South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-09-2011, 09:32 AM   #1  
New Beacher!

S/C/G: 174/154/125

Height: 5' 4"

Default Does anyone make their own sausage or ground meats etc?

I was just gifted the meat grinder attachment for my kitchen aid mixer (it's used but I'm SUPER excited because it was FREE!)

Does anyone here use a meat grinder to make thier own sausage or ground meats? Any tips or recipe suggestions? or maybe grind other things other than meat?
KicknKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #2  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

I have a kitchen aid meat grinder, always buy roasts on special and grind the meat for ground and sometimes grind veal and pork for meatloaf. Make sure you clean the meat well of all the stringy stuff before you grind. After you grind the meat run a few slices of bread, until you see bread coming out it makes the clean up so much easier.
take care
Sophie
sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #3  
New Beacher!

S/C/G: 174/154/125

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie View Post
I have a kitchen aid meat grinder, always buy roasts on special and grind the meat for ground and sometimes grind veal and pork for meatloaf. Make sure you clean the meat well of all the stringy stuff before you grind. After you grind the meat run a few slices of bread, until you see bread coming out it makes the clean up so much easier.
take care
Sophie
oh thank you! I never thought of that.. I don't have the manual so I'm sort of flying blind.
KicknKnit is offline   Reply With Quote