100 lb. Club - Getting out of the 170s

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Getting out of the 170s

NorthernExposure
04-22-2011, 08:12 AM
I didn't see a thread in this corner of 3FC dedicated specifically to the 170s, so I thought I should start one. I just made it to 179 today!

Anyone working their way out of the 170s is welcome to join me. Let's do this together!!

Emme
04-22-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm joining you! I was really glad not to see the number 8 yesterday or today, but I'm right at 179.4 and 179.8 (yesterday and today), so I'm going to work hard to make sure I don't see the 180s again. TOM is quickly approaching in a few days, so I might see a gain from that, but I might not...it seems like I actually retain the most water two weeks before my TOM.

NorthernExposure
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Yay Emme! So glad I don't have to talk to myself in this thread, lol. Hope some others join us soon!

LitChick
04-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Is it OK if I join in? I have been bouncing around the 170s for several weeks now and really want to see a number without a 7 in it! As of this morning, I was 173.8.

I'm getting down to the last few pounds to goal and find it harder to lose, from a combination of factors, a big one being that the health/vanity imperative to lose is no longer such a big drive, so I am more lenient with my food choices than I should be. I am not ready for maintenance yet!

Emme
04-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Hey, LitChick ~ of course you can jump in! This is for anyone in the 170s...whether it's 179.9 or 170.1!! Good for you for being so close to goal. You have lost so much...congratulations! :bravo:

j0lamo01
04-22-2011, 06:39 PM
My weigh in is this Tuesday I am hoping to be out of the 170s I weighed last week and I was 171.2, I just got my period so hopefully the bloating will go down by my weigh in on Tuesday! I am excited to see a 16 on the scale!

LitChick
04-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Hey, LitChick ~ of course you can jump in! This is for anyone in the 170s...whether it's 179.9 or 170.1!! Good for you for being so close to goal. You have lost so much...congratulations! :bravo:

Emme, thanks! And you are very close to a major milestone yourself! Go girl! :cheer3:

Streudel
04-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi All,

I've been cycling between 177-182 for about 5 months now. I am totally ready to see the 170's ( and the 180's ) in my rear view mirror.

I'm at 179.5 this morning. I'd like to be at the 169 mark by June 4. It would be nice to 1) be at the lightest weight I can safely manage before my first 5k race 2) finally be able to say I am no longer obese.

Emme
04-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Hi Streudel! That's a great goal for 169 by June 4th! Totally attainable. You can do it :)

Happy Easter, everyone! :)

j0lamo01
04-24-2011, 07:07 PM
I have been doing good so far! 172.2 on saturday so I hope to see the 160s when I weigh on Tuesday because it is TOM right now. Also I worked out on saturday and my arms are sore today yay me!
<----------------- This is my pic from today!

NorthernExposure
04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
Hello ladies!

Thanks for joining us, J0lamo01, streudel and litchick! Sorry I wasn't around to welcome you earlier...DH and I were out of town for Easter weekend.

Speaking of which, boy did I fall off the wagon! Friday wasn't too bad, but we both ate WAY too much Saturday and Sunday. Going to be doing damage control the rest of the week. I know I won't see a loss this Friday (my official WI day), but I am really hoping to still be in the 179 range! We did have a LOT of fun though and haven't been off plan like that for a long time...so it will be what it is, I guess! My next mini goal is to make 174 (100 lbs lost) by Memorial Day weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Emme
04-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Oh, Northern...sigh...I fell off the wagon, too. Even today when I had all positive thoughts about sticking with my calories, I fell. It's a new day tomorrow to start fresh. I am self-sabotaging for some reason and I am trying to work through my feelings (which sucks!!!), but it's what I need to do. Blech. Oh well. Moving onward, right?

Streudel
04-25-2011, 09:50 PM
I'm with you guys on the falling off the wagon thing. :(

But like Emme said, tomorrow is a new day to start fresh. We can do this!

Emme
04-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Happy Tuesday...start of a new day! :)

NorthernExposure
04-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Hooray for the new day!

I'm kind of easing back into my plan this week. I had yesterday off (so technically it was part of my long weekend, but my plan was to go fully back OP since it was Monday). I did fine calorie-wise, but no exercise. Today I can't make anymore excuses....need to get back on the horse with both.

Let's do this!

LitChick
04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Hello chickies!

I am still sitting in the mid-170s, and all the calories I consumed on Sunday did not help! I was pretty good with the main dishes, just had a little of certain things, but I definitely made up for it with the desserts! We went to an upscale buffet for Easter brunch with friends and of course, I just had to try most of the different cakes and whatnot. Seriously, cake is like my kryptonite.

Anyway, it was one day and in the scheme of things, is not going to be my undoing. I read a quote somewhere on a weight loss blog which said something along the lines of not falling off the wagon, but putting my foot down on the road once in awhile, which is what I felt like Sunday was.

I still managed to make my way through the whole Easter candy season without getting one of my favorite treats, a Cadbury creme egg. I consider that a personal victory. :D

Onwards and downwards!

Emme
04-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Hello chickies!

I am still sitting in the mid-170s, and all the calories I consumed on Sunday did not help! I was pretty good with the main dishes, just had a little of certain things, but I definitely made up for it with the desserts! We went to an upscale buffet for Easter brunch with friends and of course, I just had to try most of the different cakes and whatnot. Seriously, cake is like my kryptonite.

Anyway, it was one day and in the scheme of things, is not going to be my undoing. I read a quote somewhere on a weight loss blog which said something along the lines of not falling off the wagon, but putting my foot down on the road once in awhile, which is what I felt like Sunday was.

I still managed to make my way through the whole Easter candy season without getting one of my favorite treats, a Cadbury creme egg. I consider that a personal victory. :D

Onwards and downwards!

Cake is my kryptonite, too...I could eat it all day long. All kinds. I am not picky. My sister used to have sheet cake eating contests with her friends in college and I would get so jealous when she'd tell me about them.

I love the quote you mentioned about about not falling off the wagon, but just putting your foot down on the road every once in a while. Someone told me that after I posted that I pigged out for an entire weekend and didn't feel bad about it -- I thought it was weird that I was "ok" about my oink-fest and I wasn't beating myself up, and they threw that quote out there and it just made sense.

I had 4 Cadbury eggs, though, over the course of 6 weeks, so I ate enough of them for the both of us. :)

NorthernExposure
04-28-2011, 08:48 AM
Good morning, ladies!

I hear you on the cake! That was definitely part of my 2-day Easter feast. I have a feeling I'll be paying for it on the scale tomorrow. I REALLY hope I'm not back in the 180's. I'm also due for TOM pretty soon, so I think it will be slow going for a while.

Well, we're almost at the end of April. Let's hope May brings us all some good progress!!

Emme
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
'Morning, everyone! I can't believe it is almost Friday already. Northern, I think you'll be ok. Even if it does go up slightly, I'm sure it will be right back down the next day! That's happened to me plenty of times before.

I am patiently waiting for TOM...it was supposed to be here 3 days ago, so I'm not sure what is going on. My cycle is usually every 23 days, but last month it was 24, so maybe this month it is just extending itself again...who knows.

I hope everyone has a great day! :)

LitChick
04-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Emme, OMG cake-eating contests - I could win everytime. Like you, I'm not picky, either. My favorite is of course, chocolate, but I will (and have) pretty much eat every cake out there. The only one I will turn down is carrot cake with raisins. Ick on the raisins.

I got back in control the rest of this week, although I've been feeling lazy and haven't worked out as much as I should have. I am training for a couple of endurance events and try to stick pretty strictly to my program, but this week has just felt off to me. I needed a little rest, I think.

I had to go out last night to a BBQ place for a charity event for my husband's work and although I didn't go too crazy and even ordered the smoked turkey as my meat, I am still up a couple pounds today from all the sodium. Ugh.

I am patiently waiting for TOM...it was supposed to be here 3 days ago, so I'm not sure what is going on. My cycle is usually every 23 days, but last month it was 24, so maybe this month it is just extending itself again...who knows.

I am having the same issue! In fact, I'm over a week late. My cycles are usually pretty regular and I typically get the warning cramps a few days beforehand but this month so far, nothing. I even went out and bought a pregnancy test a couple of days ago (which would be a minor miracle if it happened, since I have been off BC for several years but have been unable to get pregnant) but it said not pregnant. I'll wait another few days before I call my doctor.

Emme
04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
I got back in control the rest of this week, although I've been feeling lazy and haven't worked out as much as I should have. I am training for a couple of endurance events and try to stick pretty strictly to my program, but this week has just felt off to me. I needed a little rest, I think.

I had to go out last night to a BBQ place for a charity event for my husband's work and although I didn't go too crazy and even ordered the smoked turkey as my meat, I am still up a couple pounds today from all the sodium. Ugh.

Awesome for ordering the smoked turkey! Good for you -- gotta love that sodium, though, right? And, don't worry, you're not alone in the non-workout world. I haven't done anything in 10 days (busted knee and just being lazy), but need to get back in the swing of things. It's awesome that you are training for some endurance events -- what kind are you training for?

I am having the same issue! In fact, I'm over a week late. My cycles are usually pretty regular and I typically get the warning cramps a few days beforehand but this month so far, nothing. I even went out and bought a pregnancy test a couple of days ago (which would be a minor miracle if it happened, since I have been off BC for several years but have been unable to get pregnant) but it said not pregnant. I'll wait another few days before I call my doctor.

LOL -- I bought a test last night just to see and it was negative. I was freaking out because my TOM is never late, but I just started being regular with it in January after being on the depo shot for 10 years and not having periods at all.

How are all the other 170s ladies doing? :)

NorthernExposure
04-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Last Friday: 179.0
Today: 179.0

Woo-HOO!! Can't believe I didn't gain after last weekend's indulgences AND the fact that I'm pre-TOM. Onward and downward!

Emme
04-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Northern ~ Good for you!! That's why I like WI on Fridays...I have four days to really try to punch it out if I have a weekend where I eat more than I should. I'm really happy for you!

TOM came this morning right after my WI...lol! My WI was 179.2, so I managed to lose 1/2 a pound. I need to be more strict with myself in May, but that is going to be really difficult on the weekends. My birthday is this month, so I'll have Mothers Day lunch next Sunday, birthday dinner Saturday the 14th, birthday lunch Sunday the 15th...aarrrgghh!! I need to buckle down. I lost 2.2 pounds all of April which is still awesome because, to me, any loss is awesome, but I know I could have done more. I haven't worked out for almost 2 weeks because my left knee is tight and swollen, but I think I'm ready to get back into it next week. And the weather is supposed to be gorgeous here this weekend, so I see some outside walks with the hubby in my near future. I'm pushing for May and June to be great months, because I'd like to be at my goal weight sometime in July...wow...that means I have to really get my butt into gear now that I'm thinking about it!

NorthernExposure
04-29-2011, 04:20 PM
"That's why I like WI on Fridays...I have four days to really try to punch it out if I have a weekend where I eat more than I should."

Totally! And great job on the 1/2 lb loss! I hear you on challenging events. I think I'm OK until memorial weekend...but I know what certain months are like, one gathering, birthday, party or whatever after another! Stay strong :)

Hope the rest of you 170s ladies have a great weekend!!

Streudel
04-29-2011, 08:16 PM
Happy Friday Ladies!

LitChick: Way to go on your choices at the charity event! :D

Northen Exposure: I'm glad to hear the scale was kind to you! :D

Emme: Great job on your half pound loss! :D

I started off the week at 179 and finished up at 176.5. I am beyond thrilled because this weight is a new low for me. I sure hope this means my 5 month plateau is done. :carrot:

Emme
04-29-2011, 10:12 PM
I started off the week at 179 and finished up at 176.5. I am beyond thrilled because this weight is a new low for me. I sure hope this means my 5 month plateau is done. :carrot:

:cheer::carrot::cheer::carrot::cheer: WOW, Streudel, that is an awesome loss!! Good for you!! (Sorry, got carried away with the dancing thingys...I'm just super excited for you!)

NorthernExposure
04-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Great job, Streudel! That is a terrific loss, not to mention how great you have to feel about breaking that plateau!! What a deserved and long-awaited "woosh!" Way to go!!

LitChick
04-30-2011, 12:56 PM
Awesome job, streudel! :woohoo:

I'm still up - but still eating more and moving less than I should so I have no right to complain. I really need to get a handle on this and get back in control before I undo too much of my hard work. :(

Emme, I am getting ready to ride my first century bike ride next month, which is 100 miles and then two triathlons in June. (one sprint, one international distance but I'm only doing the bike portion for that one) I try to bike, run and swim at least a couple times a week each.

Emme
05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
I am getting ready to ride my first century bike ride next month, which is 100 miles and then two triathlons in June. (one sprint, one international distance but I'm only doing the bike portion for that one) I try to bike, run and swim at least a couple times a week each.

Holy moly, that sounds intense!! LOL!! Good for you! Triathlons sound really cool. I know what you mean about eating more and moving less...I've been guilty of that for about 3 weeks. The later part of last week and this weekend I really buckled down because I knew if I didn't, I would slowly creep up. I know you can do it! :)

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday! I went on a walk with my dog today and it was frustrating!! He pulls, so we got a trainer and he gave us a collar to use (which I've used for about 6 weeks now) -- he's much better, but today he was lunging at other dogs behind a fence and practically choked himself to death. Then I got frustrated, was pulling him around on his leash, and it just didn't go the way I wanted. Which led me to want to eat everything in sight. But, I didn't. Which was hard.

NorthernExposure
05-02-2011, 07:25 PM
Happy Monday, ladies!

LitChick: you go, girl! You must be in amazing shape!

Emme: darn dogs...they make you so mad sometimes, but it's almost impossible to STAY mad at them. I think they'd be extinct by now if they weren't so darn cute!!

I did OK this weekend, not great, but nowhere NEAR how poorly I did over Easter weekend, lol. Today I'm doing well with my calories and am going to get on the elliptical when I get off here. TOM is winding down, so I'm hoping to lose that bloaty feeling soon. Of course my high sodium meal tonigt isn't helping matters any! Better get on the water...

Emme
05-02-2011, 07:55 PM
Hey, Northern! It's difficult on the weekends, isn't it? Those are my weak times. Ugh, my TOM is winding down, too. Can't wait until I am back to normal. We really are weight-loss twins. It's scary sometimes. ;)

thaisccs
05-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I think I may be joining in here by the end of the week! I've been 179.5lb since yesterday (confirmed today)! :)

Emme
05-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Thaisccs!!!!! Congrats!! You made it, girl! It's good to see your (skinny) face! :)

NorthernExposure
05-03-2011, 02:05 PM
Thaisccs: Yay! So glad you'll be joining us!!

Emme: yes, it is scary! But in a good way :)

I did OK yesterday, but did too much munching on the bag of dark chocolate chex mix I had leftover from Easter. That stuff is so evil!! If you can stick with one portion, it's not soo bad (140 cals for 1/2 cup, if I remember right), but it just keeps calling you back and back for more! I can't buy anymore of that stuff when this bag is gone.

skye8080
05-03-2011, 04:23 PM
177.. Today I cant wait to get out of the 170s. I did pretty bad today, no breakfast and had pizza lunch for lunch.

Emme
05-03-2011, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the thread, Skye! You are almost at the halfway point of the 170s...good for you! I think we all have our "bad" days. I always say that every day is a new day to start over and start fresh. Try to do well for the rest of the day and just start up again tomorrow. :)

NorthernExposure
05-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Welcome, Skye!

Emme
05-04-2011, 10:20 AM
I can't believe it is Wednesday already...hope everyone has a great OP day!

NorthernExposure
05-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Having a hard time staying OP this week. Haven't done anything crazy, but I'm starting to get sloppy with my calorie counting and am not giving 100% to my workouts. "Good enough" has been good enough this week. I don't know what my problem is...but I really need a good kick in the butt!

Not feeling too optimistic about WI tomorrow <sigh.> Hope you guys are doing better than I am!

novelistabac
05-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi Girls!!! Glad to see you ALL here!!!!

I can finally move on in!! 179.6 this morning. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emme
05-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Having a hard time staying OP this week. Haven't done anything crazy, but I'm starting to get sloppy with my calorie counting and am not giving 100% to my workouts. "Good enough" has been good enough this week. I don't know what my problem is...but I really need a good kick in the butt!

Not feeling too optimistic about WI tomorrow <sigh.> Hope you guys are doing better than I am!

Northern ~ Maybe you just needed a little breather from strict calorie counting. Just start fresh today or tomorrow!

Hi Girls!!! Glad to see you ALL here!!!!

I can finally move on in!! 179.6 this morning. Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novelista ~ Welcome to the 170s thread! I'm so glad you made it! :cheer:

NorthernExposure
05-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Thanks, Emme. I was hoping to stay strict through the end of the month and give myself a bit of a break this summer (I have summers off), but apparently part of my brain thinks its already on vacation! I really want to get to my 100 lbs lost goal, then I feel like I would *deserve* a bit of a maintenance break. Oh, why do we sabatoge ourselves?? I have a feeling I will be in this thread for a looooong time.

Welcome to the 170's Novelista!

thaisccs
05-05-2011, 07:02 PM
178.8lb! So... yay! :)

Emme
05-06-2011, 09:07 AM
My WI was this morning and I'm 177.0, so I'm down 2.2 from last Friday. I dropped my calories slightly this past week and tried hard to bump up my exercise a little. My goal for this weekend is to stay OP and focus!

I hope everyone has a great Friday. Good job, thaisccs!

NorthernExposure
05-06-2011, 10:50 AM
My WI went much better than expected! I'm at 177.9, down 1.1 since last Friday. Being that I haven't been doing all that great lately (not terrible, but not great), I am definitely happy with this loss!

Thaisccs: congrats! So happy to see you're moving along again. I remember how frustrated you were when you got stuck in the 180's for a while. Here's hoping for smooth sailing all the way to the 160's!

Emme: 2.2!! That's amazing!! way to go, girl!

DH and I leaving for our first camping trip of the year this afternoon...I'm so excited! Hope you ladies have a great weekend :)

novelistabac
05-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Good Job Everyone!!

Holding steady at 179.6, but glad to be over the 180s hump!!

Have a good weekend!

Emme
05-06-2011, 12:20 PM
Northern ~ Congrats on your loss, and have fun camping!

Novelista ~ Yes, you are over that 180s hump...good for you!

thaisccs
05-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Thanks, Emme!!

Yeah, Northern, I'm so happy to see the numbers moving down but I still don't trust it a lot! I keep expecting to see some number in the 180s flash at me again! lol

And it's wonderful to see everyone making progress here!! Good job!

Emme
05-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Happy Monday, 170s beauties! I hope you all have a great start to the week. I stayed OP for the weekend which was good, but it was difficult at points. When I am tired, I tend to cave into food. We went to our favorite ice cream place yesterday, but I didn't get anything because I had some Skinny Cow ice cream cups at home and knew I could dig into one of those. So, while it was hard, I just had to make an adjustment.

I hope you all had a great weekend ~ here's to a healthy week! :)

novelistabac
05-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi Everyone! Hope all you ladies had a great weekend!

178.2 now so moving down...yippee!!

NorthernExposure
05-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Happy Monday, ladies!

Our camping trip was fun, so nice to get back into the "great outdoors" again! I didn't count calories this weekend and I probably consumed more than usual, but I was also more active than usual, so I think it probably balanced out. Having an OP day so far. Hope the rest of the week follows suit!

Emme
05-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Northern ~ I'm glad you had a fun time camping! I'm sure everything balanced out.

Emme
05-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Happy Hump Day...we are almost to Friday! :) Hope everyone is having a good week so far. I have been super hungry this week...not sure why...I did drop my calories about a week ago, so maybe that's it.

NorthernExposure
05-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Hi Emme. Sounds like you're doing a good job battlnig the hungries! I'm still doing OK this week...not great but not terrible. Hoping I see a loss Friday, but won't be shocked if I don't.

