Simply Filling/Core - Weeklychat May 2nd- 8th

View Full Version : Weeklychat May 2nd- 8th

jojo23
05-02-2011, 03:09 AM
Well done America. Bib Laden dead... you got him :carrot::carrot::carrot::
Small comfort for the bereaved relatives I know, but it might help a little

Tejas
05-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Yes, Jojo, that step was taken. I'm sure that we all wish our world could be better than it is, but, since it isn't, I'm not sorry that this assassination happened.

Sandra, the performance was good. The stage--cement--was absolutely awful.

Yesterday, we celebrated DH's granddaughter's first birthday. I made a Barbie cake which she really liked. She just looked at the doll figurine with big, wide eyes and dug right in. :lol: I did very well and had only a sliver of the cake and ate the rest of the goodies quite modestly.

I didn't sleep much last night because of all the storming. We need the rain but the thunder and lightening was quite the show, for HOURS.

Vickie
05-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm just up after staying up to watch the President last night. I'm proud today of our country for standing up to terrorists. Everyone be careful out there, since I fear there may be some retaliation.

Rhonda, I'm glad you had fun at your show. I'm sure your legs are aching. I need to make a cake for my and Jim's birthday for the 14th but I'm stumped. I want to make our carrot cake but we love nuts in it but some of my family is allergic. Does anyone have an awesome cake recipe...NOT Core or WW or Chocolate that will knock our socks off?

JoJo, I'm happy that Bin Laden is dead for his evil wouldn't have stopped until he took his last breath. As it is, he still has followers. I'm just glad that we have shown the world that we will be relentless, it may take a while, but we will have justice.

Ok....enough politics from me. I apologize but I am amped up this morning! Getting on the scale twice today will bring me back down to earth. In between, that cut and color and then a fabulous birthday dinner out for my husband. He LOVES Chicken Vesuvio and I found a great local restaurant to take him too. I shall try to be moderate.

Love to all the rest of you.

beach bum
05-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Good Morning Ladies:)

Had a good night sleep and woke up late 8AM and now my day is shorter than normally.Really don't have much to do but got to the bank and bring my bucket of pennies to the coin machine. Than go to a hardware store to find a flag hook so I can hang my flag out on the wall.The ones I had got rusty and fell apart.

JOJO-Thanks for the new pages,I'm thankful hes dead,but I'm still afraid we are going to pay the consequences as I agree with Vickie he still have followers all over the USA and I'm sure we are going to get bombed within.

RHONDA-Having a one year grand child is wonderful I remember the day when mine were that age. Did she like her Barbie cake????

VICKIE-Good luck at your WI's and happy to hear you had a wonderful time at your DH birthday dinner

I have to go,as its getting late and I have a few errands to attend to.

Have a nice day

ems81wales
05-02-2011, 01:29 PM
they may have killed him but it aint going to stop all the fitghting over there it may get worse.

ontarget
05-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi there, Chickies. I was up late watching the news last night, too. Today I didn't have to be at school till 10 so that was good.

I am so weak. I brought a salad for lunch but the school counselor had pizza for all of us. I had 2 slices.

Rhonda, what a blessing you and Doyle are here to enjoy watching your grands grow up. Makes these thunderboomers worth it, doesn't it?

Vickie, wish I could help you with a cake idea. Last night there was a lady talking about a passion cake. You might google that. I don't have a clue what it is. Hmmmmmm....think I'll google it now while the biology kids do their work.

ems81wales
05-02-2011, 04:27 PM
mmmmm pizza x

Tejas
05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Cake recipe? WELL, now that you asked...look up Texas Sheet Cake...delicious. It's another one that is really good with nuts (pecans) but they're not absolutely necessary.

I just had a killer workout, and I'm headed to the hot tub and a nap.

