Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Weekend Chat - 29 April - 1 May 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 28 April 2011
Old 04-29-2011, 07:45 AM   #2  
Lovin the way I feel!

S/C/G: 235(start IP 4/15/11)/tick/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!
So I woke up feeling quilty... I was up late last night, about 11 and I was hungry and had the urge to snack.. so I snacked on some pickles and celery sticks! Im not sure why I woke up feeling quilty?! It's funny to me, usually I would have snacked on junk food... maybe because it was "late night" snacking?!
Day 15 for me...weigh in is Monday and I can't wait!!!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Good morning IPers, sitting here watching the wedding on tv sipping the ip chocolate drink thinking wow I love crossing my legs now~~ Hope everyone has a supper IP day.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:29 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Wow it's the weekend thread already! I feel like I lost a few days along the way.
I had a good day yesterday, but I did indulge in an extra restricted. I have a huge habit of eating sweets at night and last night I caved. The good news is that I only ate 1 bar- and not the 32 brownies sitting in the cabinet. I feel so relieved that I've moved past the need to eat compulsively- which is not to say that I don't think about eating, I just don't actually follow through.
I weigh daily and was pleased to see that the scale finally moved .5 lbs this morning. I was tired of seeing the same numbers every day
Old 04-29-2011, 08:34 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning IPer's! Another wonderful day is upon us. I had workout #2 last night and it went much better. I had a protein drink an hour before and had my lean protein and veggies about 30 min before and a bar afterwards. I felt great, sore, but not run down like I did last week. I am going to try and start my 6 days a week program Monday. We shall see how that goes. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will see you all Monday morning. Busy weekend ahead of me working in the yard and going to an auction to acquire a few tools for my shop.

Be strong and have a 100% protocol weekend!
Old 04-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning IPer's! Another wonderful day is upon us. I had workout #2 last night and it went much better. I had a protein drink an hour before and had my lean protein and veggies about 30 min before and a bar afterwards. I felt great, sore, but not run down like I did last week. I am going to try and start my 6 days a week program Monday. We shall see how that goes. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will see you all Monday morning. Busy weekend ahead of me working in the yard and going to an auction to acquire a few tools for my shop.

Be strong and have a 100% protocol weekend!
I love training 6 days a week Juice, always eat before and after and I feel good. After my work out my body is phyicically tired but the recoperation time is fast, and I sleep like a baby. Now with a lean body your going to see nice changes in your form. I have seen skinny men with no bulk and little calves with their healthy bmi, but give me a man with some bulk and larger bmi wooo hooo lol, much healther looking for sure. Plus when we train we seem to stand and walk different, taller and shoulders back like were proud of our frame now. I am not skinny yet, but I have nice shoulders now so its slowly changing!

Last edited by locks; 04-29-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 AM   #7  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Talking IP Bootcamp for me this week!

Good morning IPers. Hope everyone has a fantastic day.

ONDERLAND at last....
Last night was WI # 11 2.5lbs... so total 43 lbs and 21.5 inches in 11 weeks. I am happy about that but.... as my wis have been slow my coach and I have decided no restricted items to see if we can shock my system to losing more. So I have decided to do IP Bootcamp this week, and see what happens. My coach is now on vacation for 2 weeks so I am hoping to be at 50lbs by the time she returns. It has been an amazing journey and more and more people are noticing, even my coach has commented. The ways I noticed are.... sorry guys but new bra and new undies.. never even thought about size change in undies but boy were my old ones baggy... funny how all of a sudden they are fine and then oops boy these are baggy.

Hope everyone has a great weekend I had the last week off as I needed a break and got some spring cleaning done and raked part of my yard before it started raining... at least we didn't get snow like they were forecasting... well it is just about 7:00am and my dogs are wanting their walk so Off I go.. Staying OP
Old 04-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

ONDERLAND at last....
Last night was WI # 11 2.5lbs... so total 43 lbs and 21.5 inches in 11 weeks. I am happy about that but.... as my wis have been slow my coach and I have decided no restricted items to see if we can shock my system to losing more. So I have decided to do IP Bootcamp this week, and see what happens. My coach is now on vacation for 2 weeks so I am hoping to be at 50lbs by the time she returns. It has been an amazing journey and more and more people are noticing, even my coach has commented. The ways I noticed are.... sorry guys but new bra and new undies.. never even thought about size change in undies but boy were my old ones baggy... funny how all of a sudden they are fine and then oops boy these are baggy.

Hope everyone has a great weekend I had the last week off as I needed a break and got some spring cleaning done and raked part of my yard before it started raining... at least we didn't get snow like they were forecasting... well it is just about 7:00am and my dogs are wanting their walk so Off I go.. Staying OP
I wonder why your coach says your weight loss is slow, mine thinks I am going just great and says what I am losing is just perfect. I hope she isisnt just telling me this to keep me buying lol/ Maybe its since I exercise alot building while losing fat. Who really knows. I love my restricted snacks that keeps me on track and I dont feel like I am on a diet.

Last edited by locks; 04-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #9  
joanne

S/C/G: 256/see ticker/155

morning everyone, 2riderollercoast congrats on hitting onederland your an inspiration! well WI was this morning and I was a little nervous as its also TOM but I still lost 2.8lbs! woohoo, sun is shining in CT so going to do some gardening, everyone enjoy the weekend!
Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #10  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I love training 6 days a week Juice, always eat before and after and I feel good. After my work out my body is phyicically tired but the recoperation time is fast, and I sleep like a baby. Now with a lean body your going to see nice changes in your form. I have seen skinny men with no bulk and little calves with their healthy bmi, but give me a man with some bulk and larger bmi wooo hooo lol, much healther looking for sure. Plus when we train we seem to stand and walk different, taller and shoulders back like were proud of our frame now. I am not skinny yet, but I have nice shoulders now so its slowly changing!
My trainer has me doing a "Strength for Life" routine that I am not real keen on yet. I know I need to develop my strength first and then move into muscle gain. It is a 6 day program, lift, cardio, lift, cardio, lift, auxilary lift/toning, day of rest. It is a 12, 10, 8, 8 to failure rep count. I have had to significantly reduce weights to make it through the sets. It has been humbling to say the least from what I used to know I could lift and look like. I can't wait to get out of the OMG I am really sore stage. I know it will take some time. I want to stick with it and see results. I just need to see some improvement in the weight room to keep me going. I know I can do it.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:13 AM   #11  
Ray

S/C/G: 170.6/170.6/135

Height: 5 ft

good morning fellow ipers. i haven't posted for a while and i was up earlier than usual, so thoght i should say hello and that i struggled a bit last week and cheated on monday, so i knocked myself out of ketosis and now am trying to get it back. so i only lost .4 at my weigh in yesterday. so my cheat was soooooo not worth it. i guess i needed a wake up call. so i need to have a wonderful week and get back on track. have a good day everyone.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #12  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post

ONDERLAND at last....

You are averaging 3.9#'s a week. That is a great number especially for a female. I do wonder why your coach thinks you should be lossing more? IMHO you are doing great and would hate to see you do something that frustrates you with the program and makes it more of a chore, i.e. bootcamp. Keep at it and I hope you see better results. Look at it from your perspective, how do you feel about your weight loss? Are you happy? That is what matters.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #13  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I wonder why your coach says your weight loss is slow, mine thinks I am going just great and says what I am losing is just perfect. I hope she isisnt just telling me this to keep me buying lol/ Maybe its since I exercise alot building while losing fat. Who really knows. I love my restricted snacks that keeps me on track and I dont feel like I am on a diet.
I love my restricted too, but it is 7 days and if it makes a difference I can do it. I have to get back to exercising, I walk my dogs but that is about it. I am still not comfortable going to a gym, plus money factor, but am going to try doing cardio at home... and running a bit, my dogs like chasing me... and chewing on my hand as I run... she is a great old dog but when we run together she wants to play. Have a great day.
Old 04-29-2011, 09:22 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
My trainer has me doing a "Strength for Life" routine that I am not real keen on yet. I know I need to develop my strength first and then move into muscle gain. It is a 6 day program, lift, cardio, lift, cardio, lift, auxilary lift/toning, day of rest. It is a 12, 10, 8, 8 to failure rep count. I have had to significantly reduce weights to make it through the sets. It has been humbling to say the least from what I used to know I could lift and look like. I can't wait to get out of the OMG I am really sore stage. I know it will take some time. I want to stick with it and see results. I just need to see some improvement in the weight room to keep me going. I know I can do it.
I started with real low reps, and my cardio is only about 60%, I just dont have it in me to do more but I sweat and I see changes in my body. When I got a sinus cold I had to use lower weights and slow down the cardio my body couldnt do it. I have 4 or 5 packets a day and I am not hungry. The OMG comes fast with weights, but we lose the omg fast too sadly lol
Old 04-29-2011, 09:42 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Morning everyone! Well the Calm is def starting to work, I'm sure it will take a few days to get regular. I am going to hold off on weighing on my scale till Sun morning. I was able to wear a pair of size 6 jeans yesterday that I have not been able to wear since last summer (my weight gain happened from May-2010- Jan-2011 while hubby was deployed to Iraq and daughters 9 y/o BF lost her battle with brain cancer). IP has actually done a lot of good for me in these last 18 days. I am now power walking in hopes to start jog/running again. I used to run and compete all of the time. I am also happy to say that I have been 18 days free of an eating disorder that I had for most of my adult life. I would binge and purge. Well glad to get that off my chest! Thanks for all the great support and advice, looking forward to a busy fun weekend outside!
Closed Thread