South Beach Diet - scale is freaking me out

View Full Version : scale is freaking me out

sfaj
05-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Hello all. So, I just started SBD Phase 1 on Sunday and I weighed myself for the first time today--I'm down 7.3 lbs. I've been counting calories on LoseIt and LoseIt says I should only have lost 1 1/2 or 2 lbs. I've been hitting my LoseIt calorie count most days (albeit with about 45-50% of my calories coming from healthy fats in eggs/olive oil). I'm kind of freaking out about having lost so much weight. I only have about 30 lbs to lose so it doesn't seem like I should be down this much. Do I need to be eating more? I'm not particularly hungry but I'm also not at my most energetic.

In short, advice, please!

Thanks.

ilbnej
05-08-2011, 11:06 AM
The extra was likely water weight. Nothing to worry about unless you have several weeks in a row with that big a difference in what you expect to lose and what you actually lose.

NicoleInCt
05-08-2011, 03:38 PM
We basically started at the same weight, and I did not lose that much weight my first week, but good for you! Just brace yourself for the possibility of no weight loss around weeks 4 or 5 as your body replaces all the water it let go of. Just be happy for now. It's a great initial boost!

imaginemama
05-08-2011, 03:55 PM
I did the same...lost 12 lbs in the first 2 weeks - which was 50% of my goal! It slowed right down after that but I have still lost at least a pound per week!

murphmitch
05-08-2011, 05:19 PM
I lost 8# in the first two weeks. Depending on how much water you were retaining and how you were eating before starting SB, you can lose a lot in the first 2 weeks. Now don't get discouraged on Phase II when the first week you gain a little (water weight) back. It happens.

DrivenByAmbition
05-08-2011, 05:22 PM
The first few weeks, most people lose more than 2 lbs on any diet. This is due to water weight.