Yes, Maryann, she loved her cake...both looking at it, and eating it. It was red velvet, with cream cheese icing because that is her mother's favorite.

ontarget
05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Cake.............. I love Texas Sheet Cake. Just hadn't thought of it in ages. That's one of my all time favorites for sure. (The passion cake didn't look so good to me.)

Rhonda, Doyle's and my grandmother used to make the best coconut cake with pineapple filling. Ask him if he remembers that. (I'm not sure he likes coconut or not, though.)

I have homemade chicken sour cream enchiladas in the oven. Guess you can see what kind of day I'm having. Pizza, enchiladas, but at least no sugar.

jojo23
05-03-2011, 02:43 AM
No, you are so right the evil lives on. Our city is the home of the SAS so we will have to be extra alert. It's no diffence for us though, because we have had years of the IRA threat. An old school friend of mine lost a son in the London tube bombings. He was blown out of the carriage and under the train. He had missed his usual so took the next. It has ruined her life, she has had to give up her job and still gets many black days. She's not rejoicing about Bin Laden's death, it makes no difference to how she feels.
We are off on a jolly this morning (Going to Abergavenny market Ems) hope the weather holds. It isn't so sunny but the wind has dropped.

ems81wales
05-03-2011, 05:50 AM
hope you have a good time jojo im off to uni to do work :(

ontarget
05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
JoJo :hug:

I hope your weather holds up and you have a good trip.

I stayed home sick today. I'm aching all over and have a stuffy head. Life goes on.

Tejas
05-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Just below our forum is a site discussing Dr. Oz's "green drink." I made it last night and thought it was good. It is blended spinach, celery, apple, parsley, cucumber with ginger and lemon and lime juices. It is a little bitter and strongly tastes like parsley. I added a little apple juice. You can find the recipe on his website. It is not cheap, especially if you use organic veggies as I did. But it's a good way to get in more veggies it seems to me.

This morning I made a shake: 1 T PB, 1 banana, 1 cup Greek yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, and 1 cup of Silk Light chocolate soy milk. It is not low calorie particularly but very high protein and very tasty.

Sandra, I'll ask about the cake: coconut and pineapple remind DH of Hawaii, which he loves.

I hope you all have a great day. I'm off to the gym in about an hour.

ps: CNN is reporting that photos of Bin Laden's corpse are likley to be released. I would not want to make that decision. But, if we can see JFK's assassination again and again, why not Bin Laden's?

Tejas
05-03-2011, 10:57 AM
Hey, Sandra..see what those enchiladas will do to you! You should have had a margarita too :lol:

lostcause
05-03-2011, 01:33 PM
ok how many points is the Texas Sheet Cake would love cake but how much is it going to cost me? found it. maybe that will b a reward when I reach a goal

ontarget
05-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Lostcause, I can't help you about the points. I haven't had the sheet cake in several years (back when things were "countless" to me) I'm guessing it's high, though. It even has sour cream in it. Guess you could use ff sc if you wanted.

Rhonda, you're right. Should have had the margarita.

beach bum
05-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi Ladies:)

Had an appointment with my doctor for my 6 month Cholesterol blood test and than off to the beach where I met a woman from Germany that my friend introduced me to . Her DH just past away and we were there to listen to her story. Than my DD called and read me a report of Leo's & my families history that my granddaughter has to hand it for Heritage Day.

Now after dinner I have to go down an tackle them laundry and so some household chores.

RHONDA-The cake sound yummy,I have to start working out, my knee is bothering me now when walking and my doctor told me that its the ligaments,as I haven't used them much,he told me to walk 30m per day to get them working again.

SANDRA-Sorry your feeling well today sending some[[[[[ get well vibes]]]]] your way.

Have go go and get my laundry in the washer.

Tejas
05-03-2011, 05:10 PM
Texas sheet cake is basically chocolate cake with LOTS of chocolate and, normally, nuts. It has LOTS of points, whatever they may be.

ontarget
05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Thank you, Maryann. I'm feeling better. Just got to chat with my dgd that lives in KY. That's cool about your dgd writing the report on your family. Maybe you can get a copy then frame it or put it in a scrapbook. Tat would be a wonderful keepsake.

jojo23
05-04-2011, 03:12 AM
Are you better Sandra?

