Old 04-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #1  
one pound at a time

S/C/G: 250/check tracker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Is it really that bad??

If I don't eat breakfast? I admit, I rarely eat breakfast. For two major reasons. A. I am NEVER hungry early in the morning. I just don't have an appetite for anything and thinking about eating actually makes me feel ill. And B. I never have the time to eat early in the morning. I know I could grab a granola bar or piece of fruit to get something in me but would it really matter??

I eat lunch around noon and eat a good dinner as well, but I just have never been a breakfast person. Am I alone in this?? Does anyone else just pass on the early morning grub?? I hear so many people(including WW) say eat breakfast, it's important, etc. So am I really doing something wrong??
tschaff04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:26 PM   #2  
SiLly MuCh?

S/C/G: 200/193/130

Height: 5'5''

Obviously you're doing SOMETHING right ... you've lost 78 lbs ... way to go girl!! I really wouldn't worry too much about it because what you're doing is working for you.
Dilli Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #3  
one pound at a time

Thank you very much!

I work really hard but sometimes wonder if I should be eating breakfast, since of course they say it's the most important meal of the day! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilli Doo View Post
Obviously you're doing SOMETHING right ... you've lost 78 lbs ... way to go girl!! I really wouldn't worry too much about it because what you're doing is working for you.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/159/135

Height: 5'1"

I think the overall picture is more important than the details. I've heard all the reasons to eat breakfast too, and although I'm a breakfast eater, I think there are exceptions to the rule.

You obviously have something that's working for you. Also, when do you wake up? If you're getting up at 9am and staying up until midnight, that'd be different than waking up at 5am and going to bed after dinner. It sounds like your 'breakfast' may just be at noon. and as long as it works for you, I see nothing wrong with eating twice a day. about ten years ago that's how I lost quite a lot; I ate only when my stomach growled, which was at lunch and dinner.
atreyyena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #5  
one pound at a time

Thank you for the response! I guess you are right. It's more about the whole picture. I have a higher number of points because I breastfeed and end up with quite a few snacking points after dinner. I try not to snack to much at night because I know that's another no no, but have a few favorites that I have every night.

I go to bed between 10 and 11pm and wake up between 8 and 8:30 am. Whenever my kids decide it's time to get up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyyena View Post
I think the overall picture is more important than the details. I've heard all the reasons to eat breakfast too, and although I'm a breakfast eater, I think there are exceptions to the rule.

You obviously have something that's working for you. Also, when do you wake up? If you're getting up at 9am and staying up until midnight, that'd be different than waking up at 5am and going to bed after dinner. It sounds like your 'breakfast' may just be at noon. and as long as it works for you, I see nothing wrong with eating twice a day. about ten years ago that's how I lost quite a lot; I ate only when my stomach growled, which was at lunch and dinner.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #6  
one pound at a time

Thank you for the response! I guess you are right. It's more about the whole picture. I have a higher number of points because I breastfeed and end up with quite a few snacking points after dinner. I try not to snack to much at night because I know that's another no no, but have a few favorites that I have every night.

I go to bed between 10 and 11pm and wake up between 8 and 8:30 am. Whenever my kids decide it's time to get up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atreyyena View Post

Old 04-22-2011, 06:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 248/167/150

Height: 5'6

Nah i dont eat breakfast either. I work full time evenings. So i am home at midnight and go to bed around 2-3am. I wake up at around 1030, get ready... have lunch, and then head off to work shortly after, so i dont have time enough to cram all the food in during the day. I am glad that i work these hours full time, because most of the snacking i used to do was in the evening. I work as a nurse so i dont have the time to be snacking at work, i eat on my break and thats it. So it helps me out in that respect... plus dinner is easier for me to organize healthy.
mercuryblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #8  
Fat Chick on a Mission

S/C/G: 216/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

Someone here posted a few weeks ago a study that negated previous ones, in that it found that there was no correlation between healthy weights and whether or not people ate breakfast. There have also been studies that show that eating late at night doesn't make a difference either, contrary to what we've been told forever. I think the important thing is what and how much you are eating. What time you eat it during the course of a day doesn't really matter.

I have never been a breakfast eater either. I am just not a morning person, I feel like poo until about 10am (even though I get up at 6). The thought of eating usually doesn't cross my mind until sometime after that.
dragonlady1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 12:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/ticker/175

I have to eat breakfast because I do my intense exercise in the morning, but if I didn't, I might not eat until mid-morning or lunch. I would, however, be eating lunch earlier than noon if I skipped breakfast.
fitkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #10  
one pound at a time

I totally understand about the late night snacking. That is one of my weaknesses. I stay within my points but I do snack more than I probably should at night. I try to make healthy choices though. A piece of fruit, small bag of smart popcorn, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryblue View Post
Nah i dont eat breakfast either. I work full time evenings. So i am home at midnight and go to bed around 2-3am. I wake up at around 1030, get ready... have lunch, and then head off to work shortly after, so i dont have time enough to cram all the food in during the day. I am glad that i work these hours full time, because most of the snacking i used to do was in the evening. I work as a nurse so i dont have the time to be snacking at work, i eat on my break and thats it. So it helps me out in that respect... plus dinner is easier for me to organize healthy.
Do you happen to have the links? Wow! That's great to hear. I do both of those things and it's nice to hear I am not sabotaging my journey to a healthier lifestyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlady1978 View Post
Someone here posted a few weeks ago a study that negated previous ones, in that it found that there was no correlation between healthy weights and whether or not people ate breakfast. There have also been studies that show that eating late at night doesn't make a difference either, contrary to what we've been told forever. I think the important thing is what and how much you are eating. What time you eat it during the course of a day doesn't really matter.

I have never been a breakfast eater either. I am just not a morning person, I feel like poo until about 10am (even though I get up at 6). The thought of eating usually doesn't cross my mind until sometime after that.
I do my work out around 2pm so it's not long after I have a good lunch. I eat at noon because that's when my youngest takes her nap and I have a chance to eat. lol But to tell the truth I am never hungry before then. I don't know if it's because I have trained my body to eat at that time or what but I never feel hungry until noonish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitkristi View Post
I have to eat breakfast because I do my intense exercise in the morning, but if I didn't, I might not eat until mid-morning or lunch. I would, however, be eating lunch earlier than noon if I skipped breakfast.