100 lb. Club - Accountability, Menus, Plans, Exercise, Stuff.......May 2011

mj5
05-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Here is a place where you can put down your daily plans and intentions, menu, exercises, have accountability and more!

Come on in, we are a friendly bunch! (Seriously, feel free to join in!)

mj5
05-01-2011, 07:05 PM
Zumba was awesome today! I was sweating up a storm by the end :)

lottie--I just made a May thread...totally forgot today was the first!

jab--Yea for a day in the sunshine!

noussa--Welcome!! Glad to have you!

Have a great evening everyone!

lottie63
05-02-2011, 01:53 AM
Had a good day, went grocery shopping, only forgot two things that I can pick up up the street.

Got the pepperjack daiya which I'm SO excited to try!

Came home and hung out with a friend and then did yoga for 30 mins, did c25k week four day 3 today as well.

Overall, good day. :)

mj5
05-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Good Morning! Despite all the stress last week, I am down 2lbs! I am super thrilled. I would have been happy to maintain this week, seriously!

Not much planned for today...I have the day off, just my appt later, if they can still see me...my period started this morning. UGH, a week early. Awesome. I may have to reschedule because of one of the tests, but whatever. I'll call as soon as the office opens.

Of course, my gym workout at some point today.

I might run over to the outlet mall, might not....we'll see.

Have a great day everone!

jab91864
05-02-2011, 08:26 AM
Mj5~ Congrats on the weight !! :carrot: Good luck with your appt today!!!

Lottie ~ you'll have to give a report on the pepperjack.

Back to work today, those 2-days off went by really fast..lol. I meant to weigh in this morning but got carried away and by the time I remembered I had already guzzled 2 mugs of tea

Hope everyone has a GREAT day op!!!!!!!!!

mikeysmommy
05-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Hi Guys,
I have had a heck of a time lately with stress. I have not told any of you but I'm losing my house/foreclosure in July. I am very sad about this but can't do anything about it. It makes me feel just so sick and I've been having lots of migraines. So, I've been overwhelmed with downsizing etc. We might move in with my parents and just put all of our stuff in storage until we figure out what we are going to do. My parents said we will always have a place with them so that gives me comfort. THEN this last week my youngest has had a bad cold with high fever; he starting to get better. AND to top that all off, my car check engine light came on last Wednesday and it's making a strange grinding noise so I think my transmission is going out. I have been walking my youngest to school back and forth (so 40 minutes walking a day) forced exercise. ;)
When I get back from walking my son to Kindergarten I'm going to have my car towed to the dealership to do diagnostic. They said it's $95 and then if I have the work done there they will apply that to the bill. If it's transmission, there goes thousands of dollars :( I need my car though. This last week has been very hard. I'm lucky I have very helpful family so my Mom did my grocery shopping for me on Friday, and she will be coming here this morning early to stay with my youngest so I don't have to take him out in the rain to get my other one to school.
I need to get back to posting though for accountability. I need to make the time for my health.

Trazey34
05-02-2011, 12:23 PM
I had a light day yesterday as I knew I was having a birthday lunch with a friend today and a piece of cake.

Br - cheerios & nana, coffee
Lu - going to a bit of a greasy spoon, plan on getting a plain burger/side salad
sn - back to the office for a piece of chocolate cake!
din - cold quinoa chicken mediterranean salad

Lizz
05-02-2011, 05:08 PM
I am joining in again. Must keep track of my exercise and also calorie intake. There is no way around it. *sigh*

So, new rules for me:

one :) for every day with excercise
one :) for every day below 1500 kcal

1 - N/A
2 - calories: no idea :(; exercise: gym day (pilates 65 mins) :)
3 - calories: 1500+ :(; exercise: gym day (dance 55 mins) :)
4 - calories: 1500+ but more healthy than yesterday, still :( ; exercise: gym day (zumba 60 mins) :)
5 - calories: 1500+ must do instead of trying lol :(; exercise: gym day (pilates 75 mins) :)
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
16 -
will go on when I get there. :D

Happy accountability to all! :carrot:

Sandi
05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
Hello All! Mind if I jump in here?

A couple of months ago I made a 1 year commitment to stay on plan (1800 calories or less) every day. So far I have managed 9 weeks, starting on my 10th. Things are going pretty well. However, baseball season just started and my 10 year old has games at all times. This makes meal planning more of a challenge. Not impossible, but I need to stay on my toes so that we don't eat fast food or have a concession stand dinner!

mj5
05-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Hi! Hope you all had a great day!

jab--I'm with you...weekends go way too fast!

mikeysmommy--Wow. That's a lot for anyone. I am sorry about the migraines too, they are horrible without all the other stuff. You will get through this, one way or another. You are right, you need to make the time for your health.

Trazey--good for you for planning ahead! Mmm, chocolate cake!

Lizz--Welcome back!

Sandi--Welcome! What a great commitment! Yea, planning will be key. Those sports schedules can be tough!!

So my appointment was super fun......the test was incredibly painful because they found a fibroid (or something else...they won't know until the biopsy comes back). Bottom line, I do have to have surgery, but it will be the laparoscopic surgery. So, it is scheduled for June 16th.

mikeysmommy
05-02-2011, 11:15 PM
mj5- I'm sorry that your biopsy was so painful. :hug:
Sandi - Good job on staying focused on your 1800 calories or less a day for the last 9 weeks! I can imagine that is going to be a tough one being around the concession stands. Can you bring a small cooler with some healthier options?
Lizz - I like the smiley face chart. Good visual!
So, got my car back and it was only $311.00 to fix it! :carrot: So much better than my original thoughts of "my transmission is failing, there goes $3000). They cleared the check engine light code, did oil change, air filter, transmission fluid change, and replaced belt. No more strange noises when driving, since the belt was replaced. So glad that was not transmission noise! Phew.....I'm glad to have my car back. Having two small children and no "voom voom" as my youngest calls it, for 6 days was really hard.

lottie63
05-03-2011, 12:04 AM
the pepperjack was great! Nice and spicy. :)

As with all daiya, you want to melt it, not eat it cold/raw. icksome.

Today I went for a walk with my bf, we walked for 40 mins at about 17 mins a mile or so. He couldn't keep up wiht ME! The guy who always complained about how slow I walked!

mwahahahahha!

I told him not to forget it! ;)

I'm gonna do some yoga before bed, and maybe hop on the bike. I"m flaring from the walk I think, but the other stuff might help to stretch me out.

I was described by a friend as 'active' today.

Who would've thunk it.

:P

noussa
05-03-2011, 02:17 AM
Hi Everyone! I am so happy to be learning so much about each and every one of you! Looking forward to getting to know you all! :)
I have something to share! :) Yesterday I went to the gym and it was PACKED! so instead of just going home, I went out and walked for an hour! Felt good! Also, for the first time in a long time, I was very careful with whatever I put in my mouth and actually ignored being peckish at night!
These positive steps are giving me the confidence I need to stay motivated!
Hope this motivation lasts! and it's nice to know this group is so supportive!
Hope we all have a great day! :)

lottie63
05-03-2011, 02:39 AM
noussa, sounds like you had a great day!

mj5: hope everying is okay, will keep you in my thoughts.

mikeysmommy: I get migraines too sometimes. They are killer. Sometimes it feels like taking a power drill to my skull might be preferable.

Lizz/Sandi: Welcome! :D

I didn't do the bike, but I did walk today and do 30 mins of weight loss yoga with the biggest lose dvd. wow, I love that stuff. :D My legs stopped flaring.

woooo!

mj5
05-03-2011, 06:22 AM
Good Morning! Back to work today after my mini vacation....now the countdown is on for our trip to Boston at the end of the month! I can't wait!!! All the big stuff is booked...dogs at the kennel, hotel room, and Fenway tickets. The rest we'll just figure out as we go. Except for food...I am going to do my best to plan, so I don't fall back into old, bad habits. I know we will pack snacks/water to have in the car.

mikeysmommy--What a great surprise about the car!!! Congrats!

lottie--You go, girl!!! So glad the workouts are helping w/ your soreness. I know, right?! I actually asked my dr how long I would have to take a break from working out after my procedure. He was thrilled that I even asked! The best news is, I probably will only have to lay low for a couple of days. :)

noussa--That is AWESOME!!!! Keep building on it and you will find your motivation grows and grows....great job!!

Hi to everyone else!!!

Have a fantastic day!

jab91864
05-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Mikeysmommy~ I hate car problems, so glad to hear you were able to get the car back for much less than you feared. Very sorry about your home. The economy has certainly taken it's toll. :( :hug:

mj~ sorry the dr. appt showed more problems, that sux ! I had no idea you had a vacation planned , that is GREAT news. Having something to look forward to is such a boost!

noussa~ I find being peckish at night to be the hardest. I do great all day but something about late evening is my undoing. I try to read or get online to keep my hands busy at the far end of the house,away from the kitchen...lol.

Sandi~ Welcome, and Great job staying on plan!!!

Liz ~ I find I do better if I am accountable.

Gas is now $4.29 a gallon here for the cheap stuff. I miss my motorcycle so much but even more at the gas station!!!!! I am debating walking to work today (only 3-miles) it's only 37* and I so hate the cold.

I hope everyone has a GREAT day !!!

Beverlyjoy
05-03-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi friends... I haven't run away. I've been reading. But not in a good place to post. I won't run away. I keep trying.

I will try to post every day, regardless.

I always post in the gratitude thread. It's my anchor.

Hugs to you all.

mj5
05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
jab--Yikes...gas is going up here, but it isn't that high yet. Thank you. YES, we keep saying "oh we should go back to Boston" and yea...never have, so I finally said let's just book it already! I can't wait!

Beverlyjoy--Hang in there. You will get there. Hugs back to you!!!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Today is my "off" day from working out....still not sure what to do with myself right after work, LOL! Tonight I do have some errands, them home to chill w/ the dogs until hubby gets home. I can't wait to go back to the gym tomorrow and make up for a crappy workout yesterday. Actually, I can't say it was crappy...I just couldn't give it my all and that was frustrating. Tomorrow will be better.

jab91864
05-04-2011, 08:03 AM
Beverlyjoy~ :hug: :hug: good to read you again!!! :)

mj5~ isn't that the way it always is, someday. Seems like we get so caught up in the hustle and bustle we don't get to actually do many of the things we long to.

Well I walked to work yesterday morning. Learned a few things along the way.
#1 I need a good pair of walking shoes and change into my work shoes once I arrive. All my "athletic" shoes are skater shoes, reason being is my one daughter has a shoe fetish and whenever I have popped for her expensive shoes I try to hit a sale hence the last time it was buy one get one half off already on sale. But they are flat bottom no support.

#2 The pretty walking path up town sux. It looks nice, it's brick but I'm here to tell ya it's worse than walking on the side of the blacktop with gravel splashed over it . The cobblestone effect wasn't fun to walk on.

#3 Use the inhaler before starting... it's not like I didn't know that already. I mean I had a bad asthma attack the night before.

#4 wear thicker socks even with the new shoes I am getting... I have an open blister on my right foot now.

#5 download different music on to my kindle (which was in my little backpack satchel) to listen to while I walk. The stuff on there now is meditation, yoga, relaxation and I think something with a upbeat might have been more inspiring for walking...lol.

All in all it wasn't bad. Took me slightly over an hour to walk the 3-miles. I started at a pretty good clip but the last hill going into town really sucked it out of me.

Then when I got to the first cross walk in town I hear OH MY GAWD JULIE ARE YOU WALKING TO WORK being called out a car window... the woman looked at me like I was nuts. The same woman who tries to get me to go to weight watcher meetings and line dancing with her ...lol.

I looked pretty bad when I got to work, I don't do well in the cold and I hive out so my face and neck were beet red and horribly blotchy. My shoulders / arms were spasming from the backpack...I expected that. I downsized my purse to my little sack but knew it would be a trial for me because of my nerve damage.

Today my foot hurts obviously from the blister. The small of my back hurts, not sure why, although I know the last mile my hips were hurting some so maybe that is connected.

Work was behind when I got there and we were running full boar all day with little time to breathe so it was the wrong day to try my first walk in...lol. Thankfully my friend picked me up on his motorcycle and I didnt have to walk home in the cold. I would have been hard pressed to make it being tired and cold.

This morning it is a whopping 36* so I won't be walking to work. I am going to try to walk this evening after work with one of the dogs... pad my blister and make due.

I ordered some Reebok On The Clock Women's Walking shoes that had a very good rating online and were on sale too. Normally I won't order shoes online but being rural I never seem to get a larger town or the city to shop.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day !!!!

mj5
05-04-2011, 10:02 AM
Good Morning!

jab--You ROCK!!! Way to go on walking to work!!!! I'm really glad you ordered yourself some good shoes for walking. They can make all the difference (but you already know that). Definitely get yourself some upbeat music. My workout playlist on my ipod would probably be obnoxious to most people, but it is great to keep me moving.

Today is a gym day for me and I am SO ready for it. I emailed my trainer to see if I should do anything extra since my workout Monday was so blah. He told me to just let it go and give it my all tonight. So that's the plan. :)

I need to make sure I drink more water today...didn't drink as much yesterday.

Have a great day everyone!

lottie63
05-04-2011, 10:13 AM
miserable this morning.

:( Grrrr!

Beverlyjoy
05-04-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi... today was better. I am grateful. I wrote down all I ate and kept track of my exchanges. It's a start.

Thanks so much for your support.

mikeysmommy
05-05-2011, 01:35 AM
Quick check in. I ate lots of fruit today and tons of ice water. I did have some grilled chicken too and cucumber/vinegar salad and two diet sodas. I took my Mom to have her biopsy done on her thyroid today (two nodules). Didn't feel much like eating today as my fibromyalgia has me in full flare (having a hard time walking and just feel like I was hit with a bat repeatedly). I've over done it the last couple of days and I'm paying for it.
I'm hoping I get some sleep tonight, that helps some.

mj5
05-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Good morning! Phew...a little excitement aorund here this am!! I live in a really small town and imagine my surprise when I took the dogs out bright and early when there was a local police car AND a state trooper car parked near our house this am?!!! Of course the dogs were SUPER curious....one of the officers came over, I was looking extra hot in my duck pj's :), He said that our next door neighbor called because someone had been looking in her windows with a flashlight. CREEPY!!!! Just wanted to know if I had seen anything or if I had a flashlight (no to both). He played with the dogs a bit (which they LOVED) and assured me that they would search carefully. We always lock everything (well, my husband doesn't lock his car....I bet he will now!)

lottie--miserable mornings are no fun! Hope the day got better.

Beverlyjoy--YEA for a better day!!!

mikeysmommy--Hope your feeling better today. Hope your mom's biopsy comes back ok.

I had an awesome workout last night. It felt great! At one point I was looking in the mirror and was like...wow, that is really me!!!! (I was wearing workout clothes that actually fit...so it I coul actually see some of the changes in my body).

Tonight is zumba and I can't wait! I'm still trying to figure out how to work in a zumba class earlier in the week...I miss it.

On Sunday I am taking my 13 y/o niece shopping (very long overdue bday shopping trip...she is one busy kid!). She texted me to see if we could go on Sunday (I LOVE that we are so close!!!). Of course, I said yes...THEN I realized that Sunday is Mother's Day!! OOPS! So I had her double check w/ her mom!!!! Actually, my nephew has plans with a friend in the afternoon, so my sister in law is very much looking forward to an afternoon to herself...something she rarely gets, especially with two kids in lots of activities and my brother deployed. She is very excited about her "me" afternoon! LOL!!! I'm happy that I can do that for her and can't wait to go shopping with my niece!

Have a great OP day everyone!!!!

lottie63
05-05-2011, 11:48 AM
think I might be pmsing when I shouldn't. this stupid seasonique isn't working out.

i've been moody, and last night i got bloated. within' 6 hours I gained EIGHT pounds and all I ate was a salad in that time.

I looked pregnant! My stomach was sooooo distended! and I was feeling full after I ate later, up to my lungs. constipation, but that is better now. but still puffy. ate a ton of celery (that's supposed to help) drank green tea, took water pills, lost 3 lbs overnight, took more water pills when I woke up, still puffy. not as bad.

I am the worst with bloating. hate. also had bad cravings and was not on plan cuz of it. augh.

Trazey34
05-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I was up a little a few days in a row so I'm back writing it all down...

br: cheerios/milk/banana coffee
sn: cottage cheese
lu: ham & swiss cheese sammich, grapes, salad, diet soda
sn: few almonds
Din: Chicken pasta thingie (cool article in a magazine, about those horrible frozen dinner things people eat for lunch. Recipe to make your own and freeze, using low fat campbell's soup, turns out pretty good too, can add tons more veg and REAL chicken) much bigger serving for less calories.
snack: some instant pudding made with 1% milk, yummmo. Put in the freeze on a stick and bob's yer uncle

mj5
05-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Good Morning! SOOOOOOOOOO very glad it is Friday!

lottie--I hope you are feeling better.

Trazey--Good for you for writing everything down.

I am SO super excited! Last night I tried on a pair of jeans that have been too small. Well......(insert drum roll) they fit! They are a size 16!!! I can't believe it! I bought them on clearance the last time I lost weight and I never wore them. I was sure I would get down to that size, but never did. I am SO glad I held on to them. I guess its time for another clean out/try stuff on in my closet this weekend! I have a feeling I'll be working extra hard at the gym today ;)

lottie63
05-06-2011, 08:37 AM
this week has been craptastic food wise. I'm doing okay it's just...I've been really busy and eating one or two big meals or I've stayedup WAY too late and had to eat a whole extra meal. :(

I'm going to wv for the weekend for my sisters college graduation so I won't be posting for a few days.

see you girlies when I get back!

DixC Chix
05-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Hello Ladies!!

I've been absent for a little bit as I working my butt off in the garden. I have about 40 hours into it. All the flowers and herbs are going good. Had a surprise couple nights of a hard freeze so I had to get the quilts out. All the beds are ready in the 1200 sf veg garden. I will get everything going next weekend when I am positive the threat of frost is over.

This was great physical activity for me and its been years since I could do this much without getting exhausted after an hour. I've got the muscles to handle it but it has taken its toll (RMI) on my joints - knuckles, wrists, elbows, neck and shoulders.

I also had a supercharged appetite and I went with it. :o So, I haven 't lost anything but then again I haven't gained. In fact I went shopping today and bought tops in 1X which I haven't been since ???

So with the lion's share of the work done, I will focus my attention back on portion control and regular gym workouts.

Lottie - have a safe and enjoyable trip

Mj5 - WTG on the new jeans and the extra hard gym work

Beverlyjoy - Hi and good to hear from you

Mikeys - hope you are feeling better soon and how's that car coming along?

Trazey - frozen dinner thingy sounds interesting; can you give more details?

jab - you are awesome to be walking to work

Sandi - Hi and check in when you can

noussa - that was a wonderful demonstration of a 'mind shift' to walk instead of going home - WTG

mj5
05-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Good Morning! Zumba was amazing yesterday! The instructor gave me lots of compliments, which made it even better!!!

lottie--congrats to your sis! Hope you had a great weekend!

DixC Chix--Now that's a lot of gardening! Congrats on the shirts!!!!

Today I am going to zumba. Both instructors are teaching and they have something 'special' planned....I have NO idea what that means....sounds interesting, though, LOL!!!!

This afternoon I am taking one of my niece's shopping for her bday (belated bday). We are both super excited. She's 13 and we have SO much fun together. AND now that I am out of plus sizes....we can actually shop together...well, not that I am wearing "teen" clothes by any means...but not having to shop in plus size stores is SO much fun!!! We both LOVE bare minerals, so of course we'll be visiting that store too--she is allowed to wear very light eye shadow and lip gloss and I am a makeup junkie, so that's always a fun store to go in to.

Have a great day everyone!!!

jab91864
05-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Happy Mother's Day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

mj5
05-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Happy's Mother Day!!! Hope everyone enjoyed their day! I know I did! I started w/ an amazing zumba class. Both instructors were there and they kicked our booty's!! It was fantastic! They also gave everyone in the class a rose. It was really nice.

Then I picked up my niece. Before we left, she and my nephew gave me the sweetest card and a gift certificate for a mani/pedi (they saved their allowances...GREAT kids!) We had a fantastic time shopping. I found a couple really cute shirts at the Gap. Me...shopping at the Gap. Unbelievable. My sister in law loved her quiet afternoon to herself.

Have a great evening!

noussa
05-09-2011, 02:18 AM
mj5! Congratulations on shopping at the GAP! Can't wait till I get to shop there too one day! :) I'll bet those shirts are worth way more than you paid for them! Kudos! :)

jab91864
05-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Well the conclusion is I can walk to work on Mon & Tues because I can get a ride home those days. While it is disappointing to me atleast it is more than I was doing. I just don't have any energy left after spending all day on my feet at work to then walk the 3 miles home. :mad:

My shoes came, I did not like them. :( :( :( They felt good on the soles of my feet but not in the heel and toe area. So I may have to drive to the nearest outlet mall to shoe shop but that will have to wait until I have the time since it will waste an entire afternoon to get there and back I'm looking at a couple weeks most likely.

The shoes weren't a total waste, my one daughter wears my size and she liked them for work shoes (she is a waitress) and has been complaing about her feet. Although at first (she has a shoe fetish) she said mom, those are old ppl shoes.... Reebok. :?: :p

So today I am goind to wear my old faithful worn out pair of tennies with the skulls all over them and see how I feel once I get to work and change into my work shoes.

Not looking forward to the walk, it's only 33*. :(

The scale only dropped a pound this week, which it is slow but atleast it's moving down. :carrot:

Gotta fly work is going to kick my butt today!!!

I hope everyone has an awesome day OP !!!!! :D

DixC Chix
05-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Good Morning!!!

mj5 - Your niece and nephew are so great! And so are the Zumba instructors with the roses. What a great idea. How cool for you to shop at the Gap! WTG!

jab - Yay for another pound!!! Have you thought about getting shoe inserts to help with the support? You might be able to stretch the old tennies (skull-covered tennies? - hahaha!!) long enough to get you through to shopping at the outlet.

Back on the straight and narrow today.
b1: coffee/cream, chocolate greek yogurt
b2:1 hb egg, pumpkin
l: tortilla with spinach/turkey/lc cheese/bell pepper, carrots, pear
d: lean burger/bun, cheese, tomato, lettuce, peas and carrots, rasp/yogurt/walnuts

Hatha yoga and aquaerobics are this morning's planned activities and possibly salsa this afternoon unless BIL drops by too late in the afternoon. I am picking up HRT Rx this morning and taking it to compounding pharm. Then off to nursery for tomato and bell pepper plants. And just a few more flowers/seeds to add to patio flower pots (petunias, pansies). I can't seem to stop!!

Have a wonderful day everybody!

lottie63
05-09-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm home!

yay! :)

Going grocery shopping today. woooo!

mj5
05-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Good Morning! It is gorgeous here today! Sunny, upper 60's. Fabulous. I lost 3lbs. I'm in shock over that...but I worked really hard and kept a close eye on my food. So I am very happy. I am wearing one of my new shirts today and have gotten lots of compliments already. :)

noussa--Thanks! You WILL shop there, I know it! Still trying to wrap my head around it, but yea...it felt great!

jab--CONGRATS on the loss!!! Great job! Two days walking is better than none. That stinks about the shoes. Buying shoes online (especially ones you haven't worn before) is tough. Yep, go to the outlet mall. Ooh, DixC Chix has a great idea w/ the supports...I have to wear them in my sneakers. might be worth a try.

DixC Chix--Thanks. I am very lucky!!! Sounds like a fun day!!! I wish I had your ambition to do outside work...I despise it.

lottie--Welcome back!

Hi to everyone else who stops in!

Gym workout tonight. Then both dogs have to go to the vet. Yikes...that is going to be expensive!!! Just the "spring" checkup..kennel cough, heartworm...the works for them. Thank goodness hubby is going too.

Have a great OP day everyone!!!

jab91864
05-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Morning all, it's warmer today but overcast for rain. My garden needs the rain and since I work all day I won't be missing anything...lol.

mj~ GREAT job on the 3lbs!!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

DixC Chix~ gardening and all the wonderful color and plants is so very addictive!!! Plan to move my tomatoes and some other things to the cold frame some time this week.

Put some eggs under a broody hen last night, she is sooooo happy now. Hatching chicks is just as addictive as gardening but where I am living now I am restricted to a small flock so I will have to re-home extras.

Hope everyone has a great day today!!!! :D

time2lose
05-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I hope that you all don't mind me jumping in. I have posted several times about struggling for the past few months, so no more complaining about that. I have decided that I have to approach this the way that I did when I first started. I took one day at a time, concentrated on that one day, prayed for the strength I needed to face that one day and then refused to look ahead. I can do anything for just one day.

For a few days, at least, I want to post my plan for the day. This thread looks like the perfect place so I hope that no one minds.

So here is my plan for today.

Food -
My standard breakfast - 3 helpings of Eggbeaters and 1 slice of whole wheat toast

Lunch - Chicken Fettuccini (Lean Cuisine) I don't normally use frozen meals but I have not done my grocery shopping and did not prepare my lunch last night, so this is it for today.

Dinner - I am eating at Applebees with a friend tonight, so I will order their Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Shrimp.

Snacks during the day - 2 helpings of baby carrots, 1 cup of fresh pineapple, 4 clementines

This is a total of 1207 calories. Tonight I can have a 200 calorie snack if I am really hungry.

Fluids - During the day I will have 2 cups of coffee, at least 16 ounces of water and 1 24 oz bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. I will drink water with my dinner.

Exercise - Going out tonight gets in the way of exercise but I will work in 3 ten minute walking sessions during the day today.

On the way home tonight, I will stop at the grocery store to get more Eggbeaters, fruit, and fresh vegetables so that I can prepare for tomorrow.

That is it. Now, I just have to follow my plan for today. ;)

lottie63
05-10-2011, 11:43 AM
I FINALLY lost a lb! It's been two weeks with no lbs lost (two inches lost though, so not too shabby)

woooo!

time2lose
05-10-2011, 12:30 PM
That's great, Lottie!

mj5
05-10-2011, 12:33 PM
Good Morning! Hope you are all doing well. My gym workout was awesome last night. I upped some of my weights and I am feeling it today, but in a good way. ;)

jab--thanks. Hope you have a great day too!

cheryl--welcome!!! Sounds like a great plan! You can do it!

lottie--Awesome losses!!!!

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing?

Hi to everyone else who stops by.

Tonight is a no-workout night. I have a hair appt after work. Can't wait for that! Color and cut! Not sure what the plan is, but I'll let my stylist work his magic. I am having hubby do 1 month progress pics again this weekend (can't believe it has been another month!), so this is perfect timing.

I need to make sure I drink water today. For some reason I have been slacking on that. Not sure why....

Have a great day!

Beverlyjoy
05-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi folks… yesterday, finally, I had a healthy food day. I am so, so grateful. I stayed within my plan and drank lots of water.

I am getting new foot/ankle brace on May 24 instead of today - the brace lady called off for some reason. They said they would send it to me in the mail, but recommended I wait and talk to person who fitted me. I am grateful that it doesn't upset me. (it's the way everything goes with this ankle/foot senerio -LOL)

Once again, I want to thank you all for being so supportive during any and all crises. I know that many of you posted here to give me your thoughts and support. I haven’t been in a good place to respond to each comment to me. But, please know how grateful I am for your thoughts.