Emme
05-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Hi ladies ~ my WI is tomorrow and I don't think I am going to have a loss. I gain weight when I ovulate and today I was up a pound from yesterday, so that leads me to believe that I'm not really going anywhere. That's ok, though, because I know I haven't gained fat...just water...blech!! We'll see what tomorrow brings ~ I hope you are all doing well!

novelistabac
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Ladies!

I'm down to 177 today...feeling solidly implanted in the 170s. My work trip to California for a week starts next Wednesday and then when I come back I'm going to Virginia to visit my family for Memorial Day. I'm very VERY worried about sticking to plan for all that time away from home...12 days!!!

thaisccs
05-12-2011, 03:28 PM
177.7 lb! <3
But my weigh in isn't until sunday! keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Emme
05-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Novelista ~ Good for your 177! I'm sure you will do great over those 12 days...you'll be running around doing different things and I'm sure anything you eat will be burned off in no time!

Thaisccs ~ Yay for the 177, too! See, you are really getting down there! :) That's awesome that you still have two full days before your WI!

Emme
05-13-2011, 09:10 AM
Welcome, Ximena!

Today was my WI and I'm at 177.2 which is up 0.2 from last week. I did see 176.2 throughout the week, but I am ovulating which always kicks up the water weight for me. I am not disappointed, though, because I lost over 2 pounds last week which I usually don't do. Wish me luck this weekend ~ it's party time b/c of my birthday, so I need to stay focused! :)

novelistabac
05-13-2011, 10:30 AM
175.4 today...HOLY CRAP!! The 170s are going pretty fast for me.

HOPE THIS STICKS!!

Keep up the good work ladies! Thanks Emme I really want to stick to my plan while I'm travelling :)

NorthernExposure
05-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Bad WI for me today. UP 1.3 lbs?! WTF! I know I haven't been doing all that great lately, but I really didn't expect THAT. I'm not near TOM and I didn't eat anything particularly sodium laden yesterday...so I really don't know what's going on. Ugh. I hope it's just a weird fluctuation or something. I will probably sneak a peek in a day or two and see if things haven't "settled down." I'm not moving my ticker yet.

Novelista: congrats!! You're doing great.

Emme
05-13-2011, 11:15 AM
Novelista ~ That's awesome!! Take it and run with it, girl! :)

Northern ~ I hate those kind of weigh-ins...they are such a pain in the @$$. Just stick with it and be patient!

Emme
05-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Ximena ~ It's ok to lose weight slowly...that's how it's supposed to happen! Just have patience and stick with it. Even if you lose 1/2 pound every week, that's still a loss and not a gain! A quote I like to follow is: A year from now, you will look back and be glad that you didn't give up today. Time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well do something with it! :)

skye8080
05-16-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm finding it so hard to get out of 170s. I'm 173 right now. I think I gained this week. Today was my cheat day and weigh ins are Monday morning. Uggh. I want to get out.

Emme
05-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Oh, my girls...please say some major weight-loss prayers for me this week. My birthday weekend was fun and I ate way, way too much bad food. I planned on it, so I don't feel badly about it, but this morning I was up to 179.2. Blech!! Say some water-retention-banishing, fat-blasting, no-good-extra-poundage-dumping prayers for me before my WI this Friday! :) If it's a gain, then so be it, but I'm really hoping to at least be back to 177!

NorthernExposure
05-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I'm here...just been feeling kind of bummed about my gain and my inability (or unwillingness) to really get my butt in gear lately, so kind of took a "break" from 3FC for a few days. So far, I'm off to a good start this week today. Hope I can follow through this time.

Emme: I will be saying those prayers for both of us!!

Emme
05-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Northern ~ I've done the same thing. There was a time that I took 5 or 6 days away from 3FC because I just needed to deal with stuff on my own. Don't be bummed about your gain (it was very small) and what you call your unwillingness to get your butt in gear...I honestly think that sometimes we all need to step away from everything that way we don't go crazy. Maybe you just needed time away from everything. You have done so well so far, weight-loss twin...I mean, look at you...almost 100 pounds gone. Sounds weird, doesn't it?! :)

I'm back down to 177.6 this morning so I guess my gain was water weight which I really wasn't expecting. I'm not doing as much exercise as I was last month, so I decided to drop my calories from 1600-1650 to 1500-1599 and I'm shooting to stay on the lower end. July 31st is my weight-loss goal date and with only 11 weeks left I really want to try my best.

ELBS717
05-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello everyone! I have been in the 170's since my late college career... got down to 169 last fall, but Christmas goodies took care of that. :-P Hoping I can make it out of the 170's for good!

thaisccs
05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
177lb here... but this coming thursday I'm headed to the big city and will probably stay off plan for some 5 days...
I'm hoping to at least maintain!

NorthernExposure
05-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Welcome, Ichthy!

Thaisccs: have fun on your trip! Stay active and the extra indulgences don't add up quite as much :)

Emme: Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. I had originally set my 100 lbs lost goal for Memorial Day, but I don't think that's going to happen. I'm done with work for the summer on June 3rd (knock on wood I can get everything done by then), so I'm going to shoot getting to 174 by then. At that point, I think I'm going to take a "maintenance" break until I go back to work in August. Definitely don't want to gain, but not going to worry about losing for a while. I just really need it right now.

Oh, and great job getting that water weight right back off! I'm really hoping that's all mine was. I guess I will find out Friday!

novelistabac
05-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Hi Girls!

I'm hovering around 176 right now. I'm leaving for California tomorrow and I will be back May 31st. I will post if I can, but I don't think I'll have a scale.

Say some prayers that I can stick to play while being away and don't get myself back into the 180s...EEK!!

Emme
05-18-2011, 09:50 AM
thaisccs and novelista ~ have fun on your trips! :)

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

NorthernExposure
05-20-2011, 08:42 AM
For the past couple weeks I've been bouncing between a low of 177.9 and a high of 179.9 (eek! Almost back to the 180's!). Today I'm pretty much in the middle at 178.6. I am starting TOM today though, so hopefully some of that is just bloat. Hope to see a new low next Friday. Might take a little longer than I thought to get to my 100 lbs lost goal, but I'll get there eventually! Have a great weekend, ladies!

Emme
05-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Northern ~ I'm sure a lot of it is just bloat and water retention. It will go away, and your low next Friday will be awesome!

I WI at 175.6 today and I think a lot of it was because I dropped my calories this past week since I'm not exercising as much.

NorthernExposure
05-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Emme: you're almost at 100 lbs lost...so excited for you!!

Emme
05-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Northern ~ Thanks! I WI at 174.4 this morning, but I am sick so I am not believing that number for a minute. I drop a few pounds when I'm sick, so I'll wait until my official WI next Friday before I do any celebrating.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend -- mine is going to be filled with sick naps on the couch and movies.

Emme
05-24-2011, 11:59 AM
170s ladies...where are you at, chicks?! ;) Hope you are all having a good week!

thaisccs
05-25-2011, 09:44 PM
After a week of rebelious ways, I'm up less then 2 lb, sitting at 177.5lb! This is a surprise!
So tomorrow, back on plan!

Emme
05-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi thaisccs! Good for you for only putting on 2 lbs! It might even just be some water weight. :)

NorthernExposure
05-27-2011, 08:53 AM
Hey guys!

It's the end of the school year and I've been crazy busy...Emme, you're in the mid 170's! Good for you! And Thaisccs, good job on keeping your gain to a minimum! Like Emme said, a lot might be water. (I usually wait a few days to WI after vacation to let my body "detox" a little.)

Well, I'm down 2 lbs this week from my last WI to 176.6. That includes losing a small gain I had around TOM, but I'm at a new low weight by over a lb! 97.4 lbs lost total.

Looking forward to the long weekend. Make it a good one, ladies!

Emme
05-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Northern ~ Congrats on your new low!! You are doing so great!! :) I bet you are glad it's the end of the school year!

My WI this morning was 173.0, so I am officially over the 100 pound mark! :carrot: My first instinct wants me to go out and eat like crap to celebrate, but I have to stay focused on the goal...

thaisccs
05-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Yay, Northern and Emme! You two are doing great!
Emme, congrats on losing over a 100 lbs!
And Northern, you're almost there as well! So awesome!

Yeah, some of it might be water weigh... and I'm back on plan (sort of, minor slip ups) and back to my workouts! Keeping my fingers crossed this weekend will bring good news!

FurnaceOfAchievement
05-27-2011, 03:28 PM
Congrats everyone for inching down to the precious 169 and below! I'm really pushing to get down there - its been much too long since I've seen a 16X. Sometimes I get obsessively fixated, but I know that can't be healthy. I'm trying not to get over stressed about reaching it, because of course thats when you have that inexplicable weight loss stall or gain (half of my brain blames the stress hormones, though I doubt really that that could be it). Plus that time of the month is just around the corner so I really just need to chill out. It will come, but I am not a patient person!

thaisccs
05-30-2011, 07:35 PM
175.9lb today but not doing very well...

There's this guy and I got involved and now I'm all over the place because of him... I either overeat or don't eat at all, both cases are just as bad for me... I can't believe I'm letting someone else ruin my progress!

Emme
05-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Thaisccs ~ Get back on track, girl! ;) Don't let a guy get in the way of taking care of the most important person in your life...YOU!

NorthernExposure
05-31-2011, 01:29 PM
Emme: WOO-HOO!!! 100 lbs lost, you go girl!!! You're going to be outta here in no time!

Furnace: I hear you on losing patience...hang in there though!

Thaisccs: Emme already said it, but NO man is worth putting off your progress for!

As for me: My last day of work for the school year is Friday, and I've decided I need a mental break from everything, including strict calorie counting. I am still going to do my weekly weigh-ins and I'm NOT going to go back to my old habits...but I am OK with just maintaining for a month or two right now. (Losing--at ANY rate--would be a bonus, of course!) Hopefully you guys will be out of here pretty soon anyway, but if I'm not checking in quite as often, you'll know why ;) I will pop in and say hi though, and hopefully catch up with you guys on the 160's thread one of these days :)

Emme
06-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Northern ~ Good for you for taking a mental break. I think it's important to listen to what our bodies/minds need. It will be a nice break for you to relax on the strict calorie counting -- enjoy! :)

NorthernExposure
06-01-2011, 09:10 PM
Thanks, Emme. I will see you around!

