Old 05-09-2011, 01:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Rough 1.5 weeks

I know there have been some people on here that have had a hard go the last little while with family deaths and such, so I hate to be such a whinner.
But my last week and a half have been ****. DH left for Afghanistan a week ago Thursday and my weigh in last week I had gained 2lbs, Coach figured it was from stress, bathroom issues etc, but I felt good about the week again and get that weight off, well the week was **** !! I had to start my anti depressants again (which I probably shouldn't have stopped but I did) and didn't lose again this week.

So I guess I just needed to get it off my chest, cause I feel like I totally effed up the last 7 weeks. Hopefully now that we are getting some kind of routine with hubs gone now, I will be able to get back into it, I want this soo bad !
CaperTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

I don't think you a whinner at all. You are going through some pretty big stuff yourself! Life can be hard and it's hard (impossible for some) to stay motivated and on track when you have so much going on.

You have not effed up. Not in my opinion anyways. You are doing all of the right things. It's just that life happens! You are learning to perservere despite the difficulties that you are going through and these are lifelong lessons and will help you keep the weight off forever in the long run.

A stumbling block is just a stumbling block. As someone so wisely said: "This is not a race, it's a marathon." We are all human and we are all learning along the way.

I am a creature of habit and I love my routines. I do best when my routine stays the same. I hope getting back into your routine will help you too! You can do this! ...and think of how surprised your DH will be when he gets back and his wife is even more of a hottie than she was before he left!
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/208/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a hard time - that really sucks. But life is always going to throw hard times at us, and the success here is learning to deal with it without using food. If you need antidepressants then use them, and don't feel bad about it. I take a large dose of prozac myself. Maybe you can reframe the last week as a success because you did not *gain* a ton of weight. Maybe this isn't a time for you to be losing weight, but rather a time for the harder and very valuable practice of not loading on weight when things are tough. I think you're doing great, and very soon this will lift and you'll be sliding down the scale again. Hang in there...and hugs!
hollyfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyfer View Post
Maybe you can reframe the last week as a success because you did not *gain* a ton of weight. Maybe this isn't a time for you to be losing weight, but rather a time for the harder and very valuable practice of not loading on weight when things are tough. I think you're doing great, and very soon this will lift and you'll be sliding down the scale again.

Brilliantly said!
Tate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 275/231/180

Height: 6'

Hang in there Im sure you will pull through this. When life thorws a gernade at you pick it up and throw it right back. You are on the right track and getting the help that is necessary. Don't beat yourself up because you gained a couple of pounds, there are reasons that you gained them you are tough to even stay on protocol with the stress that you have going on right now!! We are all here to offer advice and kind words and even give you some support to get through your tough times, the day's a head will be better.

Have a fantastic Day and week!! Keep your chin up, and press forward!!
picky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'

Don't worry, that really sounds like a stressful time! Do the best you can and try not to worry. Also, antidepressants can sometimes make you gain weight, so starting up again can be difficult, but you seem to be doing fine!
emily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 320/396/175

Height: 5'8"

Thanks so much ladies, Im feeling better today, and not in so much of a funk !!
CaperTiff is offline   Reply With Quote