AngelD
derangedhulahoop
Lupin
Takingcontrol
Georgeshair
Jro1989
hopefulchick
Peacock Princess

Hello all! Thought this would be a nice place to chat about our progress and support each other before those weigh ins on the weekend.

I was hoping to lose a bit more weight for the starting weight weigh in, but my boyfriend was visiting and we ate a lot of junk food =/. My Mum also cooked us some massive fatty meals too, no good!

She told me this morning though that she was back on to the healthy meals (she's been battling with her weight for most of her life too, but tends to relapse quite often =/) so I'm hoping this week will be a good week for me. Going to stay consistent with my running and ab/strength work outs and week right.

Hope you are all having a great day!

Peacock Princess
05-09-2011, 08:33 AM
I have just weighed myself at Boots. In a world of pain! 15st 6lb with BMI of 36. To make matters worse, the machine speaks out loud telling you what to do. Ok it does not scream out your weight but by telling you what to do it means people find your corner of Boots very interesting!!

takingcontrol
05-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi all,

Riestrella, hope you had a fab weekend, and good luck for your on plan week. That's really helpful that your mum is trying to lose weight too. Are you following a plan or doing it yourself?

Peacock, I'm scared of those machines! But well done you for making the first step of your journey this time around and getting on the scales, it can often be the hardest part when you're getting (back) on the wagon! Good luck!

Well, I need to have three on plan days here, as I'm in London Thursday and Friday so I know I'll be breaking some rules then,so I've GOT to have three good days! All good so far today, but evenings are the killer for me. I was going to go to the park and do some walk/running intervals but it's absolutely peeing it down so that's out of the window, need to workout some aerobic exercise to do at home. Meh!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday :) x

takingcontrol
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Just thought I'd add an introduction, everyone else please feel free to do the same (obviously omitting any info you don't feel comfortable sharing)

Most Recent NSV: I haven't had any real victories for a while because I've been kind of slacking! But, it's just lovely being back in the UK (after three years living in Thailand) and not feeling like the fat one anymore, being able to shop and enjoy clothes, and it's only going to get better, yeh!

Weight Lose Goal for the Challenge: 12lbs (2lb a week, would love to aim higher but I've got to be realistic, this is so much harder here than it was abroad)

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Daily exercise or activity, NO excuses at least 6 days a week. Making good food choices, recording slip ups, not going all out crazy binging at all. Stick to food plan I write up at the beginning of each week.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I'm finding life in general quite tough here! I've got a couple of days in London at the end of this week and just general socailising. But I will learn how to stay in control, I will!

chickalee
05-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Good luck everyone...here is a bit about me.......

I'm 27 and always been a big girl I don't ever remember being less than a size 14. I started the journey 29th April and lost 7 lb so far. I'm quite doubtful that I will lose a lot but I'm definately going to do my best.

I plan on calorie counting and trying to eat about 1200 calories per day. I am struggling with this though because I'm not actually a big eater but a junk eater, so on some days I eat under 1000. I'm trying to eat more but get full up so quickly.

I also plan on walking daily (I'm too embarrassed to run in public at this weight). I'm not sure how much I should be walking but I guess I'll just give up when my body tells me to.

So thats a bit about me.....I hope to get to know you all soon!!! :)

marie81
05-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Hi everyone

Im erm...... 29 well only for another 3 months (booo sob... its so unfair) lol

I am trying to fit some exercise in to my stupidly busy life, I get up at 4:45am go to work where I dont eat to much but drink 3 or 4 skinny hazelnut latte, and loads of coke, normally diet but when I start flagging I have full fat coke :( I get home around 8pm have a large meal, a few beers or a couple of glasses of wine. Monday to friday.
you can see where my problem is!!
I am going to walk to the station instead of getting a cab, it takes 20mins to walk cut out the fat coke and eat smaller meals through out the day rather then one big meal.

today I havent done to well and its only the 1st day BUT tomorrow will be a good day.

Takingcontrol - your going to love London where abouts are you going to? im west london, you cant beat Soho for a wicked night out or a lovely stroll along the south bank at waterloo with cocktail's in the royal festival hall. ohhhh dont forget shopping at westfields in shepards bush.
As you can tell I love my town :)

Peacock, that must have been awfull for you did it shout out your weight? bloody things should be more discrete.

Riestrella - thanks for setting this up its a really good idea. does your mum help you on your diet? my husband tries but he feels the need to feed me.

Anyway good luck chicks, hope we all lose and we are all the BIG losers :)

xxx

HoneyWobBear
05-10-2011, 06:56 AM
So is weigh in day every Monday ??????????:?::?::?::?:

Riestrella
05-10-2011, 07:55 AM
Peacock Princess: Oof! You're a brave soul for daring a very public weigh in! I remember there was this scale at a mini golf course (why? I do not know) and my boyfriend hopped on it and then asked me to and I just walked away! Hah! But now it's time to do something about it, and the fact that you're here means something! =)

takingcontrol: Yeah, I work at really peculiar hours and it's always different each week. My Mum plans the meals for every day of the week, so I need to start butting in there and making some meals of my own! But until then I'll appreciate a cooked meal for me!
Have fun in London! I know what you mean about the rain, but sometimes running in it isn't so bad. Saying this, I use it as an excuse not to go out! Have you tried Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred? It's a really good at home work out, I use it all the time when I can't be bothered running!
How was Thailand?! That's amazing that you lived there! I'm hoping to live in Japan for a year very soon!

chickalee: I know what you mean about running, is there anywhere where you could run away from roads? I run along a canal, usually only other exercisers down there so I don't mind. Don't be embarrassed about running, it shows that you're starting to make a change and I only ever respect bigger people who are out running!

marie81: Where do you work? That sounds like a hectic schedule! Coke is the devil for me, I used to be addicted to it (had full on mood swings and the shakes when I came off it!) so I understand your dilemma. There's an interesting article somewhere that says stay well away from Diet Coke - one of the ingredients dehydrates you so you actually feel like you want more! Might as well go for full fat or Coke Zero! Coke Zero was actually quite good when I was trying to get off it, because it was alright tasting but after a while I got sick of it and just switched to water or orange.
A 20 minute walk a day would do wonders in your situation!
My Mum has always been on and off dieting most of her life. She's very much mother hen and likes to cook for everyone, but since knowing that I really want to lose weight she's been inspired to get back onto the healthy meals so that's why she's brought them back in. My "diet" consists of no pop, no chocolate, no generic snacking and sticking to 3 meals. I'm going to get a cook book when I get paid, it's called Hungry Girl and it's full of recipes that are guilt free but are meant to be really tastey. It's really well reviewed, and it has a lot of breakfast/lunch recipes that I want to try out!

HoneyWobBear: Weigh ins for the challenge are every Saturday/Sunday.

I'll use takingcontrol's idea of introducing a little bit about me!

Weight Loss Goal for the Challenge: 6 lbs. My overall goal is to lose 1 lb a week, so at the bare minimum it's 6 lbs for me!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Being extremely consistent with exercising and cutting down on snacks. Easter chocolate is still looming around...

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome: I work at a cinema, and my hours are always randomised so I use that as an excuse to not exercise some days (because I'm working later, want to make the most of my time off by relaxing etc - all excuses!) It also means that I get 40% off of all the food...sometimes it's really hard to not buy a Costa sandwich and a large Pepsi for super cheap =(.

I also have a boyfriend who is coming to visit so I can finish editing his 3rd year Uni film - means I might be staying up later than normal so I'm going to try hard to not succumb to energy drinks to keep me going. Also, we're terrible influences on each other - we tend to get snacks and takeaways. Since I talked to him about my weight and the fact I'm obese, he's been supportive. The last time he was here we weren't terrible but we weren't good either, so I'm hoping next time we can be good!

If anyone is interested in reading a bit more about the struggles I've had with my weight, feel free to read this page on my diet blog. Saves me the hassle of explaining it all again and also it's a bit of shameless self promotion! Thank you <3 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet-blogs/riestrella/the-war-with-my-body/)

Peacock Princess
05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
Marie 81 - Nope it didn't shout out my weight - Thank goodness. Thanks everyone for your support. It is only day 2 and a bit of a struggle. Ah well...

wana wear a bikini
05-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Not doing too well myself so far, came down with a nasty cold on Sunday (which I'm blaming on the rapid switch from winter to summer here in Sweden) so exercise is out till I get over that. But hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow.

I'm really hoping to lose at least 10lbs in this challenge, I'm going to a big family event in England at the end of the 6 weeks and I'm sick of going home and feeling ashamed that I put on weight since last time...

Riestrella, I lived in Japan last year before i moved to Sweden - it's got to be my favourite place ever, you'll love it. Japanese food, mmmmmmmmmmm......

belmagick
05-10-2011, 01:24 PM
Hey everyone, about time I took a break from revision and jumped in.

Some stuff about me:

Location: Durham, Durham while I'm at uni, othertimes it's Berkshire.

Weight loss goal for the challenge: 6 Ibs of fat that stays off forever!

Battle Plan for Reaching BL Challenge Goal: Eat healthily and exercise whenever I can, I actually really enjoy the break my daily run gives me so I hope I don't quit that.

Particular Challenges/Upcoming Temptations that You are Working to/or Planning to Overcome:
Unfortunately, I'm stuck doing revision because I have exams in three weeks so really I'm hoping that studying isn't going to drive me to the fridge. I survived my dissertation already and managed to lose weight, but now I'm sitting revising, the muffin cravings are kicking in. I just keep trying to remind myself that I know I can do this.

The hard part will be when exams finish and everyone wants to go out partying and celebrating. Oh and barbecue season.

Riestrella
05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
wana wear a bikini: Wow! What was your experience like? Were you there teaching English? Know much Japanese? Really excited about living there!! Hope it all works out.

belmagick: Oy...3rd year Uni weight for me was a KILLER. Congratulations on making it through your dissertation! I gained SO MUCH WEIGHT during dissertation, I was eating takeaways, a massive bag of Sensations, Galaxy chocolate and swigging it all down with either Coke or Relentless. Bad times.

If you love running, stick to it! Revision is a biatch, but taking a break is sometimes beneficial because it gives your mind time to absorb the information you just looked over. Good luck with everything!

wana wear a bikini
05-11-2011, 08:10 AM
My time in Japan is pretty much the highlight of my life, I loved it. I wasn't teaching, mostly travelling mixed in with farm work. If I could do it all over again, I absolutely would. Feel free to PM me if you like, don't want to clog up the message boards with Japan info!

I graduated 4 years ago and still haven't lost my dissertation weight :( Hopefully that's about to change.

Riestrella
05-11-2011, 08:21 AM
My time is Japan is pretty much the highlight of my life, I loved it. I wasn't teaching, mostly travelling mixed in with farm work. If I could do it all over again, I absolutely would. Feel free to PM me if you like, don't want to clog up the message boards with Japan info!

I graduated 4 years ago and still haven't lost my dissertation weight :( Hopefully that's about to change.

I'm not sure if I can PM people yet, I'm a newbie so they block certain features until 20 days I think! But I will be sure to do that =)

Eep, I swear they should give out leaflets about healthy living while doing dissertations! I certainly could've used a personal trainer during that time - I must've spent so much money on junk food and gained soooo much weight =(

belmagick
05-11-2011, 04:57 PM
Eep, I swear they should give out leaflets about healthy living while doing dissertations! I certainly could've used a personal trainer during that time - I must've spent so much money on junk food and gained soooo much weight =(

Being overly aware of what I'm putting in my mouth, I did the exact opposite and lived off tuna sandwiches, green tea and fruit smoothies. not the healthiest way to cope but it meant I continued to lose during that period. Of course now I'm starving and can't stop thinking about food when I'm stuck at my desk. It's tough getting into a regular routine again even though it was only really three days or so. There should be an easier way to balance this deadline/exam rubbish with a healthy lifestyle. I don't think I could have put this losing weight thing on hold for a week.