Maryann My cousins researched our family history. They couldn't be bothered to visit the old folk in the family when they wre alive mind. Oh no! They were far too busy for that. Anyway, they asked me if I would like to help. I told them I couldn't be bothered, I knew as far back as the 1800's from talking to the family elders. Well, we met up at a family 'do' and I asked how they were getting on. Lots of feet shuffling and blushing and they told me they had given up because we were related to Captain Morgan the pirate. Yeah yeah was I ever proud; at long last I knew where I got my fight from. I asked if we got any money from the sale of the Captain Morgan run... no. Still never mind.
l

beach bum
05-04-2011, 09:10 AM

Looks like I won't be going out to my walking club today as it looks like a down pour any minute. Just as well I won't be able to walk today with my knee hurting today. Other wise everything is OK. Going to puts some of my winter clothes away and bring some light clothes out for the Spring.

SANDRA-It was a school project and my DD had most of the info from her Heritage report that she did while she was in college. I have the first report from my side of family & from Leo's side of family. Its interesting to go back and read the report, of relatives years ago .

JOJO--WOW a Pirate in the family,that must be interesting. My DD was always interested in our family heritage,and she was the one how brought all the information to us. I knew from my DH side that his mothers family come from St Columba [don't know the spelling]But to have a saint in our family,maybe we'll be the first ones in heaven.

Well I have to go and get dressed and get the garage out to the curb and than start my chores for the day

Have a great day

ontarget
05-04-2011, 11:25 AM
Yo Ho Ho, JoJo!!!!! How kewl is that!! Some of my ancestors were moonshiners in Tennessee. Does that count?

Sloan, they lived around Mercer and Bolivar. I visited the "old homeplaces" when I was a young girl.

Maryann, I did that report when I was in college, too. I was lucky to get a lot of info from a distant relative that dated back to the 1700's.

I'm still sick and have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. I'm hoping for a shot.

Tejas
05-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Let's see, I have a horse thief, a slave owner, and a bigamist in my family tree. That's life. The bigamist was my maternal g-grandfather, and a cousin reconnected his families. We are all cyber-buddies but haven't met.

I've lost another pound this week. There's a lot on the internet about it being difficult to lose weight and gain muscle. It is! But, all the trainers say that it will happen, and that weight is 80% food. I've decided that May is my month to drop some pounds. I'm closely watching my diet even more than usual, tying to make sure that everything I eat is nutritionally dense. No sheet cake for me!

ontarget
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Weigh to go, Rhonda!!!!!

jojo23
05-05-2011, 02:57 AM
What great families you all have. Wish my heritage was as rich as that.
Goodnews about the weight loss Rhonda:carrot:

Maryann You take care when you are doing all that work. Watch the knees.

The May Fair has been in town for the last 3 days, the last day today. We shall be walking down to have looksee this evening. When I was a little girl, rides cost 6 pence (that's 2and a half pence in new money Ems) they now cost minimum of 1.

Is anyone in touch with Nancy? If so please give her my love and tell her Mark and I are thinking of her.

Tejas
05-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Mayfair; that would be fun. I presume it includes dancing around a Maypole to wake up the earth?

Yesterday, I did very well with eating. The only things I ate that were not nutritionally dense were 1/4 C of sherbert and 1 glass of wine. We went out to dinner and I had grilled salmon and broccoli. In restaurants I've been asking them to use minimal oil/butter and no additional salt. So far, so good.

Sandra, how are you feeling today?

Maryann, I hope you get your walk in today...in the sunshine!

Oh, I checked Nancy's facebook page. She has posted some pictures of Robin and the grandchildren. Nancy, are you lurking here?

beach bum
05-05-2011, 09:48 AM

My knee feels lots better now that the rain is gone.

I heard a strange noise last night either in the basement or the backyard and It was so annoying that I went around the house to explore. I wasn't in the basement ,but in the back of the house, my gutter drain fell off and it was the heavy rains made the noises.I have to get up ask my friend Alice to hold the ladder while I go up and fix it. We heading for Hyannis this morn to shop at Trader Joe's,and than to Mahoney's Garden Center & than out to lunch.

Just wanted to to know that my knee is feeling fine today.Have to go will be back later.

Vickie
05-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Chicks! HUGE congratulations to Rhonda for losing a WHOLE pound. That is tremendous progress.

Mary Ann....for goodness sake....hire your handyman. Do NOT go on the ladder yourself!

Gotta run. Jim may have an unscheduled Doctor's appointment today.

ontarget
05-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi there, Chickies. I'm feeling much much better today, and I slept well all night. Life is good. Today I'm readying all for our trip to Houston tomorrow. We have a Curtis family reunion Saturday. Looks like we'll be home late Sunday.

I made some awesome veggies for lunch--cut up potatoes, carrots, onions, 2 teaspoons oo, and some Lipton dry soup mix. (herb and garlic) I roasted it for 20 min @ 450*. Delicious!!

Rhonda, I think everyone here agrees with me that you're working harder at being healthier than any of us. Congratulations to you for your perseverance and dedication. You are an inspiration.

Everybody else, I'm not saying you don't work hard. Rhonda's just extremely motivated and determined. We need to let it rub off on us. (I know I do.)

Maryann, I agree you need to get someone else to climb that ladder.

Vickie, how is Jim?

JoJo, we have Mayfest around here, but usually thunderboomers come uninvited. Enjoy yours and give us a report.

Well, I just sneezed again. Oh, well, I'm going outside to fling some arrows anyway. Life is good.

Vickie
05-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Don't know. He sees the internist tomorrow and the Cardiologist as soon as we can get an appointment.

Tejas
05-05-2011, 03:33 PM
I made an amazing, delicious salad for lunch:

3 oz chicken breast, chopped
1/2 c drained, rinsed cottage cheese
3 cups dark, mixed salad greens
1/2 cup cauliflower, chopped
6 baby carrots, chopped
1/2 avocado, chopped
1/2 orange pepper, chopped
2 T commercial peach salsa (10 calories)

It was yummy!

Then I had a lower body workout at the gym, deadlifted 162 pounds 6 times, after having done 132 pounds 10 times :woohoo:

Now, it's nap time for sure.

pam920
05-05-2011, 10:03 PM
hey all. I've been home since Tuesday. Had a good time. My cousin said his last cat scan showed his tumor is smaller, but stage 4 cancer, his dr gives him more time, that is all. He was in good spirits and said he wasn't afraid to die. Then he cried when I left, saying he will never see me again, which in turn made me cry. He is more like a big brother to me, than a cousin.

Vickie, hope you get good news for Jim.

Rhonda, that salad sounds so good, except I would have to pass on the cottage cheese. It has always reminded me of sour milk. I tasted it once, but could only think of sour milk, lol. Congrats on the weight loss. You sure do deserve it, with all you do.

Sandra, hope you are good as new tomorrow. Must be allergies??

Maryann, I agree with the other chicks, don't climb that ladder. I have those aches with the weather change too.

jojo, woop di do, on your big loss this week.

I gained .2 this week. After all the good food I ate while in Michigan, I will take it. We weigh at 6 pm, which I do not like. Rather have a morning weigh in.

Hubby got new glasses today. His eyes were bothering him, and his one eye went from 20/40 to 20/80.

hey ems. I think you lost this week too???

ontarget
05-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Vickie, keep us posted on Jim. I'm wishing you both the best of news.

Rhonda, your salad sounds good.