I ordered Dr. Beck’s third book. I think some fresh thoughts might be helpful. I know her techniques work for me when I am willing and able to use them.

Have a great, healthful day.

mj5
05-10-2011, 03:45 PM
Beverlyjoy--YEA for a healthy day! Geez Louise about the brace! LOL!!! Well, the 24th is right around the corner and will be here before you know it. I have a foot brace that I sleep with (it's quite glamorous, I must say....especially with all of the dog hair stuck to it, LOL!!!), BUT it is helping my foot so much!!! There have been a few nights when I throw it on while I am lounging watching tv. I may call for an appt shortly before we go to Boston (that's what my podiatrist suggested) so he can inject it, just to be on the safe side...I would hate to be on vacation and be in pain! I've had enough of those trips (knee pain before...but pain is pain!!!) Don't feel like you have to respond if you aren't up to it....I just like to let you know I'm thinking about you :)

This afternoon is draaaagggggiiiiiing......can't wait for my hair appt!

DixC Chix
05-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Where does the day go??

Another good day food wise. Two in a row. I measured everything!
B1: coffee/cream, greek yogurt
B2: 1 hb egg, pumpkin
L: spinach/romaine/tomato/pepper salad with chicken & SF bacon salad dressing, 3 clementines
D: lean beef steak, brown rice, peas & carrots, cottage cheese, mango sorbet
W: plenty
E: 3 hours in the yard raking, shoveling, weeding

lottie - welcome back! Congrats on the loss in lbs and inches!!! Yay!
mj5 - Geez Louise 3 lbs!!! It has to be all the hard work you are doing. Its always a boost to get a cut and color. Enjoy your night off!
jab - Yay for rain! seriously! We've had .14 inch so far this year! :( Um, I'm assuming broody means moody for that hen but why would eggs help?
time2lose - Welcome and howdy! Plan looks good and 3@10 min walks is a great energy stimulate thru-out the day!
Beverlyjoy - Good work on a good day!! I would love to hear any new nuggets of wisdom from Dr. Beck. Please share when you read the book.

lottie63
05-10-2011, 08:52 PM
dixc, I have no idea where it goes, but it goes away...and quickly!

I have felt very motivated the last few days since coming home. I think it's cuz I got a lot of positive reinforcement down home, my mom hadn't seen me since my high weight so she was uber impressed.

I had my last pt appt today. I want to save my last few sessions for winter in case I need it, it's a hard time of year pain wise.

I came home and made a taco salad for lunch, I"m currently making 6 mini gluten free pizza crusts to freeze so that I can have little personal pizzas in the freezer for something quick and easy when I get home from a long day.

They are coming out great! Two more to throw in the oven in a few mins.

I also did the biggest loser cardio max again, and it didn't kill me NEARLY as much this time!

I am drinking my water and my green tea and am going to have carrot juice once I clean up the pizza mess. I'm having a great day! :D

mj5
05-11-2011, 07:20 AM
Good Morning! My hair came out great! It is a "cherry cola" color. LOVE it! Sorry the pic is SO giant....I don't remember how to make it smaller! LOL!!!!

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/5-10-11cropped.jpg

mj5
05-11-2011, 07:21 AM
DixC Chix--Oh my goodness..I know...the day just flew yesterday! Great job measuring everything!! Your menu looks delish! Thanks...I worked really hard last week. Here's to another good week! Wish I could send you some of our rain....we seriously had 19 days stratigh. Raniest spring ever. Our sump pump didn't stop for days! We finally have a couple of days of sunshine, but the rain is coming back by the weekend....

lottie--That's awesome getting some meals in the freezer. Great job on the workout too! Gotta love ++ reinforcement too! :) Keep up the great work!

Today is gym workout day and I can't wait! Have a great day everyone!!!

jab91864
05-11-2011, 08:28 AM
mj5~ you look AWESOME!!!!

lottie~ Great job on the inches and the weight!! :carrot:

DixC Chix~ lol, broody means she wants to hatch eggs, they sit on their nest and refuse to budge for days on end, sometimes weeks. They snap and snarl when you come near them even if all they are protecting is air under their fuzzy butts....so moody counts too. This hen loves to have babies :dizzy:

Beverlyjoy~ Great to see you on the board and glad to hear you had a good day!!!

time2lose ~ I've had so many start overs myself :D Best of luck!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day , I'm off to work

dgramie
05-11-2011, 10:05 AM
IM back...I have been reallly struggling lately. So here I am ...
I will be OP today. Got to go back to my small plate. I have to plan my meals.
we have been flooded in and the walls shut around our town. I ate and ate...no plan means eating bad for me!

time2lose
05-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Beverlyjoy - Sorry to hear about the delay of your brace. Congrats on not getting upset about it.

DixC Chix - Congrats on the good food days. Three hours of yard work! Yipes!
lottie63 - So glad that your mom was impressed and gave you good feedback. That can make such a difference. You are doing great!

mj5 - Love your hair!You are looking great!
dgramie - Sorry to hear about the flood. In order to succeed, I am have to plan too.

I stuck to my plan yesterday, so here is the plan for today.
Food -
My standard breakfast - 3 helpings of Eggbeaters and 1 slice of whole wheat toast

Lunch - Chicken Fettuccini (Lean Cuisine)

Dinner - sauteed chicken breast, broccoli, hashbrowns made from left over baked potato

Snacks during the day - 2 helpings of baby carrots, 1 Gala apple, 4 clementines

This is a total of 1107 calories. Tonight I can have a 200 or 300 calorie snack if I am really hungry.

Fluids - During the day I will have 2 cups of coffee, at least 16 ounces of water and 1 24 oz bottle of Diet Dr. Pepper. I will drink water with my dinner.

Exercise - 2 or 3 10 minute walks during the day and a 30 minutes walk after work

Beverlyjoy
05-11-2011, 03:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks... healthy Tuesday and on plan until right before bed. I'll try again. I wrote down all my food. Credit.

The scale is going up. I must stop this...I just must. I can't change one thing I've done before today. No use being hard on myself. I will move forward... and I will carry on.

I've decided when I have three healthy days in a row I am going to buy a new dress. But, if I overeat one day... then I have to start again. Sounds good to me.

Pretty outside... yay

cheryl - so glad to see you at this thread. Good move!

mj - you look mawwwvelouus!

dgrammie - glad to see you. I've been struggling too. We can do this. We've done it before and we can do it again.

jab - Hi!!

lottie - so glad your family noticed your weight loss and it is inspiring you to keep going.

Have a great day.

dgramie
05-11-2011, 03:24 PM
so far so good today. IM counting each bite and its all recorded.
Bev- your so right we can do this!!
Im also glad you said you cant beat yourself up over the past. I am back to just a 67lbs loss and I was at a 90lb loss. ITs time to STOP it now!!!

mj5
05-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Hi everyone! My friend and I went on a quick shopping trip during lunch (we have decided that instead of our horrible lunches out once a week, we will eat our lunch at our desks once a week and go out and do something for an hour. Today is was shopping.) I found a pair of jeans that fit (yea!) and a couple of cute tops. One of them is a tank top (YIKES!!!!!!) I haven't worn a tank top in well......since I was as kid. Not outside the house anyway. Friday night there is a "zumba" girls night out. I am planning on wearing the new jeans and tank top, if I am brave enough...although I did get a lightweight jacket-type thing I can throw on, too :)

jab--thanks!

dgramie--Welcome back! Hope the flooding eases up for you!

Cheryl--Thanks! Congrats on sticking to your plan yesterday!

Beverlyjoy--Thanks! You've got it...acknowledge and move on from it. You know how I love rewards!!!! I bet you'll have that new dress in no time!

dgramie
05-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Yesterday went as planned. Today I will make it another OP day.
I am also trying to convince hubby that we need a no eat out weekend. I always seem to blow it on the weekends and then struggle to get back on track on monday.
I am up almost 30lbs from my lowest point. My clothes are tight and I am miserable. I keep trying to tell myself that it will come off fast.

Beverlyjoy
05-12-2011, 09:20 AM
Hi friends... I made it through yesterday on plan. I am so grateful. I planned/measured/logged my food. I drank alot of water. I also tried to concentrate on eating slower and really tasting the food.

I am one day towards my new dress.

Today my 'living with food' goals are:
eat seated only
fork down between bites
no seconds
plan/measure/log food
meditation

plan:
breakfast - egg whites with ketchup, pnb toast
snack - frozen 1/2 banana, sliced
lunch - ratatoulle with cheese, crackers
snack - smoothie -
dinner - 12 grain pancake, soy bacon, sf syrup, veggie
snack - sf cocoa, cheese toast

dgrammie - hooray... kudo's for your OP day. I'll tell you what I am trying to convince myself... we can't change the past or even predict the future... but, we CAN concentrate on today.

mj - great idea- your excursions, etc at lunch time. My friend started bringing her lunch to work and saved a couple hundred dollars a month.

Have a great day everyone. Treat yourself as well as you'd treat a good friend.

mj5
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Good Morning! Well, it finally happened. I had my first gym injury last night, LOL! Someone rigged up a lat pull down bar on a chain and left it there.....I didn't see it and walked right into it. I am now sporting a super cool black eye. Awesome. It hurts and looks pretty bad, but I'll live. Thank goodness for good make up! I covered it the best I could...but its still pretty swollen.

dgramie--Yea for a day as planned! I'm with you on no eating out on weekends! I gave that up a while ago and it has helped a lot.

Beverlyjoy--Awesome!!!! We bring our lunch and eat together every day, but *used* to go out for lunch on Fridays (we called it "Fryday"...yea....terrible choices were made on fryday!) When she came back from maternity leave, I told her that I hadn't been doing that since she was out and didn't want to go back to it. We decided that if it is nice, we will take out lunch to the lake or a park and eat and if the weather doesn't cooperate we will eat at our desks and just go out and do something fun for a break.

Today is zumba and I can't wait! Hopefully I can get through that workout without hurting myself! LOL!!

DixC Chix
05-12-2011, 12:53 PM
lottie - glad to hear you had a motivating visit with family; yum - pizza!

mj5 - you look fantastic! Love the hair. Shopping, finding jeans that fit and a girls night out in ONE week? Priceless! Ooo, jeez - a black eye? Take care of yourself and "ice, ice baby"!

jab - hehehe...fuzzy butts!! :D

dgramie - Hi and welcome back! That is so important to getting a handle on the gain. So sorry to hear you are in the flood zone. Please be careful and take care of yourself. A no eat out weekend is a great idea!

time2lose/dgraime - You've got a good string of OP days so lets keep it going!!

Beverlyjoy - weather can really help with feeling positive; a dress for success - that sounds right!!! Menu sounds tasty!

Yesterday: (another OP day)
b1: coffee/cream, honey greek yogurt
l: tortilla with spinach/turkey/lc cheese/bell pepper, 3 clemetines
d: lean pork chop, green beans & carrots, pear, brown rice, cottage cheese
s: skinny cow
E: water aerobics
W: plenty, also iced green tea

Today
b1: coffee/cream, vanilla greek yogurt
l: tortilla with spinach/turkey/lc cheese/bell pepper, 3 clemetines
d: loaded lean cheeseburger on WW sandwich round, peas & carrots, raspberries with vanilla yogurt and walnuts
E: 2 mile walk to church for homeless ministry meeting
w: always

time2lose
05-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Beverlyjoy - :hug: I understand exactly what you are saying. The scale going up is so scary. I have been going through that this year. You should give yourself credit for getting on the scale. I have a tendency to avoid the scale when I know that I am not eating as I should. Getting back on the scale helps me get back under control.
I like your idea of a reward for sticking to plan. Only two more days and you will have that dress!

dgramie - way to go with counting and recording! Hang in there.

mj5 - The shopping sounds like fun. Put that tank top on! Oh, the eye sounds painful. It sounds like it is your badge of honor. :)

DixC Chix - Sounds like you are doing great. Your menu is giving me some ideas for next week.

I stuck to my plan yesterday, so here is the plan for today.
Food -

Lunch - Chicken breast, carrots, 1 cup Steamfresh Specially Seasoned Asian Medley

Dinner - chicken, broccoli, cabbage

Snacks during the day - 2 helpings of baby carrots, strawberries, 4 clementines
Night time snack - popcorn

This is a total of 942 calories. I will add in about 200 calories some place. I like have a little flexibility.

Exercise - 3 sets of 10 minute walks during the day

mj5
05-12-2011, 01:29 PM
DixC Chix--YEA for another OP day! Thanks! I should get a pic outside in natural light of my hair...the color is amazing! I even texted my stylist to tell him how awesome it looked. Yep, that is a lot, especially for me! LOL!!! AND there's more....Saturday I have zumba, meeting a friend for coffee, massage, mani/pedi. Phew! Amazing how many things you feel like doing when you feel great and have energy! Sunday is just zumba and relaxing! OOh, thanks for the reminder....I need to make some iced tea when I get home tonight.

Cheryl--We must have been posting at the same time. Great job yesterday! Lookin good for today too!

dgramie
05-13-2011, 08:08 AM
just a quick stop by to say I was OP yesterday and will be again today!

mj5
05-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Good Morning!

dgramie--Congrats on another OP day!

My eye feels SO much better today. It looks worse, of course, but I was in a foul mood yesterday because it was making the whole side of my head hurt. I was able to cover it (for the most part) today, so that's good! LOL! Normally, I really wouldn't care about covering it so much (I'm really not THAT vain...but, in our residence right now, we have a lot of ladies who have issues with past abuse. I really don't want to trigger anything in them, if I can help it).

Zumba was just ok last night, but that was me...not everyone else. Like I said, I felt icky. I am glad I went though.

