South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default Plan of attack for Easter (aka chocolate day)

I thought it might be nice to have sort of an accountability thread of your plans for Easter. Most of us will be surrounded by chocolates, desserts, foods that are prepared for guests...family and friends around to distract us from our goals. Most of us are realisticly anticipating slipping up a bit. So, let's post our plan and try to stay accountable to ourselves....so...if you plan on going off plan or staying on the straight and narrow...let's post our plans!!!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

You know what? After eating the SBD way for more than 7 years, I've discovered that chocolate and other sweets just don't taste as good as they used to. I don't know if my taste buds have changed or what, but I'm not complaining. The candy doesn't tempt me in the least.

As for the rest of day, I plan to have a small serving of Mom's broccoli casserole and spoonful of sweet potato souffle, then load up the rest of my plate with a healthy salad I'm making, and having fruit and cheese for dessert. I will indulge in a few glasses of wine, too.

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 04-23-2011 at 07:40 AM.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Okay....my plan for tomorrow....
Weights in the morning

B Massa (portuguese sweet bread...tradition) HB eggs (of course)
s 1 PB egg (my favorite) 1 jelly bean , 1 mini egg
L ham veggies
Dessert might be a bite of something that my sister's mother in law brings...maybe....
D veggies, chicken
treadmill walk to cover my slips

Now to try to figure caloric intake for above.....that's my plan...If I have less...good for me...but I WILL NOT have more!!!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/225/165

Height: 5'6

I'm not spending Easter with family so I don't have to worry about a big Easter dinner...but that doesn't mean all the candy isn't out there, and I have another friend trying to stay healthy who won't be with her family either, so I decided to make healthy easter baskets for us (yes, I'm a bit of a Martha Stewart wannabe). I included:

-A workout DVD for each of us
-Sunscreen since we have been/will be spending a lot of time walking/running outside
-Nail polish to pamper ourselves as a reward for staying on our plans
-Nuts as a healthy snack
-Some sugar free candy
-A little teddy bear

I really love holidays, so hopefully that's my smart compromise for not ignoring Easter, but making it about a healthy lifestyle!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

ILRPinkGirl, you've inspired me to make some healthy Easter baskets, too! I have another friend who does this...I'd just forgotten. Yours sounds wonderful!

Kristen, great job planning ahead...having your small amount of treats but no more.

Linda, your moms broccoli casserole sounds good...I'm wondering if it's SBD friendly.

I've been looking through the family cookbook. Since we'll have breakfast at church my DH and mom can get all the ham and sugary desserts they want there. I'm thinking I'll make an eggplant casserole and baked sweet potatoes for dinner, with a yummy salad, of course. I'll make black bean brownies this morning and we can have those for dessert.

Hmm....I'd better go shop now before the stores are nutty.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I'm helping with breakfast for church, they were planning egg casserole (the one w/bread, sausage, and cheese), pancakes, and donuts. I offered to bring in a frittata so some could have a healthy option (like me!).

Just finished up ideas for easter dinner, with friends coming over:
Ham
sweet potatoes (plain)
spinach/strawberry salad
asparagus
pineapple casserole (off plan, tradition for DH)
friend is bringing mashed potatoes (she's vegetarian and very thin)
applesauce (homemade!)
oh, and deviled eggs!!

she's bringing dessert, should be interesting....

I think really, for a holiday, that's pretty good!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 04-23-2011 at 08:37 AM. Reason: deviled eggs!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/192/125

Height: 5' 3"

ILRPinkGirl, I love that idea!

I'm not going to have a big family thing this year, but I do have to make a basket for my son. Thankfully, he loves all kinds of candy so I can avoid buying the stuff that tempts me most and still make him happy. My plan is to fill his basket with treats I can resist, avoid the grocery store as much as I can, and keep my mouth full of SF gum the entire weekend. Obviously not the plan of a strong-willed woman, but whatever works, right?
Old 04-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

The hot crossed buns in the grocery store have been crying at me for weeks now, but I've managed to stay away. Tomorrow morning I will eat one (because the rest are already given away) for breakfast. I hope it's spectacular!

PS: The healthy Easter basket idea rules!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

I've been battling this for a week now, with stuffing eggs for multiple Easter Egg hunts and being faced with Easter treats from every direction. My plan is to not indulge at all, since I am coming off a clean Phase I. I haven't touched any of it. Tomorrow we'll eat at my mom's and there will be shrimp, deviled eggs, ham, asparagus, and salad for me, and I will bring a sugar free dessert. The kids will have candy, but I'll be out of the house most of the coming week, so that should help.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6

I took ownership of this one right off the bat. I invited our family over here so I could control the menu:

roasted sweet potatoes
roasted broccoli
salad (SBD friendly, of course)
salmon
steak (i'll pass on this)
a blueberry crisp for dessert (again, i'll be passing )

I bought only a wee bit of chocolate for our egg hunt and DH will eat it. DS will hunt for plastic eggs filled with cheerios!!

Good Friday had an hour long walk with the family since the gym was closed, and today I did a one hour body pump class and then my C25K! EXCELLENT.

I feel good about this holiday. It's not getting past me! It is super annoying to have to walk past all the easter chocolate on my way up to the gym (it's in our grocery store).
Closed Thread