Emme
06-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Morning, all you 170s ladies! How is everyone doing? I'm in at 174.6 today...can't wait to see a 172 or a 173! :)

thaisccs
06-07-2011, 02:57 PM
I've been crying so much that I think that's where I'm losing weight: in tears.
I have not been eating my feelings, which is a huge victory , but I lack motivation to move.
I don't want to get out of bed and go to the gym. So today I'm giving myself an out. I won't got to the gym today. I'll pick it back up again tomorrow and I promise myself I'll get better.
I can't let this get to me anymore...

175lb today.

Emme
06-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I've been crying so much that I think that's where I'm losing weight: in tears.
I have not been eating my feelings, which is a huge victory , but I lack motivation to move.
I don't want to get out of bed and go to the gym. So today I'm giving myself an out. I won't got to the gym today. I'll pick it back up again tomorrow and I promise myself I'll get better.
I can't let this get to me anymore...

175lb today.

Thaisccs, what happened? :hug: Are you ok?

thaisccs
06-08-2011, 09:39 AM
Oh... I think I might be depressed... I don't know. All I do these days is cry...
I'm thinking about not going to the gym today... but I need to.
I woke up this morning and stayed in bed for one hour and half trying to convince myself to get out of bed.
I don't know... I'm letting this guy get to me and I haven't found a reason as to why he gets to me so much.
I need to shake this off.

174.4lb this morning.

Emme
06-08-2011, 10:08 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. :( Please take care of yourself -- you might feel better if you go to the gym and get your endorphins flowing. I'm sorry that this guy is getting to you so much. Are you still dating him or is it a negative relationship?

thaisccs
06-08-2011, 11:15 AM
No, I'm not dating him... we're friends but I'm pinning. We sort of fought this monday... he probably thinks I'm an idiot now. But I still want to talk to him which kind of does make an idiot, I guess.
Thanks for being here, Emme!

Blondie160
06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
177, i sooo want to be 167 and i want to be there yesterday. why is this taking soo long!

Emme
06-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Thaisccs ~ Just keep your head up, and remember to take care of you. :hug:

Blondie ~ I hear ya, girl! I've been in the 170s for a while and I am sooo ready to get outta here! You are doing great so far, though! :)

thaisccs
06-09-2011, 12:32 PM
Thanks, Emme!
I got a little better late yesterday and today so far... I might be getting back to ok!

173.9lb today!

Emme
06-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Thaisccs ~ Good, I am glad you are getting back to good. It's no fun being upset and depressed. :hug: And look at you go with the weight loss! 173.9 is awesome!! I'm right with you at 173.6...I don't know about you, but I'm getting pumped up about being at the lower end of the 170s! :)

thaisccs
06-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Ah, Emme... sorry it took me so long to get back here...
I'm doind better emotionally but a little worse with everything else. Went back up to 175lb and got super depressed about it...
My birthday is coming up and I wanted to be 172 by then... at the highest. And that's another mark I probably won't make.
But I'm trying to put me first. I wanted to make goal by the end of the year, something I know I won't be able to. I guess I just need to keep going!

Emme
06-14-2011, 10:01 AM
That's ok...just keep going!!!! We all have bad days and weight gain, but the important thing is to get back up, dust yourself off, and keep going. You can do it!

thaisccs
06-17-2011, 10:33 AM
173.7 lb today!
I'm hoping this time it'll stick with me!
I have been better lately, with the occasional relapse and tear-gate, but generally better. I'll focus on me, again!

stacygee
06-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Here I am ladies! I am hoping to be out of 170s soon. I was 171 this morning. Yesterday was my first on plan day in a long time! Thank goodness. Hopefully I can do it again today!

Emme
06-21-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi Stacy ~ You are doing great! My weight has been between 169 and 171 for a week and I am ready to get out of these 170s for good! Good luck to you!! :)

love2b150
07-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Hello ladies, I have been looking for this thread for a while. I started two but no replies so I deleted them. I have been in out of the 170's since last October. I did get into the 160 but it didn't last long and then sometimes 180. So the numbers are pretty wide spread. I lack the motivation that I had last year so it's really hard this time around. Wow and looking through it looks like you all may be leaving me soon. :) You're doing great :)

weigh in today 175.0 up .6 from yesterday

love2b150
07-05-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow no post since 6/21 are you all in a new decade already :(

Emme
07-11-2011, 05:08 PM
~Rennie~ I'm in the 160s now, so I don't post here anymore. I came in looking for Thaisccs to see if she was still around. Keep up the great work...you'll be outta the 170s in no time! :)

envelope
07-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Rennie ~ I am on the border (180.6) and will be joining you soon in the 170's.

love2b150
07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Thanks Ladies for replying :hug:

Emme :yay: for you ... Congrats :carrot: You'll be in yet another new decade soon :)

envelope, Congrats :carrot: you'll join me tomorrow :welcome: to a new decade :)

I think my body is stuck in the 170's LOL. I woke up this morning to 176.0 up .6 from yesterday (shaking my head). I have been in this decade for at least 5+ months. This is worse than a plateau :(

:crossed: hoping for great weigh-ins tomorrow

envelope
07-12-2011, 10:34 AM
I am barely over the border, but I'll claim it!!!

Rennie - Can you squeeze in some extra movement to see if that helps? Have you been doing anything different over the last few months that you were not doing before?

linJber
07-12-2011, 02:53 PM
I've been lurking and hoping to join you all very soon. I'm at 182 right now. Tomorrow is weigh-in day fro me, so I'll see if I'm any closer. Can't wait to join in and get on with the business of dealing with the 170's

Hope to see you all very soon!

Lin

love2b150
07-12-2011, 02:58 PM
envelope You go Girl :high: claim it 100% :hug: I have to say honestly what I did before was do what I was supposed to do. This year I am so laxed (lazy) it's not funny. I did have a good weigh in this morning down 1.8 to 174.2 but it's still higher than my start weight on this thread. The good thing is with the constant encouragement from everyone I did get on the treadmill today. So if I maintain some focus I just may get out of here. :D

Lin :crossed: for a great weigh in :)

JamiSue3916
07-12-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm no where near 170 but just had to give a shout out to my girl Rennie reall quick 'cause I KNOW she's not going to be on this thread much longer. ;)

:carrot: GO RENNIE, GO RENNIE!!! :carrot:

love2b150
07-12-2011, 03:31 PM
LOL Jami, my goodness if I were near you I'd give you a big :hug: Thank you so much for your confidence in me, it means a lot and I mean a lot. :hug:

linJber
07-14-2011, 08:45 AM
WI yesterday was 180.0! Hope to see you all officially next Wednesday on WI day! Everyone - have a great day and keep up the great work.

Lin

love2b150
07-14-2011, 05:26 PM
I thought I typed this already, but maybe I didn't post it humm .... can someone else delete your post?

Lin you have a ton of patience because I would be weighing myself right now to see if I'm in a new decade :) Come on over :hug:

calmeida5018
07-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi everyone! Thanks for this thread!

I started out at 196 and got myself to 173, am now hovering back up between 178 and 183 so I NEED TO BE HERE!!!! : )

I think there's a part of me that is afraid to get to goal, so I think when I saw myself so close to the 160s I panicked and have not been able to go back down since. I don't want to go back up, want to get back to working out and eating within my points (doing weight watchers online)

I have been good and honest about logging my points, but a lot of the time I am over them. I just figured if I didn't even do that I'd really be in trouble.

So I hope I can join in and together we can get through this!

Thank you!

Claudia

envelope
07-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Lin - I do not think I could wait to weigh next Wed. Sneek on the scale early to see if it surprises you!

Rennie - site Admin and such are the only ones who could delete your post, but I imagine they only do that if there is something extremely offensive, rude, against site rules, etc. I doubt your post qualified as any of the above. How has the treadmill treating you?

Claudia - Welcome, I am glad you have found us! Now hurry up and get outta here. ;)

linJber
07-15-2011, 11:00 AM
I do weigh myself almost every day but find the tiny "ups" to be very frustrating. I made a deal with myself that I won't be annoyed by them if I only let my weight on Wednesday be the one that counts. Sort of a little WW meeting in my bedroom with just me and the scale. So far, so good. I have not yet seen a week that didn't go down, though there have been days where my weight goes up. My smallest weekly loss was .6 pounds and I'm great with that. My biggest was 4.4 back near the beginning. I am managing about 1.5 to 2 pounds now. I'm sure I'll be in here next Wednesday - officially, that is. Thanks for waiting for me!

Lin

Joszac
07-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Looking forward to joining this club. I'm at 180 as of today.

Maile
07-15-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi..I want to join this club. I weigh 173 this morning..and have been going up and down a pound or two. I really want to get into the 160s. You weigh in on Wednesdays?

love2b150
07-15-2011, 02:05 PM
LOL envelope crazy me and too much in my big head probably didn't post it. :D The treadmill is being wonderful, I weighed in today at 171.6 wanna talk about shocked ... oh my goodness what a beaut :D

Claudia :welcome: together we will definitely get through this :hug:

Lin :hug: see you soon :)

Joszac see you soon :)

Maile :welcome: you weigh in whenever and as often as you want :)

envelope
07-15-2011, 02:21 PM
linJ and Joszac - We love visitors from the other side of the border...and you may as well start getting a look around since you will be here soon!

Welcome Maile! We weigh in daily, weekly, or when ever. :0)

Peaches5577
07-15-2011, 02:30 PM
Hello everyone! I am back for a much needed kick in the rump to get my bootie back in gear and back in shape! Over the last ten years I have gone from a very fit, very active healthy 145150 to a not so fit and not as active unhealthy 185, then last year when I realized this I started moving a bunch more and watching what I ate. