Lighten Up! - Need to get over it my nerves r shot :(

lucky8
05-09-2011, 03:32 AM
Ill try and get this in a nutshell

Basically whilst out shoppin with my BF yest he decided to direct me a different route home into a area i dont know (i was driving) Anyway were on a pretty buzy road and come to some lights he said i needed to turn right but i missed the turning as hes very blazzee about directions and its all finger piontin and go here n go there he gets me confused and we carried on down the road only to be blarred at by balsing horns from behind us realising i was going the wrong way. Then hes shouting get in the other lane in which i couldnt straight away as traffic was there, then a bus comes travelling towards me ive never been so scared , any way i finally got in to the lane feeling so stupid with what had just happened i felt like just stopping and cring my eyes out. I cant blame my BF but he know s the area and i trusted where he was leading me.
It sounds bad and ive felt ashamed all day and havent slept all night, my nerves are shot and my confidence plumited :( my BF said some hurtful things that have knocked my confidence as a driver but later apologised and said realised it wasnt as bad as he was making out and that he was scared for a second.(this is coming from a man who doesnt have great driving history, and has been very careless in past ) .And although he says he did i dont think he even realised we were going the wrong way untill someone beeped and he didnt start screaming at me till after that , but he wont admit it.
I didnt want to get back in car but i had to as i take my BF to work. So heres me taking the extra long route to avoid the motorways. :dizzy:
Although were okay now , its still going on in my head , beating myself up about it which i cant afford to do as my business is my car. Just feel ashamed and cant let it go :o and im to ashamed to tell anyone about it. Doesnt help that my business is advertised on my car either :o
Know you all prob all think im a lunatic that needs to get off the roads but nothing lik that has ever happened before it shook me up and needed to get it off my chest :(

MonicaM
05-09-2011, 06:26 AM
If you are anything like me, you will play it over and over in your head for a few days, then get over it. Be thankful no one was hurt. We all do things like that at least once or twice in our lives.

lucky8
05-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks MonicaM :)