Old 04-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #1  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Default EAS RTD vs. powder

So I'm making the switch from IP to alternative products and I recently purchased the EAS RTD in chocolate and I'm not a big fan of the taste. The IP RTD and powder chocolate drinks are really good and I'd like to find something that tastes good and will work for the program. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the EAS powder tastes better or if there is a better tasting powder out there? Thanks!
sp8275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:10 PM   #2  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

I haven't found an RTD as good as IP except the Atkins shakes, but they are a high in calories and fat. I use the EAS and put them in my coffee or tea.

I don't like any powder I have tried
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:53 PM   #3  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I didn't care for the EAS either, thinking I will try to blend it with ice add a sweet n low and some vanilla stevia drops.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:00 PM   #4  
Start IP 3/9/11

S/C/G: 215 /167.4 /130

Height: 5' 4"

My favorite way to make the EAS RTD's less "chalky" tasting is to put it in the blender with 2-3 ice cubes and a teaspoon or so of instant coffee, then blend. It's also good with a splash of SF caramel flavored syrup.
wekaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/172/158

Height: 5'6"

In looking for an alternative protein, I purchased Jay Robb Whey Protein, Pina Colada flavor. Its really good, no sugar and 1 carb. Bought it at GNC. I am just starting this, but looking to use alternative proteins. Cannot afford the IP program costs....the agency I work for just let 550 staff go. I can't jepordize losing my job during these hard times by taking off. I also take the Muscle Milk Lite, ready to go boxes to work for a snack. I don't like them, but they level off my sinking spells in the afternoon. I am learning so much from these threads. I KNOW I can lose weight (I've done it many times before)....can I really last 8 weeks on this program?
HoustonMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #6  
Nichole

I also didn't care for the EAS pre-made drinks. When I moved from IP products to alternatives I LOVED the pre-made Pure Protein frosty chocolate and oreo flavors. Didn't care for vanilla or the powdered version of the chocolate.
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #7  

I like the EAS RTD AdvantEDGE CARB CONTROL, Chocolate Fudge.

I don't like the taste of the powder, plus it's not as convenient.
Sherrie568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonMom View Post
In looking for an alternative protein, I purchased Jay Robb Whey Protein, Pina Colada flavor. Its really good, no sugar and 1 carb. Bought it at GNC. I am just starting this, but looking to use alternative proteins. Cannot afford the IP program costs....the agency I work for just let 550 staff go. I can't jepordize losing my job during these hard times by taking off. I also take the Muscle Milk Lite, ready to go boxes to work for a snack. I don't like them, but they level off my sinking spells in the afternoon. I am learning so much from these threads. I KNOW I can lose weight (I've done it many times before)....can I really last 8 weeks on this program?

Why 8 weeks?
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #9  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Personally I can hardly choke down the EAS carb control RTDs.

I've switched to the syntrax nectars...which is a powder. I like the fact that I didn't have to get the vanilla, strawberry, chocolate staple that most are...
The taste for me is wonderful (I have Lemonade and fuzzy navel), and makes eating this way so much easier!

I've just started, so I don't know how well they will do, but they are 100 cal, 0 carb, and 23 g of protein per scoop. They are Whey based. (Have a thyroid issue, so I shouldn't be having soy that much...though I do have a restricted that's soy protein, but having them later at night.)
MInewgoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #10  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Tried the dark chocolate last night and it's better then the other chocolate. I mixed it in the blender and put in a spoonful of the WF chocolate dip. Not bad at all.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #11  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

I just bought a tub of the Pure Protein powder. I tried one today (mixed in blender with ice) and it wasn't bad. It could have a stronger chocolate flavor but it's better than the EAS stuff. I might buy some WF chocolate syrup to doctor it up. Thanks for your advice everyone!
sp8275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:47 AM   #12  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
I just bought a tub of the Pure Protein powder. I tried one today (mixed in blender with ice) and it wasn't bad. It could have a stronger chocolate flavor but it's better than the EAS stuff. I might buy some WF chocolate syrup to doctor it up. Thanks for your advice everyone!
The Pure Protein powder tastes better than EAS but please keep in mind that the pre-made tastes even better than the powder!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote