Chicks up for a Challenge - Sarge's No Excuses / Boot Camp To Beach Weather #5

Pages : [1] 2

JayTee
05-09-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/8611211/2/istockphoto_8611211-drill-sergeant.jpg

I joined 3FC seriously on 1/1/11, have lost 52 lbs./23%, and have assembled a platoon, a group determined to give 110% every day to achieving their weight loss goal. Some of the ladies nicknamed me Sarge, so Sarge it is!

--Please join if you're serious about dropping pounds and melting your BUTT-er (that's a salute to one of our troops) and have a sense of humor!

--Please join if you want daily motivation to achieve your goal. Sarge has plenty of time to keep an eye on you!

--Please join if you want Sarge to scream in your face like Jillian Michaels on Biggest Loser because that's what you're gonna get!

--Please join if you understand the definition of challenge, "...a call to engage in a contest, fight, or competition," this is your life we're talking about!

--Don't join if you're gonna bring excuses!

--Don't join if your head isn't in it yet. We'll be here to embrace you with well-toned arms when you're ready.

--Don't join if you're overly sensitive to comments like "step away from the buffet!"

--Don't join if you want to discuss anything other than get this freaking weight off of me! Sarge is type A personality. Reading touchy-feely stuff makes Sarge's eyes bleed!

RULES: Simply make Sarge a promise each Sunday to lose a certain number of pounds the following week then DO IT! New Privates encouraged to join any Sunday!

WHO IS WITH ME?!?!?!? All are welcome (including men)...any age, any amount of weight to lose. Say "Yes, Count Me In Sarge!" Do it, you know you want to, then drop and give me 20 minutes of exercise!

:drill:
Sarge

Disclaimer: Sarge is not a doctor, a nutritionist, or personal trainer with any sort of real medical knowledge. Additionally, it is not my intention to poke fun at our armed forces. I salute the men & women protecting our country.

JayTee
05-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Just rolling over the pledges from last thread...

Pledges 5/8-5/15

Sarge = 1 (& 5 Day Booze free)
Pokey = 1 (spazzy dancing & 5 Day Booze free)
Cheshire = 1
Kendrab = 2
Celrae = 2
Reso = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Linalin = 1 (& 5 Day Cheat free)
Bnhtla = 2
Peanutt = 1
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2
fatarnp = 1.5
LucyF = Maintain
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Misstiff = 2
K3= 1.5
Kneed = 3
Deanna = 2
Yoyo = maintain & still working on that 1 inch

Trolsk = 1

Total platoon goal = 30 lbs.

Newbie--week 5/15
aally =

Long & Short Term goals:

Peanutt -- 5K / May 29th
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Madam B -- Warrior Dash / 7/23
Kneed -- Warrior Dash / 6/18

(Warrior Dash is a 3+mile mud crawling, fire leaping, extreme run from he**)

Signed up for next BL Summer Challenge/Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3!

pokeycactus
05-09-2011, 05:43 PM
There must be something in the water, Sarge, because I am positively vibrating with energy today.

Ran this morning and watched my times - Mile 1 was 14.46 and mile two came in at 30.55. Not bad for a girl who wouldn't run to her car in the rain six weeks ago!!!

I also did a two-fer today because of this wild energy, and I did it Rocky-style ;)

I took MadamB's prompting and signed up for both classes. Crazy!!! So, come May 31st, I'll be boxing and Biggest Loser-ing!

Now I have that orange pork marinating in the fridge, and will be adding green beans with walnuts and bleu cheese crumbles as a side.

Hope everyone's having a great day!!!!!

lucyford
05-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Just got home from 130 minutes at the gym!! Pretty good for me. Now it's off to the grocery store. (I'd rather go back to the gym than to the grocery store...)
I'm going to try working out really hard this week to see what it does for my water retention. We'll see....

SMSDREAMER2007
05-09-2011, 05:59 PM
new thread already? jeez! I have a headache had some soynuts which is when it started, not sure. Ive had soy milk before and was fine though.....im thinking I gained 10 lbs this weekend bleh I feel like im bloated up the hilt (even though i know its just water, i didnt eat enough to gain 10 lbs) a nsv though, I am 3 pant sizes down from when I started, tried on some 22's on sat thinking they wouldnt fit and they did! woot woot!

linalin
05-09-2011, 06:06 PM
Sarge: Wow! New thread already!?

Pokey: I have the crazy energy too! I'm waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can go out to the garage and be handy/crafty! YAY POWERTOOLS! :D
Good luck with your classes! Sounds like a lot of fun!

Lucy: 130 min! Go you! Kicking @$$ and taking names, huh? :)

SMS: AWESOME NSV! Woot woot!! Hope your head feels better!

*Just checking in... so far, no cheating! I have actually eaten LESS than I should because I've been so busy! :)

K3LL3Y
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Hello new thread. Having a pretty good day. Calories are right on. Felling a bit of a pull for wine but I'm sticking to no alcohol during the week to keep those extra calories out of my diet.

JayTee
05-09-2011, 06:39 PM
K3-- Don't Do It!!!! I Was Just Feeling The Same Urge, But I Remembered How Awesome I Felt Last Week When I 'dried Out" Monday To Friday!!!! Save Yourself!!!

Pokey -- Yummy pork tenderloin a'la Rocky!

Dreamer--Pants on the ground with a headache?!?!

LucyF -- Like Linalin said, 130 min. in the gym today? NICELY DONE!

Reso -- come out, come out wherever you are!

Let's hope this Week O'Win continues for all!

kneed2lose
05-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Sarge: The Warrior Dash that im signed up for is on June 18th! Im so excited! Im doing it with all my cousins, we have to figure out a fun and crazy costume idea soon!

Pokey: Signed up for both class?!?! AMAZING!! Good for you!! And about a 15 min. mile is awesome! Good job!

WoooHooo Just signed up for the Biggest Loser Challenge!! Thanks for posting that Sarge, somehow Im always too late!

linalin
05-09-2011, 07:55 PM
STILL have the energy! What can I do to get rid of it?! ;) lol

I'm surprising my wonderful amaaaaaaazing boyfriend with a "man cave" in the garage... my BIL built a beautiful bench and table for me and I just painted them (along with the help of our 7 year old... she told me she'd do it for $1! As cheap as I am, I can't even give her that- gonna surprise her with $10 on Friday!)... I am SO PUMPED for him to come home and see it! I really hope he loves it! )

MadamButterfly
05-09-2011, 08:15 PM
WOOHOO, new thread

Pokey: I made that pork a few days ago, sooooo good, I had green beans too . . . Great minds think alike :D. used the leftovers and made tacos with mexican cheese, avacado on corn tortillas (from the mexican tortilleria). Oh you signed up for both . . . :woohoo: just remember when you're sore and tired, it will only be for a few weeks, then just the kickboxing . . .

OK, just popped in to say good night as I'm off to drink wine, eat a little cheese and chocolate (I worked evenings this past Fri, Sat and Sun) so tonight I get to pop the cork :dance: I have that same energy bug too. I cleaned the house, top to bottom, (including bathrooms)laundry, grocery store, put on a new muffler strap on the car (the other one rusted away) mowed the yard, put out 10 bags (20 yards) of mulch . . . OK that was enough

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

SARGE: DON'T FORGET TO BRING FORWARD MY WHOOOOSH FAIRY :D PLEASE!!!!!

NIGHT

pokeycactus
05-09-2011, 08:22 PM
MadamB - thanks for the support with the two classes! :) And really, is there anything better in this world than wine and cheese?!

JayTee
05-09-2011, 08:29 PM
Better than wine & cheese? Yes, sugar free vanilla pudding with sliced bananas and just a few walnuts on top (100 cals)! Yummmmm...

Gooey--Woosh fairy transport:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_VksF8jsTxII/S86An19rrOI/AAAAAAAAAD8/qeZmc2cOTVk/s1600/whoosh.gif

Just make sure you clean up after you woosh! :)

Resolute
05-09-2011, 08:38 PM
MadamB - thanks for the support with the two classes! :) And really, is there anything better in this world than wine and cheese?!

Yes meat ! lots and lots of meat. :D

Hi everybody, still hanging back taking it easier on the stress, didn't hardly do any extra exercise other than my daily walk and one or two bike rides this weekend and low and behold the scale dropped 3 pounds as of a couple minutes ago, i just had to be pushing my body to hard, causing physical stress and a near complete shutdown of burn to protect and repair, don't push yourself to hard or you will actually negate your efforts, nuts.... :dizzy:

So i'm happy and having a couple rye and gingers, sorry for those abstaining. :p

MadamB : Gonna pull out my rubber ducky and have a nice hot bath tonight instead of my regular shower. :D

JayTee : Not mad at me anymore ? :o You called me Reso again instead of Resolute. :hug: Some of us guys pick up on the little things too, you know me. :dizzy:

JayTee
05-09-2011, 08:44 PM
Linalin -- Still wanting to burn extra energy. Pick a challenge from this site: (it'll get rid of that extra energy): http://www.youregoingtosweat.com/the_challenge.html

Reso-- Did I call you by your full name recently?!?!? I wasn't mad! So happy for that 3lb WOOSH you got from taking it easy. Way to monitor things so you don't burn out!

Cheshirecat
05-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Checking in for the night. Love all the energy everyone has.

Way to go being Bad A@@ MadamB! Whooo. Oh yeah, welcome to the world of runners. We are all a little crazy here!
I could have used some of your weather. It was a hot run for me. 85 degrees and I felt it. But it was a good run.

Reso-Where are you hiding man? You didn't go for one of your long walks and get lost, did you?! (Ha, we were typing at the same time. HI!)

Pokey-Nice job with the run! Good luck with the two classes! You are definitely going to do some butt-er melting with all that!

Lucy-130 minutes--awesome!

This orange pork sounds good. I think that it will be on my menu Wednesday.

I got a watermelon yesterday shopping and have been munching on it waiting for the husband to get home. Win.

peanutt
05-09-2011, 08:56 PM
Lookit Reso in a new decade! Gooooodbye 220s! I'm glad you took it easy for a few days and got a nice scale result from that rest.

Just got back from my first run of week 8 (28 minutes!) and I'm pooped. It's very warm here today...well, warm for us. It's about 20C right now and I didn't realize that the warmer weather would take so much more out of me during my run. Also got a bit of a tan starting up. Feeling great now though and about to dive into some healthy and spicy turkey chili for dinner with a Corona on the side. ;) Sorry guys, but I can't resist a nice cold beer on one of the only summery days we've had this year!

Resolute
05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
Linalin -- Still wanting to burn extra energy. Pick a challenge from this site: (it'll get rid of that extra energy): http://www.youregoingtosweat.com/the_challenge.html

Reso-- Did I call you by your full name recently?!?!? I wasn't mad! So happy for that 3lb WOOSH you got from taking it easy. Way to monitor things so you don't burn out!

Yes, i'm sorry i was so down. :^:

peanutt: Awww, thanks peanutt :hug: Can't blame you for partaking on a sunny day, it's been horrible, raining and overcast here for days, hope we get some of your weather.

Cheshire : Miss me ? :p :hug: http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif I'm just trying to ease off a little bit for a while, been lurking around, need to make that orange pork as well, especially with everyone talking about it. In the past i've warned others not to burn themselves out by trying/pushing to hard, was exactly what i was beginning to do.

P.S Wow i'm 20 pounds from onederland, OMG... At one time i never thought it even possible.

patchworkpenguin
05-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Had a nice day with Hubby. Tomorrow is our Anniversary but he has to work so we celebrated with a giftcard to Outback Steakhouse from my Sis.

Reso, good job on the loss!

Pokey, Kbox Bootcamp sounds like fun! Enjoy both classes.

bnhtla06
05-09-2011, 09:47 PM
I gotta get me some of Pokey's water. I'm feeling like a dud. I started week 5 today and holy cardiac arrest, Batman! I don't think I'm ready. I toughed out a Jillian Michaels eFit workout to avoid feeling like a total failure, but I couldn't do the run today. How big a wimp would I be if I decided to repeat week 4?

peanutt
05-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I gotta get me some of Pokey's water. I'm feeling like a dud. I started week 5 today and holy cardiac arrest, Batman! I don't think I'm ready. I toughed out a Jillian Michaels eFit workout to avoid feeling like a total failure, but I couldn't do the run today. How big a wimp would I be if I decided to repeat week 4?

Not wimpy at all!! If you're not ready, then repeat the week 4. No failure! ;)

pokeycactus
05-09-2011, 10:41 PM

Do it! I'm a repeater and felt better repeating a week than possibly injuring myself and not being able to run at all. No matter what, you're running! I feel pretty awesome just with that. :)

Reso, friend, I've MISSED you! Congratulations on breaking into a new decade, I'm really happy for you!

I'm here to say the orange pork is AMAZING. Flavorful, tender, low cal and YUMMY. I made steamed green beans and sprinkled just a touch of bleu cheese and toasted walnuts on top. Whoa good!

pintamino90
05-09-2011, 10:58 PM
Just wanted to check in and let you know I won't be checking in until my computer comes back from the doctor -- I think finals week killed it -- stole my brother's netbook for this... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYBODY AND I WILL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK (hopefully).

chickadee32
05-10-2011, 12:25 AM
OMG, a new thread already?!? Chatty cathies we are!

Went out to dinner tonight for my MIL's birthday, and knew it would be a big meal and I would want to have wine, and so I ate very little during the day (240 cals before dinner) in preparation. I am happy to have stayed within my calorie range as a result. :) However, the two glasses of wine definitely made me a little buzzed, and so that made the treadmill interesting tonight. :lol: I had plenty of energy from all the protein at dinner though, and was happily singing along (silently) to my music. I missed the gym so.much.

A happy kind-of-scale victory today: I realized I met a goal that I had forgotten about. A year and a half ago my gift to my sister for her 30th birthday was skydiving for her and a friend (tandem jump). She really wanted me to be the one to go with her, but my weight was too high for us to have gone together (the weight limit was 230 lbs, and my weight meant we would've had to go up in separate planes). I was very sad and ashamed, and my mom went with my sister instead. They had a great time (despite my sister passing out after the parachute opened! :eek:), and my sister said she wanted to go again some time, this time with me. I thought at the time that it would probably never happen, because I'd never manage to lose the weight. I hadn't thought about it in a while, but for some reason it came to mind today and I realized that I could totally go with her now! What a great feeling that is. :D

Also, while at the doctor's office today (my husband had an appt), I had the receptionist pull my file so that I could look at my weight trend over the past 11 years. My present weight is the lowest I've been in more than 9 years. :D

OK, enough of my rambling. :)

Pokey: The classes sound great! I hope you have a lot of fun with them. :) (the 6am thing would kill me, lol. I am NOT a morning person!!!)

MadamB: Productive day!! Hope you enjoyed relaxing this evening. :)

Resolute: YAY!!! :cheer3: :cheer2: I am so thrilled for you!!! And I'm totally glad you gave your body some of the rest it was craving. I'm thinking you might still whoosh some more the rest of this week - you are going to be at onderland in no time! :D And the Reso/Resolute thing was adorable, btw.

Cheshire and peanutt: Way to go on the runs even in the hot weather! You dedication is inspiring... I feel like I would be less motivated to exercise without the temperature-controlled gym, lol.

penguin: Happy Anniversary!! Hope you had a great time tonight. :)

bnhtla: Definitely not a wimp repeating a week! Not at all! Great job continuing to push through it to the degree that your body can handle - that IS an accomplishment.

pintamino: Hope we see you back soon!

OK, that's as far back as I can see in the post history on the reply page, so that's as far as I'm getting with personals tonight. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!

Resolute
05-10-2011, 12:49 AM
Do it! I'm a repeater and felt better repeating a week than possibly injuring myself and not being able to run at all. No matter what, you're running! I feel pretty awesome just with that. :)

Reso, friend, I've MISSED you! Congratulations on breaking into a new decade, I'm really happy for you!

I'm here to say the orange pork is AMAZING. Flavorful, tender, low cal and YUMMY. I made steamed green beans and sprinkled just a touch of bleu cheese and toasted walnuts on top. Whoa good!

Just a quick pop in, :hug: thanks Pokey :o You sure are strong mentally lately, so glad life is rolling you six's, making me hungry though, your meal sounds delish. :D

Chickadee: It's good that life is leveling out for you, congrats on your NSV's. :D And great job on managing the calorie intake.

Penguin : Happy Anniversary. :D

Off to dream land i go. :)

Cheshirecat
05-10-2011, 07:21 AM
It's Morning Time!

Grab your sneakers and go sweat it out Platoon!
I have my walk with my co-workers and then I think I going to hit the iron! LOL....maybe only like 5 lbs worth of iron---but iron.

Penguin-Happy Anniversary.

Chickadee--That is a definite WIN! Great job being your lowest weight and realizing that you are taking control of your life.

Bnt-Definitely go ahead and repeat the week. It can't be wimpy if you are still getting out there and doing it!

Reso-Glad to see you are still lurkering around with us. Good that you are taking care of yourself. Less then 20 lbs...that's an awesome feeling. Great job.

Okay, Platoon, make it happen today!

K3LL3Y
05-10-2011, 07:43 AM
I was good yesterday. Got my running in, did about an hour of gardening and another of house cleaning. I did not cave in and am sticking to no alcohol during the week. Up early and getting started before the rain comes in. I'm going to go get my 2.5mi walk in. (I'm following everyones advice and not trying to run two days in a row when just starting out)
Hope you all have a lovely day.

Chickadee - Congrats on the huge milestone. You should be very proud of yourself.
Reso- Sometimes the body just needs rest days. Congrats on dropping the extra pounds.
bnhtla- I would repeat the week if you don't feel ready for the longer runs. The whole point is to get out there and keep going. Keep up the good work.

Okay I'm off, Going to make my goal this week :)

Resolute
05-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Just a quick good morning to everyone, have a nice day. :)

JayTee
05-10-2011, 08:29 AM
GOOOOOD MORNING PLATOON! HOPE ALL THOSE ENERGETIC FIRES CONTINUE TO BURN TODAY!!

Just a quick catch-up...

Chickadee--You're like the BL show this season, ready to bungee and skydive!

Penquin--Happy Anniversary

Reso--I woke this morning thinking that I could even change your name a bit further by changing one letter to your alter emotional self...Remo??? :hug: You know Sarge would miss you if you disappeared! BTW, serious CONGRATS on entering a new decade!

Peanutt -- You continue to be so awesome. Not only are you a consistent voice of reason, but I'm always drawn to that skinny shadow avatar of yours. You're like this gentle, wafting, inner challenging voice, "... c'mon, get out there, you know you can..."

K3--You signed up for BL Challenge (but go back and edit your post to request Red team if you want to hang with the others in the platoon unless of course you want to get away from them...hahaha). Sarge would love to see someone from the platoon take the next title!

Pokey & Bnhtla-You win funniest posts of the night. My mind started combining the posts regarding "Pokey water," "pork," and that you were a C25K "repeaters" like re-peat offenders...and "holy cardiac arrest..." :)

OK gang, time to lace up those bad a**, can o'wup-a** combat boots and hit the gym. It's TURBO TUESDAY 2-A DAY here and time to wave good-bye to our butt-ery fat:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/214/d/8/Adipose_Industries_by_Julesdale.jpg

Sarge

celrae
05-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Ok these are my mental stumbling blocks. Saying them out loud should help.Wisdom welcomed.

1. Husband has lost his weight quickly and is almost at goal. We work separate plans (positive I don't depend on him to keep me on track). Down side is I am frustrated when I hear his numbers.

2. Already plotting my workout routine for my next 6 weeks that starts June 1st. Problem is I am over thinking it. Already worried about taking a cross fit class and failing. Currently I have been walking and doing stairs, would like to add more.

3. I am excited about my new habits and want to share them with friends. I have invited them to workout with me and I have had mixed feedback. The effort of organizing an exercise date has been more trouble than it is worth. I think it would be best to keep my mouth shut.

linalin
05-10-2011, 10:24 AM
celrae: Hang in there! I feel you on two of those issues: My BF recently lost 40 lbs, and while I don't have to hear it right now bc he's on deployment- I know when I come back he'll still be losing probably and it might be discouraging to hear his numbers! I've always heard that women lose slower than men-- not sure how true that is, but just remember (if it is true), it's just nature! :)
And I can't ANYONE to work out with me. I suckered one friend into coming to the gym on my guest pass and she LOVED it. And now she keeps coming up with excuses about why she can't join. It's frustrating! Even worse: My mom is losing weight too and I offered to BUY her a membership AND drive her to the gym every day and she told me NO! Ahhh wth is wrong with people?!

Good morning, btw ;)
STILL have the energy! Taking advantage of it and cleaning my bathrooms today! Only popped on real fast while the floor is drying lol

Have a good day all!

pokeycactus
05-10-2011, 11:26 AM
Celrae:

1: My husband has the metabolism of a high school track star. When I started making healthier food for us, he lost weight FAST. It slooooowly came off me. He lifts weights for about a half hour 4 mornings a week and has trimmed down so that he has hardly any body fat - I work out with hard cardio and JM weight-type workouts 5 to 6 days a week and it's coming off really slowly. What can you do? Some people just have an easier time losing weight - and maybe Reso can chime in on this one, but it does certainly seem like men can do it easier than women can. Just keep it up and maybe encourage your husband to continue working out even when he hits his goal? My husband has zero weight to lose, but has a terrible family health history - his dad had a heart attack and subsequent pacemaker at 46. I want my husband to stay healthy, so even though he's fit, I want him to keep up the workouts and eating healthy so that he stays healthy.

2: You're only going to fail if you don't try!!! I've heard AWESOME things about cross fit classes. Suck it up, get over your fear, and try it! (now I sound like Sarge...:lol:)

3: I am a control freak, but my husband is constantly telling me I can't solve anyone else's problems but my own. Like Linalin said - she offered to pay for her mom's membership and drive her there and she said no. I have friends that could be healthier, and it's working for me and I'm jazzed about it, so why don't they want to come to the gym with me?! For whatever reason, they don't. I can't make them, so why waste the energy trying? You can invite them, and if they don't take you up on it, just let it go. In six months when you're fit and trim, they'll be wishing they had listened to you ;)

Anyway, still have this crazy crazy energy, so I'm going to take advantage of it before it disappears. Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

JayTee
05-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Celrae, Linalin & Pokey-- Ya see why an active thread like this one is so enjoyable. You can always find someone here who is experiencing the same joy or frustration.

Weight loss is such a solo journey. Remember, only 12% of people who say they are going to get fit and lose weight actually do so each year. You can see it in most of these threads too. People jump in all motivated and by week two or three participation falls off dramatically. You'll see it in the Biggest Loser competition thread over the summer too. We started in January with probably 30 people on each team and by the end we had six or seven.

To fight and win this weight loss battle you need to take one day at a time. If you have support around you for a few of those days, enjoy it while you can...most days it's just put in the ear plugs and put in the work with laser focus on the goal...a healthier, happier you!

And what's with this fear of failure?!?!?! Don't sabotage your efforts before you even try something!!! And IF you're gonna fail, do it in a SPECTACULAR BLAZE OF GLORY EPIC FAIL sort of way...much like Sarge's attempts to do jumping jacks at a tennis lesson recently, or Pokey spaz dancing into the pool fully clothed. Life is much to short to worry about the little sh**.

Sarge done with round 1 of Turbo Tuesday...1,030 glorious goblets of gelatinous goo gone so far...

patchworkpenguin
05-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Bread dough is rising, laundry is started, Dad came over for lunch, and Hubby is home early! I did 30min of kettlebells and 50 min of yoga this morning.

peanutt
05-10-2011, 01:18 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again - anyone who has the word FAIL or FAILURE even cross their mind, stop and read the quote I have in my signature. I don't think I'll ever remove it because I think we all need the constant reminder.

Fear of failure has held me back from so much in my life - from experiences that I may never have the opportunity to experience again. Comparing myself to others has held me back and messed with my head for too many years. We don't live our lives for anyone other than ourselves and ultimately we're the ones that have to be happy with ourselves for the long haul. While I still gain so much motivation and inspiration from my fitter, healthier husband, I am doing everything I do for myself. Finding ways to make myself happier and healthier ultimately makes me a stronger partner to him.

It's so important to keep this in mind when dealing with the challenges of friends or family members living an unhealthy lifestyle and wanting to help them. There is no way that even the most gifted motivator can force someone up off the couch and KEEP them up off the couch if that person hasn't decided that's what they want for themselves. I've had to bite my tongue so many times when friends or co-workers complain that their latest fad diet hasn't worked or sigh longingly and wish they could lose weight too but just can't because of their laundry list of excuses. Nothing I say will ever change their minds. They need to look inside themselves and find the desire and motivation that I found deep inside under all that fat before they'll be able to change their lives.

Gosh, there I go all long-winded again. I wonder how many calories you burn talking and typing????

JayTee
05-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Hallelujah and Amen to all that Peanutt! And I believe the answer to your question is 42, it's the same answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything!

Resolute
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Another ugly day out, overcast, threatening to rain, windy and cold, oh well time to do my walk. :p

JayTee : LOL, i know, i know, i'm some kind of anomaly, an overly emotional man :( .... Uhhhh... someone help me be more uncaring and callous :mad:.

I just can't do it. :?:

Sigh... whatever :D ... :hug:

Pokey : I do believe men have an advantage, percent of body composition is more muscular, not sure on numbers but muscle does indeed burn more calories/fat, that said there are some women here who have done as well or better than me at losing in terms of time taken, whether they are just better at it or luckier i don't know, i do know i've given nearly everything i have to this so if someone out does me they are truly throwing everything they have into it.

peanutt : I am ashamed to admit my fear has had a negative affect on me as well, i work to remedy that every single day now.

celrae : You can't rely on anyone period, you wouldn't believe the excuses i've heard from people, like peanutt said, you have to look as deep in your heart as is possible, there is strength there, if you look hard enough you will find it, i have a habit of visuallizing my heart as a light, it started as a tiny spark nearly extinguished but now it burns strong and blinding, i feel as if i could just reach out and touch it i will gain great strength from it. I know it sounds dumb but it works for me. When i started at 400 Pounds i honestly gave myself an ultimatum, walk or just end it and i truly meant it, if i could not be bothered to fight for this i might as well just pack it in, far less painful than the torture i was enduring as being someone i myself hated.

I don't believe there is such a thing as failing, you either give up or succeed, i have done both in my life but never did i strive daily with steadfast determination and not see the realization of my desire, i will continue to try everyday for the rest of my life now, this is not about losing weight any longer but about living life the way i see possible.

lucyford
05-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Hey gang, just checking in. Got 120 minutes in at the gym today. My boyfriend is trying to convince me to go fishing with him tonight which is basically a 5 hour hike with stops along the way. Considering it but don't want to burn myself out as I need at least 90 mins in the gym tomorrow. (It's a class for school with weekly time requirements.) Might have to reschedule fishing for tomorrow or Thursday. My evening class is canceled tonight--what to do, what to do??!

celrae
05-10-2011, 06:21 PM
Thanks! That is exactly the kick in the A@@ I needed. I will reread your post because, I need to get over these unproductive thoughts. I was having a bad day yet, still on track for exercise and diet. Cheers:hug:

K3LL3Y
05-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Everyone
Supper excited here. I've finally got my ticker! That's all really. Just had to post because of that :)

JayTee
05-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey gang---just jumping on instead of pouring one! :(

Hey K3---look at that spanky, brand new siggy!

LucyF -- It really seems like you've turned a corner. All that time in the gym, 5hr. hikes, etc., etc.

Reso-- Sarge teaches special classes in uncaring and callous! Surprised? Not!

Cheshirecat
05-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Hey Platoon.
Nice pep talks going on around here!

I have to agree with what they are all saying.

This journey, this up hill battle to take back our bodies and health through sweat and tears, is personal. It's hard not to compare ourselves to others but you can't. It will just make you mad and envious that they are doing it faster or whatever.

Don't let fear hold you back either. I know I let it hold me back often, and not just fear of failure but fear of success (Ahh, added responsibilities!). I know I probably looked like a red faced lobster, huffing and puffing and looking ready to fall over when I got into exercising. And yeah I avoided being around people in my red faced, about to die stage----but the great thing is you gain CONFIDENCE. And that is as sweet as weight loss. You'll be rocking those classes soon and not worrying over going.

As for friends joining you. That is a hard one. You have to choose to do this for yourself, make it your priority. I agree with Reso. It's you that has to do this. It's you, you have to rely on. I worked out with friends and I've forged my own path. While I had a blast being with my friends---it was only when I decided to take it seriously and decided how to do it that it all clicked and started to work. I couldn't let their excuses stop me from going that day. So now, my friends know I'll be out there and they are welcome to join...and they do but not regularly and that's ok. It's nice company when they are there but it's my journey not theirs.

Hmm...guess I felt the bug to type a bunch too.

Anyhoo--
I got in a nice hot walk. Then I visited the Sweatshop Fitness Challenge finally. I tried out the Krabby Patty---whew! That was a 'fun' warm up! I'll be back to try that again!
Then 30 minutes of whole body work out.

I got my sweat on.

lucyford
05-10-2011, 08:27 PM
LucyF -- It really seems like you've turned a corner. All that time in the gym, 5hr. hikes, etc., etc.

I'm trying to squeeze as much time out of free gym use as I can. Tomorrow is the last day of the semester so last day of the gym :( and I can't afford a membership anywhere right now :( :(
My plan is to replace gym time with river time. Either running or hikes. I am just starting to get on a roll with my weight loss, as I think my insulin resistance is finally starting to balance out. I need to keep this up though, with or without a gym facility!

bnhtla06
05-10-2011, 11:10 PM
I did it! I tried the 1st day of week 5 and I DID IT!! Still don't know if I can get through all of week 5, maybe I'll repeat 5-1 all week and then tackle the full thing next week.

Not to get all gushy or anything but...I'm SO glad I stumbled onto this thread. You guys are all so inspiring and motivating. All the marathons and 120 minute gym sessions and peptalks... I love it here.

peanutt
05-10-2011, 11:24 PM

Just quoting this for you, bnhtla. Just 24 hours ago you thought you couldn't do w5d1, yet today you completed it and you're feeling like a total rock star. You CAN do it....I know you can because you did it today!

linalin
05-11-2011, 07:22 AM
HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL! Half way through the week! :)

Popping in real quick to say hi and good morning! I have my very last personal training session this morning! I can't believe it went so fast! And now as of tomorrow I'm officially 100% on my own! Ahhhh! Hope I can do it! :)
I'll be back after the gym to do personals

Cheshirecat
05-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Happy Morning to you all!

It's going to be a great day!

Let's get it started in here!

Have a healthy day Platoon.

Resolute
05-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Morning everyone, :dizzy: the weeks sure do fly by, do what you gotta do to get where you wanna be. :)

Kendrab1223
05-11-2011, 08:20 AM
Hey everyone!
Sorry for being MIA the last few days! I've been lurking, just not posting. Needed to figure some stuff out in my head!

Reso- CONGRATS on the whoosh!!!!! That's awesome!

Bnh- rock on completing week 5 day 1!!! Isn't it amazing the things we can accomplish when we test our bodies?!

Lucy- that is a LOT of gym time! Even when pushing myself I can never seem to stay longer than just over an hour before I'm pooped! Wtg on that dedication!

I figured out the other day that my calorie intake was pretty low. I've made a few changes these past few days- started doing 30 min of pilates in the morning, eating breakfast (this has been hard as eating in the morning is somethig I've never done), and I've upped my calories by 400/day putting me at 1100 (I plan to keep upping, just gradually), and I'm making sure I add small snacks every few hours. Even with adding calories, I stepped on the scale this morning and apparently my body realized I'm actually going to feed it, and I'm down a pound from just yesterday! I think my binge the other day was my body telling me something- it was hungry even though I didn't feel hungry. I sincerely did not realize how low my cals were. I am now pledging to keep track of my calories in addition to losing weight every week! I'm glad I realized this now instead of after I did too much damage to my metabolism. How I was able to exercise 3 times a day while only eating 700 calories is beyond me!

I'm going food shopping today and hopefully when I get home my new exercise ball/DVD/and resistance bands will be here! I'm limited with some exercises due to my back issues and hoping this will help! I'm also going to see if it'll work as a replacement to my computer chair since I'm always in pain while sitting long periods of time doing school work!

I hope you all have a fantastic day!

JayTee
05-11-2011, 08:22 AM
HAPPY BUTT-er BURNING HUMP DAY TROOPS!!!!

Kendrab--Yikes! Your body was in starvation mode! A body will hold on to every ounce of liquid and every morsel of food to protect itself when in starvation mode. Glad you figured it out before other nasty stuff happened like hair starting to fall out, finger& toe nail loss, organ damage, etc.

Chesh--Krabby Patty, huh? Isn't that a great little exercise challenge site? That trainer would kill me.

Bnhtla -- Awww, love for the platoon! Just don't start hugging Sarge. :)
Have you signed up for a 5K yet?

Linalin -- When does the BF return. I want to see photos of the "man cave"... Also must say I am in awe of a woman who knows her way around power tools.

Reso -- You're right, the weeks sure do fly by! Also, your "...do what you gotta do to get where you wanna be..." got me thinking. We've had a bit of fear creep into the thread, fear of running in daylight because some jerk would shout insults, fear of staying on track without the help of others, fear of completing a c25K program or crossfit classes, and basically fear of the unknown.

So, I'm putting a new challenge out there. http://www.changingworld.com/catalog/images/ZA-DO5.jpg

I've been putting off a solo cross country drive to Wyoming because I've never done it on my own and I need to get out there to take care of a few things. I have this irrational fear that bad things will happen to a 55 year old woman driving cross country on her own. But today, I'm plotting my course, making my motel reservations, and convincing myself to JUST DO IT!

What fear will your confident new self tackle?!?!?!

Time to hit the gym!

Sarge

P.S. TO THE LURKERS OUT THERE, THIS COULD BE THE DAY YOU FACE YOUR FEAR AND PUSH THAT REPLY BUTTON TO JOIN THE PLATOON!

K3LL3Y
05-11-2011, 10:10 AM
Something every day that scares me. Wow what a great and liberating idea! I have a few things that I've been afraid to try and just about all of them are athletic.
When I woke up this morning it was raining and I was starting to think myself out of going for my run. (It's annoying to go out running when you wear glasses, you are less visible to drivers blah blah blah..)
But then I though imagine how great it will be for my allergies/breathing with no pollen in the air. Suck it up and just go!
I was totally right by the way, sure your vision get a little blurry but I could BREATH. It was great. Did the whole 2.5 under 30 min. Shaved about 5 min off my time from Monday :)
Weather excuses will never stop me again :carrot:
Next I will tackle hiking.

aally39995
05-11-2011, 10:38 AM
i wanna join

JayTee
05-11-2011, 11:50 AM
K3 -- WAY TO KICK A** on that run! Shaving 5 min... Booo-YAH!

AALY - Welcome, glad to have you join us! We speak "BUTT-er" in the platoon. 1 lb = 4 sticks of butter lost and if we could all lose those pounds in our butts we'd all be happy. Anyways, on Sundays just make a pledge to Sarge, how many pounds you WILL lose the following week and then get your butt in gear and DO IT!

Sarge done with round 1...off to errands but then back to Wild Wednesday Workout, part II.

MOVE IT PLATOON! I WANNA HEAR YOU SWEAT OVER THE INTERNET!

jojotheyoyo
05-11-2011, 11:51 AM
Hey gang---just jumping on instead of pouring one! :(

Hey K3---look at that spanky, brand new siggy!

Reso-- Sarge teaches special classes in uncaring and callous! Surprised? Not!

DO THE THING YOU FEAR TO DO AND THE DEATH OF FEAR IS CERTAIN!! I guess that about says it all. I was born scared and continued to worry about everything until I was about 45 yrs old. I had to step over the fear and take my chances. I have never looked back. What will people think? Who cares! I can apologize later.

When my exercise buddies started altering our plans because they needed to sleep in, I went solo. There are plenty of people to talk to at the gym... should I need company. But I concentrate better on my own.

It was a whole new world when I started changing my shape. It can only get better.:dizzy:

kneed2lose
05-11-2011, 12:30 PM
Sarge..You can do it!

WooooHoooo Challenge accepted!!!!

I noticed that one of my fears is going to the gym during peak hours because I know there are going to be a bajillion people there and Im afraid I might know someone or someone might think a certain way about me and the way i look. So lately i would try to go to the gym in the mornings when there are barely any people there....and if i couldnt make it to the gym in the morning...I would be to afraid to go in the evenings and completely miss a workout because of my fear. SOOOOOOO with that said....I am going to tackle my fear and go to the gym without caring what people have to think or say because I am making changes!!!

Wow..thanks for the challenge Sarge...it was definitely motivating!

Kendrab1223
05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Kneed- good for you! I think you're already a step above some people. In the past I used to be afraid to even go to the gym by myself!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM
So, I was gonna go back and do personals, but I saw aaaalll the posts from the last 24 hrs and went umm...thats not happening....LMFAOO

WTG everyone with good things!! (does that work ?:D)

my body is being bipolar again....so out of curiosity sake I did a few things today I probably shouldn't have :p

1. Tried on a size 20 skirt
2. jumped on the scale
3. measured my waist

Here are my results. The size 20 skirt fit :carrot: the scale was up 3.3 lbs and my waist has ballooned about 6 inches. Now seeing as it is SEVERELY unlikely my waist actually ballooned 6 inches in 4 days im gonna say that that is water weight. However, if I JUST fit in to a size 22 on sat and it was on the tighter side of fiting (not tight just on the tighter side of what looks and feels good) how can the size 20 fit perfectly when im supposedly 6" bigger in the same spot? o.0 I checked the material to see if there was more spandex in the 20 or something. Nope, the 22's actually have more spandex....

JayTee
05-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Dreamer -- Put away the scale and measuring tapes! Do it, right now! My philosophy on the whole clothes thing was that I would allow myself one clothes spree when I hit my halfway to goal mark and then again when I hit goal. To each his own, but I didn't want to try on clothes until I was FINISHED! It made me work harder to get there!

Kneed -- WAY TO GO! I want to hear how you liked the gym during "regular" hours.

Yoyo -- Like the fear quote you added...it made me push all the buttons today to make that cross country trek on my own. Of course I'll have the platoon to keep me company in the hotel room at night!

Kendrab -- How does it feel to be eating today???

Sarge done for day...1,200 calories of butt-er kicked to the curb. Time to open the mess hall and ignore the Gods of Grapes who continue to call my name.

VickieLou
05-11-2011, 06:50 PM
I ended up gaining again for this last Sunday's challenge. My Goal for week of 5/8 - 5/15 is not to gain weight. My SW: 226.6 since I didn't weigh in since last 5/4 at 222. I have exercised twice but had a bad weekend. I had a funeral My Aunt's, my husband's birthday, put in an offer on a house, two Mother's day celebrations, got offer on house accepted and neck bothering me so not able to work out a few days. I have been off program since 4/22. I don't want to gain any more weight. I need a :kickbutt:.

JayTee
05-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Sorry VickieL -- Sarge couldn't hear you over all those EXCUSES! Take two of these and get back to Sarge when you get your head screwed on straight!

http://media.funlol.com/pictures/1558.gif

Kendrab1223
05-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Sarge-
I'm finding it hard to actually get my calories in. I'm doing it, but I have that icky "way too full" feeling. That's how they ended up so low... I'd make my food and be full half way through but in my mind I was eating the full calories of the meal I prepared. Just by adding breakfast and snacks I'm at 1100 (I used to eat snacks but once again... Wasn't hungry so I wasn't eating then). Today when I went shopping, I got the regular non low cal versions of the foods I'd usually get that are low fat/low cal/fat free/etc so we'll see how it works out. Stepped on the scale a little bit ago and I'm lower than I was this morning which NEVER happens at night. Amazing what food can do haha (don't get me wrong, this hasn't been the way I've lost all my weight and it was very very unintentional).

By the way- I'm allowed to have a signature now!!! Yay!

Cheshirecat
05-11-2011, 08:08 PM
Checking in.
Run accomplished (plenty of sweat) and stretched out. Plus I did the dishes. Yay!

Kendra-Glad you figured out the food/calorie situation! I had my surprised face on that you have been managing on such a small amount of fuel!

Sarge-It is a fun little site. Definitely butt-er kicking!!
I like the challenge. I'm going to have to think about what I can do. What I have been hiding from. Good luck with your cross country trip! I've done a few trips by myself--as long as you are prepared they can be good!

K3-Way to trample the fear and be bad a** in the rain! That's being a runner.

Aally-Welcome, welcome! Now tell us how you are going to melt that butt-er!

Kneed-That's right, you get into that gym, whenever you want.

VickieLou-Get it together! That was a string of excuses! You have been butt-kicked by Sarge. Now get going. Right now!

bnhtla06
05-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Just quoting this for you, bnhtla. Just 24 hours ago you thought you couldn't do w5d1, yet today you completed it and you're feeling like a total rock star. You CAN do it....I know you can because you did it today!

You were right. :o Next time, I won't doubt myself, I'll just try harder. Thanks for the support.

Kendrab1223
05-11-2011, 08:23 PM
Cheshire- me too! All that exercising, plus house chores, plus taking care of two kids on 700 cals a day. I don't get it! Hubby said I had been getting irritable though lol

Two super cool "goals"- way back in the beginning I bought a pair of old navy size 6 (old navy vanity sizes like crazy) capris that hardly went over my knees when I first tried them on- they official button and zip with no muffin top!!!!!! I was going through some clothes and found an itty bitty pair of "daisy duke" shorts. Once again they only go about half way up my thighs and I almost tossed them in the donate pile thinking "ya right" but... I'm keeping those suckers! Anythings possible and those old navy capris proved that today!

Another thing- my ring went mia temporarily today. It's been getting loose but I've continued wearing it. Well, it went flying off today lol. I'm trying to decide if I should get it resized now or wait till I'm done losing weight. My finger feels naked without it but I'm so excited it needs to be resized lol

Just two little things that totally made my day :)

lucyford
05-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Just checking in for the day. Got 90 mins in at the gym, and 2 hours at the river. Not all of those two hours were hiking though. I played fetch with my dog, so he could swim, for about an hour. Haven't weighed myself to see if I've gained any but tonight I am pretty tired.
Today was my last day at the gym :( I hope I can keep this up!

bnhtla06
05-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Bnhtla -- Awww, love for the platoon! Just don't start hugging Sarge. :)
Have you signed up for a 5K yet?

Sorry for the emotional outburst, Sarge. I was hopped up adrenaline or endorphines or whatever hops one up after massively rewarding exercise. Don't worry about the hugging. I did have the urge, but after seeing the butt-kicking earlier today I think I'll keep a respectful distance ;).

