Other Reduced Carb Diets - Dukan Diet Support

Pages : [1] 2 3

View Full Version : Dukan Diet Support

ralucax
05-05-2011, 06:07 PM
I thought this is the perfect place to go ahead and introduce myself. I'm 21, I currently live in Madrid and after being overweight mostly all my life I've decided 2011 it's going to be my year. I've done low cal in the past but was totally unsuccesful. I started this year at 227 lbs and dropped a few on the way. I did the 3 days diet (3 days chicken, turkey, fish, 3 days low fat dairies, 3 days fruit and vegetables) a month and a half and than had some problems and kept it low cal for a couple of weeks and now I'm on the Dukan Diet. I lost 5 pounds on the Attack Phase (7 days) and now is my second day on the Cruise Phase. I hope this goes well for me because I only heard good things about this diet and its results.

Sorry for rambling so much, I just like talking haha. Hope everybody has an easy and fun weight loss process (trying to be cheerful about everything is kinda my thing :D) and hopefully I'll soon post some before and afters (maybe after I lose 30 pounds)

beerab
05-05-2011, 06:52 PM
I read about that diet- it seems a bit extreme to me honestly. Good luck doing it but I'd also look into something less extreme like South Beach or even Atkins! I just can't see how eating pure meat for days at a time is healthy honestly. There is such a thing as protein poisoning.

ralucax
05-06-2011, 12:16 PM
I read about that diet- it seems a bit extreme to me honestly. Good luck doing it but I'd also look into something less extreme like South Beach or even Atkins! I just can't see how eating pure meat for days at a time is healthy honestly. There is such a thing as protein poisoning.

You're not eating pure meat. You can have vegetables, low fat yoghurt, skimmed milk, eggs, low fat chesse, you can make cookies, jellys, ice cream with sweetener. It's not actually that bad. :)

DaiseeDay
05-09-2011, 12:11 AM
Hey, congrats on your 5 pound loss!

I'm starting the attack phase tomorrow - according to dukan diet online I'm supposed to be on it for 4 days.

HopefulTricia
05-10-2011, 07:17 PM
I was on Ideal protein from February until October of 2010. Lost 68 lbs and have now gained about 36 of it back. It is so hard to get back on the same diet-- I have tried repeatedly since January. So now I am trying the Dukan Diet. This is day 4 of full protein(5 lb lost). I will survive another day of it but that's about all. Can't wait to start alternating days and hope with the pancake recipe I will be able to do this long enough to lose the 36 lbs. They feel awful after spending all that time LOSING them. I don't want them back again!! Great clothes in the closet don't fit. It's maddening. Hope to find some friends here. This site helped a lot with Ideal Protein. I am happy to hear all tips, advice, suggestions...cheats that aren't cheats. Oh I have one. I put nonfat vanilla yogurt and a few ice cubes in blender with a little DaVinci sugar free coconut syrup.
Yum yum and a nice healthy alternative to a vanilla shake.
I need to edit all my info below...

kermitlovespeggy
05-12-2011, 09:50 AM
Hi there!

Ralucax I am like you, on the cruise phase... well I started the dukan diet last month. I did 5 days of attack and lost 7lbs then once I started the cruise phase I put back on 2lbs got demotivated and totally lost it and ate everything as revenge.... well i bit my nose to spite my face. So now I have started again. Today is day 1 of Cruise and is PV day. I weight 9st 12 and want to weigh 9stone as soon as possible.

What is your experience on the cruise phase? Do you find that you go up and down in weight or is your weight going straight down? I would love to be able to share my journey with someone who is going through the same thing and that way i wont feel so alone and I won't be tempted to ruin it all just because the scales show a plus!!

According to my dukan graph, i will spend 38days on cruise phase to get to my goal weight - i am determined to see it out! I wish you luck and please keep posting!

kermitlovespeggy
05-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Any problems with the losing weight on the cruise phase?? I need some advice, I lost 6lbs on the attack whcih was great! But now I put one pound back on and can;t budge!! Is it because I'm doing heavy weights in the gym... I've decided that I want to do extra hard work on toning so have upped the weights to the maximum I can in the gym and do 4 or 5 reps of 12 ...

if any of you are a little behind on the weight loss after starting cruise then please let me know, or if you have any ideas on how to get me to see a drop again....I don't want to give up hope and am hoping that this a normal transition thing... I have been an angel on the diet side of things!!

ralucax
05-14-2011, 08:55 PM
Hey, congrats on your 5 pound loss!

I'm starting the attack phase tomorrow - according to dukan diet online I'm supposed to be on it for 4 days.

Oh, that means you don't have to lose a lot. :D I need to lose a loooooot of pounds, hence the 7 days attack phase. Well .. what can I say ? Good luck on your diet, have the best results and keep in touch to talk more about dukan dieting. Hugs :)

ralucax
05-14-2011, 09:11 PM
I was on Ideal protein from February until October of 2010. Lost 68 lbs and have now gained about 36 of it back. It is so hard to get back on the same diet-- I have tried repeatedly since January. So now I am trying the Dukan Diet. This is day 4 of full protein(5 lb lost). I will survive another day of it but that's about all. Can't wait to start alternating days and hope with the pancake recipe I will be able to do this long enough to lose the 36 lbs. They feel awful after spending all that time LOSING them. I don't want them back again!! Great clothes in the closet don't fit. It's maddening. Hope to find some friends here. This site helped a lot with Ideal Protein. I am happy to hear all tips, advice, suggestions...cheats that aren't cheats. Oh I have one. I put nonfat vanilla yogurt and a few ice cubes in blender with a little DaVinci sugar free coconut syrup.
Yum yum and a nice healthy alternative to a vanilla shake.
I need to edit all my info below...

Yuuuum Tricia, that sounds like an awesome treat :D . I need to go find some non fat vanilla yogurt cuz I haven't seen it often. I think I bought some one time but I'm pretty sure it wasn't low fat haha. Hope that i can find low fat one in Spain :D . I have only a vague idea about Ideal protein. Is it one of those diets when you replace a meal with shakes? Anyways it sucks that you gained all that weight back .. hope it was one time only and now is gonna be gone for good ! I found a website with dukan recipes, but i am soooooo busy that i didn't have the time to try even one. There were muffins, jellys and all kinds of sweets there that you can cook but the time doesn't allow me to do that. My desserts are 0% fat strawberry flavoured yogurt and sweetened yogurt. And my meals are the basic ones: low fat chesse sticks, 0% fat cottage cheese, chicken breast, turkey, salad,egg whites omelette and steamed veggies.
Talk to you soon and good luck with the diet ! XO

ralucax
05-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Hi there!

Ralucax I am like you, on the cruise phase... well I started the dukan diet last month. I did 5 days of attack and lost 7lbs then once I started the cruise phase I put back on 2lbs got demotivated and totally lost it and ate everything as revenge.... well i bit my nose to spite my face. So now I have started again. Today is day 1 of Cruise and is PV day. I weight 9st 12 and want to weigh 9stone as soon as possible.

What is your experience on the cruise phase? Do you find that you go up and down in weight or is your weight going straight down? I would love to be able to share my journey with someone who is going through the same thing and that way i wont feel so alone and I won't be tempted to ruin it all just because the scales show a plus!!

According to my dukan graph, i will spend 38days on cruise phase to get to my goal weight - i am determined to see it out! I wish you luck and please keep posting!

You are lucky. You have to drop so little weight. I need to be on the cruise phase until September the 20th. I weigh in weekly and I only did it once. The next one is in 4 days. I lost 2 lb and a half in the 1st week, but take in consideration that i am bigger and the first lbs are supposed to go off easily ... as you get skinnier the weight loss process is harder. You don't have to throw it all away just because you see a plus now and then, just remember that hard work does pay off and those extra lbs will go sooner or later (well .. sooner rather than later haha).
I wish you luck as well and keep me posted ! Hugs ! :D

HopefulTricia
05-15-2011, 10:34 PM
Yuuuum Tricia, that sounds like an awesome treat :D . I need to go find some non fat vanilla yogurt cuz I haven't seen it often. I think I bought some one time but I'm pretty sure it wasn't low fat haha. Hope that i can find low fat one in Spain :D . I have only a vague idea about Ideal protein. Is it one of those diets when you replace a meal with shakes? Anyways it sucks that you gained all that weight back .. hope it was one time only and now is gonna be gone for good ! I found a website with dukan recipes, but i am soooooo busy that i didn't have the time to try even one. There were muffins, jellys and all kinds of sweets there that you can cook but the time doesn't allow me to do that. My desserts are 0% fat strawberry flavoured yogurt and sweetened yogurt. And my meals are the basic ones: low fat chesse sticks, 0% fat cottage cheese, chicken breast, turkey, salad,egg whites omelette and steamed veggies.
Talk to you soon and good luck with the diet ! XO
Thanks Ralucax. I am struggling with Dukan after a really great start. Did 6 days of just protein and am now supposed to cruise a long time. sick of turkey and salad already! I have to get focused and just forget the sugar I am missing so badly. You'd think it would be easy since I dieted for a long time quite successfully recently BUT it isn't. Need to find the secret of success for me and fast. Maybe I'm just bored with high protein-- Ideal Protein is basically that- I avoided the IP packaged food and drank a prepared drink for breakfast & lunch and had a protein dinner. Later I progressed to one prepared drink and then two high protein meals. Do you find the Dukan diet easy?

ralucax
05-17-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks Ralucax. I am struggling with Dukan after a really great start. Did 6 days of just protein and am now supposed to cruise a long time. sick of turkey and salad already! I have to get focused and just forget the sugar I am missing so badly. You'd think it would be easy since I dieted for a long time quite successfully recently BUT it isn't. Need to find the secret of success for me and fast. Maybe I'm just bored with high protein-- Ideal Protein is basically that- I avoided the IP packaged food and drank a prepared drink for breakfast & lunch and had a protein dinner. Later I progressed to one prepared drink and then two high protein meals. Do you find the Dukan diet easy?

Well .. it's not easy but I kind of grown accustomed to it. It seems natural, like that is the way I am supposed to eat .. not a weight loss diet. Of course, I have the occasionally cravings, and there are few exceptions that I allowed myself but other than that I think I'm managing this diet pretty good. Maybe it is because I heard so many good things about it, and almost every person that has been Dukan dieting managed to hit the ideal weight, that helps me push through .. I don't know. Anyways .. this is just the beginning since I am supposed to be on the cruise phase until September 20th and to finish alltogether with the diet on March. I have a loooooooooong way to go and I know it's not gonna be easy, but you know what they say .. nothing worthwhile comes easy .. sometimes I cry, sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I'm angry, but I do hope that in the end I could say: Remember the time when I was fat?

XO

emmamc
05-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi guys,

Am a first time poster and started on the Dukan diet on Tuesday and have lost 6&1/2 Ibs so far which is pretty great :-D I have 35Ibs to lose in total, so 28.5 to go!
Am in the attack phase for 6 days and so far not finfing it too bad...... cant wait for some veggies though!
To save myself from food boredem I have been trying to experiment and made some curry burgers tonight which were yummy. I also make a sauce with fat free yoghurt, mustard, salt, pepper and mixed herbs which I put on everything, I cant stand dry food.
Have also ben mixing the bran with non fat yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla ecsence, which is great for a sweet fix.
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on here :)

x.

ralucax
05-20-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi guys,

Am a first time poster and started on the Dukan diet on Tuesday and have lost 6&1/2 Ibs so far which is pretty great :-D I have 35Ibs to lose in total, so 28.5 to go!
Am in the attack phase for 6 days and so far not finfing it too bad...... cant wait for some veggies though!
To save myself from food boredem I have been trying to experiment and made some curry burgers tonight which were yummy. I also make a sauce with fat free yoghurt, mustard, salt, pepper and mixed herbs which I put on everything, I cant stand dry food.
Have also ben mixing the bran with non fat yoghurt, sweetener and vanilla ecsence, which is great for a sweet fix.
I've really enjoyed reading everyone's posts on here :)

x.

Hi Emma

You lost a lot of weight in the attack phase and those other pounds will pass quickly .. you'll see girl ! When I ended up my attack phase and started my cruise I was so relieved haha .. I think I was never so excited in my life about veggies ! I also mix sweetened non fat yogurt with the bran, it's the only way I can eat it.
I also need to start doing some exercise, I really haven;t had time to do lately. I want to buy the P90 DVDs, I heard they are awesome. I don't know really ... I live like so far from the gym it makes my angry .. when I have like 2 hours free time I should be able to go immediately to the gym, not spend like 45 minutes on the way there ! Ohhh .. life ! Anyways, it's always nice to talk to people that are going through the same things as you, I mean the dukan diet and hear stories about how they are handling the situation haha !

XO

emmamc
05-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Hi Raluca,

Thanks for your encouraging words :) I am supposed to be on the attack phase for 6 days and it is now day five but am seriously in need of vege's so think I will cut the Atack phase short by one day, have ben dreaming about vege's!!!
A really good DVD which you should be able to get from Amazon is the Natalie Casidy, Then and Now work out DVD, it's good fun and gets good results :)

April Snow
05-22-2011, 07:35 PM
Hey all!

I started Dukan today, so I'll be following along for now, and then join you in Cruise in a week.

Porthardygurl
05-23-2011, 01:10 AM
Anyone know if this souvlaki would be okay for me to eat on the attack phase?

1 kabob has:

130 calories
2g carb
0g sugar
12g protein

Its made with pork tenderloin..and of course its just the kabob grilled on the bbq... Does this sound suitable?

ralucax
05-24-2011, 06:52 AM
Anyone know if this souvlaki would be okay for me to eat on the attack phase?

1 kabob has:

130 calories
2g carb
0g sugar
12g protein

Its made with pork tenderloin..and of course its just the kabob grilled on the bbq... Does this sound suitable?

I ate pork sometimes, even if it's not allowed. But I will get home at 10 o'clock and there would be nothing else to eat than that and well .. what was I supposed to do ? I guess it's ok .. bot don't do it often haha :)

ralucax
05-24-2011, 06:54 AM
Hey all!

I started Dukan today, so I'll be following along for now, and then join you in Cruise in a week.

Heeeeeey Welcome

Share your story here and write about how your weight loss process goes.

XO

Porthardygurl
05-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Do you ever feel deprived? Oddly enough..im actually stressed about starting this new program..Im actually afraid to fail..cause i said i would succeed on south beach and i lost 20 pounds and then im back at my highest weight from failing..i want to be sucessful..but im so afraid i cant do this...its driving me nuts..

ralucax
05-24-2011, 06:32 PM
Do you ever feel deprived? Oddly enough..im actually stressed about starting this new program..Im actually afraid to fail..cause i said i would succeed on south beach and i lost 20 pounds and then im back at my highest weight from failing..i want to be sucessful..but im so afraid i cant do this...its driving me nuts..

I do feel deprived sometimes, but then I start thinking about how I'll look when I'm gonna be all skinny and stuff and it goes away. When it won't go away I drink a glass of water or a decaff coffee with skimmed milk. If it's still not going away I log on to this website an watch the goal photo thread and look at those amazing results and imagine that one day I'll be like them too. I think it's all in the head and if you know how to manage the situation in time you won't be thinking about how you're deprived, and why the **** are all eating pizza and ice cream and I'm having only grilled chicken breast. You cant be thinking about not being succesful because if you start on the wrong foot, the whole diet is gonna be messed up, you can easily not start at all. Just be positive, think about the results every minute and there's no way you won't succed.
Let me tell you something. Next time you're like insecure, just write here, instead of falling off the diet wagon, cuz it's always harder the second time. You may make mistakes, but don't quit. Just go on ! You can do it ! :carrot:

April Snow
05-24-2011, 06:54 PM
chewing gum helps me a lot - it gives my mouth something to do and the sweet taste helps fill cravings. I have mint gum now, but I'm going to go get some of those dessert-y flavored ones and chew myself skinny! lol!

April Snow
05-24-2011, 06:57 PM
thanks for the welcome Raluca!! I was doing calorie counting, had a few ups and downs with it, and decided I was ready to try something different. I am really hoping that Dukan provides the long term benefits it promises for maintenance, as I think it's (relatively!) easy to lose weight but very, very, very hard to KEEP it off.

I haven't put a final goal because that's too big and scary a number. But I will be watching very eagerly to see how you and others do as you move through Cruise and into Consolidation. For me, that's going to be a year or more after the Cruise/weight loss part, so I'm glad to meet others following this plan!

Porthardygurl
05-25-2011, 03:35 AM
Well here i go..im officially starting on the Dukan Diet in t-minus 26 minutes..Ive had my last taste of scrumptious bread and scculent beautiful ice cream..and now im here..Im ready...Im ready to begin..let the transformation begin..If yalls want to keep me accountable that would be awesome..cause i do need it!

ralucax
05-26-2011, 08:14 PM
thanks for the welcome Raluca!! I was doing calorie counting, had a few ups and downs with it, and decided I was ready to try something different. I am really hoping that Dukan provides the long term benefits it promises for maintenance, as I think it's (relatively!) easy to lose weight but very, very, very hard to KEEP it off.

I haven't put a final goal because that's too big and scary a number. But I will be watching very eagerly to see how you and others do as you move through Cruise and into Consolidation. For me, that's going to be a year or more after the Cruise/weight loss part, so I'm glad to meet others following this plan!

I actually did calorie counting too, but I didn't lost like anything. You could see a pound or two in 2 weeks, but that is not a way of losing weight haha. I weigh in once a week so tomorrow's a big day for me! Can't wait to share stories and such. I should be off the diet for good in the end of March so we'll be chatting for a long time haha. I actually said I'll do a before and after, when I hit the 30 lbs minigoal.. still thinking about it. You can't see much of a difference in me cuz I havent done so much exercise, but there should be something. I think 30 lb is huuuuuge, because I was never able in my life to lose weight so we i'll hit that I'll be like singing and dancing all the day haha. Keep me posted and so will I!
XOXO

ralucax
05-26-2011, 08:19 PM
Well here i go..im officially starting on the Dukan Diet in t-minus 26 minutes..Ive had my last taste of scrumptious bread and scculent beautiful ice cream..and now im here..Im ready...Im ready to begin..let the transformation begin..If yalls want to keep me accountable that would be awesome..cause i do need it!

Well .. I wish you the best of luck! Make those lbs go away and show 'em who's the boss haha. :carrot: Keep me posted !
XO

April Snow
05-27-2011, 09:19 AM
Raluca -

you are getting close to that 30 lb minigoal!! great job!

April Snow
05-27-2011, 09:20 AM
I've got 2 more days of Attack - part of me is looking forward to some veggies but part of me is nervous about leaving the Attack phase!

ralucax
05-27-2011, 10:57 AM
I've got 2 more days of Attack - part of me is looking forward to some veggies but part of me is nervous about leaving the Attack phase!

I felt soooooo good when I finally got to eat some veggies :carrot:! I'm kinda starting to like this cruise phase, feels natural haha. I weighed myself today. Lost one pound and a half since last week and I am really proud of me lol.

April Snow
05-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Lost one pound and a half since last week and I am really proud of me lol.

That's awesome, congrats!!!!

What pattern are you following for alternating PP and PV days?

ralucax
05-27-2011, 04:15 PM
That's awesome, congrats!!!!

What pattern are you following for alternating PP and PV days?

1pp / 1pv. The easiest one. I thought i would mess it up if I did like 5/5, cuz I'd forget to keep track. Its working great for me.

Thank you. How's your weight loss so far? :)

April Snow
05-28-2011, 12:11 PM
1pp / 1pv. The easiest one. I thought i would mess it up if I did like 5/5, cuz I'd forget to keep track. Its working great for me.

yes, that makes sense!

I'm thinking about trying 3 PV/4 PP because I think that would work best with my schedule, and I read some Dukan forums where people said that was working well for them.

But once I start eating veggies again, maybe I won't want to go 4 days in a row without them!

April Snow
05-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Any my loss is great - I have one more day of Attack but couldn't resist weighing in today and was down 5.2 lbs in 6 days!!!

When I did the "True Weight" test online, it said I should lose 5.6 lbs during Attack, so I'm pretty and maybe will even make it since I have one day left.

seattlegirl08
05-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Hi there,

I just started the Dukan diet on 5/25/2011, with a beginning weight of 172. I am now in the middle of my fifth day and stepped on the scale this morning weighing 168. I am really excited about my progress and hope I can push through the summer to my goal weight of 135. According to dukandiet.com I should reach that goal by 9/27/2011. The Attack phase for me was a little hard, not because of the lack of food, but more the lack of social activities I am able to do. I am 28 and live in Seattle, most of my social events revolve around happy hours and going to bars and lounges. I am looking forward starting the cruise phase because I feel like it will be easier to go to dinners and events and eat sorta like a normal person. Any suggestions for me? People that are in the cruise phase now? I am really worried I will begin to gain my weight back. :?:

April Snow
05-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Seattlegurl!

Welcome and congrats on your great weight loss so far!!

I am starting Cruise today (well, it will really be tomorrow because I never got a chance to get any fresh veggies yesterday). I'm not sure if it's THAT much friendlier for socializing, there is still no alcohol and you are basically eating the same except for adding in veggies every other day. But I guess that if you time it so you have PV days when you go out, it's not quite as obvious to have protein and veggies and skip starches.

April Snow
05-29-2011, 10:56 AM
I just looked back at my True Weight graph and it actually said 6.5, not 5.6 so I turned that around in my head. But I still got 5.6 (and got my little 5 lb chickie picture!) and I think that's a great start.

ralucax
05-29-2011, 08:06 PM
I just looked back at my True Weight graph and it actually said 6.5, not 5.6 so I turned that around in my head. But I still got 5.6 (and got my little 5 lb chickie picture!) and I think that's a great start.

Yep, it is a great start ! According to the info on the official dukan website I should lose 2 pounds a week to get to my desired weight on 20th of September ! I have been 3 weeks on the cruise, on the forth now. I've lost 2 pounds in the first weeks and one pound and a half in the next two weeks. I am very curious to see this weeks weight since i haven't really been eating the bran and drinking a lot of water.

April Snow
05-30-2011, 03:43 PM
First day of PV - yay for veggies!

ralucax
05-31-2011, 05:11 PM
First day of PV - yay for veggies!

Haha ! How does it feel ? :carrot:

April Snow
05-31-2011, 06:07 PM
actually, not too good. I got either food poisoning or a stomach flu (possibly the flu as someone else I know was sick too). So I'm not eating much today anyway, had some poached chicken and broth a couple of times today, and my oat bran galette.

I have a feeling my weight will be up for a few days because of all of this, although hopefully a net loss in the end.

ralucax
06-01-2011, 08:10 PM
actually, not too good. I got either food poisoning or a stomach flu (possibly the flu as someone else I know was sick too). So I'm not eating much today anyway, had some poached chicken and broth a couple of times today, and my oat bran galette.

I have a feeling my weight will be up for a few days because of all of this, although hopefully a net loss in the end.

Oh, that;s bad. Hope you get better soon ! I was coming down wih a cold and for 2 days I couldn't eat anything. I was only craving peanuts, and I ate .. a LOOOOT of them ! But well, I told myself it was one time only and I'm never doing it again ! I'll weigh in on 4th of June and I think i'm not gonna like the results, but well .. I did it to myself. Next week will rock, though ! :carrot:

When do you weigh in ?! :)

irishmama
06-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Hello all!

I'm new to the forum!

Just found you...it'll be nice to connect with others also on Dukan. It's still so new a diet most people I know tend to think it's an Atkins wannabe.

Hope to share some tips and help to cheer everyone along!

This isn't my first time on a diet plan...;) but it will definitely be my LAST! This one is a keeper. Right now I'm cruising along...but should be at my goal and ready for the next phase early in October.

April Snow
06-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Raluca -

hope you are recovered from your cold, and hope that the peanuts don't show up too badly on the scale!!

I will officially weigh in on Sunday but I may sneak a peek tomorrow, not sure I can wait until Sunday! lol!

April Snow
06-02-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Irishmama!

Glad to see another Dukaner! How is Cruise going for you? Are you doing 5/5 or 1/1 for PP/PV? It sounds like you must be losing pretty steadily if you are confident you'll get to goal by October!!

irishmama
06-02-2011, 10:53 PM
Hi Irishmama!

Glad to see another Dukaner! How is Cruise going for you? Are you doing 5/5 or 1/1 for PP/PV? It sounds like you must be losing pretty steadily if you are confident you'll get to goal by October!!

I am really appreciating vegetables...nothing like a meat-only diet to create a craving for veggies!!

I'm doing 1/1 - seems to be working for me so far. Although I think I may have to occasionally switch it to 2/2 (is that even allowed?) when an event falls on what should be a PP day. I was at a bbq a couple of weeks ago and it would have been soooo much more enjoyable if I could have munched on some veggies while everyone else was having their chips and sweets. It was torture! I'm at a bday party on saturday (should be a PP day) and I don't think I could sit there looking at all that food while all I get is water...ugh!

The weight loss has been going well so far. The first 10lb I lost on my own by counting calories and excersing - it took me 3 months! and then I plateaued...
So, Dukan it is! Attack for 6 days (6.3lb loss). And now I'm nearly finished week 4 of cruise. Week 1 - lost 2.3lb Week 2 - lost 2.7lb Week 3 - gain 0.2lb
So far (peeking a little bit)...I'm at a 1.5lb loss....better be good this weekend! My weigh-in day is Monday - helps to keep me focused on the weekend.

The sweet-craving still comes up here and there...not at all today though. I'm still finding it tough to get in the daily exercise and drink enough water. And I really miss wine!! I really only have a glass or two on the weekends...but wow, I miss wine!!

April Snow
06-03-2011, 12:37 PM
down to 254 even today, and hoping to see a little bit lower by official WI on Sunday!!

ralucax
06-03-2011, 03:17 PM
Hello all!

I'm new to the forum!

Just found you...it'll be nice to connect with others also on Dukan. It's still so new a diet most people I know tend to think it's an Atkins wannabe.

Hope to share some tips and help to cheer everyone along!

This isn't my first time on a diet plan...;) but it will definitely be my LAST! This one is a keeper. Right now I'm cruising along...but should be at my goal and ready for the next phase early in October.

Hey Irishmama, welcome !

What diets have you been on ?
I am really enjoying myself on Dukan, it doesn't feel restrictive at all to me. :)

ralucax
06-04-2011, 05:21 PM
Weigh in today: 1,10 lbs lost. :carrot: Yaaay ! After all those peanuts still a loss ! Soooo happy ! How's everyone doing ? :)

April Snow
06-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Good job Raluca, glad the peanuts didn't do too much damage!!!

I was down 2.8 for the week, for a total of 8.4 after 2 weeks. So yeah, I'm pretty happy with this plan!!

ralucax
06-05-2011, 01:42 PM

I was down 2.8 for the week, for a total of 8.4 after 2 weeks. So yeah, I'm pretty happy with this plan!!

Wooooow you're losing so much! You must be quite excited haha :carrot:

irishmama
06-05-2011, 08:54 PM
Weigh in today: 1,10 lbs lost. :carrot: Yaaay ! After all those peanuts still a loss ! Soooo happy ! How's everyone doing ? :)

Woohoo! doing a little dance for ya...a few more calories burned

irishmama
06-05-2011, 08:55 PM

And another great loss!! Woohoo!
You guys are doing awesome!!!:carrot:

WI day tomorrow...fingers crossed! (think I'll be good though)

irishmama
06-05-2011, 09:03 PM
Hey Irishmama, welcome !

What diets have you been on ?
I am really enjoying myself on Dukan, it doesn't feel restrictive at all to me. :)

I was on WW for nearly a year...lost very little. I was really so frustrated with the whole experience. When I talked to my dr about it she suggested a nutritionist so we could really break down my diet and see what I could do about it. I think WW was too open for me - you can eat everything! Just count those points!
I was doing well with the nutritionist but found I stalled quite a bit. I lost my first 10lb with her program but it took me 6 months. I told her I would be switching to Dukan - and she was concerned about the lack of carbs. But really, as long as I am healthy, (and I do check in with my dr) then really the goal is about getting this weight off!

Went to another birthday party yesterday (I think I've been to 5 since I started this in May!) and it was easier to say no to those sweets and munchies than it has been since the beginning of this diet. I think those cravings are finally under control!:carrot:

ralucax
06-06-2011, 09:08 AM
I was on WW for nearly a year...lost very little. I was really so frustrated with the whole experience. When I talked to my dr about it she suggested a nutritionist so we could really break down my diet and see what I could do about it. I think WW was too open for me - you can eat everything! Just count those points!
I was doing well with the nutritionist but found I stalled quite a bit. I lost my first 10lb with her program but it took me 6 months. I told her I would be switching to Dukan - and she was concerned about the lack of carbs. But really, as long as I am healthy, (and I do check in with my dr) then really the goal is about getting this weight off!

Went to another birthday party yesterday (I think I've been to 5 since I started this in May!) and it was easier to say no to those sweets and munchies than it has been since the beginning of this diet. I think those cravings are finally under control!:carrot:

My cravings for sweets are always there, but .. I eat a yogurt and it passes.I hear people craving food like pasta or french fries or things like that .. I don't even think about those, I think about ice cream and oreos haha :)). But I did realise that since the beginning of this diet my cravings are not as strong, I can easily say no. I just hope that it all pays off in the end.
Tell me how your weigh in went today !

April Snow
06-06-2011, 12:08 PM
thanks Raluca and Irishmama! I really was surprised because I had a good first week and figured the second week would be ok but not great (and IMO, almost 3 lbs is GREAT!) I'll be very happy if I can steadily lose anywhere between 1.5 and 2.5 consistently, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes over the next few weeks.

So far, I haven't had too much trouble with cravings. I am following the advice in the book, to eat a little extra oatbran to help if I do really want to eat something off plan. I started making little cookies with oat bran and they aren't great, not a cookie replacement - they are more like a chocolate oat bran bread than a cookie! lol! But I do think the extra oat bran has definitely helped me out a few times when I needed to eat something but couldn't face another bite of protein.

irishmama
06-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Did my WI this morning...down 1.7lb! Woohoo! I'm happy with that!:carrot:

I'm hoping that the loss is ongoing and consistent - around 1-2lb per week. That should keep me on track!

So a good week - especially considering I was at a family birthday party on saturday. My mother-in-law made me BREADED chicken because she heard I was cutting back and wouldn't be able to eat the other option - PIZZA! Ugh!
Thank goodness I brought a yummy tomato/cucumber salad (so I could eat!). That chicken was breaded - fried - and covered in cheese and tomato sauce....yikes! She even sent it home with me for leftovers! :dizzy:

Needless to say, I had a giant plate of salad! The chicken made it to my plate but not to my mouth!

Week 5 of Cruise here I come!

April Snow
06-07-2011, 09:40 AM
congrats Irishmama - on the loss and for making good choices at the party!! Too funny about that chicken parm that was supposed to be the "healthy" option! lol!

April Snow
06-10-2011, 12:37 PM
How are all the Dukaners doing?

I am still hanging in there. Had kind of weird day a couple of days ago when I was REALLY hungry. I kept on plan and just ate a lot more on plan foods than I normally do - one of the nice parts of not having to worry about counting calories or points or carb grams!! It really showed me the value of planning though, and making sure I've got enough on plan snacks at work, just in case!!

ralucax
06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
How are all the Dukaners doing?

I am still hanging in there. Had kind of weird day a couple of days ago when I was REALLY hungry. I kept on plan and just ate a lot more on plan foods than I normally do - one of the nice parts of not having to worry about counting calories or points or carb grams!! It really showed me the value of planning though, and making sure I've got enough on plan snacks at work, just in case!!

Last week was **** for me. I had to babysit my baby cousin around 8 hours / day and didn't have time to cook anything and I ate a lot of junk. I only lost half a pound, which I am kinda happy about, cuz it's still a loss. Today I am beginning right on track again, doing everything by the book. Next weigh in is on the 20th and I am hoping to lose more than half pound ;) . Hows everybody doing with the weight loss? :)

April Snow
06-14-2011, 12:17 AM
sorry for the rough week, Raluca, but great attitude that at least you ended up with a small loss instead of going the other direction!

I had my 3 week WI yesterday and was down 3 for a total of 11.4 in 3 weeks. I am just amazed this plan can work this well!! I am sure things will slow down at some point but for now, I'm going to hang on and enjoy the ride! lol!

yossarianlives
06-14-2011, 08:25 AM
I'm on day 2 of Attack so I'm looking forward to joining cruise with you guys next week :D

I'm struggling with chronic appendicitis just now, so I can't figure out if I'm hungry, sore, or swollen argh, but sticking to plan! I never weighed in for my first day of plan as I was at hospital, so I'm not sure how much I've lost--will find out tomorrow! Excited!

yossarianlives
06-14-2011, 08:26 AM
April snow: what an amazing loss! Well done!

ralucax
06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
sorry for the rough week, Raluca, but great attitude that at least you ended up with a small loss instead of going the other direction!

I had my 3 week WI yesterday and was down 3 for a total of 11.4 in 3 weeks. I am just amazed this plan can work this well!! I am sure things will slow down at some point but for now, I'm going to hang on and enjoy the ride! lol!

Congratulations April :carrot: You are dong it ! ;)

ralucax
06-14-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm on day 2 of Attack so I'm looking forward to joining cruise with you guys next week :D

I'm struggling with chronic appendicitis just now, so I can't figure out if I'm hungry, sore, or swollen argh, but sticking to plan! I never weighed in for my first day of plan as I was at hospital, so I'm not sure how much I've lost--will find out tomorrow! Excited!

Heeey :carrot: ! Can't wait to have you here !

O2Bayummymummy
06-15-2011, 04:43 AM
Hi Ladies! I just found your website/blog : ) I started the dukan diet on May 30th so am still just at the beginning of my cruise. Apparently I should reach my goal weight around the first week of December (god I hope so!!). I have a little girl who is 2 1/2 and we would like to have another, but I want to lose this weight first and start in a healthy place : )

Allimac1
06-15-2011, 07:22 AM
Hi everyone, I started the Attack Phase yesterday and found it ok .... had organised the shopping the night before so I was prepared which I think is essential (from experience of starting diets before and failing!).

I feel great today .... made the oat bran pancake with egg white, quark and some cinnemon, it was really tasty :)

Looking forward to being a part of your forum.

Must go now and have a pint of water!!!!!

fadoo79
06-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Hello Everyone,
First time on this whole blogging thing and took me 1.5h to find my way to join in.
Anyways, I'm on my day 2 on the Cruise phase and shocked to find out that i actually gained the weight I lost on the Attack Phase back :(.
Not sure what Im doing wrong.
Im travelling in two weeks time and I should loose the weight B4 we reach Morocco as my in laws r not a big fan of weight gain and after having two kids ur body is not what it was.
If anyone can help that will be a life saving thing.
I was 140 lbs, lost 4 and gained them back. Although I do feel like im more toned than I was.

April Snow
06-16-2011, 12:20 AM
More new Dukaners! yay!! I just said hello to Allimac and someone else in the other thread!

thanks yossarianlives and raluca! I am thrilled with my losses so far, and just happy to find something that WORKS and that I have been doing well staying on plan. (allimac, yes having things planned out and prepared in advance is a major thing, and for me, so is having LOTS of on plan food with me at work - I may not eat it but it's got to be there just in case so no excuse for going off plan if I get extra hungry for some reason)

yossarian, that appendicitis sounds awful, can't they just take it out so you don't have to go through this? I am amazed that you are doing so great on a diet when you have to deal with that.

and hello to O2bayyummymummy and fadoo79!

Fadoo, it's not unusual to put back on a little water weight when you first start cruise. Also, did you eat a lot of veggies? I went a little crazy the first couple of PV days but with normal amounts of veggies, I seem to maintain on PV and then the loss shows up after a couple of PP days. So hang in there!

O2Bayummymummy
06-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Hi Again. I have also been finding that on my pv days I either stabilise or go up a bit, but after a pp day (or maybe 2) I usually go back down again.

I am doing the 1:1 ratio, anyone got any thoughts on the best rhythm??

Hey Allimac and Fadoo, nice to have some "petite" shorties ~5ft2 on here too : )

yossarianlives
06-16-2011, 07:06 AM
April snow: It's not severe appendicitis, so they won't take it out until it gets excruciatingly painful apparently :( It's a lot better today as it can be managed with antibiotics and painkillers, but I just have to careful not to irritate my stomach hah

And the sad thing is I was soooo excited about going Dukan on the monday, that I was eating my oat bran just before I went out the door to the doctors haha. Feeling a lot better, but not 100% yet

April Snow
06-16-2011, 08:47 AM
that still sounds pretty bad, yossarian, hope you continue to feel better!!

fadoo79
06-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Hello everyone,
It was a PV for me today and as expected, I did gain a tiny bit back. for a total loss of only 3 lbs.This morning I weighed 137.
And Hi April snow: thanks for replying, as a matter of fact I did go crazy on Vegies given that it was my first PV day after 5 PP Days.
Im reaching a point where Im losing Interest, any tips to keep Motivated?

O2Bayummymummy
06-17-2011, 05:19 AM
I am gaining and losing the same 0.7kg all week!! I have seen on other forums people saying that happens around 3 weeks into dukan - they are stable or maybe even gain a little for the week, but then keep on losing. Any thoughts??
I am trying so hard! At work today my boss bought everyone pizza and coke for lunch, so I ate my smoked chicken and salad before the meeting..... Also someone invited our whole group for birthday cake (gooey chocolatey homemade cake) and cupcakes and I had my boiled egg snack and a cup of tea... Aaargh - why do all the meetings and social occassions have to revolve around food??

And people always say "why aren't you having cake? Oh go on, just have a little bit." But all those "little bits" add up!!

Sorry for the rant.

Allimac1
06-17-2011, 06:47 AM
why do all the meetings and social occassions have to revolve around food??

And people always say "why aren't you having cake? Oh go on, just have a little bit." But all those "little bits" add up!!

Sorry for the rant.

I know!! Its all those "little bits" that have made me the way I am now!

Stay strong ... when I have sweet things/carbs etc. I can't stop .... but now on day 4 without them I am doing fine ..... one "little bit" is the slippery slope for me. Stay strong :hug:

fadoo79
06-17-2011, 09:45 PM
I am gaining and losing the same 0.7kg all week!! I have seen on other forums people saying that happens around 3 weeks into dukan - they are stable or maybe even gain a little for the week, but then keep on losing. Any thoughts??
I am trying so hard! At work today my boss bought everyone pizza and coke for lunch, so I ate my smoked chicken and salad before the meeting..... Also someone invited our whole group for birthday cake (gooey chocolatey homemade cake) and cupcakes and I had my boiled egg snack and a cup of tea... Aaargh - why do all the meetings and social occassions have to revolve around food??

Sorry for the rant.

hello there,
I have the same thing at My office and especially on team meeting. everyone brings food and trust me its not dukan approved.
so just now i started saying no and also mentioning that im watching what I eat. but also they keep insisting and telling u all the ingredients and assuring u that here treat is healthy. but u'll see they'll stop after a while.
Hang on there sis.
BTW im feeling kind plateaued in my weight so far. hope that changes soon
Good luck:dizzy:

O2Bayummymummy
06-18-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey!! Good news after gaining and losing the same weight all week (80.8 at the start of the week, then up to 81.5 then down then back...) Yesterday was 80.6 and today 79.8 :-)

YAY!! I broke through the sub 80 barrier !! And ended up down for the difficult week. Makes it worth saying no to the pizza, coke and cakes.......

Woohoo!!

jeannebeanie
06-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Hi All -

I am starting my cruise phase tomorrow and am so very excited to eat some veggies! The Attack phase went well and my only struggle is finding time to walk so I need to improve on that in a big way. Not sure what I have lost but will find out Tuesday. I only weigh once a week otherwise I obsess when I don't see daily changes. So glad to see so many on the Dukan adventure and I look forward to sharing my ups and downs of this journey. I'm sure hoping this will be the last of the diets I've tried over the years!

LosingIt4Good24
06-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Hi all! I'm a Dukaner too, so thought I'd jump in. I'm on day 12 of the cruise phase, after doing 6 days of Attack... and I've lost 10 pounds so far! I have a ways to go though - 30 pounds more to reach my goal, so it's a long ride, but so far, so good.

Cravings are pretty much gone, though occasionally a glass of wine or piece of chocolate craving passes by! Right now, I'm really missing fruit - summer fruit is the best! But those PV days - who would think you'd get so excited to have veggies?

My only worry is a vacation we're taking next month to Maine to visit a friend - I know I'll want to eat some yummy stuff and drink a little wine. I may have to indulge just a *tiny* bit, but I'm committed to losing weight and the Dukan plan has been great so far.

Good to meet you all!

ralucax
06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Hi Ladies! I just found your website/blog : ) I started the dukan diet on May 30th so am still just at the beginning of my cruise. Apparently I should reach my goal weight around the first week of December (god I hope so!!). I have a little girl who is 2 1/2 and we would like to have another, but I want to lose this weight first and start in a healthy place : )

Hey ! Welcome ! Hugs to you & your lil' girl ! :)

ralucax
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Hi everyone, I started the Attack Phase yesterday and found it ok .... had organised the shopping the night before so I was prepared which I think is essential (from experience of starting diets before and failing!).

I feel great today .... made the oat bran pancake with egg white, quark and some cinnemon, it was really tasty :)

Looking forward to being a part of your forum.

Must go now and have a pint of water!!!!!

Hey , welcome ! What can I say other than Success in your weight loss journey ! x

Allimac1
06-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Ah thanks Ralucax :)

ralucax
06-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone,
First time on this whole blogging thing and took me 1.5h to find my way to join in.
Anyways, I'm on my day 2 on the Cruise phase and shocked to find out that i actually gained the weight I lost on the Attack Phase back :(.
Not sure what Im doing wrong.
Im travelling in two weeks time and I should loose the weight B4 we reach Morocco as my in laws r not a big fan of weight gain and after having two kids ur body is not what it was.
If anyone can help that will be a life saving thing.
I was 140 lbs, lost 4 and gained them back. Although I do feel like im more toned than I was.

Hey Fadoo79 ! Don't panic. In some cases it says you can gain a bit when starting the cruise, but you are gonna lose it afterwards :) .

ralucax
06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Hi All -

I am starting my cruise phase tomorrow and am so very excited to eat some veggies! The Attack phase went well and my only struggle is finding time to walk so I need to improve on that in a big way. Not sure what I have lost but will find out Tuesday. I only weigh once a week otherwise I obsess when I don't see daily changes. So glad to see so many on the Dukan adventure and I look forward to sharing my ups and downs of this journey. I'm sure hoping this will be the last of the diets I've tried over the years!

Hey jeannebeanie ! Welcome ! I weigh in once a week too ! I keep a calendar on the wall where i note the date and the loss. It keeps me on track! :D

ralucax
06-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Under 200 ! :carrot: YAY ! Weighed myself in this morning : 199.9 ! Super extra mega hyper happy ! :D

jeannebeanie
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey jeannebeanie ! Welcome ! I weigh in once a week too ! I keep a calendar on the wall where i note the date and the loss. It keeps me on track! :D

Thanks for the great idea! :D

April Snow
06-20-2011, 03:12 PM
hey everyone, and welcome to the newcomers!!!

And woohooo Raluca, congrats on getting to Onederland!!!

Allimac1
06-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Under 200 ! :carrot: YAY ! Weighed myself in this morning : 199.9 ! Super extra mega hyper happy ! :D

Well done!!!!!!! Great to reach those milestones :)

yossarianlives
06-20-2011, 03:49 PM
Congrats on onederland Raluca! I remember that day and it was an awesome feeling! Well done!

ralucax
06-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks to everyone ! :carrot: You girls make this weight loss thing seem easier :)

fadoo79
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi all,
I'm so happy 4 u Relucax. Way to Go!
Thx 4 ur support, u were right! I did lose over this weekend. I'm now 135.4Lbs, YePPee!!!!:dancer:
Keep going everyone, we r all here 4 ur support. we r all gonna make it.
Lots of love
Dukaner

yossarianlives
06-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Does anyone go to the gym whilst on cruise? I have a (rather expensive) gym membership and I'm itching to get back to the gym. I didn't want to go in attack since everything was changing, but I was just wondering how the energy levels handle extensive cardio? I know Dukan says exercise is not exactly recommended, but I was obviously regularly exercising just before I started and my body is used to it?

Opinions please :)

yossarianlives
06-20-2011, 08:09 PM
Well done on powering through your plateau fadoo:D you're doing great!

ralucax
06-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Hi all,
I'm so happy 4 u Relucax. Way to Go!
Thx 4 ur support, u were right! I did lose over this weekend. I'm now 135.4Lbs, YePPee!!!!:dancer:
Keep going everyone, we r all here 4 ur support. we r all gonna make it.
Lots of love
Dukaner

Yuhuuu ! So little and you're meeting your goal :carrot:

ralucax
06-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Does anyone go to the gym whilst on cruise? I have a (rather expensive) gym membership and I'm itching to get back to the gym. I didn't want to go in attack since everything was changing, but I was just wondering how the energy levels handle extensive cardio? I know Dukan says exercise is not exactly recommended, but I was obviously regularly exercising just before I started and my body is used to it?

Opinions please :)

I wanna go to the gym so bad, but its very far from me and i dont find the time. I workout before I go to bed, I have some old dvds, but I am looking forward to working out at the gym soon. I think that you should take it slow and see how far can you get. There is no weight loss process without exercise, nobody wants a flabby body with loose skin hanging all over :)) .

Allimac1
06-21-2011, 04:40 AM
Hi everyone,

I've just finished Attack Phase and lost 6 lbs in the week and I am delighted.

I am scared of moving into the Cruise Phase, I feel I am doing great on the Protein only and afraid of adding extra foods!!!! Anyone else feel like this and, if so, were your fears unfounded?
Thanks

:)

fadoo79
06-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Hi all,
I think u should go 4 exercise it helps a lot.
I was stuck for a while but exercise helped me break through the Plateau Finally. So by all means go if u can. I find weight training helps. u spend less time and get Better results n the long run.
And just a thought for the new person who's scared to move to cruise Phase: u'll gain maybe like a pound the first few days and lose it back shortly after and lose steadily after.
it's true an average of 1 to 2 Lbs a week.
Good luck everyone

jeannebeanie
06-21-2011, 07:47 PM
1st weekly WI and lost 7lbs.!! Today is day 3 of cruise phase (PV) and things are going well. The walking is lacking a bit but it's been near 100 for the past few days so I need to get back on track with that.

fadoo79
06-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone,
Was watching Dr Oz yesterday and he was talking to some Journalist by the name of Gary Taubes. I went after and did some research and he recommends people to Stop eating Carbs and eat meats and fats for weight loss. He even recommends not to exercise cuz it makes u more hungry!!!
Long story short: sounded Interesting and close to Atkins Diet and even Dukan!
Check him out on Youtube. Dude that guy is convencing!!!
Lots of credible Facts and Ideas Let me know what do you think.

fadoo79
06-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Congrats Jeannebennie, good work:carrot:

ralucax
06-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I've just finished Attack Phase and lost 6 lbs in the week and I am delighted.

I am scared of moving into the Cruise Phase, I feel I am doing great on the Protein only and afraid of adding extra foods!!!! Anyone else feel like this and, if so, were your fears unfounded?
Thanks

:)

Hey Allimac,

I felt good during attack and even better on cruise. I kept on losing and it was fine for me. I heard some people gain a little at first on cruise, but lose it quick. So if that happens don't be angry :D, it'll go away ! Hope everything goes fine for you !

jeannebeanie
06-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Congrats Jeannebennie, good work:carrot:
Thanks Raluca!

Allimac1
06-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Hey Allimac,

I felt good during attack and even better on cruise. I kept on losing and it was fine for me. I heard some people gain a little at first on cruise, but lose it quick. So if that happens don't be angry :D, it'll go away ! Hope everything goes fine for you !

Thanks Ralucax ..... I had my first PV day yesterday and tried not to overdo it .... doing PP today ..... going to resist the urge and not weigh in til Tuesday!

ralucax
06-23-2011, 06:30 AM
Thanks Ralucax ..... I had my first PV day yesterday and tried not to overdo it .... doing PP today ..... going to resist the urge and not weigh in til Tuesday!

Haha .. tuesday's my weigh in day too. we'll share the results ! :D

Allimac1
06-23-2011, 07:04 AM

:hug:

FancyNancy1973
06-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi Ladies - New to Duikan (10 days old). Did the Attack - lost 9lbs! Started the Cruise on Monday and have gained a pound (:?:). Trying not to get discouraged. Doing the 1:1 PP/PV. It will start to fall off right????

P.S. NOT CHEATING AT ALL.

April Snow
06-23-2011, 11:36 PM
hello to all, and welcome to all the newbies! Some great losses going on and I'm so happy to see more people finding this plan because I think it ROCKS!

yesterday was my 1 month anniversary and I was down 15 lbs total. I have been stuck like glue on plan, and not having any problems not going off. I can't remember that before. (I will change my ticker on Sunday, I like to make a little ritual about it! lol!)

April Snow
06-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Hi Ladies - New to Duikan (10 days old). Did the Attack - lost 9lbs! Started the Cruise on Monday and have gained a pound (:?:). Trying not to get discouraged. Doing the 1:1 PP/PV. It will start to fall off right????

Don't worry about it, it's pretty normal when you have your first PV days, as your body adjusts back to having even that relatively small amount of extra carbs (beyond the oat bran and the dairy carbs). And a lot of people go a little crazy and eat a LOT of veggies the first few PV days too, since it feels so exciting! lol!

you'll drop that pound and more on your PP days (not necessarily day by day, but you should see a drop week over week)

ralucax
06-24-2011, 05:32 AM

Hang in there ! It gets better ! :carrot:

yossarianlives
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
I'm on my 5th day of Cruise :) I treated myself to a cup of Ben and Jerrys fir my birthday at the cinema (23 today :D ) which is my only ever deviation so far. Holding off to weighing once a week so don't know how I'm doing yet, but I'm going to do PP on saturday and Sunday to help with the Ben and Jerrys lol

Definitely feeling thinner, so I'm really excited about weighing in. I'm actually not finding PP very hard at all just now... I find it more difficult getting excited about vegetables tbh. Hmm. I'm questioning going to a 4/3 PP/PV system for a couple of weeks with sat and sun being PP, but I'll see how that goes and I'll keep you gals posted!

yossarianlives
06-24-2011, 09:44 PM
Congrats on your anniversary April Snow lol! You're doing great :D

I hope everyone is doing great and sticking to plan better than I did... Hah

April Snow
06-26-2011, 05:07 PM
finished week 5 today (1 week Attack and 4th week Cruise).

Had a great week - down 3.4 for a total of 17. I wasn't doing anything different this week but there was a big whoosh in there for some reason.

Still sticking like glue - went out to a restaurant with friends and got a steak and grilled shrimp along with some veggies and skipped all the potatoes and bread. It was easier than I thought - it looked good (this place has great homemade bread) but it wasn't hard to just not have any. Sunday morning WI are a good motivation to stay on plan on the weekends!! lol!

fadoo79
06-27-2011, 09:05 PM
finished week 5 today (1 week Attack and 4th week Cruise).

Had a great week - down 3.4 for a total of 17. I wasn't doing anything different this week but there was a big whoosh in there for some reason.

Still sticking like glue - went out to a restaurant with friends and got a steak and grilled shrimp along with some veggies and skipped all the potatoes and bread. It was easier than I thought - it looked good (this place has great homemade bread) but it wasn't hard to just not have any. Sunday morning WI are a good motivation to stay on plan on the weekends!! lol!

Congrats Aprilsnow,
Happy 4 u:hug:
I went Down one more pound this week and feel like i'm flying.
Can't wait till I reach the 130 lbs as a sub goal,hopfully b4 my vacation that will start on July 1st .hope to be able to resist the temptation of the Yummy Moroccan cuisin!!!:dizzy:

Allimac1
06-28-2011, 04:38 AM

Hi everyone, had my Week 2 weigh in this morning - I've been doing 1 pp/1 pv and I am down a further 4 lbs, that's 10 in total!!!!! Absolutely delighted :carrot:

How did you get on Ralucax?

yossarianlives
06-28-2011, 07:52 AM
Completed my first week on cruise and lost about 2lbs. I am now down to 169, which I have never seen in years! Super excited about my weigh in next week already lol I cant believe how close I am getting to the home run! Finally!

Allimac1
06-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Completed my first week on cruise and lost about 2lbs. I am now down to 169, which I have never seen in years! Super excited about my weigh in next week already lol I cant believe how close I am getting to the home run! Finally!

Well done, I just completed my first week on cruise as well. Loving the weight loss but having a bad day today :( having terrible cravings!
Must resist ......

irishmama
06-29-2011, 03:27 PM
Hello all! Just checking in!

It's been a few weeks since I stopped by. I'm now on Week 8 of Cruise and still going strong. I'm finding the plan fairly easy to follow - even when eating out. But have added the sugar-free jello to help ease those sweet cravings - working quite well for me. A diet coke helps with that too!

I'm trying to stick to just checking my weight once a week BUT I am writing that weight on my calendar and it's amazing to see it drop. I'm averaging 1-2lbs per week and my clothes are getting looser and looser. I think I'm down a full size now:carrot:

Keep up the great work everyone!

yossarianlives
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
I was feeling a real chocolate craving today--it was terrible! But I went home and had a nice mug of low-fat hot chocolate, and it hit the spot yum yum! I'm on PV today and had a lovely mushroom stroganoff kind of thing for dinner, with some frying steak and it was delicious! It was great having a relatively normal dinner again.

Going to my Grandma's tomorrow to help my Dad decorate, so I will need to take my own food (PP tomorrow) as I don't want to be tempted with cakes and breads, and all those lovely things Grandmas have.

Still super excited about weighing in on Monday--I would love to be under 12 stone :D

Irishmama, you're doing great so far! 30lbs according to your profile! I eat so much sugar-free jello too--have just made a fresh batch in the fridge. I really struggle with holding myself back from the scale too.. its horrible!

Weezie
06-29-2011, 06:58 PM
So, one the cruise phase, do you eat one day protein and one day protein and vegetables, or do you eat like 3 days of protein and 3 days of protein and vegetables? Thanks.

yossarianlives
06-29-2011, 07:28 PM
I do Mon/Wed/Fri vegetables, and the rest as proteins because it's easier for me with my work patterns, but ideally you are meant to swap day about like you said.

jayohwhy
06-29-2011, 10:48 PM
Hi dukaners! I'm on day three of attack and had a mini milestone- I cooked spaghetti for my husband for dinner without having any! Instead I had some baked chicken tenderloins...

O2Bayummymummy
06-30-2011, 05:51 AM
April snow, I am up to week four of cruise this week - so I hope I get a whoosh too!! That sounds great, also you have been very good to stick like glue : )
Jayohwhy - good job on your mini milestone, well done you.
Yossarian, I think the extra protein only days can only be good thing and help with the weight loss.
Allimac - great work!

O2Bayummymummy
07-01-2011, 05:07 AM
Hi Ladies! I am soooo exhausted today: ( I am glad it's friday : ) Had a bit of a slip today, went out to lunch (it was a pv day) and there was nothing suitable at all!! Should have had a soup I guess but ended up having chicken noodle dish (vietnamese place). It was great, but I was disappointed about my slip. Just pick up and keep on going I guess. Also I have been terrible at walking this week - partly I think as I am soo tired.

Hopefully things look a bit brighter after the weekend...

April Snow
07-01-2011, 09:27 AM
hi everyone!

O2Bay, just get right back on the horse! I haven't slipped but my plan is throw in an extra Attack/PP day or two if I ever do, I think that would get you right back on track.

April Snow
07-01-2011, 09:46 AM
I was out of town for a few days on vacation with my son. I was determined to stay on plan and I did but it was hard to get enough on plan food at restaurants. The portions are designed to have side dishes, but most of the time, the sides were all starches, sometimes I couldn't even get a salad. So I'd be having this tiny little protein portion and that's all! I did end up eating some cheese that was on my chicken one time - I know it wasn't low fat but I was still so low on calories for the day, probably around 800 even with the cheese. not because I was trying to be, just hard to find food I could eat!

And we were also very active, so between the two, I'm down almost 3 lbs with another couple of days to go before my WI. I had originally set 20 lbs in 10 weeks as an initial goal, now it looks like I'll be there in 6 weeks!! So now I'll see if I can get to 26 lbs and get my first 10% down during this first 10 weeks.

O2Bayummymummy
07-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Wow April snow, well done, thats great!
It is wonderful that your goals are approaching even faster than you thought ; )

ralucax
07-02-2011, 08:32 AM
Hi everyone, had my Week 2 weigh in this morning - I've been doing 1 pp/1 pv and I am down a further 4 lbs, that's 10 in total!!!!! Absolutely delighted :carrot:

How did you get on Ralucax?

2 pounds in a week, but i didn't stick on plan 100 % . I am crazy busy and i cheat a loooot because of that ! that's why i'm posting like 2 weeks after :dizzy: . Hopefully I'll really get on track soon !

Also, congratulations Allimac1, you must be like super happy :carrot: !

yossarianlives
07-04-2011, 07:29 PM
I weighed in this morning and am apparently up to 171lbs. Really disappointed, but I guess I just have to keep going...

April Snow
07-05-2011, 12:46 AM
hang in there yossarian - drink lots of water and see if you can push yourself back down to where you were.

and good job raluca, losing even when you weren't able to stick completely on plan!

hope everyone is getting a great start to a new week!!

ralucax
07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Weighed in this morning ! - 1.10 pounds . Yuhuuuuu!

Hope everyone is doing great ! :carrot:

yossarianlives
07-06-2011, 05:52 PM
Well done Raluca! You're nearly half-way there! :D

I'm still religiously committed to Dukan again, and I'm feeling good about my next weigh in :) Drinking loads of water and tea, and hoping for a good weigh in before TOM.

April Snow
07-06-2011, 06:27 PM
yay Raluca!!!

and good job getting back on track yossarian! you are getting so close to your goal too!!

O2Bayummymummy
07-08-2011, 05:09 AM
Hey ladies : ) I took your advice April snow, put in another protein only day and am back to loosing again ; ) : ) ; )

Hooray.

On the not so good side i think I am getting my daughters cold....Although it probably will supress any appetite

April Snow
07-08-2011, 03:45 PM
O2Bay -

glad the extra Attack day worked for you, and good for being back on plan and losing!!!

Hope the cold isn't too bad. Not sure if they have this stuff in Oz, but it works wonders for me in stopping a cold before it gets started.

http://www.umcka.com/

April Snow
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
down 2.2 for the week, for a total of 22.6 lbs in 7 weeks.

Have I mentioned that I love this plan? :smile:

Mango30
07-10-2011, 10:37 PM
Hi all, I'm a newb to Dukan but I'm on day one of Attack and seriously struggling. I have a headache. I understand that the first few days will be the hardest and I'm doing everything I can to hang tough. Keeping myself busy, drinking plenty of water, and I did my 20 minutes of walking although I might do more later as I don't see why not and it'll keep me busy. I weighed in about four days ago for a challenge and have not been on a scale since then, so if I weigh in tomorrow I'll have a better base for how much I'll lose in my attack. I just don't want to see a higher number then I saw the other day.

carrieanne4
07-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi mango30,
I have just finished my attack stage and the 1st day is the hardest but as soon as you see your weight go down you will feel alot more motavated and it all seems worth it i lost 4lbs in 5 days and had 2 days on the cruise plan now and lost another 1lb so im deffinetly sticking too it.
I find the more walking or exercise i do the more i drink and the less hungry i feel so do as much exercise as you want to do.
Best of luck for your weigh in tomorrow!!

April Snow
07-11-2011, 12:42 PM
I take potassium/magnesium supplements (along with my regular vitamins). I used to have horrid "induction flu" any time I tried doing a low carb plan, and I was a bit hesitant about Dukan too. But with the supplements plus the carbs you get from the oat bran and the dairy, I found that I could manage to get through the first few days of that tough part.

and at least for me, I have felt great once I went though the carb "detox." I don't even have cravings very much and when I do, I follow what the book says and have some extra oat bran and that has completely worked for me.

7 weeks plus and still 100% on plan! Hang in there Mango, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results and you'll definitely feel better soon.

Mango30
07-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I do feel better today, maybe there was more going on yesterday then just carb withdrawl. I went to bed early and when I woke up I showered and weighed in, 251.5, thank GOODNESS it was not as high as the last time I stepped my pudgy feet on that scale. I'm on plan for today too, as long as coffeemate sugar free creamer is on plan ;) I've only so far read the attack phase part of the book, but want to start reading into the cruise phase so I have something to look forward too, lol! Yesterday was a lot of shrimp and chicken tenderloin and two eggs. By 8pm I was hungry but disgusted with my options. This morning before work I went and picked up some beef tenderloin medalions that looked very lean, no marbeling of any fat in the steaks, just around the outside. Thats lunch, and then maybe more water and ceyanne boiled shrimp for dinner.

How long did you all stay on attack? I feel like, because I have so much to lose that I should stay on for at least 7-10 days. And then I really think about it and it sounds absolutly insane to do attack that long. What do you all think?

April Snow
07-11-2011, 05:07 PM
I did 7 days of Attack. Well, sort of 8 because I started off Cruise with a PP day.

I think 7 is fine but 10 might be pushing it.

Also, be prepared that you may very likely see an increase when you do have veggies again. It's temporary, just water, and once you get into the alternating PV/PP cycle, it shouldn't keep happening. It's just a short term thing after the strictness of Attack.

yossarianlives
07-11-2011, 05:28 PM
Weighed in this morning at 169lbs, so I'm rid of the 2 that I seemed to gain last week hah. Waiting on TOM so I kind of hope I've got a bit of waterweight to get rid of tee hee

Well done on your loss April Snow! You're doing great! :D

Welcome newbies!

O2Bayummymummy
07-12-2011, 05:25 AM
APril Snow your 100% dedication is awesome. I can only keep trying (although I don't find it too hard to keep to plan)...

Mango30
07-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm an everyday weigher and no loss this morning :( Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I was on plan yesterday though with no slip ups! maybe I just didnt drink enough water yesterday. I need to work on water drinking ques, like putting a glass of water on every flat surface in my house so everywhere I turn there is water to be drunk.

Today will be a struggle to stay OP, work issues and free food. But I'm going to try and stay strong and be motivated by the number on the scale going down instead of up.

April Snow
07-12-2011, 09:33 PM
thanks yossarian and 02bay!! you guys are doing great too, and it's really fun to have so many others following the same plan.

for me, the biggest factor has been planning in advance and always having on plan food readily accessible. Like 02Bay, I don't find it that hard to stay on plan, meaning I'm not having to fight crazy cravings. But when I do get hungry it can be tempting to grab something just because it's there, and that's often going to be some kind of packaged food. However, as long as it's equally quick to grab something I can eat on plan, then I am fine.

Mango30
07-13-2011, 03:51 PM
I finally saw a downward shift in the scale, 1.5 lbs this morning which made me very pleased. I have two questions:
1) how bad of a screw up is a three egg omlet with reindeer sausage and cheese?
2) are shirataki noodles acceptable in the cruise phase?

April Snow
07-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I finally saw a downward shift in the scale, 1.5 lbs this morning which made me very pleased. I have two questions:
1) how bad of a screw up is a three egg omlet with reindeer sausage and cheese?
2) are shirataki noodles acceptable in the cruise phase?

1) eggs are fine. I'm guessing reindeer meat is very lean, so that is fine too. Full fat cheese is not great, so hopefully it was just a little bit of cheese? If so, I personally think that's not terrible, but I try my best to stay closer to plan.

2) I had to research that a bit, but good news, they are ok for PP and PV days and even for Attack!!

https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=216672271706032#!/note.php?note_id=216672271706032#!/TheDukanDiet

Mango30
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Thank you April! You just made my day! I love Shirataki noodles and would hate to not be able to eat them on plan.

I'm pretty sure the omlet was full fat cheese. I complained yesterday about the lack of healthy choices for the trainings I was in and that they were not meeting my needs as a memeber of the staff and that was their concession to me.

yossarianlives
07-13-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm buying some Shirataki noodles right now! :D Very excited about experimenting with them.

How would you describe their taste? What is a good thing to accompany them?

CeeCab
07-14-2011, 11:24 AM
Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum and thought I'd join if you guys don't mind ;)

This is my first attempt at dieting and actually completed the Attack Phase (3 days) and lost a total of 5.4 lbs since the beginning.

I am on Day 2 of Cruise Phase and did gain 0.8 lbs, but I'm wondering if it's because of all the vegetables I consumed on Day 1 of Cruise... but I'll still continue tackling this out and stay positive. I think this forum will help me persevere!

sarowhanian
07-14-2011, 12:40 PM
Hey all I started the dukan diet like 3 1/2 weeks ago and since I started the cruise phase I haven't lost a pound. The attack phase was awesome I lost 10lbs but as soon as I started the cruise phase I gained 2lbs back and now can't lose. I know the book says when you eat veggies water will follow but if you do the protein only days its suppose to come off! I'm getting really discouraged and depressed! What am I doing wrong or should I do? Please help.

April Snow
07-14-2011, 12:45 PM
welcome ceecab and sarowhanian!!

It is definitely normal to see a slight increase when you first start Cruise and having vegetables. And I see a pattern for myself where I tend not to lose much, if at all, when I'm having PV days, but I do see the loss on my PP days. I usually do 3 PV days in a row and then 3-4 PP days, so that makes the difference a bit more dramatic.

sarowhanian, what pattern are you using for PV days vs. PP days? And what are your normal foods for those days?

Mango30
07-14-2011, 03:36 PM
So last night I was looking for a Dukan support forum but didn't really find one, I was pretty lazy about the search though. Anybody know of any other support forums specific to Dukan. I did find the Dukan website and the UK site is much nicer then the US site. I guess they have personal coaching in the works, but the site does not work yet for that.

I had two hot dogs last night for dinner, options were pretty slim in my fridge after a long training day and then a long talk with Ghost, a 3FC member who I found out yesterday lives in my town. I was up three lbs this morning, obvioulsy from the sodium in hot dogs and probably from the omelet with reindeer sausage that came from a restaurant (it was probably loaded with salt). And its inching closer to TOM, so I'm not worried. I'll drink extra water today, and do an extra long walk with Ghost and I think I'll be fine.

April Snow
07-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Mango, that's fantastic that you and Ghost will have each other for in person support!!! I'd love to find someone where I live for that too.

Agree that you are carrying water - just keep chugging the water, and hopefully, those 3 lbs will take a friend or two with them when they go away!!

Mango30
07-15-2011, 02:57 PM
Yay! It was water weight and you were right April, they left and took a friend with them. I weighed in at 249 this morning for a total of 6 lbs lost since Monday. 6 lbs in 5 days and I'm staying on attack for a total of 10 days due to the amount of weight I have to lose. Right now Dukan is the #1 thing on my mind and I've been telling everybody at work how well its going for me.

April Snow
07-17-2011, 11:52 AM
week 8 WI. Down 1.8 for a total of 24.4

Mango30
07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
grrr, just lost a post in internet black hole...hate it when that happens!

Good job April! I hope I can maintain good steady loss like you. I'm down to 248.5 and happy. I'm on day 8 of Attack and going to go for two more days just because I can. I'm not craving carbs at all and ankles and feet are for the first time in months not swollen.

I'm planning on putting some extra time in on the treadmill today and maybe even go out to the beach and walk the sand dunes if my Son comes home while the sun is still shinning.

Hope everybody had a great successful weekend!

April Snow
07-18-2011, 01:47 PM
thanks Mango - I'm hoping I continue to see good steady loss, too! lol!

You're doing great as well, so wonderful to not have those swollen feet.

Hope everyone is doing well. Some of you are getting close to moving from Cruise to Conso, I think?

Mango30
07-18-2011, 05:44 PM
April, have you thought about your next goal since you are quickly approaching the finish line for your ticker goal?

I was back up to 250 again this morning. I'm very frusterated. I was 250 on the 13th. I don't know what the h-e-ll is going on with my body but I'm not liking it at all. I feel like no matter how hard I try my body finds a way to stay fat no matter what.

yossarianlives
07-18-2011, 06:21 PM
You guys seem to be doing great.

I went on a ridiculous night out on Saturday (can anyone say 'hangover'?) so I missed my weigh-in on Monday out of fear hah, but TOM is here and I'm doing an attack until Friday (this week's weigh-in) to see if I can break through the 12-stone barrier. Excited! :D

April Snow
07-18-2011, 06:45 PM
April, have you thought about your next goal since you are quickly approaching the finish line for your ticker goal?

I was back up to 250 again this morning. I'm very frusterated. I was 250 on the 13th. I don't know what the h-e-ll is going on with my body but I'm not liking it at all. I feel like no matter how hard I try my body finds a way to stay fat no matter what.

I'm going to do another 10% - but I'll do it for my current body weight, so instead of it being 26 lbs, it's only 23 lbs this time. That's my reward for losing the first 10%!!

as for your bounce in weight - TMI, but are you constipated? It's normal for that to happen on attack and can definitely account for some of the extra weight. if that's the case, make sure to drink lots and lots and maybe try a stool softener or mild laxative.

April Snow
07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
You guys seem to be doing great.

I went on a ridiculous night out on Saturday (can anyone say 'hangover'?) so I missed my weigh-in on Monday out of fear hah, but TOM is here and I'm doing an attack until Friday (this week's weigh-in) to see if I can break through the 12-stone barrier. Excited! :D

good luck with your Friday goal, hope you make it!!! I'm hoping I make my 10% goal on my next WI - or I'll do an extra WI on Friday too because that's my 2 month anniversary and I like to track those too.

yossarianlives
07-19-2011, 11:07 AM
You are doing so great--every time I come on here I feel like your ticker is even further than before! :D

Mango, persevere! I know it's pretty hard going when you don't see a change (or, at one point I saw +4lbs!) but power through!

Mango30
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Thanks you two. Yossarianlives, I think I would die if I saw a 4 lbs gain. I for sure would order a pizza.

250 again this morning, still no change and I was OP attack all day yesterday with not screw ups, all protein and a 35 minute walk on the treadmill, and even a little sprint in the middle to get my heart rate higher. I drank so much water yesterday that I was up three times in the night to pee and thought for sure I would have to have a loss but NOTHING!

Mango30
07-19-2011, 03:40 PM
Oh, and I should mention that my breath is so offensive that my boyfriend said he'd rather have a fat girlfriend then a stinky one. Nice. He slept at his own apartment last night and will probably not be welcome back tonight either.

deemacloud
07-19-2011, 04:49 PM
hi i'm new here i'm in cruise phase i still have 15 days to finish this phase but i have to lose 4 kg.and to make things worse i'm in my period and it's so hard to prevent my self from eating bad.the diet realy works but i don't know if i can keep going .help i need some motivation

deemacloud
07-19-2011, 05:33 PM
dear mango30 don't drink too much water because it will mess with your wieght .Drink 1.5litres of water per day (not much more and not less). about the bad breath try to chew some Cardamom or mint that would help you alot .

jeannebeanie
07-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Day 24 of the cruise phase and down 15 lbs. Tuesdays are WI days and today was a great day! Keep up the great work everyone! :cheer2:

Mango30
07-19-2011, 09:32 PM
Great job Jeannebeanie!

April Snow
07-20-2011, 01:35 PM
welcome deemacloud and congrats jeannebeanie!!

hang in there, everyone!

April Snow
07-23-2011, 02:04 PM
how's everyone doing? yossarian, how did you do with your WI?

I forgot to WI yesterday even though it was my 2 month anniversary but I had an early meeting at work. Still no loss this morning but maybe I'll get an overnight whoosh and show SOME movement for the week. A little frustrated because I have continued to be on plan with one tiny exception this week - 2 small slices of avocado (stuck at a work function and that was the best choice out of everything that was available. not ideal but I kept it to that very small amount just to have a little bit of food and be able to continue to resist all the rest of it). But that was yesterday anyway, so doesn't explain why the scale hasn't moved all week!

yossarianlives
07-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I lost 1lb this week--but it means I've powered through my plateau FINALLY. 12 stone on the dot now... one day I'll make it into 11-stone... It's soo infuriating!

Keep at it April--maybe you're due a whoosh? Who knows! You're doing amazingly, and I know how annoying it is not to see the scales move :(

O2Bayummymummy
07-24-2011, 05:07 AM
This sounds bad, but I am pleased others have been plateauing too. I have not been super awesome at sticking but weightloss has slowed from 2-3 pounds/week to about 1ish. Am going to try to "stick like glue and also really focus on the walking (work has been so busy........). But keep going everyone, I am really pleased to have lost 7.5kg so far : )

O2Bayummymummy
07-24-2011, 05:11 AM
APril, you have been so amazing at keeping to the diet - I am sure you will see a loss in no time. You are quite inspirational you know : )

Yossarian, well done, glad your plateau has ended, it is frustrating when the weight loss just slooooows down!

April Snow
07-24-2011, 12:18 PM
got my whoosh!!! down 2 to make my initial goal of 26 lbs, with a little extra.

I am very pleased with myself that I have done so well sticking to plan, but honestly, it has not been that hard so it's not like I feel like it's big struggle to force myself. I am sometimes tempted to eat processed food but it's more because it's easier, and sometimes I feel like being lazy and not having to cook. I have been eating a lot of low salt deli meat to get around that. But I think the longer I stay on plan, the less tempted I am by things that have always been my downfall before. With calorie counting, I would try to fit things in but with Dukan, it's easier to just think yes, I can eat that or no, I can't, and that's the end of it.

April Snow
07-27-2011, 11:26 AM
checking in to say hello - hope all the Dukaners are having a great week!!

Mango30
07-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Hi all, checking in after a bit of a lapse in Dukaning. I'm back on the wagon for the last two days and I finally had a whoosh too, down to 246.5 to make an 8.5 lbs loss doing the DD. I've been on Dukan for about three weeks now averaging 2.8 lbs a week so I think that is pretty dang good. Attack lasted for 10 days for me and I honestly think I could have lost more if I had got off of attack sooner, I didn't whoosh until I had a cheat that threw me off attack.

Great job April, 26 lbs is nothing to shake a fist at ;)

yossarianlives
07-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Yay for your whoosh April! I'm so jealous! I know what you mean about not craving anything, too. I don't really feel like I'm being restricted... there are just some things that I can eat, and some that I can't.

Congrats on maintaining your loss Mango! I've lapsed once or twice for special occasions, but we just have to get right back on to the Dukan!

O2Bayummymummy
07-28-2011, 01:00 AM
Hello Dukaneers : ) I am having a serious plateau : ( After an awesome 2 pounds a week run for the first 6 weeks or so I have lost a pound a week for the last 2 weeks and now have been stable all week. It is nearly t.o.m. Does anyone find that makes a difference?? I am trying to just keep going, but it is a bit depressing!

Stef L
07-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Hi, all!
I'm brand new to the site and to the Dukan diet. Finished 3 days of Attack and starting cruise. I've done Atkins before with great success, so am hoping this will be even better.
Good luck everyone!

April Snow
07-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Hello Dukaneers : ) I am having a serious plateau : ( After an awesome 2 pounds a week run for the first 6 weeks or so I have lost a pound a week for the last 2 weeks and now have been stable all week. It is nearly t.o.m. Does anyone find that makes a difference?? I am trying to just keep going, but it is a bit depressing!

TOM makes a big difference for me, so I bet you will see a whoosh once it starts. Just make sure to drink a lot of water, to help get rid of any water you are retaining

April Snow
07-28-2011, 12:46 PM
welcome Stef!!

I love Dukan, for me it is SO much better than Atkins - I think it's the oat bran.

Stef L
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Thanks, April! It's good to be on board. I've finally given up my ice cream addiction - it was so good while it lasted. But my clothes no longer fit and I'm starting to hate passing a mirror, so it's time.

I've been good one the oat bran, too. Is that supposed to be enough to help with digestion? To quote Jamie Lee Curtis, "I'm feeling a little sluggish." LOL

Samadhi
07-28-2011, 09:30 PM
Hi, I just received my Dukan Diet book and have made my grocery list. I am very excited....probably due to April Snow...I am aspiring to be you .... loving this.

My only "problem" is I like snacking... I suppose I just haven't even thought of using protien for that.

Anyway....I am here and am determined to scoot happily to my goal weight.

I may be here whining ... BUT just kick my butt.....

I am hoping for a very active thread to help me helping you.... :hug::hug:

I do believe I am really read for this. :yes:

yossarianlives
07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
I finally broke through into 11 stone! I weighed in at 166lbs today--a loss of 2lbs :D

This week I really cut down on dairy--just had it with my oat bran in the morning and a small mug of hot chocolate at night-time. I really struggled with losing weight in Cruise--I only lost 1lb in 4 weeks on cruise, and it was driving my crazy! I'll give the dairy a relative pass for next week and see what happens...

I hope everyone is doing okay! :)

Samadhi
07-29-2011, 11:15 PM
I did my grocery shopping today...cleaned out my frig and am ready to go....:carrot:

I have to say this is the LEAST worried I have ever been starting a diet. This diet has rules - and why didn't I realize this before but I am GOOD a following rules... Rather than counting calories, for instance, and spending most of the time figureing out how I can eat "crap" as long as I count it.

Interesting that I have been a vegetarian most of my life :shrug:and now have a "muscle" disease....:stress:

Dukan is really speaking to me at this time....so.....here I am, ready to lose all of this fat I have accumulated over the last 10 years.

O2Bayummymummy
07-30-2011, 11:55 PM
Hello Ladies! Wow yossarian, you are doing really well. Congrats on the loss. I think I have kicked my plateau a bit...down to nearly one third of my way to goal after 9 weeks - have lost 8kg :) Happy happy happy....Just got to keep on keeping on and we will all get there. POsitive today!

littleperogy
07-31-2011, 01:22 PM
Hi all! I am in the Attack Phase day 2 (down 0.4lbs) and am doing lots of research on what is allowed and what isn't.

What are your thoughts on Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Breeze? There in no mention of non-dairy bevs other than soy in the book. Here are the nutritional facts per cup: 40 cal; 3.5g fat; 0 choles; 180mg sod; 190mg pot;2g carb;1g fiber; 0 sugar; 1g protein.

On the Dukan Facebook page they state that Crystal Light mixes are not allowed. But some are made with Splenda. Do you think these are allowed? I usually use 1 packet per 1L water, even the ones sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame-potassium. The reason I bring this up is b/c diet sodas are allowed (which are sweetened with aspartame). Thoughts?

Thanks for everyones input in advance!! Sorry if this has been asked/answered previously. I tried going through every thread before posting . . .

Samadhi
07-31-2011, 01:23 PM
My first Dukan day...so far so good - but then it's only 11:30AM. ;)

I have a ton of things to get done today to get ready for the work week so that should help.

How is everyone doing? I will check in later...

yossarianlives
08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
littleperogy: I would suggest, for Attack, that you really knuckle down and try to keep away from any of that stuff. I think as strict as you can be in attack and you'll have great results. On those stats for the Breeze I would say it was okay, but i would limit it to PV days on Cruise :) And for the Crystal Light, I would say it was okay tbh Isn't the rule "as long as it is 1cal per serving" it's okay? Even though I do find myself drinking Diet Irn Bru which is like 5cals per serving... :$

I've decided I need to get my butt into gear with this running thing... so tomorrow I'm going to start the C25K :D Probably going to start at week 3 or 4 since I'm not a terrible runner (definitely not a "good" runner though lol) but I'm very excited, or might chicken out and start completely from the beginning...

Got a yummy-looking recipe for balsamic glazed chicken that I'm gonna try tomorrow night. It has been sooo hot here for a few days, but the sky has finally opened so the air should cool down.... I hope.

Hope you are all doing great! Any big weigh-ins?

kabama
08-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone

So today is day 3 for me. I've had sone Side effects, like squeeze headaches, giddyness and grumpiness but I really feel I am coming out the other side. Plus I have chosen (mainly because I'm insane surely) to start the fit the week before my period, and th week before a big roller derby game I'm in... So when I'm carrying lots of retentive water, and not supposed to do strenuous exercise...

I played last night and I was ok, I noted a lack of energy, but nothing too bad.

Diet wise I have to admit to being a little bored but I'm trying to ignore that. The nicest thing I've had is a chicken breast stuffed with Philly extra light cheese. The worst is cottage cheese (but I'm trying to love the stuff). And I can't get the hang of the galette at all. It just sticks and then I end up eating a weird scramble egg looking thing

I'm not really focused on weight per se, more on how clothes feel. I'm 200lbs now, aiming roughly for 160lbs. Yesterday I very nearly ate carbs but I held back. I'm halfway there, 3 days to go!

Kabama x

alliebdive
08-04-2011, 04:45 AM
Hi
I'm new to the forum but have been following Dukan now for 67 days! I did a 7 day attack phase and lost 6.5 lbs and have settled in pretty nicely on cruise - 24 lbs lost overall so far and with another 30 to lose till my tarket weight. I'm supposed to get there around Xmas. :) Not finding it too hard to be honest. It just feels like a pretty natural way to eat. I do miss real cheese and a glass of wine now and then but the reward of the dropping scales and clothes sizes is keeping me going. Problems found so far are regular constipation (I use Senokot if the bran isnt working). I quite like the bran. I make porridge from it in the microwave in about 90 seconds. Sometimes with water, sometimes with skimmed milk. I dont generally add sweetener but that's probably an acquired taste :) Got the diet book and tried some of the recipes there. I liked a coffee/vanilla dessert the best so far. It was really nice. Also a chocolate almond cake.
A question for those of you who have been on cruise a while: does the weight loss go on at about 2lbs a week or can I expect it to start seriously slowing down as target approaches or as weeks go on? Have you had a week on cruise where you lost nothing???? Just want to prepare myself!!! Its so great to find a group all going for the same thing and some people have done astonishingly well. Keep it up.
Allie

yossarianlives
08-04-2011, 07:51 AM
I plateaued pretty early into cruise, but I pushed through it by really cutting down on dairy. So that could help if anyone plateaus.

Well done you on sticking to it for 67 days! :D I'm at about 6 weeks, and it IS easy. People ask how I do it and I just shrug my shoulders. It's definitely hard at the start, but now it just seems natural and simple!

Kabama, stick with it! The headaches go away, and from then on it's symptomless yay You're doing great, and your first day of cruise when you eat vegetables will feel like the best day of your life!

April Snow
08-04-2011, 09:11 AM
hey everyone and welcome to the newbies!!!!

I'm finishing up my 11th week overall (1 week Attack, and going on 10 weeks Cruise).

I've seen a slight slowdown in the losses overall but I'm still losing around 2 lbs. However, my starting weight was higher than most of you. I just hope this pace keeps up for a while as I still have a LONG way to go.

April Snow
08-04-2011, 09:22 AM
almond milk - I'm not sure, I try to pretty much stick to what the book says.

headaches, etc. - I found that taking magnesium/potassium supplements has helped a LOT with the "Induction Flu" symptoms I've had whenever I've done low carb in the past (I've felt so awful that I never could stick with it more than a day or two). And of course, the oat bran helps - if you need to, you can eat an extra serving

Gallettes - I use a very quick spray of Pam in the pan, and have had no issues with sticking, or you can use a drop or two of oil spread around the pan with a paper towel.

Samadhi
08-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I started Dukan on Monday and when I weighed today was down 6lbs....I have been pretty much in shock all day.:)

As the rest of you said I am finding it easy AND I look forward to my Gallette in the evening. I chose then because that is the time of day I would binge and it has been working so far.

I have to travel for work next week but looked up the resturants we are most likely going to eat at I with the help of lettuce I think I can stay darn near on Dukan.

This is actually exciting...who would have thought.:shrug: Especially since I only eat chicken, turkey, tuna and salmon. I was a vegetarian for 25 years so this quite a change for me.

I have to admit I haven't read the whole book yet. This is such a busy month I just haven't worked it in.

alliebdive
08-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Yossarianlives - interesting what you say about dairy. I have noticed over the years - and other diets - that I have to be careful with dairy. So on Dukan I am just restricting it to the odd treat.
I had headaches the first week but that's long gone and I haven't noticed any other side effects - oh, well, I seem to be losing more hair than normal in the shower but I think that's normal for dieting.
I feel really confident that I can stick to this diet and then keep it going. One of the things I think is really key is the really long consolidation phase after cruise which must really bed in the eating habits. I'm already feeling that I eat a pretty normal diet. When I've lost weight before its gone quite fast, but then I obviously havent changed my eating habits/lifestyle enough because as soon as I stop it all goes back on again. :) The other thing I do is weight myself every day and plot it in a Dukan spreadsheet I found online. I get enormous - ok, sad - pleasure out of seeing the numbers and that curve going downwards.
Anyway, I'm down a dress size and feeling pretty smug !!!! :) :) :)
By the way, for a special treat look out for a Brazilian steakhouse in your area. In England El Tropeiro are a chain, in the States Texas de Brazil. Basically a meatlovers Dukan paradise. El Tropeiro is about £19.99 for an endless parade of meat delivered to you on huge skewers. Ive been to the Nottingham one twice and still lost weight.

April Snow
08-05-2011, 11:09 AM
One of the things I think is really key is the really long consolidation phase after cruise which must really bed in the eating habits..

this is a HUGE thing for me too. I think that losing weight is the (relatively!!) easy part but keeping it off is the thing I struggle with longer term, along with sticking to a plan long enough to get as much weight off as I should. Usually, I last about 4-5 months and I've taken off a good amount but then I fall off plan and never get back and put all/most of the weight back on. Dukan has been so easy to stay with that at going on 3 months, I don't see any problem continuing to stay with it long enough to get down to a truly healthier weight.

And then I am very excited to have some concrete guidance about the process of switching from actively losing to maintenance, esp. when Conso is basically a brand new phase that I've never tried before, or even really seen as part of a diet plan. That transition between losing and maintaining is where I've always failed, so having new tools for success is great!!

I'm also really looking forward to hearing about the experiences of those of you who are closer to Conso and how it goes for you.

littleperogy
08-05-2011, 02:12 PM
A big thanks for the reply! :D

Yesterday I switched from Attack to Cruise ie. PV day. I tried not to go to crazy with them since I've read that you can overdue it. (I just love this forum! It really helps out alot!)

For over a year, I was on the Ideal Protein Plan. I was able to loose 30lbs which was great. The only thing is that I was yo-yoing continuously. Just like Dukan, it has 4 phases. When I would transition to Phase 4 (ie. Rest of your life way of eating), I'd baloon!!! :?: That happened twice, which was very frustrating! It was understood that you would add a few lbs (adding to your glycogen storage), but my gain was always about 10lbs! I followed the Phase 4 eating to a tee! I don't know if anyone knows about I.P. but you're allowed a day off here and there. All you do is eat Phase 1 foods (packages) the following day only. What I found is that I'd have to stay on additional days to get back down to my weight before the "blowout". IMO, going back to Phase 1 so often is not a healthy way to maintain weight. I also found out (reading the I.P. forum on this website actually) that some people in Phase 4 aren't eating the carbs that the diet says we are allowed to have. What the heck is the point if you aren't 'following the diet' the way the diet developer states?? Isn't that the whole reason??

I saw Dr. Dukan on the Dr. Oz show and this intrigued me, so I bought his book. I started the Attack phase and lost 2.8lbs after 5 days. I see this as a victory b/c I'm actually eating dairy (which was only allowed in Phase 4 of I.P.).

The only thing is: Is anyone in the Stabilization Phase? I'm interested to see if anyone gains weight while eating the 2 pieces of whole grain bread and cheese . . . This is when it all went to pots for me on Ideal Protein. Anyone started the Stab Phase??

Also, I'm a nut-oholic. I've been ok thus far but am intermittently missing peanut butter and nuts. Would this only be consumed as our 'celebration meal'?

Thanks and happy Duking!!

April Snow
08-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I don't think anyone posting here is in Stabilization yet, but there are a few people getting close to Consolidation, which is when you start to add in the bread, fruit, etc.

I personally plan to go very slowly with the add ins and even though the book says 2 slices of whole grain bread every day, I am more likely to try 1 slice every few days and then kind of build up from there to figure out the right amount both for maintaining my weight but also for my hunger levels. At this point, I'm not hungry on what I am eating so adding a whole lot of additional food on top of that doesn't make much sense. So I expect to have some trial and error of figuring out where to add (to get a greater variety and the macronutrients that come from these additional food sources) and where to subtract (I would guess I'll naturally want to eat smaller portions of the foods I currently eat).

And of course, the Dukan Diet is designed so that you do have the one day of PP (I guess the equivalent of the IP Phase 1?) each week.

Jake
08-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm currently on day 5 of the Attack Phase and have lost 9 lbs.
At the start of the diet I was totally consumed with food but right now I'm doing much better. The headache has gone (wish the constant trips to the bathroom would!) and I'm looking forward to shedding this weight!

Look forward to getting to know you and to get/offer support!

Jackie

yossarianlives
08-05-2011, 05:35 PM
The constant bathroom breaks/waking at 5am every morning bursting for the toilet never go away... lol I don't know when I last had a lie-in hah

Welcome, and congrats on your awesome loss! Looking forward to welcoming you into cruise :D

yossarianlives
08-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Today I was bad. I seem to have incorporated a celebration meal into my diet every friday, and it's a terrible habit to have gotten into. Anyway, to "celebrate" being down to 11st10 (164lbs) I asked my Dad to make tiramisu. Yes. That's right. Some sort of proxy-sabotage organised by myself! Against myself! Annnyway... I ate it and it was so OMGDELICIOUS. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. So, long story cut short, I feel rather guilty. And TOM is due to rear it's head in a week or two, but I'm just getting into my weight-loss roll! I spent that month on cruise losing nothing, and now I'm losing 2lbs a week and I don't want TOM to come and mess up the scale for a fortnight. Also, I'm scared it's going to take days for me to get back to normal after my huge tiramisu serving--I guess I'm feeling under pressure for some reason. Argh.

littleperogy
08-05-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks April Snow! That is really great advice that I'll follow as well. I don't want to sabotage myself! :D

O2Bayummymummy
08-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Yossarian, I caught myself falling into that hole. I have not had such fabulous weight loss this month - still have lost weight but MUCH slower. I think it is because on weekends I end up "relaxing" the rules a little, and then spend a few days getting back to where I was before the weekend...... However I am a third of the way to where I want to be after 2 months (have lost 8.5kg), and I figured it would take about 6 months to get to my "true" weight.

I may not make it all the way to my true weight, as we are wanting to try for a baby soon. When I get to 2/3 of the way (67kg) that is where I was when I had my first baby - so if I can make it that far first I will be pleased ;)

O2Bayummymummy
08-06-2011, 07:06 AM
Am just nearing the end of T.O.M though, so am hoping for one of those wooshes that April Snow talks about : )

Jake
08-06-2011, 08:42 AM
10 lbs down in 5 days! Two more days of Attack so I'm going to ramp up my workouts in the hopes of maximizing my chances of more pounds gone!!!!
Was very grumpy last night. My kids wanted McDonald's for dinner and just the smell of the fries did me in! I didn't cheat but, boy, did I ever want to. Just have to keep reminding myself that just because it's not NOW doesn't mean not ever!
Anyone got any good chicken recipes they'd like to share?

J

Samadhi
08-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi, how is everyone tonight? (at least it is where I am :) )

The weekend went very well considering I had a bridal shower and a visit to my Uncle who always trys to give me snacks.

I did have a light bulb moment this weekend. I never went for restrictive diets because I was so sure I would never follow it. HOWEVER, I found I DO like Dukan because of it's simplicty. It's just like Dr. Dukan says - eat this and only this has made it easier for me.

April Snow
08-08-2011, 12:21 AM
I did have a light bulb moment this weekend. I never went for restrictive diets because I was so sure I would never follow it. HOWEVER, I found I DO like Dukan because of it's simplicty. It's just like Dr. Dukan says - eat this and only this has made it easier for me.

this has been the case for me too - I love the not having to think and figure out yes or no about a food. If it's on the list, I eat it and if it's not, I don't. I have found going out to restaurants is not too hard because I can pretty much always get a grilled piece of meat or fish and some veggies. I don't go out a lot but it's nice that when I do have a chance to meet up with friends, I'm not worried about what to eat.

And I do feel lucky that I've made such good progress, I have the motivation and self-encouragement to WANT to stick with it, which he also talks about in the book. I went out last night to a restaurant that has really delicious fresh baked bread (I've been there before) and I could smell it and think that yes, it would taste good, but not as good as seeing a nice drop for the week on the scale. And I got that drop - down 2.4 lbs which took me 32 lbs lbs lost (in 11 weeks) and into the 220s and it's always such a big boost to move into a new "decade."

Samadhi
08-08-2011, 09:27 AM
April Snow: :congrat:

I know the person I am traveling with Wed and Thurs will want to eat at Red Lobster or Olive Garden...so, I looked up their menus and am going to vote for Red Lobster since they have a salmon. I even found something on the hotel menu I can get - it's not a difficult as I thought it might be on Dukan.

Again, congrats and I am right behind you!!!!!:dance:

April Snow
08-08-2011, 01:04 PM
thanks Samadhi!!

I saw in one of your posts that you haven't read that much of the book yet. I think it's fine to just read up through the Cruise section, but I will also say that I find the book very inspiring to read, and I've been through it several times now. Not cover to cover each time, but I focus on re-reading the Cruise section and then pick out some other bits and pieces and always find something new that helps keep me going.

April Snow
08-08-2011, 01:07 PM
and hello to all the Dukaners! Hope everyone is having a good Monday and getting the week off to a great start!

yossarianlives
08-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Congrats on your loss April Snow! You're flying through the decades just now! :D

Monday marks a new recommitment to Dukan for me! As I mentioned, I have been falling into the trap of "treating" myself to a binge on a Friday after I've weighed in. I've set a goal of 2 weeks completely on plan. I'm going to use this as a stepping stone back to 100% commitment 100% of the time. Plus, I'm doing C25K, and I do worry about the carbohydrate levels in my body and how they will be jumping about with my binging. I need to have a consistent source for energy from protein, not from bingey sugary carbohydrates!

I ordered new work uniform yesterday: size 12 (US10) shirts, and a small fleece! So excited about having uniform that fits again, because I do look terrible in my uniform just now lol

Samadhi
08-09-2011, 09:56 AM
:wave:HI all....

Been busy so I haven't been here but I am always thinking DUKAN!!!

April Snow: I have read through Attach a few times. Just running in circles this month - hmmm wonder if that will help me lose weight!!! hahahahaha

Later....:goodvibes to all of you.

April Snow
08-09-2011, 01:33 PM
I ordered new work uniform yesterday: size 12 (US10) shirts, and a small fleece! So excited about having uniform that fits again, because I do look terrible in my uniform just now lol

Congrats!!

and lol @ Samadhi running in circles!

alliebdive
08-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Congratulations everyone. I've been having a bit of a slow week - TOM due sometime in the next couple of days, so hopefully that will speed things up again once it is out of the way.
I am treating myself to some pampering to make up for the "pampering" eating certain foods used to give me. Plus I'm a bit paranoid about ending up with baggy skin from the extreme weight loss (HAHAHA wishing!). So have bought some gorgeous Body Shop fruit body butters and am putting loads on every night. I must say, my skin is really soft and smelling good enough to eat :)
I bought some of those gogi berries from Tesco - £1.50 for 100g I think. Anyway, I really like them especially in the oatmeal porridge. I tried soaking them in a little hot water and then adding them with the soaking liquid to the oatmeal, topping up with skimmed milk and microwaving for 90 seconds. They were lovely, rather like sultanas but not as sweet, but soft and juicy. I have also tried just putting them in with the oatmeal, adding skimmed milk or water and microwaving and they were just as good - no need to soak. I'm going to try them in a muffin next but I will soak them for that. It was nice to have something vaguely fruity. I also put some vanilla extract in my porridge. Its lovely to have at night as well.
Onwards and downwards
Allie

sammyRob
08-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm on day 4 of Attack- cant wait to start adding veggies back!! What is everyone's favourite meal on PV days so far??

need some ideas to keep varied!

yossarianlives
08-11-2011, 07:05 PM
I actually really enjoy making meatballs and tomato sauce--which I'm having for dinner tomorrow night yum yum! And some lovely crispy sugarsnap peas :D

Being on Dukan has made me realise how much I LOVE mushrooms... so I do like to make a mushroom stroganoff kind of thing, but I am really lazy and use a sachet for the sauce. ;)

April Snow
08-12-2011, 12:22 AM
I love having a tomato sauce with meat over spaghetti squash or zucchini (that's courgette to you UK girls!). Although I will say that while spag. squash is permitted on the 100 foods list, I do find my weight loss slows a bit the weeks I have it so I save it for an occasional treat.

I also like making homemade chicken soup and using broccoli in the place of noodles. I have that for lunch a few times a week.

Samadhi
08-13-2011, 02:36 PM
I can't believe all the invites to lunches I have gotten since I started this diet....sure makes me keep Dukan on my mind during lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great this weekend...

April Snow
08-13-2011, 02:49 PM
I can't believe all the invites to lunches I have gotten since I started this diet....sure makes me keep Dukan on my mind during lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great this weekend...

lol about all those lunches.

I'm having a GREAT weekend - yesterday and today, I really ramped up the activity and it feels fantastic! I've been doing the 30 minutes of walking, or at least making a good effort, but that was it. Yesterday and today, I finally got back to doing my Wii Fit stuff and did over an hour today of some good fatburning aerobics including a lot of boxing, which is a good upper body workout. I had forgotten how great it feels after you exercise!

Samadhi
08-13-2011, 09:03 PM
:welcome3: sammyRob and alliebdive, glad you are here to help us helping you.

April Snow: Good for you getting back to execising. I have been doing the 30 min walk but need to get more in. I seem to always be fighting with "time".

yossarianlives
08-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Good for you April Snow! Getting back into exercise is always so exciting! :D I need to get the Wii Fit out again--I really enjoy it, but got kind of bored of the boxing again... and again... and again. :(

yossarianlives
08-13-2011, 09:56 PM
So I lost another 2lbs this week yay :D And I did it again: I "treated" myself to chocolate torte on friday night. I don't know why I keep doing it. I don't know if it's because I know that I can have it and then recover for another 2lb loss at the end of the week? I dunno. But it's annoying that I technically haven't even stuck to plan for 7 days grrr

/rant

A loss is a loss! Onwards and upwards as they say. I am actually super excited again. I can see my posts earlier in this thread where I was so frustrated about breaking through the 169/168/167 barrier, and now I am approaching breaking into 150s, and I know I can do it! It's so motivational!

Anyway, I have spent all night watching Come Dine With Me reruns with my dad, so I had better be going to bed for work tomorrow morning...

I hope all of you are staying Dukan(moreso than I am)--I'm so proud of all of us!

Samadhi
08-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi,
yossarianlives: I went to visit my Uncle today and he had made chocolate chip cookies for me. Well, I weighed Dukan vs making my Uncle happy and my Uncle won.....well, I think I did too because I did have one cookie and realized while eating it I didn't have that I WANT MORE feeling I used to have.

So you are not alone in messing up but we just have to learn and Dukan On!!! :goodvibes

I keep waiting and waiting until I can have a ticker!!!! :^: You all look so snazzy and I look boring!!

April Snow
08-14-2011, 10:56 PM
I think the "all or nothing" approach is working for me at this point, because I am afraid that if I started allowing a treat here and there, I would just keep going and end up completely off plan. So if you can handle it and still lose a good amount of weight, I think it would be pretty hard to justify forcing yourself to be that much stricter. I just don't think I could handle it.

I've also found that when I do think I am craving something sweet/carby, I can generally handle it with a cup of hot tea with a generous dollop of skim milk and sweetener (a little more than I usually use). The first time, I realized I was cold as well as wanting some sort of treat, so I figured I could have the tea while I decided if I was going to give in and go off plan and it worked so amazingly well that I try it any time I feel like that, and it still works! So if you are having cravings but want to try to resist, give some tea a try and see what happens.

But if you don't want to resist, then just own the choice so you can enjoy your treat, and then move on - the worst thing would be eating it without letting yourself truly savor it! And if you are happy with just one cookie, so much the better - I am hoping that when I do start to reincorporate those things into my diet, I will feel the same way and have much better "natural" portion control.

Samadhi
08-16-2011, 10:08 PM
I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS....Today was the SIXTH time I have been in a meeting since starting Dukan just a few weeks ago that they have served carmel rolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS THIS A TEST??????????????:?:

So, here is a chuckle for all of you: I make my galette's with cinnamon each day. A couple days ago I added chili powder by mistake!!!! NOT recommended. :o

Hope you are all doing well...stay away from the chili powder!!!

April Snow
08-16-2011, 11:03 PM
[SIZE="5"]So, here is a chuckle for all of you: I make my galette's with cinnamon each day. A couple days ago I added chili powder by mistake!!!! NOT recommended. :o

Hope you are all doing well...stay away from the chili powder!!!

lolol!!!

I use a ton of cinnamon in mine, or when I make porridge. Supposedly cinnamon is good for your metabolism and since I love it, I figure it can't hurt to go a little overboard.

But I think I will be double checking the jar every time now!

Samadhi
08-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Any ideas for the constipation? I didn't get it the first couple weeks but now I am...:(

I drink about 66oz of water a day and walk 30 min. I have been eating a lot of lettuce salad this week too so I don't know what's doing on. Tried Metemucil but that isn't helping either.

I feel good but it still "bothers" me...it can't be healthy to NOT "go"!!:o

April Snow
08-19-2011, 08:46 AM
Samadhi

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/345,59,23,the-community/frequently-asked-questions.html#Answer59

If you are not uncomfortable, it is not really an issue and just getting used to a different pattern. I think that could be why the metamucil didn't do much, there was not a lot in there for it to help push along!

you can also try Colace (softener rather than laxative) if necessary

Samadhi
08-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Thanks, April...no I am not uncomfortable...I suppose it's just worry over a change in what I am used to.

Thanks for the information.

larva225
08-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Hi all,
This is not only my first ever forum to join, but my first ever diet (Dukan). So far, so good. I was inspired to actually join in order to thank you ALL for the fantastic recipes. My husband and I are both on day 5 of the cruise after a 7 day attack. The lack of variety was really the biggest challenge for both of us. In 24 hours, I've tried the flatbread and the oat bran muffins. Both are wonderful!
Glad to be among you all.

Samadhi
08-19-2011, 02:57 PM
:welcome2:Larva225

April Snow
08-19-2011, 05:28 PM
welcome Larva!!!! Glad you and your hub are doing well on Dukan. I do thnk you have to work at it a bit to get the same variety, although at this point, just under 3 months in, I find that I don't need as much variety - it's almost easier for me to spend even less time thinking about food. Don't get me wrong, I like what I'm eating but I just don't think about it so much. I used to get to work in the morning and start thinking about what I would have for lunch that day! lol!

Samadhi
08-19-2011, 05:47 PM
April, I second that...I rarely think about food where I seemed to all the time before...I think it's that -yes I can have it or no I can't that we have discussed before.

Bellamack
08-19-2011, 06:30 PM
A big thanks for the reply! :D

Yesterday I switched from Attack to Cruise ie. PV day. I tried not to go to crazy with them since I've read that you can overdue it. (I just love this forum! It really helps out alot!)

For over a year, I was on the Ideal Protein Plan. I was able to loose 30lbs which was great. The only thing is that I was yo-yoing continuously. Just like Dukan, it has 4 phases. When I would transition to Phase 4 (ie. Rest of your life way of eating), I'd baloon!!! :?: That happened twice, which was very frustrating! It was understood that you would add a few lbs (adding to your glycogen storage), but my gain was always about 10lbs! I followed the Phase 4 eating to a tee! I don't know if anyone knows about I.P. but you're allowed a day off here and there. All you do is eat Phase 1 foods (packages) the following day only. What I found is that I'd have to stay on additional days to get back down to my weight before the "blowout". IMO, going back to Phase 1 so often is not a healthy way to maintain weight. I also found out (reading the I.P. forum on this website actually) that some people in Phase 4 aren't eating the carbs that the diet says we are allowed to have. What the heck is the point if you aren't 'following the diet' the way the diet developer states?? Isn't that the whole reason??

I saw Dr. Dukan on the Dr. Oz show and this intrigued me, so I bought his book. I started the Attack phase and lost 2.8lbs after 5 days. I see this as a victory b/c I'm actually eating dairy (which was only allowed in Phase 4 of I.P.).

The only thing is: Is anyone in the Stabilization Phase? I'm interested to see if anyone gains weight while eating the 2 pieces of whole grain bread and cheese . . . This is when it all went to pots for me on Ideal Protein. Anyone started the Stab Phase??

Also, I'm a nut-oholic. I've been ok thus far but am intermittently missing peanut butter and nuts. Would this only be consumed as our 'celebration meal'?

Thanks and happy Duking!!

Would you mind IM ing me? I am losing very slowly on IP compared to what the coach said I should be. I would be interested at how your losses were. Thanks. I have not cheated once.

larva225
08-20-2011, 03:18 PM
April, that is a relief! Not so much about the lack of variety and not missing it, but about the required planning/cooking spent on this thing!! I never would have imagined that such a limited (or straightforward) menu would take so much work.

April Snow
08-20-2011, 09:34 PM
I definitely am pretty minimalist. I keep oat bran, cinnamon and sweetener at my office, bring in a small container of milk on Mondays and make my serving of oat bran porridge for breakfast. Weekend days, I usually make the gallette.

I also batch cook as much as I can. I hard boil a dozen and a half eggs over the weekend and take a couple as snacks (sometimes I only eat the white, depending on how hungry I am). I usually make a small pot of chicken soup on Sunday - 3 servings worth. I divide that up into 3 containers, and then cook up 3 nice big portions of broccoli, and take all of that for lunch. (My office is very cold so even in the summer,it's nice to have hot soup!) Other days, or if I haven't made soup, I usually end up getting low salt deli meat for lunch and/or a late afternoon snack.

Suppers are usually grilled chicken or a salmon burger. I also will cook an additional veggie disk to have for my PV days - roasted veggies, grilled eggplant or zucchini in marinara sauce are the most common. I do a pattern of 3 PV days followed by 3-4 PP days to make the cooking easier.

So it's pretty boring - instead of the Dukan 100 foods, I probably eat about 20 different foods at most. But being able to be on auto pilot as much as possible makes it much, much easier for me to stick with in a logistical sense, and I also find that the limited menu helps to reduce the time I spend thinking about food, shopping and cooking - so fewer opportunities for temptation to go off plan.

Samadhi
08-21-2011, 09:59 PM
I am with you April...the less time I have to think about eating the better. This is working very well for me. I have always eaten the same foods over and over.

Even WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back in High School....every morning for 4 years - peanut butter toast...and now that I write this I have to say that at that time I weighed about 120.

Plus I have very busy days and with Dukan I don't also have to find time for cooking and measuring.

I went out to breakfast today with a friend. I ordered an omlet and she ordered a CARMEL ROLL.... WHAT is the deal....ANOTHER Carmel Roll....jeez...enough already. :D

Have a good week....

Samadhi
08-22-2011, 09:03 PM
How did everyone's Monday go?

Have you had any eating at a resturant issues being on Dukan?

April Snow
08-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I've been fine at restaurants - I get something like grilled salmon and veggies or a salad with grilled chicken and I make sure they don't put on croutons or cheese or things like that. I get dressing on the side and just dip the tip of the fork in for a tiny amount for each bite.

I don't go to restaurants too often at this point, so I decided not to worry about the small amount of extra oil in the dressing or veggies. If I went more often, I might worry about being a little bit stricter.

yossarianlives
08-23-2011, 07:53 AM
I agree with what April has said. I'll be strict in that I'll order something grilled, but as long as I don't eat platefuls of sides and dressings I figure that my body can deal with it. I just remember that any gain is water :)

I'm back on PP after my PV weekend, and looking forward to getting into the 150s this week! I only lost 1lb last week so I am desperately looking for a good loss this week.

Skipping w3D3 of c25k and going straight to w4d1 today--see if that shakes things up a bit *fingers crossed*

Hope everyone is on plan this week!

Samadhi
08-23-2011, 08:24 AM
I have found it isn't real difficult to stay on Dukan while eating out.

I have to eat out do to my job but have found a salmon salad I love - so I usually suggest that resturant. ;)

I have also done taco salad - most places have one of those - just get it without the cheese and I do the "salad fork dip" too! I have tried that in the past and it didn't work - I always wanted more dressing - but for some reason this time I only "dip" sometimes...go figure! But whatever it is I am happy it is working this way.:carrot:

My new issue now is I LOVE :love: Galatte's. I can't wait until I can have the next one!!! My only problem now is I tried the 3 tbls Dr. Dukan suggested if you have constipation problems...Well, I love the 3tbls and don't want to go back to 2!!! :( I know "later" 3 tbls is the daily dose but I am only in Cruise...so.... Maybe I could try 2 3/4 tbls !!!:lol:

Have a good Dukan Tuesday!!

April Snow
08-23-2011, 09:16 AM
It's ok to have the extra oat bran as your "tolerated food" when you are otherwise on plan. Those are the extra choices you get to have each day. He mentions it very briefly in the book (the spoonful of cocoa powder is one example). I don't have one every single day, but have been fine when I have one or two of these. like the laughing cow cheese wedges. But you definitely have to keep the portions limited.

More info

"Tolerated food is food you can have starting from the Cruise phase.
You must remember that you are allowed of two items per day.
Also this list is not exhaustive and we would be happy to have any of your suggestions;
you can email us at: recipe@dukandiet.co.uk

Fat free fruit yogurts (with bits) 1
Plain soya yogurt 1
Corn Flour 20g
3% fat cream (double or single) 30g (1 tbs)
1 coffee spoon of sugar free low fat cocoa powder (no more than 20% fat)
Wine (red/white) for cooking 3 tbs
Spiced Goat sausage 50g
Poultry sausage 100g
Soya milk (glass) 15cl
7% fat cheese 30g
Rhubarb (cooked) 100g
Oil 3 drops (3g)
Gaspacho (not home made) one glass
Soy sauce 1 tsp
Extra light Philidelphia 30g
Light cheese like laughing cow 30g
Custard Powder as "Bird" 1 table spoon per day with sweetener and skimmed milk
Oat Bran during Attack 1 & 1/2 tbs
Oat Bran during Cruise 2 tbs
Oat Bran during Consolidation 2 tbs

http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/en/340,4,6214,the-forums-community.html

Samadhi
08-25-2011, 08:30 AM
I have to admit that I have been worried about basically eating only one food group(protein) for a long time.

We are always taught to eat all food groups to be healthy.

However, I did have one theory and am happy to report that Dr. Oz thinks the same thing I do:

Dr. Oz maintains that the best way to lose weight is with a healthy diet full of balanced nutrients. However, he believes that itís more important for you to maintain a healthy weight than to focus on calculated amount of nutrients for months.

So we are on a good program to reach our "healthy weight".:yes:

April Snow
08-25-2011, 09:27 AM
well, we are eating veggies, at least some of the time, and I know I have very generous servings of them on my PV days.

But the Dukan book also talks about the same thing, and that this relatively brief period of restriction is short term and meant to achieve a healthy weight but that it is very important to start adding back in a greater variety of food in Conso and Stabilization. Right now, I'm still far away from Conso, but I already think about changing and how scary it's going to be to give up Cruise when it's working so well and for the first time in my life, it's pretty easy to stick with a diet and to lose weight. The book addresses that but is very firm that you have to make that transition and how even things like Celebration meals are mandatory for the plan to work long term, not just the strictness of Cruise.

I also figure that I have spent much of my life eating a wider variety of foods, but often not a particularly healthy variety. For now, I'm eating a small variety but at least they are all healthy foods!

love2b150
08-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'd like to join in here, not on the Cruise Phase yet though.

I have a question ... Did you all use there site to determine how long you would stay on the Attack Phase the pre-assessment part? The book? or Did you actually subscribe to the site? The assessment tells me to start the Cruise Phase on 8/28 and I should be 2lbs down from today ... Thanks for your time.

Samadhi
08-26-2011, 11:12 PM
love2b150 I didn't join the online site but I do have his book. So far I haven't felt I need to do the coaching part...that is why I come here!! :goodvibes

I will be interseted to see if anyone here as subscribed to the coaching part and that they think of it.

Glad you are joining us. :grouphug:

April Snow
08-27-2011, 12:40 AM
I didn't sign up for the coaching but I did do the True Weight quiz on the website - it's free for that and even though they ask for an email address, I've only gotten one email from them since I did it.

The free quiz gives you the time periods you would expect to be in Attack, Cruise, Conso and Stabilization. One of my friends (not on 3FC) got to Conso exactly when the plan said she would.

For me, the True Weight it initially calculated was 180 - I won't know for sure until I get there, but I expect to lose more weight than that. I just don't think that would be a place where I'd be happy long term, but who knows, I could run out of steam before that!

April Snow
08-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Love2B - Welcome! As far as I'm concerned, you are very welcome to post here while you are in Attack. Actually, I wonder if we could ask a Moderator to change the thread title so that this is just the general support thread for all phases of the diet. There aren't that many people on Dukan as it is, so we may as well all support each other in one place!

You have done great with your diet so far, 45 lbs is fantastic!! I'm curious why you are switching to Dukan now when you done so well so far? (Not that I think it's bad to do it, because I think it's a great plan!)

The calculator told me I'd lose about 6 lbs during Attack and I lost a little over 5, so that's still pretty good IMO. Esp. because I was already eating pretty well and fairly low carbish, so it wasn't a huge dramatic change. I'm continuing to lose fast enough to meet what it says for Cruise although as I mentioned I may stay on a little bit longer if I am motivated enough by then!

roxiebelle0203
08-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Hi Everyone can i join you? I just done my shopping for the week and am ready to start attack tomorrow! I have to do it for 7 days and then 140 days of cruise! Im soooooo excited! I have been calorie counting for a while now and managed to get from 216 to 189 but i have now been losing and gaining the same 4lbs for ten weeks now! Grrrrrrr! I originally wanted to get down to 126 but the dukan diet calculated my true weight at 145??!! Dont know how i feel about that at the moment. would mean a BMI of 26.5, so technically still overweight!

I JUST WANT TO BE NORMAL LOL!!!!!!

love2b150
08-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Thanks Samadhi :)

April that is what I used to find out how long for each phase. The attack phase for me was only two days today being the last (but I put in my new weight yesterday and I just looked it's still two days but now one more day of attack, I'm fine with that. Consolidation should begin on 11/16. April the reason for the change is I've been in the 170's since this time last year. I've always counted calories and it did work when I was walking 3 miles a day. But something has changed and my mind is not where it use to be. My highest adult weight is 220, when I signed on with 3FC I was 195.4 not sure how, when or how long the other pounds came off but they did. One of the ladies on the daily weigh in thread is on Dukan I think or I saw it some place and decided let me give it a shot. I have done Atkins, SB, and Weight Watchers so I figure why not see if I can give this one my all since I didn't with anything else.

Gotta run will BBL