Pam, that's sad about your cousin. He sounds like a brave man.

This is prob my last post till Sunday or Monday. Have a good weekend, everyone.

Vickie, I'm thinking of you and Jim.

jojo23
05-06-2011, 01:59 AM
After walking around the fair, my feet feel as if I have a size 5 foot in a size 3 shoe. No Tejas no maypole, Just loud noisy generators and trucks the size of a bungalow. I'm going to have a go at your salad this evening, sounds delicious.

Maryann GET SOMEONE ELSE TO GO UP THAT LADDER FOR YOU

Vickie Good luck for the cardiology visits. Let us know how it went

Have a good one everyone. We are going to see my mum this morning... crash hats on everyone

beach bum
05-06-2011, 02:48 PM

Woke up late as I was so tired going on the shopping spree yesterday. Going to the movies at 3 to see Fast Five,than out to supper.

Going to try something new in my daily food journal. Its really an old WW trick of distributing the calories into 4 meals. So in my case to lose 1 lb only having 1413 calories daily dividing into 1413 in 4 will leave 353 per meal. Does that make sense?????

Have to get these pounds off as I can't breath probably when going up & down the stairs.My afraid that I'm going to whined up like Leo where my lungs will collapse if I don't that the fat off that that part of area.

VICKIE-I tried to used my picnic bench to climb but I was too short for reach it so I called the handy man.

SANDRA-I did call the handy man,as I didn't want to fall after I saw that I couldn't reach it.

RHONDA-The chicken salad look delish thanks for sharing it with us. Congrats on another 1 lb lost.

PAM-Sorry about your cousins cancer,its always hard for the person left behind,glad hes in good spirits . No I decided not to take further action on my climbing to reach the gutter.Hope the handy man will return my call soon.

JOJO-Don't worry I already called the handyman when it was impossible for me to reach it.

Have to go and read ready for the movies and a wonderful day and evening.

Vickie
05-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Hey Chicks. Jim saw the Internist today. He wasn't panicky but said Jim definitely needs to see the Cardiologist. The appointment is for May 16th. We just have to wait and see.

Tejas
05-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Thanks for letting us know, Vickie. I would assume that he would have sent Jim to the ER if the situation were urgent.

No Maypole! :(

nancy237
05-07-2011, 12:11 AM
Sorry I haven't posted lately.
My friends have been keeping me busy with
activities & travel but I am worn out and ready to just stay home more and get caught up on paperwork that has piled up and start the estate paperwork.
The house feels like it is falling in around me with rotten trim, leaking showers
into the kichen ceiling and such but once I made a list and divided it into months it seems less overwhelming. This summer I am going to focus on outdoor things & the leaking shower and then the indoor things in the fall & winter.
My trust in God got shaken by this. Not so much that Robin died but events in those last few days that I trusted God with ..like that mistakes would not be made & similar things. I had a hard time not worrying about those things but was finally able to trust that God was taking care of the details. I know he was but just not the way I was thinking.. I am working through all that..

jojo23
05-07-2011, 01:47 AM
You are not alone Nancy When I get up to heaven, and before they turn me away, I have some very strong words to say to God before I leave. I expect some answers from him or her and several apologies and explanations on why we had to suffer Maggy Hilda Thatcher and Tony Blair

What a shock we had yesterday. Friends of ours have just come back from a Nile cruise. They had a wonderful time so much so that they were booking up next week for another later on in the year. We haven't seen them since they returned, just talked over the phone. Thursday evening, the husband felt a bit tired and turned in early. When his wife went up to bed a little later, he had died in his sleep. He's not been ill, is a very active 67 year old who walks everywhere instead of taking the car. Yesterday was a dreadful day. It hasn't helped that it will be our first anniversary of our daughter's death on May 26th and this has raked it all up again. I know I sound selfish saying that, but I'd only say it to my friends on here

blessedwithsarah
05-07-2011, 09:10 AM
Nancy, I understand about not agreeing with how God answers our prayers. When we lost our son I was so angry at God for taking him. But over time I realized that when he was in CICU those weeks I never prayed that God would keep him with me, I prayed that Ben would be healed. Sadly the healing he got was the perfect healing but just not here on earth. Keep praying and leaning on God, he won't let you down. He just may take you down a trail you didn't even know existed let alone ever wanted to go down. Having faith is never easy, but you have to just keep leaning on Him. HUGS to you.....

Vickie
05-07-2011, 10:52 AM
Jim is definitely not an emergency situation but then all the Doctors do is guess anyway. We are going to have a quiet weekend. I'd be happier if he could go to the Cardiologist next week but they are busy folks. Next week he sees the Ortho for his degenerative disc disease. Sigh.

Tejas
05-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Nancy, Jojo, Paula, thank you for sharing your feelings about the loss of your loved ones. I've been there too, with the loss of my DH in 1986. Nancy, it took me a good three years to feel fully human again. I don't thing that is particularly unusual. Most of us manage to function and get things done, but feelings are something else entirely.

I've had a good week with eating "clean." I'm not getting on the scales for a while, but my clothes are fitting more loosely and I can wear pants that were too tight a few weeks ago.

beach bum
05-07-2011, 05:05 PM

Had a beautiful sunny day to walk along the beach was able to get 20 mins in before my lower back started to hurt.

Got some of my winter clothes out of the closet to make room for my Capri sets,and summer church clothes.

Didn't to to well at W-I this morning I went up to 170 again,being back back restaurant going this week. The movie Fast Five was really a top action movie. Went to the 3:15 show and than out to 99 to eat.

VICKIE-Sorry about your DH having to see the Cardiologist,but if its necessary it best to see him,even if is not an emergency situation. I know these doctor are very busy even on the Cape my friends have to wait weeks before seeing one. Have a wonderful Mother's Day a day set aside for relaxing.

NANCY-I agree with the ladies on this thread just keep on believing and have faith in God he will protect you and be with you always.Just trust in him,he'll get you thought everything.

Have to go,when to watch the rest of the golf game.

nancy237
05-07-2011, 11:21 PM
I tried to work on the yard & pool but today everything I tried was turning out terrible. I ended up crying and working at the same time determined to get something done. Then I had a good meltdown..

My daughter & son are going to help tomorrow..Lesson learned is to quit trying to do it all myself and accept help from those that offer.
One son is coming home tomorrow and one daughter lives here, so we will spend time tomorrow.

I am trying to go through just a few of Robin's clothes occasionally so there won't be this big dreaded day of "going through his clothes" Tonight I put about 10 of his shirts that he didn't like anyway into the Goodwill pile. That was easy enough. I threw out his socks & briefs the other night..
Even though I know he is gone it still feels so weird that he doesn't need his clothes..like I should save them for him...

I still spend a lot of time thinking about whether I want a small home or town home when I sell this place. I have a cat & dog and love having a hottub & fireplace so maybe a small house . One friend reminded me that
for what the dues are at a townhome I could pay someone to mow my grass if I were in a house.

jojo23
05-08-2011, 03:53 AM
There isn’t a time limit on grief Nancy, nor a formula for getting through it. I wish there was. Sometimes, I think those old Victorians knew what they were talking about. They went into unrelieved black and went through a mourning phase which had rigid rules. These days, we live in a slick quick world, often there is little time to think before folk are onto the next whatever. After the funeral, it seems that there is an attitude with non-family members of ‘Well, that’s over then, time to get on with life’

Take your time, cry whenever wherever. When people ask how you are, tell them the truth, putting a brave face on takes it out of you. We cleared out our daughter’s clothes and CD’s etc while we still felt numb. We didn’t want to create a shrine. That was the right thing to do for us, but it might not work for everyone. Remember too, that at the moment the memories have hard, sharp edges which cut deeper than any knife but time has a way of rubbing off these hard edges so that the memories become warm and comforting.

