South Beach Diet - Frozen Yogurt Question

View Full Version : Frozen Yogurt Question

candle lady
05-01-2011, 05:00 PM
So I stumbled upon a wonderful place today called Favorite Yogurt. My son wanted to try it so we went in and I found a yogurt called Original Tart. The ingredients are Italian Original Yogurt Powder, Skim Milk, Saccrose, Dextrose, and Glucose. There is a counter with all these wonderful toppings and then they charge by the oz. In 1 oz. there is 25 calories, no fat, 25 mg. of sodium, 5 carbs, 4 grams sugar and 1 gram protein....my question is...can we have that???

Thanks for any input.

murphmitch
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Not sure what saccrose is but anything ending with ose is a sugar. So saccrose, dextrose and glucose adds up to a lot of sugar in this yogurt. That's why SB promotes use of using plain yogurt, then adding flavorings.

zeffryn
05-01-2011, 05:57 PM
We have a similar place. They almost always have a NSA flavor that is SB appropriate. I admit that once in awhile,I get a 2 oz. serving of the original tart (it's my favorite) and have it with fresh fruit.

Usernametaken
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
There's a place like that close to my house. I go every other week with my stepdaughter and get a four oz serving (between 75 and 100 calories depending), usually 2 oz of the tart and 2 oz of the NSA flavor, topped with either almonds or rolled oats. It hasn't caused any cravings for me.