Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 08:52 PM   #16  
Living the Life

Checking in for the night. Love all the energy everyone has.

Way to go being Bad A@@ MadamB! Whooo. Oh yeah, welcome to the world of runners. We are all a little crazy here!
I could have used some of your weather. It was a hot run for me. 85 degrees and I felt it. But it was a good run.

Reso-Where are you hiding man? You didn't go for one of your long walks and get lost, did you?! (Ha, we were typing at the same time. HI!)

Pokey-Nice job with the run! Good luck with the two classes! You are definitely going to do some butt-er melting with all that!

Lucy-130 minutes--awesome!

This orange pork sounds good. I think that it will be on my menu Wednesday.

I got a watermelon yesterday shopping and have been munching on it waiting for the husband to get home. Win.

Last edited by Cheshirecat; 05-09-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #17  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Lookit Reso in a new decade! Gooooodbye 220s! I'm glad you took it easy for a few days and got a nice scale result from that rest.

Just got back from my first run of week 8 (28 minutes!) and I'm pooped. It's very warm here today...well, warm for us. It's about 20C right now and I didn't realize that the warmer weather would take so much more out of me during my run. Also got a bit of a tan starting up. Feeling great now though and about to dive into some healthy and spicy turkey chili for dinner with a Corona on the side. Sorry guys, but I can't resist a nice cold beer on one of the only summery days we've had this year!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #18  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
Linalin -- Still wanting to burn extra energy. Pick a challenge from this site: (it'll get rid of that extra energy): http://www.youregoingtosweat.com/the_challenge.html

Reso-- Did I call you by your full name recently?!?!? I wasn't mad! So happy for that 3lb WOOSH you got from taking it easy. Way to monitor things so you don't burn out!
Yes, i'm sorry i was so down.

peanutt: Awww, thanks peanutt Can't blame you for partaking on a sunny day, it's been horrible, raining and overcast here for days, hope we get some of your weather.

Cheshire : Miss me ? I'm just trying to ease off a little bit for a while, been lurking around, need to make that orange pork as well, especially with everyone talking about it. In the past i've warned others not to burn themselves out by trying/pushing to hard, was exactly what i was beginning to do.

P.S Wow i'm 20 pounds from onederland, OMG... At one time i never thought it even possible.

Last edited by Resolute; 05-09-2011 at 09:25 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #19  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Had a nice day with Hubby. Tomorrow is our Anniversary but he has to work so we celebrated with a giftcard to Outback Steakhouse from my Sis.

Reso, good job on the loss!

Pokey, Kbox Bootcamp sounds like fun! Enjoy both classes.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

I gotta get me some of Pokey's water. I'm feeling like a dud. I started week 5 today and holy cardiac arrest, Batman! I don't think I'm ready. I toughed out a Jillian Michaels eFit workout to avoid feeling like a total failure, but I couldn't do the run today. How big a wimp would I be if I decided to repeat week 4?
Old 05-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #21  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnhtla06 View Post
I gotta get me some of Pokey's water. I'm feeling like a dud. I started week 5 today and holy cardiac arrest, Batman! I don't think I'm ready. I toughed out a Jillian Michaels eFit workout to avoid feeling like a total failure, but I couldn't do the run today. How big a wimp would I be if I decided to repeat week 4?
Not wimpy at all!! If you're not ready, then repeat the week 4. No failure!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:41 PM   #22  
Writer. Often pantsless.

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnhtla06 View Post

Do it! I'm a repeater and felt better repeating a week than possibly injuring myself and not being able to run at all. No matter what, you're running! I feel pretty awesome just with that.

Reso, friend, I've MISSED you! Congratulations on breaking into a new decade, I'm really happy for you!

I'm here to say the orange pork is AMAZING. Flavorful, tender, low cal and YUMMY. I made steamed green beans and sprinkled just a touch of bleu cheese and toasted walnuts on top. Whoa good!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:58 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 220/220/145

Height: "5'7.5

Just wanted to check in and let you know I won't be checking in until my computer comes back from the doctor -- I think finals week killed it -- stole my brother's netbook for this... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYBODY AND I WILL SEE YOU NEXT WEEK (hopefully).
Old 05-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #24  
Maintaining Mommy

S/C/G: 280/128/<135

Height: 5' 4.5"

OMG, a new thread already?!? Chatty cathies we are!

Went out to dinner tonight for my MIL's birthday, and knew it would be a big meal and I would want to have wine, and so I ate very little during the day (240 cals before dinner) in preparation. I am happy to have stayed within my calorie range as a result. However, the two glasses of wine definitely made me a little buzzed, and so that made the treadmill interesting tonight. I had plenty of energy from all the protein at dinner though, and was happily singing along (silently) to my music. I missed the gym so.much.

A happy kind-of-scale victory today: I realized I met a goal that I had forgotten about. A year and a half ago my gift to my sister for her 30th birthday was skydiving for her and a friend (tandem jump). She really wanted me to be the one to go with her, but my weight was too high for us to have gone together (the weight limit was 230 lbs, and my weight meant we would've had to go up in separate planes). I was very sad and ashamed, and my mom went with my sister instead. They had a great time (despite my sister passing out after the parachute opened! ), and my sister said she wanted to go again some time, this time with me. I thought at the time that it would probably never happen, because I'd never manage to lose the weight. I hadn't thought about it in a while, but for some reason it came to mind today and I realized that I could totally go with her now! What a great feeling that is.

Also, while at the doctor's office today (my husband had an appt), I had the receptionist pull my file so that I could look at my weight trend over the past 11 years. My present weight is the lowest I've been in more than 9 years.

OK, enough of my rambling.

Pokey: The classes sound great! I hope you have a lot of fun with them. (the 6am thing would kill me, lol. I am NOT a morning person!!!)

MadamB: Productive day!! Hope you enjoyed relaxing this evening.

Resolute: YAY!!! I am so thrilled for you!!! And I'm totally glad you gave your body some of the rest it was craving. I'm thinking you might still whoosh some more the rest of this week - you are going to be at onderland in no time! And the Reso/Resolute thing was adorable, btw.

Cheshire and peanutt: Way to go on the runs even in the hot weather! You dedication is inspiring... I feel like I would be less motivated to exercise without the temperature-controlled gym, lol.

penguin: Happy Anniversary!! Hope you had a great time tonight.

bnhtla: Definitely not a wimp repeating a week! Not at all! Great job continuing to push through it to the degree that your body can handle - that IS an accomplishment.

pintamino: Hope we see you back soon!

OK, that's as far back as I can see in the post history on the reply page, so that's as far as I'm getting with personals tonight. Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!
Old 05-10-2011, 12:49 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeycactus View Post
Do it! I'm a repeater and felt better repeating a week than possibly injuring myself and not being able to run at all. No matter what, you're running! I feel pretty awesome just with that.

Reso, friend, I've MISSED you! Congratulations on breaking into a new decade, I'm really happy for you!

I'm here to say the orange pork is AMAZING. Flavorful, tender, low cal and YUMMY. I made steamed green beans and sprinkled just a touch of bleu cheese and toasted walnuts on top. Whoa good!
Just a quick pop in, thanks Pokey You sure are strong mentally lately, so glad life is rolling you six's, making me hungry though, your meal sounds delish.

Chickadee: It's good that life is leveling out for you, congrats on your NSV's. And great job on managing the calorie intake.

Penguin : Happy Anniversary.

Off to dream land i go.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #26  
Living the Life

It's Morning Time!

Grab your sneakers and go sweat it out Platoon!
I have my walk with my co-workers and then I think I going to hit the iron! LOL....maybe only like 5 lbs worth of iron---but iron.

Penguin-Happy Anniversary.

Chickadee--That is a definite WIN! Great job being your lowest weight and realizing that you are taking control of your life.

Bnt-Definitely go ahead and repeat the week. It can't be wimpy if you are still getting out there and doing it!

Reso-Glad to see you are still lurkering around with us. Good that you are taking care of yourself. Less then 20 lbs...that's an awesome feeling. Great job.

Okay, Platoon, make it happen today!
Old 05-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #27  
Getting There!

S/C/G: 228/ticker/155

Height: 5'6"

I was good yesterday. Got my running in, did about an hour of gardening and another of house cleaning. I did not cave in and am sticking to no alcohol during the week. Up early and getting started before the rain comes in. I'm going to go get my 2.5mi walk in. (I'm following everyones advice and not trying to run two days in a row when just starting out)
Hope you all have a lovely day.

Chickadee - Congrats on the huge milestone. You should be very proud of yourself.
Reso- Sometimes the body just needs rest days. Congrats on dropping the extra pounds.
bnhtla- I would repeat the week if you don't feel ready for the longer runs. The whole point is to get out there and keep going. Keep up the good work.

Okay I'm off, Going to make my goal this week
Old 05-10-2011, 07:47 AM   #28  

Just a quick good morning to everyone, have a nice day.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:29 AM   #29  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

GOOOOOD MORNING PLATOON! HOPE ALL THOSE ENERGETIC FIRES CONTINUE TO BURN TODAY!!

Just a quick catch-up...

Chickadee--You're like the BL show this season, ready to bungee and skydive!

Penquin--Happy Anniversary

Reso--I woke this morning thinking that I could even change your name a bit further by changing one letter to your alter emotional self...Remo??? You know Sarge would miss you if you disappeared! BTW, serious CONGRATS on entering a new decade!

Peanutt -- You continue to be so awesome. Not only are you a consistent voice of reason, but I'm always drawn to that skinny shadow avatar of yours. You're like this gentle, wafting, inner challenging voice, "... c'mon, get out there, you know you can..."

K3--You signed up for BL Challenge (but go back and edit your post to request Red team if you want to hang with the others in the platoon unless of course you want to get away from them...hahaha). Sarge would love to see someone from the platoon take the next title!

Pokey & Bnhtla-You win funniest posts of the night. My mind started combining the posts regarding "Pokey water," "pork," and that you were a C25K "repeaters" like re-peat offenders...and "holy cardiac arrest..."

OK gang, time to lace up those bad a**, can o'wup-a** combat boots and hit the gym. It's TURBO TUESDAY 2-A DAY here and time to wave good-bye to our butt-ery fat:

Sarge

Last edited by JayTee; 05-10-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:33 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 252/225/180

Height: 5'9

Ok these are my mental stumbling blocks. Saying them out loud should help.Wisdom welcomed.

1. Husband has lost his weight quickly and is almost at goal. We work separate plans (positive I don't depend on him to keep me on track). Down side is I am frustrated when I hear his numbers.

2. Already plotting my workout routine for my next 6 weeks that starts June 1st. Problem is I am over thinking it. Already worried about taking a cross fit class and failing. Currently I have been walking and doing stairs, would like to add more.

3. I am excited about my new habits and want to share them with friends. I have invited them to workout with me and I have had mixed feedback. The effort of organizing an exercise date has been more trouble than it is worth. I think it would be best to keep my mouth shut.
Closed Thread