marie81
05-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone

Riestrella, i work as a bid manager for a construction company in kent (i live west london / surrey borders so its a long old trek)I have worked my arse of in a mans wold to get this high up, so i gotta work like a man to stay there... god its hard work!
Let me know how you get on with the cook book, sounds like my kinda thing. I didnt have any coke today, but lots of coffee, i think its the caffeine i crave :(

wana wear a bikin - I would of loved to travel but I had my 1st bubba at 19 so missed out. Sweden must be lovely isnt it the cleanest place in the EU or something? (and they have the hottest men) ;)

belmagick - good luck with the exams

Well my day has been good food wise I have not binged but i still had a glass of red wine when I got home, well 3 glasses.... booze is a demon! no choc and no coke so it cant be that bad.
So tired now these long days are a killer, and im doing them in 4inch heel.. painful... but i love it.. hee hee

Take care chicks xxx

Riestrella
05-12-2011, 05:43 PM
Riestrella, i work as a bid manager for a construction company in kent (i live west london / surrey borders so its a long old trek)I have worked my arse of in a mans wold to get this high up, so i gotta work like a man to stay there... god its hard work!
Let me know how you get on with the cook book, sounds like my kinda thing. I didnt have any coke today, but lots of coffee, i think its the caffeine i crave :(

Wow! That's quite the commute. Is there anyway you can move there? Good for you for getting to where you are and working hard to keep it! I have nothing but respect for you.
If you go to Hungrygirl.com you can sign up for a email newsletter and you get recipes emailed to you most days of the week - there are a few I wouldn't mind trying already!

Oy...caffeine is a baaad thing. It's an addiction just like cigarettes, so the same extreme methods sometimes have to be undergone to kick the habit. You can do it!

themilesawaygirl
05-13-2011, 12:23 PM
Hi all, I'm brand new to this forum and clearly I've just missed the boat on your biggest loser challenge!

Not to worry, I'd love to tag along (and compete against myself) and hopefully share some advice and tips and suchlike.

A quick note about why I'm here: I started a 'diet' 8 weeks ago and haven't actually been controlling my food at all, just monitoring it. I've hit desperation point today and really need to get some self-control to stick to my diet goals. I'm hoping a supportive community like this will give me the motivation to keep going.

Good luck everyone with the challenge, I wish you all the best over the coming weeks, you can do it!!

Riestrella
05-14-2011, 06:34 AM
themilesawaygirl: Welcome to the forum! Hope you find all the support you need here on the board, it's a great community and provides some inspiration for anyone trying to lose weight. I personally find myself going to the Goal Photo Album thread and seeing pictures of all the people who've reached their goal weight, some of the results are incredible!

--

I'm a bit nervous about weighing tomorrow! I know I shouldn't be! But my weight has been all over the place this week (182, 184, 185! =S), so I'm hoping for a nice lower number tomorrow!

Good luck everyone! Please remember to weigh in by Monday or it won't count!!

mom24uk
05-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Morning all. Well, weigh in was this morning and even though I'd lost 1.5lb I hadn't done as well as I was hoping. I had a sneaky weigh in on Wednesday and the scales were bouncing between 109.8 and 200 so I wanted to hit the onesies this week. I've been really hungry though and have ended up picking at night, it's my TOM too and we've had two take aways (chippy and chinese chicken balls!) so I suppose it's not too bad. Thankfully the torture, I mean exercise, must be doing it's job! :D

How's everyone else's week gone?

belmagick
05-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Morning all. Well, weigh in was this morning and even though I'd lost 1.5lb I hadn't done as well as I was hoping. I had a sneaky weigh in on Wednesday and the scales were bouncing between 109.8 and 200 so I wanted to hit the onesies this week. I've been really hungry though and have ended up picking at night, it's my TOM too and we've had two take aways (chippy and chinese chicken balls!) so I suppose it's not too bad. Thankfully the torture, I mean exercise, must be doing it's job! :D

How's everyone else's week gone?

It's probably just TOM and a bit of water retention from the chips and chicken balls. I have a feeling next week will probably a good week for you.

I was a bit disappointed too because I was secretly hoping for 2Ibs but 1Ib loss is still a good loss and I have been quite naughty this week. It should have been my TOM too but I take the BC so I only have one every three months, so it's more like TO3M. Still, I had chocolate cravings and finished my easter chocolates. Oh well gone now.

My BMI is 25.1, I'm so close now to being normal weight it's getting frustrating. Maybe next week will be a good week for me too. Let's just hope I pass these exams.

Oh and today I discovered turkey bacon in tesco. It's not real bacon but it's pretty good, especially for 55 cals for two rashers. omnonon!

chickalee
05-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey Ladies, So weigh in was a bit disappointing. 2lb lost, which I know is good, but I suppose I was hoping for a bit more. A friend of mine is losing weight rapidly (6/7lb a week, with no exercise) so I guess I wanted to try to catch her up lol

BUT..I do know its a good, and average loss so I'm not going to feel too bad.

Well done to all of you x

chickalee
05-14-2011, 11:16 AM
Oh and today I discovered turkey bacon in tesco. It's not real bacon but it's pretty good, especially for 55 cals for two rashers. omnonon!

Oooohhh I will have to go hunting for that Monday morning. I love a bacon sarnie lol :o

chickalee
05-14-2011, 11:19 AM
1 more thing because I thought it was funny........I love how I go to the top of the page on this site and there is an ad in big letters saying : BURGER DEALS in {your area}. Thats exactly what 3fc needs lmao

mom24uk
05-14-2011, 03:32 PM
@ belmagick. Thanks chick, I hope next week is a good week for us all. Every day that we try to make life better by losing weight or getting fit or whatever it is, we're trying to achieve, is a good day though.
You're 1lb loss is a good loss and just becuase you don't have a TOM anymore doesn't mean your body doesn't react. I had a mirena IUD and even though I never had a TOM I still used to have the monthly symptoms so you could still have fluid retention.
I've got my fingers crossed for everything for you - exams, bmi and weight! :hug:

@ chickalee. I'm no expert but I think 2lbs is more sustainable than 7. You're doing great, well done losing those 2lbs! I can recommend the turkey bacon butties too (without all the butter of course!).
lol at the burger ad. I didn't see that or I might have been tempted to click on it.... ;)

takingcontrol
05-15-2011, 05:44 AM
HI all,

I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoyed Eurovision ha ha ha (I'm a closet fan, can't help it!)

Had a great week last week, but not great for the diet, new scales are showing a 1lb loss on last week. I hope that's really true and not just a differential between the scales, but whatever, I'm taking it, and now really on it for this week.

Could be a bit of a struggle though, since getting back to the UK I've been living at my parents which is quite a chore, but has meant I've stayed a lot more on plan having other people around. This morning they've gone on holiday, so this is my first week alone with all this yummy ENglish food, not sure how well I'm going to cope, really don't trust myself not to binge for a week straight. Going to do my best to behave, and will do lots and lots of exercise in the hope that'll stop me from wanting to binge, we'll see!

Hope everyone has a great week :) xxx

belmagick
05-15-2011, 06:43 AM
@Chickalee sorry to say it but your friend is losing water weight which isn't sustainable. Probably losing muscle mass too which will screw her metabolism up and she will most definitely not keep up that kind of weight loss (I've tried it and ended up fatter than ever).

There was a thread on here posted a while ago of two women both the same weight, one who had lost weight without exercise was a size U.S. 12 (a 16 to us) and the other who had lost weight with exercise was a size U.S. 6 (a 10 to us) exercise and muscle makes all the difference.

A 2Ib weight loss is a loss of fat which means you're doing it healthily and you are more likely to maintain. I could be wrong about your friend, of course but it sounds like you're doing fantastically so please don't get too discouraged by slow weight loss.

@mom24uk thank you so much and you're so right, this week let's both get to our respective goals.

I also got Tori Amos tickets this week to see her in November. Last August I was lucky enough to meet her and we had our pictures taken together-she's the same height as me but I just looked like a complete blob next her. (It didn't help that I burst into tears when she looked at me so my face was completely swollen.) But if I can get to my goal or at least close by November and I manage to meet her again, I want that picture taken again and this time I'm going to look better.

marie81
05-15-2011, 07:23 AM
Hi everyone, i weighed in this morning 187 a 3lb GAIN!! I am not very haooy about this but its my own fault i have been drinking to much booze and eating a little but late at night. i am so rubbish
Next week i am going to put a lot more effort in!!

Good luck everyone else xx

takingcontrol
05-15-2011, 08:25 AM
Just been to Morrisons, and bought tons of healthy things, all good! But how did the irresistibly tasty smelling Chinese king ribs end up in my trolley, just eaten one,so good, but so damn greasy, whoops! Extra long dog walk later then......!

Marie, sorry you gained, it's always so disheartening, but at least you know where you went wrong, good luck in making changes next week, why's this dieting lark so hard?!

Belmagick, all you say about sustainable and sensible weigh loss with exercise and muscle work makes so much sense, but why oh why do I still yearn for faddy massive losses every week?! I think setting your November goal is great, I love having something long term to work towards, so much more achievable than expecting visible changes every week :)

chickalee
05-15-2011, 05:49 PM
@Chickalee sorry to say it but your friend is losing water weight which isn't sustainable. Probably losing muscle mass too which will screw her metabolism up and she will most definitely not keep up that kind of weight loss (I've tried it and ended up fatter than ever).

There was a thread on here posted a while ago of two women both the same weight, one who had lost weight without exercise was a size U.S. 12 (a 16 to us) and the other who had lost weight with exercise was a size U.S. 6 (a 10 to us) exercise and muscle makes all the difference.

A 2Ib weight loss is a loss of fat which means you're doing it healthily and you are more likely to maintain. I could be wrong about your friend, of course but it sounds like you're doing fantastically so please don't get too discouraged by slow weight loss.

Thankyou, that makes me feel so much better. We started our 'diets' a week apart and people are already commenting on her weight loss so I think I was a bit envious. Because I have started to do a lot of walking and use the wii fit every day, she has told me to stop exercising as I would lose the weight quicker. I obviously won't do that as I want to get fit aswell as lose weight anyway.

This is my first 'diet' so I don't really know what I'm doing lol. I did lose weight before but that was when I first met my now Husband and wouldnt binge in front of him lol for fear of looking like a big fat pig haha.

I didn't see that thread but that is interesting. I will definately think of that at next weigh in.

Havent done too well today. We were decorating our kitchen today so the cooker couldnt be used. My husband went to get some pizza for dinner. I had 2 slices AND full fat coke. I will do extra walking tomorrow I think and shopping in the morning so I'll buy only healthy.

themilesawaygirl
05-16-2011, 06:12 AM
Hi all, hope you've had a good weekend.

Chickalee - I have to agree with the others here, I would be really worried by the advice your friend has been given - 'stop exercising so you lose the weight quicker' is a very unhealthy attitude, I'm so glad you're focused on getting fit and healthy. Congratulations on your 2lb loss - as everyone else has said, this is much more sustainable and a really good push in the right direction. I lost nothing last week so am really hoping for a 2lb loss this week!

What exercise do you all find it easiest to do? Do you prefer gym / classes or exercising at home?

Riestrella
05-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi ladies! Gotta head to work soon but thought I'd pop in to say the results are in the new thread "UK Biggest Loser ~The Results~" - Go take a look at where you rank! Congrats to derangedhulahoop this week for taking the top spot for losing a whole 2.21% of her body fat!

Thank you all SO much for taking part. Seeing my name at the very bottom just makes me want to work harder to lose the pounds next week. We can do it!!

Blondie160
05-16-2011, 09:03 AM
Im not a part of this challenge (although i probably should have done it!), but everyones done so well!

Marie I walk 20 minutes every morning and evening from Fenchurch Street, after a little while its quite enjoyable! I will get a cab if im feeling ill or my feet hurt, but at a tenner a go I dont do it often!

HoneyWobBear
05-16-2011, 02:51 PM
:carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot: Just jumped on the scales and guess what ??? ??? ??? ?? 2lbs lighter :D:D:D:D:D

wana wear a bikini
05-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Wow, I just exercised for the first time in well over a month. I almost died.

Marie - Sweden has some good points, it is really clean and everyone speaks faultless English, but on the downside it's dark and cold for 6 months of the year, I can't get a job, and it has to be the most boring place I've ever been. Serves me right for finding a Swedish boyfriend...

Anyway, congrats to everyone who lost, chin up to everyone still working on it.

marie81
05-16-2011, 04:40 PM
hiya everyone hope today is going well for everyone.

I did my walk this morning and when i got to the station all the cabbies took the mick about my healthy brisk walk. I didnt do the walk home though as I was shattered.

Food wise i was really good today, but i was naughty with the coffee i had 3 skinny hazelnut latte's. but no coke so thats good.

wana wear a bikini - thats a shame its sounds so nice, remember its cold here to i had to wear my winter coat this morning :(

Riestrella - I so get you, not having a lose has helped me focus this week to

Good luck for the coming week everyone xx

derangedhulahoop
05-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Hi ladies.....I LOVE reading all your posts it's motivating me so much! Just haven't got round to posting anything about me yet!
Well basically I'm a Uni student atm and have been very steadily piling on the uneccesary pounds...my life dream has been to reach 8 stone...but as of yet I'm always round the 9 and a half stone mark...which is not great for my shortness!! However it is better than a few years ago when I went travelling and put on a stone....I lost this by weeks of runs and healthy eating...however it got cold and I got wimpy so now I'm back on the plan! I also found myself a man just before xmas...and find this just makes me relax all eating and exercise plan!
Well last week I started back at my bodypump and spin classes and was very successful....I just hope to lose another 2 pounds this week!
I'm going to Turkey and Glastonbury in just over a month so to just under 9stone by then would be AMAZING!
It sounds like ure all doing well girls, I totally get what ure saying bout coffee though...I'm an addict...but if your buying from costa etc I just always make sure to say small and skinny..still tastes good to me:)
good luck this week girls xxxxxxxxxxx

Peacock Princess
05-17-2011, 06:12 AM
Managed to only lose 2lb but not surprised. Started off well but had af ew slip ups. What I thought was just an irritating bout of hay fever is a blasted cold!!! Been sneezing like a maniac (do they sneeze???) and have a very sore throat. Feels worse than it is.

marie81
05-17-2011, 05:11 PM
derangedhulahoop - i love costa's and starbucks i always go skinny or soya but its the syrup thats adding my cals up, thank god starbucks does sugar free now :)

so no coke for me again today thats 2 full days :)

derangedhulahoop
05-17-2011, 05:34 PM
Totally know what you mean Marie...caramel latte...is ORGASMIC lol...especially if it has whipped cream on the top...i hate depriving myself I realised today so I'm just gonna hit the gym harder...although how I'm gonna fit that in I really don't know!
Went to another spin class today...wasn't reli feeling it to be honest...so stayed near the back...the instructor decided to make my day though by informing us that he would be taking the seats of for todays lesson....I seriously thought someone might object...but no...I had to do a 45 minute lesson STANDING UP....my legs are now jelly! Hopefully it'll all be worth it on sunday! Stay strong...think skinny! xxxxxxxxx

derangedhulahoop
05-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Ps well done on no coke!! :)

marie81
05-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Thanks derangedhulahoop coffee is a bad habit like all things in life if it taste good its no good for you. :(

I did ok today only 1 hazelnut latte & still no coke, i have found a lovely herbal tea from M&S its call revive its lovely if you like herbal tea so i have been drinking that all day, it makes you wee alot though

Well done on going to the class i havent been to the gym for months my job keeps me out of the house from 6am till 8pm so i dont have time to go i get home and pass out ready for a new day. not looking forward to a long meeting 1st thing tomorrow, oh well i wont be moaning at the end of the month when i get paid lol

Take care and everyone keep up the good work we will be skinny!!!

belmagick
05-21-2011, 05:05 AM
All through My exams I've been practically living off green tea and I'll have 2-3 cups a day except the cups I use are big cups. They're like litre cups or something. Three more tea bags to go and then I'm switching to de-caf....

I've had quite a bad week in terms of diet. I had a curry the night before an exam and a massive piece of chocolate cake and ice cream afterwards, but I've been strict for the rest of the week and this morning I had actually lost a Ib which means my BMI is now 24.9 and I'm in the healthy weight range :carrot:

I hope everyone else has a successful week.

marie81
05-21-2011, 09:23 AM
Hey everyone, good luck for this weeks weigh in.
I am weighing in tomorrow morning, this week has been ok then i went and spoilt it last night by getting drunk, i bottle of red and 2 glasses of rose, im not even gonna think about the cals in that.
So i feel like crap this morning and had a can of fat coke, so good for hangovers.
I will never learn and its not like i had any reason to drink i had a couple of glasses with DH after work then got home and drunk a bottle
Everyone tell me how bad i am and drinking is no good for me please.

belmagick
05-21-2011, 12:48 PM
There are roughly 525 calories in a bottle of red wine and 180 is a glass of rose so you only had a 900 calorie binge, not too bad. (Let's ignore the coke.)

Being able to moderate is not going to come overnight and if wine is not something you can imagine yourself living without then don't try it give it up. It's about making changes that you can sustain for the rest of your life, not until you reach your goal otherwise you're going to spring back up.

Did trying to give up wine cause you to binge on that extra bottle?

I don't believe wine is bad for you-in fact red wine is contains anti-oxidents so is good to have now and then, but binging (on wine) is bad for you!

Losing weight is about calories, how many calories are you eating at the moment?

Why don't you reduce your daily total by 50-100 so that you can have 2 glasses of wine on a friday or saturday (or a glass on friday and a glass on saturday)? It might stop you feeling so deprived.

marie81
05-21-2011, 04:58 PM
900 cals OMG thats so bad!

i havent been trying to give up drinking just no going wild when i do. i havent been drinking during the week but i like to unwind on a friday, normally i go out in town with my friends for a couple and its quite tame but as my husband was meeting me i felt comfortable and really let my hair down.

I am not on a "diet" as such I am just sticking to 3 low fat meals aday and snacking on apples. its not food thats the issue its the wine, coffee and fizzy drinks. I am always thrusty I even got the doc to do test's to see if i had anything wrong with me, but they all come back clear. I guess i will just have to stick to water from now on.

Riestrella
05-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I've heard the term "liquid fat" when describing alcohol - so giving it up is definitely a good factor in weight loss. It also does terrible things to your metabolism, dehydrates you - it's generally awful for you! But it's so easy to have one, then another, then oh go on then etc.

I know what you mean marie about just looking out for your bad habits in weight loss - I'm more of an exerciser but it's been such a hard struggle to stay away from the caffeine.

I've been having some really tough times at work recently. I've been sat in the staff room having a silent war with my cravings for pop. So far, I've been successful, and thank god! I feel proud about that.

I'm due on my blob any day now, so I'm getting cravings for more food in general, indulged in a bit of Ben & Jerry's Phish Food (anyone else notice the 2 tubs going?!) after dinner tonight - naughty me =(.

Weigh in day tomorrow, just before work. EEP! Not done any exercise this week because it feels like all I've been doing is waking up and going to work. MUST GET BACK ON IT, RARRR!!!

Been filling out the table for the BL Challenge - some amazing results!

takingcontrol
05-22-2011, 03:57 PM
I have been away for a week n I have sinned....... Actually really surprised and relieved to have only put on 2lb this week, after being terrible, I don't know what happened, it's as though I stopped wanting to find the skinny me within.

Given myself a good talking too though, set back up rules (realised I'm not strong enough to do it without them yet!)

The first one is having to log on here and post everyday, to keep me accountable.

Good luck to everyone, so for no personals, but I've missed so much, will be far more involved this week!

xxx

themilesawaygirl
05-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Looks like a lot of us have slipped up lately - but good that we're all motivated to start afresh for the new week and get hard on ourselves.

Marie - I have a real problem cutting down on the drinking too. Keeping in mind the calories sometimes helps me choose slightly less damaging drinks (vodka&slim is only 70odd cals I think) otherwise having a spritzer or actually alternating drinks with a plain diet coke or soda makes me feel a lot better the next day.

Riestrella, takingcontrol - I'm with you on the rules and getting back on it. Come on girls, we can do this! Good luck to everyone.

Peacock Princess
05-23-2011, 09:48 AM
I have lost another 2lb today (Monday is my day to weigh myself). It seems to be 2lb a week off so far......

Riestrella
05-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Peacock Princess - make sure you start putting your weights in the UK Biggest Loser Weigh in Threads or else I won't be able to count you in. I've put you in for this week's but just in the future be sure to look out for the thread =)

Riestrella
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Congratulations to HoneyWobBear for winning week 2's weigh in after losing 2.49% of her body weight this week! And big congratulations goes to derangedhulahoop who is still in the lead overall for a second week running with a total of 3.68% of body weight loss.

:carrot::carrot:WEEK 2 RANKINGS!:carrot::carrot:
1. HoneyWobBear
2. derangedhulahoop
3. marie81
4. mom24uk
5. Peacock Princess
6. belmagick
7. lostcause
8. chickalee
9. (Joint) wana wear a bikini, Riestrella & takingcontrol

:cb::cb:UK BIGGEST LOSER RANKINGS!:cb::cb:
1. derangedhulahoop
2. mom24uk (up 3 places)
3. HoneyWobBear (up 6 places)
4. belmagick
5. lostcause (down 2 places)
6. chickalee (down 4 places)
7. Peacock Princess
8. wana wear a bikini (down 1 place)
9. AngelD (down 1 place)
10. (Joint) marie81, Engraved, Riestrella & takingcontrol (down 4 places)

HoneyWobBear
05-23-2011, 12:59 PM
:bravo: Well done ladies :cheer2: Bring on week 3:D:D:D

takingcontrol
05-25-2011, 03:02 PM
Congrats to all the losers this week!

Hoping to creep back up the table again a little on Sunday! So far so good, pretty much on plan all week, but the second half is always far harder!!!

Hope everyone is keeping strong, this diet lark is so not fun!

Riestrella
05-31-2011, 06:01 AM
Congratulations to takingcontrol who is on top of this weeks weigh in! More congratulations are in order for derangedhulahoop, who hasn't been beaten from her top spot of the overall charts! wana wear a bikini and takingcontrol have moved up the ranks by 3 places each this week!

Keep going girls! Remember to check out the results thread for the Biggest Loser chart (that is complete with Word spell check errors =p)

:carrot::carrot:WEEK 3 RANKINGS!!:carrot::carrot:
1. takingcontrol
2. HoneyWobBear
3. mom24uk
4. wana wear a bikini
5. lostcause
6. Riestrella
7. (Joint) belmagick & marie81

1. derangedhulahoop
2. HoneyWobBear (up 1 place)
3. mom24uk (down 1 place)
4. lostcause (up 1 place)
5. wana wear a bikini (up 3 places)
6. chickalee
7. takingcontrol (up 3 places)
8. Peacock Princess (down 1 place)
9. belmagick (down 5 places)
10. Riestrella
11. AngelD (down 2 places)
12. (Joint) marie81 (down 2 places) & Engraved (down 2 places)

marie81
05-31-2011, 06:51 AM
I'm still in last :(
I am detoxing this week, after not eating as I should and drinking far to much its veggies and fruit for me this week.

Good luck for the week ahead chicks xx

takingcontrol
05-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Whoop! Hoping for a real loss this week though (last week's loss was just the week befores gain, I must STOP yoyoing!)

Doing OK so far this week, good on the food front, still not getting off my backside n exercising though, should go do something now I guess!

Good luck with the Detox Marie, don't think I could manage it.

marie81
05-31-2011, 05:58 PM
arrrghhhh detoxing is awful! but i am sticking to it, i have had so much veg and cherrys along side lots of nasty herbal pills and vit tablets my belly is bubbling away.... ewww very unpleasant (sorry tmi)

I didnt do enough exercising (well walking) today but i will get on to that tomorrow

Anyone want to join me, im only going to do 3 days then have 3 days of then start again, i dont feel hungry while doing it so theres a plus point :) come on someone must be brave enough

xx

marie81
05-31-2011, 06:02 PM
arrrghhhh detoxing is awful! but i am sticking to it, i have had so much veg and cherrys along side lots of nasty herbal pills and vit tablets my belly is bubbling away.... ewww very unpleasant (sorry tmi)

I didnt do enough exercising (well walking) today but i will get on to that tomorrow

Anyone want to join me, im only going to do 3 days then have 3 days of then start again, i dont feel hungry while doing it so theres a plus point :) come on someone must be brave enough :carrot:

xx

takingcontrol
06-01-2011, 05:09 AM
Marie, go you for sticking at the plan! I would join you BUT (here come the excuses!) I'm not keen on the pills/supplements part of it, and living back with my parents at the moment it just wouldn't be practical, mum still keeps trying ot feed me what they're having, it's driving me mad!