Signing up for a 5k is actually one of those things I fear. I looked one up on-line that's coming up in Sept in my hometown. I've never run in public before so that's pretty scary for me. My poor dog has never seen our neighborhood during the daylight-I always walk him under cover of darkness. Gonna have to get over that before I do a 5k.

celrae
05-11-2011, 10:02 PM
As part of my introduction to crossfit I will be doing 50 ball slams and 50 air squats this week. I will add 10 reps each week until I get to 80. I also want to run up this hill in my neighborhood 10 times with 10 pound weights.

Fear list: This is a very important part to owning my success. I need more time to consider what really needs to be worked on.

Kendra- I enjoy having you be an active part of this thread. thanks for being honest with us.

JayTee
05-11-2011, 10:18 PM
Interesting can of worms this whole "fear" thing opened and it's amazing that so many are willing to conquer!

Celrae -- Your hill w/10lb weights sounds like an awesome challenge!

Bnh-- Sign up for that 5K! It'll be great motivation for you to expose YOU and your dog to new friends in new neighborhoods! "...running under cover of darkness..." PSHAW! We'll have none of that!

Kendrab--Get that ring sized. Peanutt lost hers and didn't find it until the snow melted in her driveway in Canada!

MadamB & Pokey--Silent today????

Sober/Day 3

peanutt
05-11-2011, 11:13 PM
Kendra! Get that ring re-sized or get a temporary band to wear until you're at goal. I did in fact lose my ring for a couple of weeks this winter. I now have a silver band that I bought on Etsy to wear until I'm at goal.

jojotheyoyo
05-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Interesting can of worms this whole "fear" thing opened and it's amazing that so many are willing to conquer!

Celrae -- Your hill w/10lb weights sounds like an awesome challenge!

Bnh-- Sign up for that 5K! It'll be great motivation for you to expose YOU and your dog to new friends in new neighborhoods! "...running under cover of darkness..." PSHAW! We'll have none of that!

Kendrab--Get that ring sized. Peanutt lost hers and didn't find it until the snow melted in her driveway in Canada!

MadamB & Pokey--Silent today????

Sober/Day 3

Sent you a little note with everything I know on travel.

pokeycactus
05-12-2011, 01:15 AM
Here! My daddy is coming into town tomorrow to visit us for a few days, so I've been busting my BUTT-er to get the house clean, projects done for work, and meals planned and prepared for. On Saturday, all of my family that lives near by will be coming over to visit with my daddy as well - I'll be feeding 17 people altogether. Whoa!

I made sure to still get to the gym today, and will be getting up early the next few days to get my workout in.

Miss you all! Have a great Thursday!!!!!!

chickadee32
05-12-2011, 01:27 AM
Kendra, I've been having the same thoughts on my rings (wedding and engagement). Though my weight is slightly lower now than it was when I got engaged, it's only by a few pounds, yet my rings are getting really loose. I'm afraid they're going to fall off. I think I might wear them on my right hand for a while (fingers are a little bigger on my right hand) and then eventually just take them off and wait until I'm at goal to get them resized. My husband DID lose his wedding band last summer - we were on vacation and he was throwing stones into the ocean, and his ring went flying off his hand. We have yet to get him a new one, lol, so we might both be ringless for a while.

I have been sick with a cold and have had really bad cramps the past two days, and tonight got a little nervous when my heart rate went pretty low (below 50) when the cramp pain was at it's worst. Thankfully I was already sitting down because of the pain. But, I waited until the Advil kicked in, and when I felt better again I went to the gym, and my treadmill workout went fine. Got up to 10% incline tonight at 3.6 mph (walking). Food has been on track as usual, but I'm low on my calories again today and need to get them up a bit before bed. I just haven't felt much like eating. Weight is all over the map (to be expected with TOM), but yesterday I was down to 224.0 and so reached my 20% loss goal. :)

Sorry for not doing personals, but it's already late and I have laundry, food tracking, lunches, and work to do before bed tonight, and tomorrow is an early morning for me. Hope everyone is doing well this week. :)

Cheshirecat
05-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Happy Morning to All!
Thursday! Getting so close to the end of school for me. I can count in on my hands!

Anyhoo...
Have a great exercise a day all.

Kendra-Maybe you can see if you can find some of those plastic ring adjusters. The ones that clip or slide on to the back of rings to make them more snug until you are ready to resize it.

Cal-Squats, yay. Have fun with those. I'm still feeling the ones I did Tuesday. LOL

Okay, I have to go get lunch ready and then work.

JayTee
05-12-2011, 07:48 AM
Morning all! Tons to do today including a must attend dinner/cocktail function. That whole no drinking for the week pledge is gonna be interesting.

MAKE TODAY COUNT PLATOON...MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT!

Resolute
05-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Morning again, another day to make the best of it.

Wasn't the greatest day yesterday cal wise, will work to right that wrong today, at least it was and is sunny.

Chickadee : My heart rate drops below 50 all the time when i'm just sitting, i've seen it as low as 43 BPM, when i was in the hospital they didn't seem overly concerned as long as i felt fine (wasn't nauseous or weak), probably a direct result of all the exercise i do daily, the better the shape you are in the more efficient it will work.

lucyford
05-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Morning all....I'm kind of irritated this morning. I stepped on the scale and it's up four pounds WTF? I'm HOPING it's from all the exercise...I'm not terribly sore but I've done two hours of strength training in the last two days in addition to a few hours of cardio. I'm going to take it easy today...eat on plan, clean the house and walk the dog but nothing intense. I guess I feel like I'm holding on to a bit of water because my ring is feeling a little tight on my finger.
Annnnyway...not giving up!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!

JayTee
05-12-2011, 02:09 PM
LucyF -- That's the spirit...NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE IN!!!!!

Not much chatter here today. Sarge will have to get creative again to keep morale up!

39 DAYS TIL SUMMER PLATOON. GET YOUR BOD READY!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-12-2011, 06:37 PM
i hear you lucy, im having the same prob.

Just a quick check in all ;) huggs ya keep up the awesome work ev1

K3LL3Y
05-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Hi Everyone, I was a bit quiet today because I had a job interview this morning and was away from the computer. Got my walk in when I got home and the basic house work running around. I hope everyone is having as lovely a weather day as I am.
Cheers all :)

MadamButterfly
05-12-2011, 07:35 PM
GOOD AFTERNOON TROOPS

Yea SARGE, I was AWOL yesterday, worked days and then when I got home the "PARTY" had already started . . . My roomies B-day is today and he had some of his buddies over last night, lots of cerveza, tequilla and pizza. Yes I had one shot of tequilla and a piece of pizza BUT I didn't eat any cake :D Will see if I can't work it into my meals tomorrow or Saturday as it's Tres leches cake (mexican cake soaked in 3 milks, then covered with whipped cream and topped with peaches & strawberries) OH SOOOOO GOOOD!!!

WOW, LOTS of chatter yesterday . . . people facing fear in the face . . . I don't know what I fear as usually when something comes up that scares me then I just go at it FULL FORCE . . . I mean what's the worse that can happen . . .

ANYWAY: C25K, Week 4, Day 2 done . . . it didn't feel that hard :carrot: So, I decided to measure how far I'm walking/jogging . . . so when I was done I hopped on the bike and followed the road where I ran and I'm up to 2.2 miles . . . I have no idea if that's good or not, but I think I'm happy with it . . .

OK, off to eat some supper . . . I'm hungry

TOMORROW WE START LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS . . . LET'S MAKE IT COUNT!!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD NIGHT

Resolute
05-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Another day just about wrapped, worked, walked, getting ready to have some evening grub.

Scale dropped another pound today (218) , oh so happy that my efforts are being rewarded once again, funny thing is i'm not even really trying hard right now. :dizzy: Weather was very nice again today besides the wind i guess. Bike lock quit working so had to drive to work today, have to go see about a new one now.

Not much new, still living my life the way i need to, hope everyone is happy with their personal efforts, spend the least time agonizing over whether or not to do something needed, decide to do it and then just simply make it happen.

Facing my biggest current fear is going to be monumental, i don't know when but sometime very soon i will, if i fail i don't know what will happen, thats probably the worst part.

Love you all, keep digging away... step by step, day by day, we can and will climb mountains. :hug:

celrae
05-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Resolute said "make it happen and live your life the way you need to"!

I challenged my self with a crossfit type workout tonight. It was hot tonight and I kept a good pace, feels nice.:D
5 rep of 10 Air Squats
65 min walking
10 reps of walking up steep hill (took 10 min)
10 reps of church stairs
Total = 80 min workout

bnhtla06
05-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Reso: congrats on the lb loss! Must feel wonderful to get the scale moving again. Those plateaus (did I spell that right) are so frustrating.

Butterfly: You're doing great! I always finish my workouts at 2 miles, and I always feel like I've been working hard. That's awesome if it's feeling easy for you.

I just finished week 5-2. Officially running more minutes than I'm walking! And I got my first compliment at work...well sort of. I told a couple friends at work that I'm considering cutting my hair short and asked their opinions. One of them said, "Oh don't! Your face is looking thinner now that your hair is longer." So part of me is jumping for joy that someone finally noticed...and the other part of me was thinking, "Really? I've been working my a$# off and my hair gets the credit?!" How can 40 lbs be that subtle? How much did you all lose before people started noticing?

Cheshirecat
05-12-2011, 09:17 PM
Just checking in for the night.
I did a 40 minute walk with my co-worker.
Then I was so hungry so I ate a snack. (Honey Nut Cheerios. I seriously love cereal--any kind, I could eat it all the time) Read a little to digest it. Then got back on it and just finished 40 minutes of a whole body work out.

Yay for sweat!!

Lucy-Good attitude. Just keep going. We all know those scales like to make life hard some days. Just keep going and it will work!

MadamB- 2.2 miles is awesome!! And I so hear you on the Tres Leche Cake. Definite yum. Way to go having control over yourself with just partaking a little sample of the festivities.

Reso-That's so great the scale is agreeing with your step back. Whoo.

Celrea-Nice challenge for yourself!!

I just signed up for my next round of races. I stuck with another couple of 1/2 marathons in the Fall time.
One has the slogan: Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead. HA...how could I not want a shirt that says that!

Misstiff
05-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Sorry I have been terribly busy with work these days, they are trying to kill me before my vacation. I have been squeezing in excerise 30mins at least everyday jumped on the scales for a weigh in and down 2 lbs. YIPPIE

kneed2lose
05-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Just finished week 2/day 2 of C25k...I gotta say...i am having a hard time!! Im not a runner at all, and this is kickin my butt! I walk at 3.0, and for the jogging part i start at 5.0 and try to gradually increase every interval. I was able to run at an 8.0 for about a min. today! Maybe thats why its becoming so hard for me. Mad props to those who are on their C25k journey!

Reso: Congrats on the Lb loss! And you wont fail....you have all of us here to push you through it!

MadamB: I think Tres Leche cake is one of my many forms of kryptonite!

Lucy: Great attitude!!

chickadee32
05-13-2011, 02:01 AM
Grrrrrrrrrr, I just typed out a bunch of personals, and then accidentally hit some combo of keys that took me back a page and I lost my post! That will teach me not to write so much, lol.

Well, I'm firmly back on the exercise wagon after being off last week while husband was in the hospital, and I have gone to the gym every day this week. Calories are fine as usual, but the scale is holding steady due to TOM. I'm hoping I see a drop before the end of the week, but who knows... it will happen when it happens. I may make Saturday my weigh-in day for this week, as I have dinner out on Saturday night and it will be the first meal since January where I won't be calorie counting. My advisor is taking myself and his two other PhD students to CityZen, one of the best restaurants in DC. I couldn't estimate the calories if I wanted to, but I don't want to anyway. The chef is a James Beard award winner, and it's the kind of meal that should be enjoyed - so enjoy it I will. :) I am going to eat low on my calories though tomorrow and during the day on Saturday to try to mitigate some of the damage, and I definitely plan to work out the next three days.

Cheshire: Glad the end of the school year is nearing! Do you have any big plans for the summer?

Sarge: Yikes, hope the cocktail party went ok!

K3LL3Y: I hope the interview went well for you!

lucyford: Definitely water weight! I am glad you are taking it easy but still being active... that's the best way to get it off, in my experience.

MadamB: NICE JOB resisting the cake last night! I love that cake too, and probably would have caved and had a bite, lol. Good idea to plan so that you can fit it in on another day this weekend. :)

Resolute: Congratulations on seeing another pound drop! I am really glad you are letting your body heal up a bit. :) And whatever the fear is, facing it and getting past it, one way or another, will be better than holding on to the fear. I know it's easier said than done though. :hug:

celrae: Nice workout today!

bnhtla: I'd go with the jumping for joy part. :) I am down 56 lbs, and no one who doesn't already know I'm losing weight has noticed (or at least, no one has said anything). That's ok though - it just means that when we get to our goal, the difference between before and after will be huge. :)

Misstiff: Yay on the loss!!

kneed: Great job getting through day 2! That kind of speed is definitely going to make it tougher... maybe slow it down a bit until it feels more comfortable to increase the pace again?

Hope everyone has a great Friday. :)

Kendrab1223
05-13-2011, 05:50 AM
omgomgomg!!! I did it! I am into the 140's/NORMAL BMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am on top of the world right now!! Today makes 65.5 pounds lost since I had my daughter (she turns 10 months on Sunday). I am on top of the world right now :) :) :) I honestly started crying when I stepped on the scale this morning! I just can't believe it!!

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/kendrab1223/normallllll-1.jpg

Sorry... I hope everyone has a great day today! I am off to do my weight loss Pilates, clean, bring my son to school and then my daughter and I are off to go buy me a new bathing suit as my goal present!!

Cheshirecat
05-13-2011, 07:21 AM
Friday is here. Happy Day!!

Congratulations Kendra! That is so awesome! Enjoy bathing suit shopping.

I think I am going to take a easy day. I'll do some yoga when I get home to stretch out. Give my muscles some time to patch themselves up.
Have a great day everyone.

K3LL3Y
05-13-2011, 07:51 AM
Wow Kendra Congratulations!
I love hearing about your success. It is such great motivation for me to see someone get so far. Have you done it all in 10 months! That's amazing.
Won't it be great to have fun bathing suit shopping :)

I was just going to check in this morning. I realized that I'm not really doing the c25k week 1. Since I don't have treadmill access I figured out a ~2.5mi loop in the neighborhood and based my run/walk on my playlist. I guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm getting out there and pushing myself to keep going. So I'll keep trying to run a song and then walk a song .
Tomorrow my husband and I are going to go on a hike. Probably more of a trail walk but it will be fun.
Have a Happy Friday everyone.

Resolute
05-13-2011, 07:59 AM
Good morning everyone.

Way to go Kendra, i can understand how exciting it is to lose that moniker, getting close myself. Enjoy your shopping. :D

Thanks for your motivation ladies, have no fear in me about quiting my lifestyle though, glad to see everyone is chipping away at it.

Take care and work hard. :)

JayTee
05-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Morning Platoon!

Time for Sarge to confess. Made it past all the appetizers last night. Win! Unfortunately did not make it past the open bar where quality champagne was being served... SO, tonight Sarge will have to be alcohol free to make up for last night.

Kendra--Nicely done!!!!! Someone actually looking forward to bathing suit shopping does not happen often!

Chesh--Glutton for more 1/2 marathon punishment?!?!? :) Actually, have you noticed a decrease in the number of 10Ks by you. We've been looking for another one to keep my new little running family on track and most of the road races are 5Ks around here.

Reso--I can't wait to hear about the day you face your "monumental" fear. Shall be interesting.

K3--Doesn't matter if you're following a regimented C25K program. Just off the couch and running from fire hydrant to fire hydrant and lamp post to lamp post is how I finished a 10K a few weeks ago. If you can already run thru a full song, you're doing GREAT!

MadamB--Holy party! I could just imagine you coming home from a long day at work walking into a party in full progress!

Chickadee--Agree, when presented an op to dine with a James Beard Chef, calorie counting is saved for another day!

Misstiff--YAY on that 2lb loss!!!!!

Off to the gym troops...Sarge not really feeling it, but is going anyway!

MadamButterfly
05-13-2011, 10:22 AM
GOOD MORNING ALL

It's Friday and LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS BEGIN TODAY!!! Already been for a 10K bike ride . . . it's cold here AGAIN!! REALLY OMG is it EVER going to be warm????? Oh well, I can always put on a couple of bunny hugs :D

Kendra: :dance: :dance: That's soooooo wonderful!!! and bathing suit shopping :woohoo:

K3: I don't have a treadmill either, I just run the time! e.g. run 60 sec, walk 90 sec (Week 1), then on the first day and yesterday I rode my bike (it has an odometer) to see how far I went . . . but like SARGE said . . . as long as you're out there doing it. How did the interview go????

Chickadee: WOW, soooooooo jealous!! Would love to eat in a James Beard restaurant . . . ENJOY!!!! as I am sure you will

Cheshire: WOW, another 1/2 marathon and not just one A COUPLE!!! . . . SO IMPRESSED AND INSPIRED . . . of course I think I'm doing good to run for 5 min . . . LOLOLOLOL

Misstiff: WOOHOO!!! down 2 lbs and squeezing in that exercise !!!

celrae: GREAT WORKOUT!!! Uphill, church stairs . . .

Lucyf & dreamer: hang in there, do the work and it WILL HAPPEN!!

Kneed: I'm not a runner either, at least I don't think I am, but maybe :dizzy: GREAT JOB getting through Day 2 . . . I think the first week is the hardest

bnhtla: Week 5 for me next week . . . :yikes: I completely understand about the hair thing, yesterday someone said: Oh, I didn't even recognize you, did you cut your hair . . . UGH!!!!!

RAINBOW: ARE YOU STILL THERE???? WE MISS YOU!!!! STOP BY FOR A VISIT WHEN YOU HAVE TIME :D

SARGE: WTG on passing on the appetizers, as far as quality champagne . . . how can you say NO :D I did the same with the tequilla . . . but just one :D and I will be working that tres leches cake into the budget today!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT BUTT-ER MELTING DAY!!!

JayTee
05-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Like we've said before, you never come back from a workout saying "gee, I wish I hadn't done that."

Despite earlier grumblings, Sarge is happy he's done with his workout. For fun today, and curiosity, I weighed the heap of sweaty clothes once I peeled them off my body. 3.5 lbs of sweat shed on that stairmaster!

Like MadamB said...you can probably still fit in two or three last chance workouts before Sunday!

Kendrab1223
05-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Morning all....I'm kind of irritated this morning. I stepped on the scale and it's up four pounds WTF? I'm HOPING it's from all the exercise...I'm not terribly sore but I've done two hours of strength training in the last two days in addition to a few hours of cardio. I'm going to take it easy today...eat on plan, clean the house and walk the dog but nothing intense. I guess I feel like I'm holding on to a bit of water because my ring is feeling a little tight on my finger.
Annnnyway...not giving up!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!

You rock for not giving up! :) :)

Hi Everyone, I was a bit quiet today because I had a job interview this morning and was away from the computer. Got my walk in when I got home and the basic house work running around. I hope everyone is having as lovely a weather day as I am.
Cheers all :)

I hope your job interview went well!!

Another day just about wrapped, worked, walked, getting ready to have some evening grub.

Scale dropped another pound today (218) , oh so happy that my efforts are being rewarded once again, funny thing is i'm not even really trying hard right now. :dizzy: Weather was very nice again today besides the wind i guess. Bike lock quit working so had to drive to work today, have to go see about a new one now.

Not much new, still living my life the way i need to, hope everyone is happy with their personal efforts, spend the least time agonizing over whether or not to do something needed, decide to do it and then just simply make it happen.

Facing my biggest current fear is going to be monumental, i don't know when but sometime very soon i will, if i fail i don't know what will happen, thats probably the worst part.

Love you all, keep digging away... step by step, day by day, we can and will climb mountains. :hug:

Congrats on ANOTHER pound! woohoo!

Wow Kendra Congratulations!
I love hearing about your success. It is such great motivation for me to see someone get so far. Have you done it all in 10 months! That's amazing.
Won't it be great to have fun bathing suit shopping :)

I was just going to check in this morning. I realized that I'm not really doing the c25k week 1. Since I don't have treadmill access I figured out a ~2.5mi loop in the neighborhood and based my run/walk on my playlist. I guess it doesn't matter as long as I'm getting out there and pushing myself to keep going. So I'll keep trying to run a song and then walk a song .
Tomorrow my husband and I are going to go on a hike. Probably more of a trail walk but it will be fun.
Have a Happy Friday everyone.

aww thanks K3! Sometimes I feel like such a roller coaster on here lol. One minute I'm mad and binging, the next I'm all "woohoo go me!" I swear, I'm only bipolar when I'm trying to lose weight! haha
As far as c25k... I usually just time myself with my ipod while listening to music. Even if you aren't following it exactly you have a great look on it- you're getting out there and doing it!!

Morning Platoon!

Kendra--Nicely done!!!!! Someone actually looking forward to bathing suit shopping does not happen often!

I've never enjoyed bathing suit shopping in my life- which is why one of the only bathing suits I had was my maternity one from last summer haha. Now though... I have 5 tankini tops and 3 bottoms (and a new pair of exercise bottoms!!!!!)!! I hit a major clearance at Target and got 3 tops that fit me now, 1 bottom that fits now (need more of these lol) and the exercise bottoms fit. I decided since they were so cheap that I was splurging and now have goal bathing suits as well! They fit, but not well enough that i'd wear them in public (hello size smalllllllls) so I have to change that! I WILL wear them and hopefully maybe even this year!!