Today I am going to try to leave a little bit early (my supervisor already said I could...YIPPEE!). I'll go to the gym, get a few groceries, and then go home to relax and then get ready for girls night! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and so much for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.....my niece who is going to the prom next weekend has asked me to do her makeup just before her dress fitting Sunday afternoon AND take her to her dress fitting. I am thrilled that she asked me, so of course I will :) It won't take too long, so I am determined to get some CHILL time to myself. :)

Have a great OP day everyone!

DixC Chix
05-13-2011, 10:26 AM
*shuffles in* :tired:
G'Mornin'.
...*blink, blink...*, :yawn:
*sip*, :coffee:
Ahhhh!
GOOD MORNING and TGIF!!!

Today I am going to lunch with friends from the gym. Already check the online menu and nutrition info and I'm going to get a turkey wrap with fruit and cottage cheese = 720 calories and 18 WW points. My plan is to eat the fruit and cottage cheese and 1/2 wrap so I take home 1/2 to eat with extra veggies and fruit.

b1: coffee/cream, chocolate greek yogurt
l: 1/2 turkey wrap with fruit and cottage cheese
d: 1/2 turkey wrap, carrots, blackberries/kiwi with yogurt and almonds
W: plenty, also iced green tea

Beverlyjoy - you are doing great!! And I love breakfast for dinner...do you use a mix for the pancakes? Congrats on OP day - you can do it! :carrot: Earn that dress!!

dgramie - yay for OP day! :carrot: How many is that??? Keep going!

time2lose - same for you..congrats and I do believe you've had a string of OP days. :carrot: Lets keep it going.

mj5 - its okay to not go full force when you have an injury. Your body is working to heal your eye and it will probably go better if it is not healing muscle tissue too. Your weekend sounds well balanced - workouts, connecting with friend, helping family and pampering for you.

mj5
05-13-2011, 12:39 PM
*shuffles in* :tired:
G'Mornin'.
...*blink, blink...*, :yawn:
*sip*, :coffee:
Ahhhh!
GOOD MORNING and TGIF!!!

LOVE this!!!!! One of my co-workers is going on a coffee run as I type this. Normally, I politely decline, but today....yep, I'm in for an extra cup!

Good for you for planning ahead. I love being able to do that. Thank you for the reminder. I tend to be an "all or nothing" kind of a person...so, yea...I am glad that I at least went to zumba last night.

I SO can't wait for girls night tonight!!!!!

Beverlyjoy
05-13-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi chicks - yesterday was a healthy day. I am so grateful. That’s two in a row (and three since Monday). If I stay on plan today, then it will be three days and I will buy that new dress.

I do have some credits for yesterday:
Planned/measured/logged food
Ate seated except for one mindless taste - still a credit to me
Left a bite each time
Wrote in my journal
Stretches and strengthening
Short meditation
Eating slower - a lot of the time

I had a doctor appointment & they have a big bowl of candy at the desk. I did NOT take any said NO CHOICE. I’ve been aiming to stay away from sugar - at least for now.

My friend has come over a couple days this week to help with some weeding and digging. May 21 is the plant swap/potluck. It’s the tenth year. I am bringing a sparkler.

I hope you all have a great Friday!

lottie63
05-13-2011, 05:14 PM
OMG I've lost a total of 3 lbs already this week!

(I weigh sat's for a challenge here and mondays for a challenge on spark)

I have been so stuck! wooosh! Finally!

DixC Chix
05-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Beverlyjoy - what is a sparkler? A dish or a plant? Or is it one of those 4th of July thing-y's?

Lottie - that's great news. Gotta love those wooshes!

mj5 - have a wonderful GNO!!

Beverlyjoy
05-13-2011, 08:46 PM
Dixc Chix - it's a Fourth of July thingy. It's for the celebration of our 10th year of doing the plant swap.:flow1::flow1::celebrate::flow1::flow1:

time2lose
05-13-2011, 09:56 PM
dgramie - Way to go!

mj5 - Glad that your eye is feeling better.

DixC Chix - :rofl: I have to have that coffee in the morning too.

Beverlyjoy - I want to see a picture of that dress.

lottie - 3 pounds! How wonderful!

It has been a busy day so I have not checked in. To be honest, I dreaded today. Fridays are a problem for me. I work a half day but it is usually hectic. Then I spend the afternoon at home and want to eat everything in sight. I just want to eat all afternoon and have many times. So today, when I got off work, I went for a hair cut and then went shopping. I got home just in time to cook dinner.

I had an OP day and I am pleased about it.

lottie63
05-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Wow, I've been so busy lately!

I never have time for me than a brief check in and I"m so behind on what you guys are up to. blah. but now I need to go clean.

did another biggest loser cardio max level 1 tonight! It get easier every time! I love it! I am soooooo sweaty right now I can feel it dripping from all over.

whew!

Wow, I feel so amazing. It makes me sad, thinking of all the time I've wasted sitting around, doing nothing but pigging out. I missed out on all this for so long. NO MORE! :D

dgramie
05-14-2011, 08:44 AM
lottie- I have the cardio max dvd.I watched it but havent attempted it yet.

time2lose- way to go and staying busy.
mj- glad your eye is better.
dixc- I cant even think without my coffee in the mornings.
bev- way to go and staying op. I need to slow down my eating. I have noticed lately Im eating faster than hubby. I will make an effort today to slow it down. thanks for the reminder.

Yesterday ended up being ok calorie wise. I had chips and dip at lunch before I even thought about it. I ended up skipping my sandwich and just ate the meat off it. My calories ended up ok but I wasnt allowed my snack yesterday afternoon to make up for lunch. Normally that would have derailed my whole day but I stay with it.
Yesterday was my 3rd OP day in a row and the scales are down 5lbs already.
Today is our shopping day and eat out day. I will try my best to make my lunch OP. Im thinking of sweet talking hubby into grilling us a steak or chicken breast. I would love to just stay in today and have a lazy day but then at the same time I want to see my grandkids and that means a road trip and a meal out.

jab91864
05-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Morning all....

Hope everyone is off to a good start on the weekend !! I was so happy to be off work today. I have a "chore" list a mile long, of course it would go faster if I would quit trying to take pics of the hummingbirds...lol

Weather is icky today, very windy and heavily overcast. The lid blew off my coldframe and I had to run out and do repairs and weigh it down, thankfully my tomato plants seem to be ok.

Food has gone well enough this week. I dropped 2 lbs so that was nice to see. :carrot: :carrot:

dgramie~ good job on recovering from the chips/dip, I know exactly what you mean about throwing the day off course. A lot of times if I stumble I get the mind set well the day is shot already might as well keep enjoying it and get back on track tomorrow...lol.

time2lose~ Congrats about surviving the Fri issue, good way to keep yourself otherwise occupied.

lottie~ Congrats on the weight loss!!!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

Beverlyjoy~ Congrats on staying OP, it is a lot of work. Sounds great about the plant swap, I would enjoy that a lot!!!

DixC Chix~ the wrap idea sounded good, it's nice to be able to look and plan ahead isn't it.

mj~ Wow, a black eye, I am behind...lol. I hope ladies night was GREAT!!

Hope I didn't miss anybody, if I did Hi !!! ;) ;) :D

Have a GREAT day !!!!

Beverlyjoy
05-14-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi chicks.. hooray!! I stayed three days in a row on my plan. :) I am getting a new dress. :D (I actually had 4 healthy days since Monday .- but, when I slipped up on Tuesday I had to start again.) Yes...I will show you the dress later.

Yesterday I:
planned/measured/logged food
lots of water
worked on eating slower and TASTING the food
read some Beck things
left a small bite on my plate each time
willing to think if my wanting to eat was: hunger, craving, or desire
stretches

Today my mom and I are going for lunch at Max and Erma's. I've figured out that I can have the Hula Salad. I can ask for plain chicken instead of soy sauce chicken. (salt)

Jab - AWESOME about two pounds down. :carrot: Kudo's! I am so glad that you saved your tomato plants!

dgrammie - Hooray on your weight loss. :carrot: Also, I am OP three days too. I know how you are feeling. Good job planning ahead for eating out.

lottie - I am so glad you are feeling so positive and empowered. :) Please don't look back with regrets. We can't change the past of worry about what we didn't do. Carry on and move forward!

Cheryl - kudo's for getting through a day OP that is usually a challenge! :D

Have a great weekend, folks.

time2lose
05-14-2011, 03:22 PM
lottie63 - You sound busy in a good way. I am glad that you are enjoying the exercise so!

dgramie - You worked your calories out just fine. We have to adapt.

jab91864 - Two pounds for the week is great!

Beverlyjoy - Yeah! Looking forward to seeing the dress!

My Sat. is going fine so far. I've had breakfast and lunch and have used 700 calories. I won't eat again until dinner. Today is my son's birthday and he wants us to pick up from Captain D's and watch a movie together. I looked at their menu online and don't really want to eat the calories from there. I am going to have someone get an extra piece of fish and then steam broccoli at home. I have made him a birthday cake and I will just have to resist it. I will remind myself that the second or third piece of cake is just as hard, or harder, to resist as the first. I might as well resist the first piece.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

mj5
05-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone! Oh my goodness...girls night was amazing! We had SO much fun! We even did a little of our zumba dances in the bar. We certainly captured LOTS of attention last night! LOL!!!! This morning I went to BOTH zumba classes...yeeeaaa....I was sweating from every pore in my body! Luckily I had time to come home and shower quick before my massage. I am leaving in a few mins to go for my mani/pedi. I was supposed to meet a friend for coffee, but she canceled on me.

Beverlyjoy--That's awesome!! I cannot wait to see your dress!!

lottie--WOW you rock!! I SO hear you...It does make me sad sometimes that I wait until now to make all these awesome changes. Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that I am doing it now...but all that time spent feeling blah....oh well, can't change the past!

cheryl--Way to plan for yourself!!! Great job!

dgramie--How did it go yesterday?

jab--2lbs is awesome!!! Great job!!! Yeaa...the black eye was a gym related accident. It feels much better, but looks terrible!

Have a great afternoon!

mj5
05-14-2011, 04:09 PM
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/Girls20Night205-13-111.jpg

this is what I wore last night to "girls night" I haven't worn a sleeveless shirt in, well....ever. I still have work to do (on my arms), but have made lots of progress!

AND, thanks to good makeup....you can't even notice my black eye (it's the left eye) :)

DixC Chix
05-14-2011, 04:26 PM
You're beautiful!! Love that top! And you really can't see the shiner!

mj5
05-14-2011, 11:10 PM
Thanks DixC Chix! The top was a super bargain at Marshall's...loving that store even more than usual these days! And yeaaa...if you could see me now w/ zero makeup...yep, it's pretty interesting looking. Oh well, it is starting to go away.

Tomorrow is zumba, then doing my niece's makeup for a pre-prom dress fitting (she wants to see her whole 'look' together). THEN I will get some down time! Phew!!!!

Beverlyjoy
05-15-2011, 08:33 AM
Hi Chicks - yesterday was a healthy day. I am grateful. I went to Max and Erma's for lunch with my mom. I looked ahead online and found a lovely grilled chicken, greens, and fruit salad. It's so nice to be able to look ahead.

I have been getting lots of veggies this week. Early in the week I made some veggie stew (eggplant, onions, yellow peppers, mushroom & a can of fire roasted tomatoes, oregano) I did different things with it all week. One day I ate some of it with garbonzo beans mixed in. One day I ate it with pasta. One day I added some ricotta cheese and parm cheese and as a side dish with parm cheese.

I accomplished many goals yesteday:
planned/measured/logged food
exercise - stretches and strengthening
was seated while eating except a couple of unconcious nibbles (working on that)
tried to slow down and taste the food.
lots of water
read my Beck book

working on:
fork down between bites
enjoying every bite of food
meditation daily

Cheryl - yay for checking out the restaurant and planning ahead. Good thoughts about the cake. Often... sugar begets more sugar. Carry on.

Mj - zumba at the bar.... LOVE IT. You are on a roll friend...it's wonderful to be hold. Your picture is awesome. You look terrific and I am loving that great smile. (and NO sleeves... GREAT) How did you get a shiner.

Today is marketing day. Gosh the prices are so, so high. More than ever it's important to not waste food. Of course, this doesn't mean I am a garbage can for extra food. LOL I am hanging with DH - he's been gone for a week. Glad he is home.

mj5
05-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Good Morning!

Beverlyjoy--You are doing fantastic! Awesome day, BUT....what about the dress???? You know how I LOVE rewards!!! Thank you. I am having SO much fun!!! The black eye...it was my first gym injury. Kinda surprised it took this long, LOL! Someone left a lat pull down bar that they had rigged on a chain (so it hung down lower than normal)...normally I can walk right under them. Well....I didn't see it and walked right into it. OUCH!!! Luckily it wasn't any lower AND that I didn't get cut. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it looks terrible, LOL. Thank goodness for good makeup.

Zumba today, then dashing off to do my niece's "pre-prom" makeup and take her to her dress fitting. THEN I will come home and relax.

I am down 4lbs for the week. My trainer needed updates today so he can put together my next workout. In the past 4 weeks, I have lost a total of 13lbs and 8"! (that makes 28lbs and 16.25" since I started w/ my trainer 2 months ago! AND 51lbs since I re-started on 12/14/11) Unbelievable! Even more unbelievable is I have become one of "those" people that loves to workout. Never thought that would happen, LOL!

dgramie
05-15-2011, 09:01 AM
I had a yucky day yesterday. I had some sinus issues and went back to bed. Hubby got me a taco salad for lunch. DInner was going to be smoke ribs and baked beans. I had my meat weighed out. I took my first bite of meat and lost a huge filling.I lost my appetite completly. I didnt eat any more at all. I hate going to the dentist but will be calling on monday to get in. I think I will be eating really light until the tooth is fixed. Just praying they can fix it.
Scales are down 8lbs from wed. I knew I had alot of fluid on me and I guess this just proves it.
Looks like we will be eating the ribs today. I may make me some mashed sweet potatoes to go with the meat.

lottie63
05-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Mj5-you look great! :)

So, I've been doing so well lately and I Felt like maybe my bf didn't think much of it, but this morning I woke up and there was a really sweet card on the desk for me and he wrote in it about how great I'm doing now and how he's so proud of me.

sigh. he's so sweet.

DixC Chix
05-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Friday went as planned for lunch but I wasn't hungry enough for the second half of the wrap so I ate left over brown rice, green beans and peas & carrots and a cookies & cream skinny cow bar - yum-meh! E: water aerobics

Sat was good as I passed up lunch out with members of the Homeless Ministry at a local buffet. Yuck! I wish they would find a better place to eat. I ate the rest of the wrap with clementines and then Lean Cuisine + veggies for dinner. I was a little light on the calories/points so I had another cookies & cream skinny cow. E: nothing

Today was brunch out with sis - my usual which is 23 WW P+ and 775 calories. I ate it really slow as sis and I catch up for the week. I also had a ton of iced tea so I feel very full. Dinner will be something light. E: 20 min walk and laundry, vacuuming and mopping.

This week has been perfectly on plan. I am anxious to weigh in tomorrow but it doesn't look like it will be anything spectacular (.5 pound as of this morning :().

Time2lose - You are doing so good and the best part - you are strategizing for your weak spots! So how was the hair cut and shopping?

lottie - Aw, what a sweetie BF

dgramie - good for you not to get derailed Fri! 5# :high: WTG!!! Gosh what a bummer about the tooth. I hope it doesn't hurt.

jab - you go girl -- 2#!! Yay!

Beverlyjoy - You did it!! All we need is a pix of you in the dress! Veggie stew sounds good, like something I would have with a carb balance tortilla. (Everything goes with a tortilla!! ;) ) I hear ya on going to the grocer's. It is one of my concessions to dieting - willingness to go to the grocer's as often as needed.

mj5 - Zumba in the bar?? I want to go out with you next Girls Night Out!!!
Your stats are amazing - you ROCK! I remember practicing make-up for the Prom...ahhhh...memories...

mj5
05-15-2011, 09:03 PM
dgramie--hope you are feeling better! Good luck at the dentist.

lottie--thanks. Aww, bf is a sweetie!!

DixC Chix--Great job! Yea, it was a fantastic night out! Can't wait for the next one! Thanks...lots of sweat to make those numbers. I sent them to my trainer and he is VERY pleased. He'll get back to me tomorrow about changes to my workout. I'm a little afraid, LOL! It is going to increase in intensity each time he 'tweaks'....but, its all good!

dgramie
05-16-2011, 07:39 AM
I am lucky my tooth isnt hurting at all. Im just praying they can get me in today to get it fixed.
Yesterday was a OP day. Hubby grilled veggies , squash mushrooms and onions. YUM!! I did eat to many of them. I have to learn portion control even on low calorie things.

Today I will try and eat slower! I will watch my portions closer. I will eat off a small plate.
breakfast- yogurt smoothie with banana and fresh strawberries.
lunch- cottage cheese and fruit and a serving of pork
dinner- baked fish and steamed veggie

DixC Chix
05-16-2011, 10:29 AM
2.5 !!! :carrot: 2.5!!!

Whew! I was in a not so good frame of mind with .5 pound but patience paid off and this a.m. I am down 2.5! Yay! :D

B1: coffee, yogurt
B2: egg, pumpkin
L: tortilla with lc cheese, turkey, bell pepper, spinach; 3 clementines
D: lean sirloin, carrots, zucchini with garlic and parmesan, blackberries & kiwi with yogurt and almonds
E: yoga, water aerobics and dig a hole in garden
W: you bet!

dgramie - yay for another OP day!! Good thing you don't have an exposed nerve. Fish sounds so good right now. How are you gonna fix it?

mj5
05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
Good Morning! Ugh, it's raining again (can I send you some DixC Chix?????)

dgramie--I'm glad your tooth isn't hurting. Hope they can get you in today.

DixC Chix--AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job!!!!!

I can't wait to get my new workout from my trainer. I probably won't have it in time for tonight, but that's ok.

Hope you are all having a great day!

mj5
05-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Ok, so I am sitting here trying to figure out why I am SO hungry.....ummm, yea, while I was having blender issues this morning (stupid blender went in the garbage, I will get a new one on my way home)......I TOTALLY forgot to add the protein powder to my smoothie this morning. DUH! No wonder I'm hungry!!!!!!!!! Silly mj!

Beverlyjoy
05-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi chickies.... Yesterday was a healthy day! Yay... I am grateful. I completed many of my goals as far as my food plan goes. Now that I've had so many healthy food days. ... I need to now add the salt component to the equations.

I planned/measured/logged food, lots of water, stretches, journalled, ate seated and left a bite always.

I just found out that my friend, with whom I do our plant swap, well her mom passed away. Her mom was a neat lady. So now I need to russell up some help for Saturday.

MJ - I need protein too. I've found out its essential - especially at breakfast.

dixichic - HOORAY for the weight loss. I know you've been deserving it! Good job with the buffet.

dgdrammie - Hope your tooth is doing better and you got to see the dentist.

lottie.. kudo's to that special BF for the card and you're doing so well.

today I will concentrate on tasting and eatng slower.

Have a good one.........B

mj5
05-16-2011, 10:34 PM
My trainer sent me this today after I sent him my updates. The "arrows" are a bit off, but you get the idea...

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/MJ20start20to20820wks20side11.jpg

dgramie
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
mj- you look amazing and you can see it in your arms and even your hands.

I was able to get into the dentist first thing. They were not able to save the tooth. Im lucky though it really hasnt hurt much at all.

food will be soft again today.

mj5
05-17-2011, 09:22 AM
Good Morning!

dgramie--SO glad you were able to get into the dentist. Thanks. Even when I look at the pics, I still can't believe it's ME. I have added a ring to a my wedding rings, so they don't fall off! I won't get them sized yet.

This week my workout schedule is a little off. One of my niece's has her sr night for softball tomorrow, which would be a gym workout day for me. The old me would have just skipped my workout w/out a second thought. Instead, I am going to zumba tonight (normally my day "off") and I'll go to her game tomorrow. If there isn't a game (thanks to all the lovely rain we are having...), I'll go to the gym and pick a different day to have off.

Beverlyjoy
05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi chickies... Yesterday was a great day! I am so thankful. In my day I included many of the healthy tasks goal I strive for. I really need to work on eating slower and really enjoying each bite. My weight is down five pounds since a week ago. :)

Next week I am getting my new ankle/foot brace. My foot/ankle, however, is very very sore. I did a little bit of gardening. It's the walking on the grass (uneven surface) that irritates it. I took my usual nsaid.. but, it seemed to make me start to retain water. So, I need to get it checked out. Always something in the never ending saga of my foot/ankle. sigh. I refuse to let it get me down, I hope! lol

MJ - I LOVE these pictures and your wonderful excitement in your healthy life plan. It's really contagious. YAY

Dgrammie - I am glad your tooth isn't hurting now and you got to the dentist.

Have a great day.

time2lose
05-17-2011, 12:52 PM
mj5 - You are looking so great! I am jealous that you can wear a sleeveless shirt! I did the same thing with adding an extra ring until my sliding rings started driving me crazy. I resized my rings but look forward to needing to do that again.

Beverlyjoy - You are going to town with your goals. Have you gotten the dress?

dgramie - Sorry about the tooth. This is not the best way to lose weight!

DixC Chix - A week perfectly on-plan! YOu are doing so well.

I haven't checked in a few days. Life has been hectic. Busy at work and my freezer was turned off after a power outage and we did not realize it for 2 days. I have been cooking a bunch of food from it. I am still stuggling but hanging in their. I ate 400 calories over plan for the weekend but I don't think that is bad. When I was losing well, I allowed a few more calories over the weekend.

mj5
05-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi again!

Beverlyjoy--5lbs!!!!! That is fantastic!!!! Sorry your ankle is acting up again. I hope the new brace helps.

Cheryl--Thanks! 400 cal over isn't bad. Hope things settle down a bit for you soon.

I think I have mentioned that I am on our Wellness Committee at work. Well, today I volunteered to organize/be in charge of the new initiative to recognize people through our monthly Wellness Newsletter for the different things they are doing to be healthy. People can "nominate" themselves or other employees can "nominate" them. If the person does not wish to be publicly recognized, then we will not do it. I am really excited to be in charge of this!

Have a great afternoon!

DixC Chix
05-17-2011, 05:17 PM
L: WW bread, tuna, dressing, bell pepper, spinach; 3 clementines
D: eggbeaters omelet with salsa, onions, bell pepper, cheese, bacon, cinnamon toast, skinny cow
E: still digging a hole in garden (I can almost see China)

mj5 - Wow - no wonder you feel so good - you are dropping inches left and right!

Beverlyjoy - you are so on top of the behavior modifications and with a string of days OP its working!!! Yay for the -5 #!! Here's a trick I use for slower eating - I use only my right hand and follow a cycle of fork, napkin, sip drink and anything else I can think of to throw in there to take time.

time2lose - bummer about the freezer but I guess you can sort of restock it with ABC (already been cooked) foods. 400 more cals over a weekend,... 200 a day... not a big deal in my diet book. Kinda fools the body a bit like calorie cycling.

dgramie - Hang in there, you're doing great.

mj5
05-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Good Morning! Well, I am doing something I almost never do.....I am taking a "mental health day" today.....I have been SO busy both at home and at work I just needed a break! Hubby has the day off, so we are actually going to get a day together! I feel a teeny bit guilty, but you know what??? Not really! I am going to hit the gym early (actually in just a few minutes)...no one I work with goes to my gym, so no worries there...then when I get home I am going to go through clothes in my closet/dresser. Later, hubby and I are going to the mall (which is about an hour away...no worries about running into anyone there, lol!) to shop for anything we both may need for our trip at the end of the month. On our way, we'll probably drop off whatever clothes I come up with to be donated from cleaning out my closet.

DixC Chix--Thanks! Yep, I feel amazing!

lottie--How are you doing?

Listen to this!!!! I was talking to my wellness coach last night and he has asked me to do a testimonial (including a video) once I reach my goal. I was shocked! He said that because of my efforts and attitude, I am the perfect person to do one. I was shocked and honored!

We have had some great talks the past couple of weeks and last night was no different. Last night, I told him I had been thinking a lot about what finally "clicked" into place...I had been struggling for SOOOOO long and then all of a sudded....BAM, consistent losses. What I have realized is that it hasn't been any ONE thing, it is a series of things (which actually made me feel better). We talked about my list of "things", which he really liked hearing about.

dgramie
05-18-2011, 08:24 AM
mj- thats awesome about the video! im so proud of you!

dix- IM digging in my garden also.I cant find anyone to till it so im just digging it myself. Thanks for the hint on eating with just the right hand.I will try that!

time2lose- weekends are just so hard. Your doing great!

bev- way to go on staying OP. We can do this!

I have been OP for a week! Scales are down 9.8lbs. I know its water weight but at least its off my body! I think it would have been more but the pain pills always cause me to stall or not lose. I only took one yesterday and dont think i will need any today. I am really doing good with eating and going back to reg food today.

breakfast - oatmeal( made by hubby)with fruit
lunch cottage cheese and fruit
dinner pork loin and veggies grilled

melinda34
05-18-2011, 10:54 AM
good morning! I'm new and need some accountability :o

I'm a yo-yo dieting guru, and I'm hoping this is my last yo.
Joined the Lucious by Labor Day challenge and hope to hit Onederland by Labor Day. Haven't found a "plan" that I'm ready to commit to just yet, so for now, I'm doing my best not to binge, healthy breakfast, mid morning snack, appropriate portioned lunch, fruit/protein 4p snack and a 400cal dinner. AND - take my medicine and supplements like I am supposed to.

so yesterday-
B: 2 eggbeater/ham/WW toast.
B2: cottage cheese/orange
L: 1/2 roast beef/tomato/spinach sandwich, sm side salad, cantelope
D: burger on 100cal WW bun, carrots/celery LF dip
took my meds/supplements, drank my water

working on today's plan. Thanks for letting me join/post! :D

Beverlyjoy
05-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi friends.... yesterday was mostly good... I did have a binge last night in a reaction to foot/ankle pain. I took my nsaid pain medication and gained five pounds overnight. I don't know if it's from the medicine or salt or which or both. I am so tired of this foot/ankle stuff. I am going to see my GP for a follow up and I'll discuss it with her.

I am not giving up!!

Thanks for your support.

DixC Chix
05-18-2011, 02:07 PM
I wear my swimsuit to the gym and have a set of undies all ready to go in my kit but :o I forgot to take my underwear to the gym today. :o DOH!!!

L: WW bread, turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato; 3 clementines
D: marinated chicken breast, carrots, zucchini, blackberries, kiwi, yogurt, walnuts
E: Water Aerobics
W: you bet and some iced green tea!

mj5 - You have a great attitude - no wonder you are going to be in the spotlight! We have had some great talks the past couple of weeks and last night was no different. Last night, I told him I had been thinking a lot about what finally "clicked" into place...I had been struggling for SOOOOO long and then all of a sudded....BAM, consistent losses. What I have realized is that it hasn't been any ONE thing, it is a series of things (which actually made me feel better). We talked about my list of "things", which he really liked hearing about.
Care to share with us??
Also your mental health day is good for charities, good for the economy, good for the marriage, and you deserve it! Nothing there to be guilty about.

dgramie - its not just water weight, you been on plan several days now. Its real weight loss.

melinda34 - :wave: Hi and welcome. I hate to tell you but what you are doing is A PLAN!!! :D And it seems like a good one, your menu looks delish, healthy, balanced, nutritious. Good job! Coming here and posting my daily menu/plan has helped me stay on track. I totaly see you making it to one-derland by Labor Day.

