Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 07:17 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Daily Chat - 25 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Weekend Chat - 22-24 April 2011
Old 04-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Hope everyone has a great OP week.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!

Easter is now behind us!

I've been mostly good (except for an extra RTD on Easter Day) and I am facing forward and ready to meet the rest of my goal!

I was a little disappointed when I saw pictures of mysefl yesterday. I am thrilled with my weight loss, don't get me wrong, but I had hoped to "look smaller" than I did in the photos. I think this is a good reminder that I am not done yet and will help keep me motivated to the finish! I have also readjusted my goal to 135 lbs (my weight on my wedding day) because it's what I really want.

Have a great OP week everyone!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-25-2011 at 10:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Ok for those of you who had a rough Easter...Look ahead and today hit it hard...back in the game....

This weekend I went bowling..now I have a limp...temporary catch in the hip...but what a fun time I had..
Its fun remembering to get out and live and doing things besides sitting and eating..
I am official ready for that red swim suit..I will be hunting high and low until I find it now...I've earned it...
Have a great week...
Loving Life....
Old 04-25-2011, 08:37 AM   #5  

Happy Easter Monday to those of you who have it off. I am finally "feeling" slimmer, have way way less bloat, this is being amazing and I know I am still a long way off but I have never felt this wonderful on any kind of diet before. I Love you IP!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 AM   #6  

Default getting back in the game

Hi everyone,

For the past week or so, I've had a pretty tough time. I threw myself out of ketosis without even realizing it because I ate things that I thought were allowed but were not. So Easter weekend my parents came to visit and I was completely off program for a day. I deciced to give myself one day, to not feel guilty (I've been feeling really guilty all week) and to start fresh on Monday with a bright new attitude and motivation.

This morning, I gained a pound but it is not the end of the world. All things considered, I've been doing really well on IP so far and I feel good in my body. My summer clothes fit well and I am motivated to keep losing and stick to the program!!

Happy Monday everyone!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 AM   #7  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
Well, it's been awhile. Everything is fantastic. If your new here, just stick with it. I'm feeling really good, I'm past the half way mark and down 67lbs since 12/29/10. I'm still trudging along towards goal!

I've posted some progress pic in my profile. Hey look....I'm down a few cup sizes in the hairy man boobs! Ha ha!

Okay, I had to stop back in here because I have a question. I've been getting my BMI tested, which shows percentage of fat/lean/weight/dehydration etc...,

I'm completely perplexed. My lean was staying steady for quite awhile. Then suddenly dropped 10pts in my lean and up a few pts in my fat? I mean within a week. I thought it was a problem with the machine, and it showed similar results this week. I seem to be in light ketosis.

My coach reached out to someone and they thought it could be a couple of things. I had a really bad week with a lot of hours at work. I was eating on protocol, consuming water, but big gaps between meals. Days were long hours, dinners at 10pm, lunches at 4pm, store bought foods as close to protocol as possible. I did drop 2lbs that week, but my eating and lifestyle pattern was way out of wack. It was the following week with the bizarre BMI readings. The other thing was is that I'm constantly dehydrated when I take those tests. It's hard to believe, because I'm drinking close to 90oz of water a day. I'm not perfect, but at least 64oz minimum. They said the dehydration could be taking lean from organs, etc..., I don't know, sounds weird. But I do notice my ketone sticks say light to trace ketosis.

Anyone heard of such a thing!
Thought I would try and give you some input on this, just some thoughts. By the way, you are doing great and your photo's show this. Great job!

I am assuming you are getting your BMI tested with either a device you hold in your hands or that is incorporated into a scale, correct? These types of devices use an electrical impedence measuring method and many things can skew the readings. The biggest being your hydration level. If you are dehydrated, this will skew readings. Things such as high sodium or even lots of caffine that day can skew the results too. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you are following the protocol, your muscle mass should be fairly protected. I eat a little more than IP protein and have had no issues.

I just had mine done 2 ways, electrical impedence with a hand held device and got 14.8% body fat, then did the skin fold caliper test and got 12.4% body fat. The impedence device can be + or - 2.5% from actual. We decided to go with the caliper method. This is the most accurate you can get without doing a water immersion test, which is most accurate. See if you can get a skin fold caliper test done and compare that to the other method. I got mine done at our local YMCA.

My ketone stix seem to measure 0-trace all the time now, but I am still losing. If you are still consuming high protein, you should protect muscle mass. I think you will be ok. Hope this helps.

Great job so far! Awesome!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

Default Thoroughly confused.....

After weeks of being on this diet, following it exactly and battling hunger...I had a few "cheats" this weekend (extra chicken Saturday and smoked salmon yesterday) and now I am not hungry. I am also up a pound. ?????? WTHeck?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 153/129/120-125

Height: 5'1"

I`ve asked this before a couple of times, and no one has answered me, but I`ll try again I haven`t lost anything for a month now, so what would you do? Should I phase off and then go back on to lose these last 10 pounds, or what?? I `m following the plan exactly, haven`t had any cheats except for few times of too much protein. I don`t know how to get past this stall. What do others do to shake their bodies up and get the weight moving again?
Old 04-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`ve asked this before a couple of times, and no one has answered me, but I`ll try again I haven`t lost anything for a month now, so what would you do? Should I phase off and then go back on to lose these last 10 pounds, or what?? I `m following the plan exactly, haven`t had any cheats except for few times of too much protein. I don`t know how to get past this stall. What do others do to shake their bodies up and get the weight moving again?
I have not answered because I was not sure you would like my answer...... Maybe you are done. By that, I mean maybe your body is happy where it is for now. Why not phase off, and see how things go? Just my 2 cents, of course.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #11  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone,
I was doing great all weekend until about 4:00 yesterday when I had a glass of wine. Well that led to 4 more, and some bad food choices. I got up in the night about 8 times and drank about 8 glasses of water, so no hangover, thank goodness.

Back on track today, and I feel like I can do this, just have to decide to smarten up!
Old 04-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #12  
Started IP 20-Apr-2011

S/C/G: 169/162/130

Height: 5'4"

And it sure feels like it takes forever to get to post #20!
Old 04-25-2011, 10:05 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Default Need help have to travel

Ok IP family. I need help and guidance. My grandfather passed away this am and I have to travel to Boston this week for service. I plan on staying OP but I was wondering if it would be easier to stay on Phase I or move to Phase 2? I have been wavering on when to change phases for a week or two. I am not at goal weight but am happy with where I am. Can you brink packets in your carry on?? Does stress effect weight loss? Sorry if this does not all make sense. A lot of thoughts racing through my head.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #14  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chick76 View Post
And it sure feels like it takes forever to get to post #20!

Its not only 20 posts but also 20 days to the exact minute of signing up. Just FYI.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:07 AM   #15  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Happy Monday everyone. I was super good for Easter... Although I'm really sick of explaining the program to people. Does anyone else feel that way? I feel like a broken record. "No, it's not like Atkins at all..." "Yes, I eat vegetables. Lots of them." "No, I can't eat fruit. I will eat fruit again later."

I am off to dr visit and WI in about an hour so I will post results later. It's Monday. Easter is BEHIND us. Here's to a great OP week for everyone.

If you cheated, put it behind you! It's a new day.
Closed Thread