I hope everyone is having a fantastic day! I just finished my shred so it's time for some homework (even though I have way too much energy to just sit here!).

tmil206
05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi everyone, I would like to see if I could join this group starting on Sunday? It looks like a good group of positive individuals. I just had my second little one 8 weeks agoi and it is definitely time to get in shape. Fitting in exercise is going to be a challenge but I am up for it. I'm going to try to work out at lunch during work and fit in a couple of nigts at home on the treadmill and Wii. I just ordered a couple new wii fitness games that should be here on Tuesday. I'm also going to start the couch to 5k program and would like to sign up for a 5k.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone and hearing any tricks and tips of what is working for you.
Tori

JayTee
05-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Welcome Tmil! Glad to have you join us! We're pretty a much move it and lose it kind of group. By Sunday let Sarge know how much you WILL lose the following week and then JUST DO IT! NO EXCUSES! We've got a bunch of c25K-ers in here. For some, it's a breeze, for others we're around to keep 'em going even when it's really, really hard. I think some of the platoon is doing weight watchers but most of us just seem to be calorie counting and getting our sweat on!

I'm also going to suggest again for newcomers and lurkers out there that you investigate and/or also sign up for The Biggest Loser Summer Challenge (register by 5/22) at this link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/232737-summer-2011-biggest-loser-challenge-sign-up.html Sarge tends to be kick-a** and if you're looking for warm, cuddly support the Biggest Loser Challenge is great.

Kendra -- Woooo Hooooo!! Target NSV's!!!! You've totally ROCKED this weight loss thing! Also, look at that new avatar photo! Sweet!

MadamB--You know, we had really nice warm weather here until you sent that cold front down from Wisconsin. Better to run in I suppose, but I'm with you...enough already!

Kendrab1223
05-13-2011, 03:44 PM
I see it posted all the time, and keep forgetting to ask what it means so... What the heck does nsv mean?!? :) thanks!

Thanks for the compliment on the avatar pic! I took it this morning for my mini goal post :)

JayTee
05-13-2011, 03:47 PM
NSV = Non Scale Victory! :)

JayTee
05-13-2011, 03:54 PM
With the weekend upon us and as we rev up those last chance workouts, here's what we're fighting for!

Pledges 5/8-5/15

Sarge = 1 (& 5 Day Booze free)/ (-2)
Cheshire = 1
Kendrab = 2
Celrae = 2
Reso = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Bnhtla = 2
Peanutt = 1 ///(-2)
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2
fatarnp = 1.5
LucyF = Maintain
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Misstiff = 2
K3= 1.5
Kneed = 3
Deanna = 2
Yoyo = maintain & still working on that 1 inch

Trolsk = 1

Total platoon goal = 30 lbs.

PLEDGES Week 5/15-5/22

Sarge = 1
VickieL= 2 (OR ELSE!)

Newbies
aally =
tmil = 2

Long & Short Term goals:

Peanutt -- 5K / May 29th
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

(Warrior Dash is a 3+mile mud crawling, fire leaping, extreme run from he**)

Signed up for next BL Summer Challenge/Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, TMil

K3LL3Y
05-13-2011, 04:45 PM
Hey All, Just wanted to let you know my interview went great yesterday. Just got the official job offer. I guess I won't be unemployed for much longer :)
I have very much enjoyed my week off and have really been able to up my activity. I look forward to the Sunday weigh in this week. With that stress off my back I'm feeling so much better. And it's Friday so I could actually have a glass of wine! Awesome :)

tmil206
05-13-2011, 04:58 PM
Thanx for the info I just signed up for the biggest loser challenge as well. My goal for the first week will be to lose 2 lbs. Do we normally PM you with the goal each week?

JayTee
05-13-2011, 05:03 PM
Tmil-- Just put your pledge in a post, just like you did here. I'll put you down for 2lbs. next week. Enjoy those little ones of yours!

K3--CONGRATS on that job and enjoy your libations this evening. Sarge has to go one more drink free nite to make his 5 nites sober this week. :(

Resolute
05-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey All, Just wanted to let you know my interview went great yesterday. Just got the official job offer. I guess I won't be unemployed for much longer :)
I have very much enjoyed my week off and have really been able to up my activity. I look forward to the Sunday weigh in this week. With that stress off my back I'm feeling so much better. And it's Friday so I could actually have a glass of wine! Awesome :)

Good for you, shows just how powerful positive thought can be. :) Enjoy your wine.

Another nice day out today, work was a little short not that i cared (it is friday), looking forward to relaxing a little this weekend, already hit over my pledge this week vs the awful struggle the last few weeks, feeling pretty good overall, still struggle mentally (sigh - probably always will ) but not too bad, lacing up for a nice energized walk.

JayTee : I thought about weighing my bunnyhug the other day, i had to wear my rain jacket over top of it and it keeps out any and all air, was crazy heavy with sweat (LOL) i'm sure it weighed a few pounds, i know thats nuts, seems kind of pointless as well seeing as how it actually promoted me being wet vs staving off any moisture. :dizzy:

LOL, i'm back from my walk and i guess i forgot to hit send, just weighed in for the day and i'm down 2 more pounds, OMG, happy happy joy joy. :DThis brings me to 5 or 6 this week, i am ecstatic now. :p

JayTee
05-13-2011, 07:25 PM
RESO---OMG!!! Happy, happy, joy, joy is right! Seriously, you're just a few pounds away from ONE-derland. Can you believe it!?!?!?

Btw, for those of you who enjoyed that pork tenderloin recipe here's another one Sarge has enjoyed: Lemon-lime tilapia http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/lemon-lime-tilapia-10000001569037/

Kendrab1223
05-13-2011, 07:32 PM
Welcome tmil!!!

K3- wooohooo! Congrats on the job!

Reso- you are a pound shredding machine this week! You rock! Yay!!!!!! See... Plateaus- as much as they suck- can be a good thing! They're a test of or determination to keep going, figure out a way to change things, and not give up before finally letting go of those pesky pounds!

While on my walk today a neighbor of mine told me I was looking great and have made major noticable changes in just a few weeks! It gave me the motivation to walk an extra mile! Then I came home and tried on a size small holister shirt that looked terrible a few weeks ago and it fits now (like able to wear it out of the house fits)!! Woohoo. I love Friday the 13th :) apparently it's my lucky day lol

K3LL3Y
05-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Congrats Reso! Sounds like you've had a great weight loss week. For every off week there is a good week to lift us back up again.
I decided against the wine. I've been getting a bit of a cough and I opted for a little medicine over the glass of wine. Just can't mix those, well you can but you end up pretty loopy. :)
I want to nip any cold in the butt before it turns into something that might slow me down.

SMSDREAMER2007
05-13-2011, 07:51 PM
wtg kendra!!!!!

k3- THATS THE SPIRIT!!!

the scale was back down today to the 280 it was on sun. Hoping to see 279 on sunday, we will see tho keep up the great work all!!!

peanutt
05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
This thread is so full of win right now!! This is awesome!

Kendrab1223
05-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Just wanted to come on and post this. For the last two hours I have been fighting myself on another binge (not sure what's up with me this week lol) and finally, the cravings are gone! I've NEVER made it through a "I want to go crazy with food" moment. never. I did it this time though! :)

I hope everyone gets some good rest tonight so that the last couple days of workouts are full force before weigh ins Sunday!

Resolute
05-13-2011, 10:48 PM
Just wanted to come on and post this. For the last two hours I have been fighting myself on another binge (not sure what's up with me this week lol) and finally, the cravings are gone! I've NEVER made it through a "I want to go crazy with food" moment. never. I did it this time though! :)

I hope everyone gets some good rest tonight so that the last couple days of workouts are full force before weigh ins Sunday!

You are pushing yourself awfully hard Kendra, i know from experience that you can only go so far even if you think you can push a little harder, you probably can but your body sometimes will rebel against it.

I honestly don't know how you keep your cals so low, i would be starving, i know i need more because of gender but i find if i cut to low hoping for more and more gains it will trigger mood swings including uncontrollable urges like bingeing. Maybe hae a salad or something else that is light and filling when you feel like eating.

OK, i bought a pair of jeans a little while back and decided i would try them on today, OMG, low and behold Jabba the freaking hut is wearing a pair of size 38 jeans, not to mention a smaller large sized shirt, first time in literally years since i have worn jeans, i am absolutely speechless right now.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/8996/1000946j.jpg

tmil206
05-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Reso, Wow, great job!

Kendra, Awesome job as well, I love when people notice the work. It is such great motivation to keep going.

Ok so today I started eating better, making healthy choices and writing everything down. Tomorrow I start working out. :)
Tori

Resolute
05-13-2011, 11:44 PM
Reso, Wow, great job!

Kendra, Awesome job as well, I love when people notice the work. It is such great motivation to keep going.

Ok so today I started eating better, making healthy choices and writing everything down. Tomorrow I start working out. :)
Tori

Awww, thankyou. :hug:

Nice to meet you Tori, my name is Daryl, believe it or not, i've lost 184 pounds and counting now by just walking for the most part, well and counting calories.

If you need any help or advice, i can share some of what has worked for me. Not that i'm anything special but i have somehow made it this far.

VickieLou
05-14-2011, 12:26 AM
Sarge Thanks for the :kickbutt: I sure needed it. 5/11 I mentioned for week of 5/8 - 5/15 to not gain weight. SW: 226.6. I plan on being more accountable on this board starting Monday. I have a busy weekend so won't know how much I will be on the board. I plan on going to the gym tomorrow for weights and cardio. My goal next week is to plan meals a day ahead of time. Not sure what doing this weekend yet. Let's Melt some Butt-er! My goal for 5/15 -5/22 will be to lose 2 LBS.

chickadee32
05-14-2011, 12:49 AM
Kendra: CONGRATULATIONS on the healthy BMI!! :carrot: I'm so thrilled for you! And so many happy things today... I hope you have enjoyed it thoroughly, as you definitely deserve it. :D

Sarge: Glad the workout went well today! I hope the alcohol-free night is going well... tomorrow you get to enjoy again. :)

Welcome tmil, and congratulations on the birth of your child! This is a great group, and I'm sure you'll find it helpful for motivation. :) Writing down everything I eat has worked really well for me as well.

K3LL3Y: YAY on the job offer!! That's fantastic, and phew - so nice to have that stress relieved! I hope it goes really well for you.

Resolute: Congratulations on the loss, AGAIN! I'm glad this week has been so much better for you. :) And you look SO thin - congrats on the jeans! What a great feeling that must be!

DREAMER: Glad the scale was back down for you! I hope it's just the start of more downward movement. :)

Vickie: Glad to see you back. :) Get the workout in tomorrow, and you'll feel better for it!

Scale was down 1.3 lbs today, yay! So that's 2.2 lbs since Sunday, and if that's all I get this week I'll be happy with it. :) Had a good but tiring workout tonight, 55 minutes on the treadmill and 576 calories burned. I'm at only 825 calories so far with food intake today, so hopefully I'm setting myself up well to not do too much damage at dinner tomorrow night... there will be lots of very good wine, and I plan to enjoy that part too, lol.

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

Kendrab1223
05-14-2011, 07:04 AM
Reso- you look so skinny and look fantastic! So awesome!!

As far as my cals/pushing too hard, my cals did dip pretty low for a little bit, but I've been fixing that all week. In just a week I brought them from a stupid low of 700ish up to 1200. I think I realized my "i want to binge" moods come from my hubby and son eating anything they want and me having to smell it/cook it for them/watch them devour it instead of joining them. I make my 5 year old eat relatively healthy, but my hubby just doesn't want to (which is why when we first got together he weighed 140 soaking wet, I weighed 210 and now he weighs 185 lol).

I think 1200ish cals are good for the exercise that I do but I still might try upping them more. I don't do crazy workouts. I do my weight loss pilates in the morning (I don't even think I sweat)- 24 min, either BL cardio max or 30 day shred in the afternoon- 25-30 min, and a walk after dinner (usually between 3-4 miles). This morning the scale dropped another pound which makes almost 5 this week and if it keeps dropping like that, I'll add in more cals (even though I'm having a hard time with 1200 already/love seeing the scale move in the right direction) so that the loss is a little slower. I'm trying to get it figured out lol :hug:

It's time for my pilates then to start my day. I have tons of math homework to do but I think I am going to try and convince my mom that we should go yard saling today :dizzy: hopefully she's already awake when I call her lol

Enjoy the day everyone!

MadamButterfly
05-14-2011, 07:37 AM
LAST CHANCE WORKOUTS TODAY!!!

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

IT'S NOW OR NEVER . . .

JUST GET UP AND DO IT!!!!

OK, just a quick fly by as I am off to work this AM, worked last night til 10, soooo I'm tired, BUT after work DAY 3 of C25K!!! WOOHOO, then Monday it's off to week 5!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT BUTT-ER MELTING DAY!!!!

JayTee
05-14-2011, 08:56 AM
GLAD TO SEE OUR WEEK O'WIN IS ENDING ON A HIGH NOTE HERE!

I think we're gonna see some great losses again tomorrow! Finish the day strong platoon!

Sarge

P.S. Reso--your greatest fear is trying on a pair of skinny jeans. Am I right?
Just kidding. Nice pic, and again, awesome job!

Resolute
05-14-2011, 10:17 AM
GLAD TO SEE OUR WEEK O'WIN IS ENDING ON A HIGH NOTE HERE!

I think we're gonna see some great losses again tomorrow! Finish the day strong platoon!

Sarge

P.S. Reso--your greatest fear is trying on a pair of skinny jeans. Am I right?
Just kidding. Nice pic, and again, awesome job!

LOL, no... :dizzy:

It's a wonderful looking day out today, going to the bank this morning to finalize my mortgage, the house will be mine and mine alone in a couple of hours. :D

Gonna maybe go for a nice long hike this afternoon through the hills at the lake with my mom, dressed up as best i can for right now, almost feel like a man again. :) It's been a long and lonely road, today alone was worth fighting for.

Have a nice day everyone, see ya later. :)

bnhtla06
05-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Congrats to everyone on the big wins this week!

It's my son's birthday today, so I'm not going to be able to get in my last treadmill workout this week. But I still have hopes for a decent result on the scales this week. I made his birthday cake last night with a big wad of gum in my mouth-did not even lick my fingers once! Today we're celebrating with 3 hours of laser-tag (3 teenagers with lots of Modern Warfare experience against me) which should burn a few calories. Then we'll finish up by going to an arena football game. If I can just stay away from the cake and concession stand, I'll be doing good. Wish me luck.

BTW: Reso-looking good in those jeans! Whootwhoo!

K3LL3Y
05-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Reso- You look great and congrats on the house! Enjoy your hike today I am going to do the same :)

Dreamer- I hope the scale will keep going down for you. I know you were having frustrations there last week.

I look forward to seeing how everyone did tomorrow. Enjoy your Saturdays everyone!

kneed2lose
05-14-2011, 01:44 PM
WOW....RESO!!!....You look absolutely FANTASTIC!!! That is so amazing! I bet it must feel amazing to see your hard work pay off =) Congrats to you! You're almost in Onederland!

Im so happy for everyones success this week!

Now, I dont mean to put a damper on the mood, but what do you guys do or tell yourselves when you work your butt off, and eat super healthy, and avoid eating chocolate when your stomach is growling at you...only to step on the scale and it either shows no loss or even a gain????

That has happened to me so many times, and when i see that, i start thinking " well im eating healthy, making sacrifices, but nothing changes " and after that i just want to eat whatver i want because i feel like it wont make a difference anyway. What do you guys think?? =/

Kendrab1223
05-14-2011, 03:22 PM
kneed- what I tell myself depends on two things... am I losing inches? am I doing a lot of strength training? If I'm losing inches, I'll admit, the scale will still bother me but I try and focus on the inches going away which is wayyyyyy more important! When I was going to the gym and using the weight machines or if I do a lot of 30 day shred in a row (and really push myself), I try and tell myself that it's due to the muscles tearing and retaining water temporarily.

If you need some motivation to keep going, reso reso reso!!! He was doing everyyyyything right and the scale was being a jerk. He backed off and is a weight losing machine now. The most important thing though... he stuck with it through that plateau and did not go back to his old ways!

Have you been doing the same exercise/eating the same things non stop? Maybe switch something up? It's worth a try!!

peanutt
05-14-2011, 03:29 PM
Reporting in a day early here - I was down 2 lbs this week (pledged 1 lb). I crossed that 75lbs lost milestone! And I ran 4.3km this afternoon at an average pace of 7:50/km (my goal pace right now is 8:00/km).

Reso - you look amazing! Congrats on the house!

Kneed - I tell myself to just record the number on the scale and keep going. I know that the lifestyle I'm living is a healthy one and I know that if I keep on working hard and sticking to my plan, the scale will move eventually. I can usually find some other progress to measure success with. Like Kendra said, inches lost or fitness progress. Or even just another week sticking to plan. I assure you - if you give into those desires to eat whatever, it will make the scale move....upwards. Keep doing what you're doing - you've been successful so far!

JayTee
05-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Peanutt--CONGRATS ON 75!

Kneed, I've copied an article I just read for you and any others who might be in the midst of frustrating scale adventures. Just stick with it and focus on the fact that you signed up for Warrior Dash. Seriously, can you believe you've signed up for something so totally awesome!

On Staying Motivated...
Do you find yourself getting very upset when you don’t see the number you want on your scale? Can a bad food day leave you feeling so frustrated or helpless that you wonder if this whole weight loss business is really worth all the effort it takes?

If so, you’re definitely not alone. But you may need a little attitude adjustment to take some of this drama out of your relationship with your scale and your food, before it does you in.

That was definitely the case for me, during my many weight loss failures and the yo-yo dieting years.

I know that an awful lot of the emotional eating I did can be traced back to this kind of drama. I’d do fine on all my diets, until the scale started being uncooperative--which, of course, it always did, and not just once in a while. Then I’d end up feeling extremely frustrated and hopeless, not only about losing weight but about almost everything. All because I gained a pound or didn’t lose as much as I expected. If you were looking for a classic example of the weight loss drama king, you definitely didn’t have to look any further than me.

So, what’s really going on here? How did the number on the scale become so important that it could literally determine my mood and how I felt about life?

Looking back now, I can see that I had developed a bad case of weight loss tunnel vision. This is what happens when you start thinking that losing weight is the key to everything that really matters to you.

I was counting on weight loss to solve lots of problems and produce many other benefits for me. Improving my health, looking more attractive, feeling better about myself and my body, being able to do more of the things I wanted to do, living longer, getting a good job, finding a good relationship--in my mind, all of these things depended on getting to my weight loss goal. And, of course, every little set back on the scale made me feel like everything that was important to me was slipping further away, and there wasn't much I could do about it.

Needless to say, it’s pretty hard to stay motivated when you’re dealing with that kind of pressure, stress and frustration. More importantly, focusing most of my attention on losing weight kept me from doing the things that actually could have helped me achieve the goals that really mattered the most to me.

During my more recent and successful weight loss effort, things were very different. I finally figured out that losing weight can’t do very much except make me weigh less. I realized that, by itself, losing weight wasn't going to make all my other problems go away, or make my other goals happen by themselves, without direct effort on my part.

Instead of waiting until I'd lost a lot of weight to start working on the other things I needed to work on, I started doing little things every day to help me build up my self-esteem and self-confidence. Instead of worrying about the scale, I focused on the improvements I was making in my mobility and fitness, and in my various health problems, thanks to the exercise and healthy eating I was doing. I challenged my self-consciousness and low self-esteem in lots of little ways every day, like going swimming at the gym, even though I still felt like Moby Dick in my swimming suit. I went back to school so I could start preparing myself for the kind of work that I felt like I really wanted to do, even though I was older than most of my professors.

It's really amazing how little things can add up to big changes in your mood, your attitude towards yourself, and your motivation--and take a lot of the pressure off your weight loss efforts at the same time, making that much easier, too. In fact, I'd say that finally losing the weight I wanted to lose was really more of a side effect of taking care of some other business I needed to deal with.

So, if you're having problems with your mood and your motivation when you have a bad weigh-in or a less than perfect food day, here's what I suggest.

First, create your own personal Vision Statement. This can include a verbal and/or pictorial expression of where you want to be in one (or two, or five) years, not only with your weight, but with all important aspects of your life. Your Vision Statement should include several specific long-term goals that will help you get where you want to be. And be sure to ask yourself whether you really need to see a lower number on the scale before you can start working on these goals.

Second, create some strategies, or short-term and intermediate goals, that will give you specific targets to aim for right now, and help you keep your weight loss efforts in the proper perspective. Start tracking your progress on these goals, as well as your weight loss.

Keep those progress reports rolling in troops!

Sarge

SMSDREAMER2007
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Just popping in have to go to a memorial today :\ put on my top this morning and even tho ive never really worn it, i find its actually a bit big :D Also, all my size 20's fit which is weird cause last week I could barely fit a 22.... this morning I officially made it to a new weight decade :D GOOODBYE 280'S!!! 279.8 this am. Normally I don't weigh every day but with the way my food intake went last week I did, I am glad I did too seeing that 279 was AWESOME! I also was able to put together a suitable outfit for the memorial that was black, but not too formal (normally my problem is being too formal because formal hides more flaws than casual) and I like how I look. Today is gonna be hard, but my many nsv's and my one sv will pull me through it I think. Knowing she would be proud of me.

MadamButterfly
05-14-2011, 09:39 PM
EVENING EVERYONE;

Tomorrow is weigh-ins and I have my fingers crossed. :crossed: I'm not holding the whoosh fairy hostage but I am trying to keep her VERY close to me :D

Reso: WOW and OMG . . . are the women following you around??? If I could whistle I would !!!! You have to be SOOOOOOOO PROUD OF YOU!! I hope!!! AND you paid off your house . . . I didn't know that happened anymore . . . :congrat: :balloons:

Peanut: Congrats on the 2 lbs . . . You are MELTIN' AWAY :D

bnhtla: Have FUN, FUN, FUN playing laser tag

TMIL: :welcome3: You're gonna have FUN!! and melt some BUTT-er too!!!

Dreamer: Hang tough through the memorial, tomorrow is a NEW DAY!!

Kneed: I SOOO understand your frustration, I've been hanging out at 160-162 for a MONTH now . . . but I'm hanging tough and forging ahead, knowing that sooner or later that scale has to give up the pounds

Kendra: GREAT NEW PIC, bathing suits, I don't know if I've ever owned more than 2 at a time . . . and you will have sooooo many combos :D

K3: New job, new BOD :woohoo:

VickieLou: Alright going for 2 lbs next week . . . you'd better be bustin' your BUTT-ER!!! :lol3:

SARGE: Did you make it through last night alcohol free????

Weigh-ins and new pledges tomorrow . . . enjoy tonight while you can :)

chickadee32
05-15-2011, 12:14 AM
Good evening, all! Hope you're having a great weekend. :) I was relatively good today and had only a 100 calorie iced latte before heading to dinner tonight, but I did not get in a workout as planned :nono:. I had to go shopping to find some pants to wear for dinner and to get a new bra (the ones I bought just, what, 6 weeks ago? are already too big around) and I just ran out of time in the day. The good news was - the pants I bought and wore to dinner were a size 16 :D. The bad news was - the particular bra style I like and have been wearing for years isn't made in the new cup size I need in my new band size. :( I bought the biggest cup size available in that style because I really needed a bra that wasn't riding up my back, but I am falling out of the cups and am frustrated about having to find a totally new bra. I swear, I feel like I am constantly shopping for clothes, and it feels like such a waste because most of it won't fit in another few months, yet I need clothes to get by for now.

Dinner tonight though was absolutely amazing, every little bite a pleasure, and I'm glad I enjoyed it as planned and without guilt... though the scale may not be so kind to me in the morning. Tomorrow it's back to chicken and salad. :)

Resolute: Congratulations on the house!! That must feel great. :D

bnhtla: That's a really good idea on the gum while baking, lol. I am going to try that next time! Hope your son's birthday celebration was enjoyable. :)

kneed: It happens to me a lot (my menstrual cycle is wacky, and it makes the scale behave weirdly), and what I tell myself is that I'm losing no matter what the scale says on any given day. And it's true. I KNOW that I've been on plan, and if I'm on plan then I am burning more calories than I am consuming and therefore I AM losing weight. It may take a while for the scale to reflect the loss, but eventually it WILL show up. It can be frustrating to see temporary stalls and gains on the scale, but it never makes me feel like my efforts aren't worthwhile or like I want to give up. I just anticipate the excitement I'll feel when I see the sudden drop when my body finally decides to let go of the water it's retaining... it's always fun to have that day when you get on the scale and it's down a bunch, and it always happens eventually. :)

peanutt: Congrats on the 2 lbs, and crossing over 75 lbs lost!! What a huge accomplishment! You seem so thin and so far along on this journey to me, and it's hard to believe that you ever weighed anything close to where I started. I am really thrilled for you. :)

DREAMER: Yay on the new decade AND fitting into smaller pants! I am glad you had some happy news today. :)

MadamB: Hope you're getting a nice break from work this evening!

Resolute
05-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Reso- You look great and congrats on the house! Enjoy your hike today I am going to do the same :)

Dreamer- I hope the scale will keep going down for you. I know you were having frustrations there last week.

I look forward to seeing how everyone did tomorrow. Enjoy your Saturdays everyone!

Thanks k3LL3Y although the hike was a let down because the ticks were horrible, can't stand them and i must of picked 30 of them off of me during and after the walk. :mad:

Hope your hike was less parasitic than mine. :D

Peanutt : Thankyou, did you not just hit onederland ? You looking to be leaving the 190's already ??? Maklng short work of that decade ! :dizzy:

Kneed : Thankyou for your generous comment, as to the difficulties, would need to know exactly what you are consuming vs the energy you expend, on top of that the type of calorie can make a difference as can the amount of exercise, to much can even stop you from losing.

My advice would be to figure out what your BMR is then maintain a caloric intake close to that but not over, come up with some light exercise that will not stress your body out, get enough sleep, try and avoid mental stress, just some quick and easy tips, write/journal everything you put in your mouth. If you maintain this type of routine you should run close to 1000 cals or more a day deficit, sooner or later your body will have to relinquish some mass.

Kendra : I like you. :D LOL, yes i'm serious. ;) You have a wonderful personality.

bnhtla06 : Hope you kept your control today and still enjoyed yourself. :)

Chickadee : You are doing awesome, stoic and determined with a level head , the best combo i could recommend personally, just have to stick to the plan at all costs.

MadamB : No the women aren't following me around, LOL, still my good friend at work she somehow convinced me to join up with POF, ummmm, yeah, there are some strange people out there, i'm looking for a woman and there are gay guys wanting to talk to me, WTH, seriously ??? Around a dozen older women and then theres one 20 year old woman who wants to just party and have sex, jesus... sure it's a little flattering but all i want is a decent lady my age or a little younger who wants to be friends first, not into the porno scene or whatever. Just not that kind of person, not to mention i don't have the body for that anyways. Can't people read and understand plain english anymore ???

Anyways my weigh in for tonight is steady at 216 so my loss can be recorded at 5 pounds for this week, put me down for 2 more this next week, hopefully i will do better but it's best to aim at achievable goals i suppose.

kneed2lose
05-15-2011, 02:36 AM
Oh my goodness! Thank you ALL for the AMAZING support! Im so grateful!!

Kendra: You're right, I havent measured myself in a very long time, Im going to give that a shot and hopefully ill see a change! =)

Peanutt: CONGRATS!!!! 75lbs!!! And thank you for the advice, I keep on forgetting that yea i may have just started my journey not too long ago...but i have been making progress. I guess i just have my bad days filled with frustration.

Sarge: THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! That article was amazing! Ive definitely always been one of those people who centered their feelings around weight, and my weight and how i looked always reflected how I thought about myself and carried myself. After reading that, Im definitely going to have to make some mental changes =)

Chickadee: I think i always get on the scale anticipating a drop, and when i dont get super discouraged, but you all are right, its going to fluctuate, i just have to remember how far ive came and all the work ive done so far!

Reso: 5 lbs in a WEEK!!...CONGRATS!! So happy for you! Im sure the perfect girl it out there for you! And thank you for the advice, I've actually calculated my BMR and created a deficit, but i think the mental stress and the little sleep might be playing a toll on my weight as well. Im sleeping less and studying for my boards about 10 hours a day, which stresses me out! I always try to make time for the gym, but i wish i were able to burn more calories like some of the people on here. The most im able to burn is about 300-500/day. =/

Thank you all again for your help, all of you have been so amazing and SOOO helpful, Im going to make some mental and physical changes and hopefully see some results!

Kendrab1223
05-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Just a quick stop in since I'm on my iPod... Down 5.1 pounds this week!!!!!!!!!!!! What a difference upping my cals made! 148.3 this morning so the 140's stuck!! I am pledging another 2 pounds for this week :)

Time for some breakfast and weight loss pilates :)

P.s- my baby girl turned TEN months today!

I'll be back for some personals but until then, have a great day everyone!

celrae
05-15-2011, 07:29 AM
575 min of exercise 25 min shy of my goal.
I felt tired towards the end of the week and choose sleeping in many mornings. However, my workouts were a little more challenging.

Lost 4.2 pounds this week. Thanks Sarge :dancer:
I have been meeting my eating and exercise goals and not being too hard on myself. Consistency and quality support have been very helpful.

May 8th 243.2
May 15th 239.00

I will be going to California for a wedding and lots of wine tasting. Eating on plan should be easy but, time for exercise may not happen. I pledge to keep on track this week but, I will not be able to post my weight. Sunday May 29th will be my next weigh in and I will shoot for 4 pounds in the next 2 weeks.

Looking forward to reading all your post today. Wish everyone well.:hug:
Cheers

JayTee
05-15-2011, 08:53 AM
http://ajdottore.com/images/animated/tigger_piglet_dance_animated.gif

TIGGER & PIGLET HAPPY DANCING OVER AMAZING WEEK O'WIN RESULTS SO FAR!

Pledges 5/8-5/15

Sarge = 1 /// (-2)
Cheshire = 1
Kendrab = 2 /// (-5.1)
Celrae = 2 /// (-4.2)
Reso = 2 /// (-5) (184 POUNDS LOST!!!)
Sizzlin = 1 /// (-2.1)
Bnhtla = 2 /// (-4)
Peanutt = 1 /// (-2) (LOST 75 SO FAR!!!!!)
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2 /// (-2.2)
fatarnp = 1.5
LucyF = Maintain /// -0-
Dreamer = 1
MadamB = 1
Misstiff = 2
K3= 1.5 /// (-2)
Kneed = 3
Deanna = 2
Yoyo = maintain & still working on that 1 inch /// -0-

Trolsk = 1

Total platoon goal = 30 lbs. /// -28.6 SO FAR

PLEDGES Week 5/15-5/22

Sarge = 1
VickieL= 2 (OR ELSE!)
Kendrab = 2
Reso = 2
K3 = 1
Lucyf = 1
Chickadee = 2
Bnhtla = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Courtney = Returning to the ranks after being AWOL. THERE BETTER BE A LOSS!!!!

Newbies
aally =
tmil = 2

Maintainers
Yoyo

Vacation:
Celrae = 4 (by 5/29)

Long & Short Term goals:

Peanutt -- 5K / May 29th
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th
Tmil -- Warrior Dash / October

K3LL3Y
05-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Mornin' Crew,
Enjoyed my mini hike yesterday. Did not get out entirely parasite free though. Both my husband and I found a tick on us when we got home. It was still a nice day for it though.
I am happy to report I am down two lbs this week :)
I am very happy that I've started kicking up my exercise. Thank you all for the encouragement and for the challenges.
Hope you all have a lovely Sunday and I look forward to hearing from everyone :)

Whoops, I forgot my pledge! I know it's going to be a TOM week so I'm going to pledge 1lb.

JayTee
05-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Hey all - don't forget to make a pledge as well as report your loss/gain/or maintain.

MadamB--Sarge is sad to report that he failed the 5 day booze free. Only made it 4 days. :( But, I'm really gonna try again this week because I want to CRUSH that final Biggest Loser weigh in next weekend! I WILL get to the 160's by next Sunday!

More personals later... this platoon ROCKS!

sizzlingina
05-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Good Morning all. I just wanted to apologize for not being more active in the thread in the last few weeks. I will be changing that ASAP. I've been doing some volunteer work at my daughter's school. A couple if aides were fired for stealing money parents paid for the kids to have class t-shirts made. Sooo they're short handed and i get to sit and answer the phone all day. Luckily this this the last week of school! Yay.

Anyway, down 2.1 this week and pledging 1.

CourtneyDaisey
05-15-2011, 10:43 AM
*dashes into the thread, stops in front of Sarge, and salutes* Private Courtney apologizes sincerely for being AWOL for two months, SIR! I have returned and will accept the punishment that should be doled out, SIR! My actions have caused a 10 pound gain. I have let the team down. I have let myself down. and I have let you down, Sarge.

bnhtla06
05-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Wow, the troops have been busy! I was gone all day and there are three pages since I last checked. I'll have to catch up on what everybody's been doing later today, after I kick all the teenagers out of my house and clean up the after-party mess Gonna take me all day I'm afraid. Congrats again on all the personal victories accomplished this week.

I'm down 4 lbs and pledging another 2 for this week. I'll also have to make up the missing c25k day so I can move on to week 6. Will do it today.

Lasertag was a blast! It's scary how good the kids are. They set up one person as a decoy while the others surrounded me, X-box military training in action. I never won a game, but I was sweaty and exhausted by the second round. What a fun workout.

Resolute
05-15-2011, 11:04 AM
Today is another one of my oddball mental high days, i feel just insanely good right now, got up early and have been cleaning my house ( screw you bank ) :D.

Just going to go for a walk, probably sing and dance while i walk today LOL, no i'm not kidding either. :dizzy:

Lots to do, mow the lawn (dandy lions http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6874/bleh2c.gif), plant some flowers, rottertill my small garden, maybe throw down some seeds.

Drew up plans for upgrading stuff to and in the house, money can now be diverted to upgrades, NEW new new stuff, oh boy oh boy....

Love everyone http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/715/heartwml.gif, have the best day possible, shall make this new start to the week a hit the ground running, drop the hammer, time to bear down again, life and death struggle http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1268/runaway.gif, gonna take one last shot at making onederland by June ( albeit a more mental... calorie strict... exercise restrained attempt to maximize loss efficiency), i know i won't make it but i'm going to throw fat up against the ropes and land body blow after body blow on it, if nothing else i'll get close. :D

tmil206
05-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Reso, congrats on the new house.

Seems like it was a pretty good week this past week. My first week is going to be tough. My husband will be traveling out of state all week and this is the first week I am returning to work after having the baby. So I will be getting up with the baby in the middle of the night and then taking and picking up both kids from daycare and then feeding, bathing and playing with them in the evening. I'm going to try and fit in workouts during my lunch breaks but will be exausted.
I know if I can fit in some workouts this week that I can do it anytime.

For those of you doing the Warrior Dash, what is your date? I convinced some friends to do this with me in October. It looks like a fun and difficult challenge.

chickadee32
05-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Is it still fair for me to report my loss from Friday's/yesterday's weigh-in (weight was the same both days) rather than today's? If so, my loss this week was 2.2 lbs, and I'll pledge 2 lbs again this week.

I had calculated everything out and figured that, based on my maintainence calories and the low calories I consumed on Friday, I had roughly 4400 calories to play with last night for dinner without a gain this week. It's totally possible that the meal came in that high. It's quite possible the meal came in even higher than that (6 small courses, 3 amuse bouche, 4 glasses of wine... definitely possible). What is NOT possible is that I consumed over 10,000 calories in that meal last night, which is what the scale is telling me this morning. :eek: So, I'm going to assume that I had a small gain (a few ounces) and the rest is water due to all the sodium. :) We shall see over the next few days.

Actually, I just read this (http://www.zagat.com/buzz/how-many-calories-are-in-those-epic-tasting-menus) and I feel a little better about last night's dinner. Definitely no way I ate 10,000 calories. Phew.

lucyford
05-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Definitely no loss this week. :( I never can during TOM though, no matter how perfect my eating or how hard I work at the gym. Sigh. Well this is the start of a new week. I'd like to pledge 1 lb. Looking forward to not letting you down.

jojotheyoyo
05-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Definitely no loss this week. :( I never can during TOM though, no matter how perfect my eating or how hard I work at the gym. Sigh. Well this is the start of a new week. I'd like to pledge 1 lb. Looking forward to not letting you down.

Sarge, Here is my report: I am staying the same (maintaining.) People are mentioning that I look thinner. The inch remains. I will just keep up the exercise and not give up. :dizzy:

jojotheyoyo
05-15-2011, 01:38 PM
Peanutt--CONGRATS ON 75!

Kneed, I've copied an article I just read for you and any others who might be in the midst of frustrating scale adventures. Just stick with it and focus on the fact that you signed up for Warrior Dash. Seriously, can you believe you've signed up for something so totally awesome!

On Staying Motivated...
Do you find yourself getting very upset when you donít see the number you want on your scale? Can a bad food day leave you feeling so frustrated or helpless that you wonder if this whole weight loss business is really worth all the effort it takes?

If so, youíre definitely not alone. But you may need a little attitude adjustment to take some of this drama out of your relationship with your scale and your food, before it does you in.

That was definitely the case for me, during my many weight loss failures and the yo-yo dieting years.

I know that an awful lot of the emotional eating I did can be traced back to this kind of drama. Iíd do fine on all my diets, until the scale started being uncooperative--which, of course, it always did, and not just once in a while. Then Iíd end up feeling extremely frustrated and hopeless, not only about losing weight but about almost everything. All because I gained a pound or didnít lose as much as I expected. If you were looking for a classic example of the weight loss drama king, you definitely didnít have to look any further than me.

So, whatís really going on here? How did the number on the scale become so important that it could literally determine my mood and how I felt about life?

Looking back now, I can see that I had developed a bad case of weight loss tunnel vision. This is what happens when you start thinking that losing weight is the key to everything that really matters to you.

I was counting on weight loss to solve lots of problems and produce many other benefits for me. Improving my health, looking more attractive, feeling better about myself and my body, being able to do more of the things I wanted to do, living longer, getting a good job, finding a good relationship--in my mind, all of these things depended on getting to my weight loss goal. And, of course, every little set back on the scale made me feel like everything that was important to me was slipping further away, and there wasn't much I could do about it.

Needless to say, itís pretty hard to stay motivated when youíre dealing with that kind of pressure, stress and frustration. More importantly, focusing most of my attention on losing weight kept me from doing the things that actually could have helped me achieve the goals that really mattered the most to me.

During my more recent and successful weight loss effort, things were very different. I finally figured out that losing weight canít do very much except make me weigh less. I realized that, by itself, losing weight wasn't going to make all my other problems go away, or make my other goals happen by themselves, without direct effort on my part.

Instead of waiting until I'd lost a lot of weight to start working on the other things I needed to work on, I started doing little things every day to help me build up my self-esteem and self-confidence. Instead of worrying about the scale, I focused on the improvements I was making in my mobility and fitness, and in my various health problems, thanks to the exercise and healthy eating I was doing. I challenged my self-consciousness and low self-esteem in lots of little ways every day, like going swimming at the gym, even though I still felt like Moby Dick in my swimming suit. I went back to school so I could start preparing myself for the kind of work that I felt like I really wanted to do, even though I was older than most of my professors.

It's really amazing how little things can add up to big changes in your mood, your attitude towards yourself, and your motivation--and take a lot of the pressure off your weight loss efforts at the same time, making that much easier, too. In fact, I'd say that finally losing the weight I wanted to lose was really more of a side effect of taking care of some other business I needed to deal with.

So, if you're having problems with your mood and your motivation when you have a bad weigh-in or a less than perfect food day, here's what I suggest.

First, create your own personal Vision Statement. This can include a verbal and/or pictorial expression of where you want to be in one (or two, or five) years, not only with your weight, but with all important aspects of your life. Your Vision Statement should include several specific long-term goals that will help you get where you want to be. And be sure to ask yourself whether you really need to see a lower number on the scale before you can start working on these goals.

Second, create some strategies, or short-term and intermediate goals, that will give you specific targets to aim for right now, and help you keep your weight loss efforts in the proper perspective. Start tracking your progress on these goals, as well as your weight loss.

Keep those progress reports rolling in troops!

Sarge

Ok, you guys finally got to me! I am giving up wine for the week! Let's see if that plus exercise makes a difference. So my pledge:
to maintain
to lose that inch!:dizzy:

linalin
05-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Popping in today to say I went cheat free (except for missing hte gym Monday because of the kiddo being sick), and only lost 1 lb! :( What a disappointment- I don't like having a big drop one week to barely losing the next without a change of routine!

Pledging 1 again... and making a PERSONAL pledge of 3!

linalin
05-15-2011, 01:48 PM
OH! And what's worse is I'm now .5 away from my goal! Thats all! .5! Ahhh so frustrating!

JayTee
05-15-2011, 02:22 PM
http://ajdottore.com/images/animated/tigger_piglet_dance_animated.gif

TIGGER & PIGLET HAPPY DANCING OVER AMAZING WEEK O'WIN RESULTS SO FAR!

Pledges 5/8-5/15

Sarge = 1 /// (-2)
Cheshire = 1 /// +1
Kendrab = 2 /// (-5.1)
Celrae = 2 /// (-4.2)
Reso = 2 /// (-5) (184 POUNDS LOST!!!)
Sizzlin = 1 /// (-2.1)
Linalin = 1 (& 5 Day Cheat free) /// (-1) & CHEAT FREE!
Bnhtla = 2 /// (-4)
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2 /// (-2.2)
fatarnp = 1.5
LucyF = Maintain /// -0-
Dreamer = 1 /// (-2.7) (40 LOST SO FAR!!!)
MadamB = 1 /// (-.4)
Misstiff = 2
K3= 1.5 /// (-2) (30 LOST SO FAR!!!!)
Kneed = 3 /// (-2.4)
Deanna = 2

Trolsk = 1

Total platoon goal = 30 lbs. /// 35.1 SO FAR!!!!!

PLEDGES Week 5/15-5/22

Sarge = 1
VickieL= 2 (OR ELSE!)
Kendrab = 2
Reso = 2
K3 = 1
Lucyf = 1
Chickadee = 2
Bnhtla = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Linalin = 1 (But really wants 3!)
Kneed = 2.5
Dreamer = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
MadamB= .5
Chesh = 1
Courtney = 2

Newbies
aally =
tmil = 2

Maintainers
Yoyo = Pledge 5 days Booze Free!

