Chicks up for a Challenge - May Weight Loss Challenge

View Full Version : May Weight Loss Challenge

chickadee32
04-29-2011, 01:16 AM
It's almost May, the weather is warming, and believe it or not swimsuit season will soon be upon us! So let's get ourselves focused and get slimmer for summer by setting some great weight loss goals for the month of May.

The rules of this thread are simple. We are here to provide each other some accountability along the path to weight loss. So, you just set your weight loss related goal(s) and it gets added to a goal list. When you reach your goal, it gets turned Red. We have a sister thread for exercise related goals http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/232116-may-exercise-challenge.html. All exercise related goals can be posted there. We love to hear about your success, as well as your challenges throughout the month. We're here to support and encourage each other to be our best.

So, let's post some goals, and prepare to get started on Sunday! Good luck to all our challengers this month!

TrishG
04-29-2011, 01:38 AM
I am totally up for this!!! I had been dieting/exercising on my own since Jan. and finally decided it just wasn't enough, that I needed more support so I joined just a couple of days ago :) So hopefully I can (re)jump start my weight loss! Not really sure what I should set as far as goals though? I have been strength training so I haven't seen much change weight wise (yet) unfortunatly.

chickadee32
04-29-2011, 01:59 AM
Hi Trish - welcome to 3FC! This forum is an excellent place to find support of all kinds. :)

As far as a goal goes, you can take a look at our April Weight Loss Challenge thread for some ideas: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/229228-april-weight-loss-challenge.html The goals that posters set are anything from committing to staying on a particular eating plan, to tracking food intake daily, to a particular weight goal, to a specific number of pounds lost. Any weight loss related goal is appropriate. :)

There's also a http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/232116-may-exercise-challenge.html thread in which you can post any exercise related goals. We'd love to have you join us there as well!

sweck08
04-29-2011, 09:23 AM
I'll join! I've slacked during the month of April losing just a little over 5 lbs. For May, I'd like to lose at least 10lbs. Summer break is fast approaching and I'll be spending my summer back at home. I hope I can keep up the progress I've had so far, and avoid those nagging temptations! They seem to get the best of me. I'd also like to maintain some sort of physical activity or exercise every week 5-6 times a week.

DrivenByAmbition
04-29-2011, 09:42 AM
I would like to lose 5 lbs in May.

ish
04-29-2011, 01:38 PM
I have a lot of weight loss related goals in mind right now, but number wise I am going to aim to lose 8 pounds in May.

Sign me up! :)

Ferumbras
04-29-2011, 03:24 PM
My goal is to lose 12 pounds in May.

Ferumbras
04-29-2011, 03:25 PM
I'll make that more specific:

1. Lose 12 pounds in May.
2. Stick to the SB diet plan.
3. Exercise every day: 30 min. strength/core, 30 min. cardio.
4. Record everything I eat.
5. Count calories.

Focused Lani
04-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks for starting the thread chickadee :)

I cut it really fine last month so this month my goal is to lose 8lbs. So hopefully I'm 353 by May 30!

Good luck with your goals everyone.

opheliaphoenix
04-30-2011, 11:10 AM
I fell short last month and only lost 5 lbs, but I know that it was due to lack of effort and time, so I'm going to try kicking myself back into gear for May! That being said, I'm sticking with my 10 lb goal for this month, as well. We'll see how it goes!

rmc9142
04-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I would love to join in!

Like many, I've been down this path many times before - losing, gaining, losing, gaining some more. Last time (in January), I knew I wasn't really committed, but felt like I had to make that yearly New Year's try. Of course, I did not succeed.

Now, I am 100% in. I feel much more positive. I've joined a gym and have been working out and just feel so much better mentally and physically. So, I'm ready to kick butt (and other parts) in May. My goal will be to lose 12 lbs.

Headed over to the exercise thread to make some commitments there too. Good luck everyone!

lacey marie
04-30-2011, 02:58 PM
SO UP FOR THIS! :) (even though my main goal is to be HEALTHY, while losing weight throughout the process...)

Hey, I'm Lacey, I'm a senior in high school, and I joined 3FC less than a week ago... Quickly before I post my goals, you may need a bit of background information so they make sense. Ever since I was young, I binged, I remember being 8 years old at a party and secretly scarfing down 8 brownies. I counted them, and the memory still stays with me today (shudder). When I entered middle school I developed bulimia, unhealthily compensating for my binging by vomiting or through severely restricting the following days (100 to 600 cals a day... oh my dumb self...) I came clean my freshman year, and began recovering. Therefore, nowadays, I don't always binge, but I overeat, and I do often binge, most of this occurring after school and on weekends. Whenever I try to eat "healthy," I undereat. That being said, my goals (and steps to goals) for May:
DO's and DONT's STEPS
1) DO drink a large glass of water EVERY time I eat ANYTHING.
2) DON'T count calories daily(It'll mess with my f'ed up head)...DO count them twice a week to make sure not eating too much or little.
3) DON'T eat as soon as you get home...DO wait a while, do some homework, if truly hungry then eat ONE HEALTHY snack.

MY # GOALS
133 End of April
129 (BREAK THE PLATEAU!)
125}***not sure when...wait till end of May***
120}***
115}***

(all goals have been approved with the help of a BMI calculator)

Good luck and stay strong!
<3 lacey marie

BTW I'm sorry this is so long :) I promise it was only for my introduction.

blinkworks
04-30-2011, 11:25 PM
Hello! I'm new here and this is my first challenge post.
My goals:

1. Lose 12lbs
2. Write down what I eat every day
3. Stick to a low carb diet, count calories.
4. Take a good walk at least 5 times a week

Good luck everybody!

ready4skinny
04-30-2011, 11:35 PM
I am Up for a May Challenge-

My May Goals-
1) Write everything I eat down
2) Increase my water intake - 8 glasses a day
3) NO fast food this month - this will be hard.....
4) Weight loss- what ever I get will be great :carrot:

Baby steps.....few things at a time

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE.... off to the May exercise challenge....

chickadee32
05-01-2011, 02:37 AM
:wave: to all the familiar faces, and welcome to the new challengers!! May looks like it's going to be a great month. :D I'll make the goal list and add my own goal tomorrow after my morning weigh-in... see you then!

I am worth it
05-01-2011, 11:37 AM
I'd like to join this month. The scale has been steadily going up the past 7 months. It was ugly to have to add 6 pounds to my current weight from this year so it would be correct. My goal for May is to stay on plan. I know if I do that, the weight will come off at it's own pace. I just have to ACTUALLY TRY to eat right for the whole day - one day at a time.

Laynee
05-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Yay - a May challenge. It's been a while since I posted, but I've been on a bit of a plateau for the past month, so my May goal is to hit 165lbs.
Cheers everyone.
Laynee

freethetoys
05-01-2011, 02:27 PM
im so in.
i have come back to the site many years in a row, always desperate to get under 170... so thats my goal for may im 173 now, to loose 4lbs in 30 days will be amazing, will mean that i finally FINALLY break a two year plateau....
*loose 4lbs
*remain strong and on plan even when weight loss is slow
*continue fat burning exercise
*introduce strength training weekly
*be more positive about weight loss and diet plan, feel good about being healthy not deprived.

carvedmarmalade
05-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Yay for May!!
Last couple of months have been pretty slow for me going down little bits at a time. Super happy to be so close to onderland I have faith that May will be a great month :D Good luck to everyone:carrot:

I want to kick off spring with a better loss so going for 5lbs for May.

chickadee32
05-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Happy May, all!! I hope everyone is starting out with a great on-target day today! :)

My goal for the month is to lose 10 lbs, and our group's list of goals is below.

May Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

sweck08: Lose 10 lbs
DrivenByAmbition: Lose 5 lbs
ish: Lose 8 lbs
Ferumbas: Lose 12 lbs; stick to SB; record intake; calorie count
Focused Lani: Lose 8 lbs
opheliaphoenix: Lose 10 lbs
rmc9142: Lose 12 lbs
laceymarie: Drink water w/ every meal/snack; count calories only 2x/week; eat healthy after-school snack only if hungry
blinkworks: Lose 12 lbs; record intake daily; eat low carb and count calories
ready4skinny: Record intake; drink 8 glasses water daily; no fast food
I am worth it: Stay on plan
Laynee: Reach 165 lbs
carvedmarmelade: Lose 5 lbs
freethetoys: Lose 4 lbs; stay on plan; be more positive
chickadee32: Lose 10 lbs

Remember that exercise goals can be posted in our sister thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/232116-may-exercise-challenge.html

Good luck to everyone this month! :flow1:

lacey marie
05-01-2011, 04:37 PM
^
l
l
l
I feel bad that my goal is so complexly written and everyone else's is so easily spoken!
Good luck to all May Challengers, and keep up your good work, whether that means continuing your diet, starting a new one, or anything between the lines! :)

Kheva74
05-01-2011, 09:39 PM
As a newbie on 3FC, I'd like to join in the challenge.
So, here is my May goal: Lose 15 pounds.

WestieGirl
05-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I'm in too! Time to start exercising and eating healthy again. My goal is six pounds for May.

brooksider09
05-01-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm new to the site. Hopefully setting a goal will give me the jump start I need!

I'm in a sorority sister's wedding in mid-June, so I'd hoped to have a bit of weight off by then because bridesmaid's dresses are a source of unnecessary anxiety....

Just through cutting my calories and watching what I eat, I've lost 15 pounds since January, but I definitely can do better and exercise more!

Goal: Drink water every day and lose 10 pounds this month (for a total of 25 since January)

TERAPET
05-01-2011, 10:50 PM
Hi Chicks,

I have been gaining steadily since January with a total now of about 10 pounds gained. Yikes. I have gotten some of my bad eating habits back in line but still struggling. My goal for the month of may is to lose 5 pounds. There was a time I would not have considered that too ambitious but I have had so much trouble lately. I am going to make it my goal anyway. I am going to take it one day at a time.

May is a great month to get things in order and take off a little for swimsuits and sun dresses. WooHoo!

surrendertolis
05-01-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm going to shoot for a 5 pound loss in May.

cheerios
05-02-2011, 04:19 AM
i want to join and my goal would be to lose 10lbs this month and exercise at least 5 days a week

CaitLA
05-02-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm excited for this! My weight loss goal for the month of May is 20 pounds (I'm doing Medifast, so I hope this is achievable).

takingcontrol
05-02-2011, 05:31 PM
Hello everyone and good luck :)

I'm setting my goal for May to get back to my ticker weight and then get going again from there! After a terrible April enjoying myself way too much, I need to get back on the wagon!

I'll weigh in in the morning to see what the damage is!

CarlaVeg
05-02-2011, 06:23 PM
Hello I am new and I'd like to join this challenge!

I need to lose a total of 6-8 pounds. I have lost most of my baby weight... it took me 1 year!!!! but 6-8 lbs more would be great!!! I am thinking 3 lbs in May would be great!

I love exercising to videos!!!!! but I injured myself doing some workouts and I am in physical therapy right now. So I have to go easy on the workout department.

Another goal is to eat less SUGAR! I swear I can eat chocolate every day LOL!

Anyway, hopefully we can all meet our goals. Thanks for having this challenge :carrot:

chickadee32
05-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Welcome to the new challengers! Sorry I haven't been able to update the goal list just yet, but my husband is quite sick and I haven't been able to get here the way I usually do. I'll update list as soon as I'm able. Thanks, and hope everyone's first two days have gone well.

Ferumbras
05-02-2011, 09:19 PM
All the best to your husband. Hope he feels better soon.

takingcontrol
05-03-2011, 05:23 AM
Hi Chickadee, sorry to hear about your husband, I hope he's better soon, don't worry about the goals on here :)

OK weighed in this morning at 85kg or 187.4lb, 13 stone 5lb. So I'm going to make my goal to get back down to my ticker weight first, but do my best to get down to 180lb, but as I'm finding it hard to make good choices back in the UK, i'll take getting back on track for this month!

Good luck all:)

SW = 187.4
CW = 187.4
GW1 = 183
GW2 = 180

JasonsLea
05-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Hey girls.

I know I disappeared last month and I apologize. I (finally) got a job (Walmart) and they have been giving me crazy hours. Depression has been beating me down. And I gained 5 lbs last week. :( Just hoping May is better than the end of April.

May Goal: -10 lbs

:hug:

rmc9142
05-03-2011, 03:42 PM
chickadee, hope your husband is feeling better soon.

This has been a pretty good week so far. Staying OP, staying active. The beautiful Spring weather certainly helps the mindset!

Have a great day everyone!

May
Goal: -15lbs
Current: -3lbs

Ms Perception
05-03-2011, 04:13 PM
My goals are:
1. Plan/Track my food at least 5 days/wk
2. Eat On Plan at least 5 days/wk
3. Get back to ticker weight, then we'll go from there...

Tahnee
05-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I would love to join this challenge as well

My goal for May is to lose 10 pounds and stay binge free for the whole month!

Beila
05-05-2011, 01:31 AM
Hi Everyone!

Here are my Challenge for May:

-Be binge free for 1 month
-Reach 140's (hopefully 146-148 by the end)
-Go to the gym every day
-Count calories and stay under 1200 everyday
-Drink more water (aim for 64 oz every day)

Good luck everyone!

ms23
05-05-2011, 03:38 AM
It's 4 days into May and today I did horrible after a great 2 days I had but tomorrow is a new day and new opportunity to redeem myself.

My goal for May is 10lbs.

NO fast food/junk food.
Hit the gym 5 days a week & no skipping workouts.
Track what I eat. Stay under 1600 calories.

Good luck to everyone!

freethetoys
05-05-2011, 04:25 AM
update:

hey all so far down 1.5lbs and lost a bit on the old measuring tape which is a nice non scale victory.
But TOM is coming, and for me that means a 2 week bloat, so ill enjoy my 1.5lb loss now before everyone hits target and im up 3lbs in 13 days :(
im gonna just keep going and hope friday 20th will be a nice number closer to my target :)
thanks
free x

susiemartin
05-05-2011, 06:18 AM
I'm in - better late than never :D

Spent the past 2 weeks binging :( and it really shows. My weight is skyrocketing.

For me most of my weight problem is in my head.

So I've had to do a psych op on my head & promised myself to only stay OP from today (5/5) to next Monday( 5/9).
The way the psych op goes is if I can't stand being OP after Monday morning then I'm going back to binging. Knowing me once I get past 3 or 4 days I'll be fine. It's the getting me past 4 days that's the hard part.

My May goals:
12 lbs.
Check In to 3FC if only to type*ugh*

Hope everyone has a good day - I'm off to plan my food & exercise...*ugh*....

Focused Lani
05-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Well the scale is still bouncing around like it's on caffeine pills :( Official weigh in day is Saturday - hoping for a small loss, or at least a standstill. . . anything but a GAIN grrr (gained one week while being POP)

Free - nice NSV AND SV :P My dreaded TOM bloat is due to hit towards the end of the month :/ So I never know where I'm gonna be grr

Chickadee - I hope the hubby gets well soon :hug:

chickadee32
05-06-2011, 02:09 AM
My husband has been in the hospital since Monday morning, and I've been here with him almost non-stop until today, and so I've been off my usual eating/exercise schedule. I've been doing my best to continue to eat as well as I can, but certainly my calories haven't been as restricted as usual. Still, I weighed while at home today to take a shower, and I'm down a touch on the scale from Sunday (-0.7 lbs), so at least I'm not falling off too badly! I also went to the gym tonight, which felt really good. :D

Thanks for all the well-wishes for my husband! You all are very kind. He is doing MUCH better, and we expect he'll be released tomorrow afternoon. I promise to update the goal list after we get home and settled, either tomorrow night or Saturday during the day. :)

I hope everyone is doing well so far this month, and keep sticking to it!

Ferumbras
05-06-2011, 02:21 AM
I'll keep my fingers crossed for him. :)

susiemartin
05-06-2011, 08:17 AM
chickadee32- Hope your husband is feeling better soon

rmc9142
05-06-2011, 09:33 AM
chick, you and your husband are in my thoughts . . . best wishes for a homecoming today! And congrats on getting to the gym last night - that took a lot of dedication. (I would be tempted to nap!)

Gwen
05-06-2011, 09:51 AM
I missed my April goal, but I finally broke through the 195 plateau - :D My goal for May is to lose 8 lbs!

Chicadee - so glad you hubby is doing better!

sweck08
05-06-2011, 03:34 PM
2 lbs lost in May so far. 8 more to go!

ish
05-06-2011, 11:56 PM
I just noticed that I posted a goal weight loss without a goal weight. I was aiming for 8 pounds in May starting from a weight of 235. So I am aiming to be 227.

So far I've lost half a pound. I need to step things up!

kristian130
05-07-2011, 01:08 AM
This is excellent I'm doing the 100day challenge also, but this will help keep me focused for the month of May. My current weight 169. My goal weight is 155 by the end of May.So excited good luck everyone!!!!!

chickadee32
05-07-2011, 05:05 AM
Thanks so much for the well-wishes, all. :) My husband was discharged from the hopsital this afternoon, and we are extremely happy to be home. While in the hospital he was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and will have to be on insulin, and so we have a lot of challenges ahead of us as we work to change his diet and lifestyle in the coming months. I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but know that he and I can and will handle this. Our first goal is to get him off the insulin as quickly as we can.

I was totally unable to count calories the past 5 days and only exercised once, but I checked my weight when we got home today and was at 226.2, so somehow I managed to keep my calories low enough to lose 2.2 lbs since Sunday. I'm very relieved that I'm not up on the scale, but TOM seems to be starting and so who knows where I'll be tomorrow. I am back on calorie counting though, and tomorrow my husband is planning to go to the gym with me - his first time ever! :)

I hope everyone has had a good week, and I really look forward to being back around again! The updated goal list is below... welcome to our new challengers, and please let me know if I've gotten any information wrong or missed anyone!

Updated May Weight Loss Challenge Goal List
Please let me know if any info is incorrect
Also let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

laceymarie: Drink water w/ every meal/snack; count calories only 2x/week; eat healthy after-school snack only if hungry
Kheva74: Lose 15 lbs
WestieGirl: Lose 6 lbs
brooksider09: Lose 10 lbs; drink water daily
TERAPET: Lose 5 lbs
surrendertolis: Lose 5 lbs
cheerios: Lose 10 lbs
CaitLA: Lose 20 lbs
takingcontrol: Get back to ticker weight
CarlaVeg: Lose 3 lbs; eat less sugar
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs
Ms Perception: Plan/track food 5 days/wk; eat on plan 5 days/wk; get back to ticker weight
Tahnee: Lose 10 lbs; stay binge free
Beila: Be binge free for 1 month; reach 140s; count calories; stay under 1200 cals/day; drink more water
ms23: Lose 10 lbs; no fast food/junk food; track food; stay under 1600 cals/day
susiemartin: Lose 12 lbs; check in to 3FC daily
Gwen: Lose 8 lbs
kristian130: Reach 155

Remember that exercise goals can be posted in our sister thread http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/232116-may-exercise-challenge.html

brooksider09
05-07-2011, 12:35 PM
Chickadee -- So glad your husband was able to go home!

I'm down 3.6 pounds since May 1 (for a total of 17 this year). Just a little bit more to go! Thanks for keeping me motivated, guys!

rmc9142
05-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Glad to hear all of your good news Chickadee - hubby home, weight loss, etc. Sorry for the diagnosis, but it seems like you both have a solid plan of action. Best of luck!

My month's going pretty well; I've lost about 5.5 lbs. I don't expect to lose at that same rate for the rest of the month. There's always a large drop the first week, at least for me. But, I am motivated so we shall see . . .

Have a great day everyone!

opheliaphoenix
05-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Haven't updated in this thread for a few days, so wanted to pop in really quick. My weigh-in this morning was 228.4, so 2.2 lbs lost in May so far. I still have another week before I leave for California, so I'm hoping to make it to at least 5 lbs down before next Saturday...we'll see.

Welcome to all the new challengers (:wave:), and Chickadee - I'm glad your husband is feeling better and is home now! Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise, and you will both make each other stronger with this new, mutual lifestyle. It's always so much more motivating to have someone so close going through it with you. I wish you both the best!

susiemartin
05-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Check In Time
Not doing as good as I could...but I'm still trying.

