Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 05:21 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Angry Thursday Weigh-in Results--a New Year

Happy New Year!!!!!!!
Welcome to the thread to anyone new. We post our weekly scale results here.

I'm "thinking" about going to weigh in tomorrow. I might not get to because our kitty isn't feeling well and I'll call the vet in the morning. He (the cat) is getting up in years and I guess will be ailing more. I hate that!

Good luck to all that do weigh this week.

Tina
Old 01-01-2003, 06:54 PM   #2  
Susan

Thanks for starting a new thread, Tina!

Happy New Years! I'm weighing in tomorrow. Hope everyone has good luck at the scales!

Tina, I hope your kitty is ok. I'm a cat lover (have 5 myself) I know how it is when one of your babies is sick.

Susan
Old 01-02-2003, 07:44 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

So how did everyone do who weighed in today?
Susan, you said you were going to weigh today, so, did you lose more weight?

I didn't make it today but will go tomorrow.
I took my cat to the vet this morning. He didn't have fever or any infection. They ran a thyroid test. The results won't be back until tomorrow. The vet said that lots of older kitties need thyroid medication. I find that very interesting. David (our son) told me it was hereditary since I take Synthroid. I kind of doubt that.

I'll look for more posts.
Tina
Old 01-02-2003, 10:23 PM   #4  
Susan

Tina,
I forgot to weigh this morning (good excuse, huh?) Last time I weighed earlier in the week, I had gained it all back. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Funny, my dog has thyroid problems too. It's a family thing! Let me know how your kitty is when you get the results back.

Good luck to everyone.
Susan
Old 01-03-2003, 09:46 AM   #5  
Susan

Ok, I weighed this morning and I was up 1.5 pounds. However, I feel real bloated and TOM is just around the corner.

How is everyone else doing? I hope you all have a great loss!!

Susan
Old 01-03-2003, 08:58 PM   #6  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Didn't WI this week. I hate to even get on the scale. I don't think I've done terrible but I'm sure I'm up some. I will probably WI next week. I think I might try it on my own at home for one session. I gave myself a time off last year and it did me some good not to have to WI every week. I still had lost 3 lbs by the time I rejoined the next session. I think the winter off will be ok. I still will WI at home and do the program and if I start to mess up too much then I will rejoin sooner. I guess I'll wait and see how I feel in a couple weeks, that's when this season pass is up. Hope everyone has a great week end....Sis
Old 01-03-2003, 09:29 PM   #7  

I was up 1/2 at weigh in. Thought it would be more than that the way I've been eating!! Glad that it wasn't though.

Hope things work out for the kitty! I know how I get when our dog is sick.
Old 01-05-2003, 05:48 PM   #8  
Thursday Lady

Hi.
I weighed in Friday and was up 1 pound which isn't that bad.

Sis, do whatever is best for you. Like you said, you can always get yourself back to meetings if the home thing doesn't work.

Tammy, 1/2 isn't bad at all!!!!!

Report on my cat----He checked out okay, no thyroid problems. However, he's still favoring his back right leg. We don't know if it's a muscle injury or what.
I can take him in some time this week and they'll x-ray his legs and back. I'm going to wait a few more days before making him go through that ordeal. He is eating better now.
We'll see.
Thank you for your concern. Our pets are also our children, aren't they!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's beautiful here. I think it's in the high 60's right now.

Tina
Old 01-06-2003, 09:08 AM   #9  
Susan

Hi Ladies,
Tammy, 1/2 pound is nothing. It will come off this week.
Tina, 1 pound isn't bad either. It'll come quickly. Glad your Kitty is better!
Sis, do what works for you! You can do it!!!

How did everyone else do? Hope you had a good loss.

Susan
Old 01-07-2003, 01:18 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Arrow It's Tuesday

GOOD MORNING

May I join in? I weigh in on Thursdays and think it may help to post my progress here.

I weighed in on this Thursday last and showed a 1.2 pound loss which gets me started on what I want to happen this year. My long term goal is to lose a pound a week which is 52 pounds will be gone off this body come the end of 2003.

I have a charm bracelet started on which I place a sterling silver charm for each 10 pounds lost. I never have more than 10 pounds to lose at any given time and look forward to when I get to add another charm. I feed my Thin Within person.

Have a great week folks and I'll see you again on Thursday.
Old 01-07-2003, 01:45 PM   #11  
Need Support

Unhappy Tuesday Weigh In

I am so bummed out. This is the most I have ever weighed.
286 and my goal is 145. I guess the best time to start is now.
My family needs this too, so I am going to take notes each meeting and relay it to my family so they can keep track of their own points.
I am worried about my daughter, she is 10 and 165 pounds.
I guess the best place to start now is clean out the pantry and start over.
Good Luck everyone
Sharon 44
Old 01-07-2003, 07:56 PM   #12  

Sharon
Dont get down on yourself...you have made the decision to do something about your weight ....celebrate that fact...you are doing something about it and I know you are on the right track. Going to the meetings and then helping your family is a great idea. You will inspire all of them.

Embrace Maggies ideas and feed the thin person within.....set realistic goals and remember inch by inch and pound by pound...you will make the weight go down.....
Old 01-07-2003, 11:17 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Maggie and Sharon, we are so glad you have come to join us.
I ditto everything that Kady has said.

Tina
Old 01-08-2003, 11:05 AM   #14  
Susan

Hi all,
I agree with Kady and Tina. Welcome to our group. Join us on the thread "Thursday Chatter" Hope everyone is doing good.

Susan
Old 01-09-2003, 09:31 AM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Okay, I'm overdoing it a little this morning.
I am sooooo excited because I got on my scales and had a 2 pound loss!!!
When I journal, I lose. I don't know if not eating starches morning and noon is really helping but I feel better. It's not going to continue because I need my morning cereal some days. I just wanted to try something different.
(My doc had suggested going without them altogether for 6 wks.---no way.)

Good luck to everyone who weighs in this week.

Tina
Closed Thread