Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 04-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #1  

Default Anyone eating Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers?

A few weeks ago I discovered Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers in my grocery store. I think they are SO yummy!! All natural ingredients (literally just vegetables) and only 110 calories in a burger. For some reason I decided to Google them today and found some reviews. I found some people that really don't like them. I've never been big on veggie burgers, but these I love. I enjoy the flavor a lot. I eat it on an Arnolds multi grain sandwich thin with a slice of cheese OR some avocado, with onion and tomato. Delicious!

Has anyone else tried them and what do you think?
tiffany0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:54 AM   #2  
Chasing 140!

S/C/G: 190/160/140

Height: 5feet 3inches

OMG these are one of my favorites, esp. if you sprinkle some feta cheese on top. Another good veggie burger is Morning Star Spicy Black Bean, yummy!
dust2bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 177/153/135

Height: 5' 4.5"

I love veggie burgers so will look for these. I really like black bean burgers!I eat with low-cal, high fiber hamburger buns and cheese. I can't recall the nutrition data on veggie burgers but have avoided recently as I focus on having protein and calcium at each meal. I seem to recall veggie burgers are more a "grain" than a protein or calcium. I'll check these out. I really like burgers (because they carry ketchup, mustard, cheese and pickles). It'd be nice to add them back in.
iaradajnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'3

wow!! thanks!! ive been craving burgers for weeks now but ive been banning myself because i know how bad a beef burger can be. maybe ill go and buy this and make it!!

thanks!
bellaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:08 AM   #5  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Veggie burgers are nice but I really like making my own. I had a friend who tested for a veggie burger book and she made me one from the book, it was really good. Generally, I don't like the 'meaty' veggie burgers from the store but the home made ones are pretty decent.

If anyone is interested, the burger book is here:
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Veggie-Bu...4341674&sr=1-2

My favorite store brand veggie burgers are Sunshine burgers which are made from sunflower seeds and other things. They are a bit more caloric at around 230 calories per burger.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

You might like these Nelie. They remind me of stuffing, not meaty at all.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote