Faith Based Support Groups - failing in the faithfullness dept. HELP!!!!!

decogo
04-27-2011, 12:46 PM
have no faith please help me to find it. i so want to believe that there is a wonderful and loving god out there that only want me to be happy and healthy. yet the trials and tribulaitions of my life have caused me to wonder and i feel more seperated from him now than ever before. i have posted a short discription of my life in the introduction room. i am sure i am mostly to blame for my adult mistakes, poor choices and poor behavior. put i don't want to live blaming the out of my control childhood things for my current weight and health issuesd. i want to wipe the slate clean and start a new with out the baggage i,ve carried for 40 yrs. where do i start? i'm not a good prayer, i don't have a church to go to even thought there are hundred in my town alone. i have never read the bible(seems to complicated to read)did buy it on cd but never got past first ten minutes. so there you have it. open to any and all suggestions

TwynnB
04-27-2011, 01:47 PM
It took me a long time in my life to find God. And it is such a relief and comfort to rely on Him.

For me, music is what touches me (LOL...not that I'm good at it!). Here's a link that would touch most people...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb4sBISBPcI

I saw Tony Nolan in person. Wow. It was horrifying to hear of his life, and how he was, and then to see what happened when he found God.

Best wishes in your journey!

PS - the real video that goes with this song will make you cry too!

sassylime
04-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Oh decogo, I wish I could give you a big hug. I just read through your introduction. You've been through so much in your life, and have had many people fail you. I'm so afraid of sounding trite, but God is the One who will never fail you.

I know sometimes He seems so far away. But He is there, holding you, crying with you, loving you. He is the only one who will never cause you pain, instead He will endure it all with you...He will never leave you, instead he will pursue you relentlessly. He will always love you, with an unfailing love. He tells us this in His word.

“YOU ARE MINE...” (Isaiah 43:1) He says as he reaches for us.

“I LOVE YOU...” (John 3:16) He says as He holds our trembling body in His arms

“And in case you are still not certain: I will ALWAYS love you.” (Jeremiah 31:3)

His love is true. God sees our inside. There is no hiding from Him, no sealing up any hidden compartments of the heart. He already knows what is there. He sees all the flaws and secrets that no one else sees. Yet He loves you still.

“Other men have left you; have hurt you, but I WILL NEVER LEAVE YOU.” (Hebrews 13:5).

Sometimes in this life we get burned and broken. Sometimes it's inevitable. Sometimes it's inflicted by another. Sometimes it's self inflicted. It's a kind of burning that happens inside, that dries us up or drains us out emotionally and leaves us bitter. I know from experience that sometimes these "droughts" last for a long time. But He has promised to NEVER leave us. To pass through all of it with us. With me. With YOU!

"When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you." (Isaiah 43:2).

This doesn't mean that the experience is not painful, but it does mean that when the rest of the world walks out on you, there is still One there to ease the pain. He says to us "I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you" (John 14:18). And the truth is...He will.

God has a plan for each of us that are beyond our imagination. I know it's hard to see the purpose behind His plans - we have no idea what God is preserving us from or preparing us for - even now, I don't know what He's doing with me, or where He's growing me. What I do know, and try to remember, is that they are always for our good and His glory:

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' says the Lord. 'They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.'" (Jeremiah 29:11)

"But He knows the way that I take. When He has tried me, I shall come out as gold" (Job 23:10).

"So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison" (2 Corinthians 4:16-18).

These verses have been of great comfort to me over the past few months, and I pray they speak to you too. I would urge you, ultimately, to pour out your heart to God – tell Him all your hurt, and pain and fears. We are able to ask God "why?" David who was called a "man after God's own heart" did this very thing:

"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent." (Psalm 22:1-2)

We don’t need to speak eloquently, or know all the right words. We don’t need to follow a formulaic prayer. We are able to come to Him as children – broken, and in need of comfort. We are able to just cry out to Him our pain, our anger, and our fear, and He will comfort us. I know how it feels to be scared to let someone in, especially after being hurt so badly by others, but please don't try and hide from Him. He wants to be your hiding place instead:

"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty." (Isaiah 53:5)

My heart is really out to you. I pray that you will come to find God’s everlasting presence and care in your life.

Kelli
04-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Decogo!

Yay, you have come to the right place, and you are not here by accident! God draws his own, because of His for foreknowledge He knows who is His own,

1 Peter 1:2 (New International Version, ©2011)

2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood: Grace and peace be yours in abundance.

He will draw you. In fact because He loves you so much, He has drawn you here.

You said that you had a hard time getting into the Bible, well it's because it can only be spiritually discerned. The following is an excerpt from a Bible Study, I wrote... Well God wrote it using my hand LOL.

You can’t understand the things of the spirit if you haven’t been born of the spirit, so having a relationship with Christ is a pre-requisite for studying the Bible.

