General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Question Working in Fast Food.

I've been putting in applications all over the place looking for a job. I don't care what it is, but most of the applications I've put in have been for fast food. But here's the thing- I don't want to eat the food. Not only have I heard if you eat the food at the place you work at too often it ruins it for you and you get sick of it, I generally avoid Fast Food to begin with.

Is it considered rude, or something, to pack your own lunch? My sister says yes. She says if I bring my own food (she works in fast food) they might actually say something to me. Most of the places I applied for say you get free lunch, etc. I don't want it, and I don't want the pressure of it. I might occasionally buy a water or a milk, maybe a bag of Sun chips, but that's about it. My friend started work somewhere and gained 15lb in the first few months.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:15 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Personally, I wouldn't think it's rude. You could tell them you have special diet needs (not legally required to tell them everything, just so you know) if they do say something to you. I would also suggest you could eat away from customers so they don't wonder why you don't eat the same food, bwahaha. Good luck with your job search!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I worked in fast food for years. My binge eating disorder started when I was working at Burger King. Trust me, you do not want to get in the habit of eating the free food. Sometimes free isn't without a cost.

BTW, I was in management at several fast food places. I never gave someone bringing their own lunch a second thought. When I worked at Pizza Hut, I stopped eating the freebies and lost 50 lbs. from all the running around you do in restaurant work.

Best of luck with your job search!
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:49 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Right, exactly. I really don't want to have to worry about it. I plan to bring my notebook and my own food, and count calories just the same. I'll probably make food in advance, though, so I don't have to put something together at the last minute and GUESS at how many calories I'm eating.

I guess I'll just eat away from customers, so they don't wonder. I figured it would look bad. I really hope I can stay on plan if I end up working in fast food....thanks
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:27 AM   #5  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

The truth is that when you work in the food industry, you get TIRED of eating their food. It gets BORING 0 and of course, when you come home, you smell like the food that's cooked. How can people NOT start bringing their own lunches after a while?

Plus, working in food service is busy The days go by fast, tons of walking and moving

If it's a common chain restaurant, they should have calorie information available. Maybe in a pinch you can make your own unique meal that's a healthier choice.

I think that you can totally do it. The financial security of the new job with also help you, too
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #6  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

I don't think it would be considered rude at all to bring your own lunch.

A lot of fast food places now offer salads and things like apple slices so depending on your plan you might still be able to find something you could have.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote