Chicks up for a Challenge - Autumn Beauties May Check-In (Anyone is Welcome!!)

Pages : [1] 2

GettinFit
04-30-2011, 05:39 PM
I can't believe May is already upon us. Everyone is welcome to jump right in with your goals for the month of May. Let's all have a great month!!!

The May Challenge:
1. Set a simple weight loss goal for the month of May ~ if you don't feel comfortable setting a weight loss goal, feel free to set a different weight-loss/eating goal (i.e. I will stay at or below 1800 calories every day, etc.)
2. Set a goal of how many days you’d like to work-out in May.
3. Set a goal of how many days you’re going to VISIT THIS THREAD and check in with us. This is important and a great way to stay on track.
4. Anything else you’d like to track here for the month, please do!

Bonuses (Should You Choose To Accept Them…)
On the days that you don't exercise:
•Pick 2 or 3 songs and just dance around to them. Your heart rate will be up and jumping for 10 minutes and you'll feel great (who doesn't like to burn off some energy/steam through dancing?!), or

•Park a little farther away from anywhere you go on that day (work, store, etc), or

•Do both!!

Alright everyone, Let's rock it this month :carrot:

GettinFit
04-30-2011, 05:41 PM
My Goals for May are:

1. Stick to eating right and watch the sodium
2. Do some type of activity at least 5 times a week
3. Post here daily
4. Try more recipes
5. Stay on track every single weekend in the month
6. Avoid weighing myself every day. Try once a week on Friday
[/FONT]

SMSDREAMER2007
04-30-2011, 05:53 PM
The May Challenge:
1. I would like to lose 8 lbs
2. Id say 15-20 (I have to work this around other ppl in the house)
3. post here every day!!!

Great to be here for the start of the month!!

Everlasting
04-30-2011, 06:06 PM
I want to join in here! Looking to be beautiful with my 9 months pregnant belly this autumn. Trying to gain no more than 20 lbs total and be fit to help with labor, and get back to the weight loss afterwards.

1. Gain no more than 2 pounds (pushing for about .5 lb/week... doctor said this is just fine for me).
2. Exercise every day at least 30 minutes.
3. Keep accountable on this log daily.
4. Eat protein with every meal.
5. Keep up with laundry and dishes even when I'm exhausted!
6. Have healthy snacks available and at hand for myself, the kids, and the husband.
7. Dance to (and sing) Shakira music daily when my husband is not home to chastise me. :D

TooManyDimples
04-30-2011, 06:41 PM
May Goals:
Weighloss goal is 10 pounds.
Stay in calorie range of 1200-1600 daily.
This month I'm also going to track my carbs. Net carbs goal is 50-75 daily.
Water intake including green tea 100+ oz per day.
Exercise as many days as possible. Sunday is rest day.
Post on the thread everyday to help me stay accountable!

Emme
04-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for starting this, GettinFit! I have a feeling that May is going to be a great month for us all!

My goals:

1) To see 174. And maybe 173.9, lol!
2) Do some kind of physical activity at least 4 times a week
3) I will check this thread daily and probably post daily, too!
4) This is my birthday month, so I know that one weekend is going to be off-plan (I'm still going to watch what I eat closely, though), but I'm going to push and make the other weekends on-plan.

Good luck, everyone! :)

May 1st ~ 177.6
May 6th ~ 177.0
May 13th ~
May 20th ~
May 27th ~
May 31st ~

konfyoozed
04-30-2011, 07:10 PM
The May Challenge:

1. I would like to be at or below 270 at the end of May.
2. 15 days of working out in May (I know it's low, but I'll be getting married, going on my honeymoon, and helping my new husband move in this month)
3. I will check in daily, minus may 20th thru may 27th (wedding prep stuff + wedding + honeymoon)
4. 80oz/2.5L water (or more) per day!
5. 1600-1800 calories per day.

Stopfat
04-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok--
1) I want to weigh four pounds less.
2) I want to start jogging one day a week and keep going to the gym and burn 300 calories (at least) three days a week.
3)I want to stay below 1400 net calories.

We'll see how it goes!

GettinFit
04-30-2011, 10:00 PM
:welcome: Everlasting, k0nfyo0zed & Stopfat! I'm looking forward to hearing about your successes. Keep us posted.

Emme, Kim & SMS your goals are all great.

I have a feeling we're all going to do a great job too. I can't wait to see where the scale ends up for me.

Emme - I just know we'll be celebrating your 100 pound loss this month.

Monique
04-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for starting the May thread! Hope you're all well! I was just going to write it up but you have it covered :). I've been sort of in maintainance mode...which is better than gaining I suppose :). Here's to a great month for all of us!

Monique

Emme
04-30-2011, 10:59 PM
Hi to all the newbies in the group! It's great to have you all! I can't believe May is here already! This year is really flying by. I have two favorite quotes related to time and losing weight/getting healthy:

*Time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well do something with it.
*A year from now, you'll look back and be glad you didn't give up today.

pattypaw
05-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Happy May!!!

Goals for this month:

1. Lose 4 pounds
2. exercise 5 days a week
3.Visit this thread as much as possible
4. Stay on plan on the weekends!

TooManyDimples
05-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Morning everyone! Happy May!

So my weighin this morning was weird. I was really worried that I was going to be up on the scale, and I was. But only by 2.2 lbs. So yeah, it stinks that I gained, but I gained a lot less then I thought I would so I'm actually really happy with my weighin.

My starting weight for May is 237.8. I'm hoping to make it to the 220's by June 1st. I'm going to weighin mid month so my next weighin will be May 15th.

I hope everyone has a great month! I'm ready to get started. =)

GettinFit
05-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon Beauties,

Kim - I'm glad your W/I wasn't as bad as you thought. Hopefully you'll have a nice loss at your next W/I. Stay strong this week.

Emme - I'll have remember your quotes especially this one "*A year from now, you'll look back and be glad you didn't give up today."

Everyone's goals for the month are awesome! Let's all stay committed and motivated so that at the end of May we can all be a few pounds lighter!

As for as our challenge to stay OP this weekend goes, I'm happy to say that I have done very good. Last night I ended up having 2 glasses of wine and some Chex mix but I stayed in control and didn't overdo it.

Today has been good, in fact I'm having to make myself eat a little more so that I will get in enough calories for the day.

Enjoy the rest of the day :)

konfyoozed
05-01-2011, 03:44 PM
alright. day 1. it's like a blank canvas for an artist. i will paint it with bold strokes of success and awesomeness!

to get started: 275.6 for my "first of the month" weigh in that i track. well i track daily, but i have separate spreadsheets for daily/weekly/monthly. why yes, i am a nerd, thank you for asking!

did my little dance for seeing a new pound down. don't know where i heard it, or if it was something my brain made up but i live by "every pound is a victory, celebrate!" and so i did. my celebration may have looked like frog in a blender having a seizure, but i did celebrate!

got my 32oz jug of water and my fat free, fiber-one yogurt sitting in front of me. yes it's almost 3 in the afternoon. no i haven't eaten yet. yes this is my regular schedule. i usually work 2-11, i maintain my eating schedule on days off. got my wii game to punch air all loaded up and ready to go for my exercise! day 1 is shaping up to be full of success :)

GettinFit
05-01-2011, 03:51 PM
k0nfyo0zed - You're off to a great start and congrats on losing a pound. I agree let's celebrate every pound we lose.

My journal for today:

B: cantelope, skim milk, coffee
S: granola bar, orange, almonds
L: Salmon, roasted asparagas & green beans, 2/3 C whole grain pasta, 1/2 serv 3 Musketeers Minis.
D: Baked chicken, green beans 1/2 C frozen yogurt
Exercise:

Emme
05-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Kim ~ I'm glad your gain wasn't as bad as you thought it was! You were on vacation -- I don't think I could ever stay OP on any kind of vacation! I'm sure the 2.2 pounds will be gone before you know it.

k0nfyo0zed ~ WTG on the pound loss! Don't worry, I am a nerd, too, when it comes to tracking things. :) I just need to be able to see trends and things like that!

GettinFit ~ Props to you for being able to stay in control of your eating and wine! I know you'll do great and your menu for today looks delish! I loooove 3 Musketeers bars...they are actually my favorite candy bar. Isn't it nice to still be able to fit in things we enjoy without freaking out?!

Had a good morning today. Went out to breakfast with hubby's aunt and uncle and I did the best I could (one pancake, sugar-free syrup, eggbeater egg, one turkey sausage patty). I could have eaten about 3x that amount, but I have to tell myself that this menu will still be here after I've lost weight, so I can always come back at a later time and get something that has more calories in it. When we go places, or when I see a food that I haven't had in a long time, I automatically think that I need to get it and eat it because I'll never have it again...which makes absolutely no sense. Now, I'm conditioning my thoughts to "there will be another opportunity to eat those sour gummy worms (my weakness) and they aren't going to disappear from store shelves"...

pattypaw
05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
GettinFit- yay for staying OP this weekend! I did pretty good this weekend too...i admit i did eat 3 little nestle crunch eggs that were left laying around from easter, but that was my only cheat. Much better than the usual weekend snacking. We should do the weekend challenge every weekend. I think it helped me because i didn't want to show up here saying i ate all kinds of junk, like my usual weekends.

GettinFit
05-01-2011, 08:14 PM
YAY Patty! I wouldn't consider the Nestle eggs a cheat as long as you worked them into your calories for the day. The Chex mix wasn't on my plan for last night but I just counted it as a snack.

I think we should keep it going too because it really did help me to avoid binging on junk food this weekend.

I hope we all ave an awesome week :carrot:

Emme
05-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I agree on seeing if people are up for this challenge during the weekends. Those are my sore spots and I feel really good about myself that I was able to stay OP this weekend. It's been a long time since I've really done it! I agree with GettinFit, Patty...I don't see those 3 little eggs as a cheat. It's when you have 3 little eggs five times a day that it ends up being bad! :)

TooManyDimples
05-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Evening Ladies. I hope the first day of May was great for everyone. =) I'm back on track with my eating and fluid intake. Tomorrow I'll be getting back into my workouts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water
Exercise. Rest day on Sundays.

1st~ No exercise, rest day. 1292 calories. 56 net carbs. 104oz water.

Tricia Fierce
05-01-2011, 09:10 PM
1. Track my food intake/count my PointsPlus values every day (I'm a Weight Watchers member)
2. Work out 6x a week (I'm doing the Insanity challenge this month - I believe that its a 6 day/week commitment)
3. My goal is to check in with you all everyday. This is a VERY motivating thread! This newbie is grateful for the inspiration! :D

GettinFit
05-01-2011, 10:07 PM
:welcome: Tricia :wave: Your goals are great ones and I look forward to reading about your successes. This thread has been very motivating for me too. Without these ladies, I know I wouldn't have done so well this weekend.

Kim - Great job on staying on track. You are on your way now.

Tomorrow I start a FIRM Express 30 day rotation. I took my measurements today and I can't wait to see where I'll be at the end of the month.

Have a great evening everyone.

Monique
05-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Good evening, Beauties. Welcome to all the new ladies. I wish you all the very best!

I've been doing a lot of thinking today and I've decided I will try something new and participate in the threads with those doing IF like myself :). I'd like to get into the groove of it and learn from those with years of experience.

So, I hope you ladies understand :). Sometimes, even just switching things up helps you stay on track.

I want to thank you all so much for participating in the threads that I started :). It's already been 7 months for the select few who have been there since we first started in at the end of October, remember? Amazing!

I hope to see you ladies continue with the Autumn Beauties and if you ever need any help with anything....even an idea for a challenge, I'm always here and happy to help. It is because of the wonderful support from you ladies and great fun I had checking in with you every chance I could that I have come THIS far with my weight loss. Never before have I been this sucessful and KEPT on moving forward with it :). Thank you all! I will always be sure to come check in every once in a while and see how you're doing :).

For now...I think I may go start a new IF thread in the "diet" section. They're in need of a fresh thread where IF people can go support each other and cheer each other on. The only thread that exists now is, "Anyone else doing IF?" LOL...so yeah...I'm gonna change that. LOL.

You all rock! Thanks again and to the newbies: you've lucked out big time with these supportive Beauties :).

Monique

phillygirl2011
05-02-2011, 12:33 AM
GettinFit, I toyed with the idea of doing the firm express or turbofire rotation. It would be interesting if we both did it or I could do turbofire and read all about your experience as food for thought for when I do the firm. Haven't decided yet, but I really love Chaleane's energy and that is what is pushing me to turbofire. Oh well....decisions...decisions.

My goals for this month:
Get out of the 200's
Exercise at least 4 days for at least 30 minutes
Take daily walks at work
Keep processed foods to a minimum, if any

GettinFit
05-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Good morning Beautiful People, Happy Monday!

Phillygirl - I'm excited to be startiing my rotation today. I also have TurboFire and I like Chalean as well. I may do that one next month. I chose the Firm to do first because the workouts are shorter and not as many days because I also want to include walking into my workouts this month.

Let me know which one you do and be sure to let me know your results. Did you take your measurements? I'm very excited to see where I end up and the end of the month.

Monique - Please please don't leave us. We enjoy reading your daily posts. Even if you don't get to do personals stop in and let us know how you're doing each day.

How's everyone else doing today? I hope we all have a great OP day :carrot:

Emme
05-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Monique!! Don't dump us, girl!! I belong to at least 5 threads and check into them often. Just because you are in one thread doesn't mean that you can't participate in any others!!

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

GettinFit
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Today's Journal:
B: Greek yogurt, pear, skim milk, coffee
L: Roasted chicken & potatoes, green beans, 3 3 Musketeer minis
S: almonds, coffee w/creamer, granola bar
D: Shrimp, whole grain pasta w/light alfredo sauce, yellow & green squash, dark choc
Exercise: Firm Express Sculpt

Monique
05-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Well, okay. Haha. You girls changed my mind. Emme, you make a good point about it being okay to be apart of multiple threads, etc. I guess part of me felt that I shouldn't because I'm the one who started the Autumn Beauties and therefore I need to be dedicated to only our group. Anyway, I'm at work so later on, I will be back to post my goals for the month.

Have a wonderful day, ladies.

Monique

Everlasting
05-02-2011, 01:20 PM
Good luck with the month of May ladies!

I couldn't check in yesterday... windstorm took the power out, so no internet... But I did eat healthy and protein-ize and get a 40 minute walk in. It was Sunday, so no Shakira (as hubby was home with me all day), and no housework (since it was "celebrate the 400th anniversary of the KJV bible" at church, which meant having a potluck afterward, and sitting around talking for hours).

