Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 02:11 PM   #1  

Default The Firm Tapes

Is anyone using the Firm tapes (infocommercial ones)? They are selling them at Target now for $ 80. I have been thinking about purchasing them. I didn't know how difficult they were to use?
Old 01-08-2003, 05:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

You might want to check out Amazon.com....I believe the tapes are cheaper through Amazon.

I have not used the specific firm tapes that are advertised on TV, but I do use the firms Tough Tape 2 for strength training. Generally, the firm workouts are very effective, challenging and well produced. I think starting your exercise program with the firm is a great idea.

I have a fairly large exercise DVD collection (since I love working out at home) and here are 2 of my non-firm favorite workouts:

Mina's Optimizer: Balanced Blend (fantastic DVD that has 2 workouts - the strength & aerobic workout called Fat Eliminator and the strength & yoga/pilates workout called Strength & Grace..both are fun, effective workouts)

Kathy Smith's Kickboxing (better than Tae Bo & very well produced)

I just ordered Tamilee Webb's I Want That Body strength training DVD. It has three short yet intense strength workouts for your arms, butt & abs. The reviews on Amazon were all glowing, so I'm anxious to try it out!

Good luck!
Old 01-11-2003, 11:55 PM   #3  

Default The Firm Tapes are Worth It!

I have used the Firm tapes for years. I recently tried out the fanny lifter and the tapes that come with it- unfortunately, you cannot buy these tapes separately from the $80 unit. Anyway, I would say that two of the tapes from that system are some of the best of the Firm workouts- the abs tape isn't as good but they have the regular Firm Abs tape that you can get at the store that is pretty good. The Fanny lifter is awesome and works really well. Also, unlike most tapes, you can really increase the difficulty of your workout as you get into better shape. I have foot problems so I have to be careful about some exercise moves, such as lunges. However, they way they have you do those moves in this set of tapes does not cause me any problems.

If you are looking for a non-bouncy, excellent workout that focuses on both cardio and strength training- I would highly recommend this system. Two of my sisters have it too and really like it.
Old 01-17-2003, 01:28 PM   #4  

Wink

You can buy the Firm Tapes separatly at Walgreens I've seen them at K-mart and Walmat also. Kmart had them for $22.95 last week on sale. The other 2 stores are selling them for $29.95

The fanny lifter is what makes these tapes work so well. They are well worth the money. They will whip you into shape fast!
Old 01-17-2003, 03:03 PM   #5  

Firmgroup how long have you been doing the tapes? I have loved them for years. I have some of the oldest one. Still love to do them. Have you tried the total body shaping mix I love that one I have been doing that one 2 times aweek lately. YOu sure get the whole body work out for your butt,innerthigh, and up. I have found that not all of the tape have that. I also have the cross trainers. Love those ones too. After I get done my challagne of 100 miles by Valentines day I am going back to soing the crosstrainer. You can sure see a diffrence in you body from all of there tapes. I don't have the fanny lifter but I have a 14" bench that I use.
Tanya
Old 01-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #6  

I've been firming for about 10 years. It gets me into shape fast. I like Better Buns and Body with heavy weights. Tough tape and I like Cardio Sculpt with heavy weights. I start out struggling to lose pounds with these workouts, but within a few weeks I can drop a size in jeans. I also do volumes 1-6 alot. They are old school and I can feel it every time I work out with these tapes. I think my favorites are volume 1 and 3. The body scult and ab sculpt are not bad, but I prefer the 5 day abs and the lower body. Seem to work me really hard.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:01 PM   #7  

I meant to say also there is a website and some new workouts out that are created by Anna Benson the creator of the Firm workouts prior to 2001. I want these workouts, because I think I'm going to try to get away from the newer Firm tapes because they are bits and pieces of the older ones. I did get a new Fanny lifter and the CS, As,Bs tapes, but I think these will be the last ones I buy from them unless they come out with something great. These new tapes are on a website call FitPrime.com From the people on the message boards there, these are supposed to be really tough workouts. If your used to doing the firm workouts anyway, these are supposed to be more advanced. I'm going to purchase my first one when I get paid again.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:55 AM   #8  

I have been doing the Firm for about 4 months, & I love them. Cardiosculp is my favorite.
Old 01-19-2003, 10:46 AM   #9  

Thanks for the info about the Anna Bensin. I have seen that to the new tape are nothing but the old tape put together in new ways. I will have to look for them. I would like to try some harder ones.
Tanya
Old 01-21-2003, 05:17 PM   #10  
Peace with body and soul

I love the Firm! Love Cathe too! If you like the Firm, you'll probably love Cathe as well. www.cathe.com to see clips of her videos.
Old 01-22-2003, 02:02 PM   #11  

Hello Ladies

Thanks for all of your replies. The tapes & fanny lifter were on sale this weekend, so I went & purchased on monday night. I was not able to workout on tuesday, so I plan on working out tonight...
Old 01-22-2003, 03:16 PM   #12  

Can you buy this tapes at the store or do you have to buy them on line.(Cathe and fit prime) I can't imagine to pay the price sometimes it is cheeper tp by at the store. And with me living in Canada I would have to go though customs. I have been able to get the firm tapes from the stores around here. Thank you all for you info and I hope tha I can get those tapes they look great.
Tanya
Old 01-24-2003, 09:18 PM   #13  

I am new here. I have been debating between the Walk away the pounds videos or the firm videos. Everyone I ask about the WATP videos never replies. I wonder if you see results from them. The Firm videos--If you haven't exercised in long long long time. Do think they would be to difficult?? I really need to do something. I have been doing weight watcher for over a month and haven't lost a pound.

Thank you for your reply.
Old 01-25-2003, 02:22 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 152/140/125

Height: 5'7"

Thininside: In my opinion, The Firm tapes will give you quicker results. The Firm is tough. If you've been taking a loooong vacation from exercise, you'll have to slowly build up to the full Firm workouts by initally not completing the entire workout (just go as far as you can) and certainly DO NOT use any weights until you feel comfortable with the entire workout while using your own body weight as resistance. Once you can complete the entire Firm workout without weights & you feel ready to take it to the next level, add some light weights & continue to build your strength & stamina. If you stick with The Firm, you will see results. No question. Good Luck!
Old 01-27-2003, 11:58 PM   #15  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I would recommend the firm tapes too, I first tried them out 12 years ago and have used them off and on during my weight loss struggle.

Qvc also sells the firm tapes (www.qvc.com) and apparently if you buy the infomercial set from them, you get an extra tape.

The firm tapes are hard, but you can easily modify. My legs are short, so instead of using the full 14 inch step, i was the 10 inch? on exercises.
Closed Thread