Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/172/135

Default I just want to lose weight.. ugh

Everything just gets so overwhelming. All the time. I haven't been on plan lately I am starting back but feel like I've already failed. Its getting warm and everyone is going to the gym to workout. I don't have enough money to go to the gym. Its hard buying just healthy food when I have a husband who don't eat it. I feel like its just never gunna happen to me but I guess its worth a try... I really do wanna do this! Thanks for letting me rant =)
Tiffany lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #2  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

And so you shall. If you really want to do it, you can do it! Remember, all it takes for most people to lose weight is a calorie deficit. That's it! You don't need a gym membership or a house full of organic dark green leafy vegetables or overpriced diet products.

Weight loss isn't something that "happens" to people. It's something you have the power to do yourself. Don't fall into the trap of thinking you can't do it - you can!
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #3  
Berry and Me

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My husband wasn't keen on the idea of eating healthier at first. I only buy healthy food with the occasional treat now and then. He grumbled a lot at first but now he's a lot more into it because of the way that eating healthy makes him feel so much better. We have been eating healthier since November which was when I began my weight loss journey, now neither of us can really tolerate fast food or greasy pizza. Our bodies just don't do well on crap any more and we get sick. So it's been a complete lifestyle change and I am happy that we are getting healthier.

I would recommend trying to change one thing at a time. I started working out then what I did was add in vegetables to my diet, then I cut out soda, then fast food. You don't want to do it all at once because it's too much of a shock and then you find yourself feeling deprived and then you'll want to binge. Just take it slow. We still eat cake for dessert sometimes. I will have a chocolate bar once in a while. I just try to make sure my treats are in moderation and I stick with the serving size or 1/2 of the serving size.

You don't have to purchase a fancy gym membership to work out. I have dvds that I do. There's a whole world outside for you, you could start out by walking.

The most important part is deciding to do it and staying with it.
Lauren201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:31 PM   #4  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I agree with Lauren and Krampus!
My DH isn't in on my game plan either--so, he gets a meal at dinner and I eat something TOTALLY different!! And, that is OKAY by me! He doesn't have to live with the alter-ego that lives inside of me telling me what a complete fatty patty I am!

I am to thrifty to re-join a gym, so I took up as my fave sport! I also go to Zumba 3-4 x a week at local churches for $1 per class!! I LOVE IT!! My K9s keep my plenty busy with our daily hour-2hr walks at the local park, and I have a bike my parents gave me for my birthday about 5 yrs ago that I grace sometimes with my presence!

I'm to thrifty to keep Dish or Satellite, but opted for Netflix instead at $7.99 a month and get workout DVDs either on my pc or sent thru the mail.

The options are unlimited if you really are serious about doing something AWESOME for yourself and your body!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 11:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 180/172/135

Thanx for being so awesome you guys =) and the Ideas are great!
Tiffany lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #6  
Queen of Wishful Thinking

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to add that I hear ya on the husband eating unhealthily! My DH buys candy, doughnuts, and fast food all the time - and he's diabetic! Grrr. Just makes it harder for me to do the right thing.
2sw33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #7  

I just started my food change today. I really want to lose weight, I did a little dancing and walking, and have cut my calorie intake to 1,050, which I read was the lowest amount that was safe.I printed out papers to help me stay focused. I know how you feel, I just want to be thin. I am definintely thinking of this being a long term change, because I can't stay this big. I am 5'6 and must be getting around 200lbs by now. I used to be more careful of what I eat, but the last few years, I just let myself eat what I wanted, and am now seeing the effects. Going to work hard and make sure it happens! So don't think negatively, you must be positive!
Bluish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 07:52 AM   #8  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

1050 is too low and may not be safe without medical supervision. Keep it to 1200 or more.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote