Old 05-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #1  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Default Phase 3 question??? & Changing goal weight?? Please Reply!!

I am very close to phase 3 and have heard that when you start phase 3 people tend to gain 3-5 pounds back. I just wanted to get an idea of the average gained back and if its true. I also wanted to find out if you went below the weight you wanted to maintain before starting phase 3 to compensate for that weight gain. I would like to maintain 125 and am currently 124 and was thinking I needed to go to 120 to compensate for the possible gain in phase 3.

The closer I get to my goal the more I feel like I want to continue to lose. I started thinking maybe I should get down to the teens. Not sure that it's a maintainable weight for me. Did anyone else have this issue when you reached your initial goal weight?
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I am not at goal yet, but went to phase 3 for an upcoming vacation. I gained only about 2 lbs, my husband hasn't gained any (it has been 1.5 wks). But I really think everyone is different. My coach did tell me that instead of a "goal weight" she recommends a 5 point range. So maybe decide if you want your wiggle space to be 120-125 or 125-130. Congrats on your wt loss!
serendipityberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

During phase 3 I fluctuated from 128-130. now in phase 4 I'm doing the same. I did not lose the additional 5lbs as I have 2 weddings in 2 weeks and a cruise, so I did phase 3 for 2 weeks, then went to phase 4. I try to follow the rules as best as I can with travel, wedding rehearsal, then 1st wedding. Came home, did phase 1 for 2 days, dropped the 2 lbs I gained during the weekend and I will probably follow phase 2 for the next 10 days - I leave then to go to 2nd wedding, then a cruise for 1 week. Just use the tools you were taught during phase 1. Giving myself 5lb leeway would be an invitation to just eat whatever I wanted as long as I stayed in the 5lb range. I worry that if I let it go to that point, that it will be hard to get back! Just me.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I am very close to phase 3 and have heard that when you start phase 3 people tend to gain 3-5 pounds back. I just wanted to get an idea of the average gained back and if its true. I also wanted to find out if you went below the weight you wanted to maintain before starting phase 3 to compensate for that weight gain. I would like to maintain 125 and am currently 124 and was thinking I needed to go to 120 to compensate for the possible gain in phase 3.

The closer I get to my goal the more I feel like I want to continue to lose. I started thinking maybe I should get down to the teens. Not sure that it's a maintainable weight for me. Did anyone else have this issue when you reached your initial goal weight?
I was just saying on another thread that not only did I not experience the 3-5 lb weight gain after ph. 3 and 4 but that I actually lost another 6 lbs and have been maintaining that weight loss. I'm still on vacation in Israel and have been eating a ton of bread, hummus and middle eastern food and will probably have gained a few pounds, but only because of constant free days, which is not my normal behavior on maintenance.
So...this is a long winded way of saying you might keep losing as you head toward maintenance. If you find that you don't, you can always do a few low carb ph. 1 type days and lose a few more pounds. You really won't know until you get there and I favor moving forward on IP and get a feel for real life in the food world. Its a more realistic way of finding out what your bodies really up to after all this time. Best of luck and congrats on your weight loss.
Sunny
sunnymae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:13 PM   #5  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Alaska,

I left you a short note on the "Life After" thread this AM.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote