nice to be back. Being away was great, but now I'm settling into my old routine. I'm trying to not eat unless I'm hungry. What a concept!
So far, so good.
I gained another .6# this week-----but being away and getting almost no exercise and having a restaurant that served delicious food, I could have expected to gain more. Very glad I didn't.
Gotta run and still do more things. I'll start a new thread when we hit 50messages. In the meantime, keep on keepin' on. You're all the best!
Judy
234.6/197.8/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
05-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Tonight is my W/I and meeting so we will see if all the hard work is paying off... not sure but will be excited with a loss.

Huge horrible storms came thru here last evening... lots of damage all around but it looks like we were lucky at our house and other than a lot of standing water we have no damage... we were lucky.

Just trying to stay on plan and get ready for the holiday weekend here, not much else going on.

Judy: It is wonderful to get away but nice to get home and be in your own world and routine. I am sorry that you had a gain, any gain no matter of the reason is never what we want to see so I hope the scale heads in the other direction for you this week!

Bandit: I was only able to catch a couple of minutes of the final episode but it looked like they had lost a ton of weight... wow what fabulous results... I am thinking that Jillian is going to be missed... I liked her, LOL, she was fiesty and snarky!

Cherry: Congrats and run with it! A loss is a loss, just keep at it and it will become constant!

Terri: How are you doing?

Life: How is everything going for you!

I have to run, have a great day ladies!

Itryharder
05-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, good luck on your WI tonight. Glad you walked even though others didn't show up! :tread:

Yesterday was a good day. Food was careful and I ate when hungry---not too much snacking, so I'm glad about that. Hoping for a good weekend and a good WI. Family will be here this weekend and we'll have round the clock and weekend BBQ's. I'm going to check out my cookbooks to see about new salads. One I'll make for sure is sliced cukes and onions, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper and dill. Yummy and basically no points.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Judy
234.6/197.8/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
05-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Morning, turtles:

Judy - sorry to hear about your little gain at the scales but happy you
enjoyed your get away. Now you are back & can get back into your regular routine and be back down again in now time.

CHerry - congrats to you. Baby steps get you far in the long run.

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in and am hoping you will be
rewarded greatly at the scales for all your hard work.

I have today off and working tomorrow instead, we have 1 girl off on maternaty leave and another one is going to Washington for a few days and will be off tomorrow, so I will go in. I don't mind doing that sometimes.
So today I thought I would do yard work at the house & guess what, woke
up to pouring rain so right now looking like a laundry/indoor catchup day.
Seriously this rain is getting to be abit much, you just can't plan anything.
Oh well, complaining about it doesn't help.

So I also have my weigh in tonight and if I get by with a turtle I will be happy.
I have not been exercising at all since I hurt my knee and that just snowballs over to having too much off this & that and before you know it the scale goes up. Even just alittle exercise helps soooo much and I think you get into
a different mindset as well. If I got creative I could be doing some kind of exercise, but am use to my walking and just using that excuse to be lazy.

Princess - I like Jillian as well and certainly won't be the same without her.
Last month she was in Toronto for a book signing and my daughter got to meet her and had a good talk with her as well. Jillian was very encouraging to my daughter who is also a trainer and we got some nice pictures of them together.

All- hope you are having the best week you can with whatever you have to deal with.

And rememer - If losing weight was easy everyone would be thin.

life4evr
05-26-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey everyone. I am here tomorrow is weigh in day so that should be interesting for me. I have learned I do not need to work third when I have to be up the next day. IT throws my sleep schedule all off. Nothing new to report hope everyone had a good day.

Princess1122
05-27-2011, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Friday! We have a very busy weekend ahead of us and I don't know how often I will be able to get online but I hope that everyone enjoys their weekend / holiday - I am thinking the preparation is the key to success for all of us over the next few days.

Went to my meeting and W/I last night, was down 1.0 lbs... I really thought it would be more, and the scale - up until last night showed that I was down about 3 lbs, I jumped on quick before I headed out to my meeting and wham! it was way back up, not sure what I did wrong. But I was down a pound and I will take it and keep at it!

Bandit: Hope you did well last night at your W/I! That was nice of you to switch days with your co-worker! We have so much standing water it will most likely be till Monday till we can mow and our grass is soooo long now from all the rain... oh well - we will get at it when we get back from being down south.

Judy: Your salad sounds wonderful! Big opening day for all of the beach towns and boardwalks so I am sure there will be lots going on in your neck of the woods!

Life: Hope you have a good weekend!

Cherry: How are you doing? Any plans for the weekend?

Terri: How are you doing? Hope all is well with you, post with an update when you can!

Itryharder
05-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi All,
I'm going to start a new thread since we hit 50 posts. See you all at #256 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

Princess, it could be a fluid gain. Something salty would do that to me. Down 1# is good, but when you were expecting down #3, it is disappointing. Stay tight. You know what you're doing and you'll get those #3 off this week.

I had an okay day in that my dh wanted Greek food. I pointed out a gyro which is what I had. It was 16 points plus. Certainly not worth it in my opinion, especially since I had to go into my weekly points to fit it in. I'm up 1/2# on my scale, when I had already dropped a little weight the day before. So today, I'll be even better. I can do this. My sister pointed out to me that I had gotten heavy, and I knocked off a lot of weight and I've been chiseling off bits and pieces of weight since then. She's right and I shouldn't be sad about not doing better. However, I'm up about 8-10# since Christmas and I need to be more efficient about losing that weight! Wish me well.

See you all on the next thread!
Judy