Vacation:
Celrae = 4 (by 5/29)

Signed up for next BL Summer Challenge/Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, TMil, Courtney

Long & Short Term goals:

Peanutt -- 5K / May 29th, 6/26, & 10K in September!
Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

JayTee
05-15-2011, 02:34 PM
A few quickies--

Tmil--I see you signed up for Biggest Loser Challenge. If you want to hang with the others in this platoon go back and edit your post to request red team. (Again, it's fine to go blue...but SARGE WOULD LOVE to have one of his platoon win the next title!) Also, I added your Warrior Dash to our long term goals. Kneed is doing it end of June and MadamB end of July.

Linalin -- Way to go CHEAT FREE! And, a LOSS IS A LOSS, you are so close to mini-goal that you have to be HAPPY about that.

Yoyo-- Whoa! 5 days booze free pledge?!?!?! It's tough. There's not an afternoon that goes by where that wine bottle doesn't start calling my name. I've had to pop on here every afternoon to remind myself to stay away at least until the end of May! Good to have you join me!

Lucyf--Just keep at it. This Week O'Win is rubbing off on everyone who seems to be a regular to the thread!

Chickadee--Yes, you get to keep the -2.2. Sarge usually weighs in on Fridays and uses that number for Sunday. Much easier to have fun on the weekend when you've already weighed in!

Reso--After a long, hard winter it has been really enjoyable to see your positive posts. You've truly had a Week O'Win!

Bnthla -- WHAT A LOSS!!! Makes you want to go back for more Laser Tag!

Courtney -- I REALLY, REALLY hope you're head is in the game! You know Sarge HATES excuses!

Sarge has his fingers crossed. Who will come in with that last 1/2 pound loss report to have us hit goal for the week?!?!!?

kneed2lose
05-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Reporting in Sarge!! After a tough week i went from 199 to 196.6...total loss of 2.4! i wanted to hit 3, but it didnt happen...better than nothing though! Im pledging 2.5 for next week!

and CONGRATS TO ALL THE AMAZINGGGGGGGG LOSSES THIS WEEK!!!

JayTee
05-15-2011, 03:08 PM
KNEED -- WAY TO GO!!! YOU PUSHED OVER 100% of PLATOON GOAL THIS WEEK!!!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-15-2011, 03:25 PM
Reporting in sarge. I am down 2.7 this week!!! WOOHOOO its no 5 like kendra or reso but dayum....I got a 2.8 with PCOS??!?!?! ill take it!!!! hehehe (goes and adds a 4th cheerleader to her signature)

edit: almost forgot, I pledge 2 lbs for next week!

JayTee
05-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Woot Woot Dreamer Added Your Loss Above In A Sec! Put you down for 1 next week?

SMSDREAMER2007
05-15-2011, 03:36 PM
Sorry, I forgot to pledge so went back and edited ROFL (was too excited I guess) I wil say 2 lbs for next week. (hoping to have a new bike to help me*

Cheshirecat
05-15-2011, 07:51 PM
Wowzie! So much WINNING going on in this thread!
Great job to you all!! Way to keep your head in the game.

My win comes from getting in 5 days of exercise. 3 days of running and 2 days of whole body workouts in form of videos from exercisetv.com.

My scale...not so win. I'm up a pound.
Pledge...to lose that pound.

I ordered The New Rules for Lifting and also a exercise log book today--so I'm excited to have those come in sometime at the end of the week. I have to sketch out my running plan for September's run and see how I can fit in the weight training without over doing it. Fun, fun, fun!!

Keep on with the winning!!

MadamButterfly
05-15-2011, 08:02 PM
WOW!!! LOOK AT ALL THAT BUTT-ER MELTIN' AWAY . . .

Pledged: 1, Down 0.4 . . . I guess the Whoosh fairy doesn't love me so much <sigh>

Pledge for next week 0.5 (maybe I can actually do it)

All I can do is keep on going . . . Did Week 4, Day 3 yesterday, but I haven't decided if I'm going to count it. I was 1/2 way though my run and a truck stopped, they were lost and the place they wanted to go was very close, but the road didn't go through, so I hopped in the back of the truck and took them there (about 5 miles). I was only about a mile from where they picked me up so I finished my run, but the run was split up so I may redo that last day of week 4.

EVERYONE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, KEEP MELTIN THAT BUTT-ER!!!

peanutt
05-15-2011, 08:14 PM
WTG PLATOON!!! GReat results this week. Let's do it again. I'm pledging 1.5 this week.

I just signed up for two more runs this year. I think this could become a problem. LOL I'm registered in another 5K on June 26 and a 10k for September. The 5k is to give myself a chance to improve my time from the one in May. Yikes!

K3LL3Y
05-15-2011, 08:25 PM
I realized I did not properly celebrate 30lbs lost. It is a huge milestone for me personally considering I've been over 200 for the past 5 years. I am more motivated and committed to being at a healthy weight then I ever have been. I would love to be in the best shape of my life at 30.
I just had to share, thanks.

CourtneyDaisey
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
Sarge: I forgot to pledge! Oops! I pledge 2 pounds this week. Time to kick some BUTT-ER!!!!!!!!

JayTee
05-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Again Platoon, what an amazing week we put in!!! Pedal to the metal over these last few weeks til Summer!

MadamB--I try to find a more giving woosh fairy for you. I'll start interviews tomorrow. And gotta say it's wonderful that you helped those lost truckers but my initial reaction was fear for your safety. I watch too many serial killer shows!

Chesh--You started the amazing "Week O'Win," so you get to name a new week for us tomorrow. Get working on that, will ya?!?!

Ok, final posting for this week, then we're on to next...

AMAZING WEEK O'WIN RESULTS!

Pledges 5/8-5/15

Sarge = 1 /// (-2)
Cheshire = 1 /// +1
Kendrab = 2 /// (-5.1)
Celrae = 2 /// (-4.2)
Reso = 2 /// (-5) (184 POUNDS LOST SO FAR!!!)
Sizzlin = 1 /// (-2.1)
Linalin = 1 (& 5 Day Cheat free) /// (-1) & CHEAT FREE!
Bnhtla = 2 /// (-4)
Penguin = 1
Chickadee = 2 /// (-2.2)
fatarnp = 1.5
LucyF = Maintain /// -0-
Dreamer = 1 /// (-2.7) (40 LOST SO FAR!!!)
MadamB = 1 /// (-.4)
Misstiff = 2
K3= 1.5 /// (-2) (30 LOST SO FAR!!!!)
Kneed = 3 /// (-2.4)
Deanna = 2

Trolsk = 1

Total platoon goal = 30 lbs. /// 35.1 SO FAR!!!!!

PLEDGES Week 5/15-5/22

Sarge = 1 & Booze Free til Friday!
VickieL= 2 (OR ELSE!)
Kendrab = 2
Reso = 2 & Booze free til Friday!
K3 = 1
Lucyf = 1
Chickadee = 2
Bnhtla = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Linalin = 1 (But going for 3!)
Kneed = 2.5
Dreamer = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
MadamB= .5
Chesh = 1
Pokey = 2 & Booze Free Til Friday!
Courtney = 2

Newbies
aally =
tmil = 2

Maintainers
Yoyo = Booze Free til Friday!

Vacation:
Celrae = 4 (by 5/29)

5,048 MILE VIRTUAL WALK ACROSS AMERICA: Sarge, Pokey, Kneed, Celrae, K3, Kendrab

Signed up for next BL Summer Challenge/Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, TMil, Courtney

Long & Short Term goals:

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

peanutt
05-15-2011, 10:35 PM
Chickadee - Nice work getting into that size 16! I hear you on the frustration of constantly buying new clothes. Early on I was holding off because I didn't want to waste money, but when I realized how amazing I felt in clothes that fit my body well, I decided to change my strategy and buy clothes to fit my new smaller body at each new size. I've become more conscious of the type of clothes that I'm buying. For example, I went shopping for some new capris and bought a pair of cargo capris with drawstring in the waistband :o to get me through a little longer. :D

Reso - I'm trying to put as much distance between myself and 200lbs as possible! ;) I have full confidence that you can make the most valiant effort at passing into onederland in June. You're so strong and determined - I'd hate to be anyone standing in your way!! Especially with that awesome positive attitude.

Kendra - WTG!! I'm so glad your body responded to the new caloric intake! You're rocking this! And happy 10 month birthday to your baby girl!

Gina - welcome back! Nice work on the loss last week.

Courtney - welcome back! I'm glad you're back with us. But I'm curious if you can pinpoint what you did/didn't do that lead to a 10lb gain over 2 months? You're only letting yourself down if you can't reflect and learn from what happened. Now that you're back with us, you'll make short work of getting back on track and getting rid of that extra 10 lbs.

jojo - How awesome is it when people comment on your new body?? WTG!

linalin - WTG on staying cheat free and losing a big ol' pound!

kneed - what a loss! You must be so motivated for the next week after seeing that great low number!

dreamer - WTG! Great loss!

Cheshire - great job with the workouts! I look forward to reading what you come up with for this week on Sarge's orders!

MadamB - You're not going to find that whoosh fairy in the back of strangers' trucks! :dizzy: How are you feeling during your runs? Are you hooked on running yet??

K3 - WTG on 30 lbs lost!! You will be in the best shape of your life very soon if you keep on like this!

pokeycactus
05-15-2011, 10:53 PM
Ack, up two pounds Sarge. Too much drinking and family time and not enough time at the gym. My daddy is still in town and I'm currently sitting at my aunt's house where it's pizza AND chinese food and beer as far as the eye can see. Eeeesh.

I'm going to pledge two pounds this week, Sarge, wanting to get these pounds I put on right back off.

ETA: I went through and read the six pages of posts I've missed and you guys did amazing this week! And I've missed all of you so much!

Sarge - are you going to be going booze free this week? I will definitely do that again - I did make it till Friday, but when I went to the gym this morning, I could smell the vodka oozing out of my pores. Gross! :lol:

MadamB - this week is going to be our week! :)

Reso - you look AMAZING! Congratulations, dear friend!

And congratulations to those who posted great losses - Peanutt, Kendra, and SMS come to mind! But congrats to everyone, this was a great week.

Cheshirecat
05-16-2011, 07:47 AM
Morning Troops!!!
Have to make this quick so I can get to work! Great job this week with everything! Let's rock out this week too!

To go with Sarge's No Fear Challenge:

http://joshlancette.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/impossible-is-nothing.jpg

This IS the week of possible! I see lots of great long terms goals. Warrior Dash, 5ks, 10ks, getting to One-derland, alcohol free weeks.
One day at a time and we can get there.

So what are you going to do today?!

Resolute
05-16-2011, 07:51 AM
Good morning everyone. :)

Thanks Pokey :hug: Hope everyone has a good day, running a little behind right now, hope to put together a good days effort.

EDIT : LOL i knew i couldn't beat you Cheshire.

JayTee
05-16-2011, 08:04 AM
UP & AT 'EM BUTT-er BRIGADE!

Excellent Chesh! We have officially entered THE WEEK OF POSSIBLE!

Sarge WILL join Pokey & Yoyo in another booze free til Friday challenge AND hit the 169 mark by Sunday's final weigh-in to secure The Biggest Loser New Year/New You title for the platoon! And that sweet flag of victory will wave over this unit until one of our troops WINS The Biggest Loser Summer Challenge! Who will it be Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, TMil, Courtney???? Oh yes, one of you WILL win, even if Sarge has to beat your BUTT-er into the ground! :devil:

Have a GREAT DAY!

Sarge

Sending you all a POWER WOOSH for the week:
http://www.powerwoosh.com/images/110329%20Power%20Woosh%20750x125%2090pc.jpg

linalin
05-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Reso! Meant to post that your new picture is amazing! Such awesome results!! GO YOU!

Sarge- is it cheating to do the booze free week if I haven't drank alcohol in 3 months already?? ;) haha

Skipping the gym today- woke up at 3am and couldn't sleep and I'm barely functioning! I don't drink caffeine so I basically just need to crash once the baby is napping! I am trying some of that Mega-Tea Green Tea stuff... I'm sure it'll do nothing but make me sick, but figure it's worth a shot! I have a reallllllllly small amount of time until the BF is due home!! (Due to security reasons I'm not allowed to say WHEN, but it's soon!)
Sarge, I forgot to tell you that I'll post pictures of the garage for ya today! I want to find my before pictures of the garage so you can really get the idea of just how much work I did! lol I think cleaning/organizing it was more work than the stuff built!!

GREAT JOB this week everyone!!! Let's shoot for those awesome numbers again this week! I know I am!!!

MadamButterfly
05-16-2011, 10:05 AM
BUTT-ER BRIGADE OF POSSIBILITIES

Look at all that BUTT-ER being melted away :woohoo:

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL YOU LOSERS

Courtney: :welcome3: BACK!!! Like Peanut, I want to know what you did/didn't do also, maybe it will give me some tips and pointers too

Pokey: YUP, you and me girl we're gonna rock this week . . . NO BOOZE, CHEAT FREE WEEK!! NOTHIN' BUT BUSTIN' BUTT-ER

linalin: you are too funny, QUOTE: Sarge- is it cheating to do the booze free week if I haven't drank alcohol in 3 months already?? haha, soooooooo funny in my own head

Peanut: I think I might be addicted :dizzy: . . . sometimes I feel like I need to run everyday . . . I've never been a runner and if I can beat this feeling in my thighs I'll be GOOD . . . everyday I feel like someone has stuffed two bricks in my thighs, (it's always a bit worse the day after I've run) they're not sore, nor do they ache . . . oh who knows, it will go away soon enough . . .

jojo: yea, you have to love it when people say nice things about the BOD!!! :D

Reso: you are a pillar, albeit a skinny pillar . . . one of those pillars that is there for all time . . . it's hard finding a good woman, (kind of like finding a good man) but I hope you find a good woman, you deserve it :)

K3: YOU BETTER celebrate that 30 pounds!!! that's 120 STICKS-O-BUTT-ER MELTED AWAY FOREVER !!!

Cheshire: Love the POSSIBLE WEEK!!! ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE

Dreamer, Knead & Gina: GREAT LOSSES

SARGE: No worries about the truck, (but I hopped in the back, just in case) beside I think I could have taken the little OLD couple by myself (probably in their 70's) and the place they were asking about is a bit of a mystery to this little town we live in (about 10-12,000). As the little guy said "we've talked to everyone and NOONE knows where this place is . . . except you" I almost told them " oh yea, I know where that is, but you can't get there from here :D" (yea, I'm funny in my own head)

OK, frustration with the scale (Yup), even more frustrated as when I have gotten on the past few days it says 155 or 156 and even 153 and the JUMPS rught up to the 160 mark, give or take 0.2 lbs . . . maybe there are a few jelly bean poopies stuck in there LOLOLOLOLOLOL OK, I'm debating not doing C25K for 3-4 days to see if my legs feel better, maybe they need a few days to heal. I may just do walks, sit-ups, push-ups, dips (which I ABSOLUTELY HATE) and stay away from the bike and running for a few days . . . <sigh> Anyone with thoughts or suggestion, bring 'em on . . . I'm open to anything (well almost anything) at this point . . . although it was nice to see 159 again, albeit 159.8

EVERYONE HAVE A POSSIBLE DAY!!

linalin
05-16-2011, 10:50 AM
MadamButterfly: Hope your rest helps your legs out! I can't really help with suggestions too much because until Friday I relied on a trainer to tell me what to do! haha Hopefully the others will have some good ideas!

Was popping back real fast to tell you all that I already quit the Mega Tea Green Tea thing... within an hour of taking it, i'm violently nauseous with a headache and bubble guts. No thanks! I'd rather not lose weight THIS way!! lol

OH! I bought a bathing suit yesterday!!!! It's a tankini.. I need to find shorts for the bottom though because I had the regular bathing suit bottoms right now and my thunder thighs don't need to see the light of day at the moment if you know what I mean! Bathing suit is super cute otherwise though. Maybe if I get enough guts I'll take a pic in it because that'll really show me where i've lost!

JayTee
05-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Sarge completed round 1 with amazing energy and wanted to put a smile on your faces with this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_01cnws3x7lE/TCF7H_jcc1I/AAAAAAAABoM/7pAOvt2_FjM/s1600/EnergizerBunny.jpg

That is all...

P.S. MadamB -- "jelly bean poopies"... hahahahaha!

pokeycactus
05-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Has anyone ever tried the B12 shots before? They're offering 4 for $18 through the naturopath at my gym, but I didn't know if they truly do give you an energy boost or if I could obtain that through an extra cup of coffee each day.

JayTee
05-16-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Pokey--quick internet research says both good and bad about B12 shots. On the plus side, the shots will give you energy IF you're deficient in B12. On the negative side, you can get the same benefit by controlling your diet (increasing B12 consumption), save your money, and there is some info on potential side effect of insomnia. My vote is for the coffee!

Then, as Chesh pointed out, anything is possible, so I'm putting a new challenge out to the Platoon. Sarge has been trying to think of ways to keep things interesting. We've had some jump aboard the side cheat free and/or booze free challenges, but I think I've come up with something much bigger. We've got runners, walkers, people who use machines that calculate miles covered, etc. so I was thinking the platoon could do a virtual Walk Across America as a unit. It's 5,048 miles from Delaware to the Golden Gate Bridge. I was thinking that those who'd like to accompany Sarge could tally their miles for the week and report in with their weekly pledge. Each week we'll see how far the platoon gets. Here's the path:

http://0.tqn.com/d/walking/1/G/v/P/webwalkusamap250.jpg

I found a nifty little chart that gives me distances and details along the way.

Anyone up for it?

pokeycactus
05-16-2011, 03:16 PM
I'll do the challenge with you, Sarge, of course! :)

And thanks for the info re: B12 shots, I had seen some of the same when I googled them. I'll probably skip 'em.

kneed2lose
05-16-2011, 04:27 PM
Congrats to all those amazing losses this past week!!!! Everyone here is so motivational!

Although...i stepped on the scale this morning and it said 198 :( . I went from 196.6 to 198 in a day. I guess its just one of those days...I even ate super healthy yesterday! Hopefully it will be better tomorrow!

Im LOVING that Challenge idea!! Way to keep things interesting Sarge!!! Im in!! How long do you think it will take us to do that many miles?!?!?

K3LL3Y
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Great Idea Sarge! I'm in!
I'm currently doing about 11-12mi per week. I'm sure many of you are doing much more then that. I'd be interested to see how far and quickly we travel. :)

celrae
05-16-2011, 04:51 PM
That sounds like fun! I will keep logging in fitday and report on Sun. the miles trekked.

JayTee
05-16-2011, 05:06 PM
Excellent news! So far Pokey, Kneed, Celrae, & K3 will be joining Sarge.
Sarge walks/runs 3 or 4 miles on treadmill and does 60 min on the stairmaster each day. The stairmaster calculates miles traveled so today I finished a total of 11.5 miles. I'm gonna keep a ticker next to my signature during the week and we'll add up the miles on Sunday. There's a chart of distances we'll be covering at this link: http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/l/blwebwalkingadt.htm

From the start of The American Discovery Trail in Delaware, our first leg is to make the Maryland state line (44.6 miles). How long will it take? Depends on how many others join us to add in their miles, but I say we fill up our canteens!

To have some visual fun, here's our starting point: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=cape+henlopen+state+park&fb=1&gl=us&hq=cape+henlopen+state+park&cid=17223432691435665985

Sarge (11.5 miles & Booze free day 1)

Resolute
05-16-2011, 05:15 PM
I'll also abstain from alcohol for this week ( this should be a interesting http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/1268/runaway.gif), i need to shake things up, i walk a dedicated 42 miles minimum up to around 50 miles or more per week not including bike rides or daily walking.

Just lacing up to head out now for my daily 10 K. Hope everyone is having a good day.

JayTee
05-16-2011, 05:25 PM
OMG Reso-- Booze free til Friday?!?!?!? You the Man!!! On our walking thing are you saying you're throwing in with the group? Sounds like you could do it solo and still keep up with us, but yeah, I figure I'm good for a dedicated 55-60 miles a week too on foot (no bike riding). If the platoon as a whole puts in 200 miles a week it would take us 27 weeks, but with this group, I'm thinking we're gonna make it much quicker!

kneed2lose
05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
WOW.... RESO.....50 miles a week???? And SARGE...11.5 miles a day??!?! You and Reso alone could probably get well into West Virginia by the end of the week!!

Not sure if anyone has asked this before, what which cardio workout machines would you guys say is the best to burn the most amount of calories?!?

K3LL3Y
05-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Wow Reso and Sarge that's amazing. I knew you were at a different level but I didn't realize how much you accomplished every week. I'm super impressed! :)
I did 3 mi today and am pretty happy with my steps up so far. I can pledge 12 mi for the week. Not very impressive I know but I'm sure I'll be able to increase that number as the weeks progress.

peanutt
05-16-2011, 05:58 PM
WOW.... RESO.....50 miles a week???? And SARGE...11.5 miles a day??!?! You and Reso alone could probably get well into West Virginia by the end of the week!!

Not sure if anyone has asked this before, what which cardio workout machines would you guys say is the best to burn the most amount of calories?!?

I'd say that the machine matters not. What matters is how hard YOU are working and how long you can keep your heart rate elevated.

JayTee
05-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey K3-- I wasn't necessarily looking for pledges, just that those interested keep track of miles put in and we'll keep track of how far the platoon goes and how quickly. To push yourself harder (and that's always Sarge's intent) see how far you go each week and then ramp it up the following week, but Sarge doesn't really want to kill anyone! Just looking for fun ways to keep this weight loss thing interesting. I think this will be fun tho.

Kendrab1223
05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm in :) I usually only do a 3 mile walk/day but it will add something!

