Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 03:15 AM   #1  

Angry January 1st, 2003-Wednesday

How is everyone feeling this first day of the New Year? We are just home from the waterpark....it was a lot of fun...there was a fine fireworks performance and it was a great start to family time, getting lots of exercise and no drinking.....the kids were so pumped up they wanted to sleep in there igloo in the back yard but I didn't give in and they are now tucked in under their buffalo skins....and we are having a small drink before bed.

Hope to hear from everyone today!

Liz
Old 01-01-2003, 03:53 AM   #2  

Happy New year everyone,

Well 2003 is here already. DH & I watched it come in on TV from Seattle at the Space Needle.

The 31st was our DS's 28th birthday. DH & I went over to his house in the afternoon to bring him a card & gift. Then later we went to the neighbors for dinner & then we played cards after. We came home about 11 P.M.

Yesterday....the 31st....I went for my appointment at Mental Health. The counselor took a history. On Monday at 8:30 A.M. I will start Light therapy......5 mornings a week for 2 weeks....to see if it helps with the depression. After the 2 weeks....I might go for another 2 weeks.....if it does help me with the depression....then I will buy one. They are over $200 Canadian & not covered by the medical. All the other treatment is covered by our medical system....so I am grateful for that.

I see the counselor in 1 week. She told me that I might see the psychiatrist at some point....like if I need my medication changed....or whatever.

She told me that some of the things that I have been thinking....like wanting to move back east to be closer to my birth family....or the thoughts about wanting to leave my DH....are the depression talking. We have been married for 37 years....since I was 22. Now that was young....back in the 1965....when we got married....everyone was getting married really young.

I have been depressed almost 22 years....so I guess there is hope.

I am off to bed now.

April
Old 01-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

April - there is always hope! you just keep taking it one day at a time and keep the Faith!

Liz - did yall really swim in really cold water? come on - gotta be straight with me - i'm niave sometimes. do yall really rub down with whale blubber?

I stayed up late playing on the puter and chatting with the chicks in the chatroom - that is always fun and there were quite a few there. The chatting would have been perfect if by some weird rip in time the old gang would have all showed up! :-)

I went to bed feeling a sore throat coming on and this morning I'm sure I have a sore throat - really feel kind of croupy - sure hope it passes quickly. I am never sick and certainly don't have the time or the energy for it. ;-)

I've had my cup of hot chocolate and checked in here and now I'm fixing to put in one of my Leslie Sansone walk aerobics tape and get myself going.

Hubby has gone duck hunting and will be back around noon to do some bbqing. Teenagers are sleeping in. I don't plan to accomplish much today - just taking it easy and will see what comes my way.

I hope everybody has a Blessed New Year!

hugs, Cathy
Old 01-01-2003, 11:46 AM   #4  

Happy New Year!!

I've weighed...not a pretty sight. I'd lost 44 lbs...have regained 26 of it. Talk about depressing. Thinking positive, that is 18 ahead. It could have been worse.

We had a nice time in chat last night. 4 newbies showed, all nice. I agree Cathy, it would have been nice to see more of the old gang. Linda kept me up til 2 my time. We had a nice chat.

I've put the cracker candy away. I will treat myself to a piece 10 lbs lighter from now. Boy is it gooooooood.

Hope everyone has a nice day.....
Old 01-01-2003, 12:49 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Its happy cause its raining and not snowing AGAIN !! lol.
This nasty cold is just wrecking my mini vacation ... wah
Why is it I always get sick or get my "friend" when I'm on vacation? I don't think I was meant to relax

HONEY POTATOES Linny make me some, recipie please ?

April, that is a long time being married, you should be proud !
Cathy, come on over, we can sneeze on each other over a cup of hot coco.
Sweet, good attitude ! you haven't gained it all back.... we will all help each other this year
Lizzy whats a small drink silly.

Have an excellent day all !! May all our weight prayers be answered this year (as well as other prayers).

Love, Leenie
Old 01-01-2003, 01:26 PM   #6  

Default Mornin'

Happy New Year everyone

Hope everyone had a nice evening last nite... be it in bed asleep, watching movies with the family or out at a party. I was online chatting with some friends until close to 12 PST. Boy what a racket there was here at midnight! Firecrackers galore as well as some goober a few streets over shooting off bottle rockets. Today is going to be a nice restful day, but I my one week exercise break is over and back to the salt mines I don't mind. I found that I am really stiff in the mornings from not exercising daily.. makes me feel almost Sweet's age

Lizzy, hope you scraped off the whale blubber before you got into bed. I imagine that stuff is murder on the sheets.

April, glad you are getting help. Give it time to show results.. It will happen

Cathy it was fun to see you last night. Tell yourself you DON'T have a sore throat.. Don't let your mind know it is there.. if you do, you are doomed..

Sweet, I am glad you are starting out today. One meal at a time.. it all will add up.

Leens, I sent you the honey roasted potato recipe, per your whine They are sooooo good

It is perversely bright and sunny out today. Murder on the eyes in a white walled house Kitty and I are going to go park our fluffy and fat buttts on the sofa and watch a bit of the parade. ( Hers is fluffy and mine is just fat.. no fur )

Have a great day... drink your water and MOVE!!
Old 01-01-2003, 03:46 PM   #7  

Default I woke up at noon!

Yikes...I guess I am starting the new year well rested!

I had a nice long post and when I went to post it it said that this site is not available and I lost it Not fair!

Cathy the waterpark is the world's largest indoor waterpark. Go to the website www.westedmontonmall.ca

We had a great time!

Leens a little drink is hubby and I sharing a corona!

SP I know what you mean about gaining what we have lost...I am 20 lbs heavier than I was a year ago but at least I didn't gain all 42 that I lost back. Now I only have about 60 to go.

Linda the blubber on the satin sheets last night was not pretty.

April thanks for keeping us posted...my mom has one of those SAD lights I should go look for it.

Well everyone have a great day. I will check in later.

Eliz
Old 01-01-2003, 04:51 PM   #8  

R took the tree down this afternoon while I did laundry. Last night we went to church, since R had to help distribute Communion. It's a nice little service, all cozy with old friends. We watched TV and munched the evening away. We went to bed at 11:45. I just could not stay awake any more.
Am patiently waiting for my book to come so I can understand the Readers Digest ChangeOne diet plan. I've been exploring the site and the concept is simple...change one habit at a time. I think sometimes we get overwhelmed by all the changes when we start a diet plan. It also encourages changing one meal at a time.
Well, it's time to fold some more laundry.
Oh BTW, I'm not getting on the scale until I start the book.
Old 01-01-2003, 05:53 PM   #9  

Linda I saw that!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr
Old 01-01-2003, 06:22 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Wow Liz - the indoor waterpark looks cool! I'm sure yall had a great time - what a great idea for an indoor waterpark in those cold winter places!

Tip - you will have to tell us all the stuff you find in your new book once you get it and start reading it - so share your secrets with us girlie - I better not buy another thing right now! :-( But I would love to hear about what you find ok.

hugs, cathy
Old 01-02-2003, 12:34 AM   #11  

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Glad to see you are all doing pretty well and have enjoyed the holidays.

We are in the middle of another winter storm here in New England, looks like 6 to 10 inches will fall between now and the morning. Had 18 inches Christmas Day!!

I, like the rest of you have to get serious about my weight once again. I was great until Christmas Day evening. When everyone left I was faced with tons of food (lots of people didn't show because of storm) I started picking and haven't stopped. I am entertaining again Friday and Saturday, so Sunday is back on track day. I am up 4 pounds since Christmas, didn't take much, just toooooo much good food!!!

Well, good to be back! ~~~~~~~~~~~~Meg
Closed Thread