Beverlyjoy - :hug: Hang in there with your ankle/foot. It won't be too long before you get the brace and start to feel better. It is so difficult to deal with chronic pain and diet at the same time. I know it was for me. I just wanted to find a few moments of comfort and of course my comfort food is not celery or raw spinach!! And it seems to zap all your energy 'dealing' with it. :hug:

jab/lottie - How are ya?

mj5
05-19-2011, 12:48 AM
dgramie--Thanks! AWESOME loss!!! How did it go eating regular food today?

melinda--Welcome!!!

Beverlyjoy--Oh sweetie! Absolutely, don't give up. It has to be the medicine or sodium, or both, like you said. You CAN do this!

DixC Chix--Oops!

Absolutely, I would be happy to share: tracking my food was the first step (I was adamant that I would NEVER do this...had every excuse in the book why I couldn't do it...yeeeaaa...this has actually been a HUGE help!), once I started tracking my food I REALLY started paying attention to what I was eating and started making small changes--either trying to reduce a 100cal here or there or come up with a healthier option, ZUMBA was next! My wellness coach challenged me to attend that first class (after I mentioned I was interested in trying it). To make sure I actually went...I texted my niece's and invited them to go. At the time, I knew it would be easy for me to decide to stay home, BUT I would never let them down on purpose. All three jumped at the chance to go. We had SO much fun! I started going 1 day a week and now go 3 days a week. The "final" piece that REALLY pulled it altogether was getting my strength training workout figured out. I had known for a long time that my prior workout was ineffective and I was bored with it. I just didn't do anything about it. I was waiting for my brother to help me (knowing that he was super busy). FINALLY I took steps to find another way to amp it up. A friend told me about her friend who is a trainer and does "online training" and well....you know the rest! In case you don't...I was skeptical. Not in his abilities, but in my ability to stick with it. I signed up for 4 weeks (the shortest program he offers), just to see how I would do. Well, I LOVED it! The workouts are amazing. The nutritional advice he offers is really helpful. I can also email him as much as I want about ANYTHING (and trust me, I do, LOL!). Through this part of my journey, I have learned that I enjoy working out. I mean, REALLY enjoy it. I never thought that would be me!

jab and lottie--hope things are going well!

dgramie
05-19-2011, 08:44 AM
My mouth is alot better. I am lucky!! Now cant wait to get fitted for the bridge so I dont have an empty spot in the back of my mouth. Thank God you really cant see it much when i smile.
I ended up having hotdogs for dinner and lunch meat at lunchtime. I dont know im ready for a steak or porkchop yet.LOL
Hubby grilled hotdogs last night and we ate outside. It was soo good. I ate a hotdog on a bun and then one on my plate without a bun and some kraut with it. I wanted a 3rd one but knew they were not the kind we normally buy. Boy am I glad I checked the calories before I ate it. YIKES>>>190 calories each.

melinda34
05-19-2011, 10:33 AM
good morning friends! thanks for the welcome!
worked hard in the yard and garden yesterday, sore today -- but it's good to use all those core muscles, and I figure I burned a ton of calories
yesterday
B 2 turkey sausage, ww toast
B2 orange & yogurt
L grilled salami/chz sandwich & apple (still using up the food in frig)
D steamed broccoli/zucchini/cabbage/carrots w/stir fy garlic chicken
only took morning meds/supplements.....don't know what my problem is that I don't take my evening stuff. **but that's why I'm working on it. :dizzy:

today- eggbeater burrito/salsa + coffee x2
B2 cottage chz + orange
L tuna/cabbage salad on WASA - love the crunch :), apple & carrots
D dunno yet, busy evening, will try to stay out of trouble -- maybe a 6 inch sub?
on tap for this morning - old yoga DVD, gonna try to make that part of my routine again. I'm getting old and getting stiff. :yoga:

DixC Chix
05-19-2011, 11:09 AM
dgramie - good to hear you're feeling better. Yum, grilled dogs :T; nothing better except a dog at the ball park when your team is winning!! And Kraut on top!?! - my eyes have rolled back in my head! :drool:

mj5 - Thanks you for sharing. There is a Zumba class at my gym tomorrow afternoon..I'm thinkin' about it...I'm thinkin'. And I am gonna see if there are online coaches in my area. How was your day off?

Beverlyjoy - I'm glad you're not giving up. You can do it!! :cheer2:

melinda - Oh good! a gardener!! Me too. I do love the dirt therapy and that feeling of having used my body differently. I get sore too but I kinda like it cuz its a reminder that I DID something!!!

L: WW bread, turkey, swiss ch, tomato, spinach; my last 3 clementines
D: left over chicken, last of my carrots and zucchini, ???
E: walk to mani/pedi (2 mi RT) and housecleaning

I have to drop off clothes at church for the 'Free Clothes Closet'. I also need to go to the grocers today for more fresh produce. Then to Home Depot for the inground spigot and plumbing supplies.

Have a wonderful day everybody!!

mj5
05-19-2011, 01:53 PM
What a day! Ugh...when I arrived at work the power was out...so no power (which meant no phones or internet or ANYTHING) for four hours. Super. I did get some paperwork done and cleaned my office, finally! It was kinda gross! LOL!

dgramie--YEA so glad your mouth is feeling better!

melinda--I bet you did burn a lot of calories! Hmm...I had a hard time remembering a med I take at lunchtime. I set a reminder in my cell phone, now it beeps and reminds me every day. It sounds silly, but it really works!

DixC Chix--DO IT! The beauty of online training is they don't have to live near you. My trainer lives in NC and I live in NY. We communicate via email and facebook. If you are interested in checking out his info, let me know and I will message it to you. My day off was wonderful! Worked out, cleaned my closet, spent the afternoon w/ hubby, went to my niece's softball game. Great day!

Zumba tonight, can't wait!

jab91864
05-19-2011, 05:15 PM
My schedule got changed at work sort of last minute once they realized they had all the new ppl scheduled to work together on Sat & Sun. So I am off today so I can go in on Sat.

It's a dreary day, rain. I got a little bit of yard work done but not much. I'm in the mood to shop but it's not in my budget, $300 on prescriptions has not been a good thing this month..lol.

My food choices haven't been good today...I am still within my cal range but so far I am eating crap. On the bright side of that atleast I am logging it in honestly and am aware of what calories I have left for the day. I am also here typing...lol, the combo should keep me from temptation.

mj~ had no idea ppl did online trainers, guess it makes sense in today's age, so much of what we do is online.

DixC Chix~ sounds like a good plan for your day!!

melinda34~ nice to meet you!

dgramie~ glad you are feeling better, dental stuff makes me cringe!!!

Beverlyjoy~ :hug:

Hope everyone has a Great rest of the day!!!

I am suppose to go to dinner with a friend tomorrow after work, she gets to pick...it's her birthday. She hasn't chosen yet so I can't plan what I am going to order.

lottie63
05-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I swear I'm here.

haha.

I had a bad night last night, tons of pain and cravings. ick. feeling better today, feeling motivated, I"m using my light box again since the farmers almanac says it'll rain all summer. :( No hope. Oh well. :(

I've had pain from all this work so I haven't exercised but I'm gonna do c25k today on the bike, I"m on week 5 day 2.

bonnie2009
05-20-2011, 12:13 AM
I'd like to join in. I have been taking small steps to start some healthy eating, since May 4th. I have been fairly pleased with the results. I have had fewer binges and less refined carbs. I have a long way to go but I've had these terrible eating habits along time so I am going to try to be patient with myself.:)

Everyone have a wonderful Friday.:)

jab91864
05-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Lottie~ it does look to be a bleak summer starting off, I hope the almanac is wrong. Feel better!!!!! :hug:

Bonnie2009 ~ WeLcOmE !!!! :D

Well my calories for yesterday were a little higher than what I wanted 1507 but not outrageous by any means so for that I am grateful.

Switched up my protein shake this morning. On work days I make myself a shake as a meal replacement and find it works better for me.

Today instead of frozen fruit I added the following.

protein powder (whey/soy mix)
almond milk
greek yogurt
cocoa powder (hersheys baking not sweetened)
cinnamon
coffee ice cubes
sweetener

I have to say it is pretty good and a nice switch up from a fruity drink :)

Today and tomorrow are going to be stressful at work and I pray for patience. Seems like anymore it is all stress.

Need to re-plant my peas and beets as it seems the birds are helping themselves.... :(

I hope everyone is blessed with a GREAT day!!!

lottie63
05-20-2011, 11:15 AM
So, I'm slipping up lately. I think it's a 'pill period pms' thing. Insane cravings, moody, augh.

I've decided to do a semi fast thing. I'm gonna do protein shakes for breakfast, a protein bar at work, and then juice for the rest of the day for the next few days here to reset myself and get back on track.

I wish the sun would come out. :(

DixC Chix
05-20-2011, 06:45 PM
Yesterday didn't quite go as planned but totally OK cuz we had RAIN!!!!!
Not a lot but at the wrong time for me to walk to salon. So it was just housework for exercise. I didn't go to HD as I spoke with BIL who wants to take a look before I should buy anything. I may get away cheaper to repair hydrant than replace it. I did go to the grocer's and I did donate clothes.

L: cauliflower based 'alfredo sauce' on egg noodles; 3 apricots
D: graduation party-(I'll try to reasonable but they are from Louisiana and I love their red beans & rice and authentic crayfish etouffee) I have 800 cal and 16 WWP+ to work with.
E: water aerobics but no zumba cuz of the party

mj5 - yes please PM the details of trainer. No power is bummer but its good to clean the work space especially if you eat there sometimes.

jab - your protein shake sounds DE-lish! And calories still kept you in deficit so you're OK. Enjoy your dinner out and breathe deep to get through work! Dang birds.

Hello Bonnie! - please join us.

lottie - :hug: feel better soon :flow2: here's some sunshine!

Beverlyjoy/dgramie/time2lose/melinda - Hi!

mj5
05-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi everyone! Phew! What a day! I had the day off, but busy, busy!!!

I did my new workout LOVE it! Had a podiatrist appt, ran errands, groceries, prepped food for the week, then took my niece for her first mani. We had SO much fun! I think she's hooked now! I ALMOST had her talked into a pedi....maybe next time!

jab--To be honest, I didn't either! Not until my friend told me about it. Ooh, your shake sounds good!!!

lottie--Sorry to hear you are having a rough time! How did your exercise go?

bonnie--Welcome!!!

DixC Chix--YEA for rain..well, for you :) I will send you a msg in just a min :)

Tomorrow is zumba (yea!), then helping my niece get ready for prom. Then I will hang out w/ my older niece for a while. Sundy is MY day. It will be zumba, the RELAX.

jab91864
05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I enjoyed my shake, and the coffee gave me a good boost. I was at a full run the minute I got to work...they were still behind from the day before.

Dinner was good. I got baked cod and a baked potato, and even had ice cream at the end. But had a good time out and it helped me unwind after work. Will work off the ice cream tomorrow hustling at work and then I have to mow both the front and back lawn when I get home before the rain comes again...lol.

mj~ you always sound like you're having such a good time!!! I have never had a pedi, think I would feel weird with somebody touching my feet... :dizzy:

DixC Chix ~ OMG!!! red beans & rice and authentic crayfish etouffee, sounds too good!!! :devil: :D

Well I have a couple chores then off to bed, work in the morning!!!

Sweet dreams everyone!!!!!!!!!! :)

bonnie2009
05-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

jab, your shake sounds yummy. It sounds like a nice relaxing dinner too.

dix, housework is definitely exercise! I wish I could get myself to learn this. Housework is by far not my strong suit.

mj5, sound like a very productive day. Aren't nieces wonderful!

lottie, your blog is cool.

Everyone have a wonderful Saturday.:carrot:

jab91864
05-21-2011, 08:27 AM
It's going to be a nice day, the sun is shining...I wish I didnt' have to go to work :( . I have so much to do in the yard and garden. Tomorrow (I'm off) it's rain again. :( :(

On the bright side the scale moved another pound downward... slow but sure like a big old box turtle...lol.

Gotta fire up a protein shake and hit the road, have a GREAT day!!!!! :carrot:

lottie63
05-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks bonnie!

well it's finally sunny....for once. I work of course though. but whatever, I'll take it. :)

I'm thinking of joining a different gym, it's more expensive, but it's on the way to/from work, closer to my house and has an indoor track and a pool. I need to make a decision by june 1st, that's when I want to join. excitement.

mj5
05-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone! I am FINALLY home. Phew. Busy day! SO very much fun!!! Zumba was awesome, of course. My best friend FINALLY joined me and she LOVED it! She is going to start coming. Then I went to help my niece get ready. My sil was there, of course, but she has horrible asthma, so having an extra adult there to help, helps her a lot. My niece looked amazing, not that I am biased or anything ;) I will download the pics tomorrow and post one. I know she will have a fantastic night.

tomorrow is zumba, the relaxing for the rest of the day!!!

mj5
05-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Ok, here are a couple pics. I can't wait to hear from her to hear all about it! But, that won't be until much later.....after-prom JUST ended!

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/smile.jpg

http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae178/marisfan/BecandAuntJo.jpg

DixC Chix
05-22-2011, 01:47 PM
mj5 - She looks like a princess going to a ball!!! (which she is when you think about it - doh!) Good job on the make-up! She's got her auntie's smile. I wish I could see more of her hair-do. BTW, your cherry coke hair color shows in the sun - very pretty.

lottie - yay for sun!! (Join the gym with the pool!)

jab -yay for sun up and weight down!!! I think everybody feels the same way about pedicures until you have one. My dear old Mom had her first at age 80 because she felt the same. After, I have never seen her so relaxed and light on her feet.

bonnie - wassup?

Party was nice and I controlled okay. Got there a little late and of course etouffee was gone but had a 1/2 c of red beans & rice. Had a bit of pulled pork, fruit salad and cupcake. And a pomagranate margarita - just one!! It was good catching up with everyone.

Yesterday was on plan with more housework. BIL is due to come over today to work on the garden hydrant problem.

L: tortilla with lc cheese, turkey, bell pepper, spinach; 3 apricots
D: loaded lean cheese hamburger, blackberries & grapes with yogurt and walnuts
E: ?? the hole in garden ??

mj5
05-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Ahhh, an afternoon to realx! I had almost forgotten how! LOL!!!

DixC Chix--Her hair was just pinned up curls in the back. NOT what she wanted (there actually aren't many pics of the back of her for that reason....), but she looked great and that's what mattered. I'm still waiting to hear from her to hear all about it! The after prom lasted until 6am, then she went out to breakfast, so I'm sure she is still sleeping right now! I was really happy to be able to share in her special day.

zumba this morning was intense! Great class though!

DixC Chix
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey jab - just noticed you're close to ONE-derland - Yahoo!!!

Go, jab GO! :cheer2::cheer3:

mj5
05-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Nice catch DixC Chix!!!! GO JAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgramie
05-23-2011, 08:01 AM
hi...wow Im behind on personals.
I had a great weekend and stayed OP. I got my garden planted. Im excited, i love having fresh veggies in my yard.
Scales are still stuck.

jab91864
05-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Morning all!!!! Had a good day yesterday worked all day in the yard until the rain came about 5pm. Got about half of my list done so that made me happy. I love playing in the dirt...hate to weed but love to plant. :dizzy:

Back to reality, work again. My hen should hatch those eggs end of this week, so we set up the baby area to keep the other girls from killing the babies. I candled eggs last night and it's always kewl to see the chicks moving around in the shell.

Went out to dinner last night, last minute thing which had me slightly worried. But I had been soooo busy all day in the yard that I had not eaten anything just ice tea w/sweetener. I ordered poached salmon w/sweet potato baked and had a absolutely awesome salad with it. The salad was so good I wish I had ordered a huge one for my dinner...lol.

mj~ GREAT pics!! You are both so beautiful, it's awesome you are very close.

dgramie~ gardening is good exercise and being in the sun makes me feel better!! I got a lot done but we are still in the 40's here at night so I am holding off another week or so before I put the bulk of my garden out :( I'm still afraid to move my peppers to the cold frame.

DixC Chix ~ hey you deserved that margarita after misssing out on the etouffee !! I am soooooo close to onederland it's got me excited, hope to make the cross over this week :hyper: :hyper:

lottie~ a gym with a pool sounds great!!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day I have to fly!!

DixC Chix
05-23-2011, 09:56 AM
The scales were good to me this morning and I'm down again. I swear the credit belongs to you guys and this thread. This keeps me so accountable without any of the guilt and competition. I love coming here everyday and seeing what's up with y'all.

Forgot to defrost burgers for dinner so swapped for a lean cuisine, green beans and a skinny cow :o. BIL baled on me but spent 12 hours sat. on retiling his master bath. He deserves a day off. He'll be by today. So no 'exercise' but I did get to my guestroom/office and went through a bunch of crap and tossed, tossed, tossed!! Now there is room to move.

B1: coffee, yogurt, mini banana
L: tortilla with lc cheese, bell pepper, spinach; mini banana
D: loaded lean cheese hamburger, blackberries & grapes with yogurt and walnuts
E: yoga, water aerobics
W: iced green tea too!

dgramie - yay for gardens and resulting fresh veggies...in about three months!!??!!

jab - gotta love the dirt therapy. Baby chicks - awww. I have a couple of websites I check for wildlife birds - live feed of barn owl and bald eagle nests for the hatching and fledging of babies. So very kewl!!! Dinner sounds awesome!

Have a marvelous Monday everybody!!!!!

mj5
05-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning! The countdown to vacation is ON! I have so much to do at work this week, I am hoping the week will go fast! On Saturday, I am going to a 2 hour Zumba "Master Class" with a bunch of people from my classes. Can't wait for that either!

dgramie--YEA for an OP weekend! Great job getting your garden planted.

jab--So glad you were able to play in the dirt! Awesome job at dinner!!! I hope you make it to onederland this week!!!!

DixC Chix--YEA!!! No, the credit belongs to YOU and your hard work! I love coming here and seeing what everyone is up to, also.

lottie--How's the job going?

Beverlyjoy--How are you doing? Did you get your brace, or do you get it soon? I have lost track.

I am down 3lbs this week. I am hoping to skip right over 199, lol...that is the lowest I ever made it the last time I lost weight and to be honest it's freaking me out a little. Not sure why...Just want to get past it so I can stop thinking about it!

lottie63
05-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Heya ladies, hope everyone is doing well and congrats to those of you who are losing and keep it up! Good luck for next week for those of us who are seeing a stuck scale.

I can not spend ONE MORE WEEK in the 230's. It's been two weeks at 230, I've been pmsing so it's bounced up and down a bit but it seems to be over, hopefully this coming saturday I will weigh at 229 at the very least. I blogged about my pmsing and how that has affected me this week and what 'overdoing it' looks like now compared to what it used to. ha.

mj5, the jobs are both great. Love them both! I'm very lucky, some people don't have one job they like. :P I've found I can do the longer days now sometimes so I'm going to open my availablity a bit so I can get more hours. I Seem to be doing fine. :)

Beverlyjoy
05-23-2011, 12:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi friends.. I have not run away. I am trying to get it together... bit by bit. Today I get the foot/ankle brace. However, it is hurting from a food yank last week.

The plant swap went well.

Thanks for your continued positive thoughts and support.

melinda34
05-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Good afternoon friends! Graduation weekend at our house left no time for the computer, and some crazy eating. Have a vacation day today to recuperate from the whirlwind of activities and emotions, and return my kitchen back to normal after cranking out all that party food!

Also need to run to the market to reboot the kitchen with meals for the week.
will step on the scale on Wednesday - I have no idea what to expect....

today:
B: egg burrito/salsa, coffee
B2: leftover turkey brat & greek yo/strawberry smoothie
L: salad w/protein, orange
D: will figure this out after I've been to the market
goal for the week - take my meds/supplements like I'm supposed to and water, water, water.
Happy Monday everyone!! Love the prom pics!!

mj5
05-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Beverlyjoy--Ouch! Take care of that foot! (And the rest of you too!) Hope the new brace helps!

Melinda--Good for you for taking today off to recover from the weekend! Sounds like a great plan to get back on track!!!

I can't wait to hit the gym tonight. I was supposed to participate in a Recovery Walk tonight for our local Drug Court and NAMI group, but...its going to be pouring rain and well....I'm choosing not to. I am not going to take a chance of getting sick right before vacation. I will run a couple of errands and then go home and relax. I did plan ahead and made dinner yesterday (for tonight) just in case it didn't rain...so all I have to do is re-heat!

dgramie
05-24-2011, 07:51 AM
Great pop day yesterday.
Hubby grilled steaks and mushrooms and squash and onion. YUM I am addicted to the veggies.
breakfast- smoothie
lunch - 4 oz of steak and veggies
dinner-?? maybe fish and greens

mj5
05-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Good Morning! I'm a bit sore this am....but it's ok...just proves I put in a great workout last night, LOL!

lottie--sending you ++++ vibes that you get the whoosh on the scale! YEA for loving both jobs!!!

dgramie--Congrats!!! MMM LOVE veggies!

Ok, so I FINALLY figured out the REAL reason why getting past 199 is bothering me so much. Ok, yea, a little because I was there and didn't keep going. BUT...when I was there for those 2 seconds....my dad died. Completely unexpectedly. Like, he went out for coffee (like he did every morning) and never came home. (He had a heart attack and crashed his truck approx 50' from my parents house). At first, it was my workouts that helped get me through....then I slowly backed off on them and eating well. So, yea. It's not just a #, it's what it represents. Once I realized that, I was sad about it, but then thought about how proud my dad was of me then and would be of me now. Not just for taking care of myself, but for everything I do with the kids (my niece's/nephews...his grandchildren....who meant the absolute world to him). I was the "cool aunt" before, but I probably do more with all of them since he died.

Tonight is my night "off" from working out. I am going to do a little clothes shopping for our trip. I can't wait!

DixC Chix
05-24-2011, 09:10 AM
dgramie - It may be the early hour but - what is a great pop day?? Yum grilled veggies especially sweet onion!

melinda - reboot the kitchen!!! :D :lol: :rofl: good one! The scale will be what it will be. You're back on track!

Beverly - Hi! How is the brace and the ankle this am? Its still an early hour so - what is a food yank?? What did YOU get at the plant swap?

lottie - no worries, you'll pop the 230 barrier before you know it! Yay! for feeling better and working longer days!

mj5 - lucky you for planning ahead and getting the evening off.

b1: 2 french toast (eggbeater with dbl fiber WW) topped with truvia and cinnamon, 3 sl thin bacon :o, coffee
b2: mini banana
l: wraps with lc cheese, spinach, pepper, cottage cheese, grapes
d: turkey breast, beans, carrots, egg noodles, skinny cow
E: PLANT THE GARDEN CUZ THE HYDRANT IS FIXED!!
W: plenty

Have a terrifice Tuesday!!

lottie63
05-24-2011, 11:27 AM
walking to/from my doc appts. will be about 4 miles. woooo!

dgramie
05-24-2011, 04:15 PM
dixchix- POP is perfectly on plan day

Struggling today...mind hunger..not need for fuel.

melinda34
05-24-2011, 09:30 PM
:stress:whew! first day back at work after a week and a half...it was a harsh reality!

dgramie - love the grilled veggies, especially when someone else does the grillin'! - YUM
mj - I am so sorry about your dad. I lost mine in 2008, right after I'd dropped 40#...and I have to say that in my grief, my emotional eating put it all back on. Grief is a crazy road - we all take our own path and get to where we are going, but it's a real trip. ((hugs)) to you.
lottie - walking to appts!! that's great!!

did pretty good even with the stress of being back at work, and stress is definately one of my triggers --
B oatmeal w/walnuts & raisins
B2 greek yogurt
L spicy chicken wrap w/black beans & corn salsa, should have had crunchy veggies, but I chose baked cheetos instead
S cottage cheese
D turkey burger, carrots/broccoli/snap peas

will weigh in tomorrow morning....

mj5
05-25-2011, 05:27 AM
Good Morning! Ugh...I am awake MUCH too early....the dogs were restless and wanted to go out and once I'm up, well I'm up!

melinda--Thank you. Sorry to hear about your dad too. I really don't know why I didn't make that connection sooner...maybe I just wasn't "ready" yet. The other thing I find really interesting is, there is a good chance, I will break that "199" barrier on my dad's bday. Interesting. Good luck w/ your weigh in today!

So...three more days of work, then VACATION!!!! I am SO ready. It has been 7 months since I have had a full week off. WAY too long. But covering for my co-workers maternity leave didn't leave me much choice. I am very excited that hubby and I will be spending four days in Boston...no real plans, other than a Sox game (some of you know my hubby is a HUGE baseball fan so he is very excited about that).

Shopping last night was kind of a bust...I found one shirt. Guess that means I'll need to do some shopping in Boston ;)

dgramie
05-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Scales gave up a little over a lb this week, I was hoping for more but will gladly take it. I really need to increase exercise and I know that would help more than anything else.

So who has big plans for the holiday weekend? We are going on a little road trip and hour one way to see grandbabies and then an hour the other way to see the other grandbaby. We will spend the rest of the weekend at home and I plan to make sure we eat healthy the whole time!

mj5
05-25-2011, 10:05 AM
dgramie--Congrats on your loss!

Holiday weekend plans: YES, for a change, LOL! Sunday we are going to see hubby's family and going to music festival/fundraiser. Monday early am we are leaving to go to Boston for 4 whole days!!! I am SO excited! I plan to workout and make healthy food choices while we are away.

DixC Chix
05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
mj5 - I didn't realize you were so close to One-derland as well. Next Monday is you're weigh in?? What a great send-off for your va-ca!! So sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like it will be a bitter-sweet victory.

dgramie - Yay for another pound down!! One pound is a normal loss and took you a deficit of 3500 calories over the past week. Its all those POP days!! (I'm originally from Mich and pop is the term used for soda pop. It just did not compute!!)

melinda - I love those baked cheetos. And a serving seems to satisfy my decadent salty snack needs. Nice menu!

B1: coffee, yogurt, mini banana
L: loaded ham and swiss sandwich, carrots, mini banana
D: pork chop, peas, ??, raspberries, yogurt, walnuts
W: lots!

mj5
05-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Just taking a quick breather from work....phew, two more days after today....I can do it, LOL!

DixC Chix--yep, I am very close. Monday is my normal weigh in day, but since we are leaving early Sunday morning, I will weigh in then. So, we'll see...You are pretty close yourself!

I can't wait to get to the gym tonight. I am sore, but I know a little warm up an some stretching will help sooooooo much. Plus I have been sitting most of the day (NOT used to that!) and I need to MOVE.

Beverlyjoy--thinking about you!

Have a great afternoon!

lottie63
05-25-2011, 09:01 PM
dg: congrats

mj5: Enjoy your plans! If I'm off (I am from the one job, hoping I am from the other, find out tomorrow!) We will be going to cleveland to see Forks over knives.

I'm STILL stuck at 230. I've increased my exercise, my cals, I've changed the way/times I eat my bigger/smaller meals, I am giving in and reducing my daily cals by 200 down to 1300 for the next two weeks to see if that doesn't help.

Auuuuuuuuugh!

melinda34
05-25-2011, 11:36 PM
:dizzy:guess what? I was so running late this morning, I forgot to weigh! So, I'll weigh in tomorrow. still can't believe I forgot!

lottie - :soap: slippery thoughts your way - slippery to get unstuck

mj - I love Boston - enjoy your vakay! - I love the Italian bakeries - I love the pushy old women that work the counters, I love the daily customers - the older looking men who drink their coffee and enjoy a sweet, out on the sidewalks, and of course, I love the treats:cofdate:

DixC - getting closer to Onederland!! go Dixi go!! :goodvibes

dgramie - have fun with those grandbabies :bubbles:

We have dance recital this weekend, really a big deal, then hope to head out to the lake for some sailing and relaxing with a book on the "beach":sunny:
B: scrambled eggbeaters, a couple baked breakfast taters
B2: greek yogurt
L: chicken quesadilla w/ green and red peppers
S: popcorn
D: mixed green salad w/chicken, sm slice of italian bread

dgramie
05-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Great food day yesterday. Hoping for the same today even though Tom is lurking. I cant wait for him to go away for good.LOL
We were blessed yesterday when the storms came through. Just really bad thunderstorms here.
I am excited my squash seeds are sprouting in my garden so I should be eating fresh squash in a few weeks.

mj5
05-26-2011, 09:40 AM
TWO more days of work!!!!!!!!! Then SUPER fun plans this weekend! Zumba Master Class on Saturday...that is going to kick my booty! LOVE IT!

lottie--I hope you will be off from your 2nd job. Have a great time in Cleveland! Grr, frustrating I'm sure, but you'll bust through 230!

melinda--Oops! I've done that before! I LOVE Boston too! As much as I love them, we will be avoiding the Italian bakeries....I am going to do my best to stay on plan while we are away. I don't expect to be perfect, but I don't want to tempt myself too much either.

dgramie--AWESOME!

Jab--How are you? Hope work has settled down a bit.

Beverlyjoy--thinking of you.

So yesterday afternoon things at work were getting frantically hectic. I actually started thinking about skipping out on my workout so I could work late. Ummm, WHAT????? That's what the old MJ would have done in a heartbeat. I quickly reminded myself that it wouldn't solve anything and in fact I would feel worse if that's what I did. I committed to going to the gym. Sent a quick email to my trainer (just as a little insurance that I wouldn't change my mind again, LOL) and re-organized/prioritized things at work. I think I actually worked out a little harder last night. I felt GREAT when I left the gym.

Tonight is zumba and I am very excited about that. I am a little sore, but it will feel great to stretch.

Have a great day!

DixC Chix
05-26-2011, 11:35 AM
Time2lose and Beverlyjoy and Jab - Hope everything is going okay.

Bonnie - Hope you are finding your 'diet legs'.

lottie - remember the scale is only one way to measure progress. Hang in there. I seem to remember you lose in WOOSHES!!

melinda - Enjoy the dance recital - those are precious memories. Sailing, reading and beachin' it for the holiday?? Ahhhhhh... :cool: My sis says sailing is hours of boredom followed by moments of panic!! She and BIL have a sailboat on one of the canyon lakes. The winds are unpredicable at best because of the high cliffs.

dgramie - Stay safe with the weather this strange year!! Boo for a lurking Tom, yay for great food days! Fresh-picked grilled veggies...yumm-yummm.

mj5 - work late instead of working out? You are a better employee because you are balancing work and health. This is for the DH - Goooo SOX--catch Fenway Fever!!

L: tortilla with lc cheese/spinach/tomato/ham, carrots, mini banana
D: chicken stirfry, blueberries, grapes, yogurt, walnuts
E: walk to church for homeless ministry meeting (RT=2 mi), more dirt therapy

lottie63
05-26-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm having an awesome day!

I woke up and did yoga for 30 mins, then made lunch, then bf and I went on a 2 mile walk @ 18 mins a mile.

It's not even 3 p.m yet! Go me! ;) Plus later tonight I'm doing c25k on the bike.

mj5
05-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Hi again!

DixC Chix--You are absolutely right. I am very glad I made the right choice yesterday. I just bugs me that the thought even popped into my head. Oh well, I did NOT listen to it. LOL!!! Oh hubby has it alright....he was checking his inventory of baseball shirts to make sure his favorites are washed and ready for the trip! (And that he doesn't pack any Yankees shirts....that could turn out badly for him.....)

lottie--GO you!!!

I have zumba soon and I can't wait! I really enjoy breaking up my gym workouts with something different, plus we have so much fun you don't realize what a workout it is until its over.

ONE more day of work!!!! I have a few things I have to do, which I will do first thing in the am....then just work on other "stuff".

mj5
05-27-2011, 09:20 AM
Good Morning!! It's FRIDAY!!! I just have to make it through today and then vacation time!!!!!!!!!!! It will be a busy weekend before we leave for our trip, but its all fun stuff, well....except maybe for the packing, LOL! I won't start that until Saturday afternoon--after we drop off the dogs at the kennel. One of our dogs get super hyper whenever she sees the suitcases come out, plus they both try to "help"....yea, not a good time.

Have a great day everyone!!!

lottie63
05-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Okay, throwing my hands up in frustration here.

Still 230 every day it stares back at me, mocking me.

I'm starting a 3 day juice fast today (with protein smoothies since I"m sensitive to low protein)

If this doesn't kick start my loss nothing will. :(

Anyhow, on a more positive note, I'm going to cleveland on monday to see forks over knives!!!!!!!!

here's the trailer, for those of you who haven't seen it, it's a documentary and I can't WAIT!: http://www.forksoverknives.com

enjoy! :D

melinda34
05-27-2011, 07:37 PM
it's friday!!!! whoooopeee!!
I remembered to weigh Thursday and the scale was gracious after my graduation weekend - 216.6
Did some chair yoga at work both Thursday and Friday. plan to do it again next week and add walking the stairs at lunch - I'm amazed how stiff my back is - the chair yoga was actually a challenge....I thought it was just going to be a breeze!
today
B egg on ww english muffin
L carnitas on salad w/salsa
S turkey burger on 100cal bun
d large mix salad w/ l/o grilled chick on top
going to a grad party, plan to nibble on raw veggies & other low cal options.
Have a great weekend!

mj5
05-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Good Morning!!!!

lottie--have a great time!

melinda--CONGRATS!!!

Ahhh, vacation! This morning I have zumba for an hour, then this afternoon is the 2 hour Master Class. I am SO excited!! Then I have to pack and get ready for our trip.

Have a great day!

jab91864
05-28-2011, 09:48 AM
mj~ I hope you have ooodles of fun on vacation!!!!

melinda~ nothing like the reality check of something like chair yoga to emphasize how many muscles we don't use as much as we think.

lottie~ good luck with your fast, it's frustrating I know.

DixC Chix ~ I've been trying to get in lots of dirt therapy between rain drops and work...lol. By 8am today I had planted over 100 plants....in my flower beds. I hope they make it, it's the wrong time for some but my ex was mowing down my flower beds so I had to go dig up and save what I could. Hope to get my veggies in the garden this weekend, finally the night temps are suppose to reach the 50*

dgramie ~ I found a volunteer squash from last year just the other day in the garden, I was amazed that seed made it thru a harsh winter to come back. I know a lot of things do but it was a nice surprise all the same.

Well work is hectic as always. I am off for three whole days.... OMG :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: I have a huge list of chores to get done but 3-days is awesome!!!

I didn't make it to onederland yet but hopefully soon.

I hope everyone is blessed with a FANTASTIC day!!! :D

lottie63
05-28-2011, 10:20 AM
So I came home last night SUPER cranky. I knew it was hunger crank, and I realized if I fasted right before going to cleveland it might be bad once I ate that day stomach wise as I've done it before to 'explosive' results. :( So decided against it.

For another reason to. I need to just accept that this is what my body is doing. I have lost another inch off my waist, and a half inch off my hips in the last three weeks regardless of the scale not moving.

I am doing everything right, I shouldn't be letting this get me down, it's maintenance in training as my one friend says ;) I plan to blog on this topic in a min here.

melinda34
05-28-2011, 10:29 AM
jab- 100 plants? wow. I have dirt therapy, but not THAT kind fo dirt therapy! Gettin' all those chores done will feel good -- at least it does to me. I have a list of chores this weekend too.:dizzy:

just had to post that I survived the grad party last night and made good food choices...even better, I didn't come home and eat after the party (feeling deprived). That was a biggie.

Gonna try to get the lawn mowed before the next round of rain :moo:
Enjoy your Saturday!!

plan for today -
B - scram egg burrito, coffee
B2 cottage cheese & fruit
L salad monster (fresh lettuce from the garden) :) with tuna
D baked chicken, blackeyed pea salad, spinach

lottie63
05-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, I just finished writing my blog post about my stall/acceptance, plz check it out if you have time.

Darkblue
05-28-2011, 09:34 PM
A couple years ago I posted here regularly and managed to lose about 30 pounds during the time I was posting. Then life got in the way again, and I drifted. *sighs* Well, here I am, older, fatter, more arthritic.

I have got to lose this weight. I'm destroying what's left of my joints. I can't keep up with my kids. I look like **** and have zero energy. I don't want my husband to look elsewhere. I don't want to get heart disease like my mom, or die of heart disease like my grandmother. I want to wear nice clothing again. I may have to change jobs in a couple years and I have to look professional. I have all the reasons...I just need to suck it up and do it.

Starting Monday, I'm going back on a diet. I went to the grocery store today and bought healthy stuff--fruit, salad gear, Greek yogurt, whole wheat, tea, etc. The goal is just 20 pounds. 20 pounds seems very do-able, right? And hopefully if I make that I can do 20 more pounds, right?

MJ5, Lottie, and Beverly, it's good to see you again. I'm glad to see a familiar face or two!

See you Monday with diet / exercise accountability!

mj5
05-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Hi everyone! Oh my goodness....that class today was INTENSE! So much fun! Our instructor was chosen to go onstage and dance. She did amazing, of course. She was SO excited to be chosen and we cheered her on and danced our booties off!

jab--Thanks! Enjoy your three days off!!!!! you are SO close, you are going to get there soon!

lottie--Good for you. Easier said than done sometimes, but you have a great attitude!

melinda--Great job last night!

Darkblue--Welcome back! WHEN you lose that 20lbs, you can lose 20 more ;)

I *think* I am all packed, well mostly packed.....the dogs are at the kennel and it is much too quiet here!

I am taking the laptop, so I should be able to check in. If not, then I'll be back Thursday!

jab91864
05-30-2011, 09:14 AM
My chicks are zipping so it won't be long (they poke a hole (pipping) then turn their bodies around inside the shell to poke a line cracking open/off the top half of the shell) It takes a LOT of energy for them to do this and often times they die in this stage because it takes too long and they suffocate or tire trying to unzip the shell. I can hear them chirping in the shell so they are busy .... :dizzy:

Worked all day in the yard/garden yesterday. Today I need to relax a bit more, my knees and elbows are screaming...lol. Tomorrow back to work but I refuse to get depressed about it yet :p

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day!!

melinda34~ good job on the party food and after, it is very difficult once it's put out in front of me.

darkblue~ welcome back... we all gotta start somewhere and probably most of us are re-starts at one point or another. I know I am...lol

lottie~ losing those inches is what ppl notice most when they look at you so keep that in mind when you get blue.

mj~ I hope you're enjoying yourself!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

DixC Chix
05-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Wow! It is so easy to get behind on personals. I hope everyone is having a memorable Memorial Day weekend!

It is my plan to eat at a higher calorie and point level today.
b1: 1/2 eggbeaters & toast sandwich, apricot
b2: the other half, apricot
l: greek yogurt
d: bbq ribs, potato salad, grilled vadalia onions, fresh cut strawberries on angelfood cake
e: pool swimming @ sister's
w: all day

jab - I only read the first phrase of your update and had image of cartoon chicks ZIP-lining in the barn. LOL!! :D

Darkblue - Hi and welcome back!! :cheers: Here's to 20 pounds!!

melinda - you are doing so good!

lottie - let us know how forks over knives was...thumbs up or down?

mj - hope you are having an enjoyable va-ca!!

DixC Chix
05-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Good Morning!! Hope everyone is fairing well after the long weekend.

I want to get back to my normal. I think too much 'weekend' will be showing up on the scale for a few days.

L: ham & cheese, spinach, tomato, onion on ww sandwich round, green beans, cherries
D: ?lean cuisine?
E: I need a day off

lottie63
05-31-2011, 02:19 PM
Okay, so I wrote a review (among other stuff) in my latest blog post about forks over knives, if it's in your city, GO SEE IT! :)

http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/05/forks-over-knives-and-challenge.html

melinda34
06-01-2011, 12:55 AM
:?:wow, is it really Tuesday night already? What's the June post name - so I can find you all again in June?
lottie, i hope I have time tomorrow to read your blog - I want to see fok
Dix - the weekend is over, it's time to buckle down - I know that's what I'm doing!
Jab - can you help those little chickies out? Or is that not a "right" thing to do? I love going to the farm store and watchin those little peepers!! Would love to have some chicks of my own someday, but not in my suburb -- maybe when I get to retire....(*sigh* that'll be a lo-o-o-ong time)
mj - hope you are having a great time!
dark blue - welcome back!!
today:
B: egg/turkey sausage on 100cal english muffin
L: chicken & swiss on wg sandwich round, grapes, orange
S: 4 crckrs w/pimento chz (had to eat something, this was the least offensive snack I could pull together-- it curbed my appetite til dinner)
D: large salad w/ leftover rotisserie chicken breast
didn't get to exercise at lunch today, will really make the effort to work it into the schedule tomorrow.
Goodbye to May -- ****-o-o-o JUNE. Here's to a new month with strong willpower, exercise motivation, and yummy fresh fruits and veggies!! :hun::broc::carrot:

Darkblue
06-01-2011, 11:11 AM
OK, it's June 1st, my psychological starting date! No Memorial Day picnics in sight, no dining out with friends, nothing!

Starting weight this morning was 257.4. Yuck.

I've had a healthy breakfast, will be packing my lunch, will cook at home tonight.

Good luck today, everyone!