I was badddd today. I was lurking the site, ended up reading posts in the "binge free challenge" thread and ended up binging! I'm mad at myself. It wasn't super bad but enough. I now feel so full and gross and don't want to move from the couch due to the pain (I ate over half a bag of chex mix, 2 Oreos, 3 bites of a burger, and a small amount of macaroni salad).

I pledge to go binge free until I hit goal (was 12.6 pounds away this morning but probably more tomorrow lol). Blah. I can't believe I did that after such an awesome weight loss last week!

Ohhh well! Tomorrow is a fresh start and I'll be back on track! :) sorry for my boohoo'ing- I feel more obligated to pick up where I left off when I come clean on here!!

JayTee
05-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Kendrab--You can always come on this thread and say HELP!!!!! Sarge and the rest of the platoon will try and talk you down from the ledge. Good attitude tho, put it behind you and tomorrow is another day! I'll add you to our walk. It'll be fun!

Here's the pledge board for the week:
PLEDGES Week 5/15-5/22

VickieL= 2 (OR ELSE!)
Kendrab = 2
K3 = 1
Lucyf = 1
Chickadee = 2
Bnhtla = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Kneed = 2.5
Dreamer = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
MadamB= .5
Chesh = 1
Courtney = 2

Newbies
aally =
tmil = 2

Maintainers

Platoon Goal for week = 28.5

Vacation:
Celrae = 4 (by 5/29)

5,048 MILE VIRTUAL WALK ACROSS AMERICA: Sarge, Pokey, Kneed, Celrae, K3, Kendrab, Chickadee, Reso, Cheshire, MadamB, Yoyo, Sizzlin

Signed up for next BL Summer Challenge/Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, TMil, Courtney, Sizzlin

Long & Short Term goals:

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

Kendrab1223
05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Sarge- I should have! I don't even know what happened other than I justified it in my head all the way to the grocery store to get my "goodies". I think I just have a hard time sometimes due to tue food that's always in my house because of hubby and my son. Pick a trigger food and it's here and usually I'm the one making it for the boys! I have a test of will power many times a day and usually pass but occasionally- I faillllll!

On a better note, I'm going to try and combine walking and my bike to get 30 miles a week in and gradually increase! It's something I wanted to do anyway so now this gives me the extra push :)

JayTee
05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Kneed--Sorry, I missed your question earlier. The cardio machine that kicks my butt-er is intervals on the Stairmaster. Keeping up with moving stairs is an all out drip fest of sweat for me. I love the stairmaster and the treadmill because I catch up on all my tv shows while I keep moving...so much less boring that way. Peanutt is right tho, any machine is great as long as you put in the most effort you can!

Resolute
05-16-2011, 08:10 PM
OMG Reso-- Booze free til Friday?!?!?!? You the Man!!! On our walking thing are you saying you're throwing in with the group? Sounds like you could do it solo and still keep up with us, but yeah, I figure I'm good for a dedicated 55-60 miles a week too on foot (no bike riding). If the platoon as a whole puts in 200 miles a week it would take us 27 weeks, but with this group, I'm thinking we're gonna make it much quicker!

Sure, i walk every day anyway :D. The booze part might be a little challenging though. Gonna cut out all treats and junk food this week also, only freshly prepared foods with lots of veggies.

Just remember everyone, you can push to hard and kill your progress if you stress yourself out, at least i can.

EDIT : 10 K (6.2 miles) done for today.

Kendrab1223
05-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Reso- you are a walking machine!

Tomorrow I'm on the search for some inexpensive roller blades! My friend is moving closer to me at the end of this month (she's about 45-50 min away now, and will be only 10-15 min away) and told me she wants to try and I'm totally down! This should be interesting lol. I'm not the most graceful person in the world :)

Cheshirecat
05-16-2011, 08:34 PM
Happy day to all.
I got in a 3 mile run then some leg exercises. Now I'm cooking some chili. It was cold today. Great running weather though.

I'll join up with the mileage challenge too. We are totally going to be hightailing it across the country with our Platoon!!

Kneed-The stairmaster is an arse-kicker! I totally die on that machine when I use it. But like the other said, it's what you put into that matter! With treadmills you can control the speed of course, but also remember to play with the incline! With the elliptical you can go forward AND backwards. Lots of things to play with to make it a better challenge.

Resolute
05-16-2011, 08:40 PM
If i was to attempt rollerblading i would probably hurt myself, would have to buy all kinds of protective equipment. :dizzy:

Anyways gonna post my evening meal to keep me accountable as well, will just add it to my evening posts going forward.

Large Salad with chinese stir fry veggies, cottage cheese and new york strip steak (fat removed) Total cals around 800, todays intake around 2300, not bad, probably burned around 3500 - 4000... i'm satisfied. :)

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3928/scan000001.jpg

chickadee32
05-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Just stopping in quickly to say count me in for miles tracking. I'll be nowhere near Sarge or Resolute, but I'll add what I can.

Highly irritating day today, but I am off to the gym momentarily and it shall be my salvation. I can't wait to get in there and let go of all this tension for an hour or so.

PS: I will do the booze-free thing next week. My parents, my sister, and my aunt and her wife are coming in to town Thursday-Sunday this week, and we'll be celebrating my aunt's wedding and I don't want to miss out on the fun. I will, though, pledge to get through this week and the weekend without going over my 1500 daily calorie limit at all - including any alcohol I consume. It should be a tough challenge for me since we'll be eating most meals out while they're in town. Fair?

celrae
05-16-2011, 09:41 PM
http://www.mapmywalk.com/

I just started using this site- fitday did not give me my distance.
We could make a group here and log our information.

I walked 6.45 miles today and did 10 reps. of my hill.

JayTee
05-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Celrae--Having a master list would be great, but I'm so low tech that I don't know how to create an account and I wonder if we'd lose people if they had to post on an additional site. Also, it might be extra motivational for the others as well as the lurkers out there to just keep to posting the miles with our weight loss on Sundays. Thoughts??? Nice hill work btw!

Again, this platoon rocks! Seriously, scroll back and look at the pledge board for the week. We're losing pounds, staying sober / cheat free, running road races and will now be "hightailing" it across America. If someone had said that I'd be participating in all this 6 months ago I'd have said they were CRAZY!

Reso--your food looks delicious! I saw a news bit the other day for a phone ap that allows you to take a picture of your food and it calculates and stores the calories for you. Not for me...again, too low tech...but amazing technology.

Chicka--Hope the gym helped that cr** day you had!

chickadee32
05-16-2011, 11:43 PM
Sarge: It totally did.

OK, 80 minute workout, but 45 min of that was strength and balance exercises, so 35 min on the treadmill today = 1.9 miles.

So sorry I'm not doing personals today, but I only slept a few hours last night and am really beat, and I still need to make/eat dinner, pack lunches, and do a few more hours of work before I can go to bed tonight. I wish I could screw it all and go to sleep, lol.

MadamButterfly
05-16-2011, 11:59 PM
WOW . . . busy, busy, busy . . . I'm in on the trek across USA . . .

SARGE are we counting everything, walking, biking, treadmill, jogging ???? Anything we can calculate the miles????

Oh it won't take us 27 weeks . . . no way . . .

Kendrab1223
05-17-2011, 06:14 AM
Chickadee- great job at the gym!!!!
Sarge- totally agree, this group of people rocks!

Not sure what I'll get in today. My daughter is extremely sick and I have a feeling that her trip to the dr's later this morning is going to result in us being sent to the hospital. My poor little girl. Even if we don't end up at the hospital, I've been up all night with her and might take any opportunity that I can to get some naps in. Holy exhaustion!

I hope everyone has a great day :)

JayTee
05-17-2011, 07:21 AM
First post, first post...:dizzy:
Edit: Wait a minute...Kendrab???? What are you doing up at 5:14am?!?!? Yikes! Just read your post...sorry about your daughter. I was in such a hurry to beat Chesh & Reso. Hope you avoid the hospital!

Cheshirecat
05-17-2011, 07:24 AM
Good Morning Platoon.

Make it a great Tuesday.

Motivational Poster to start us all out:

http://keithsuckling.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/impossible-is-nothing.jpg

Make it happen!

Edit: Ack....you only beat me Sarge because I was getting the picture! LOL.

And Kendra-I hope your little girl is doing okay!

Resolute
05-17-2011, 07:52 AM
Good morning, very happy with my start to the week, now i'll build upon that, was a near perfect day for me... plan wise.

Kendra : Hope your little girl is going to be alright. Take care of yourselves. :^:

Have a strong day everyone. :)

JayTee
05-17-2011, 07:59 AM
MadamB--Yes, on the walk America let's count any mile that requires exercise to move us forward. Originally I wasn't thinking bikes, but let's do it and if we get to the Golden Gate Bridge more quickly than I anticipate then we can set a new destination.

To those participating in Walk America, let's say on Sundays we enter a simple post (-pounds lost for week/ pounds pledged for next week / #miles covered during week) with no personals. That way Sarge doesn't miss any vital info when he's adding things up. Obviously feel free to continue to write personals, just do it in a separate post. Thanks!

In one day alone it looks like we covered almost 32 miles yesterday. Not quite to the Maryland state line yet. This could get really interesting. While it's not necessarily true with this group, people tend to jump into challenges and then disappear. About halfway thru, we could find ourselves in alone in a cornfield, low on water, and with nothing to eat but leftover Jelly Beans!

HAVE A POSSIBLE DAY ALL!!!

Sarge

Kendrab1223
05-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all the well wishes for my little lady. She's currently sleeping on daddy so I get a mini break.

And sarge, I'm usually always up between 4:30-5:30 so I could eeeeeasily get first post most mornings :) I just find it entertaining to watch you guys fight for first post instead!

I managed to get half of my pilates in this morning but just wasn't feeling it because I'm so tired. I've drank 2 cups of 2 tea bag green tea and a huge sugar free red bull and I'm still not awake! I'm skipping my usual afternoon 30 day shred or bl cardio max and instead going to just do my walk today. I can't handle much more but really want to get at least something in. Maybe I'll shoot for two- two mile walks today or something.

Keep up the great work everyone :)

celrae
05-17-2011, 08:22 AM
In one day alone it looks like we covered almost 32 miles yesterday. Not quite to the Maryland state line yet. This could get really interesting. While it's not necessarily true with this group, people tend to jump into challenges and then disappear. About halfway thru, we could find ourselves in alone in a cornfield, low on water, and with nothing to eat but leftover Jelly Beans!

HAVE A POSSIBLE DAY ALL!!!

Sarge

The rain will never stop here.:p I will still get my walks in, just not motivated first thing. I will post my Sunday weight on Wed. morning before I leave, it feels weird missing a week. I have mapped so walks in the area I am traveling to they should be hard, lots of hills. I just hope I have time with all the family stuff.

Is anyone wearing a pedometer for this challenge? I walk a lot at my work.

kneed2lose
05-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Thanks everyone for the suggestions!! Ive never tried the stairmaster before because im always afraid im going to miss a step and come tumbling down, but i think im going to give it a shot today!

Yesterdays workout wasnt great....im on week 3 day 1 of C25k, and it was super difficult for me to get through it. I finished 2 miles on the treadmill and 1 on the elliptical. I came to the realization that my muscles are probably hurting because im low in iron...which would also explain my tiredness! So supplements it is!

Reso: that picture of your food literally made my stomach growl! it looked delicious!

Cheshire: Love the motivational poster!

Kendra: Aw hope your little girl feels better!

Hope everyone has a fierce day!!!

JayTee
05-17-2011, 11:34 AM
From Dancing with the Stars last night...

http://www.nickloper.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/success-comes-in-cans.gif

Like Kneed said, have a FIERCE DAY!

MadamButterfly
05-17-2011, 12:01 PM
How does that song go:

IMPOSSIBLE, IMPOSSIBLE . . .

THINGS ARE HAPPENING EVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVERY DAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

OK, so it was good in my head . . .

Late post, early morning walk another 4 miles . . . are we there yet????? LOLOLOLOLOLOL oh, I am funny

Reso: if you keep posting pics of stir fry, and turkey dinners you are gonna find me on your doorstep with a bottle of wine and drool coming out the side of my mouth :D . . . you are gonna make one woman VERY HAPPY!!!

Kendra: Oh sick kids are NO FUN . . . I too like to see the battle for first post . . .

Cheshire: Almost the first post, but the poster was definitely worth it!!!

celrae: Oh I should get a pedometer . . . I know another girl who wears one at work and some nights she walks 8-9 miles . . . in an 8 hour shift. Oh I hear you on the rain, that's all it did here for DAYS, but we are on day 3 of sunshine . . . if you run it will make you feel like a BAD A@@ (as Cheshire says) and it does!!!!

Kneed: Hang in there on the C25K, I think week 3 is when things started to click for me, ( I could feel my shoulders relax while I was running) . . . you can do it. Besides you need to get that Warrior Dash out of the way so you can fill me in for mine :D

Peanut, Peanut: Are you running stealth this week????

Chickadee: Hope you get some well deserved sleep!!

SARGE: how many rounds today??? hmmmmmmmmmm

OK, off to the showers and then to work early for a meeting!!

lucyford
05-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Hi guys....sorry I've been MIA. It's finals week. Eating is good but stress is high. Hoping to get out for a long run later. That's it for now but just wanted to let you all know I'm still here!

JayTee
05-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi Lucy! Keep working!

MadamB--So funny in both our heads. Seriously, I'm joining you at Reso's doorstep for the good lookin cookin! Maybe we'll walk back thru Canada on our trek! Love what you did with your siggy to keep track of miles trekked so I did same. Sarge going 3 rounds today if you count a 1 hr. tennis drill! No miles, but FUN! You're back in the 150's right?!?!?

Celrae--No pedometer here for me either...again, just a low-tech gal!

BTW, to all my fellow red teammates from the BL NY/NewYou Challenge...I hope we all have HUGE losses to report for our final weigh-in this Sunday! Keep pushing those last chance workouts! Out of something like 20-25 original teammates there are probably 6 of us left standing!

celrae
05-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Thanks MadamB- I will not be using a pedometer, just counting any exercise above normal activity. Part of what got me here in the first place was that I did not exercise regularly. I figured that I stood/walked 8-10 hours each day 6 days a week. I was tired when I got home, had a glass of wine ect. and I used that activity as an excuse not to do more.

Take care and let's work our BUT-ter off.;)

Resolute
05-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Been a busy day, worked, afterwards went and bought some tomato plants and some eggplants, proceeded to plant those and some potatoes, corn, cucumbers, green beans, a pumkin plant :D, some herbs and some flowers, started raining just as i finished which meant i had to walk in the rain, boo on that but good for everything i just planted.

Running behind right now, pretty tired tonight, having a large salad with brown rice, peas and onion topped with ginger beef, cals for today are right around 2500, was hoping for a wee bit lower but still not bad, could of used a drink this evening but remembered my promise, that and i had a candy craving i had to stymy.

All in all a day i will take in the grand scheme of things.

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/8140/1000974s.jpg

JayTee
05-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Quiet crew tonight...must be because we're all sober?!?!

Edit--More good looking cooking Reso! Beware MadamB showing up on your doorstep with a bottle of wine!

Resolute
05-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Quiet crew tonight...must be because we're all sober?!?!

Edit--More good looking cooking Reso! Beware MadamB showing up on your doorstep with a bottle of wine!

LOL, it's not that special, these are simple and quick meals that are fairly clean... but yeah i missed my drink tonight. :mad: Oh well i'll live. :)

It is quiet here today, yesterday was hoppin, must be dreary weather for everyone, overcast and gray skies sure do make me less outgoing, but i still push forward.

Hope everyone is doing fine.

peanutt
05-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Sorry I've been quiet ad stealthy. Not in a great headspace right now and won't be until I get to the doctor tomorrow. I haven't been able to run or do anything other than a bit of walking since Saturday morning and my body is craving the exercise. Have a great evening everyone and a pleasant hump day!

MadamButterfly
05-17-2011, 11:39 PM
Evening all,

Just a quick pop in to say Good Night

RESO: OH . . . YUMMY . . . getting on my bike in the AM and heading north for canada . . . LOLOLOLOL

SARGE: Yea, I'm in the 150's, barely and won't be changing the ticker until Sunday when I know it's going to stick . . . <sigh>

Peanut: :hug: just for you

Lucy: did you get that run in???

It is awfully quiet . . . hmmmmmm

Going to check the weather for tomorrow as I'm off and plan to put in some miles somewhere, some how!!!

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT EVERYONE!!!

chickadee32
05-18-2011, 04:25 AM
peanutt: I am a few days behind, but thank you for empathizing on the clothing frustration. I did try getting a pair of drawstring pants, but for some reason they don't work well on me! I think I'm afraid of clothes being too tight, and so I grow out of the ones that have a little room too quickly. Oh well, either way I only have to deal with this for a little while, as I intend to get to my goal and stay there. :D And on your most recent post... I must have missed the post about it, but I hope that whatever your doctor's appointment is for, you're doing ok. I hope you'll be feeling more relaxed after the appointment tomorrow, and will be able to get back to enjoying the exercise. :hug:

linalin: I hope your husband's homecoming will arrive soon, and I'm sure he's going to be amazed at your loss while he's been away!

MadamB: The bricks in your thighs is water!! And that's the reason the scale doesn't seem to be cooperating. If you do take that break, you'll probably see some of that water weight disappear. Maybe just walk in the meantime? I was advised to do that after I gave my quads too severe of a workout, and the walking definitely helped move the water out of my legs.

Sarge: Great idea on the mileage challenge! I'm really liking this one, and it will be great fun to see how far and how fast we go! AND, the path through MD takes us within 10 miles of my house! We'll pass it on the C&O Canal Towpath leg of the route. Who wants to stop in for a healthy dinner and some cocktails? :)

kneed: Any machine that gives you a good workout is a good one! I just do the treadmill, and I only walk on it, and not even that far... but I get a good workout because I walk briskly and on an incline, and I increase the incline and/or the speed every 5 minutes. My heart rate is up, and I sweat like crazy. :)

Kendra: I hope your daughter is ok!! Please let us know how she's doing when you get a chance. :hug:

Cheshire: Love the poster :D

celrae: Have a safe trip, and have fun on your walks while away!

lucyford: Good luck on your exams, and great job eating well through the stress! I know that can be really tough.

Resolute: Oddly, I *just* thought today, "I wonder how Resolute's plants are doing?" I'm weird, I know. :dizzy: Sounds like you had a good but busy day! Dinner looked yummy, and I agree with MadamB... you're going to make some woman really happy with that cooking! My husband asked me on Sunday if there was anything he could do to help me relax, and I told him that I'd love it if he could prepare something healthy for us for dinner. He laughed pretty hard, lol.

I've been busy so far this week with work, as I'm taking Thurs and Fri off due to my family visiting. I've been on plan with food and exercise though (2.2 miles today), and finally saw the scale move again this morning - down 1.8 lbs. :D I'm so close to being in the 210s and it has me really excited, which is great motivation to stay on-plan with food while eating out later this week! I'm really excited to have my family visit for a number of reasons, and one is that none of them have seen me since December when I was ~60 lbs heavier. I keep warning my mom not to expect that I'll look much different, but I hope the difference will at least be a little noticeable. :)

Ok, I'm finally off to bed. Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

Cheshirecat
05-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Humpy, hump, hump day!

Climb on up and get your blood pumping Platoon!

Run day for me. And eat my fruits and veggies!

Resolute
05-18-2011, 07:59 AM
Yucky hump day is yucky out, good day to stay inside working i guess.

Peanutt : Hope you are doing better and everything is fine. :^:

Chickadee : I'm sure your mom will notice, it's not easy to lose 60 pounds, congrats, you are making steady progress, it's amazing when you can just stick to the plan through thick and thin, it's mentally fatiguing but it does pay dividends every few days. :hug:

Not much time again for chat, i don't leave myself a whole lot in the mornings, do your best to make today another good day everyone, take care. :) Morning cheshire... Fruits and veggies for me today as well. :p

JayTee
05-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Peanutt-- :( on doc appt.! I hope you haven't injured yourself or something far worse! Please keep us posted!

Chesh-- Thought about you as I drove around on errands yesterday. I like this weeks theme...we're all doing THE POSSIBLE!

Chick -- Yes...the platoon would love to stop by for dinner along our Walk America! But, I don't think you have to make dinner, I'm thinking we're gonna put Reso in charge of all our meals along the way! I'm betting he can whip up some fancy grub over a campfire AND teach your husband!

MadamB--I think I'm going to agree with Reso. I'm beginning to think we all get really quiet over the weather the last few weeks. I'm truly beginning to hate this bit of spring teaser weather we get and then another four days of gray, wet, cold!!!!

By my estimations those of us walking should hit Chesapeake Bay in MD tomorrow to witness this beautiful sunrise...

http://www.tobinphoto.com/images/photos/chesapeake-bay.jpg

And here's a group photo...lol

http://chinamarine.org/Portals/0/us%20army/marchinwater.jpg

Happy Hump Day all ... Sarge off to gym to make more miles.

celrae
05-18-2011, 08:27 AM
chickadee-I think the clothing thing can be very frustrating I have been lucky so far and my clothes just fit better. What about shopping at a thrift store until you hit goal weight. Also, don't be afraid of form fitting clothes, with 60 pounds lost I bet you look great.

Sun. May 15th- 239.0
Wed May 18th- 237.4
Total loss 1.5 pounds

I got all my work business out of the way yesterday. Now it is time to clean house, pack, and get my walk in.

8 miles on walk across America.

JayTee
05-18-2011, 08:37 AM
REMINDER To those who signed up for The Biggest Loser Summer Challenge, don't forget to update or enter your starting weights by this Sunday! If they don't have the info, you won't be included.

To all the lurkers out there, there's still time to join The Biggest Loser Summer Challenge. Sign up by Sunday, 5/22, at this link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/232737-summer-2011-biggest-loser-challenge-sign-up.html

K3LL3Y
05-18-2011, 08:56 AM
Thanks Sarge for the BLC reminder.
It's been a rainy and dreary week yet somehow I find myself busier then usual.
Hope everyone is doing well. I'll try and do personals tonight.
Miles trekked so far this week = 9

MadamButterfly
05-18-2011, 09:09 AM
WACKY WEDNESDAY, WALKIN', WALKIN', WALKIN'

SARGE: LOVE THE PICS!!!!

Ok just a quickie (ok, my mind just went to the gutter) :o Legs feeling like they have bricks or not I can't stand just walkin' a few miles . . . I'm off work and it's gorgeous outside :sunny: . . . finally!!! Sorry Reso :( , but we've had our share of bad weather lately. So with little or no wind, sun shining bright and legs feelin' fat, I'm off on the bike to make sure we get to the Chesapeake Bay by the AM.

Chickadee: Thanks, I'm pretty sure it's water too, it's just been like this for a few weeks and is AGGRAVATING!!!

EVERY HAVE A HAPPY HUMPIN' KIND OF DAY . . .

pokeycactus
05-18-2011, 11:07 AM
The weather is even disgusting here today, which is pretty unusual for this time of the year. We're only at 65 degrees this morning, so I'm a little cold!

I still have company through the end of today and on top of that, I've been busy busy busy trying to get projects done. Only two weeks till my boxing and Biggest Loser classes start, woohoo!

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

jojotheyoyo
05-18-2011, 12:48 PM
REMINDER To those who signed up for The Biggest Loser Summer Challenge, don't forget to update or enter your starting weights by this Sunday! If they don't have the info, you won't be included.

To all the lurkers out there, there's still time to join The Biggest Loser Summer Challenge. Sign up by Sunday, 5/22, at this link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-challenges/232737-summer-2011-biggest-loser-challenge-sign-up.html

Hi Sarge, I just saw the "Trek" building up miles! I want to join! I will be reporting my miles with my weight etc. at the end of the week. I am still off the wine. It doesn't bother me as much as I thought. I have also given up anything with even a trace of sugar. (Almost everything has added sugar.)
...Interesting experiment. Started doing "Planks" too. Yippie!!!:dizzy:

lucyford
05-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Morning everyone. Finals have come and gone but I can't say the same for the stress. There is just so much going on right now. I never made it on the run last night...my fault. It was pouring rain and I was exhausted from spending all day in the library...so that just means I'm going to work twice as hard today. I'm going to get my run in and go to a pilates class. On top of all that SCRUB my house down. Weather permitting I'll head to the river with my doggy dog. Scale is actually on my side right now so my spirits are somewhat lifted. :)

celrae
05-18-2011, 01:33 PM
jojotheyoyo- Please post a pic of the "Planks" you are doing, I may add this to the squats and stairs.

Here is a link about sugar. WARNING may scare you.:devil:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17Sugar-t.html

11 miles walk across America

JayTee
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Quick pop on...

Hi Pokey & Lucy
Glad to have you join the walk Yoyo...I'll add you to the list in a bit

Celrae--look at you add up those miles... Also, here's a site with "planks" and other challenges on it. scroll down the challenges (they are all pretty tough). MadamGooey and I challenged each other to "walk the plank" a few weeks back and nearly killed ourselves. Have fun! http://www.youregoingtosweat.com/the_challenge.html

Sarge done with round 1 but gonna add two more "slow" walk miles later...

sizzlingina
05-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Sarge I also signed up for the BL challenge last week!
Aaaand you can count me in for the trekking challenge too. I walk 3 miles religiously everyday.. not much, but that's 21 miles a week! Once daughter is out of school on Friday, I plan on upping to 5 miles a day!

JayTee
05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Gotcha Sizzlin. Updated the pledge/goal board. Sorry I had missed you signing up for the BL challenge. Oh, I'm so happy the platoon is REPRESENTING!!!! Also added you to THE WALK! I love seeing all the progress we're making as a unit!

Sarge

kneed2lose
05-18-2011, 05:55 PM
*cricket**cricket* ....everyone must be having a busy week! its so quiet here lately!

So i stepped on the scale this morning and i was UP another pound..:(..and i ate super healthy yesterday and even only ate 1000 calories! I got so discouraged...im not sure if i hit a plateau...but this soon?? So far ive gained about 2 lbs this week. This always happens, i get under 200 and i am in limbo between 196-200 and i get discouraged and give up.
But this time is going to be different. (hopefully) Unfortunately, i think im going to have to stop my C25k regimen bc of my horrible shin splints. i changed up my workout today and did intervals on the treadmill...and felt a lot better! BTW I tackled the stair master and boyyyy was it hard! And i was only on it for 10 mins!

peanutt: Hope your doctors appt went ok! Keep us posted :hug:

chickadee: Ohhh Im sure your hard work is definitely going to pay off!! 60lbs makes a huge difference!! :)

Madam: hope you are taking advantage of ur fabulous weather! its so gloomy here today!

Sarge: that picture of all of us made me laugh out loud! i loved it...i literally pictures all of us trekking through the muddy waters. Ohhh and i thought you should knoww...yesterday after doing a cardio set at the gym, i thought well i need some more miles if i want to help everyone get across America...so i did another 4 miles....and it was all because of your motivational idea! =)

jojo: No sugar!!...everything seriously has sugar in it. Have you heard of the belly fat cure? its bascially low sugar/low carb, and you are allowed 15grams of sugar a day and 120 grams of carbs. I tried it for a week to kind of get me kick started and i dropped almost 5 pound in the first week. It becomes difficult though bc you cant eat much fruit =/ Ive started replacing regular sugar with Truvia now...and it tastes just the same!

Lucy: Hope finals went well!!

K3LL3Y
05-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi Everyone, I realized that I'm going to be away all weekend for a trip I had planned months ago. Being home from work has totally thrown off my mental calendar. Should I weigh in tomorrow or Monday morning when I get back?

JayTee
05-18-2011, 06:57 PM
K3--If you could weigh in/leave a pledge tomorrow that would be super! I don't recalle, but if you haven't entered your starting weight for the BL Challenge do that before you leave town too. The BL Challenge has more rules than Sarge does and I want a WINNER from the platoon so I'm gonna always be reminding you all!

Kneed -- Sorry you're frustrated with the scale but don't stress about it. You're still going strong AND NOT QUITTING!!!! So happy you enjoyed our "group photo." I laughed out loud when I found it this morning too! Those extra miles you put in will help in Warrior Dash too. BTW, shin splints happen to almost every new runner...there are plenty of things you can still do that takes stress off those legs for a few days. And yup! Stair machines kick a**, literally! :)

Sarge ate during "senior" hours today hoping to avoid starvation drool when Reso posts his dinner photo tonight! Hope all those on the Booze Free til Friday are sticking to it! Knowing you guys are suffering as much as me somehow makes it easier...lol.

MadamButterfly
05-18-2011, 07:00 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, VERY QUIET, especially for a HUMP YOUR BUTT-ER DAY . . .

K3: Personnally I'd weigh before I go, unless you're going hiking or biking or something like that.

OK, Biked 15 miles, mowed the yard, crunches and some digging in the garden. Made some Mexican green salsa and nopales (cactus), beans and cecina (very thinly sliced beef) OK, it's "REAL" mexican food tonight . . . WooHoo!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD ONE!!!

OK a quick edit: I REALLY, REALLY WANT A GLASS OF WINE!!! <sigh> I WILL BEHAVE <sniffle>

JayTee
05-18-2011, 07:07 PM
You guys are funny! Actually, we're way ahead on the chat and number of posts this week. We usually make it to the second Friday of a new thread before we hit 500 posts... and we're already at 230!

Nice mileage Gooey! You and Reso can be in charge of the Chuck Wagon on our walk!

jojotheyoyo
05-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Resolute said "make it happen and live your life the way you need to"!

I challenged my self with a crossfit type workout tonight. It was hot tonight and I kept a good pace, feels nice.:D
5 rep of 10 Air Squats
65 min walking
10 reps of walking up steep hill (took 10 min)
10 reps of church stairs
Total = 80 min workout

Here is the Plank you requested.

Resolute
05-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Actually cleared up today and has been sunny, work went well, got in my walk, ate pretty light today so i could splurge a bit tonight, stayed away from booze and candy again, tougher than i thought lately. :dizzy:

Oh well my evening meal was some homemade turkey and mostly vegetable soup out of the freezer, 2 pitas, one ham, mayo, parmesan, salt and pepper with tomato, the other chicken ceasar, a little left over rice with some of the chicken, a tiny bit of potato salad i cut with cottage cheese to stretch and lower the cals, plus my tea concoction Apricot splash, apple cinnamon, orange pekoe, green tea combo, with a dash of diet ginger ale, total cals today around 2400, will have to do.

You wouldn't believe how this forces me to be accountable for eating properly, having to show others what i'm eating, plus it makes me prepare something more satisfying and worthwhile. :dizzy: Weird the soup looks rather fatty but not really, the camera seems to pick up everything.

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/6783/1000976k.jpg

Kendrab1223
05-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Kneed- sorry about your scale battle but kudos to you for going strong and busting through this! The two other times I ever attempted to lose weight, I could NEVER make it lower than 152-155. Once again this time I got to the lower 150's and stayed there for a while and finally broke past them. DONT GIVE UP! The scale will eventually give in :) *hugs!!!!*

Madam- 15 miles? Wow! I wish I could do that!

K3- have fun on your trip!

I got in just over 5 miles today. I'm off to a late start for the week due to my little one being sick but I'll finish strong for the week! Thankfully sue didn't have to go to the hospital but we have to go back to the dr if she doesn't start improving. On top of being super sick, she's cutting two teeth! She never gets a break!

Do any of you do any of the Netflix instant streaming workouts? I do the weight loss pilates in the morning but want variety. Just wondering if any of you have any recommendations for the ones available?

Today was my first day this week giving 100% and staying on track for eating and exercising and it feels great to be back in my groove :) tomorrow WILL BE day 2 this week :)

Hope everyone has a good night!

chickadee32
05-19-2011, 12:20 AM
Evening all! I don't know what some of you mean about things being quiet around here... this thread seems pretty hopping to me! Everyone is busy exercising and eating well, and it's pretty great. :)

Sarge: It's his unwillingness to learn that's the issue! Sigh. Maybe some day; one can hope at least. LOL, love the group photo.

celrae: I know I should try a thrift store, but I have been hesitant to do so for some reason. I'm not sure why (maybe because I feel like I still have trouble finding things I like and that fit well in stores where I have a range of size options?). I'll have to look and see if I can find one nearby. :)

MadamB: I love your gutter mind, lol. Mine works the same way :o

jojo: Planks are TOUGH!! I do them every once in a while, and they kill me, lol. I need to make doing them a more regular practice.

lucy: It's odd, isn't it, that when the hectic time ends things still feel stressful? All the things you had to let slide while focused on the immediate priorities suddenly need to be handled, and it feels like there's no rest for the weary! I hope things settle down for you soon. :hug:

kneed: Your work is going to pay off as well!! I know the scale readings are discouraging, but don't let them get you down. This WILL pass, and you'll be back to moving down steadily again soon. And, don't feel bad if you need to stop C25K for the time being... I had shin splints as well and was really struggling with the program, but eventually realized that giving it up wasn't failure. I still exercise and still push myself, I just do different activities. And one day I'll try running again. :)

Resolute: Posting my food REALLY helps me with accountability as well. Since the end of January I've posted my daily food intake in a thread in the Calorie Counters forum, and doing so definitely helps to keep me not just from going over my calorie limit (or being below 1200 too often) but also makes me feel greater "pressure" to eat well, get my veggies and fruits in, etc. I'm glad posting the photos here is turning into a useful tool for you. :)

Kendra: Glad your daughter didn't need to go to the hospital! I hope she's doing better soon. And congrats on being back on track!! It's always a great feeling to regain control and get back to routine. :)

My family is showing up early tomorrow, and so it's going to be a short night's sleep again, gah. I'm also worried about finding time for exercise while they're here (my mom tends to cram as many activities as possible into her visits here, so it's always exhausting), but at least I know we'll be doing plenty of walking. I am determined to keep food 100% on track though. :)

Hope everyone has a great day tomorrow!

K3LL3Y
05-19-2011, 06:44 AM
Checking in before my trip south. First 'beach' weekend of the year.
I have lost 1.5 lbs this week and I will pledge another 1 lb for next week.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and success on their goals. I'll be back late Sunday night to try and catch up with all you chatterboxes. :D

Kendrab1223
05-19-2011, 06:50 AM
Chickadee- you'd be surprised what you can find at thrift stores (or yard sales if you have time!)! By being frugal and buying second hand I'm able to buy whenever my clothes get loose AND wear brands I couldn't otherwise afford (or rather feel okay with shelling out the money for). I even do that with my kids clothes and their closets look like department stores with all the clothes they have (it's hard not to buy clothes for them when I find the "expensive" brands for .25 each item haha). I'd definitely give it a try! :)

I'm off today to search for a Hawaiian shirt for my son for his pre-k graduation (apparently their doing Hawaiian theme) an then treating myself to ea sports active 2 for the kinect :)

Have a great day everyone!

Cheshirecat
05-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Oh glorious Thursday. Day before Friday. It's nice to see you.
It's going to be a long day, but that's okay.

I got in 3.5 miles yesterday. Yay!

Jojo-Planks are awesome! You can modify them and there are so many things you can do with them. They really are a great exercise.

Kneed-Oh yes the devious shin splints. How I loved...no wait...loathed them. I think every new runner has to have them...it's an initiation of ways. LOL But do you what you have to as long as you keep moving! Intervals on the treadmill are great. I use to do them all the time.

K3-Have fun at the beach!

I have a walk planned and then something..I don't know what that something will be...a video of some sorts probably.

Ok, I'm off to the wide world of possible.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_RrnL_8zq794/S-GMvg2RazI/AAAAAAAAAZQ/qLA-uiKfLkw/anything_is_possible__via_artfiles.art.com.jpg

(yes, my username is from the book)

JayTee
05-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Peanutt -- Report in...we're worried about you!

Chesh--gosh, you're good. I wish I could be a kid in your classroom.
Let's see, 6 impossible things I'll believe before breakfast...
1) That my scale reports I've reached goal weight by this Sunday!
2) That my daughter graduates a semester early, getting her safely off a campus in a not-so-great neighborhood that much sooner (and saving me much $$$)
3) That the price of gas drops below $2 per gallon.
4) That my son keeps at his weight loss program.
5) That we find Reso a soul mate
6) That it's already 5pm Friday and that drink I've been wanting all week is in my hand.

Wow, that's a lot of possible "impossible!"

Kendrab--I wanna go Hawaiian shirt shopping with you. I miss all those things you get to do with little ones.

Chick--Stay on plan with the food and enjoy your Mom (if you can...lol). Toting around and fussing over house guests will probably still make you drop a pound.

K3--Nice loss! Enjoy the beach...I think you're the first one headed there. Yes, it's another (insert expletive) chilly, gray day here in Chicago!

To my fellow walkers---Chesapeake Bay weather today is overcast, low 70's, 75% chance of T-storms & flash flood advisories! We gonna be muddie buddies today!

---------------------------------
Just moving the pledges up where I can find them again & updating:

VickieL= 2 (OR ELSE!)
Kendrab = 2
K3 = 1 /// (-1.5)
Lucyf = 1
Chickadee = 2
Bnhtla = 2
Sizzlin = 1
Kneed = 2.5
Dreamer = 2
Peanutt = 1.5
MadamB= .5
Chesh = 1
Courtney = 2

Newbies
aally =
tmil = 2

Maintainers

Platoon Goal for week = 28.5

Vacation:
Celrae = 4 (by 5/29)

K3 = 1
VickieL= 2

5,048 MILE VIRTUAL TREK ACROSS AMERICA: Sarge, Pokey, Kneed, Celrae, K3, Kendrab, Chickadee, Reso, Cheshire, MadamB, Yoyo, Sizzlin

Signed up for next BL Summer Challenge/Red Team: Peanutt, Pokey, Dreamer, Celrae, Bnhtla, Kendrab, Kneed, K3, TMil, Courtney, Sizzlin

Long & Short Term goals:

Pokey -- 5K / July 4th

MadamButterfly
05-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Everyone is UP AND AT 'EM this morning . . . WOOHOO!!!

Reso: Glad the skies turned sunny for you . . . it makes such a difference.

K3: Jealous here . . . but have a GREAT time at the beach

Jojo; glad you found the pics of the plank

Peanut: As SARGE said: We're worried about you!!!!

Kendra: Don't be impressed by 15 miles (on a bike) it's really not that much

Chickadee: DIRTY MINDS think alike . . . :rofl:

Pokey: Where are you???? Did you and Peanut head to the bar??? huh, huh???

Sizzlin; way to up the miles with daughter in tow :)

Kneed: hang in there, I've been fighting the scale for 2 months now and I better win this weekend or I'm gettin' the shotgun out !!!!!

OK, plan for the next few days:
Today: I'm off for another bike ride, crunches, then to work
Friday: Repeat Week 4, Day 3 of C25K, crunches, then to work (if this goes OK, then I'll start week 5 on Sunday or Monday
Saturday: I work 7 am til 9:30, so I think just crunches, and sometimes the scale is nicer to me when I take an easy day before weigh in
Sunday: Work early, then C25K or a bike ride . . . we'll have to wait and see

SARGE: that is a LOT of POSSIBLE, IMPOSSIBLES. Also for the final BL weigh-in . . . do we weigh in on the Red team weigh-in thread or somewhere else???? I want to make sure I put it in the right place <sigh>

OK, FRIDAY is ALMOST here, hang in there Sarge. I'm off to ride the bike, sunny again this AM :D

JayTee
05-19-2011, 09:33 AM
MadamB---Re: BL final weigh in on the original weigh-in thread...but it wouldn't hurt to also post it, discuss in the purple thread as a "nice" gesture to celebrate successfully crossing the finish line. ;)

Sarge off to put in the miles...

pokeycactus
05-19-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm here!!! Just buried by work...someone come dig me out!!!

I'm up to only 7.5 miles this week, but plan on logging more! We are going north to my inlaws this weekend, so I'll be running outside and walking as much as possible on Saturday and Sunday.

I hope everyone is doing well! I miss chatting with you guys...now I have to run off to another big-girl grownup meeting :p

MadamButterfly
05-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Just a quick check in:

Biking done: 16.5 miles
Crunches: 400

Pokey: So glad you're OK, I was thinking while I was biking and thought: What if she fell in the pool AGAIN and hubby wasn't around to pull her out :yikes:

Sarge: Thanks, good idea to post in both places, then I'm covered.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY

Weather update: Now cloudy and windy here . . . UGH!!

JayTee
05-19-2011, 12:24 PM
MadamB-- More "quickies!" ... forgot to mention yesterday that Sarge was obviously right there in the the gutter with you!

Pokey -- Bringing shovel a.s.a.p.! BTW, love your new logo in avatar area, "writer. often pantsless!" I feel a new round of pants on the ground coming on.

To those trekking, keep adding up those miles. Every mile is gonna help us get out of the flash flood zone we're currently mucking thru!

later platoon...

VickieLou
05-19-2011, 02:57 PM
Sarge I haven't been reporting in much lately. Going out of town this weekend. But Monday will get back to calorie counting. My goal for next week 5/22 - 5/29 is to lose 2 LBS. I will update my weight on Monday for 5/17 - 5/22. I got to the gym today and trained with my trainer. I have to quit working out with my trainer soon. We are buying a house and it's expensive for training lessons. I have belonged to alot of gym's over the years, so I know what I have to do to lose weight. Now, if I could just get tougher with my eating plan I might lose some weight. Good Luck, Platoon!
Let's melt some Butt-er!

JayTee
05-19-2011, 08:13 PM
VickieL--I'll put you down for 2 next week, but good luck on your out of town adventures this weekend. Weigh in on Monday doesn't work well for me AT ALL!.

Yay! Tomorrow is Friday...can't wait for cocktail hour!

Cheshirecat
05-19-2011, 08:48 PM
Evenin' Platoon.

I just got back from walking 4.5 miles. A very pleasant walk. Took my Ipod with me, which is fun since I don't usually use it during runs.

I'm up to 11 miles this week to add to our trek. Another 4 planned for Saturday.

Just waiting for the husband to get home to eat. My tummy is rumbling---
Hmm...what is Reso having for dinner tonight?

JayTee
05-19-2011, 08:58 PM
Yeah Reso, we hikers are hungry. What grub you cooking up for us on the chuck wagon tonight?
http://www.cowgirlu.net/Portals/6/chuck%20wagon%20cook_med.jpg

peanutt
05-19-2011, 09:06 PM
Hey platoon! All is well in peanuttland. Thanks for thinking of me and I'm sorry to have worried you. I was struck this week with just how far I still have to take my body to be considered healthy. I cannot imagine how extremely unhealthy I was 10 months ago. If my blood pressure is what it is now, how much damage did I do to my body over all those years of fat and salt and no exercise? Anyways, if anyone ever needs some motivation to keep on doing what you're dng, just head to the doc for a physical. :)