I Corinthians 2:14 (NIV) says, 14The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I am not talking about religion; I mean having a relationship with Jesus Christ. God loves you so much He wants a relationship with you, and He has a plan for your life, but you need to be born of the Spirit. How do you become born of the spirit?

John 3:1-9 There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2 This man came to Jesus by night and said to Him, “Rabbi, we know that You are a teacher come from God; for no one can do these signs that You do unless God is with him.” 3 Jesus answered and said to him, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

4 Nicodemus said to Him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?”

5 Jesus answered, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7 Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

9 Nicodemus answered and said to Him, “How can these things be?”

10 Jesus answered and said to him, “Are you the teacher of Israel, and do not know these things? 11 Most assuredly, I say to you, We speak what We know and testify what We have seen, and you do not receive Our witness. 12 If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how will you believe if I tell you heavenly things? 13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven. 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.

Let’s take a closer look at this passage. Nicodemus came to Jesus with questions, and at first Jesus’, answers confused him. He asked, “How can a person be born again? Go back into his mother’s womb?” Jesus answer was “unless one is born of the water” (the womb) “and of the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” Then Jesus tells Nicodemus that flesh is temporary and of the world, it cannot enter into the Kingdom, but the Spirit is eternal . When you get born again it is an awakening of the Holy Spirit with you. Verse eight says, Have faith! You believe in earthly things you cannot see and not understand, you can’t see the change on the outside immediately.

Take note of verse nine, Nicodemus says, “How can these things be?” He wanted to know how to be born of the Spirit. And Jesus gives him the answer, gives all of us the answer in verse fifteen.

“Whoever believes in Him (Jesus) should not perish but have eternal life.” God tells us in His word, He wants us all to be with Him in heaven (II Peter 3:9), yet heaven is a perfect place. God won’t let it be corrupted by sin, any sin. (Revelation 21:27), So unless you are perfect, without sin, you are not allowed in heaven. However, we are all sinners and separated from God, so now what do you do?

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The cost of sinning (wages) is death (separation from God) but the Gift is eternal life. You can’t be good enough to get to heaven on your own. It’s a gift!

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Jesus is the perfect Son of God, and He paid the price for your sin, because you can’t afford it, you can’t be perfect. It’s important you realize your need for Christ and accept Him as your own savior. Receive the gift of God, and confess your sin and need for him.

Romans 10: 8 & 9 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”(that is, the word of faith which we preach): 9 that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

It’s as simple as acknowledging you are a sinner and believe in your heart Jesus died on the cross for your sin.

II Peter 3:9 God is not willing that any should perish but that all would come to repentance.

If you don’t have a relationship with Christ, here is how you start, pray like this, to Jesus, in your own words, and mean it with all your heart.

~Lord Jesus, I know I am a sinner, I believe You died for my sins. Right now, I receive You as my Savior, and ask You to forgive my sins. I acknowledge You are the Lord of my life and I turn my life over to you, and ask you to help me turn from my sin and turn to You.
Thank you my Lord, in Jesus name, amen.~

Now you have prayed this prayer and meant it, God will begin to change you from the inside out, He will change your desires. In fact, your desire will be for the things of God. By grace you are saved—a gift from Your Lord! You will find yourself hungry for the Bible. You will understand it, and it will apply to your life. It's amazing!

Please let us know if you pray that prayer, we would love to welcome you into the family!:hug:

decogo
04-29-2011, 01:14 AM
thank you all who posted to me. i have been so lost for so long i can hardly see any goodness anywhere. it seems everyone is out for themselves and there a lack of love thy neighbor. yes i tearfully prayed the prayer you posted. my sins are huge in numbers but i will believe that they are now forgiven. i thought i'd have to individually name each sin but i guess god already knows them so that simple prayer will cover them all. now how do i recieve the spirit so my heart stops aching and this darkness that has hovered over me for many years is lifted and i can recieve the light of life. i here alot about fellowship. how do i get that. i know i sound like a child learning for the first time. the rut ive dug is dark and deep and i know god will provide the tools i need to climb out, stand up ,spead my wings and soar like an eagle. i have to believe with all my heart because the is no other alternative. i.ve tried it on my own now i have to let go and let go and let god.thank you for helping me, off to bed and god bless my new friend on 3fc.

decogo
04-30-2011, 07:09 AM
did not have a chance to post yesterday but i have to say. after saying that prayer i didn't seem so dispondent yesterday, I felt lighter in spirit and in weight. all the day i did what i did without anticipation of something in return. for example i mowed someones lawn. not because they asked or i expect a reward of praise. because i felt like it. in the end i went to work and last night and had a great evening.thank you jesus. now for my sat morn weigh in i lost 12lbs(240-12 =228) thank you again jesus. i feel pretty good about the route i've taken and i'm happy to have found 3fc for the support and knowledge it hasd and will be giving me. wow another gift to thank jesus for 3fc. have a good day all and be blessed

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
:hug: & :welcome: DECOGO ~ the posts you have been sent here are wonderful. So glad that you prayed the SALVATION PRAYER that Kelli shared with you; now you are a child of GOD -- you have been FORGIVEN and your slate has been wiped clean ... You can start your life anew! Isn't that wonderful?

As with anything new, take baby steps; don't be too hard on yourself. Take one day at a time; the LORD doesn't expect any more than that becuz HE knows your heart & mind & thoughts. Faith is a gift from GOD -- again, just ask JESUS to fill your heart & soul with faith. FAITH is just being willing to believe & hope in the LORD ...

Then ask JESUS to fill you with His Holy Spirit, and HE will wash you and make you clean; He also starts to work in your life to heal you too. Soon (as you already have), you will start to see a difference; a little bit each and every day.

Go to the SALVATION PRAYER thread in this forum and read some of the scripture verses there and ideas on how to start out your new walk with the LORD. You can get daily devotionals on the net which don't take much time at all; maybe 5 minutes a day and are a good place to start. THE DAILY BREAD is a good one; just google that and you'll find it.

There is also a thread in this forum with daily scriptures; I think it would be good for newbies to read a scripture a day. Then later, you can get a bible and start reading it as mentioned in the Salvation thread starting with the Gospel of John, then the other gospels and books of the NT, plus Psalms & Proverbs, etc. I find a chapter a day is plenty ...

You are on your way; the Christian walk is a life-long journey of continued growth ... :hug:

decogo
05-02-2011, 11:01 PM
hey there. my name is dee. im 5'9 240lbs, just turned 51 on 4/5. i need to lose at least fifty lbs. heres my tale{ie:excuse for being overweight and unhappy}. rough childhood, i'm divorced twice, last boyfriend of nine years caught him in my bed with someone else. I was so hurt i threw up 50lbs literaly.13 months ago. now lost job, gain 50 back. moved to new state so i don't have to see him w/her. now he calls saying sorry today,back with her tomm. flip flop flip flop. got another job. its ok not great. haven,t met many people. most fellow employees are young 20's. so i need help,hints,tricks, to change my life around. i wasted the first century. want to live to the max but don't know were to start. its hard to climb out of the fat hole when it seems like foods your only friend. been looking on line for places to meet people. problem is most are at night and i work 2nd shift.. any advise greatly appiciated. i copied and pasted my post from the intrduction forum so what i say wont seem like its out in left field. i am a little down and out today. i've tried the suggestions posted to me. the problem is i'm still alone,by myself,no human contact, lonely. i called some people back home and to my surprise their lives went on without me living there. it seems like im the only one stuck like a hampster on a wheel. moving as fast as i can and getting nowhere. i'm bginning to think that i shouldn't have run away from the heartbreak. I think feeling betrayed,humiliated and used is better than afraid,lonely and unloved. can i walk into a church and say save me. could i walk in the door and just weep in a pew util there are no more tears. would i need to make an appointment. would they throw me out at dark. what kind of church would i go to catholic?baptist?christian? reformed???? I feel i need to hold someones hand hash out all the turmoil bottled up in me and then be saved. does any of this make sence or am i nuts.please advise quickly I hear all 48 flavors of baskin robbins calling my name.

decogo
05-04-2011, 12:33 AM
hi again. todays situation for discussion is this first why do they make clothes for larger women have giant pattern or flowers on them. I'm a big girl with big tata's and do not need big daisies or sunflowers plastered on the chest area of the shirt i where.
secondly today at work we had a meeting to discuss uniformity amongs the staff being that the tourism season is about to begin.we are to wear black long sleeves button down collared shirts. no problem went to mens dept bought a couple xxl. the problem is they want them tucked in. i am not comfortable with my shirt tuck in it add more stuffing to the already over stuff bottom half.then the muffin top happens and theres no hiding the pooch in front. I would prefer a shorter type shirt that breaks up the bigger area and looks better. I also like aprons and vest to help hide the bulges and rolls. you would think they would want their employees to look their best and be confident with their appearence instead of forcing them to conform to the appearence of the 20yr old that look ok in their uniform. just another way to beat down the moral of someone who is already in the grips of ho hum

bargoo
05-04-2011, 10:24 AM
decogo, you have been given some wonderful scriptures. You don't have to try to read the whole Bible at once. Reread the wonderful scriptures you have been given, Pick the ones that seem to have the most meaning for you and reread them every day. Yes, you can walk into a church and sit in a pew and weep. Have you had any affiliation in the past with a church ? If so you might want to look for one of that same denonimation. If not my suggestion would be to pick one of the well known protestant religions. Prebyterian, Methodist, Baptist are just a few you might consider. Catholic might be a little too hard for you. I would suggest a church where you can find caring , loving people and a Pastor who is interested in helping you. If the first church is not like that , try another one. You can ask God to direct you to the right church .

cbmare
05-04-2011, 12:29 PM
ITA w/Bargoo. You can go to any church. Most churches have these little forms for new people to fill out. I'd suggest not doing it the first time. If you like the church and want to attend more often, then fill it out. They will contact you.

