Old 05-05-2011, 02:48 PM   #1  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Default Could I be...pregnant?

I personally think it's HIGHLY unlikely that I'm pregnant. So I'm really not working myself up over this at all.

First of all, some info, sorry for the greusome TMI details:
- I started my last period April 3rd.
- Hubs and I had unprotected sex 3 times while I was on my period.
- Period ended after 5 days like normal.
- I had some odd residual bleeding a few days after my period ended. I don't remember the exact time frame, but the flow had completely stopped for a few days and then I randomly had another flow start of pinkish red blood that continued for a day or so. That's not normal for me, and I was slightly alarmed by it, but after it quit, I didn't think much of it.
- Hubs and I used condoms for the rest of the month (I'm not on the pill).
- Started my period like normal on May 2, normal signs/symptoms/patterns.

I don't really feel any unusual symptoms. I got normal cramps when I started, but other than that, no back ache, nausea, etc. I've had a few headaches, and that's somewhat unusual for me, but that's reaching.

But, other than the fact that we were unprotected a few times (I know it's unlikely but still possible to get prego on your period...hubs and I just take our chances and cross our fingers that it's *very* unlikely, lol), I do have a few things that have brought pregnancy to mind. First, I have been freaking constipated for a month. I've lowered my carbs a little bit, but not significantly, and my fiber levels haven't changed at all (25-35g/day). Still drink at least 64 fl oz water/day, still walk at least an hour/day for minimum exercise. But I went from being pretty regular, to nothin. I've tried every trick in the book, had to take laxatives a few times (hate doing that), and still don't have my regularity back. Ever since my last period, my whole digestion situation has been completely broken (and this was going on before I lowered carbs a bit). I told a few friends about it, we share such things freely, lol, and their first thought was prego.

The other anomaly is I have been ridiculously emotional. I'm not usually an excessively emotional person, and if I'm upset, I know exactly why. But for the last two weeks or so, I've been a wreck for no reason. Little comments hurt my feelings (one of my good friends called another friend her "best friend" on Facebook and I cried over it when I read it...I NEVER give things like that a second thought, that's highly out of character for me). Random stuff sends me into meltdown mode. I have a tomato plant, and the wind broke one of its branches off. I sat outside and cried for my plant and its broken branch. And I've just generally been moody and emotionally delicate. I truly do not feel upset or sad or mad or stressed about anything. I thought it was a monster case of PMS, but it's been going on for seriously two weeks. Again, I told a few people about me being excessively emotional for absolutely no reason, and everyone's first reaction was "Could you be pregnant?"

Aaaaaanyways, I guess I'd just like to know how possible it is before I spend $3 on a generic brand stick to pee on. I'm really not too worried about it. For one, I don't think I'm prego, but if I am, it wouldn't be a terrible thing.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Well anything is possible to be honest. Having sex on your period does not guarantee no pregnancy. But you did have a period so I'm inclined to think you are not pregnant.

It's possible to manifest symptoms if you are worried but I think I'd rather do the test than continue to worry (though having a period would be good enough for me).

Unless you know when you ovulate (not everyone follows that ovulating midway through cycle stuff they teach you in school) I'd make sure to always use protection unless you want to get pregnant. You might want to look up tracking your ovulation if you aren't using the pill and only using condoms.

Last edited by beerab; 05-05-2011 at 02:56 PM.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 187/180/125

Height: 5'5

Sounds like you could be.. Personal question are you breasts tender? Thats when I finally decided to take a test, my boobs were so sore I knew something had to be up and sure enough....
I'd say spend the few dollars for your peace of mind.
TrishG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #4  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

Thanks guys...I really haven't been worried about it all, so I don't think it's one of those things where you worry so much about symptoms that you kind of worry symptoms into being. I just hadn't even considered it, but after a few people have asked me "Could you be pregnant" for a few different reasons, I gave it a second thought. And again, I'm still not worried, just curious how likely (more like how UNlikely) it is.

I do have an app on my phone where I track when my period starts/ends, the app figures out when my ovulation is and most fertile time, and I record when I had sex. So far, it's been pretty dang accurate. After a few months, it always predicts the day of my next period (I have a long-ish but regular cycle).

I'm with you guys, since I started a completely normal period, I'm 99% positive that I'm not. And Trish, nope, my breasticles aren't sore at all, hehe.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #5  
Undead Diva

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5"

3 bucks is not a lot of money to spend to find out if you've got a bun in the oven. Just bite the bullet and pee on that stick!
MadameZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM   #6  
Lifes a Journey

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/170

Height: 5'5

Go grab a pregnancy test and theres your answer. Maybe grab two just in case the first one messes up.
MiZTaCCen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:22 PM   #7  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

If you really think you might be, you need to bite the bullet and test. And I agree- buy a 2 pack!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:27 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Are you recording your daily temperature on it? How on earth does it know when you ovulate based on when you get your period alone? Some women ovulate immediately after a period and some just before so it's not always the typical mid cycle ovulation.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:37 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I thought I was coming down with a cold or other illness which turned out to be pregnancy. I was upset at my stomach (not physically sick, just queasy) and super exhausted.

With both pregnancies I could barely get out of bed to function the first few months. That's my #1 clue before missed periods (I'm irregular).

If you don't want to pay, there are usually pregnancy clinics and whatnot around. Just pop in and see what they say. Knowing is a lot better than not knowing. But if you don't to get pregnant, I'd seriously consider an IUD - Paragard if you want to avoid hormones and don't have a copper allergy.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'

Things like nausea/morning sickness wouldn't kick in until 6 weeks or so. I would go ahead and buy a 2 pack just in case, or look into local clinics that might also do them for free.
emily88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Considering the recent turmoil you have been through it might be a good idea to hold off getting pregnant for awhile, but if you are I know you will make the best of it.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 01:09 AM   #12  
War Eagle!

S/C/G: 194/165/140

Height: 5'2"

Well, I have a friend who had regular periods while pregnant. She didn't know she was pregnant until about 12 weeks or so because she still had a period. She said she was highly emotional and whatnot, but she didn't think she was pregnant.

For me, though, I knew almost immediately when I was pregnant. It felt like I was "charged" or something. It's like someone flipped a switch, and I just felt different. It's very difficult to explain. Later, after my pee-on-a-stick confirmation, is when I noticed other symptoms, like boob tenderness, peeing a lot, and even later (about 8 weeks), nausea.

Since they are not really that expensive, I'd go pick up a test at the store just for your peace of mind. It will probably be negative, but it will help rule out your symptoms.
theCandEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #13  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

What did you find out?
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 07:45 AM   #14  
sugar is the devil

I'm curious too - keep us updated!
SweetScrumptious is offline   Reply With Quote