I was OP yesterday minus 4 squares of chocolate I had last thing. Not going to dwell on those though. Managed a meager 20 mins exercise yest, but today I'm going for a couple of hours, it's the only thing I 'NEED' to achieve today, so we'll see!

4 weeks today until I set off for my summer job, would love to see another stone vanish by then PLEASE!

Have a good day everyone :)

Riestrella
06-01-2011, 05:42 AM
One of my best friend did a massive detox once, it was for a month or something I think. All she ate were fruit, vegetables and general healthy food. She didn't eat any white bread, pasta, crisps, chocolate or drink pop or alcohol - it was all natural food. She lost a lot of weight purely by eating that way 3 times a day with a healthy snack here and there.

She said she'd never do it ever again haha!

I'm not so good with diets. If someone tells me "you can't have this and this and this" I'll be conscious about it so I'll want them even though I don't eat that much usually!

I try and limit myself to 3 meals a day and drink water. Yesterday and the day before were baaaad days. The day before I ate some Shreddies in the morning then went for a 2-9.45 shift. I only got my break at 6 so I was STARVING. I was having a really bad day, I put the bread in my lunch box but didn't actually make the sandwich...

Someone in the staff room was nice and gave me some money to buy something, so I bought some Sensations and ate the whole bag ;_;. The big bags, not the single packs...the big bag. When I got back out I got so dizzy and light headed. Apparently I was moving in slow motion and looking really pale. I'm pinning it down to lack of water and not eating enough - it happened to me once when I was travelling to America.

So yesterday (the baaaad day) consisted of 2 slices of toast, a peanut butter sandwich, a scotch egg, a banana, a snickers bar, cajun turkey with mash and beans (I ate the green beans that were there and made more baked beans ;_; )...the worst part of my day was that while I was cleaning a screen out I found a bag of Cadbury's giant chocolate buttons unopened, so I tucked into them at night. Oh, and I had a glass of coke too.

So yeah, not really been sticking to the plan these days. I'm following the 90 day exercise thread in the 20-something forum and I haven't done anything for weeks. I feel so ashamed of going in there and updating it to see how much I've missed out on!

I don't know how some people manage to fit exercise into their working lives, it's so difficult! If I were rich I would join the gym that's right across the road from where I work...or even the one that I live near. I've had a gym membership, and while I prefer exercising outside the lovely UK weather doesn't hold out for me consistently, so being in an environment where everyone is exercising means I just get on with it.

I've been weighing my options and I think I might just suck it up and run. I'm hoping on some dry/decentish weather this summer, so I think money would be wasted on a gym membership.

Good luck with your focusing girls! marie, I salute you. Detoxing does work! takingcontrol, I know what you mean - I relapse like crazy. When I first joined this forum I was like GOGOGO but then I lost my way. Hoping to turn it around though - in terms of this competition I want to be in the top 5 at least!!

mom24uk
06-01-2011, 11:52 AM
Hello all. Not been posting much on 3FC lately. Sorry.
It seems like everyone is doing well. Despite set backs everyone is still trying and haven't given up so deserve a huge http://www.zanyimages.com/Sports%20Lovers/Well%20Done%20!.jpg

I've started Jillian Micheal's 30 day shred and I'm really struggling with it. I thought that after 6 weeks exercising on Wii active sport and ditching the car and walking as much as possible that my fitness had improved but Jillian has blown that theory out the window! I'm not sure if it's my age, my weight or the fact that I haven't exercised for years but my legs are like lead lumps that won't move. I'm sticking with it though,

Well done everyone whether you've lost or not for sticking at your goals too and not quitting!:carrot:

Riestrella
06-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Jillian Michaels IS hard. It's also hard because you have to motivate yourself in a way, it's quite easy to stop when you're dying for breath =p. But my Mum who has run marathons and done a half ironman was struggling with it when she attempted it. Seriously that woman just could not jump rope to save her life!

I think it's great because it uses so many different muscles that you haven't work before at once. It's a great exercise video, and it shows results. Keep at Level 1 for 10 days then move up to Level 2. Good luck!

IsabellaOlivia
06-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Jillian is basically just a crazy person. And I say that with love.

takingcontrol
06-05-2011, 05:05 AM
I can't wait to be brae enough to invite Jillian into my life! At the moment Davina is enough for me, I'm weak lol

Riestrella
06-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Seriously takingcontrol, you should jump right in there! It's a great work out, and if you push yourself then it's going to force your body to change. I'm actually quoting Jillian herself there, as I've done it so many time I think I memorised all her inspirational speeches from it =p.

I tried Davina and it was ok, but I found that she was kinda annoying!

takingcontrol
06-05-2011, 08:43 AM
I know what you mean about Davina, but, I've kinda grown to love her! When I first started out exercising in January, her 30 minute workouts used to almost kill me, now I can do a couple back to back and survive rather easily so I know it is time to take the plunge to something more hardcore!

I will defo give Jillian a go at some point, but I move down south to work on a residential summer camp in 3 and a bit weeks, so I couldn't fit it in before I went, and then I'm there for 5 weeks, so will have to do it when I get back!

mom24uk
06-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Jillian is good (or she could just be crazy as IsabellaOlivia said!) but I'm not sure my fitness levels are good enough! It was day 14 for me today and I'm pretty sure I'm getting worse! The exercises seem just as difficult, if not harder, as they were on day 1! I was going to wait until I could do level one before moving up but I might just try level two first before trying a different routine. Maybe Davina is more my level?

Riestrella
06-07-2011, 06:05 AM
I think to a certain extent it's about pushing yourself, and you're going to have days where you feel like you can't do much. Sometimes when I go running I fail hardcore even though I can do it!

I like Jillian because it's 20 minutes of intensity, Davina workouts can be quite lengthy but I feel it's easier but because you're doing it for a long amount of time that's where the tiredness stems from. But maybe I'm just Davina biased because I can't stand her patronising =D.

Well done with the weigh ins this week everyone, I'm pretty sure it's the best week yet! Will calculate the ranks now =)

Riestrella
06-07-2011, 06:28 AM
Congratulations to takingcontrol who's managed to be number 1 in the weekly ranks for another week! We had some amazing results this week with most people losing more than 1% of their body weight, so well done ladies!!

Also, a huge well done to mom24ukfor taking the lead in the overall rankings! There was a lot of movement in the overall rankings from lostcause, takingcontrol and marie81! Congrats!!

:carrot::carrot:WEEK 4 RANKINGS!!:carrot::carrot:
1. takingcontrol
2. lostcause
3. marie81
4. mom24uk
5. belmagick
6. Riestrella
7. HoneyWobBear
8. wana wear a bikini

1. mom24uk (up 2 places)
2. lostcause (up 2 places)
3. derangedhulahoop (down 2 places)
4. HoneyWobBear (down 2 places)
5. takingcontrol (up 2 places)
6. wana wear a bikini (down 1 place)
7. chickalee (down 1 places)
8. Riestrella (up 2 places)
9. Peacock Princess (down 1 place)
10. marie81 (up 2 places)
11. AngelD
12. Engraved

takingcontrol
06-08-2011, 01:01 PM
:) thanks very much, and congrats to everyone else who lost last week :)

Even though I feel I'm doing pretty much the same this week as for the last two, I'm just not seeing any movement on the scale so far :( Even the fluctuation I'm used to seeing within each day has almost disappeared. It's like my body doesn't want to break the 13 stone barrier, MEH!

Got a friend coming around for tea tonight, doing a super healthy chilli but got some fruit to have with a bit of cream for pudding, and will be having some wine too. Hoping that maybe a treat might help for once?! If not, I'm going to absolutely go for it on the exercise Thurs-Sat in the hope that will help!

Having a big bbq here on Saturday, and I *know* I won't be behaving then, so, I REALLY want to see some results before then, pretty please!!!!!

How's everyone finding their week?

Peacock Princess
06-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Sorry, things went t*ts up for me. I was housesitting and never made it to a Boots to weigh myself. THen went to mum's and also never got to a Boots to weigh myself. I am not sure if that means I am out of the picture now?

If not I will weigh myself tomorrow.

Cheers

marie81
06-11-2011, 05:59 AM
Hi chicks sorry i have been so busy lately its been unreal but its paid off I have lost 5lb this week!!!
Hope everyone is doing well and good luck for the weigh in this week, im of to the horse racing today so going to pig out just hope it doesnt add any lbs of tomorrows weigh in!

xx

Riestrella
06-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Sorry, things went t*ts up for me. I was housesitting and never made it to a Boots to weigh myself. THen went to mum's and also never got to a Boots to weigh myself. I am not sure if that means I am out of the picture now?

If not I will weigh myself tomorrow.

Cheers

Why don't you invest in some scales? Surely that's cheaper and easier than going to Boots to weigh yourself! No, you're not out of the picture in terms of your competition, but any weight loss that happened in the weeks you didn't weigh in won't be counted overall.

Feel free to enter your weight into the weigh in thread =)

marie81 - Oh my GOOSE! 5 lbs is AMAZING! Well done!!

takingcontrol - Just make sure you control your portion sizes, especially at the BBQ. If you're having white wine, why not have a white wine spritzer? If you hit it up with the exercise too then I'm sure you'll be fine!

My week has been lovely in terms of the fact I'm not working and on holiday, but my eating has suffered! I've been drinking coke and eating not so healthy meals. Had a foot long BMT Subway yesterday AND a fry up (egg, bacon, sausage, toast, beans...) It was a bit of a comfort day yesterday though, it was the birthday of one my best friends who passed away, so I really didn't care what I ate! But all things considering, it could have been A LOT more!

I've been sticking to my 3 meals a day with a few exceptions here and there. So all in all, while my diet is not perfect it's certainly not terrible considering the temptations and the fact I'm not at home.

I've been keeping up with exercise. I could be doing more abs and strength work, but I've been running and any walk into town means I'm faced with steep a$$ hills so it's a work out in itself. Also...and look away if you don't want to hear TMI - but all the sex with the bf is quite an awesome workout hehe!

Good luck with your weigh ins this week ladies, just 1 week after this!

takingcontrol
06-12-2011, 10:24 AM
One chick gone completely off the rails here, WHOOOOPS!!!! I forgot to weigh in this morning, n I've had three days of food food food and booze booze booze. I'm bad, back on it tomorrow, I promise!

Well done Michelle, that's fab!

reistrella, glad you've had a fab week off :) x

Riestrella
06-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Are you going to be weighing in for the competition? It's not too late! We all go off the rails sometimes, I know I have done so many times in my time!!

takingcontrol
06-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I was 13stone 4 this morning, so up 2.5lbs, I WILL break the 13 stone barrier, not liking this pattern of yoyoing just around it. If it was 11 stone I wouldn't be too bothered, but I've still got loads to lose, I need to stay on target!

I hope everyone has a fab week :) xxx

lostcause
06-16-2011, 04:05 PM
do not know if i will have internet this weekend so i weight 208 as of today

HoneyWobBear
06-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Jumped on the scales today and I have already lost 2 and a half lbs, but I will be giving you my results on Sunday, all the best ladies xxxx

Riestrella
06-23-2011, 07:37 AM
The final results are in! Congratulations to HoneyWobBear for winning the UK Biggest Loser Challenge!

:cb::cb:UK BIGGEST LOSER FINAL RESULTS!:cb::cb:
1. HoneyWobBear
2. lostcause
3. mom24uk
4. derangedhulahoop
5. belmagick
6. marie81
7. Riestrella
8. takingcontrol
9. wana wear a bikini
10. chickalee
11. AngelD