Old 04-24-2011, 08:29 AM   #1  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Default Just back from Disney....

.....and I wish I could say I stayed on protocol!! Ugh!!!

DH and I had the best of intentions to stay on track....even brought our IP packets with us! We decided our plan would be "one day with one meal off, the next day strict IP". It didn't go as planned.... Towards the end of our trip it went down hill....eating mostly Disney food and maybe a shake for breakfast. Although we did a ton of walking, it wasn't enough. I do have to say that this trip I felt so much better, and it could have been soooo much worse that's for sure!! I have gained 3 pounds (on my scale) I go officially tomorrow....ohhh I was soooo close to Onederland too!! Boohoo!! One problem we had was trying to get the veggies in. We had many salads, but we couldn't find many of the "select veggies" to purchase. Not sure how to work that in (even had a grocery delivery but they didn't have much of what veggies we love).

We started back up yesterday and what a day!! I felt HORRIBLE!! My body was not very happy with me! Let that be a lesson!!

You're not going to believe this, but we're heading back to Disney in 2 weeks (adult trip only - woot woot) for 5 days! We're hoping to do a better job.

In the meantime, we're learning so much about our bodies and how lethal sugar can be (not to mention alcohol). This "way of life" has been (and will continue to be) such an incredible blessing for our family, and we're so thankful we've been introduced to it. DH and I are looking forward to spending the rest of our lives living healthier and happier!!

Newbies....welcome to the "healthy" rest of your lives!!

Best wishes to all....and Happy Easter!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Disney is definitely a challenge as far as eating well goes. We were there last year and even though I wasn't on IP then, just finding a healthy meal was a challenge! I was dying for some fruit and veggies and paid a small fortune to buy some at a convenience shop.
Kudos to you for trying to stay OP in spite of it all. I'm sure the weight gain will leave as quickly as it came and when you return to Disney you'll be prepared for the challenge!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #3  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Don't worry too much -- we were there in December and I gained a bit too, I think it was 4-5 pounds. Anyway, it came right off, but the problem for me was that I let myself continue eating 'vacation-style' once we were back. The toughest part was getting back on plan.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:08 PM   #4  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Disney is definitely a challenge as far as eating well goes. We were there last year and even though I wasn't on IP then, just finding a healthy meal was a challenge! I was dying for some fruit and veggies and paid a small fortune to buy some at a convenience shop.
Kudos to you for trying to stay OP in spite of it all. I'm sure the weight gain will leave as quickly as it came and when you return to Disney you'll be prepared for the challenge!
Thx!! We really did try! I hope we are "smarter" when we go back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Don't worry too much -- we were there in December and I gained a bit too, I think it was 4-5 pounds. Anyway, it came right off, but the problem for me was that I let myself continue eating 'vacation-style' once we were back. The toughest part was getting back on plan.
I hear ya'!! We tried starting back on IP even before we left Disney!! THAT didn't work!! Thursday and Friday we had good intentions at breakfast, but by lunch we were looking at each other saying "we ARE on vacation after all"!! LOL !!!

Yesterday we were back on track....and I really felt it. I was hoping today was going to be a better day but I have another headache. It started out as a beautiful day here, so Hubby and I got a lot of work in the garden done this morning....not sure if that wore me out. Going to take it easy this afternoon. Kids go back to school tmr and we go back to work!! DD16 was touring Rome and Greece the past 10 days and she comes home tonight....can't wait to see her!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote