Simply Filling/Core - Weekly Chat - Monday, April 25 through Sunday, May 1, 2011

Vickie
04-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Happy New Week!

Vickie
04-25-2011, 10:14 AM
Had a HUGE birthday party of Saturday for my Niece and two of her daughters. It was catered with Polish food...my very favorite. Then Sunday was Easter and my Sister cooked a fabulous meal. Ate both days....with dessert. I stayed within my daily points and ate most of my 49 points. I already know that I really can't eat my extra 49 so I expect a gain TWICE today. Once at Jenny soon and another later at WW.

Then I begin anew.

blessedwithsarah
04-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Hi Ladies. I hope you all had a joyous Holiday week -- Happy Easter and Happy Passover to my chickie friends.

I was off last week with dd (school vacation week). We had a wonderful time - went off to Maine for 3 days and I went into Boston with her twice. Once with her Brownie troop to do the Freedom Trail tour and then took DD and her friend to the New England Aquarium. Then we ended the week off with a wonderful Easter day. Services yesterday morning were just fabulous - a joyous celebration. Then dinner at my SILs house.

Needless to say I've been eating like a horse for a couple weeks and the scale is up to a point I am just not happy with. So, today I am back strickt, strict, strict. No more wine or chocolate for a long while -- at least until I'm actually back to where my ticker is at. Plus my pants are starting to get a bit snug around the waist. Time to stop this NOW and get back on track.

Vickie - YUM, Kielbasa. I'm 1/2 Polish, 1/2 Lithuania. Grew up with Polish dinners for Easter. Some of the best food around!

I hope you all have had a wonderful weekend. BBL.

Tejas
04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Good morning:

I had a little chocolate and some frozen yogurt yesterday but basically I stayed within a reasonable calorie limit. I believe that I noticed the effect of the sugar on my body too. Not so pleasant really.

When I took the dog for her walk last night, I turned right back home as I noticed the tell-tale green sky. We had major thunderstorms, with the town tornado siren blaring. We took shelter for a while, then DH went to the TV to see what was happening. The weather station said the storm was past us. That was the first time I've had to seek shelter since I was a teenager. I called my niece who lives here and she and her GS were shopping and the store management had them all huddled together.

I don't think there was any tornado touch-down here.

blessedwithsarah
04-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Rhonda, scary! I didn't know about the green sky. Of course in the NE its one thing we don't need to worry about - that and earthquakes! Glad you're all safe.

ontarget
04-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Vickie, thank you for the new pages. Your weekend sounds good. Congratulations on staying in your points range. I think that's awesome especially with all the events you had. Give yourself an atta-girl! You did great!

Happy Monday, Chickies! I had a great Easter and was able to stay op the whole time. Today is Day 321 sf. Okay, I'm finished bragging. Curtis is gone to visit a guy friend at the hospital. He rode with another guy. I'm home waiting to see if storms permit my going to OA tonight. My sponsor and I are going out to dinner afterwards. I'm looking forward to some "girltime."

Paula, I am so proud of you for getting back in control before you do too much damage. Remember, I'm the chickie who regained a lot the last few years. Kudos to you for nipping this.

Rhonda, I'm glad you were safe. I was thinking of you last night. We saw that green sky, too. Curtis and I got our emergency grab bag ready and sat fully dressed watching the weather on television. Our next plan was to get in the tub in the little bathroom. Don't know if that would help or not. I think it would be easy for our place to go to Oz.

Have a great afternoon, Chickies.

Tejas
04-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Way to go you Chickies: Sandra, Vickie and Paula for each of your accomplishments.

Yes, Paula, a green sky means "hunker down" to us. I don't imagine that there is always a green sky, but when there is one you can be rather certain that there is a tornado around. It may be a myth, but we don't push it.

We had more thuderstorms today, and there was a tornado near where I grew up, about 60 miles from here. (Closer to Sandra than to me.)

I saw the trainer today and we are going to modify my routine a bit because it is just so tough that I am tired before I'm even half way through it. So, I'm going to do only one set of each exercise. Then, if I still have energy, I can go back through the sets and repeat them. I might have bragged to you that he told me the program would challenge someone half my age so that I shouldn't be unhappy about stepping back a bit to lessen the chance of getting an injury. I'm not the least bit disappointed in anything except the slow loss of body fat. But, my body is changing.

ontarget
04-25-2011, 10:27 PM
Rhonda, I'm so glad your trainer is working with you and is modifying your program. You are doing amazingly well.