Today is my birthday, and although I wasn't going to make a cake... the oven doesn't work... the neighbor found out and brought one over. Hubby and I had little pieces with breakfast... little. But it was good, and she used applesauce and a little cool-whip for the frosting, so not too bad! Hubby is bringing home ice cream later he said, but thankfully he is the big ice cream fan and I am not. I've been doing work all morning on my butt, but I need to go out and take some additional photographs later so I know there will be lots of walking. Now DH is out, so time to get on with some music, get some housework done.

Emme
05-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Just stopping in to say hello to all you lovelies today! I'm glad you are sticking around, Monique -- we would miss you too much! :hug:

Everlasting ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :bday2you: I'm glad you got to have a (little) piece of cake! :)

phillygirl2011
05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
No exercise for me today. Tonight was spent fixing meals for the week so at least something was accomplished. I intend to get up and do a mile walk before work.

Gettinfit-how was the new firm workout? which one did you start with? LOl @ the 3 musketeers. Those and peppermint patty has the least amount of fat if you are going to have a candy bar. Its kind of a shame that I know that.

TooManyDimples
05-02-2011, 10:36 PM
Evening ladies. I haven't been able to get on the site all evening and I thought I'd try one more time before bed. Low and behold it finally worked. =)

You have to stick around Monique, don't talk silly. =)

Happy birthday Everlasting! I hope you had a great one.

I hope everyone else had a wonderful day as well!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

2nd~ Biked 17.59 miles. 50 pushups. 1393 calories. 66 net carbs. 136oz water.

Monique
05-02-2011, 11:16 PM
Everlasting...happy birthday to you.

Looks like we're all off to a good start. I stayed on plan today.

My goals for the month:
1. To be strong and stay on my diet plan.
2. To drink more water.
3. To be very close or at the 200 pound mark.

Kim, you're right...just silly talk I was doing.

Monique

GettinFit
05-02-2011, 11:17 PM
Good evening ladies,

Phillygirl - Great job on preparing your meals ahead. I did that over the weekend and put each meal in a plastic storage container. It was so nice to grab one this morning to take for lunch and then when I came home I just heated one up for dinner. I think I will be doing this from now on.

Yep, those 3 Musketeer minis are great! They are 7 for 170 calories. I like to freeze 'em too.

My workout today was the 1st series, Sculpt with Emily. Tomorrow is a rest day so I may do a workout from the TransFIRMation series or walk.

Kim - You biked over 17 miles!!! WOW!! Great job :carrot:

I had a great day and am looking forward to tomorrow.

konfyoozed
05-03-2011, 03:40 AM
i know i'm like, super late posting... but i am here!

slight bump on the scale (0.2lbs) but i'm hoping to see it gone! stayed on plan with my calories today (i try for 1600-1800, and was right in the middle at 1710 today), and got in some exercise time... though not 'conventional' exercise. wasn't in the mood for it. so yes i did just dance around my living room to glee music! it worked. i must have done that for about 20 minutes, but i'd had like 20 minutes of solid work earlier at work when i was doing the lot attendant's job since he wouldn't do it...

gotta love all that mess. :) i promise i'll check in earlier than 2:30am tomorrow!

GettinFit
05-03-2011, 10:23 AM
Good morning everyone,

Mandy - 0.2 is probably just water and I'm sure you'll probably drop it by today. Great job on the dancing :carrot:. Sometimes I'll put on some good music and dance around all by myself too. My heart rate goes up and I work up a good sweat. I think it's a great way to workout.

I hope everyone else is doing good. So far so good for me too. It just feels so good to be back in control of my eating and to not be binging on junk food. I feel so much better physically. I can't wait 'til I start losing some inches and my clothes fit better :dizzy:

Have a great day everyone ;)

Emme
05-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Good morning, Beauties!

I love dancing around in the living room, too. I have a playlist on my husband's AppleTV and it's full of songs that have a fast beat to them so I can just dance around in front of my dog who thinks it's playtime (and sometimes my husband when he's messing around on the internet and isn't watching TV). I look like such an idiot but I really break a sweat!!

I forced myself to go to Zumba yesterday and I'm glad I went. I won't have much of a chance to exercise cardio-wise today, but I'm thinking of hitting a Pilates class at noon.

I hope everyone has a great day. It's Tuesday already!

Edit: You know what, I am going to Pilates today. I have a goal of meeting my goal by July 31st and it's not going to happen by me sitting on my a$$. Geez, I really amaze myself sometimes. "Get a solid, 45 minute muscle class in, or run out over lunch and get freezer bags and paper towels?" Wow, I have ultimate trying-to-convince-myself-to-be-lazy powers.

GettinFit
05-03-2011, 10:59 AM
OK Emme - Go ahead and get your Pilates class in at noon. Come July 31st you'll be happy you did ::carrot:

Today's journal:
B: Light english muffin, 1 sl 2% cheese 2 thin sl canadian bacon, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee w/creamer
S: canteloupe, almonds, greek yogurt, coffee
L: Chicken breast, roasted potatoes & asparagas, 2 3 Musk Minis,
D: Chicken breast, squash, baked sweet potato fries, 2 pcs. dark choc
Exercise: Firm Cardio Party

konfyoozed
05-03-2011, 02:15 PM
hello ladies!

well that .02 isn't gone.... but it didn't bring friends. still the exact same i was yesterday. pesky .02s. i'm gonna give it a serious kick in the pants today!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Just checking in - personals later, I was down 2 lbs last week :cheer: :cheer: Got tons of homework to do atm. Great goals all! lets keep plugging at it!

Emme
05-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Mandy ~ Yes, kick it to the curb! :)

Dreamer ~ Awesome job being down 2 pounds! :)

Grace73
05-03-2011, 05:49 PM
My Goals for May are: God willing

1. to lose 8 pounds this month!!
2. dont give up.. stay focused..
3. post here/ visit here more often..
4. NO White bread/ No pasta
5. walk at least 10 miles a week!

Good Luck ladies!!! dont give up on yourself!

Everlasting
05-03-2011, 06:07 PM
@ Emme: Oh I miss my Zumba classes that I took last fall! They are too good! Keep it up; you'll be happy you did. I felt so good when I started doing hard cardio exercising daily. I can't wait to get back to sweating and exerting myself.

Thanks everyone, I had a nice birthday. And the cake was good. It is weird to switch to eating maintenance calories from what I was at before... I feel bad for eating cake still, but I was still under calorie level for the day!

Husband took me out to eat for dinner so I didn't have to cook or do dishes. :D Sometimes that is the biggest chore of all... I used to have so much energy, but this baby growing in me is leaving me drained by the end of the day. Tomorrow we have the step kids and they are both toddlers... 1 and 3... I know I will get my exercise in and feel dead by the end of the day. Can't wait until Baby is out of me and I can have the energy to play hard with the kids again!

As far as goals... Had my weigh in today and I am the same weight as last week's weigh in, so doing well for maintaining at 196 for the time being. I haven't had much to eat today but I've felt nauseated... did have some vitamins with my eggs for breakfast but nothing much since. Got a LOT of walking in today doing photography around town. Again, its the end of the day and now I have housework to do... baby wants me to take a nap but I think I'll just go to bed early tonight and try to get some stuff done now.

TooManyDimples
05-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Evening ladies!!

Mandy~ Hope the .2 goes bye bye quick. =)

GettinFit~ I completely get what you mean about feeling back in control, the last 3 days have been really good, I never understand why I let myself get off track with all the junk.

Emme~ Good for you for going to Pilates!!

Dreamer~ Congrats on the 2lbs!

Everlasting~ Pregnancy is definitely draining. I remember I was usually in bed before 8pm every night. I enjoyed the time getting to relax a little more then normal, you should too. =)

As for me I had another good day. Today was my daughter's Birthday and I also had a Dr. Appointment so I was busy, but I got my exercise in, all my fluid, and I stayed on plan food wise. I even skipped on the cupcakes. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

3rd~ Biked 17.12 miles. 1372 calories. 58 net carbs. 140oz water.

konfyoozed
05-03-2011, 11:38 PM
i love punching air to exercise! but it makes my arms SO SORE... glad i'm getting the 'walk away the pounds' dvd soon.

also, i found a free app for my android phone called 'hydrate' and it's a very simple app that's sole purpose is to track how much water you drink. YES! i've needed one of these... woo!

Monique
05-04-2011, 01:01 AM
Hey, Beauties. Hope you're all well. I'm doing great, staying on my diet plan...which is hard since I work with food as a few of you know. LOL.

K0nfy, I have the Walk At Home dvd as well....so much fun! That hydrate app sounds awesome. Sometimes I'm bad about keeping track or even remembering to drink enough so that would help.

Emme, good for you for being strong and getting that Pilates in.

GettinFit, good job staying on plan. You will lose those inches in no time.

Kim, great job staying on plan as well and you skipped cupcakes? Amazing. Sometimes, I can be so easy to give in to sweets.

friday, great goals. I wish you much success.

Goodnight ladies.

Monique

GettinFit
05-04-2011, 10:24 AM
Good morning Beauties,

Happy Wednesday! Two days 'til the weekend :carrot:

Mandy - I like the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs too. I have quite a few Leslie Sansone workouts in my collection. You'll enjoy 'em. Which ones did you get? I'm an exercise DVD addict. If I'd just do everything that I have and be consistent, I'd be a slim & fit lady :dizzy:

Monique - We're so proud of you for staying on track. I can imagine it must be really hard for you working around food all day. Hang in there. It sounds like the IF is a good thing for you.

Great job Kim resisting the cupcakes and on staying OP. We are all doing so good and you all are so motivating to me.

I'm doing good. Yesterday I got my Firm workout in, I ate very good and I got my water in. I'm feeling smaller today so I guess my hard work is paying off.

I hope everyone else has a great day!

GettinFit
05-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Today's journal:
B: Quaker oatmeal pk, 1/2 C skim milk, coffee
L: Salmon, pasta w/light alfredo suace, green beans, 2 3 Musk Minis
S: granola bar, orange, 1 serv almonds
D: English muffin pizza's, 2 pcs dark choc
Exercise: Firm Cycle 1 Cardio & Sculpt

Emme
05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Good morning, ladies :)

It sounds like everyone is doing really well! GettinFit ~ I love that you said you felt smaller -- that's awesome!! I'm sure your hard work is paying off.

A few of you were talking about hydration and water, and I sometimes struggle to get enough water in because sometimes it tastes boring. There is a new water enhancer called Mio (found in the juice aisles, or by the crystal light) and it's a liquid that you squirt into your water to make it flavored. It's about $4.00 for a small teeny bottle, but it goes a long way as you only need one or two squirts. There are different flavors like fruit punch, berry pomegranate, peach tea, strawberry watermelon...I need to hydrate after working out and sometimes water just doesn't do it -- I went to pilates yesterday and drank 2 bottles of water with the Mio in it within 20 minutes...that did the trick!

I hope you all have a great day! :)

konfyoozed
05-04-2011, 02:15 PM
GettinFit - i got the 'ultimate collection' which has several different workouts on it, i thought 3, but i think it's 5... *checks* i was wrong both times. it has 4.

1 Mile Get Up & Get Started- 18 Minutes
2 Mile Brisk Walk-30 Minutes
3 Mile Advanced Walk- 51 Minutes
4 Mile Super Challenge- 60 Minutes

i also got the "5 mile fat burning walk", and "walk away your belly fat"

TooManyDimples
05-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Evening Ladies! Another great on plan day for me. I hope you all had a great day as well. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

4th~ Biked 17.16 miles. 1378 calories. 68 net carbs. 136oz water.

GettinFit
05-04-2011, 08:39 PM
Evening ladies,

Great job Kim on another great day! You're doing an awesoe job.

k0nfyo0zed - Enjoy those workouts :exercise:

My day was good too. I just finished my Firm workout and eating was very good today. I'm also trying something new starting tonight. I''m tempting to cut off my eating at 7PM. We'll see how it goes.

Emme
05-04-2011, 11:32 PM
GettinFit ~ I have kind of a cutoff too...mine is 8:00. I go to bed by 9 or 9:30, so eating too close to bed makes me feel bad for some reason. :) Good luck with it!

I hope everyone had a great day today. My week is going by very slowly for some reason -- I can't wait until the weekend! I have been very tired this week and have been depending a lot on Pepsi Max (0 calorie drink) to help get me through my afternoon. I hope to break this pop cycle soon. I went a few months without drinking pop, but now I am back at it. At least it is zero calorie! :)

konfyoozed
05-05-2011, 01:38 AM
okay. so. as far as my goals go...

2/15 on workouts
water today = 81.8oz
calories = 1551 (i didn't make it to 1600... but i couldn't force myself to eat anything else late at night.)

really gotta get on those workouts. i can't wait to get my DVDs!

Tricia Fierce
05-05-2011, 02:25 AM
Hi ladies,

First, let me just say that I LOVE this thread, for real! I can just feel the motivation surge in me as I read through your posts, seriously. One of my goals was to check in everyday and I haven't quite done that...but here I am today! I have been, however:
1. Tracking my WW points plus values daily
2. Keeping up with my goal to workout everyday with my Insanity DVD.

I am going to add another goal to my list, and that's to practice positive self-talk daily pertaining to my health goals. Every once in awhile the negative self-talk starts...and its not helping me get healthier, that's for sure. I don't think it's healthy to suppress what may come to mind naturally but I know that positive self-talk, or affirmations, can be as powerful as (if not more powerful than the negative stuff. Mindset is so important!

I found some affirmations that I plan on saying in the mirror everyday, within a half-hour of waking up (right before I work out). The affirmations are from this amazing woman named Patricia Moreno - she has this whole movement called "satiLife" - I recommend looking her up if you aren't familiar. The affirmations are below - I'm guessing they could be helpful to you too:

My life is an adventure

It gets better and better

Radiant health is mine

It's my pleasure

Yes I can

I am meant to succeed

I am never giving up

I have a purpose within me

I take responsibility

Excuses no more

With discipline I am free

I am here to live

I have lots to give

Power, confidence, courage, peace

It's now unleashed

From within me

One day at a time

The choice is mine

I AM that I AM

Love personified

Emme
05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Tricia ~ That is an awesome thing to do!! Affirmations can help sooo much. There is a show called Addicted to Food about people with all different kinds of eating disorders living together in a treatment center and the last episode showed them standing up in front of everyone after eating their meals and saying three things they loved about themselves (even if they didn't), like "I love my inner thighs, I love my hips, etc." You are right: negative talk can really creep it's way in and it's nice to be able to counter it with positive affirmations. Thank you for sharing!

GettinFit
05-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Good morning ladies,

Hang in there Emme, it's almost Friday! Yep I'm in the same boat with the diet pop. Mine is Coke Zero. I absolutely love the stuff and I get it free at work, yep all I want!!!

Tricia - I'm glad you like this thread and can feel the motivation too. I like the fact that everyone is always so positive here. Great job on staying within your points range and on getting your workouts in.

Well as far as cutting off eating at 7 last night, I didn't quite make it. At about 8 I had a few peanuts. Tonight I will try harder to stick with my cutoff time of 7. Otherwise, I had an OP day yesterday. Today should be a breeze too.

Have a great OP day everyone.

pattypaw
05-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Good morning! Sounds like everyone is having a great start of the month here. my weigh in this morning was 200.6!!! I'm getting a little antsy to get below 200. I haven't been under 200 since before i got pregnant with my 2 yr old almost 3 years ago. Her birthday is this saturday and i decided instead of having cake i'm going to go buy just enough cupcakes for the kids (We aren't having a party and my hubby isn't a cake eater) because if there is cake here, i will eat it.
Time to get ready for work...I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Emme
05-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Patty ~ That is really impressive! I would have bought a cake and eaten it all. Cake is my worst enemy! Way to work around the birthday cake and get cupcakes instead. Good call. :)

GettinFit ~ You get all the Coke Zero you want free all day long?!? Oh, that would be so fun... :)

SMSDREAMER2007
05-05-2011, 03:56 PM
thanks all, just a quick check in. My lappy blew last night, and the other lappy lost its display ugh. Awesomeness. Down to my last one now :\

TooManyDimples
05-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Yay for the weighin Patty! It has to be exciting being so close to under 200. =)

Hope everyone had another good day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

5th~ Biked 17.05 miles. 1447 calories. 54 net carbs. 136oz water.

jessica2231
05-05-2011, 08:16 PM
My goals for May:

1. Run non stop to the bf's house (about 3 miles)
2. Plan my meals completely and stay at 2000 cal's/day
3. go to the gym six days a week for a full month
4. Be happy Now!
5. lose 10lbs.

Emme
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Jessica~ Welcome to the thread! Your goals are awesome...I love the one about being happy now -- it's important to stay positive on our weight loss journeys! :)

SMSDREAMER2007
05-06-2011, 12:37 AM
:welcome: jessica

konfyoozed
05-06-2011, 01:08 AM
punched air for 30 minutes today! workouts 3/15
water for the day = 96.9oz
calories for the day = 1715

p.s. thanks everyone for the the feedback on the DVDs!

Riestrella
05-06-2011, 07:44 AM
I'm a little late! But I'd love to be involved in this =). Feels like I'm involved in loads of challenges but I wouldn't have it any other way! Should start making a list of them! Anywhoot!

Weight Loss Goal: 182 lbs (Total of 2 lbs - Nice and easy, might bump this down if I reach it before the end of May!)
Starting Weight: 184 lbs

I weigh in every Sunday, so that's when I'll pop into the thread!

May 1st - 184 lbs
May 8th -
May 15th -
May 22nd -
May 29th -
May 31st -

GettinFit
05-06-2011, 10:08 AM
Good morning and Happy Friday :cb:

:welcome: Jessica and Riestrella, your goals are great and we look forward to reading about your successes and pop in as often as you can.

WOW Patty! I can't believe how close you are. I hope you make it real soon. I can't wait to get there too.

Ladies, do we want to do the weekend challenge to stay OP over the weekend again? I really did me good last weekend. I need to be more consistent with logging my daily food here too for accountability.

Have a great day everyone

Emme
05-06-2011, 10:11 AM
GettinFit ~ Yes, I will join you for the weekend challenge. I won't be able to do it next weekend b/c that will be my birthday weekend and we have a lot of things planned, so this weekend would be awesome. Count me in!!

I WI at 177.0 today which is 2.2 pounds less than last Friday. I bumped down my calories a bit and bumped up my exercise a little.

I hope everyone has a great Friday. I'm so happy it's the weekend, and I'm looking forward to staying OP this weekend! :)

GettinFit
05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Great job Emme!!! :carrot: I think I may need to bump my calories down a bit too. This week I averaged around 1800-1900 and I think that's way too much for me. Last Fri I weighed 224.8 and this week 224.2. Even though I'm down .6, it's not enough at this stage of my journey. This coming week, I'm going for 1400 calories.

OK, we're on for the weekend! I WILL stay OP and I WILL NOT let the scale discourage me.

GettinFit
05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Today's journal:

B: large orange, cappuccino
L: Salad w/turkey breast & reg salad dressing
S: TBD
D: TBD
Exercise: FIRM Express Cycle 1 Cardio

SMSDREAMER2007
05-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Just checking in, My scale and measuring tape have quit being bipolar YAYY!!! thats so friggen awesome to me!!

Yes, I have been scale obsessed this week LOL. i don't like it when objects go bipolar. It actually gave me the same number EACH TIME i stepped on it!! still waking up here *yawn* more later :hug: all WE CAN DO IT!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Emme
05-06-2011, 01:26 PM
This week I averaged around 1800-1900 and I think that's way too much for me. Last Fri I weighed 224.8 and this week 224.2. Even though I'm down .6, it's not enough at this stage of my journey. This coming week, I'm going for 1400 calories.

OK, we're on for the weekend! I WILL stay OP and I WILL NOT let the scale discourage me.

That is still a loss which is awesome!! Any loss is better than a gain. Maybe try for a range starting at 1400 and going up to 1500? That way if you are ever around 1423 or 1463 it's not panic-mode or anything like that for going over 1400. Just a suggestion. That's what I have to do b/c some days I'm fine eating 1600 calories, and other days I want that extra little snack so I come in around 1675. :) I'm sure you will do wonderfully!!

Ok, I'm OP with you for the weekend. We can do this...we did it last weekend! :)

GettinFit
05-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Yes, that sounds like a great idea. I'll keep on experimenting until I get it right.

pattypaw
05-06-2011, 02:54 PM
count me in for the weekend challenge!

Emme
05-06-2011, 03:35 PM
count me in for the weekend challenge!

Yay! It's much easier to deal with the weekend when I know that others are trying hard, too!

konfyoozed
05-06-2011, 03:57 PM
it's been SO BUSY at work today. non stop, i didn't get a second to breathe for over 4 hours! and you know what? i had a freakin cookie. YES I SAID IT. i had a cookie. a wonderful, soft and chewy peanut butter cookie that was worth every single one of it's 130 calories. because it made me feel better for a minute, and i needed that.

dinner will likely be a hot pocket and from-the-freezer brussels sprouts, cause i'm tired and it's a 'microwaved dinner' kinda night.

TooManyDimples
05-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Evening Ladies! Still truckin along just fine.

I'll be around this weekend so I'll help keep you ladies accountable. =)

Emme~ Congrats on the 2.2! That's awesome. And have I mentioned how much I love the quote in your siggy? Everytime I read it makes me smile, and it also really gets through to me if I'm having a rough day. I think I'm going to write it out on paper and tape it to my fridge. =)

GettinFit~ A lose is a lose girl! Be proud of it. Hopefully adjusting your calories will make a difference.

Konfyoozed~ The best kind of cookie is the one you REALLY need. And it's great you have no regrets. I'm trying to learn more and more that the occasional indulgence isn't the end of the world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

6th~ Biked 17.59 miles. 1458 calories. 70 net carbs. 136oz water.

konfyoozed
05-06-2011, 09:46 PM
changed my mind about the hot pocket. stopped and picked up a rotisserie chicken on my way home from work. ate both wings and a drumstick. and a bunch of creamed spinach. and a piece of angel food cake. AND I WAS STUFFED. but it was yummy. anyhoozle. no workout today. 10-7 shift, eat, sleep, back to work for a 6-3 doesn't leave much room for it. but since i'll be out at 3 tomorrow, i'll make sure to get one in.

workouts = 3/15
h20 today = 93.8oz
calories today = 1485

calories are quite a bit below 1600, but i could be off on my calorie estimate of the chicken, and i might have a granola bar (90 cals) before i go to bed. long day. i just wanna sleep!

phillygirl2011
05-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Hello All!
I've not fulfilled my workout goal for the week. Food was on point though. Oh and I did park further away but only because I didn't feel like paying for parking. I also made a point to take daily walks on my break at work. I really have to link the two if I want to reach my goal. I have to catch up on the other posts during the weekend.

phillygirl2011
05-06-2011, 10:16 PM
what is the weekend challenge?

Emme
05-06-2011, 11:04 PM
konfyoozd ~ It's great that you had that cookie and worked it into your calories! Nothing to be ashamed of there! :) I do the same thing. A few weeks ago it was a Cadbury Egg that was 170 calories. Sure, it only took 10 seconds to eat it, but man was it worth it!

Kim~ I'm glad you'll be around this weekend! :)

Emme
05-06-2011, 11:06 PM
what is the weekend challenge?

Just staying OP (on plan). Weekends can be hard for a few of us (I use it as an excuse to chow down since it is the weekend), so we decided to challenge each other to stay OP during the weekend...join us if you'd like! :)

GettinFit
05-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Good Saturday morning everyone,

Sorry I didn't get to check back in yesterday but I was very busy and after work I went out with some friends. We went dancing so I burned lots of calories. I am staying OP today not matter what. Today I have an event to go to but I plan on staying OP. I will get in lots of walking. Tonight I may be going dancing again so I should burn even more calories. I will also be doing my Firm workout shortly.

I'm glad you all had a good Friday too.

k0nfyo0zed - You did great to stop at one cookie! Not sure if I could have done it. Great job!

Have a great day ladies.

Emme
05-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Good morning, everyone! :)

GettinFit ~ I'm with you for staying OP today! Good luck at the event...I'm sure your walking and dancing will burn off a ton of calories!

I am feeling a pretty lazy day today as far as cardio is concerned. I'm going to be helping my husband in the basement for the majority of the day (putting up drywall, etc.), so at least I'll be up and moving around. If the clouds go away I'm going to try to go on a long walk later this afternoon.

I hope you all have a great Saturday! :)

konfyoozed
05-07-2011, 05:07 PM
dropping in to say I GOT MY DVDS!! yay! i'll get a super awesome workout in tonight with leslie sansone! yes!

TooManyDimples
05-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Pretty average day for me. Hope it was a lovely Saturday for everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

7th~ Biked 17.03 miles. 1543 calories. 57 net carbs. 140oz water.

konfyoozed
05-08-2011, 12:08 AM
woo! i just did a 2 mile workout with a leslie sansone DVD and that was the fastest half hour EVER. i loved it! i can so see myself doing this on a regular basis. she seems so REAL not like other dvd workout videos i've seen/owned (does that make sense?)

anyway, daily goals:

workouts: 4/15
H2O = 96oz
calories = 1640

Riestrella
05-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Weight Loss Goal: 182 lbs (Total of 2 lbs - Nice and easy, might bump this down if I reach it before the end of May!)

May 1st - 184 lbs
May 8th - 184 lbs (No Change =( )
May 15th -
May 22nd -
May 29th -
May 31st -

Emme
05-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Hope everyone is having a good Sunday! We stopped by our favorite little ice cream shop today, but I didn't get anything -- I thought of our challenge to stay OP this weekend, so when we got home I had one of my Skinny Cow ice cream cups that was only 150 calories. And it actually hit the spot. :)

GettinFit
05-08-2011, 07:45 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Mandy - I'm glad you're enjoying your WATP workouts. Keep up the great work!

Riestrella - Yep slow and steady will win the race. Have a great week.

This weekend has been so so for me. Not as good as last week but not as bad as the previous weeks. I didn't do any binging but I didn't get my workouts in and I wasted too many calories on junk food. Next weekend I will try harder to avoid junk food and focus on whole foods. I'm looking forward to a good week and am hoping to have a good loss on Friday.

Have a greaat week everyone.

TooManyDimples
05-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Emme~ good for you for skipping the ice cream.

Gettinfit~ I'm glad you had a "so so" weekend instead of a bad one. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

8th~ No exercise, rest day. 1458 calories. 70 net carbs. 126oz water.

konfyoozed
05-09-2011, 12:14 AM
not a horrible day considering my difficulty with staying in my calorie range on early work days... plus, i got a workout in :D (might add another 90 cals -bringin it to 1746- if my tummy starts growlin before bed)

workouts: 5/15
calories: 1656
H2O: 92oz

Riestrella
05-09-2011, 08:10 AM
This weekend has been so so for me. Not as good as last week but not as bad as the previous weeks. I didn't do any binging but I didn't get my workouts in and I wasted too many calories on junk food. Next weekend I will try harder to avoid junk food and focus on whole foods. I'm looking forward to a good week and am hoping to have a good loss on Friday.

Have a greaat week everyone.

Better to have a so so week than a bad one! For me if I don't work out then I don't eat any unhealthy food, because I know it won't be burnt off! So if I do a hardcore work out and feel like slipping up a little bit, then I give myself a tiny treat. Not the most strict of plans I know, but I want to enjoy life too!

Have a good week, hope we both lose something!

Emme
05-09-2011, 10:17 AM
'Morning, ladies.

GettinFit ~ It doesn't sound like you had that bad of a weekend! Even if you didn't get exercise in, and even if you didn't eat as much whole food that you wanted, it sounds like you didn't binge or go hog-wild (like I like to do!), so I would consider that a plus. I snacked on a lot of junk, too, but it fit into my calories, so I don't feel bad about it...you shouldn't either!! :)

It sounds like everyone else is doing well, too. Riestrella ~ I agree with you on the eating a little more after a hard workout -- if my body is still actually hungry at the end of the day after a major workout (talking stomach getting ready to growl, or just feeling absolutely famished even after downing a ton of water), then I'll have a little extra food...I don't think an extra 100-150 calories on a given day is going to affect my weight loss...it's when the extra 100-150 calories every single day start coming up that I have to stop and tell myself no! LOL!

GettinFit
05-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Good morning ladies,

I'm off to a great start today. I'm getting my water in and eating has been good. I'm easing my way back into the old WW Momentum plan since I know it so well. I've lost a good bit of weight in the past following the old program and I know the points values like the back of my hand so I'm going back to that. My total calorie intake will average 1480 a day plus I'll earn Activity Points for exercise.

Emme - great job on the ice cream!

Yep - Riestrella - I am going to up my exercise this week too. My body needs it in order for me to drop the pounds.

Congrats to everyone who stayed OP over the weekend. I just know we are going to have an awesome week! :carrot:

konfyoozed
05-09-2011, 01:22 PM
hello everyone!

today and tomorrow off for me, meaning... this is my weekend. the hard stuff. haha. i'll be spending it, mostly, with my mom. but there will be shopping and cleaning and gardening involved as well. plus i will make time to exercise today... not so much for the calorie burn, but more because i usually feel much more energized afterwards.

hope everyone has a good day!

GettinFit
05-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Mandy - Enjoy your days off!

GettinFit
05-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Just checking in this afternoon to say my day is going great! It's after 4 and I still have 12 points left for the day, plus I'll earn some activity points.

I hope everyone else is having a great day!

My journal for today:
B: bagel thin w/Laughing Cow (3pts), skim milk (2), International Cafe Swuisse Mocca (1)
L: Turkey on Sandwich round w/1 sl cheese & honey mustard (4pts), cuccumber & tomato (0), 1 Hershey Treasure (1)
S: small banana (1), coffee (2), Special K Protein Snack bar (2pts) orange (1)
D: Black bean soup (3) bagel thin w/Laughing Cow (3) Klondike Sugar Free bar (4)
Exercise: Firm Cardio Party
Total Points Used = 27
NO NUTS TODAY!!! - Managed to stay away from the nuts.

patchworkpenguin
05-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I would like to join. I need more accountability, although I've been trying, I haven't lost any weight and I don't want to get frusterated.

1. I can eat only when I am truely hungry and I must stop when I'm approching full. I must make wise choices and be mindful of portions. No overeating, no boredom/emotional eating, and no binging!

2. I have planned exercise for every day but usually miss one workout a weekend day.

3. I will visit every day! Probably post more often! :dizzy:

4. I will post my menu at the end of the day, for all to see and comment! :D

Emme, Happy Birthday! What day was/is it?

Mandy, Tomorrow {10th} is our 14th Anniversary. Best Wishes for you both. Which Leslies did you get?

GettinFit, Thanks for starting the thread. Good to see you again.

konfyoozed
05-09-2011, 09:18 PM
happy anniversary to you! i can't wait to make milestones like that with my hubby to be :) i got these dvds:

Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home - 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk (the one i opened and tried first - you can start on any mile, select 1-5 on the menu, or select to do the whole 5 mile workout which is about an hour)

Leslie Sansone: Walk at Home: Walk Your Belly Flat (a 3 mile intense cardio walk with some ab-centered exercises at the end)

Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection (which is a combo of 4 of her DVDs + resistance bands) includes:
- 1 mile get up & get started - 18 minutes includes warm up and stretch
- 2 mile brisk walk- 30 minutes - includes warm up and stretch
- 3 mile advanced walk- 51 minutes -includes warm up and stretch
- 4 mile super challenge- 60 minutes - includes warm up and stretch

GettinFit
05-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Evening ladies,

Hi Penguin - Glad to have you join us in this challenge. This is a very motivating group! We'll be looking for your menus each day. I need to be more diligent about posting mine too.

Mandy - I hope you enjoyed your day off today.

Emme - I cut my eating off at 7 tonight and so far, so good. I'm only drinking water with crystal light mix.

I stuck to my menu plan today and I did a Firm workout tonight.

patchworkpenguin
05-09-2011, 10:36 PM
GettinFit, thanks for the welcome.

Mandy, Walk Your Belly Flat is one of my favorites. I have some of the others you mentioned also. I used to do Leslie exclusively for cardio but then a very nice person gave me her old treadmill, and I've been using that.

Here's today. I'm getting hungry again so there may be an add-on snack later. I don't really like breakfast so I'm working on that; I'll usually drink a coffee, then wait then have an early lunch.

9am~iced coffee with protein powder + 2 vitamins {other than coffee I only drink water or milk, so I don't post the water, but will post the milk}

10am~openfaced roast beef sandwich = 5 slices roast beef, 1 slice colby cheese, 1 slice homemade bread + melon

1pm~2+ cups cereal {HN Cheerios + HN Chex} + 2 c milk

5pm~OutBack Steakhouse {Ann Celebration!} 3 slices bread/butter, starter salad, green beans, 2 slices pork tenderloin and few bites of sweet potato. {took potato and 2 slices of pork home for tomorrow.}:D

10pm~ 1 cup grapes {April helped! <---} + 1/4 cup peanuts {more or less}

Emme
05-09-2011, 10:54 PM
Welcome, Penguin and happy anniversary! Thanks for the birthday wishes...my birthday is this Sunday the 15th. It's also my sister's birthday, but she is four years younger than me. We were born on the same day, but four years apart. My dad always jokes that his birthday is in August, and so...well...you get where that joke is going...LOL...grosses me out every time. :)

GettinFit ~ Good for you for not eating after 7! I folded and had a sugar-free jello pudding at 8:00 tonight.

Mandy ~ Enjoy your 'weekend' !

TooManyDimples
05-09-2011, 11:03 PM
Another good day. =) Tired.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

9th~ Biked 12.17 miles. 20 minutes kickboxing. 1387 calories. 52 net carbs. 156oz water.

GettinFit
05-09-2011, 11:10 PM
Penguin - Great job on your dinner and Happy Anniversary.

Emme - It was tough as I really wanted to snack but then I looked at how fat my belly has gotten and was able to stick to my plan for today. I chewed a piece of Extra mint chocolate chip gum and that satisfied me. I can't wait to see how close you get to your 100 pound loss this week!

GettinFit
05-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Kim - I missed your post. WOW you have been doing an awesome job with your biking! You should be tired. Have a great evening.

patchworkpenguin
05-10-2011, 12:30 AM
GettinFit, Love that Choc Mint gum! I had grapes and some peanuts for a snack, so will go edit my post.

Emme, snicker on your Dad's joke. Dad's are like that, LOL. I'm not sure I would like sharing my Bday, but then my sis and I don't get along much either.

Kim, Great job on all the exercise. Hubby wants to start biking but I have to admit he's more excited about this than I am. I like having both feet planted on the ground. Less danger when I fall over.

Tricia Fierce
05-10-2011, 01:58 AM
My May Goals:
1. Track my food intake/count my PointsPlus values every day
2. Work out 6x a week with Insanity
3. Check in with this thread daily
4. Say daily affirmations in the morning

So since I last posted days ago, I have not been doing too hot with #3 though I have been reading everyone else's posts daily - congrats to everyone. This weekend I was on plan more or less - today, not so much! I didn't even log my intake (going to do that now before I sleep).

Hope everyone has a great day on plan!

GettinFit
05-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Good morning everyone,

Tricia - It's nice to hear from you. Sorry yesterday wasn't so good for you but today is a new day and hopefully it's going to be a better one for you. If you feel the urge to go off your plan, just stop in and post before you do.

Yesterday was a perfect OP day for me! I'm looking forward to another great day today. I've started with a filling b'fast and am downing water right now. Since I started back with the WW Momentum plan, I'm feeling much more in control. I can't wait 'til I get back in the two teens!

I brought my workout clothes with me to work today so I hope to get to Stone Mountain to walk before going home today. That is such an intense workout for me because of all the inclines.

Have a great OP day everyone.

GettinFit
05-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Today's journal (26 Pts Avail)
35 FPs Remaining for the week
B: 100 Cal English Muffin, 2 slices RF cheese, skim milk & coffee w/SF International Cafe Coffee Mix (6 Pts)
L: Baked chicken breast, squash (3pts) coffee (1pt)
S: Nature Valley Granola bar (4pts) sm banana (1pt) orange (1pt) rf string cheese (1)
D: 3 slices RF turkey on sandwich round w/sl cheese (4) sm Oikos greek yogurt (2) 1 dk choc (1)
Exercise: Walked 45 mins

Emme
05-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Emme, snicker on your Dad's joke. Dad's are like that, LOL. I'm not sure I would like sharing my Bday, but then my sis and I don't get along much either.

We're pretty close, so we've never minded. Some family members used to get us identical clothes when we were little for our birthdays and we were always like, "um, hello!! we are not twins!!"

So since I last posted days ago, I have not been doing too hot with #3 though I have been reading everyone else's posts daily - congrats to everyone. This weekend I was on plan more or less - today, not so much! I didn't even log my intake (going to do that now before I sleep).

Hope everyone has a great day on plan!

Hi Tricia! Good to hear from you and have a great day! :)

I brought my workout clothes with me to work today so I hope to get to Stone Mountain to walk before going home today. That is such an intense workout for me because of all the inclines.

GettinFit ~ That is awesome! It's so nice that you have that right there for you!

patchworkpenguin
05-10-2011, 10:59 AM
Emme, my sis and I were 4 years apart also, looked nothing alike. She's slender and blonde and I'm stocky and brunette {even though she's older, now I'm taller, LOL}, but my Mom used to dress us alike sometimes. We'd have matiching jackets or dresses. :dizzy:

Gettin, were you affected at all by the tornados or storms of the past few weeks? Good job on the perfect day!

Bread dough is rising, laundry is started, I need to exercise soon, Dad is coming over for lunch, and Hubby is coming home early!

konfyoozed
05-10-2011, 12:11 PM
i got my exercise and my water in yesterday. i have no clue on the calories though, cause i got into a major squabble with my fiance last night and once the words were said and we parted ways (still not resolved) i probably ate the whole box of wheat thin type crackers, with peanut butter. only because i didn't have ice cream to cool my anger. so glad he doesn't make me mad very often, but this one was a doozy. seriously. how do you tell me you don't have your 3rd groomsman when the wedding is less than 2 weeks away? then tell me it's because you 'forgot'.... and oooh telling me he forgot about the wedding he insisted on both tore me apart and made me super angry. it was a baaaad fight. *sigh*

Monique
05-10-2011, 01:55 PM
Good morning, Beauties. I hope all you mothers had a wonderful Mothers day on Sunday.

TOM is here for me..ick! I'm never im the mood to be completely on plan during this time.

Glad to see you ladies doing well.

Monique

patchworkpenguin
05-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I did 30min of kettlebells and 50 min of yoga this morning. Hubby made it home just in time to see Dad leave, but he and I have the rest of the day together.

Mandy, Hubby uses 'I forgot' a lot and it drives me nuts!

GettinFit
05-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Hello ladies,

Penguin - Great job getting your exercise in early. I sure wish I could get mine done early in the day.
Thankfully, I wasn't affected by the tornadoes. The north and south ends of the metro area got hit hard but the Stone Mountain area was spared.

I hope you had a great lunch with your dad.

k0nfyo0zed :hug: I hope everything work out for you. Hang in there.

Hi Monique - It's good to hear from you. Hopefully, once TOM is gone you'll be back in your groove. How's IF going?

phillygirl2011
05-10-2011, 07:37 PM
Glad to see everybody's still chuckin along. I've been out of the loop for a few days. My sweetie and I spent some needed quality time together this weekend. I have not worked out as much as I'd like. I have seminar's to attend the majority of this week and I am super drained right now.:dizzy: I am going to bed for much needed rest with expectations of resuming my plan tomorrow.

Monique
05-10-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks for asking, GettinFit..well, I lost two pounds..but it was from gained pounds so I can't count it. LOL. You know how that goes....it's up and down and up and down. I could be putting in more effort but the great thing is, every day is a fresh new start and chance to turn things around.

Hope all is well with you as well...

Monique

patchworkpenguin
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Hubby and I went on an hour-long hike today. Some pictures.

Me and Hubby on Mother's Day http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj427/penguinspics/05-10-2011020.jpg

Wold River from today's hike http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj427/penguinspics/05-10-2011006.jpg {note the brown water. The tree in the foreground shows how high the flooded water was, the base is brown then suddednly leaves appear. }

Necklace I made for Mom. http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/jj427/penguinspics/05-10-2011013.jpg

TooManyDimples
05-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I. Am. Exhausted.

I've been trying to get some serious spring cleaning done. Today I cleaned all three of our bathrooms. I went to war with soap scum... and barely won. My arms were already sore from kickboxing yesterday, and by the time I was done with the last bathroom I was so tired. That was this morning and I was so close to not working out, but I decided to suck it up. I did my usual biking time, my pace wasn't much slower then normal, so I felt good about it when I got time. So now I'm so ready to crash, but it's Biggest Loser night.

Thanks GettinFit and Patchwork. Patch, I actually have a stationary bike so it definitely is easier when I just go at it in front of the tv with my ceiling fan over head. =)

Mandy, sorry to hear about your fight. Men are so clueless sometimes. Hope you guys have made up.

I hope the day went well for everyone!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

9th~ Biked 12.17 miles. 20 minutes kickboxing. 1387 calories. 52 net carbs. 156oz water.
10th ~ Biked 16.71 miles. 1329 calories. 69 net carbs. 140oz water.

phillygirl2011
05-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Penguin,
Thanks for sharing your pics! That necklace is so pretty! You are very gifted to have the ability to make that.

GettinFit
05-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Good evening ladies,

Phillygirl - I hope you get your much needed rest tonight and I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

Penguin - Your pics are nice. I love your Mom's necklace. My cousin & one of my best friends are into making jewelry and they have some gorgeous beads. I keep saying that I'm going to try it but I can never find the time. Glad you and your Hubby had a nice hike today.

Monique - Great job on getting those 2 off. Just try hard to keep it going. For me it's been up and down too. This time it's no more up for me! I am so tired of being fat.

I had a great 45 minute walk at Stone Mountain this evening. I wanted to come home and do a Firm Ab workout afterwards but I was too drained. The temp was extremely warm today after having been cool for a while so the workout drained me.

GettinFit
05-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Kim - I missed your post. Whew you have a reason to be exausted too. You accomplished a lot today. Yep I'm here watching the BL too. Actually I'm going back and forth from Dancing with the Stars & BL.

Emme
05-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Hey everyone! Hubby is watching game 5 of the Bulls/Hawks series, so I'm surfing the web for a bit. I tried a new class today called On The Ball and it was brutal: 15 minutes of squats and pulses against the wall, 15 minutes of pushups, and 15 minutes of legwork...way too much for me over my lunch hour...but I'm glad I went because I didn't do any other kind of exercise today. :)

Penguin ~ Thanks for sharing pics! I make the occasional bracelet and earrings, and it's a nice way to relax!

It sounds like everyone is doing really well. I'm so proud of all of us! :cheer: I am pretty hungry tonight, even after finishing dinner, so I'm going to take a quick shower, and then maybe do some crunches while watching the Bulls game. I get nervous when I watch them anyway, so maybe it will help me burn off some energy -- LOL!

GettinFit
05-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Emme - I forgot about the game tonight. You know I'm behind the Hawks ;)
I'm so proud of us too. We're all rockin it. I hope we all have good W/Is this week.

patchworkpenguin
05-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Emme, I give up, LOL, why what that sweatfest called On the Ball? Did it use a stab ball, at least??

GettinFit, I'm too cheap to buy the really expensive beads, but looking/shopping is sometimes a lot more fun than the actual making. I just started using transparent fishing line, which drives me batty, but is worth the aggrevation in the end. Hubby and I hiked in the shaded woods but it was very muggy. yuck!

Phillygirl, thank you, that's very sweet of you to say. Glad to see you here! :hug: I like your Cathe avatar. Is that froim STS?

