Alternachicks - Winter Chat

View Full Version : Winter Chat

Punkinseed
12-31-2002, 08:27 PM
Oooh, the new forum is purdy! Pretty darn green though! :lol:

Happy New Year everyone - just checking in real quick before heading to dinner with da' group.

Ruthie - Congrats to you n' your love for so many years together!

Wildfire - I'm in - I'm so sick of feeling like I'm carrying a basket ball under my shirt!

Resolutions... I don't mean resolution as in the silly ones we've all made at New Years that none of us keep - I mean today I've resolved to do something - I resolve to explore what is going on with "my guy".

I saw Dr. Phil today and he said "if your life is work, home, grocery store, Mom's house, work and home again - the perfect man would have to throw himself on the hood of your car to cross your path". He's right.
Yesterday some things were said by some other people in his office and mine that lead me to believe that I'm truly not just imagining the flirtation... Time to grow some ba... uh, be a bit gutsy, and find out.

That is the biggest goal of 2003

Luv n' hugs all! Have a safe, wonderful New Year!

Terri

rochemist
12-31-2002, 09:39 PM
Happy Anniversary Ruth! 19 years is an awesome accomplishment!

And of course Happy New Year!
Miss Chris

Wildfire
12-31-2002, 10:20 PM
Punkin, you go, girl!!!!:cp: :cb: :dancer: :goodvibes :queen: :hyper:

ellis
01-01-2003, 09:50 AM
Punkin, that's wonderful! You know, you've got nothing to lose. Go for it! hugs and prayers.... :grouphug:

squeaker
01-01-2003, 09:57 AM
Go for Terri!!! That is an awesome goal. Good luck!
:lucky:
I like what Dr. Phil said too. It is very true. Now where are those guys to jump on my hood? At least I could drive by them to make it easier... :lol:

mauvaisroux
01-01-2003, 10:33 PM
Evening all! :wave:

Ellis-you had mentioned Flylady on another thread...I popped in there this evening and saw the "Fling Challenge" for Jan2-16...
I am so on board with that! A few months ago I set up my Flylady control book but never did anything with it :o I don't bother with the emails as I am at work during the day and they would just start piling up :rolleyes: instead I just log on and see what the day's mission is and try to get it done. I am trying to implement the whole thing slowly :) and break my pack-rat habit!

Rochemist-great new picture!

Punkin- good luck :lucky: with the "guy" and :crossed: for you!

I spent last night and the better part of today watching movies with DH. We watched Dragonfly (good); Sum of All Fears (good, and Ben Affleck was better than I thought he would be); K-19 The Widowmaker (very good); Insomnia (good) and Halloween-Resurrection (:p -but then I knew it would be crappy when I got it-had a few laughs though, although I am sure I laughed at parts that weren't intended to be funny :rolleyes: )

ellis
01-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Mauvais, can you "filter" your email? That's what I do with FlyLady. I find they send WAY too many emails, so I filter some of them like the "Go to bed" one, etc so that they go directly into the trash. And the testimonials, too. I do NOT have time to read testimonials!!

Are you feeling any better, hon? Your movie day must have been fun. :)

Punkinseed
01-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Interesting.... :chin: It says I started this thread and I'm purdy sure it wasn't me - there's a *bunch* of our posts missing too. Par for the course I guess... I think this always happens when they "update".

Anywhooo... Thanks for the well wishes. I pretty much stewed on this all through New Years. I kept thinking "ok, I have my 'stuff' - my house, possessions, etc., but guess what? I'm alone". And as much as "alone" doesn't bother me, it *does* bother me that I've found someone wonderful, perfect for me, a great friend, etc. and so obviously interested that I feel like if I don't do *something* I'm failing myself (his office just hands him the phone when I call - even when I don't ask for him, what's up with that??). Of course, being that he's newly divorced I'm not going to just jump on him either...

So, in all my thinking the one sentence that kept going through my mind was "meet me half way" - half way between my house and his is the Bay Area - where we both go to visit friends. First in my plan of action is meeting him there, maybe this summer?? All I know is that I *DO* have to drive by him if he's ever gonna end up on my hood (oh, that's sounds naaaasty :devil: )

48 hours of debating with myself over what to do - the "what-if's", etc. - I'm bushed! I guess an upcoming birthday on Saturday, the holidays, the beginning of a new year, etc... really got me thinking that it's time to *do* instead of *think* - on a LOT of levels.

Happy New Year everyone and here's to a successful US!

Terri

ellis
01-02-2003, 10:26 AM
Punkin, did you get my PM? You PM'd me and I mailed you back....

Hey, the half-way thing is a great goal. For this summer. That means getting rid of the basketball. So you're going to do some exercising, right hon?
Definitely a year to "DO". You go, girl!!! :dance: :cb:

I love your new quote. :)

mauvaisroux
01-02-2003, 10:46 AM
Ellis-I just can't be bothered with the emails in general, mind you that "go to bed" one might help me get off the computer at a decent hour :lol:

Punkin-I closed the Winter chat off but I split the old thread to start the new one so we could pick up on the last conversation we were having re: your decision on your guy. That is also why it looks like you started this thread :)

The old thread is in the archives now for anyone who wants to revisit or catch up.

I agree with you on the New Year's reflections and deciding on what we want for ourselves this year and going for it :cb:

Punkinseed
01-02-2003, 12:01 PM
Ellis - Aaaah, I haven't checked my PM and I set the darn thing up to email me if I got one! My email's been acting freaky for a few days now though.... I'll go check my PM's now!
And exercise - yup, going back to Curves today! :cb:

Mauvais - I thought that might've been what you did after I posted, then backed out and saw the old Winter thread.... Eh, the day after a drinking holiday... I'm surprised I could even get my computer turned on!

Ta'

Terri

mauvaisroux
01-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Punkin~ into ye olde mead were we? ;)

dentrassi
01-02-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi All!! Well, I have had a major scare, which luckily turned out FINE. My Mom was in a car accident two days ago, hit her head on the steering wheel, and had some type of amnesiac response. She actually continued to the post office and then went home, and didn't realize she had been hit until she got home!! My dad took one look at her and took her to the emergency room. They did a thorough check up, and said she was okay. The bump is going down but she is getting MASSIVE bruising around her eyes.

The person who rear ended her was a 16 year old, who "didn't see" that she was at a dead stop waiting to turn into the post office!!! But he called the police, and they came to interview her at the hospital after they called them. The car is totalled. My Mom is such a sweety that she told the police to tell the kid she is okay because she was worried that he'd be scared!!!

squeaker
01-02-2003, 08:49 PM
I'm glad your mom is ok Den!!! That is such a huge scare. :grouphug:

ellis
01-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Den, that is SO scary!! I'm so sorry about your mom, but so glad that she's alright!!
That's so sweet that your mom was concerned about the boy...
hugs, hon.... :grouphug:

dentrassi
01-02-2003, 08:56 PM
Thanks Squeak and Ellis!!!

mauvaisroux
01-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Den-glad your mom is okay-what a scare :yikes:

Ellis-I hope you are feeling better this evening or at least that you are less barfy -and just what were you doing moving furniture when you are sick young lady?!? :nono: take care of yourself hon :goodvibes

ellis
01-03-2003, 07:22 AM
Thank you, Mauvais. :)
You know me... I'd move furniture on my DEATH BED!! :lol:

Punkinseed
01-03-2003, 10:19 AM
Mornin' all...

Still look massively hung over because of my eye hives :rolleyes:. I can't wait for them to go away - until then I'll just look like the walking dead... today I didn't wear any make up (oh pretty!) so... well... ick.

Dent - I am so glad your Mom's ok! Typical Mom though huh? Always more worried about the other person...

Mauvais - Hehehehehe.... I had Texas Tea with dinner on New Year's eve - made with vodka, rum, triple-sec, grenadine, sweet n' sour and Sprite. My neighbor, bless him, bought me the 32oz *jug* o' booze. Then at midnight I did have a glass of mead. :devil: My tongue hasn't been that fuzzy in the morning since I was in my early 20's!

Happy Friday all!

Terri

Lidian
01-03-2003, 12:32 PM
Den, I am so glad that your mom is OK! What a terrible thing to have happen...I'm sending you a big virtual hug!

Poor Punkin, I never heard of eye hives but it sounds very uncomfortable - hope you are feeling much better very soon!
The halfway thing sounds good to me too...

Ellis, for goodness sake please rest and get better before you move any more furniture!!

Chris, I love your new photo too! You are beautiful!

Everyone else - take good care and talk to you soon,

Lidian:)

Wanttolosealot
01-03-2003, 02:05 PM
Oh My gosh Den
You must have been terrified! What a frightening experience for you all. I hope she continues to make a full recovery.

dentrassi
01-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone!!

Terri-fuzzy tongue! THAT is the worst!! What are eye hives anyway?

Ellis-PUT DOWN THE ARMOIR NOW!!!!!!!!

Merrylegs
01-03-2003, 10:25 PM
What a fright for you, Dentrassi. Hope all is well with your dear mum.

dentrassi
01-04-2003, 01:53 PM
Thanks Merrylegs!! She says she is feeling fine, but she has 2 black eyes. She is supposed to fly to visit my sister this Friday, and she says she feels up to it, but wants to buy a pair of sunglasses!!!

ellis
01-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Den, is she going to see that beautiful new baby nephew of yours? :)

dentrassi
01-04-2003, 10:14 PM
NOPE!! Sis is having a hysterectomy on the 13th. The baby is coming in March (we think.)

mauvaisroux
01-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Hello everyone! :wave:

I was thinking of starting a new bio thread for 2003. We have got some new people, lost some along the way and the thread is getting at bit big.

I was wondering what you all would prefer:

1) I start a new thread and you can post a new bio or you can cut and paste your old one (it's up to you)

or

2) I split the thread and keep all the bios of everyone who is current and archive the old bios of people who don't post anymore o posted once only.

Please let me know, thanks!

Mauvaisroux

ellis
01-05-2003, 01:32 PM
I think we should all start with fresh new personalities. :D
I'm going to become a lesbian and have six more children. After reversing my tubal. And then I'm going to get a gun and a snow mobile. And start smoking and cursing. Well, cursing more than I already do.

squeaker
01-05-2003, 04:32 PM
OOO - Can I be married to an independent film director and be an accomplished pastry chef? Plus I think I would like to own a coffee shop. :)

mauvaisroux
01-05-2003, 05:41 PM
Very funny you two :lol:

Well then I am going to be a woman of independent means married to a my DH the rock star, live in a modest mansion with it's own mini movie theatre and 3 lane bowling alley, lap pool and zen garden. Have 4 darling, well behaved children who give me no grief at all and spend my days tending my herb garden and cooking in my gourmet kitchen, reading books and lunching with my friends, and doing all the crafts that I've been meaning to do forever when I am not busy traveling the word. :lol:

ellis
01-05-2003, 06:01 PM
Oh sure... go for the glamour! :lol:

Hey, open a new thread, Mauvais... sounds good to me. Half of those people never made it back to join us. And sometimes I want to re-read someone's bio. Without ploughing through everything.

mauvaisroux
01-05-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey, my fantasy so I might as well live large (er, figuratively speaking) :lol:

dentrassi
01-05-2003, 07:43 PM
oooh!! I have lost all the weight i wanted to lose, am a black belt in karate, and have opened an art shop/work space to sell our jewelry, MIL's paintings, FIL's photography etc. AND after publishing a best-selling poetry book (is this an oxymoron?) my DH has been given a full-time position at the University of his choice along with a grant and a semester off to work on his next book.....which MUST be done while we are resting in the Scottish castle we have been given by an admirer....

DH insists that I add that he starts a SECOND career as an ICE CREAM ACCEPTER!!!!!!! (He says this is a PAID position by the way!!!)

Sojourner
01-07-2003, 01:38 AM
I've been denying and fighting it for a few days but finally I have resigned myself to the fact that I am SICK. :( :cry: I haven't been sick in a few years, but alas I have been stricken with some sort of devilish chest cold. DH suggested that my immune system is shot because of all the immunizations I have had to get for my Thailand trip. A couple weeks ago I was downing live typhoid thingys (virus, germs, organisms... whatever they are)... and a few weeks back I was getting shot up with tetanus and diptheria and both hepatitis A and B. So here I am, lying on couch, hacking and sniffing and sneezing and wheezing. I am so very pathetic. Soon I will be popping malaria pills. Well, I would rather be sick now than on my trip. How long could this friggin illness last?? I leave in three weeks.

Ruthxxx
01-07-2003, 06:43 AM
Aw, Sojo. I'm so sorry you are feeling lousy. It probably is all the immunization crap.

I'm just a touch under the weather these days. I thought it was the dreaded N virus but it's not serious enough for that. Yesterday I forced myself to get up and get on with it and actually felt better. Amazing how a productive day can make you feel.

Off to start the coffee. Can you imagine my auto-timer for the oven does not auto-time the plug so I have to plug the damned thing in all the time. I need servants! I'd like to go downstairs to a proper Britich breakfast - not that I'd eat all that stuff but......

Have a good Tuesday, Alternachicks.

ellis
01-07-2003, 07:48 AM
Sojo, you HAVE to get better before three weeks is up. Bundle up and look after yourself really well, hon. hugs...

Ruth, you too! Don't get sick now, sweetie!

Punkinseed
01-07-2003, 11:04 AM
Ok you sickies... get better soon!
Sojo, I hope you're better for your trip! A friend of mine just got back from Thailand a while ago... she loves it and buys tons of beautiful stuff for her shop here in Oregon (I have an amber & silver ring she got there). So get better, get there, and get shopping!!

Nothing exciting going on here. Totally blew it yesterday. Blew it in a "wow am I stooooopid" kinda way. I accidently mailed my bank deposit envelope. By the time I realized it and drove back to the post office here, they said the mail had already been sent to Bend. So at 8:30am on the nose I need to call the post office in Bend and :crossed: have them find it for me and hold it. It should be in the "dead letter" department. But, how frustrating! I spent the better part of last night wondering how I could do something SO dumb....

So, that's my "excitement" for the day.... :rolleyes:

Terri

OI812
01-07-2003, 12:01 PM
Good morning Ladies!

Sojo...I hope you get to feeling better soon. Make sure you get lots of rest and lots of liquids so that you aren't sick for your trip.

Terri--Thats a pretty funny story! Can't say that I've done that before. Let us know if the post office finds it or not.

Nothing new and exciting in my neck of the woods. Waiting for the bank to call either today or tomorrow to let us know if we've been approved for a mortgage or not.

It is really windy and cold here today. Almost didn't want to go out to the gym. But I did!

Did anyone watch Dr. Phil yesterday? It was about New Years Resolutions. There was a lady on there who couldn't figure out why she couldn't lose weight or stick to an exercise program. Anyways, Dr. Phil told her that we can't control how much weight we lose but we can influence it!
Makes good sense to me!

Anyways...I'm off to read the other threads.
Have a great day and I'll check back with you all later.

~Kelly~

Sojourner
01-07-2003, 04:08 PM
I think Dr. Phil's advice on losing weight is right on. He says that in order to be overweight or gain weight, one must provide a lifestyle that sustains it. IOW, in order to be overweight, my kitchen must be filled with junk food or no food at all, I must eat out at restaurants a lot, I must sit on the couch and watch tv or whatever all night, I must avoid physical activity at all costs (e.g. driving everywhere, avoiding simple errands around the house, moving as little as possible in all aspects of life. never exercising), I must maintain eating habits that are detrimental to my health (e.g. skip breakfast, small lunch, huge dinner, snack all night), etc. Dr. Phil says that in order to lose weight, we must change our lifestyle and habits. It has nothing to do with willpower and everything to do with the our routines. Thus the focus should be on making a plan to change our habits and adopting a lifestyle that sustains weight loss.

Amyjo01
01-07-2003, 04:16 PM
Points to ponder....

Why do I want to eat when I am not hungry?

Why do I weigh 40 pounds more than I want to?

Why did I gain back 20 pound of the 40 pounds I lost?

Why do I feel like I have been ran over by a truck 98% of the time?

Why, why, why, why????

If anyone knows the answrs to these questions could you please let me know....

Ruthxxx
01-07-2003, 04:24 PM
Well, I believe the answer to the first question would apply to all the others but I bet you knew that!

Merrylegs
01-07-2003, 07:58 PM
I agree, Ruth...if we knew the answer to question #1 and applied it, none of us would have come here to post in the first place.

How many Porties do you have, btw? My avatar is my most recent addition to our family.

Amyjo01
01-08-2003, 08:51 AM
Alright Ruth, I guess I deserved that....

Half way through with my Pracitcum for school... and school hasn't started back yet :) Finished my 1st hundred hours on Monday and have 100 more to do before May.... School starts back on Monday. I only have 1 day of classes and one day of clinical so maybe my life will not be a complete cluster for the next 4 months, then I will be a "real" nurse....

I started back on the straight and narrow yesterday... drinking water, eating better, and have the intention of exercising. I have to finish getting my house clean and my mid-term paper written, then I intend on exercising at least 3 days a week.... prefer to do at least 30 minutes a day but am going to have to work my way back up to that. I haven't exercised since last summer because of school and my newly discovered heart ailment. The medication I am on makes me feel better but it limits the amount I can tolerate when I do exercise.

Well, got to get the youngest kid to school and the run some E-bay stuff to the post office. I hope everyone is beginning to feel better.

Amy

Punkinseed
01-08-2003, 11:35 AM
Good mornin' ladies,

Got to the post office yesterday, filled out my claim form and the guy, who was really nice and very helpful, told me that people putting their bank deposits in the mail was a daily occurance. That in fact the only things they haven't found in the mail have been pets and children... :lol: They said they'd call me when they found it and I can come pick it up.

Amyjo - So good to see you again! I know how you feel. I ask myself the same questions - 'cept mine is "how did I allow myself to gain back 89 pounds??". It's all relative, I know, but ouch!
I guess it's all another one of life's lessons... at least that's how I look at it. There's something I'm supposed to "get" from choosing this life this time - now if I could just figure it out soon enough to have some slim time in this life!!!! :chin:

Merrylegs - Hi there! I don't think I've seen you before. Welcome to our crazy bunch!

Sojo - Dr. Phil's got a point - and it's a hard pill to swallow. We/I have done this to ourselves. I didn't wake up overnight having regained almost 100 pounds - and I'm obviously not trying that hard to take it off since I've been maintaining this weight for 3 years now. So, yes, it's something *I* have done - and it's the actions *I* must take to undo it. Hard stuff - but plain simple facts.

Off to find some caffeine...

Terri

mauvaisroux
01-08-2003, 12:10 PM
I think that is the problem with society in general these days no one wants to be responsible for themselves and their own actions. To me Dr. Phil basically tells people what should be common sense or things they already know but they need to have someone else validate it for them. I love the fact that he doesn't let people get away with BS excuses and forces them to face themselves.

Hey Punkin!

Have you done anything about the situation with your guy yet? :)

Punkinseed
01-08-2003, 03:01 PM
Mauvais, no, I'm a big ol' :chicken:

I will - this week's been crazy, my Mom's not left me alone here yet and I donno'... I guess I want to wait until I know when I'm going to CA for sure so I can say "hey, I'm coming down _____, etc....".

He called twice, 5 minutes apart, on January 3rd to wish me a happy birthday on the next day. Then sent me an email card...

I will eventually do it... Yesterday he called again to tell me I had an email, which I think is hysterical. When I told him yesterday that I was going to pester him (remind) about something today (totally work related) he said "as if you need a reason to call" - ok... huh?? So, is he saying I *don't* need a reason to call? I've never called him just to chat - he has called me, but I've never done it. :shrug:

And they say women are hard to figure out... :rolleyes:

Terri

Wanttolosealot
01-08-2003, 03:26 PM
Terri
Sure sounds to me like he wants you to call, just to hear your voice. I think he has it bad for you girl. Go for it!
Virginia

ellis
01-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Amy, you are doing GREAT, girl!! Keep it up!!

Terri, you're so funny. :lol:
Hey, I think you should "go for it" with your friend, but just be careful, okay? Some men give off strange signals. We love you, and we don't want you to be hurt. :grouphug:

mauvaisroux
01-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Punkin~ sounds like he digs you! Ellis is right about being careful though, take a chance but keep a level head :)

OI812
01-09-2003, 08:03 AM
Morning ladies!

Terri--I say go for it! You only have one life to live and you don't want to sit around later and say...what if....Just keep your head clear and if you smell any kind of trouble...get out of the situation.
Good luck!

Now I know I sound repetative....but I constantly read articles and watch t.v. on weightloss, nutrition, exercise etc. Yesterday I was watching Oprah and she was doing a show on obese women. They were like 400+ lbs! They were showing us why they ate, how they ate, what they ate, why they had no control and couldn't stop and that they wanted help. It was a very good and enlightening show. They talked to a lady on there who had lost almost 300 lbs in about a year! She looks absolutely wonderful! What an inspiration she must of been to all the other large women there.

Anyways...I just wanted to share that with you all.

Have a great day and chat with you all later

~Kelly~

Punkinseed
01-09-2003, 10:35 AM
Happy Friday-eve!

Thanks you guys... sometimes I wonder if I'm not making more out of all this than there really is. I re-read what I wrote a few times to make sure it was completely, 100% fact - and it is - so maybe I'm really not imagining all this (hey it's been a loooong time since I've been flirted with). I do keep in mind that this "thing" with him may be nothing more than the universe's way of teaching me something - or simply helping me heal from my divorce after which I believed I'd never feel like this again.
Who knows... either way, I'm happy and enjoying the experience.

I think my brother's shown him pictures of me. But my best friend wants (for some reason) to make sure "my guy" knows what I look like - right now. She wants to make sure he likes me for me and not whatever I might look like in 6 months. I agree, to a point, but I also told her my big butt isn't terminal. He knows I go to the gym, he knows I worked for WW, we'd discussed the weight we'd gained during our divorces...I don't want to send a "now" picture - mostly because he hasn't asked. All he's asked my brother is when am I coming to L.A.... Maybe I'm being Pollyanna, but I'd like to think in your 30's this is all about more than just what you look like. Like I told my best friend - we're all gonna end up old, with no teeth and soft eventually, so it's best that the relationship be based on WAY more than looks!

OI81 - I saw that on Oprah yesterday! I wonder how one looses almost 300 pounds in one year healthfully though??? That means she lost about 25 pounds a month - 3 1/2 pounds a week, every single week... It was a great show though. I wanted to punch that one woman when they were asking the people on the street what they felt when they saw a fat person - the lady that said "lift up them rolls and clean" - did you see how big *she* was??? :rolleyes: People in glass houses, etc., etc. and so on....

Well, I better get movin'...

Terri

dentrassi
01-09-2003, 01:13 PM
I felt the same way Terri!!! WHAT A B!@#$!!!!!!!

Hey, I don't think you are reading ANYTHING into the guy's messages. He is DEFINITELY interested.

mauvaisroux
01-09-2003, 06:56 PM
Geeze! That was really mean and rude of that woman! :mad:
sounds like she had a good reason to take a look in the mirror herself and to take an especially good look at her inner self.

When I see a fat person I don't think anything like that, since I have struggled with weight issues myself, my mum is overweight, some of my friends are overweight, etc.

And when I see someone who is morbidly obese my first thought is that they may have a medical problem or that they may be on medication which seems to be a big factor for a lot of people. It really bugs me when people judge others like that ~ they don't know anything about these people or their lives.

What is even worse is that it is usually women who say these things about other women. Sad, very sad indeed.

*Sigh* I guess in a perfect world we would all be valued for our minds, character and spirit.

I'll just step off my soapbox now :soap:

Amyjo01
01-10-2003, 08:09 AM
Two days completely OP... I feel great :)

Punkin-- nothing ventured nothing gained....

Hope everyone is doing well, I have to get this mid-term paper written.

Amy

Wanttolosealot
01-10-2003, 09:44 AM
Amy
Way to go girl! Good for you.
Virginia

Punkinseed
01-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Happy Friday!!!

Thanks Amyjo... ;) and congrats on the OP accomplishment!

Quick note - I got my bank deposit back on Wednesday! :cb: The post office mailed it back to me... last time I try to *mail* an ATM envelope I tell ya' :dz:

Re: Oprah - almost all of the people they interviewed made comments about being lazy, unclean, or uncaring of what they look like. One lady, I believe the same hypocrit that made the "lift them rolls" comment, said something about fat people smell. What a.... :rolleyes: There was the one woman who said she pitied the fat. I don't know about you guys, but I know pity is the LAST thing I want, need or expect. Respect as a human? Yes, thank you.

I'm with you Mauvais... I see someone extremely heavy and I wonder first what condition they must have. Sometimes wonder what kind of hurt they must have to build that kind of protective shell (definately my case). Pity, disgust? Never.

Hi ho, hi ho...

Terri

Punkinseed
01-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Behold... she has returned!!!

Susan Powter, who we were *just* discussing, has a new website up - susanpowteronline.com

I used to like her, now I think I want to strangle her. Two words come to mind when reading her latest and greatest...

militant psychobabble

(for those of you who may love the new strong armed SP, please forgive me, but to tell someone point-blank "move on" when they ask a question about the ol' Stop the Insanity stuff.... just seems harsh)

Terri

Amyjo01
01-10-2003, 06:50 PM
:cb: :hat: :dancer: :balloons:

I FINISHED MY MID-TERM PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am half way to graduation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell that I am excited?

ellis
01-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Amyjo, congratulations!! :cb: :dance:
Yes, we can tell that you're excited. ;)

squeaker
01-22-2003, 09:52 PM
If I read the board right - I think it is Ms Sojo's birthday!

Happy Birthday!!

:cb: :hb: :gift: :hat: :balloons:

If I am completely wrong or you want to ignore your birthday, please ignore this post ;)

Sojourner
01-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Yup... it is indeed my birthday! I am proudly 32 today and just got back from a great Thai restaraunt with dh and friends. Luckily I didn't eat much today, so I had plenty of room for crispy squid, spring rolls, pud thai, and a couple glasses of wine. Yum! :T

ellis
01-23-2003, 07:06 AM
Happy Birthday, Sojourner!!
:cb: :balloons: :gift:

Lidian
01-23-2003, 10:05 AM
Happy birthday Sojo!! Pad thai, yum yum! (I love those shrimp chips too, and coconut rice!)

Lidian

Wanttolosealot
01-23-2003, 10:16 AM
Happy Birthday SOJO!!!!! Hope you have a great day, with all your happy thoughts coming true! :hb: :hat: :dance: :goodvibes :balloons: :chockiss: :grouphug: :dancer: :gift: :cb:

dentrassi
01-23-2003, 12:59 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOJO!!

:hb: :hat: :gift: :dance: :gift: :hat: :hb:

(my DS #1 shares your day...he was 16 yesterday!!)

Punkinseed
01-23-2003, 01:32 PM
:hat:Happy, Happy Birthday Sojo!!!!!:gift:
(a bit belated)

I hope you had a wonderful day (sounds like you did!)

Terri

mauvaisroux
01-23-2003, 09:07 PM
:hat: HAPPY BIRTHDAY SOJO!!! :cb:

Sojourner
01-24-2003, 12:59 AM
Ok grrrls...

I'm leaving for Thailand within hours... I should be in bed but of course here I am sitting at the computer. I'm so excited and a little nervous and just anxious to go! Wish me luck, keep me in your prayers or thoughts. I'll be back on Feb 8th with all sorts of wonderful stories! I'll miss you all...

BYE!!!:wave:

ellis
01-24-2003, 07:16 AM
God bless, Sojo! Have a wonderful time!!
xoxo ellis

squeaker
01-24-2003, 08:08 AM
Have fun Sojo!!!!!!!!

Wanttolosealot
01-24-2003, 09:20 AM
Have a great time Sojo! We will miss your wise input.
Virginia

Punkinseed
01-24-2003, 09:45 AM
Goddess speed and safe travels Sojo. I can't wait to hear all about it!

Terri

Merrylegs
01-24-2003, 10:05 AM
Come back safe. Have a wonderful time, Sojo!!:)

Ruthxxx
01-24-2003, 10:15 AM
I'm sure you will have a ball! Are you going to that place called Phukat? May not be spelled that way but.....

dentrassi
01-24-2003, 10:31 AM
HAVE FUN!!!!

Amyjo01
01-24-2003, 12:28 PM
:bb: Bah, no fair... I wish it was me ....

Have fun, save travel, see you soon!

Hugs, Amy

mauvaisroux
01-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Have a great trip Sojo! :D

Lidian
01-24-2003, 08:41 PM
Have a safe & wonderful trip Sojo, you lucky girl! I can't wait to hear about all the great adventures you'll be having...Take good care of yourself - we are going to miss you!!

Love, Lidian