I was home alone when the storms hit today. Thought I was going to do my hunkering down in the bathroom but was able to stay in front of the television. Thank goodness for the Channel 5 Weather Team. They kept me from panicking. (I did have to take 1/3 an anxiety pill.)

Have a good evening, everyone. I'll catch you tomorrow.

jojo23
04-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Green sky Rhonda? What you been sniffing?

Morning everyone, chocolate fest is over and I'm back, nose to the wheel. No group meeting last night because of the holiday so looking forward to next Monday.

We have been having beautiful weather here, more like summer but just read that there is rain forecast for THE wedding on Friday. Although there are not many street parties planned, there will be thousands in London enjoying the carnival atmosphere so I hope it stays dry for them.

Have a good day everyone

Tejas
04-26-2011, 08:51 AM
Jojo just thank your lucky stars if you've never seen a green-tinted sky. :lol:

Vickie
04-26-2011, 09:19 AM
Good Morning Chicks! THEY say I gained 1.6 pounds. Harumph. I think it's just all the salt and stuff. Better luck next week.

ems81wales
04-26-2011, 03:46 PM
eveing ladies hope your all well :D

ontarget
04-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Rhonda and I are still on Earth. Looked like we might have headed to Oz yesterday--and, "Oh my!" We're having thunder boomers again today.

JoJo, I think you're lucky if you've never seen those green skies. Scarey stuff for sure. I think I aged a few years yesterday.

Hi, Ems. :wave:

Vickie, salt will definitely do it. Next week you'll be moving those scales down again.

I went for pedi/mani this morning. Now we're having more hail. Life goes on. Wonder when these storms will end.

Tejas
04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Ok, I learned this from the local weather channel. The clouds with some tornados contain hail. If there is hail, the skies are greenish. Why the hail turns the sky green, they didn't say.

ontarget
04-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Rhonda, thank you for calling to check on us. I was wondering how you and Doyle were, too. I'm glad you called.

That's good to know about hail and green skies.

jojo23
04-27-2011, 01:58 AM
Now girls, how did we get to this age without knowing how to hold a tea cup?

Royal Wedding guests have been sent a 22-page list of do's and don'ts – including how to hold their teacups.

The etiquette guide has commonsense tips such as not clashing with bride Kate Middleton’s outfit by wearing white or cream and keeping phones silent.

But there is also advice for the 1,900 guests on how to greet the Queen.

Meanwhile, separate instructions to caterers have given strict orders that staff must not look at Her Majesty or other royals while serving.

A Palace source said yesterday: "Etiquette is very important but for some it will be a minefield. That's why this guide will help.

"Guests are asked to arrive at least 20 minutes before the ceremony begins.

"As the Queen enters Westminster Abbey, everybody has to acknowledge her arrival with a curtsey or bow as she walks through. The same must happen as she leaves."

Royal etiquette expert Jean Broke-Smith added: "When you meet the Queen, she puts her hand out first and you address her as Your Majesty. In conversation you address her as Ma'am, to rhyme with jam or ham, not palm."

ontarget
04-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Ah, it's probably a good thing I didn't get an invitation. I would have stepped on several mines.

We're heading out to lunch. Have a Wickedly Wonderful Wednesday, everyone.

Tejas
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Sandra, you didn't get your invitiation!? How did that happen? She must not have your new address.

We just had a tap performance for two high school dance classes. It was fun, and we did pretty well. The kids were curious and respectful.

pam920
04-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Well, I got my invite. Gonna stop and meet jojo while I'm there. We can find ems and have a party of our own.

Girls, we are getting the rain too. I feel like I'm in a rain forest. Delayed my Michigan trip until Friday, as they were expecting rain there too.

Vickie, it was salt. Don't sweat it, you will have a big loss next week. I rejoined WW with my daughter last night. Don't care for the meetings here in KY and they are at 6 pm. Not my favorite time to weigh in. They gave me a 5 lb sticker, lol. Never got my first one in Florida. We are going to do the 5K in June with WW. Everyone is welcome to join us.

ontarget
04-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Rhonda, :woohoo: on your tap performance! Do these high schools have dance teams? Alvarado does and they enter competitions. I'll bet the HS kids enjoyed watching. I'm sure they appreciated all of you for coming to share with them.

I think you're right about my invitation being in Montana. Speaking of which--while watching thunderboomers all around, I've been wondering why ya'll and we came back to Texas. Now that the sun's out and we're having a gorgeous spring day I know why. Life is good.

Pam, tell us about the 5K. Is it something we can do and report in here on cyber space? Sorry about sending you these storms. I can imagine how much rain you're getting. When we drive through KY, we are amazed at the greenery--and the carbon dioxide seems strong, too, or is that my imagination?

pam920
04-27-2011, 07:12 PM
Sandra, they gave us a brochure on it. It's broke into 6 wks, to get conditioned for it. You start out walking 10 minutes the 1st day. I think if I just get on my treadmill, I will be fine. My daughter has quite a bit to lose, and never exercises, so it may be harder on her than me, lol. So far I did 26 min. on treadmill and want to do a little more before I go to bed. If you are a member, go to WW site, I'm sure there is something on it about the 5K. It's called WALK-!T CHALLENGE. Yes, that is an exclamation point, instead of an *i*.

Are you going to Montana? I haven't been here lately so I must have missed something.

Rhonda, I see Dancing with the Stars in your future. I loved to tap when I was a kid, no formal lessons though. I used to ballet on my toes. i could walk on my toes too. Gosh the silly stuff we did as kids.

Tejas
04-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Pam, ouch, walk on your toes?!! I've seen kids do that too. I don't think I did that. I did do ballet on toe throughout my teen years. I blame it for the arthritis in my toe!

Sandra, I'll take wild springs and tornado warnings any day over 6 months of winter and ice.

I don't know whether the kids had dance competitions. I'll find out.

I'm looking at the pictures on TV of the tornado in Tuscaloosa. Very frightening, and damaging. 15 deaths, I heard.

ems81wales
04-28-2011, 06:14 AM
this royal wedding rubbish is doing my nut in lol

jojo23
04-28-2011, 07:07 AM
If you really, really want a ticket for the abbey girls; Prince Andrew will sell you one (joke doing the rounds over here;))

I was in London the day before yesterday. There are always foreign visitors in the city but there must have been treble the numbers. Loads of Americans, one couple from Texas had spent $30 thousand on the trip. Many people have starte camping out, we all enjoy a party and this one is costing £20 million.

How are you all fairing in the storms. They look dreadful on CNN news. Are you all OK?

Haven't done too badly, eatingwise, this week.

beach bum
04-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi Ladies:)

I'm back!!! had lots of thing to do yesterday and wasn't able to post. Had a wonderful time at my DD's and now the vacation to Maine with my DD and Grand children is on again.

Gained 3-lbs while I was away.

I came home on Tuesday, to a broken Microwave and now I have to go out and get another.When using it the defrost didn't defrost and cooking @100% the GG veggies didn't heat up.There was a terrible smell coming from the back of the microwave. Its 12 years old so I guess I shouldn't complain.

Have to go will be back some time this afternoon.

pam920
04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Morning chickies.

Maryann, welcome back. I knew you would have a good time. 12 yrs is a long time for a microwave. They have much more efficient ones out these days. You will have the 3 lbs gone in no time.

ems, driving me crazy too. Our morning shows, that is all that is on, so I refuse to watch them. We all loved Diana so I guess they think we love anything to do with the Royal family now. Nope, not me.

jojo, that is crazy. What some people will do. Nothing surprises me. Not quite getting the joke, explains please.

Hopefully we leave for Michigan tomorrow. The sun is shining today after rain and storms yesterday.

ontarget
04-28-2011, 01:01 PM
Pam, I lived in Montana 10 years after I retired till coming back to Texas in 2007.

Rhonda, you're right. I only spent 1 winter in Montana (Winter Texan the other 9), but that was enough.

JoJo and Ems, wonder what will be on the news after this week?

Maryann, those 3 lbs will melt away quickly. Just do what you know to do.

I'm subbing computer classes today. Curtis and I will have Subway for dinner. Tomorrow night we're dining out with friends at a Mexican restaurant that's new to us. (Free Margaritas with your meal!!!!!!)

ontarget
04-28-2011, 04:09 PM
So? Where is everybody?

blessedwithsarah
04-28-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm here!!! Just wanted to check in. I've been doing well this week. The scale is moving where I want it to go. I'm back to tracking calories on " my fitness pal dot com ". I decided to not continue to pay for WW on line. Doing it for those few months got me back on track to the program and I was able to print off a bunch of the information sheets. So, I'm basically doing the new core but tracking calories.

I mixed up my workout this week -- I had been switching between the elliptical and tread mill. I'd do an hour on either. When I did the treadmill I do it on a very high incline. Well this week I did the treadmill and actually ran for the first 15 minutes. I have always HATED running. But I must stay it was a good 15 minutes and I felt great doing it. Plus it did work some new muscles in my legs. When I get back to the gym on Saturday I'm going to run again for a longer time. I was surprised at how it wasn't torture.

Maryann - welcome back! Hope you had a great holiday.

Ems and Jojo -- crash the wedding tomorrow and send us lots of scandalous pictures!!!

Rhonda and Sandra - I hope the storms are out of TX now. Scary stuff.

Nancy, how are you doing?

Well, got to get ready to head home from work. Have a good night.

Tejas
04-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Paula, for what it's worth, my trainer says not to get too worried about inclines, etc. Just work hard and sweat. :lol:

Tejas
04-29-2011, 10:32 AM
TWO kisses on the balcony?! :woohoo:

beach bum
04-29-2011, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Ladies or what left of it. I was Up at 5:15AM to see the royal wedding. I thought Catherine was absolutely stunning in her beautiful wedding dress. Her sister is a very pretty woman also.Was surprised about the ceremony the they say the Our Father and different prayers differently than we do.

We have a beautiful sunny day and the temps are in the 60's.Going for a walk down at the beach with my friend Alice some time this afternoon.

PAM-Thanks,This morning I lost of of the pounds I gained. Yeah if did last a long time,but now I love my new microwave even if I won't cook in it I do use it for heating up water for coffee & cocoa or foods,and for defrosting.

SANDRA-I know what to do, but it take time to get back on program after a holiday or vacation.

PAULA-Had a wonderful time even if the weather didn't hold up,except for Easter Sunday.

Have to go and start dinner before I go out to walk

pam920
04-29-2011, 01:28 PM
Maryann, have fun at the beach. I use my microwave to mostly heat up too.

Rhonda, I wasn't up but did turn on Today show to see them kiss. I just don't understand what all the hoopla is about. Princess, prince, it's all a fantasy to me. Just doesn't interest me.

We are leaving tomorrow for Michigan. My husband pulled his back the other day and it should be better by tomorrow so he can drive. He hates my driving, as I follow the speed limits, lol.

I have hardly left the house since coming back to KY. Getting in a funk again. Now I remember why I love Florida.

ontarget
04-29-2011, 02:07 PM
Hi there. I'm subbing computer classes again today. I have a bag of bananas and plan to share with 8th Period. (just 3 students in that class). Won't they be shocked at someone sharing fruit instead of candy?

We're going out for Mexican food tonight. I'm planning to have a fajita salad minus the shell and chips; however, a margarita has my name on it. Life is good!

jojo23
04-30-2011, 03:36 AM
Morning all. If I haven't lost weight this week, I shall eat my hat. We were up at the crack of dawn yesterday, clearing out the rubbish from the celler, basement and shed. We thought that with that blasted wedding being on TV we would be the only ones at the city tip. Were we ever wrong! We had to queue up just to get through the gates. I think the whole of our town was there. Anyway, even with making several trips and the queue getting longer each time, we manage to finish by the time the tip closed at 6pm.

How are you all? Glad to see you back Paula.

Where are you Em? You can come out now love its all over!

pam920
04-30-2011, 08:49 AM
morning chicks. Drinking my coffee and then getting ready to make the trip to Michigan. We will probably head back home on Tuesday. No internet where I'm staying, so won't be able to check in.

jojo, it's over. That's all we are seeing here too. It's crazy. Hope the scales are good to you this week. I expect to see a gain, since we will be taking advantage of all the good restaurants we never have access to.

Tejas
04-30-2011, 09:38 AM
Good Morning:

I'm off to the gym, then to have a nap, then to the tap dance performance at the Arts and Jazz fest. I'm selfishly wanting rain so we don't have to dance on that awful cement stage where the sound of the taps is awful :eek:

Jojo, congrats on the cleaning. I need to emulate you.

Have a great day everyone.

Vickie
04-30-2011, 10:17 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I'm recovering from a migraine and an awful tummy. It happens to me sometimes when my allergies are triggered. We are having one of our wettest Aprils ever. Sigh.

And, I'm hobbling around on my cute little air cast and obediently doing my heel PT. I hope the exercises start to help since since I cannot take ibuprofen or naproxen.

Enough whining! I haven't watched the wedding yet, but Jim did DVR it for me. I'll fast forward to the parts that I want to see. As you all have pointed out.....the highlights have been all over the news. And of course, I watched Oprah. Too cute....all those people in the audience dressed just like they were going to the wedding!

Have fun this weekend everyone!

ems81wales
04-30-2011, 01:36 PM
wedding was ok better than i thought it would be. I STS this week :(

beach bum
04-30-2011, 05:07 PM

Went to bed early last night after getting up so early to watch the Royal Wedding.Than in the afternoon I went to lunch at BBC,restaurant facing the beach with one of my friends,and while we were there we walked for a while and than met another friend there.Got home,and now I I don't feel like eating anything for supper.

It looks like the last day of April is going to be a wash out this event the clouds are low and dark,but I'm indoors for the night so it doesn't matter.

PAM-Thanks,can't believe all the people walking down there either with there dogs or with a friend. Have a safe trip to Michigan,have fun,see you guys back on Tuesday. My DH didn't like me driving from state to state either.I guess its a man thing.

JOJO-Sorry that you didn't lose, I didn't either being away for the Easter Holiday.Your post sounds like you were very ambitious this weekend. My basement needs cleaning again,have to call the junk man to pick up the items, as our town doesn't have a dump anymore.

VICKIE-I think I have allergies also as I can't breath and do have headaches right in back of my eyes. Glad that Its the end of the month and a New Spring month of May is here.Don't like the rain,flog and wind blowing every night since I got home.

Have a great evening,see you guy tomorrow

jojo23
05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
3lbs off this week. Tail up and wagging.

Glad you are back Maryann. Never mind about the gain. You had a good time and that isall that matters

How's the heel Vickie ? It is so debilitating isn't it when things go wrong from the hip down. If it was your arm then at least you could move a bit easier

Morning Ems Thank the lord it is over... Except us having to pay for it. I have high hopes of W&K making the monarchy popular again. Over 60 million of us in the UK and only a million turn out, and that includes all the foreign visitors and youngsters who just go for the atmosphere. When I was a little girl in the 1950's it was heresy to not adore the royals. Now even BBC commentators are tongue in cheek aren't they? It was lovely to see all the overseas visitors having such a good time, and thankfully the weather held.

Vickie
05-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Good Morning Chicks!

Way to GO, JoJo!!!!!!! Your exercise paid off.

I'm good. Preparing for my two weigh ins tomorrow, a cut and color, and Jim's birthday dinner celebration. We have a very busy week planned. Thank God we are retired and have the time to get everything done. It turns out that our weekends are normally very quiet since we get all our errands done during the week.

I haven't seen a loss in two weeks so I'm really hoping for one tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Light and Love to you all.

ontarget
05-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Hi, Ladies. It's good to see you all here. I worked in the yard yesterday and also did some training for Senior Nationals. Time flies when you're having fun. I ran out of it yesterday. :lol:

Rhonda, how did your dance go?

Ems and JoJo, I didn't watch the wedding celebration but the high school English teachers decorated the teachers' lounge.

JoJo, congrats on moving those scales. Your hard work is paying off.

Vickie, I thought I was going to have a loss this Tuesday--then Friday came with margaritas. Life goes on......... I hope your wi goes well.

Maryann, we're welcoming May with some muchneeded rain. I don't even mind not training today. :lol:

We're going with some from our church this evening to take food and serve some homeless folks. These folks are really nice. We enjoy sharing with them and they definitely give us a lot in return. Life is good.

beach bum
05-01-2011, 06:29 PM

Just got home from spending a long day around the town. First its was Sunday Mass and than Brunch,the Movies[Water the Elephants]and than to dinner at the 99 restaurant.

Boy am I pooped out. Think I'm going to hit the hay soon.

JOJO-Thanks, but I have to start controlling it now before I start wearing my short sets in the summer months and I don't want to be embarrass wearing them. Congrats on your 3 lbs loss. Hope I can follow suit.

VICKIE-Have fun at all the outing,and crossing my figures that you have a good W-I .

SANDRA-Hoping for less rain this month as I like to have a sunny day to get my walking doe down by the beautiful beaches we have.

Have a great evening

jojo23
05-02-2011, 03:10 AM
New pages up and running ladies