When we (my late husband and myself) were looking for a church, we went into one for the Sunday School class and as we were going into the church for service, he told me to NOT fill out the form. I had to totally agree with him. That didn't work for us.

As for the Bible being difficult to read, I suggest you go to your local library. They have different Bibles there. You can read one that is NOT the King James version. The KJ version is more difficult. Also, if there is a religious store near you, you can get a New Testament pocket sized Bible and carry it with you.

cbmare
05-04-2011, 12:33 PM
hi again. todays situation for discussion is this first why do they make clothes for larger women have giant pattern or flowers on them. I'm a big girl with big tata's and do not need big daisies or sunflowers plastered on the chest area of the shirt i where.

ITA! And why are most women's sizes for someone who is 5' 10"?

the problem is they want them tucked in. i am not comfortable with my shirt tuck in it add more stuffing to the already over stuff bottom half.then the muffin top happens and theres no hiding the pooch in front.

Again, ITA. I hate having my shirts tucked in. I didn't even like having them tucked in when I was skinny.

What do you do that is "tourism" related? Also, depending on where you are, if the tourism season is beginning and we are heading into summer, won't black long sleeves be a bit on the warmish side?

decogo
05-04-2011, 01:19 PM
thanks bargoo and mare.the church situation i was raised catholic, went to catholic school for twelve year . i really started to lose my faith when my dad head lector,head of choir,head maintance and all around good catholic got cancer. They removed 40% of his face including his nose,jaw teeth and mouth. We list him in the pray bullitin and had them pray for him. After being in that church 30 something years and sending his children there and repairing things for free, sometimes doing two or three masses on sunday when he got sick no one called or came to see him. we took him to mass when he was up to it and they were disturb by his face or lack of it. if he couldn't go to them why couldn't they come and pray with him at home. were the priest to busy. almost three years later my farther was in his last days. the hospice people asked if we wanted last right we assumed he did so they called in the priest. My dad used his last ounce of energy to tell the priest to get out. you weren't here when i was living and i don't need you when i'm dying. it was painful to see such a religious man turn from his faith. we knew that god knew he was an exceptional good man and would welcome him home with open arms. that was 22years ago. since then i have had cancer.had a brother in a coma for ten years after a unlicenced and uninsured driver ran him over. lost another dear friend to cancer at 49. and my mom has alz and was placed in a nursing home 2 years ago. i guess you can say i feel that god is picking on my family. i know they say you don't get more than you can handle and i'm thankful that my sence of humor has helped me through all these trials and tribulations. i also that that does not kill us only makes us stronger.well i must be wonder woman by now. i am tired of everything in life(relationships,money health,employment) always being a struggle for me. i really would like to work hard and be paid what that jobs is worth fairly. i'd like to be able to pay my bills each month on time without robbing peter to pay paul. i would like to meat someone who will see me and not be looking for what appears to be the next best thing. and i would like to lose weight and get healthy so i would hurt so much physically and mentally. is that to much to ask? now you see why my faith is almost all gone. the only part of faith i have is i do believe in god. whats next

as for my job I work at a hotel so its chilly inside due to the airconditioner. I work as a waitress,bartender, banquet server for business meetings, wedding and so forth.most of the other servers are from a near by college. they last a few month and move on. I on the other hand @51 need to work and it took me a while to get this job so i basically do what i'm told. I think most employers hire people like me as a staple and the college kids as eye candy.

