Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 08:14 PM   #1  
Cat Lover

Default Single 30-something

Hello!

I'm new here and feel a bit like the odd one out. I'm single and childless. I don't mind posting with the weekly group, but I just wondered if there was any interest in 30-somethings who I guess are a little less traditional?

Sandi

"All glory comes from daring to begin"
Old 12-30-2002, 08:59 PM   #2  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hi Sandi,

There are lots of single no-child people here, they just aren't posting so much right now. We are happy to have you over on the weekly thread, that's where we "talk". We try to keep the baby chatter down but it does tend to creep in.

How many cats do you have? I know RR has 5, Lauren has 1 and I am now down to 1 (and 1 dog also, but we don't tell the cat! ).

What weight loss program are you on? Most of us are doing WW. As much as we can anyway for the pg ones. Hope to see you on the other thread as well.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:06 PM   #3  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Sandi!

Yeah, it's kinda slow these days, and since Karen, Roadrunner and I seem to be pretty consistant posters, and of course all PG, that kind of conversation comes out most.

Please join us! Give us something besides babies to talk about!!

Tell us, what's soo darn lucky about your cat...because I know mine is lucky to still be alive some days (like today, when I discovered him once again pooping on the rug!!) :mad
Old 12-31-2002, 01:14 PM   #4  

Luckycat...interestingly enough, when I, LBH, RoadRunner & Karen all started here we were ALL single!!! We just all seemed to have gotten married in the past couple of years!

Seriously though, the others are right. It probably does seem like a lot of baby talk right now (although I'm not pregnant) because a lot of people haven't been posting as much because of the holidays I think. I know I just came back after about a year's absence (and a year of ignorning my weight!) I can understand you wanting to talk with some people who are a little closer to your situation, but I think if you hang out a while you'll see that there are more around & I'm sure they'll be coming back around & posting more after the new year!

LE
Old 12-31-2002, 03:35 PM   #5  
Cat Lover

Thanks!

You guys all seem great. I'll be happy to post with you.

I have never done WW. I have only had some minor successes with weight loss since 1996 (10 pounds before my wedding to fit in the dress..you know the usual). In 1995 I successfully lost 25 pounds. It's this success that I draw my strength and knowledge from. I ate normal but healthy lower fat foods, measured food, cut out junk, and exercised pretty much daily and heavily.

So I'm back at that rouitine which will work providing I stick with it. I gained the weight back from 130 in 1995 to 170 now because of eating and drinking like my husband (1996-2002).

Happy New Year to all!!!!

Oh! I have one cat, Titi. His original name was Lucky because he has 7 toes on one paw, but I think he prefers Titi. I'm thinking of getting anothern Feb. Not sure how Titi will take it.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:05 PM   #6  

Angry hi luckycat!

Hi there!

I am 30, single, with no kids.

I do have a drling boyfriend who I've been dating for 15 months now, and I also have an adorable kitty named Charlie. (BF gave him to me for my 30th birthday, and we love him!!)

I am also a graphic designer and stay busy with my friends and family. I also create artwork which I sell on consignment at a local boutique. I think DBF and I would like to get married and have kids someday, but we're soo not there right now! I feel so much younger than 30, I guess, and am having lots of fun!

I'd be happy to buddy up, or start at single 30-something thread!

Closed Thread