Exercise! - Any golfers here?..

View Full Version : Any golfers here?..

Aunt Sheshie
05-05-2011, 01:41 PM
I haven't played golf in 33 years, but I dragged out my clubs a few days ago & am thinking about hitting the driving range once a week or so... this won't be my only exercise - I go to the gym 4 days a week for a variety of workouts... just hoping to supplement with golf, plus it'll be nice to do something outside...

Any advice for getting started will be appreciated... ya know, warm-up exercises, stretches, that kind of thing... not expecting a golf lesson!.. :)

hugs :hug:

Aunt Sheshie
05-06-2011, 05:05 PM
Guess not........ thanks anyway!..

bellaella
05-07-2011, 01:34 PM
i play golf! im not very good.
you can always go to the driving range and hit balls around or if you're really interested, you can invest in lessions.

what i see most players do before they start is hold a club above and behind their head and twist back and forth. i guess this is important to loosen your waist muscle since most of the rotation is coming from there.

Aunt Sheshie
05-07-2011, 04:21 PM
Thanks, bellaella!.. I've seen that stretch too... I've been doing something similar, just holding a kettlebell in front of me (against my body, about waist-level) & turning from side to side... doing the same move with the golf club on my shoulders would be more convenient on the driving range!..

I took lessons 40 years ago & was a decent golfer for a few years, but got fed up with the frustrations that came with it... I quit "cold turkey" one March day in 1978!.. I've thought many times over the years about getting back out on the course, so maybe this time I'll really do it...