Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 108/105.8/60 kgs

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Weight loss over winter

So it's coming up to winter here in Australia, and my diet is in serious trouble.
I'm avoiding the gym, skipping walks, and I'm starting to crave junk food, comfort food, soups, potatoes, etc in large quantities.

My weight is starting to go up, I'm sluggish and uninspired in general, just sitting at the computer all day vegging out and not doing anything. It might even be the early stages of depression or SAD.

What can I do to stop the downward slump? I've done so well so far, but my food just isn't satisfying me, obviously.
sonickel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

What way of eating have you been following? Maybe it's time to change up to something else. I've never had cravings, per se, but South Beach helped me smooth out blood sugar crashes, which can trigger cravings in some people. And are you getting enough sunlight, especially early in the day, to stimulate serotonin? Personally, after 2 winters in the northern hemisphere, with big family holidays, I've come to look at winter as a time to consolidate progress and practice maintenance habits. I lose some, but not as much as I do during summer. Don't give up!
lillyw is offline   Reply With Quote