Forgot to say... lost another pound this week

blessedwithsarah
05-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Jojo, congrats on the loss!

Rhonda, glad the pants are fitting better. I'm not more focused on how my clothes fit and how I look rather than the number on the scale.

Just got back from church, the service really seems relavent to us here who have suffered some sort of loss. (It still amazes me how Gods message seems to hit me where I need it most). The message today was about living a life of faith. How you need to put God first in your life, pray to God, trust in Him at all times, but especailly when we are at our lowest. God never lets us down and God never forgets us. Its just sometimes we lose sight of his awesome power and His perfect timing. The sermon was based on the story of Elijiah and the first time in the bible there was a resurection. Elijiah was staying with a Widow in Sidon during the famon in Israel. Through faith in God and Elijiah's crying prayers to God,the widow's child was brought back to life. I can't recall the passage. Just wanted to share this with you all.

Happy Mother's day to all! Especially to you Jojo. Your daughter and my son are with us always and we will never stop being their moms.

Vickie
05-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Good Morning Chicks! Happy Mothers Day to you all!!!!

jojo23
05-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks Paula. Our Mother's Day was several weeks ago. It is always tied up to when easter is. The tradition started when boys and girls in 'service' were allowed a Sunday off to visit their mothers. On the way home they picked posies of wild flowers for their mothers and thats how the tradition started. I believe it has spread all over the world now and each country has a dofferent Sunday

Tejas
05-08-2011, 01:50 PM
I hope you're all having a great Mother's Day. :hug:

Nancy, I still have a few items of my late husband's clothes, the ones that were his favorites. I used to wear his sweater and down jacket in the winter just to keep me warm in those cold Toronto winters. That was how I handled that part. I had a colleagu whose husband died and she cleared out his closet before the first week had passed. It's different for each of us. There are no rules except to do what is best for you and don't worry about anything else.

Jojo mentioned a formal period of mourning. I think we would all be better off with that too. (Seems contradictory to what I said above, I know.) But, I've always thought that we should wear a black armband so that people might treat us more gently in response to the symbol of grief.

Vickie
05-09-2011, 08:45 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Happy weigh in day to me. Not sure what to expect as I was off program tracking for a whole week. I just tried to watch portions. I'm hoping for the best.

Light and love to you all.

pam920
05-09-2011, 11:17 AM
morning all. Hope everyone had a great Mother's day. Had to get my blood work done this morning for my visit with cardio dr. next Wed.

Started deep cleaning my kitchen cabinets. I really need to downsize. Hubby went to visit his parents for the week, so I stayed home to clean.

BBL

beach bum
05-09-2011, 01:27 PM

Hope you all had a wonderful Mothers Day yesterday.

It was quite for me so I pretended it was an ordinary Sunday I read the paper and watch the golf game. I did go out with my friend Catherine to Friendly for brunch and when we went inside a carnation was given out to all the woman customers along with a free ice cream cone coupon. When we were about 1/2 way though our waitress told us that a man with this family paid our bill. We told her to thank him and than when it was our turn to leave the waitress told us where he was sitting but, we had no idea who he was.

NANCY-I agree with the ladies each of us has her own way of getting rid of DH clothes and things. It took me several months and now I still have things like technical stuff my DH kept and I don't know how to use them. The church & dump don't want them so I have to get a junk man to get rid of it for a small fee.

JOJO-Congrats on your 1 lb loss and on Mother Day too.

PAULA-Thanks for the wonderful message you posted yesterday. I agree with you, with the Lord so many things in life even if they're impossible at the time will be accomplished with him on your side.

VICKIE-Hoping you had a great W-I this morning.

PAM-Hope everything went well at the blood test this morning.

Have to go have appointment with the podiatrist in a few minutes.

Have a great day

Tejas
05-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Started our new pages....