bargoo
05-04-2011, 01:36 PM
thanks bargoo and mare.the church situation i was raised catholic, went to catholic school for twelve year . i really started to lose my faith when my dad head lector,head of choir,head maintance and all around good catholic got cancer. They removed 40% of his face including his nose,jaw teeth and mouth. We list him in the pray bullitin and had them pray for him. After being in that church 30 something years and sending his children there and repairing things for free, sometimes doing two or three masses on sunday when he got sick no one called or came to see him. we took him to mass when he was up to it and they were disturb by his face or lack of it. if he couldn't go to them why couldn't they come and pray with him at home. were the priest to busy. almost three years later my farther was in his last days. the hospice people asked if we wanted last right we assumed he did so they called in the priest. My dad used his last ounce of energy to tell the priest to get out. you weren't here when i was living and i don't need you when i'm dying. it was painful to see such a religious man turn from his faith. we knew that god knew he was an exceptional good man and would welcome him home with open arms. that was 22years ago. since then i have had cancer.had a brother in a coma for ten years after a unlicenced and uninsured driver ran him over. lost another dear friend to cancer at 49. and my mom has alz and was placed in a nursing home 2 years ago. i guess you can say i feel that god is picking on my family. i know they say you don't get more than you can handle and i'm thankful that my sence of humor has helped me through all these trials and tribulations. i also that that does not kill us only makes us stronger.well i must be wonder woman by now. i am tired of everything in life(relationships,money health,employment) always being a struggle for me. i really would like to work hard and be paid what that jobs is worth fairly. i'd like to be able to pay my bills each month on time without robbing peter to pay paul. i would like to meat someone who will see me and not be looking for what appears to be the next best thing. and i would like to lose weight and get healthy so i would hurt so much physically and mentally. is that to much to ask? now you see why my faith is almost all gone. the only part of faith i have is i do believe in god. whats next

as for my job I work at a hotel so its chilly inside due to the airconditioner. I work as a waitress,bartender, banquet server for business meetings, wedding and so forth.most of the other servers are from a near by college. they last a few month and move on. I on the other hand @51 need to work and it took me a while to get this job so i basically do what i'm told. I think most employers hire people like me as a staple and the college kids as eye candy.

About the job, ask them if there is an acceptable alternative to the uniform.
I don't like my shirts tucked in, either, I find it to be uncomfortable. See if there is something acceptable that doesn't need to be tucked in. Maybe something tunic like.

Back to church. Many people have been abused by church for various reason.But remember God has not given up on us. He loves and cares for you no matter what, and he knows your pain.
I don't know what area you live in so I can't recommend any particular church , I made a few suggestions in my previous post.
There is a poster on here he goes be EZMoney, Ez is a friend I have never met. But this is a Christian man , I know he attends a Lutheran Church in Southern Ca. He knows scripture and he knows how to pray. Sometimes he has to be away from 3FC because of hos work but he genarally posts quite ofte. Watch for his posts he is a good source of good solid Christian support.,

cbmare
05-04-2011, 01:55 PM
There is a poster on here he goes be EZMoney, Ez is a friend I have never met. But this is a Christian man , I know he attends a Lutheran Church in Southern Ca. He knows scripture and he knows how to pray. Sometimes he has to be away from 3FC because of hos work but he genarally posts quite ofte. Watch for his posts he is a good source of good solid Christian support.,

I was wondering where he is. Gary (EZ) is a very nice man. Gary, Angie, boobalah and I all went to lunch when we were in S. Diego. They are a wonderful Christian family. Dee, he has actually posted on here asking if we need prayers and he will post a prayer dedicated to you personally.

I can totally understand how your dad turned his back on the Catholic Church. My mom was active in her church and was constantly visiting sick people for years. When we asked that someone visit her in her final days, not one person bothered to call or come over. Needless to say, we asked the hospice minister to officiate at her funeral instead of the minister at Olive Baptist.

Now, just to make you giggle. When the hospice minister came in to meet us, we took him in to meet Mom. He introduced himself and asked if he could come in and periodically read his Bible to her. She, in NON minced words, announced that she could read her own Bible, thank you. My sister and I almost fell out of our chairs!

decogo
05-05-2011, 10:42 PM
thank you again bargoo and mare for letting me vent. In a small way it feels better letting it out in the open. There has been years of built up frustration,humility ,anger and saddness that i manage to cover with a smile when in the company of others. I saw a post from EZ called prayer warrior. i read alot of what others are praying for. Sometimes my disfunctional life is so all consuming of myself I forget that there are others out there with problems equal to or bigger than mine. I hope all their prayers are answered. The other day i was donating some stuff to the local mission thrift store. While i was there i went to look at the books. I buy them for my grand babies and their so reasonably priced i do worry if the tear or spill juice. anyway i found a blessing journal. each day starts with i'm greatfull for------. I pray for-------. i will try and stay focus on what i have thats good,and work towards what i want. i also picked up some joyce meyers cd's. i've seen her on tv when i surf the channels. she seems to make sense to me and she can be quite funny. i heard her say"im not where i want to be yet, but at least i'm not where i was" i have a very busy weekend at the hotel 700-1000 for mothers day brunch. i pray that all goes smoothly and everyone will enjoy themselves and all those who have to work are fairly compensated. i'll keep posting every night and i watch for EZ. thanks again for being there. Dee

Justwant2Bhealthy
05-05-2011, 11:43 PM
anyway i found a blessing journal. each day starts with i'm greatfull for------. I pray for-------. i will try and stay focus on what i have thats good,and work towards what i want.

That is the next step ... ;)

We all could list a page of trials & hurts & losses that we've all suffered. The surest way to heal is to forgive. The next step is to be thankful & grateful for all the many blessings we have had and do have in this life. Forget the past and live for today -- focus on the good; focus on the positive; focus on the future, and look forward to a new life filled with joy & peace & love. It is about choice ... choose a new path; choose a new way; choose a new life!

:hug:

triice
05-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Decogo,
I just want you to know you have just touched my heart! It is wonderful that you are searching for the faith and wonders of God's love. No matter how great your sins are he is waiting to forgive you with open arms! All you have to do is just ask!!! Everything happens for a reason and God promised he would never put more on than we can bare. Pick up that bible, go to a church, get down on your knees and talk to him. These are only trials you are going. And once they are all over you'll walk out having an amazing story tell and your vision will be clearer! He loves you so much!!! Receive his love! I am praying for you!!! You will find your way!!!

decogo
05-10-2011, 10:41 PM
i haven't been posting lately because i have been working alot of hours. i need some suggestions on how to come home between 10pm and 2 am and not eat everything in the house. its been so busy at work i haven't had time to eat but when i get home my adrenaline is so pumped up and i'm so wired i have to settle and relax or i won't be able to sleep. last night i had three slices of left over pizza watched tv and went to bed at 5am. got up by nine am feeling crappy about eating the pizza. anyone have any ideas to curb my nightly consumption

decogo
05-24-2011, 11:10 AM
the lord works in mysterious ways. I work in a hotel. last night i was scheduled to work a confrence just keeping up with water and coffee's and keeping it neat and clean. I asked what kind of conf was it and nobody knew. just set it up with a podium and 10 rows of 10 chairs. so 7pm the people come in approx 80 christen women and two speakers. because i was the only one working the function i was able to pull up a chair and listen to what was being said. it was like these two women were reading my diary. i could barely keep my composure. i did lose it a few times when they started to sing. at the end they offered to pray for individuals for there needs,ailment,troubles ect. as i went from the back of the room to the front to get my supplies for clean up i got stuck by the first row. one of the women came over and said you have not been save yet have you. my knees shook my lips quivered and i admitted that i was not born again. these women put the hands on me and prayed. i balled like a baby. there are many of us at the hotel how was i picked to work this event? luck? i think not. devine intervention--definatly. i am new in my town and hadn't made any friends or picked a church yet. last night i found several churches that invited me to services and made several new friend. praise and glory to god for he knows what we need when we need it.AMEN

bargoo
05-24-2011, 12:12 PM
decogo, God works in mysterious ways his wonders to perform ! I hope you will accept the inviations from these churches and find a church home.

Kelli
06-03-2011, 03:04 AM
Decogo! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot::c arrot::carrot::carrot:

I haven't been on this site for a long time, but I just read your posts. YAY, you are in the family!

When I first got saved, I remember being so lonely. I really didn't have any interest in hanging out with my old friends, the only thing they liked to do was party. I remember, driving around at night, going past the church, hoping I would see someone from the church, so they might invite me to coffee or something. Yeah, it was a lonely time, but looking back, I can truly say it was a wonderful, wonderful, time. The only friend I had was Jesus. At that time I had be diagnosed with being clinically depressed. The following is an excerpt from a Bible study I wrote.

I was not just crying, I was weeping, mourning. That happens sometimes to people who have depression. I felt unloved and unlovable. While I was crying I was talking to God. I was telling him over and over, “You don’t love me, You don’t love me”. I kept saying it, and it became more of a mindless mantra than a prayer. In the midst of this I heard (in my heart or mind) “Kelli”, but I didn’t acknowledge it, I just kept praying/crying, “You don’t love me” I heard again, “Kelli”. It still didn’t register, then again, “Kelli”. The third time, it got through my misery, and I said, “yes Lord” (I think it was more like “yeeaah!!????”) and God said, “I love you”... Well I was still weeping but instead of tears of morning they were tears of Joy, I will never forget that.

God spoke to me so many times through my loneliness. I am not going to say that my life is easy or perfect now. And I am not going to say that I don't cry, and have sorrow, but I can honestly say that my life in Jesus is wonderful and beyond anything I could have ever asked or imagined.

Run to Jesus. He will fill you, and teach you, and love you.

Love, Kelli

Kelli
06-03-2011, 03:17 AM
By the way, your post about the big flowered shirt, made me laugh out loud... Literally... not the LOL, kind but the real Laugh out loud! HEHEHE. I always say that! Hey just because a person is overweight, doesn't mean they want to wear teddy bears, or stars, or BIG GIANT FLOWERS. Hahahahahah!

Why can't somebody design something that is inexpensive, and sophisticated.
and sold at places like Wal-mart...

Anyways, I bet you look beautiful!

:hug:

cbmare
06-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Kelli, that excerpt made me graduate from tissues to paper towels for my tears. What a beautiful story.

cbmare
06-05-2011, 12:14 PM
decogo, how are you doing now? What has happened?

EZMONEY
06-05-2011, 06:29 PM
First of all I want to thank MARE and BARGOO for their kind words about me :hug:

I actually did see this thread about a month ago but I had nothing to add to the replies at that time and, as mentioned, I haven't been home around a computer much for a while.

I am so happy to see our Lord working in your life DEE :)

I sure can understand why you feel/felt distant from God with all the troubles that surrounded you and your family. :(

However, we can always be sure that God does not distance Himself from us! :carrot: His WORD proves that to us.

Trust in His WORD to take care of us is something we all battle with. Our nature wants us to have that :clause: Santa Claus or :genie: Genie In A Bottle God that answers our prayers and gives us gifts if we are good enough and wish hard enough.

Trust is hard when times are difficult but I can assure you as you grow in your walk with our Lord through His WORD in the scriptures and through the sacraments that trust will grow and strengthen you. All your wishes and dreams here on earth may or may not come true...to be honest probably not...but you can be absolutely positive that as a born again or born anew through Christ your eternity will be wonderful! :woohoo:

Your story about your father really saddens me :hug: I lost my father at about the same age in life to cancer as you did, I am 57...anyway, he was not a church going man but did have many friends from work and his hobbies. I found it strange then that not too many people came to see him or call when he was losing his life the last year he had. Many people called right after his death wanting to know when the service would be...we had a semi-private one (my dad did not want us to have one but after he was gone we made the decision as a family to have a memorial for his grand kids, since they were young). Long story short, over the next year or so running into his old friends I was told countless times that they wanted to call or come by but didn't want to bother him, know what to say, etc. As I grew older I could see the truth in that...maybe not what we should do for sure, but how many can relate to that.

I cannot at all explain why the ministry of your church then made no contact. But again, rest assured, that was MAN making mistakes not our Lord! He was not distant, even if it seemed so in your feelings.

Hard to realize sometimes that feelings are not truth....very-very hard sometimes.

What an amazing story about the conference and the ladies welcoming you :carrot: Talk about God at work in our lives :)

As I mentioned I really can't add on to the words and comfort from the other posters but I will leave you with a prayer :hug:

:angel: Heavenly Father, :angel:

As we celebrate the Festival of the Ascension in the Church we are reminded once again, just as the first disciples were when they witnessed Him being taken into the clouds before their very eyes, that Jesus promised us that His work here on Earth was done, He was going to prepare a place for us and that he would return for us. We ask that You continue to show that truth to Dee as she grows closer to you in Your WORD and begins to see more clear how close You really are to her. We ask you to comfort her in her past sadness and remind her that each day before us, You alone have created, we can go freely without fear knowing that You are with us, want great things for us, and will guide our ways as we trust in You. We thank you for all you have done for Dee in recent days and we ask that You lead her to a christian church where she can receive the Love of your Son and Holy Spirit into her heart and go forward in faith to share with others. As always, we ask these things according to Your will, and in the name of the One who has already provided all our needs with His death on the cross, Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen :angel:

cbmare
06-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh, Gary. That was lovely. I think I can speak for Bargoo when I say we meant every word we said about you.

I'm going through some very trying times right now and I'm losing the battle. Your words were an encouragement.

Kelli
06-09-2011, 12:13 AM
CBmare, are you okay? What do you mean you are losing the battle? God showed me a neat thing today, it was about why God send trials our way. it is Judges
Judges 2:22 I will use them to test Israel and see whether they will keep the way of the LORD and walk in it as their ancestors did.” 23 The LORD had allowed those nations to remain; he did not drive them out at once by giving them into the hands of Joshua.
Judges 3:1-4 These are the nations the LORD left to test all those Israelites who had not experienced any of the wars in Canaan 2 (he did this only to teach warfare to the descendants of the Israelites who had not had previous battle experience): 3 the five rulers of the Philistines, all the Canaanites, the Sidonians, and the Hivites living in the Lebanon mountains from Mount Baal Hermon to Lebo Hamath. 4 They were left to test the Israelites to see whether they would obey the LORD’s commands, which he had given their ancestors through Moses.

God uses difficult times to teach us how to be strong. There are no victims that are children of God. He is teaching you how to fight! In the Old Testament , they learned to fight in the physical, but now, we are under the new covenant... we fight in the Spiritual. We fight principalities and powers.

I want to add another excerpt from the study, it kind of explains how we fight principalities and powers.

Occasionally I have frightening dreams; I call them my devil dreams. One in particular was even more scary than usual because all the other times I would say or think the name Jesus, and I would wake up instantly, but this time it was different. In my dream, I was standing in my kitchen and Satan was sitting in a chair. He started to get up, coming towards me. I rebuked him in Jesus name. He flew back onto the chair and looked as if he had been beaten. He was shaken and weak and I could tell he was hurt, but it scared me because I didn’t wake up as I usually do.

He looked at me slyly and started to get up and come towards me again, I said, “I rebuke you Satan in Jesus name” this time I said it a little louder, he fell back but not as hard and he got up faster.

He came towards me again, and I yelled “I REBUKE YOU SATAN IN JESUS NAME!” He fell back to the chair but got right back up. This time I screamed the rebuke as loud as I could, and he just stepped back.

I was so scared because I knew I couldn’t scream any louder, I could see him crouching and could sense he was about to fly at me when I heard a still small voice in my heart, “if you have faith you can whisper.” I remember looking Satan right in the eye as I spoke softly, whispering, “I rebuke you Satan in Jesus name” and I instantly woke up.

I believe God works through dreams, and this one had a profound effect on me. I reflect on it often, I think that’s why I remember it so vividly.

In my dream when I rebuked Satan, I said the same things with each rebuke. What was different about the last time?

I didn’t just say the words I used them, with the power of the Holy Spirit. Don’t be upset if you use the Word with power and it seems Satan is still harassing you. He doesn’t usually give up after only one time. He didn’t give up after tempting Jesus. Even when Satan wasn’t successful, the Bible says, “He went away until a more opportune time”.

We have access to God’s power and he gives us the authority, but you have to use that authority. Luke 9:1 Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

When you are going through hard times, just stay close to Jesus. Read His word every day, and He will guide you through it.

Love, Kelli

PBmama
06-09-2011, 08:33 PM
((((Dee))))

I am SO happy that you have found God. He is the ultimate healer and comforter. I am a baby in my Faith as far as the bible goes. I am still struggling to understand it myself. A good thing to do is pray before you start reading the bible. Ask for guidance and understanding. Then just pick somewhere that might stand out to you and start off going verse by verse. A good thing to try is to find a bible study somewhere. I just joined a bible study of women only and it is a small group but is wonderful to fellowship. We all got a little precept book on our topic we are studying and it helps guide us. I never really looked at it that way and it is refreshing to get different opinions on the scriptures. It will also help you feel more at home in the new city and help you to make friends. You just have to take it one day at a time and always be seeking his face.

I know that it is hard sometimes and it still feels like we are alone. However once we are saved and have given ourselves over to God. We will NEVER be alone again. He will go through every pain, tribulation, heartbreak, sorrow, joy, anger, everything that we deal with. He feel's it right along with us. For a long time I was angry with the way things had happened in my life. I didn't understand it and I turned away from God. For a long time I was ashamed of turning away so I wouldn't return to him. One day something just clicked and I got it. I still didn't understand why my situation turned out the way it did but I understood that he did what was best. That he felt every bit of anguish that I did. That despite my anger towards him he still was the God that loved me SO much that he sent his only son to be tortured, persecuted, and sacrificed so that I may be presented with my sins covered, for my eternal life to be saved. What grace and love!

If I could give you any advice it would be to hold on tight. Never let go of your love for Jesus. He will bring you through every obstacle and situation. If you feel like you are alone pray. Never stop praying. It is so easy to let life get in the way and pull you away from God. I find that it takes a conscious effort on my part to stay connected. I talk to him in my heart and mind on a daily basis. I just imagine he is right there listening to every thought that goes through my head. If I slip up and say something bad I apologize. I just talk to him like I do a really good friend. It is so amazing to see and feel the response.

God Bless you Dee and I pray now for you. "God Bless my new sister Dee. Give her a touch of you Lord so that she may know your presence. Keep her wrapped in your loving embrace and give her the comfort that she desperately needs at this point in her life. Help her to grow in he love for you Jesus. Guide her to the right people and church so that her faith may be abundant and she will find peace in her life. I thank you Lord for all that you have blessed us with. You know the need's in Dee's life and will provide exactly what she needs. I know that you will make all things right in your time. In Jesus name, Amen"

I will leave you with these scriptures which I have found comforting durring my path.

Romans 5:3-5 And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Kelli
06-09-2011, 10:21 PM
AMEN!!! and AMEN!!! :hug:

decogo
06-24-2011, 12:52 PM
thank you all for your support. I have been yoyoing back and forth. I was saved at my job. That was wonderful. Then Loss my job(No fault of mine). I found a church thought it had what i'm looking for.Met a lovely lady she would get me into a bible class and some one on one counseling for my depression and never heard from them again and its been several weeks. Good news is i haven't eaten myself to death although I have thought about it. On the up side I now have a job interview at 1pm on monday. so I guess i'm going in the right direction. Seems to me life is always so complicated. I always feel like I'm swimming against the current.the older I get the more easily I tire. thank you again for letting me vent. I'll try to stay focus and most more regularly. god bless