Ms Perception
05-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Not exactly been a model health-wise so far this month. Well, maybe modeling bad behavior, but that's all set aside. Today I've handled the meals well enough and feel pretty good. I've been disastrous as far as drinking water too which has only made thigs worse, of course.
Working on EVERYTHING right now so it's a little overwhelming, but I found a new website that helps with meal planning and grocery lists and stuff. I'm thinking I might try it and see if it helps since I'm struggling to plan meals on busy days. Then I would also not be tempted to buy junk at the grocery store since they provide you with the grocery lists and everything.

carvedmarmalade
05-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Blah blah blah! Worked my butt off last week for .5lb & 1" loss :(

So discouraging I'm going to monitor my weight daily maybe it'll drop in a day or two.

Going to try and stay focused and not let it get me down too much. I have to work on my instant gratification issues :lol:

1.5 pounds away from onderland just can't come fast enough!

rmc9142
05-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Sounds like everyone is kind of frustrated.

Carved - Congrats on being only 1.5 away! I can't wait to get there myself.

Ms Perception, could you share that website? I find myself also having problem on busy days. I've been good about staying within my calorie range, but some days all I do is graze. It's all pretty much healthy stuff, but I should probably make a meal, rather than eat 3 string cheese sticks, etc.!

chickadee32
05-10-2011, 01:53 AM
Hi all! Hope everyone's week is going well so far. :) I have been on-plan food wise and finally got to the gym tonight, and so far I'm down 3.5 lbs this month. I need to get to my goal to stay on track to hit onderland by my birthday at the end of July! Having to wear a swimsuit around my husband's family for an entire week in early August is good motivation, lol.

brooksider: Great loss so far this month! :carrot: Keep it up!

rmc: Wow, more than 5 lbs already? Awesome! Even if that rate of loss doesn't continue, it's nice to get that boost at the start to help with motivation, huh? :)

ophelia: I am keeping my fingers crossed that you'll hit your mid-month goal! I am sure you can do it. And yes - I think in some ways this will be a very good thing. :) I just need to get us into a routine so that I can get past the stress I'm feeling over it... I just want for him to be ok, and I'm not sure yet how to get him there.

susie: Keep checking in, and let us help motivate you!

MsP: It sounds like you're under a lot of stress right now. :hug: I am glad the meal planning will help some - it seems like a good plan. Can you keep some fast/easy things around the house for meals on nights when your super busy and weren't able to plan ahead? I totally go for foods packaged for convenience when I need to... I'm thinking packages of pre-chopped veggies for stir-fry, the frozen packets of rice that just get tossed in the microwave, etc. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? A lot of their stuff really helps me when I'm in a rush.

carved: I hate weeks like that. :( Could it be hormonal? Either way, you KNOW you're doing the work and the weight is coming off, it's just not reflected on the scale yet. You will see that loss that you've already earned, it just might take a few more days. And then you'll blow right past 200 when you see that whoosh!!

Thank you again, ladies, for the happy wishes for my husband and him getting back home. This month has been stressful so far, and I really do appreciate your thoughts a lot. :)

Ms Perception
05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
rmc9142-It's called E-Mealz. I think the website is just e-mealz.com. There is a small cost involved, but it's totally worth it to have a plan...and have someone do the work for you!

chickadee-There is undoubtedly some stress since I'm working and would rather be gardening and meal planning, etc. I just realize what an incredible challenge it is to balance it all.

On a positive note, I think I've found a renewed desire to reach my goals. I'd lost the motivation to even try very much, but I read pieces of a book last night that really reminded me that I don't want to take the lazy way out and end up back at my high weight. I want to be confident in my clothes, in a swimsuit, etc. I also want to get back some of the energy that has dwindled. It's worth the work. I'd lost sight of that. I'm not saying I'll be 100% OP all the time, but I've gotten a glimpse of what I want again.

susiemartin
05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Doing better :) I also doing the 100 Day/100% Challenge and today is 2/2

Focused Lani
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
I went off the rails for the very first time since starting this journey :eating2: - blah dusting myself off and jumping straight back on the wagon. As for my May goal . . . well hopefully the scales are nice to me on the 31st

Gwen
05-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I've been doing my own version of eating clean since January, but I just bought The Eat Clean Diet Recharged book. It has meal plans, shopping plans, snacking plans, recipes. I'm loving this book! Here's a link to their website below, but I bought the book from amazon.com - $11.97 there.

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/ success stories - recipes and more.

Ferumbras
05-10-2011, 04:24 PM
I'll make that more specific:

1. Lose 12 pounds in May.
2. Stick to the SB diet plan.
3. Exercise every day: 30 min. strength/core, 30 min. cardio.
4. Record everything I eat.
5. Count calories.

Well, #2 has gone out the window, as I'm now working with a nutrition center, but I am staying on a plan, so that counts, right?

My workouts are going well, not always a strict 30/30, but good nonetheless. I will, however, fail for the next week, due to being out of town. Oh well.

#4 and #5 have not been a problem at all.

And as for #1? Well, I'm down 6 pounds since I started this challenge, so that's half the battle before the month is half over. I can handle that. :) Hopefully the weight loss will continue apace and I'll manage to meet my goal.

Hope all you ladies are doing well!

JasonsLea
05-10-2011, 10:15 PM
:wave: girls.

I hope you all are doing okay.

WI from Friday: -3.8

I'm so-so about that. I know it's because all I've been eating is PB&J and drinking green tea. I don't have food stamps or money (next three paychecks have to go to my landlady to catch up on my rent) so I'm eating what's left in my cupboards. :/ Completely worn out from work, Walmart is really taking advantage of the whole 'open availability' thing. I'm probably going to end up taking summer courses so I won't be able to go visit the family this summer. :( Life just sucks right now.

chickadee32
05-11-2011, 02:06 AM
MsP: I'm glad you're feeling motivated again. :) I wish I could give you a few more hours in the day!

susie: Great idea to start the 100 days challenge!

Lani: Good job getting back on track. :) Just keep pushing toward the end of the month - any loss means you'll weigh less on June 1 than on May 1, and that is an achievement!

Gwen: Good luck with the clean eating. Most days I eat decently well, but eating completely clean would be tough for me. I rely on Fiber One bars for breakfast, etc.

Ferumbras: I think that definitely counts! And congratulations on that great loss so far this month!

JasonsLea: I'm sorry you're having such a tough time right now. :hug: It sounds like you have some tough challenges on this journey. Are there any family members or friends nearby with whom you could have a few meals, just so you can get some additional nutrition in? I wish I were closer - I'd definitely be happy to have you over for a meal.

Edit: I forgot to mention: I hit my 20% weight loss goal today!! I've been looking forward to this one (though it strangely doesn't feel like as big of a success as hitting my 10% goal did). Now - working toward onederland!!! And when I get there it will be my lowest weight since college (I graduated in 2000), and a lower weight than my husband has ever seen me at. I will be over the moon. :D

susiemartin
05-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Day 3 - still OP :)

Ferumbras
05-11-2011, 09:19 AM
@chikadee: Congrats on reaching 20%! Way to go!

JasonsLea
05-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Chickadee ~ Congratulations! Good job. And thanks for thinking of me. :hug: No, I have no one near by. My family and close friends all live in another state and the three friends I have down here live across town, none of us have cars. :( So, yeah.

Gwen
05-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Chicadee - Congratulations on 20%!

I realized today that I'm comming up to the 6 month mark. I started this final diet in January and June is almost here. So, I have until the end of June to lose 1/2 the weight I'd planned to lose this year... which was to hopefully be 60lb.
18 lost so far, 30-18= 12 by the end of June. That doesn't sound unreasonable! I'm on a mission now. :cheer2: Better kick it up a notch!

susiemartin
05-12-2011, 07:35 AM
ChickadeeCongrats!!!:carrot:

Still OP here
Hope your day is a good one

rmc9142
05-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Great job Chickadee! I know you've been navigating some rough waters lately, so your accomplishment is especially impressive!

Gwen, 12 lbs by the end of June is totally doable. Good luck and congrats on almost being 1/2 there.

JasonsLea, so sorry to hear of the rough time you're having. Stress can make everything in life so much more difficult, so I give you a lot of credit for sticking with this weight loss journey. Hope good times are in your very near future.

Ferumbras, being outside of my normal routine is always a challenge for me. Good luck while you're out of town; I'm sure you'll do well. I'd be interested in hearing how the nutrition center changed your eating plan, if you're comfortable sharing.

Susie, you're doing great! Those first few days are the hardest. Keep up the great work.

Lani, great attitude! This is a lifelong change, so we're all going to have bad days (maybe even weeks or months). I think being able to catch yourself before doing too much damage or giving up completely is almost as important as losing the weight to begin with. Bravo!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Ferumbras
05-12-2011, 09:55 AM
@rmc: The nutrition center/weight loss clinic has put me on a 900 calorie/day plan, which is 100-200 lower from what I was doing on my own. I have to eat every 2-3 hours, small meals that are very high in protein. I can't eat and not have at least 10 g of protein. I also have to eat within an hour of waking up and going to bed. All this is to one 1) prevent muscle mass depletion and stimulate fat burning and 2) teach my body's metabolism that there is plenty of food around so it doesn't need to store anything. They also gave me a prescription appetite suppressant and a bunch of supplements.

The hardest part is eating on schedule, esp. when I'm at this conference and my eating times fall during people's presentations. However, I do have a drink mix with me that's part of the plan, and drinking isn't nearly as rude as eating. I'll still sit in the back for that session, though.

@Gwen: You can definitely make your goal by the end of June. It's awesome that you're almost there. :)

susiemartin
05-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Still OP - the scale is starting to move again :)

susiemartin
05-14-2011, 09:33 AM
Still OP :)

sweck08
05-14-2011, 11:01 AM
I lost 3.4 lbs this week, so I've lost 5.5 lbs for this month. Only 4.5 to go! :)

Ms Perception
05-15-2011, 12:05 AM
Feelreally good about the last 4 or 5 days. Spper last night and lunch today weren't perfect, but otherwise, I'm very pleased and feel like I'm in a good place mentally still. I'm fighting off a cold and feel physically worn, but that's fine as long as I keep my head on straight!

rmc9142
05-15-2011, 02:12 PM
Congrats to all the losers and those of us who are still trying!

I'm down 1.8 this week, for a total of 8 lbs for the month. I feel like I lost 8 lbs and the scale tells me I have, but I don't really see it yet. But, I have noticed that my attitude has changed - even with this small start. I feel better about myself and have been spending more time taking care of myself - hair, nails, even a little shopping. All stuff that, on some level, I didn't feel I deserved before.

Have a great day everyone.

carvedmarmalade
05-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Still no big loss to report :?: I've kept up the momentum last week which has left me exahusted & my body hasn't been this sore since December/January so I must be doing something right haha
I'm going to keep up the daily workouts come **** or high water, the scale has to drop at some point so I'll wait it out ;)
Workouts have been great & I've been eating really good but I still catch myself skipping meals during the week.
Down .5lb last week and no inches but I did step up my strength/conditioning training so maybe that's what is going on.
Time will tell :D

:carrot:Congrats chickadee & susie!!:carrot:

Ferumbras
05-15-2011, 03:00 PM
@rmc: Honestly, it takes me forever to see a change in myself, but by DH notices. So I go my him and how he says it feels to hug me. :) Granted, he's saying it in part to make me feel better, I'm sure, but hey, I like to feel better. :D

@carved: Keep with it. Think of all the strength you're building!

susiemartin
05-15-2011, 09:48 PM
Another OP day :carrot:

chickadee32
05-16-2011, 02:23 AM
Thanks for the congrats, all! I am definitely still struggling with feeding my husband, and so I'm pretty grateful for the weight loss I'm managing at this point. Halfway through the month I am down by 5.7 lbs, and so a little more than halfway to my monthly goal. Hopefully I'll be able to make it. :)

Gwen: Good luck working toward the end of June! It definitely seems do-able!

Ferumbras: Are you back at home? How did the travel work out for you? I have a conference myself coming up in a month, in Croatia, and I'm kind of terrified about trying to manage my diet while there. I managed ok in Chicago in February, but Eastern Europe is a whole other ball of wax, lol.

susie: Fantastic having so many on-plan days! Keep it up!

sweck: Great job so far this month! I'm sure the second half will go just as well. :)

MsP: Glad you're feeling in control and on track. :) It's tough to fit it in some days (or everyday? lol), but it's also one fewer thing to worry/stress about when you know you're on track.

rmc: Awesome job!!! 8 lbs is huge! :carrot: I completely understand what you mean about not being able to SEE the changes... I never feel like I can either. But they are there, and they'll be more and more obvious as time goes on. About a month ago I was looking in the bathroom mirror, fooling with my hair or something, and I saw a lump on my wrist. My immediate mental reaction was, "OMG, what is that lump?? I have a tumor on my wrist??" I reached up and touched it... and it was my wrist bone. :lol: It had been so long since I'd seen it, I didn't even recognize it! The changes are subtle at the start, but they are there and more are on their way. :)

carved: Great job on the workouts! It might benefit your weight loss to take a little break from the heavy physical work at some point... all that water you're retaining from the tough workouts will just melt right off. :)

Good luck to everyone this coming week!

Tahnee
05-16-2011, 01:06 PM
I had my weigh in this morning and didn't lose anything. I did really well all week except Thurs/Fri when I went out of town for my boyfriend's birthday. We did a lot of drinking and a lot of eating so I expected this. I'm super motivated now to make up for last week!

Overall, I'm down 4 lb in May. 6 to go :)

brooksider09
05-17-2011, 09:48 AM
My results this week are all over the place.

At my Saturday weigh-in, I was down 8 on the month, which put me just two pounds away from my goal for the month. Today, I'm a bit cranky because I'm somehow now down only 2.

I am trying really hard to be optimistic and know that numbers fluctuate all. the. time. but, it's definitely a little bit of a downer. I did a great boot camp class yesterday that I plan to repeat and drank, I kid you not, more than 100 ounces of water which is insane for me. So we'll see what happens next?

rmc9142
05-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Ferumbras, I like your method of measurement!! :lol:

Susie, you are like a machine with all of your OP days, just cranking them out, one after the other! Great job!

Tahnee, I think it's great that you were able to enjoy your weekend, then come back committed to getting right back to it. I think that's a really important skill to learn if this is really a new lifestyle and not just a diet.

brooksider09, don't be discouraged. As you said, numbers fluctuate all the time. Keep working out and staying on plan and I'm sure you'll reach your goal - there's two whole weeks left in the month!

I'm wondering if I should adjust mine though. 6.5 lbs in two weeks seems a bit ambitious, now that the first whoosh is over and that's what I'd need to lose to make goal. But, I think I'll leave things as is and just see what shakes out. I've found that I'm not too disappointed if I see no change or even a slight gain on a day-to-day basis, as long as I know I've worked out and eaten well. Maybe this time it really is a life-long change I've made. Finally. :)

About a month ago I was looking in the bathroom mirror, fooling with my hair or something, and I saw a lump on my wrist. My immediate mental reaction was, "OMG, what is that lump?? I have a tumor on my wrist??" I reached up and touched it... and it was my wrist bone. It had been so long since I'd seen it, I didn't even recognize it!

Chick, this had me laughing all day! Keep up the great work. :D

Ferumbras
05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
@rmc: Thanks! I just got back from my conference last night. This morning, my DH comes up and and gives me a back rub and asks, "Have you lost weight?" I acknowledge that I lost almost 3 pounds while gone. His response? "Your back is more muscular." WooHoo!! The workouts have been working!

Ferumbras
05-17-2011, 03:06 PM
@chickadee: I am finally back. Took forever though, as one of my flights was delayed, making me miss my connection. But I made it.
Have fun in Croatia! When I was younger, I went vegetarian for about a year--had to end it while I was living in Poland. I'm sure you'll be able to manage though. Foreign countries are always a little tough, but there will be protein and veggies around, so you should do fine. :)

chickadee32
05-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Tahnee: Special occasions are definitely tough. If you didn't gain, I think that's pretty darn good!

brooksider: It sounds to me like you're just retaining a bunch of water after that tough workout! The scale can EASILY go up by several pounds when you really tear up some of those muscles that don't normally get that kind of use. If you haven't gone off-plan, then you haven't gained weight. Keep drinking the water, keep moving to help move the water out of your muscles, and give it a few days and you'll probably be right back down. :)

rmc: Thanks! My vote is to keep your goal where it is. :) You may or may not meet it, but it doesn't hurt to shoot for it! It's true that the weight comes off quickest at the start, but I still have weeks where I lose 3+ lbs (and weeks where I lose < 1 lb! It's hormonal for me). Give it your best, and wherever you end up be super pleased with all you've done this month - because you've done really well!

Ferumbras: Congrats on losing while you were out of town!! That takes a lot of dedication, but it's so worth it to come home and see the scale down. :) LOL, yeah, I can imagine it would be tough to be a vegetarian while living in Poland! I've been to Eastern Europe a few times, and there's definitely no avoiding meat there. In my experience, in Croatia you can pretty much expect that there's some sort of pig product in everything, lol. But you're right: if I focus on lean meats, vegetables and fruits and go light on grains, I should probably be ok. I think the sodium is going to be the biggest issue... last time I was there, my feet and ankles swelled up hugely, and I couldn't even get my shoes on my feet! Hopefully I won't have the same problem this time.

Well, the scale had been holding steady for several days, but this morning I finally saw a drop and was really pleased by that. 7.5 lbs down and 2.5 lbs to go for my May goal, and even better - almost to the 210s! It's odd... I still have so far to go to reach my weight loss goal, but yet I still can't quite believe that I'm at the lowest weight I've been in 9 years. I'm amazed every time I think about it. *I* did this?? I truly never thought I could. Weight loss was something other people could do, but something I just wasn't capable of, didn't have the willpower for. Who woulda thunk? :D

Ferumbras
05-18-2011, 12:58 PM
@chickadee: Congrats for almost being at your goal! That's fantastic! And I know what you mean by not believing you could do this. I'm right there with you (of course, for the longest time I was in denial that I even needed to really lose weight or diet). Even after my last binge I was convinced I'd never get the regained pounds off before July, but I'm almost through with them, just another 3.4 pounds to go. And I only started in May!
I admit, I love the meat and potatoes cuisine of Eastern Europe. I could--and have--lived on it and oh man is it delicious. But for losing weight, not the best thing in the world. Have a great time while you're in Croatia. How long will you be gone?

Gwen
05-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Jasonlea, I'm concerned for you. I've read some of your blog and wish I could help you. Life will suck at times, at times it's fantastic, most of the time it's just blah... It's up to us to find our happiness. I saw the test results on your blog:
You are in a perpetual quest to find the new, the exciting. Knowledge is best gained through an intimate association with the matter at hand. ...you are talented in an established field of endeavor. Emotions come and go without a strong understanding of their causes. (WOW, you're human!... imho) You live by your own codes of conduct, which can be noble or terrible depending on the individual. (human again) Rarely verbally effusive, you can at times feel as if your feelings are too deep for words. You are very observant, but rarely express these observations to others.

It made me think that you can use the Walmart job to experience joy - yes, joy - a new and exciting quest! Your test results state that you are very observant - use it to observe the joyful customers - say hello - smile - tell yourself you are joyful! It should start to rub off on you. I'll be praying for you!

carvedmarmalade
05-18-2011, 08:43 PM
Having a crappy week *sigh* trouble at my sons school, mad at my boss & looking for a new job. I'm tried and cranky and TOM paid me a visit this morning. I've been so busy a forgot to check my weight this week so I'm not sure where I am, but I'm really hoping I'll be under 200 by the end of TOM.

@Jasonlea Sorry your still in a crappy place:( I work with staff in Walmart (I'm a sales rep) not many people seem very happy, it's really a lot more stressful then one would think! :hug: Have you tried searching the threads for others in your situation? It might help to chat with others in your "shoes" so to speak. Try to hang in there :hug:

@Ferumbras Great job on the 3lbs:D:D

Hope everyone's having a happy Wednesday!

JasonsLea
05-19-2011, 03:57 AM
:wave: girls.

I've been out and naughty (and not in the oh-so-good way I would like to be ;)). Monday, I woke up to chest pains and numbness in my right arm. I ended up in the hospital and was diagnosed with a pinched nerve. :dz: So they drugged me up and sent me home with orders to take the rest of the week off. I go back to work on Sat. My eating has been just shyt. There will definitely be a gain on Friday. I start my new shift Sat (overnight: 10 pm to 7 am) and I'm hoping both my eating and sleep will get back on track now that I will be having steady hours instead of the insane hours they were giving me. Since it's almost a given that I will not be able to go home for a visit this summer, I'm looking into taking summer courses at school. The only problem would be that I would have to pay out of pocket since I'm getting my summer financial aid request in late. We'll see what happens. Hope you all are doing great!

Gwen - Thank you. :hug: I'm really trying.

CarvedMarmalade - It is very stressful. Rather ridiculous actually. This is definitely not career material. And I'm sorry it's been such a crappy week for you! :hug:

:grouphug:

Ms Perception
05-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Going ok here. Had a few twinkies yesterday...YUM! Otherwise all is well. Time is short, gotta enjoy my weekend.

Ferumbras
05-21-2011, 03:43 PM
@JasonsLea: How are you holding up? Is your pinched nerve any better?

rmc9142
05-22-2011, 09:15 AM
JasonsLea, hope you're feeling better! A pinched nerve is not fun. Glad to hear that your hours at work will be more reasonable.

Carved, hope your week got better as well. How old is your son? We were lucky in that we had very few problems with the kids' schools when they were younger, but man, did I get fired up when we did. You do NOT mess with my kids! :)

Ms Perception, I can honestly say, during my entire lifetime love affair with junk food, I have NEVER craved a Twinkie. They just do not appeal to me whatsoever! (And the list of foods that don't appeal to me is pretty short.)

rmc: Thanks! My vote is to keep your goal where it is. You may or may not meet it, but it doesn't hurt to shoot for it! It's true that the weight comes off quickest at the start, but I still have weeks where I lose 3+ lbs (and weeks where I lose < 1 lb! It's hormonal for me). Give it your best, and wherever you end up be super pleased with all you've done this month - because you've done really well!

Thanks for the encouragement. I did wind up keeping my goal where it was and used it as motivation to really work hard this week - I made it to the gym everyday and pushed myself once there. Another 3.4lbs gone (some due to a whoosh after TOM) and I'm within 4 lbs of my goal for the month. Only 10 or so days left, so I may not make it, but I'll be damn close and I'm feeling good. Thank you all so much for the inspiration!

Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

chickadee32
05-23-2011, 05:18 AM
Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been absent for a few days again - I had family in town Thursday-Sunday, and the days were long and hectic. Despite eating every meal out for three days in a row though, the scale is down and as of Sunday evening I seem to have met my May goal! I hope it wasn't just some weird scale fluke, lol.

Ferumbras: Congratulations on all the work you've put in so far, and the success you've seen! That's fantastic! And LOL, I love that kind of cuisine too. I'll be in Croatia for just a week, so hopefully not enough time to do too much damage! Now that onederland seems like something I might actually be able to achieve, I am feeling very motivated to stay on track as much as possible.

carved: I'm sorry it was such a crummy week for you. :hug: I hope this week will be an easier/less stressful one for you!

JasonsLea: Ouch, sorry about the pinched nerve! I hope the new hours (and less stressful scheduling!) will help things to go more smoothly for you this week.

MsP: *lalalala* I will not fall prey to the twinkie temptation! :D Hope you had a great weekend!

rmc: Awesome loss this week!! :carrot: What a fantastic month this has been for you... you're going to be in onderland anyday! I can't wait to find out what that feels like. :)

It's our last full week of the month... let's push toward those goals and finish the month off right! Have a great week all. :)

chickadee32
05-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Let me know when you reach a goal, so we can turn you Red

Ms Perception: Plan/track food 5 days/wk; eat on plan 5 days/wk; get back to ticker weight
Beila: Be binge free for 1 month; reach 140s; count calories; stay under 1200 cals/day; drink more water

Ferumbras
05-23-2011, 11:42 AM
@chickadee: Unfortunately, I've been stalled since Wednesday. Pissing me off, to be honest. I suppose I can't complain about my success earlier in the month, but this current plateau is really eating at me. I'm amazed you managed to get the scale to behave while you had so many distractions with your family visiting! Well done!

chickadee32
05-24-2011, 08:51 AM
Ferumbras: Thank you! I can totally understand your frustration, but try not to let it get to you too much. You've done an AMAZING job this month, and if you are expending more calories each day than you are eating, then you are definitely still losing - the scale just hasn't reflected your loss yet. Hormones, sodium intake, lack of sufficient sleep, stress, workouts that really tear up your muscles, etc. can all cause your body to hold on to water, and that will impact what you see on the scale. If you're on plan, then keep doing what you're doing, and you will see your work reflected on the scale eventually. Keep at it, you will see the drop soon! :hug:

rmc9142
05-24-2011, 10:29 AM
So, I looked at the updated May goal list that @chickadee posted and realized that I'd set my goal at 12 lbs. I'd been on the fence between 12 and 15 lbs and thought I'd decided on 15. But, since I went with 12 and since, as of this morning, I'm down another 1.7 lbs, I've somehow met my May goal.

I'll be very honest and tell you that this is usually where the wheels come off the wagon for me. The novelty of the "new" me wears off, the weight loss slows down, boredom sets in, etc. I also have a problem with an "all or nothing" mentality. This past month, I spent A LOT of time immersing myself in my new lifestyle - cruising the boards, reading articles, cooking, going to the gym. While I know it's all important, worthwhile stuff I was doing, I have neglected other things - like the business I'm in the process of launching. :dizzy: So, as I think of setting a June goal, I really want to learn to make all this just another part of my life. I know I'm always going to have to think about every single thing I eat if I want to maintain, but I need to learn to incorporate it into my life, rather than making it my entire life. That make sense? Any advise from you wise women? (We are all women, aren't we?)

Gwen
05-24-2011, 10:40 AM
4/03: 195
4/10: 195
4/17: 195
4/24: 193
5/01: 193 slow and steady wins the race????
5/08: 194
5/15: 192
5/24: 192 - I've seen every lb up to 197 this week!
5/29:

I have such muscles it's amazing! Well, that's what I'd like to attribute this lack of loss to, but I have to admit to not watching calories like a hawk. So, I'm back to logging in every bite (1400 yesterday). I'm also cutting back on weight training this week and upping hiit cardio. We'll see it that gets the scale moving down! (When I finally weigh 135 I'll have one rock hard body!)

rmc: you'll spend less and less time focusing on weight loss soon. When you have all this knowledge under your belt, and you start making healthy choices without a second thought it's simply amazing! Soon you'll be eating healthy, craving the gym, and have an abundance of energy for work! I PROMISE!:D

Ferumbras
05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Thank you, chickadee!

Congratulations, rmc, on hitting your goal. :cheer: And what you say does makes sense, but I think you'll have learned from the work you've done so far how to make those wiser choices without having to agonize like in the past (at least, I agonize!).

chickadee32
05-25-2011, 12:34 AM
rmc: Congratulations on meeting your May goal!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: That's fantastic! I, too, understand what you're saying, but I think that if you keep at eating well and exercising, your weight loss can still happen at a nice pace, and you can continue to lose weight without it being all-consuming. I tend to be an all or nothing person myself, and to be honest I'm surprised this weight loss stuff "stuck" for me past the first month or so. But at this point, the changes I feel and see in my body are so substantial that I don't think there's much of a danger of me giving this up... it just feels too damn good, and I want MORE! I think if you can push past this "hump" where the newness of focusing on weight loss wears off, you'll end up entering a phase where there is "newness" every day in how you feel and how you look. More and more now, I find small motivators everywhere, and they really add up. And, as Ferumbras and Gwen mentioned, in time you won't feel a need to have the weight loss-related work take up as much of your time or mental energy. While weight loss is still central in my daily thoughts, it's not a constant thought anymore. I don't plan to stop counting calories, but this month I've had some days where I was simply unable to count them (when my husband was in the hospital, this weekend when my family was in town and we ate every meal out at restaurants)... and I found that on all of those days I was able to keep my intake reasonable (most of the days I ate too little rather than too much), and I kept losing even without the counting. It won't always be absolutely necessary for you to pay strict attention to every single item you eat; you'll be able to make food decisions more intuitively as time goes on, and that will take some of the pressure off. Anyway, that's my two cents. :)

Gwen: I want your muscles! :) I'm definitely finding it hard to gain additional strength at this point; I think I'm just maintaining my muscle now. :( Good luck with the renewed calorie counting... I hope it gets you back to the losses you want to see!

brooksider09
05-25-2011, 08:38 AM
@rmc & Chickadee: Congrats on meeting your goals! That's so awesome/definitely inspiring for those of us still trudging forward!

I am uh, struggling on this goal, but trying to let it roll off my back.

I've been working out consistently, drinking lots of water and eating roughly 1100/1200 cals each day, and have somehow gotten stuck at around 4 lbs down. At one point during this challenge, I was at 7 lbs.

Chalking it up to stress, water weight and I can only *hope* some muscle.

That said, I'm also headed out of town for the rest of the month to go camping with my boyfriend, so tomorrow will be my last weigh-in until June 1. It'll be nice to not stare at my scale every day and to relax. Camping probably won't be great for my waistline - everyone tends to eat junk food and drink way too much beer - but I could seriously use the break. (:

Happy Memorial Day weekend, guys!

Tahnee
05-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Congrats rmc and chickadee on hitting your goal!! and to everyone else who is losing and maintaining!

I weighed in today at 181.4, down a pound from last week. At this point, I don't know if I'll be able to make my goal of 10lbs but I'm happy with the progress so far. It's just going a lot slower than I had anticipated :)

Ferumbras
05-25-2011, 04:16 PM
Enjoy your camping trip, brooksider. :)

chickadee32
05-27-2011, 01:48 AM
brooksider and Tahnee: Thank you!!

brooksider: Try not to worry about it too much. I feel like a broken record, lol, but if you're staying on plan (and it definitely sounds like you are) then you are likely still losing - it's just not showing up on the scale yet due to water retention. As you said, stress can definitely do that, as can your workouts, TOM, not enough sleep, etc. I hope that this weekend away is really relaxing for you, and you'll come back feeling refreshed. :)

Tahnee: Down is down, whether you hit a particular number or not! You're ahead of where you started at the beginning of May, and that means that's you've done a great job. :)

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!!

rmc9142
05-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks for all the support. You ladies are very inspiring! Still trudging through till the end of the month. Perhaps I'll even hit my original goal of 15 lbs. Either way, I'm very pleased with the work I've done and the progress I've made.

To those celebrating, have a great holiday weekend. And to those who serve, many, many thanks.

Ferumbras
05-28-2011, 07:16 PM
I restarted c25k today, this time actually running outside as opposed to on the elliptical. I'm tired now, but it felt good being able to do it without needing to all-out stop, even with my twisted ankle.

Even better, I'm .2 away from my May goal weight! And just in time!

Hope you all are having a great weekend.

chickadee32
05-28-2011, 10:15 PM
rmc: You've done fantastic this month! Even being anywhere close to 15 lbs is wild! Awesome job on staying with it. :)

Ferumbras: Way to go on C25K! It's such a good feeling to make it through a really challenging workout, and with the ankle difficulty to boot! And woohoo on being so close to your May goal!!!

Hope everyone is giving it their all these last few days of the month - wherever we are in relation to our goals, let's finish strong! Have a great weekend. :)

Beila
05-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Chickadee! I reached my 30 day binge free goal. But as for the others, still not there. Gym has been 6 days a week, but on certain days, I stay 4 huors. Water hasn't improved significantly, weight still 155.0-ish....anyways, I'm just happy that I made ONE of my goals! :)

Ferumbras
05-29-2011, 04:57 PM
chickadee: Thanks! I'm really excited to keep doing the c25k. It felt a lot better running outside than on the elliptical, I must admit. As for being close to my May goal... well, I gained nearly a pound, so I'm hovering between 174.8 and 175 right now. Hopefully it's just water retention from the working out and I'll still make 174 by Tuesday, but who knows? Still, 11 pounds lost for the month is not bad! Gotta remember that. :)

chickadee32
05-29-2011, 05:46 PM
Beila: SERIOUSLY AWESOME JOB!!!!!!! I have never had to struggle with binging myself, but from what I read around here I gather that it can be extremely difficult. I am so impressed that you managed to meet that goal! Do it again for June!!!!! Seriously, way to go.

Ferumbras: I hear you on the water weight! I have been battling it all week long, and am still up a pound from where I was on Monday despite eating on plan all week! And when I try to do any running at all, my scale shoots up by about 3 lbs, lol. But, if we're on plan we know we are losing, regardless of what the scale says. (Not that it's not completely frustrating in the meantime!) Whether the number on the scale on Tuesday is your goal number or not, you've done an amazing job this month! :) PS - I always use the morning of the first of the month as my end weight for the previous month and start weight for the next month. So if you don't see the number you're looking for on Tuesday, use your June 1 morning weight. :)

kristian130: Reach 155[/QUOTE]

rmc9142
05-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Great job Beila! That is an incredible accomplishment.

Ferumbras, 11 lbs for the month is excellent progress. Keep up the great work!!

Ferumbras
05-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Thanks, rmc!

CaitLA
05-31-2011, 08:04 PM
I made my goal and lost 20 lbs in May! I'm so glad my weight loss journey is off to a great start and now I feel like I can see it all the way through.

chickadee32
06-01-2011, 12:58 AM
Cait, way to go!! That's a fantastic loss! :carrot: And you're totally right - what a great way to start off this journey! You'll be super motivated for June. :)

I'll check back here again for any updates tomorrow on losses and goal progress for May. Wherever you ended up for the month, thanks for joining us and we hope you'll challenge yourself again in June!

carvedmarmalade
06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Way to go all you losers!!!:D

Didn't make my goal again. Down 1 whole pound but took my measurements this morning and I'm down 3.5" so that's a silver lining:D
Off to June I will have more time in June to get in workouts and plan meals so it should be a better month.

Happy June everyone!

chickadee32
06-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Way to go on those 3.5 inches, carved!!