Kim, great job with the cleaning and workout! I've been walking around barefoot and noticed the grit on the hardwoods. I guess I need to vacuum! sigh

Monique, great job on those two lbs.

I started re-making an anklet. I made it last year, but the thread broke at the end of the season so I'm remaking it in fishingline. Mostly I got into making jewerly because I have a hard time finding bracelets and anklets that fit me. The storebought ones are all too small. Although, buying the beads and making it myself is usually a lot cheaper.

Emme
05-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Emme, I give up, LOL, why what that sweatfest called On the Ball? Did it use a stab ball, at least??

Penguin -- LOL...I guess I should have explained it more!! We had to lean against the ball (against a wall) and do squats up and down the wall, then we had to lay on the top of the ball and roll out until our toes were just on the ball and then do pushups, then we had to lay on our backs while putting the ball between our feet and lifting the ball up with our feet to our hands (and back down, like a big sit up), etc. It was pretty intense!

GettinFit ~ Yes, we are nervous that the Hawks are going to cream us!! My husband has been a die-hard Bulls fan ever since he was a kid, so he really gets into the games...almost too into the game!!

patchworkpenguin
05-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Today's re-cap ~ I feel I did well today. Didn't overeat and was hungry each time. Got a lot more exercise than I expected :dizzy:. And finished all my to-dos!

menu
8am~ 2 c milk + 1/2 scoop protein powder + vitamins

11:30~ 1/2 turkey sand = 5 thin slices turkey + slice colby + Miracle whip + 2 slices homemade bread
1/2 cup grapes + 1 cup melon

5pm~1/2 protein bar {hubby and I were starving after our hike so we split one while I was making pizza}

5:30ish~ 4 slices homemade pizza= 1/2 crust mix, 5 frozen meatballs, sliced so they don't roll off, 1/2 cup sauce, 1/2 cup peppers/onions 1 cup Mozz cheese. {Hubby's side had everything but the meatballs, he likes pepperoni}

10pm~ 2 cups Honey Bunches of Oats + 1-2 cups milk? {April got the soggy part}

Exercise
30min kettlebells
50min yoga
60min hike in woods

Emme, since your workout was called On the Ball, I suspected there was a stab ball involved. Are you going to try that one again?

GettinFit
05-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Good morning ladies,

I'm so excited that we're all doing so good! You all are so motivating!

Emme - Looks like the Bulls creamed the Hawks last night :(

Penguin - Looks like you had an awesome day yesterday. I hope you have a great one today as well.

I'm excited because I took a peek at the scale this morning and I've lost what I gained plus a little more so I should show a loss at Friday's W/I :cb:

Emme
05-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Emme, since your workout was called On the Ball, I suspected there was a stab ball involved. Are you going to try that one again?

No. :) It's so gross getting that sweaty and then going back to my office. I don't mind doing yoga or pilates over my lunch hour because it's not as bad, but this had me wiping sweat off my face after 10 minutes.

GettinFit ~ It was a nerve-wracking game until the 4th quarter...another game tomorrow night! :)

I am doing good this week -- very hungry, but I'm assuming it's because I dropped my calories last week and this week. I just keep drinking water and that seems to help.

GettinFit
05-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Wed 5/11 - 26 Pts
35 Weekly Flex Pts remaining
B: 1 bagel thin w/Laughing Cow (3pts) milk (2pts) General Foods Int'l Cafe mix (1)
L: sandwich round w/RF turkey & cheese (4pts) cuccumber & tomato(0pts) 1 WW Whitmans choc (1pt)
S: 2 sm bananas (2pts) granola bar (4pts) coffee (1)
D: Subway Veggie Delight sub w/cheese & RF dressing (5pts) SF Eskimo ice cream bar(4pts)
Exercise: Firm Cardio Sculpt Blaster +2 APs

patchworkpenguin
05-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Both my parents are coming for lunch today. They bring sandwiches so I don't have to fix anything special. On other news, Hubby found a tick on his leg last night. Guess who got to pull it off?! He had sprayed with bug stuff but only his arms. New rule! spray everywhere!

Emme, I have a tip for you. Baby Wipes! Great way to take an 'instant' shower, they smell good, and good for your skin too!

Gettin, good job on your loss!

konfyoozed
05-11-2011, 12:51 PM
i could have sworn i posted here last night, but it's gone... yesterday i was on plan for calories, got my 6th workout in and 92oz of water.

wonder why my post ran away.

GettinFit
05-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Penguin - Thanks for the tip on the baby wipes. I could have used one today. We had a fire drill and I had to walk down 11 flights of stairs and then stand out in the heat for about 30 mins. It would happen on a 90 degree day :mad:

I hope everyone else is having a great day. I'm a little hungry this am so I'm going to eat lunch earlier than usual today (I usualy eat around 1). I sure hope it holds me 'til dinner tonight. I do have some string cheese & yogurt here in the fridge in case I can't make it.

patchworkpenguin
05-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Mandy, I'm not saying you are this ditzy but I have a habit of thinking I hit submit and hitting new posts before I stick around long enough to see if it actually posted. Then coming back and wondering what happened! :dizzy:

patchworkpenguin
05-11-2011, 06:13 PM
Feeling tired today. I did Leslie's Walk off Belly Fat.

Two funny stories. Dad was telling me he was helping Mom with a broken DVD player and grabbed a DVD to try it out. He opened the case and this long red thing jumped out at him! It was a workout DVD with a stretchie band. Kinda like a 'can of worms'.

Second funny story. Hubby asked me to make a cake for our Anniversay. Okay, so I decided I didn't want a cake hanging around tempting me so I would make cupcakes, and freeze the rest. You know when they tell you to crack an egg in a little bowl then put it in the mixer. New reason why. I dropped the egg in the running mixer. Shell and all! So I had to stop the mixer and dig the shell out of the dry mix. I think I got it all, LOL:p

TooManyDimples
05-11-2011, 07:39 PM
Another day down.. =)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

11th ~ Biked 17.9 miles. 1522 calories. 59 net carbs. 136oz water.

patchworkpenguin
05-11-2011, 11:50 PM
Today's recap ate a little too much at dinner. I skipped my afternoon snack because I wasn't hungry until just after I started my workout DVD:mad:, so by the time I finished that and made dinner I was starving, but stopped eating before I went crazy!

Menu,

9am~ 2 c milk + 1 scoop protein + vits

11:30~ other 1/2 of yesterday's turkey sand + melon

5pm~ 2 slices bread/butter + 2 cups {homemade} Chicken Veggie Alfredo + rosemary + romano cheese {chicken veggie alfredo is what it sounds like; frozen chicken strips and frozen veggies cooked together then add canned alfredo sauce. Mom gave me some fresh rosemary which I snipped on top + the romano cheese.}

8:30~ butter/yellow cupcake + TB choc icing.

Exercise,
Leslie's 3 miles

konfyoozed
05-12-2011, 12:37 AM
another day on plan for me! no work out cause i got home super late, and who wants to exercise at 11:30pm? not this girl. that's for sure.

calories - 1568 - low today because i skipped the workout.
H2O - 90.7oz
workouts, still 6/15

Tricia Fierce
05-12-2011, 01:28 AM
My May Goals:

So while I did the above today (well I guess yesterday technically, but I just got home from work!) today was the first day this month where I went WILDLY off-plan in terms of my daily Points values - that's what the weekly allowance is for, however! Today was my first day doing the official Insanity 60-day challenge and I don't think I was mentally ready for my physical response to such an intense workout. I was so HUNGRY - for my WW people I tacked on 5 Activity points today! So hungry and without properly planning for the hunger I ate junkfood that I haven't eaten in a LONG time... what's done is done, however, and tomorrow (today) is a new day!

I should have checked in with you guys before I picked up that donut, for real!

Congrats to everyone staying on plan and also to those of us who wont let your stumbles stop our progress!

To patchworkpenguin: Happy Anniversary!!
To k0nfyo0zed: Girl, I hear you - I am in no mood to workout when I get in at this time!!

Ok, last thing before I go - I wanted to share with you all a beautifully written blog post about a woman's journey towards appreciating and loving her body. I found it to be so inspiring and I hope that you will find some inspiration there too. Because I'm new I'm not able to share links yet, but I highly recommend that you google "spin your story: in appreciation of my body" (should be the first entry that comes up on the search).

:goodvibes

GettinFit
05-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Good morning beautiful people :)

It's Thursday and 1 more day til the weekend :carrot:

Tricia - Yep, that's what those weekly bonus points are for and great job on earning 5 APs! Keep us posted on your Insanity challenge.

Penguin Great job on managing the 1 cupcake too!

k0nfyo0zed - I'm with you on the working out that late. It's hard for me to do it after 8PM or before 9AM. I really am going to start getting my body used to doing some workouts early in the am before I head out to work. I think I'll start out by doing some WATP or Firm Express DVDs. I just don't want my body to get used to the same routine.

I had a great day yesterday. I can't believe how easy it has been for me this week. I took a peek at the scale this am and it read 223.8 so I've lost everything I gained back and some. Now I just have to keep it going.

This morning I was so frustrated with myself because everything I tried on was too tight. That really motivated me to keep going.

I hope everyone has a great Thursday and let's all stay 100% OP.

GettinFit
05-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Today's Journal
Total Pts 26
Used 23
B: honeydew melon (1pt) Bryers YoCrunch 100 Cal yogurt (2pts) milk (2pts) coffee w/Maxwell House Int'l Coffee mix (1pt)
L: Baked chicken breast (3pts) squash w/RF cheese (1pt) 1 dk choc(1pt)
S: Nature Valley granola bars (4pts) banana (1pt) Oikos choc greek yogurt (2pts)
D: Subway Veggie Sub (5)
Rest day from exercise

Emme
05-12-2011, 11:39 AM
It sounds like everyone is doing awesome!

Tricia ~ That is a really nice blog! I read through it and it was very inspiring.

GettinFit ~ Good for you for losing what you gained and then some! Onward and downward, as I like to say. :)

I am up a pound today (I always gain weight when I ovulate...hey, that rhymes), so who knows what is going to happen with my WI tomorrow. I hope everyone has a great Thursday! :)

konfyoozed
05-12-2011, 01:59 PM
emme - i always show a gain around ovulation too. then i lose quickly for a couple weeks, only to have it bounce back up for TOM. it was frustrating at first, until i recognized the pattern

Emme
05-12-2011, 03:03 PM
emme - i always show a gain around ovulation too. then i lose quickly for a couple weeks, only to have it bounce back up for TOM. it was frustrating at first, until i recognized the pattern

The same thing happens to me and it can be so frustrating at times! :mad: That's why I weigh daily -- I need to see what is going on with my body!

patchworkpenguin
05-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Afternoon, ladies! I did 65min of weights {Cathe's High Reps DVD} today. I almost skipped the abs but stuck with it. I had equpiment everywhere. I kept it neat in the beginning but about halfway through I just dropped everything where it was, unless I had to move it. Good thing Hubby is late coming home of he might have tripped over the barbell walking in the door.

SMSDREAMER2007
05-12-2011, 07:39 PM
I totally failed. I am hoping im getting TOM soon (I have pcos so dont get it regularly) cause yes, I overate this week, I did it alot, I jsut coudlnt stop, but I dont see how i ate 12000 cals extra!! maybe 2000 extra or POOOSIIBLY 300 but NOT 12000 yet the scale says im up 3 lbs :?: i thought maybe waterweight, but ive been downing water and tea like crazy and nothing. Sigh

Emme
05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Dreamer ~ Don't beat yourself up!! You burn calories just by breathing everyday (almost 2,000 calories at your height/weight), so even if you did eat 12,000 calories, then you've burned off 6,000 just by doing nothing but breathing over the course of three days...and you would have burned off more because you have to walk around. I'm sure it is just waterweight. I overate a few weekends ago and gained 3 pounds, but by day 7 it was all gone. Don't beat yourself up...stay positive!

TooManyDimples
05-12-2011, 08:59 PM
Evening ladies.

GettinFit ~ I'm glad you're doing so well and the scale is being your friend. =)

Dreamer ~ It probably is still mostly water weight. Be patient and it will go away again.

Penguin~ Sounds like a good workout!

Emme~ Hope that pound is gone tomorrow!

As for me I had another good day. I was planning on doing kickboxing all week but with all the cleaning I've been doing I just don't have the upper body energy. Next week I'm planning on cleaning all our carpets so I'm probably not going to be ready to up the exercise still. Oh well, I'll get there.

Tomorrow evening we're going to a "spring fling" event. It's supposed to be kind of like a big date night I think. Food and all. I haven't decided how I'm going to handle it yet. I'd rather eat before I go, but I don't want to look weird not eating while everyone else is... so I might just eat a smaller lunch tomorrow and then just make sure I eat things that I can try to figure up after I get home.

Well, I hope everyone had a great day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

12th ~ Biked 17.2 miles. 1394 calories. 72 net carbs. 136oz water.

GettinFit
05-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Good evening ladies,

Dreamer - Hang in there. I'm sure you'll drop back down soon. It probably is just water weight. Keep on drinking your tea and water.

Penguin - Great job on your awesome workout.

Kim - I love kickboxing too. My problem area is my middle area and I find that it really helps the core area. Good idea to eat light tomorrow so that you can eat with everyone else tomorrow night. Just drink as much water as you can before you eat. Enjoy!

I had another good day. It was my off day from exercise. My muscles are sore from my Firm workout yesterday. I'm going to tempt to get up early tomorrow to do a workout before going to work. It's so hard for me to workout on Friday evening.

patchworkpenguin
05-13-2011, 12:39 AM
Recap, I had two seperate times today where I just wanted to eat something for the sake of eating something. I managed to resist both times; and noticed it gets easier each time I resist. Judith Beck calls this exercising my 'resistance muscle".

7:30 ~ protein shake + vits

12:30pm~ leftover pork loin and sweet potato

2pm~ salad= 2 cups iceberg and spinach, tomato, dried cran, baby carrots, romano cheese, Kraft Asiago/Parmasan dressing {yum}

6pm~ openfaced roast beef sand, baked beans, + grapes and peanuts

65min weights.

~~~~~~~
Thanks for the encouragement on the workout. I've been trying to do harder workouts for the past few weeks, hoping that bumping up my exercise will budge the scale. This is also TOM week.:(

Dreamer, Give it a few more days before you panic, That few extra lbs will disappear soon. Its discouraging when we are working hard and our body fights us. Start fresh and move forward!

Kim, don't stress out and overthink your plan. Just enjoy yourself at the fling! If you aren't eating as much you can talk to everyone else!

Emme, I always get snarky when I ovulate. Almost as bad as TOM! Because I need raging hormones twice a month???

konfyoozed
05-13-2011, 12:45 AM
another late night, another missed workout. i will definitely get them in over the next 3 days, i will not be getting out so late!

workouts: 6/15
todays H2O = 90.7 oz (goal: 80oz)
calories = 1680 cals (goal 1600-1800)

Emme
05-13-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, my WI was this morning and I was at 177.2, so that's up 0.2 since last week. I did see 176.2 throughout this week, but I am ovulating and my water weight is sticking around. Here's to next week!

My birthday is Sunday and we have a lot going on, so I am going to do my best to stay OP. Of course, I am going to have a piece of cake on Sunday, and I am not going to eat half of it -- I'm going to eat the whole thing -- LOL! :)

GettinFit
05-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Good morning ladies and Happy Friday :broc:

I'm so ready for the weekend.

Penguin - Great job!!! You're right it does seem to get easier each time. I guess you just get stronger. I also have the Beck Diet Solution book & Workbook and I really like it.

k0nfyo0zed - You can make up for the missed days. Hope you have a good workout today. Looks like you're doing a great job in all the other areas though. :bravo:

Emme - 0.2 is nothing and since you know why it's up, I wouldn't even worry about it. You'll probably have a huge loss next week!

I was down 1.8 from my last W/I. I'd gone up over the weekend because of eating salty junk food but I lost what I gained + 1.8 so hopefully, I'm on my way down now. This weekend I plan to stay within my points range but if I need them I still have 35 bonus points to use between Friday-Sunday or I will lose them. I will be going out with friends tomorrow night so I may splurge on some wings & wine ;)

I hope everyone else is having a great Friday.

Emme
05-13-2011, 10:27 AM
GettinFit ~ That is awesome that you dropped 1.8!! :cheer: Good for you! Have a fun weekend...wings and wine sounds awesome! :)

GettinFit
05-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Today's journal
26 Pts
Used 8 Bonus Pts
27 Bonus Pts Remaining

B: Key lime Greek Yogurt (3pts) skim milk w/International Cafe Mix & coffee (3pts)
L: Sandwich round w/rf cheese & turkey breast & honey mustard (4pts) salad greens w/feta (1pt) bacon bits (1pt) FF raspberry vinaigrette (2pts) 1 dark choc (1pt)
S: Bryers 100 Cal Strawberry YoCrunch (2pts) Nature Valley Granola Bar (4pts) coffee (1pt) Baked Cheetos (4) red wine (2)
D: Blackbean soup w/lf cheese (3pts) Crackers (3pts) Eskimo SF Ice cream bar (4pts)
Exercise - Firm Cardio Dance Express (Got my workout in first thing this morning)

GettinFit
05-13-2011, 03:14 PM
OK ladies,

Who's up for another weekend challenge to stay OP?

I did great with the challenge weekend before last but not so good last weekend. This weekend I want to stay 100% OP.

patchworkpenguin
05-13-2011, 03:58 PM
TOM is kicking my butt today. I promised myself that if I got on the TM steady state I could stop after 30min, so at least I got that finished. I do feel a little better now. :) I've started negotiations with myself for a second workout later in the evening, LOL.

Hubby is in Wash DC, trying to fix a broken airplane. The good news is that he got his promotion!!! We aren't sure when he's going to start; sometime in the next few weeks. The 'powers that be' are still ironing out details. His days off and hours will change.

Hubby took tomorrow off so he and my dad could work on the pipes under the house.

SMSDREAMER2007
05-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Good news..that gain from the 4 bad days this week is gone!!! bad news..probably didn't lose anything this week :\

TooManyDimples
05-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Hey ladies! It's late but I wanted to update my day real quick before I get to bed. The dinner tonight went well. I made awesome choices. Everything I ate was on plan foods and I think I did a decent job with calculating the amounts of things I ate. I might have even over shoot it a bit. The desserts they had were sooooooooo good looking, but I didn't give in and I was really proud of myself. =)

Hope you all had a great day, enjoy your weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

13th ~ Biked 17.01 miles. 1243 calories. 51 net carbs. 126oz water.

patchworkpenguin
05-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Not a particually good day for me. TOM and stress got to me so I ate a few things just for the sake of eating...bad Penguin. I did win the arguement with myself...and spent another 30min on the treadmill!

8am~ protein shake {added banana} + vits

11am~ 1/2 turkey/roast beef sand + salad... like yesterday's

2pm~ choc protein bar + melon {did I eat something else???}

6pm~ 2- 3 c cereal + milk

did 60min on Treadmill

Hope we all have great days tomorrow! :dance:

konfyoozed
05-14-2011, 01:00 AM
got a workout in tonight! yay!

workouts 7/15
calories: 1662
h2o: 95.7oz

GettinFit
05-14-2011, 10:31 AM
Good morning ladies,

Kim - WTG on staying so in controll last night and on resisting the dessert! :cheer: You're doing an awesome job.

Penguin - I'm sorry your day wasn't as good as you wanted buy you deserve a pat on the back for forcing yourself to do another treadill workout. Hopefully today will be much better for you. Hang in there!

k0nfyo0zed - Great job on the workout!

So far I'm having a good day. I did McDs for b'fast but I had an oatmeal & small coffee. I need to calculate my points but I'm sure it's not that much. I'll probably do Subway for lunch. I may do a walk today instead of the Firm. I'll be going dancing tonight so that will be a workout too.

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday.

Emme
05-14-2011, 10:35 AM
OK ladies,

Who's up for another weekend challenge to stay OP?

I did great with the challenge weekend before last but not so good last weekend. This weekend I want to stay 100% OP.

GettinFit ~ Wish I could join you this weekend, but I'm chowing down! :) I already ate like a pig yesterday and I am really sick (I think from maybe a combo of the food and a slight cold?!), and tonight we're going out for dinner, and tomorrow is birthday cake at my parents' house. Good luck to you, though!! :)

Good news..that gain from the 4 bad days this week is gone!!! bad news..probably didn't lose anything this week :\

Dreamer ~ Yay!! Those 4 pounds went away quickly! I knew it was probably just water weight...it's ok if you don't lose weight this week...just stay positive!

Hey ladies! It's late but I wanted to update my day real quick before I get to bed. The dinner tonight went well. I made awesome choices. Everything I ate was on plan foods and I think I did a decent job with calculating the amounts of things I ate. I might have even over shoot it a bit. The desserts they had were sooooooooo good looking, but I didn't give in and I was really proud of myself. =)

Dimples ~ I'm so happy for you that you were able to stay OP with the dinner last night. You should be very proud of yourself!

Not a particually good day for me. TOM and stress got to me so I ate a few things just for the sake of eating...bad Penguin. I did win the arguement with myself...and spent another 30min on the treadmill!

Penguin ~ Good for you for attacking that treadmill!

got a workout in tonight! yay!

workouts 7/15
calories: 1662
h2o: 95.7oz

k0nfyo0zed ~ You go, girl! :carrot:

I probably won't be on too much for the rest of the day...helping the hubby with the basement and then getting ready for my night out. He won't tell me where we are going, so it will be a surprise! Have a great Saturday, everyone!

GettinFit
05-14-2011, 10:38 AM
5/14 Journal

26 Pts
28 Used
25 Bonus Pts left

B: McDs Oatmeal (5pts), sm coffee, flav creamer (1pt)
L: English muffin pizzas (5pts) 2 dark choc (2pts)
S: orange (1) Popchips (3) almonds (2) granola bar (4)
D: cucumber (0) string cheese (1), wine (4)
Exercise: Firm Express Cycle 4 Cardio

TooManyDimples
05-14-2011, 08:33 PM
Penguin~ I hope today was a better day for you.

Emme~ Sounds like you have a great Birthday weekend planned! I hope you're enjoying it. =)

As for me, another day down. Tomorrow is my mid month weighin! I'm excited but I'm also trying not to get my hopes to high for an awesome number. My hamstrings have been really sore the last two days so I might have a little water weight because of that.. I also think I might have been a bit dehydrated on my May 1st weighin so I might not see as low a number tomorrow as I'd like. Any loss is a good thing so I'm going to try not to beat myself up too much if it's not as good as I'd like. I've had a great first half of the month so I really can't complain.

I hope everyone had a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

13th ~ Biked 17.01 miles. 1243 calories. 51 net carbs. 126oz water.
14th ~ Biked 16.59 miles. 1404 calories. 58 net carbs. 140oz water.

konfyoozed
05-15-2011, 01:11 AM
workouts 7/15
calories: 1450
h2o: 92.9

no workout and low cals today... headache and unhappy tummy for some reason since after lunch. :(

patchworkpenguin
05-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Hubby didn't get home until 10am Sat morning, and had only gotten an hour of sleep, so he slept most of Sat, but then we had a nice night of movies and spaghetti to celebrate his promotion. Good news is he won't have to take these unscheduled trips anymore! Dad is coming over today to help with the plumbing.

Good news, I lost a few lbs this week, bad news is I'm back to where I was before TOM!

Grace73
05-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Hello Ladies..
here I am late again.. Had some bad money issues.. which took me back off routine.. as I cried a few days. then realized.. Im still alive.. I still need to be healthy....
and summer just around the corner.. so im going to try this again!

My Goals for May
Lose 8 pounds.
Cut out bread
Add more liquid.
and walk 5 miles a week minium!

hope everone has a good day!

GettinFit
05-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Hello ladies,

Friday - Welcome back. You're right you still need to work at being healthy. I hope things get better for you soon. Hang in there and post as often as you can.

Penguin - You hang in there too. You'll probably have a big woosh when TOM is gone. I'm glad you had a nice dinner with your hubby.

My day was good. I'm happy to say that I stayed totally OP over the weekend. I'm looking forward to another great week.

GettinFit
05-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Today's Journal

26 pts
10 Bonus pts left after today. I lose these

B: grits (3) cheese (1) bacon bits (1) skim milk (2) creamer (1)
L: WW Smart One Sante Fe Rice & Beans (6) WW Dessert (3)
S: orange (1) 2 dark chocs (2) pop chips (4)
D: Boston Market - Chicken leg (1) creamed spinach (6) corn bread (4) green beans (0) smoothie (6)

Emme
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
Hi ladies! I hope you are all doing great. Well, it's been a birthday weekend filled with no exercise and lots of food, so I'm afraid I'm going to take a hit this week with my WI. I'm just going to keep plugging away...hope you all had a nice weekend! :)

TooManyDimples
05-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Evening ladies! Well it was a good day. For my weighin I am down 6.4lbs. =) Super happy. I've been reading some stuff about carb refeeds and how they can help boost weightloss so I decided what the heck and upped my carb intake a bit today. Back to the regularly scheduled program tomorrow.

I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

15th ~ No exercise, rest day. 1520 calories. 105 net carbs (refeed). 104oz water.

Grace73
05-16-2011, 07:23 AM
Getting Fit! Your so positive go girl go.!!. I noticed Grits on your breakfast I love grits.. Im going to have to get some instant ones.. Im a yankee who moved south, and thats been one of my favorite things!!
Emme!! Happy Belated Birthday!!
KIM GREAT job on 6.4 pounds awesome!
Well its monday im back to work.. usually mondays and wed are the worst for me. I get hit hard at work.. But i brought my work out clothes down, and im planning on doing a mile on the treadmill when i get home!
Hope everyone has an awesome day!

konfyoozed
05-16-2011, 07:35 AM
morning everyone! yesterday was super busy, so i didn't have time to check in. but because of the wedding shower and going out to dinner with my fiance last night since i hadn't seen him in several weeks, i didn't really count anything either... anyway, back on plan today!

GettinFit
05-16-2011, 10:36 AM
Good morning everyone,

I can't believe Monday got here so fast!

Kim - :cp::woohoo: Great job girl. You are rockin it.

Friday - Yep being a southern girl, I like grits too. I love to put a slice of RF cheese in it and sometimes I'll add some bacon bits or have it with canadian bacon or rf pork bacon and it is a very filling breakfast. I hope you had a better day yesterday. Hang in there.

Emme - I hope your w/i is not too bad but I'm glad you got to enjoy yourself.

Mandy - I'm glad you had a nice weekend too and I hope your shower was a success.

I'm looking forward to a great week. Today I'm planning on a low point day since yesterday was a high point day because I used up some of my bonus points to eat at Boston Market.

I hope everyone has a great OP day :cp:

GettinFit
05-16-2011, 10:43 AM
Today's Journal

26 Pts
35 Bonus pts

B: Quaker Instant Oatmeal (3pts) skim milk (2pts) coffee w/creamer (2pts)
L: Chicken breast (3pts) Squash w/rf cheese (1pt) WW choc candy (1pt)
S: Bryers YoCrunch yogurt (2pts) granola bar (4pts)
D: Chicken (3pts) green beans (0pts) dessert (2pts)
Exercise- Walk 45 mins at Stone Mtn. (weather permiting)

Emme
05-16-2011, 12:19 PM
Kim ~ Awesome work on the +6 pounds down!! :cheer: That's awesome!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-16-2011, 04:17 PM
just checking in ;) hey yalls. Im foind great looks liek yall are too woot woot! keep up the AWESOME work. I hop you had a BLAST at the wedding shower mandy!

patchworkpenguin
05-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Running errands and stuff today. I'm hopeful that the Power Tower exercise/barre I ordered will arrive today, but sometime this week for sure. Bad news on the plumbing end, they got the fixtures and pipes changed but it didn't fix our problem, which is a clogged drain. Somebody let their nylon scrubbie glove go down the drain and its stuck. Draino and the like won't help because its not organic.:eek: The tub/shower drains but very, very slowly; so I can tell this is going to be a long drawn out thing.

GettinFit
05-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

Penguin - I'm sorry about your plumbing issues. I hope it's not too costly to fix it. I hope you're having a great OP day.

Hi Dreamer - I hope all is going well for you too.

patchworkpenguin
05-16-2011, 05:42 PM
GettinFit, we are trying the 'fix it yourself before we have to call someone'. We've tried snake-ing the pipes {I even gave it a shot!}. We don't want to have to call anyone and spend $$$ until we have to. Dad, who has more experience, has a few more ideas for next weekend.

I read a few threads about 'stalled weightloss' and the suggestion of upping protein seemed common to them all. So I'm trying that for a while. TOM seems to be getting in my way a tad but the next few weeks should show some results one way or the other.

TooManyDimples
05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

15th ~ No exercise, rest day. 1520 calories. 105 net carbs (refeed). 104oz water.
16th ~ Biked 12.95 miles. 20 minutes kickboxing. 1497 calories. 64 net carbs. 156oz water.

Grace73
05-17-2011, 06:43 AM
hi girls
off 2 work I go!
I hope everyone has a great day.. stick to your plans!!!
:)

konfyoozed
05-17-2011, 07:40 AM
for yesterday:

workouts 8/15 (woohoo!)
calories: 1610
h2o: 84.5oz

yesterday was pretty good considering i spent 7-4 at work and 5-midnight with my fiance. :) (hubby in 4 days!!)

GettinFit
05-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Good morning ladies,

Looks like we're all doing so good :cb: I am so proud of us.

Friday - Hope you have a great day at work! Yep I'm so motivated to stick to my plan today.

I took a peek at the scale and it said 221.8. I was so shocked. I am fluctuating my points and I had a very high day on Sunday followed by a lower day yesterday and I guess it worked.

I hope we all have a great OP day.

GettinFit
05-17-2011, 10:32 AM
26 Pts Available
Used 25 Pts
35 Bonus Pts Available

B: Bagel thin w/Laughing Cow Wedge (3pts) 1/2 milk (1pt) coffee w/GF International Cafe mix (2pts) honeydew melon (1pt)
S: 1/2 Nature Valley Granola bar (2pts) PopChips (3pts) coffee (2)
L: Chicken breast (2pts) salad w/feta & ff raspberry vinaigrette dressiing (4pts) 1 dark choc (1pt)
D: Crab legs (2) green beans (0) 2 lf mini muffins (2)
Exercise: Firm Burn & Shape

Emme
05-17-2011, 10:59 AM
Mandy ~ I'm so excited for you!! Are you just going crazy with your wedding coming up?! I remember I was running a million different directions the week of my wedding. I hope everything goes really, really well for you! :hug:

GettinFit ~ See, girl, you are doing great! :)

I hope everyone has a great day today! My weight is back to where it almost was before my pig-out birthday weekend, so I am pretty happy about that. I haven't been exercising as much this month because the campus exercise routine has changed up now that all the students are gone and not a lot of classes are being offered...so, I decided to drop my calories. I realized I've been bouncing around between 176-179 since April 21st, so it's time to do something about that. I'm going to stick with 1500-1599 (staying at the lower end). I have 11 weeks left to get to my goal weight, so I'm really going to try my best. And I'm up for an OP weekend this weekend if anyone wants to join in! :)

TooManyDimples
05-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Evening ladies. Sounds like things are going well for everyone. =)

I was exhausted last night so I just updated my progress. I did 3 hours of gardening yesterday, so I just wanted to get in bed. Had another good day today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

16th ~ Biked 12.95 miles. 20 minutes kickboxing. 1497 calories. 64 net carbs. 156oz water.
17th ~ Biked 16.62 miles. 1445 calories. 69 net carbs. 126oz water.

konfyoozed
05-17-2011, 11:54 PM
@emme - i am going a little bit crazy with the wedding coming up. not because we're running in so many different directions, but more because we've 'waited' for marriage... who knew the last week would be as difficult as the first whole year? yeesh. (TMI? probably, but i'm the queen of it)

and here's for me today:

workouts 9/15 (workouts are good for stress)
calories: 1330
h2o: 100.5oz

i woke up today feeling kinda blah and sore and icky. i think it's stress and tension and whatnot since the wedding is so close, but my stomach has been in knots! generally i don't feel nervous, consciously i'm pretty calm. but i guess my subconscious is spazzing. my inner control freak is dying from panic attacks or something. since my stomach was in knots, i couldn't eat much, but i did chug down a bunch of water! when i got home from work i took a short nap and then cleaned like a freak, and did my workout while laundry was running. i think the workout de-stressed me because i was super hungry afterwards, so i had a light meal. i didn't want to eat a huge heavy meal because it was so late (like 9pm). half a chicken sandwich, an apple, granola bar, and some cashews. enough to stave off the hunger, but not so much that i'm gonna regret it later.

time for a long, hot shower, and then bed.

good night lovelies! :)

GettinFit
05-18-2011, 10:30 AM
Good morning everyone,

Kim - WTG on gardening for 3 hours. That is awesome. I really need to do this but just can't find the time. You are doing an awesome job and I can't wait to hear the results of your next W/I and the end of the month.

Mandy - :hug: Hang in there. I know this be a most stressful week for you. Doing the workout was a great idea since exercise relieves stress. I hope things are a little calmer for you today :)

Emme - I hope you can break through the 176 mark soon.

Penguin - How are you today? I hope you can break your stall soon. Just keep experimenting 'til you get through it.

I'm looking forward to a good one. Going back to the old WW program is really working for me. I've been fluctuating my points so that my body doesn't get used to the same amount every day. I sure hop I don't reach a plateau again when I get to 214 like I did before.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!

Emme
05-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Morning, ladies!

Mandy ~ LOL, don't worry about the TMI stuff...I do the same thing. I just kind of talk and don't care what comes out or who knows about it. :) Good luck to you this week. I wanted to give you one small piece of advice on your wedding day: take it all in very slowly. Everyone says that the day flies by and it honestly does. I remembered to take each moment in: from my dad walking me down the aisle, to seeing my husband for the first time, to our being announced as husband and wife. Breathe it in and try to focus on every single moment. :)

Kim ~ Awesome work with the gardening!

GettinFit ~ I'm glad to hear that things are working for you. You go, girl!

Penguin ~ I hope things work out with your plumbing!

Happy Hump Day! :)

Tricia Fierce
05-18-2011, 03:44 PM
My May Goals:

Hi everyone!

Since the last time I checked in with you all last week, I turned 29 (on Friday)! Since Friday I have been on a birthday celebrating stint which ended with a surprise birthday cake at work yesterday! Apart from the cake, I have been relatively well with my intake. I have been keeping up with my points and affirmations consistently. I wasn't able to completely accomplish my workout goals on Friday and Saturday - I only did the warmup and stretches on those days (that's about 16 minutes and plenty intense!) but got back on track on Monday.

Today is my sixth day on the Insanity challenge and while I haven't actually lost weight (I am retaining water right now) I have lost two inches on my waist!!

Also, I started a journal about the challege - I can't link it (because I'm still new) but you can copy/paste this in your browser: 60dayinsanity.tumblr.com

I hope everyone has an amazing day! :goodvibes

TooManyDimples
05-18-2011, 07:41 PM
Another day on plan down!

Mandy ~ Hope you were feeling less stressed today.

Tricia ~ Happy Birthday! That's awesome on the Insanity Challenge. I don't think I'll ever have the balls to even try that workout, it just looks too crazy for me. =)

I hope everyone had a great day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

18th ~ Biked 17.48 miles. 1269 calories. 52 net carbs. 140oz water.

GettinFit
05-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Good evening everyone,

Another good day on plan for me too. Had a great 3 mile walk at Stone Mountain today. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

patchworkpenguin
05-18-2011, 10:46 PM
Computer died. Hubby trying to fix. On iPhone. Post when can.

konfyoozed
05-18-2011, 10:58 PM
evenin' ladies!

@emme - i will definitely try to focus. but to be honest, i'm more excited about marrying the man, than the actual wedding. not very girly, but probably better for our marriage in the long run heh.

@toomanydimples - today was still kinda wonky. my stomach doesn't want food in it! i try and it protests. so i've been grazing. a little bit here and a little bit there. but still below my calories :(

today for me:

workouts: 10/15 (i'm about to go do it, soon as i get up)
calories: 1490
H2O: 92.5 (possibly more, i will likely drink another glass before bed)

Emme
05-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Mandy ~ Oh trust me, I was more excited about marrying my husband than the actual wedding, too -- I was so sick of planning everything towards the end and I just wanted it to be done with already! I just meant that the whole day flies by so fast, so it's good to soak up everything (with your husband, of course). :)

I have a freaking sore throat today and it stinks! I am tired, too, so we'll see how this day goes by. Yoga at 12:30 and then that's all the exercise I'm doing for the day. Hope everyone else is doing great.

GettinFit
05-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Good morning ladies,

Emme - Sorry that you're not feeling well today. I hope you can shake it before it gets too bad.

Mandy - I'm so excited for you! Hopefully your tummy will calm down so that you can eat something.

Penguin - Hope you get your computer fixed soon. I would be totally loss without mine.

I'm looking forward to a good day. Got all my points planned out for the day. I hope everyone else has a great OP Thursday!

Emme
05-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Is anyone up for the weekend OP challenge this weekend? I need to be accountable and have someone light a fire under my butt to stay in check! :flame:

GettinFit
05-19-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm game Emme - Count me in. We can do it!!!:carrot:

Emme
05-19-2011, 05:43 PM
:cheer: Yay! :cheer:

TooManyDimples
05-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Pretty average day today. Hope everyone had a good one!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

19th ~ Biked 16.86 miles. 1485 calories. 68 net carbs. 130oz water.

patchworkpenguin
05-19-2011, 11:33 PM
we bought a new computer so I'm back. Hubby was nice enough to take the time to make sure everything was loaded quickly to get me back online. I was going into withdrawl. I didn't realize how computer dependent I'd gotten, everything from my morning devotional to checking the weather. Using the iphone was a pain!

Tricia Fierce
05-20-2011, 02:25 AM
I had an OP day today (or I guess technically, yesterday)! Yay!!!!

Would a OP weekend count if a part of my plan is to use my weekly allowance? :goodvibes

konfyoozed
05-20-2011, 03:44 AM
hey ya'll! i didn't track much of anything today cause it was date night with curtis (the groom to be) and we went to olive garden before going out to a show. and yes, my tummy did chill out enough that i was able to enjoy a little less than half of my meal at olive garden. curtis got the rest in a box. :D

with all the walking around we did though (before dinner, after dinner, during intermission, shopping at walmart for last minute gadgets after the show) i feel like i should be able to count it as a workout. especially with the heels i was wearin! haha.

GettinFit
05-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Good morning ladies and happy Friday :cb:

Tricia - Yes you are OP if you use your weekly bonus points!!! That's what I did last week and what I've done this week. As long as you're on program and don't go over your alloted points, you're good. This week I have saved all of mine up for the weekend too. I ended up not using all of them last weekend and probably won't this time but it's good to know that I have them if I need them. That's what I like about WW. Let me know how it goes.

Mandy - I'm glad your tummy settled down. Sounds like you had a blast last night. I am so excited for you. I hope you have another good one today!

Penguin - Glad you got your new computer and you're back on-line.

Kim - Glad you had a good day too. You are cruising right along.

Emme - OK we're on for the weekend :carrot: Even though I've saved up my weekly bonus points to use over the weekend, I won't go crazy and I probably won't use all my points. I'll be sure to count and track every point that goes into my mouth. I will be sure to post what I eat here.

Today I'm down another 2.2 pounds putting me at 220.8. I'm hoping to get to the 2teens by next week.

Have a great OP day everyone.:D

Emme
05-20-2011, 10:45 AM
GettinFit ~ Awesome job on the 2.2 pound drop! That's really impressive! :bravo: I'm OP with you this weekend -- it definitely helps knowing that somewhere out there, someone is doing the same thing! :)

My WI was this morning and I'm down 1.6 from last week which kinda surprises me after all the birthday crap I ate last week. But, I cut my calories this week, so I think that really helped.

TGIF! :)

GettinFit
05-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Today's journal:
26 Pts Available
35 Weekly Pts Available Used 8 today
34 Pts Eaten today

B: 2/3 C grits w/sl cheese & bacon bits (3pts) coffee w/1/2 C skim milk & Int'l cafe mix (3pts)
L: WW SmartOne Sante Fe Rice & Beans (6pts) 2 dark chocs (2pts)
D: Subway Chicken Sal Sub w/lots of veggies (7pts) baked lays (2pts) 3 dk chocs (3pts)
S: orange (1pt) yogurt (2pts) PopChips (4pts)
Exercise: Firm Cardio Overdrive Express (did B4 work :carrot:)

GettinFit
05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Emme - :cp::bravo::cb: Great job!!! You are soooo close to 100 girl. I am really believing that fluctuating your calories/points really helps with the weight loss.

We are going to have a rockin weekend.

konfyoozed
05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
good morning all! i guess it's time to confess that i am officially stepping away from counting calories until next friday. a week off. it's a test!

but i refuse to let calories and the scale dominate my wedding and honeymoon festivities. life is about more than that number on the scale, and i will get right back to it when i get home. i haven't checked the scale today yet, to see what damage olive garden did (srsly, 3 breadsticks?!) but i think it was worth, eh, maybe a pound of salt gain. :P hopefully my scale doesn't go up more than that!

Emme
05-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Mandy ~ Have an awesome weekend/week! Congratulations!! :cheer:

Thanks, GettinFit ~ I actually don't mind the weekends as much now that we have the OP weekend thing going on!

If anyone else would like to join me and GettinFit in staying OP this weekend, hop on in! :)

konfyoozed
05-20-2011, 12:42 PM
alright ladies. this will be my last post here until i return from my honeymoon!

today's weigh in: 267.9
change from yesterday: -0.8
loss for the week: 3.9 pounds! (whoa!)
total loss for may thusfar: 7.7 pounds
total loss since start (march 15): 32.1 pounds

i made it 2 pounds past the goal of 269.9 i set for myself by my wedding, and hopefully that's enough cushion that i don't see too much of a bounce when i return. it's only a week. and i don't go for food as much as i used to, and i get full so much easier. last night at olive garden the food was great. delicious. but i could feel how heavy it was in my stomach, and i could taste all the salt in it.

good luck to all of you this week!

GettinFit
05-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Congratulations Mandy!!! We will miss you and I wish you all the best in your wedding and marriage. :)

patchworkpenguin
05-20-2011, 03:10 PM
The guy next door moved but was kind enough to leave us {me!} his old weight bench. It has the barbell rack, preacher curl bench and a 'pull-down" pulley thingy. I'm very excited to have it, however its currently in pieces in my sewing room. I'm not really sure what to do with it, we don't really have a empty spare room, so something somewhere will have to get moved. Since it does come apart that is good, and the bench part folds up also to save more space. Just not sure what to do. Since I've only ever worked out to DVD's, I'm not sure I would use it in a room without a TV, such as my sewing room.

Mandy, best wishes for a beautiful wedding and a happy marriage!

TooManyDimples
05-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Penguin ~ Sometimes I wonder what we all would do if the internet stopped working. It's crazy how much it consumes so many lives now.

Mandy ~ We have something in common. My husband's name is Curtis. =) I hope you have a wonderful week! I'm sure your wedding will be lovely and I hope you have a great honeymoon.

GettinFit~ Congratulations on the 2.2lbs! You're doing so great!

Emme ~ That's an awesome weighin! I bet you're so excited to almost offically be down 100lbs!

TooManyDimples
05-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

20th ~ Biked 17.65 miles. 1434 calories. 50 net carbs. 153oz water.

Grace73
05-20-2011, 09:27 PM
Hello Girls
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
I walked 3 miles today and ran 1/2 mile.. and im so tired. been so tired all day
They tell me. excerise is suppose to give me energy.. but im so tired. .?
any ideas? anyone else have this issue?
:)

Emme
05-21-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Friday! Yes, exercise wears me out sometimes. It just depends on the day. Some days I'll work out and have a ton of energy for the next few hours, while other days after working out I feel like I need to take a nap! Just keep doing it -- it's great for your mind and body!

I am s-i-c-k still...blah...my throat doesn't hurt as much, but I'm just exhausted and slightly nauseous. I hate being sick, but I'm going to listen to my body and just take it easy. I hope everyone has a great Saturday! :hug:

GettinFit
05-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Hello ladies,

Emme - I hope you feel better. Being sink is no fun. Hopefully you were able to take it easy today as planned.

Friday - I find that when I don't take my multi vitamin, I tend to feel more tired.

I'm doing good today. I've stuck to my point plan for today. I got in a 3 mile walk first thing this morning and I spent about 5 hours showing houses this afternoon.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

Points used = 32
Used 6 bonus points
Walked 3 miles

TooManyDimples
05-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Evening Ladies, hope you all had a good day. I had a lot to do today and I left early so I decided to take my rest day today and I'll work out tomorrow instead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily Goals:
1200-1600 calories
50-75 net carbs
100+oz water

20th ~ Biked 17.65 miles. 1434 calories. 50 net carbs. 153oz water.
21st ~ No exercise, Rest day (early). 1510 calories. 71 net carbs. 104oz water

Emme
05-22-2011, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone! Hope you all have a nice Sunday. The windows are open and it's sunny out, and a nice breeze is wafting through the house. I was able to stay OP yesterday even though I was sick...I wasn't super hungry throughout the day and I think a lot of that had to do with being sick and congested. I'm feeling a bit better this morning, but it's the kind of sick where you try to walk around and do something, and then you get really warm and tired fast. Yuck.

Anyway, I hope you all have had a nice weekend! :)

GettinFit ~ How is the market out there by you? You mentioned you were showing houses, so I was curious.

Kim ~ I hope you were able to enjoy your rest yesterday!

Riestrella
05-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Weight Loss Goal: 182 lbs (Total of 2 lbs)

May 1st - 184 lbs
May 8th - 184 lbs (No Change =( )
May 15th - 184 lbs (No Change =(x2)
May 22nd - 184 lbs (No Change AGAIN!)
May 29th -
May 31st -

patchworkpenguin
05-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I spent most of yesterday napping on the couch. There's a lot of pollen in the air and it finally caught up with me. Hubby's got the same thing, too. I'm feeling better today however, but not back to normal yet. It starting raining last night and according to the forecast will rain the rest of the week also.:(

Weighed in today and up 1.5ish lbs. I took my measurements again and have lost 1.5 inches off my waist since Jan! Nice to know something is changing even if the weight stays the same:dizzy:

GettinFit
05-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Evening ladies,

I hope everyone enjoyed the day!

Emme - It is a buyers market out here. Unfortunately there are so many foreclosures. I'm glad you're feeling better and was able to stay OP yesterday. Hopefully, you be back 100% soon. Take care.

Riestrella - Hang in there and hopefully you'll soon have a break through.

Penguin - Glad you're feeling better too. It's good that you're taking your measurements too and can see that you've made progress there. Hang in there and hopefully the scale will go down soon.

Kim - I hope you had a great Sunday too! You have been doing an awesome job and I can't wait to see where you are at the end of the month.

I had a good day. Took a rest from exercise today but will be back at it tomorrow.

My menu for today:

25 pts daily
10 bonus pts leftover

B: melon (2pts) coffee w/skim milk & creamer (2pts)
Late Lunch: Salmon (4pts) creamed spinach (3pts) 2 100 cal snack cakes (4pts)
S: melon (1pt) sf cappuchino (3pts) Special K snack protien bar (2pts) SF Eskimo bar (4pts)

TooManyDimples
05-22-2011, 08:53 PM
Evening Ladies, hope everyone had a great weekend.

So I did some thinking today and I've decided to make a few changes with my plan. I've decided that from now on I'm going to take Saturday and Sunday off from exercise. I feel more fatigued lately and I'm thinking an extra day will help, plus the weekends are more busy and it will just be easier if I don't have to try to fit exercise in on Saturday.

I've also decided for the rest of the month I'm not going to count my calories and carbs. I think I've gotten to the point where I don't really need to. I pretty much eat the same things all the time anyway. I don't want to count calories the rest of my life and the sooner I learn to just eat the right amounts all the time the easier it should be. Plus not having to count will make me feel less like I'm on a diet and more like it's just plain life. For now I think I'll be fine, when my weightloss slows down in the future I can always start counting again.

So my new goals will be:

Eat on plan foods daily.
100+oz of water.
Exercise, weekends Rest days.

22nd ~ No exercise, rest day. Ate on plan. 114oz water.

Grace73
05-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Good Morning All..
im up ready for work..
I am going to start following a plan as of today..
5x a week at least 30min excerise
Max 1600 calories
10-16 cups ofwater a day!

At least for a week, and see if it makes a differnce on the scale!

KIM! Good luc on the new plan!!!
Everyone have a GREAT week!

Emme
05-23-2011, 10:20 AM
Friday & Kim ~ Those sound like some great goals!

GettinFit ~ I have to confess that I had cheese fries last night. I was OP yesterday until we were driving home from a 2-hour trip and I decided I didn't want to cook dinner, so we stopped somewhere...I almost made it the whole weekend, but not quite...hope you did better than I did! :)

GettinFit
05-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Good morning ladies,

Kim - I like your idea of not counting calories. I can't wait 'til I reach that point where I don't need to track or write anything down. You are so right as this will be a way of eating for life. I wish you much success.

Friday - I hope the scale is good to you this week.

Emme - I have a confession too. After I posted last night, I ended up using my remaining bonus points for snacks. I had a bag of Pop chips (3 servings total) and 4 dark chocolates :o Even though I have those extra points, I don't like to use them on junk food. Today I am being very strict. I still think we did okay over the weekend. 1 slip up doesn't mean we blew the weekend.

Have a great day everyone.

GettinFit
05-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Monday 5/23 Journal
25 pts
35 Bonus Available

B: melon (1 pt) skim milk (2pts) coffee (2pts)
L: Salmon (3pts) creamed spinach (2pts) squash (0pts) 1 dk choc (1pt)
S: mandarin (1pt) Special K protien bar (2pts) yogurt (2pts)
D: Salad w/turkey & feta (4pts) WW Mousse bar (2pts)
Exercise: Firm

Emme
05-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I think we did ok, too...like you said, one slip up doesn't mean out entire weekend is completely shot. Good way to look at it! And it's cool that your food was still part of your points!

patchworkpenguin
05-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Today we took April <--- to the vet for her checkup from her ACL surgery. We dropped her off, they sedated her, and xrayed her leg and made sure all is well and she is healing correctly. Now her physical therapy starts, meaning we get to take her on short walks, buidling up strength in her leg. Poor dog is doing well but is a little loop-y

Emme
05-23-2011, 02:30 PM
Penguin ~ Your poor doggie :( We have always loved dogs and our hearts always go out to them. Our last dog, Bear, had one eye and eventually went blind at the end of his life and then got cancer, and our newest dog, Jasper, was adopted with heartworm and the treatments to cure him almost killed him. I hate seeing animals suffer. I'm glad April is healing well -- she's lucky to have such good parents! :hug:

patchworkpenguin
05-23-2011, 04:46 PM
I did 33min of Total Body weights from the Supreme 90 set.

Poor dog is still loopy.

Emme, we adopted April as an adult from the Hum Soc. We'e been very happy with her, she's been very healthy dispite these leg/ACL issues. She's smart, obedient and a good friend.

TooManyDimples
05-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks everyone. I really think I'm going to like not recording everything. I'm still measuring out my normal serving sizes and all so it's pretty easy to know what my over all numbers probably are. It already feels less like a job if that makes any sense. =)

Penguin ~ Your poor pup. I'm glad to hear she's doing better and sounds like good progress.

Emme and GettinFit ~ It sounds like over all you both had a great weekend. Good for you!

Friday ~ Good luck with your plan!

Another good day today for me. =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
Eat on plan foods.
100+oz of water.
Exercise on weekdays.

23rd ~ Kickboxing, 20 minute workout. Ate on plan. 140oz water.

patchworkpenguin
05-24-2011, 11:32 AM
While its not currently raining we have a 40% chance of rain, plus its so humid outside we have a heat index already. April is doing much better, we are able to give her a little more freedom and she's taking full advantage of it; Give her an inch and she takes a mile. I'm a little sore today, which I didn't really expect.

Emme
05-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow, after today we only have one more week left of May! I can't believe how quickly this month has flown by! I hope everyone is having a good day. I am having a bottomless pit TOM hunger day, so I just have to keep slamming water.

GettinFit
05-24-2011, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon ladies,

I'm just now getting the chance to check in for the day.

Penguin - I'm glad April is doing better and that you're sticking to your plan.

Kim - I'm glad everthing is going good for you in not having to track. I'm hoping to get to that point too.

Emme - You're right, May flew by. Actually the year is flying by. That makes me more determined to stick to my program. When I go on my cruise in Nov., I want to be back in my size 14s (comfortably with some room to spare). That time will be here before I know it so I MUST stay OP everyday. Last year when I cruised, I was at my all time high and I was soooo miserable. I promised myself that I'd never let that happen again!

I've had a busy but good day. We had a welcome breakfast for a new employee and we had bagels, donuts & fruit. I stopped at Krispy Kreme to get the donuts and I'm happy to say I didn't touch one! In the past, I would have bought a couple extras to eat on my way to the office and would have had more at the office (I love love hot Krispy Kremes). I had 1 plain bagel with a smear of lite whipped cream cheese, some fruit & coffee. To make up for the bagel, for lunch I'm having a cuccumber & tomato. I feel so proud that I was able to resist the donuts.

I hope you all are having a wonderful Tuesday :D

GettinFit
05-24-2011, 02:22 PM
Today's Journal
25 Pts
35 Bonus Pts Available

B: bagel (5pts) light cream cheese (1pts) fruit (1pt) coffee (3pts)
L: Cucumber & tomato w/vinegar (0pts) coffee (1pt)
S: 2small bananas (2pts) mandarin (.5 pt) string cheese (1pt)
D: Lean Gourmet (6pts) green beans (0pts)
Exercies: Firm

Emme
05-24-2011, 02:35 PM
GettinFit ~ I am so proud of you for resisting the donuts, too!! It's a hard thing to do!!

GettinFit
05-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Yep Emme - That was so hard to do but I'm so glad that I did. I really feels good to be in control of what I put in my mouth.

I hope you're having a great day too!

patchworkpenguin
05-24-2011, 06:05 PM
I did 46min of boxing and got a new quote from Kelly's DVD!

Gettin, good job resisting the donut! I have to admit my eating hasn't been that great this week. I thought I was doing so well, and suddenly not so much. Trying to get back to where I was.

Emme, I feel like this whole year has just flown by. :dizzy:

Tricia Fierce
05-24-2011, 07:25 PM
My May Goals:

Life has been such a whirlwind the past four days - every time I thought to check-in with you all and came to the forum SOMETHING came up. That's what life is like, I suppose.

Well, this past weekend was almost OP (I know it's Tuesday but I haven't checked in since the weekend!) except for the nausea I experienced on Saturday, which caused me to skip my planned workout. I also skipped on Sunday because I overslept and didn't have enough time to workout before going to work...

I have been OP since yesterday though. So far, having a great day. Also, I lost another inch on my waist (that's 3 inches so far)!

I hope everyone is having a great OP day. :goodvibes

TooManyDimples
05-24-2011, 07:51 PM
I feel your pain Emme... TOM showed up this morning and it's been really bad. My period has finally become regular, but it's so much worse! The last four months the first day of TOM has been horrible. The hunger is nothing compared to the cramps.. Blah!

Hope everyone else had a good day. =P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daily Goals:
Eat on plan foods.
100+oz of water.
Exercise on weekdays.

23rd ~ Kickboxing, 20 minute workout. Ate on plan. 140oz water.
24th ~ Kickboxing, 20 minute workout. Ate on plan. 140oz water.

Emme
05-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I feel your pain Emme... TOM showed up this morning and it's been really bad. My period has finally become regular, but it's so much worse! The last four months the first day of TOM has been horrible. The hunger is nothing compared to the cramps.. Blah!

I hear you! The hunger days are the worst part of TOM for me. Forget the cramps and the tiredness...it's the empty stomach feeling that never goes away! :devil:

GettinFit
05-25-2011, 12:00 PM
Good morning ladies,

Kim - I hope you're feeling much better today.

Tricia - It's nice to see your post. Sorry you weren't feeling well over the weekend. Sometimes life gets in the way and we miss out on our planned workouts.

Penguin - I hope you can get back to where you were. This journey is so hard and we have to just take it one minute at a time. Hang in there.

Emme - How are you today?

Yesterday I missed out on my workout because I didn't get home until 7:30 and I was ready for dinner. Then it was time to watch the BL Finale & Dancing w/the Stars Finale :D Today I'm planning to get in a nice long walk at Stone Mountain.

Have a great "Hump Day" everyone.

GettinFit
05-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Today's Journal
25 Pts Available
35 Weekly Bonus Pts

B: bagel thin w/lite cream cheese (2pts) skim milk (1pt) coffee creamer (1pt)
S: Special K protien snack bar (2pts) mandarin oranges (1pt) 100 Cal pk almonds (2pts) greek yogurt (2pts)
L: Subway sub (6pt) 2 dark choc (2pts)
D: Salad (4pts) WW Mousse bar (2pts)
Exercise: Walk

Emme
05-25-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm definitely not as hungry as I was yesterday, but I'm still trying to fight off this sickness/cold that I have, so today it has left me with an appetite that is bearable.

I hope everyone has a great day -- happy Wednesday! :)

patchworkpenguin
05-25-2011, 02:21 PM
My computer is great. We decided we should have replaced the old one sooner. My dad likes it so much he is thinking of buying one also. Its much faster than the old one and does a lot more, such as play DVDs. We are still trying to get accustomed to the new stuff/programs, and the new keyboard with the shorter keys, which means my bad typing is worse, LOL. Hubby got everything reset to help me read, larger print and higher contrast. We need to buy a new printer now because the old one is too old to work with the new computer. Always something.

My boxing workout backfired. I was trying to loosen up sore muscles but my upper body is sore now too. Probably do some light cardio and yoga today. I'm trying to get back on track with my eating today.

Next weeks weather is supposed to be clear and nice. Welcome change!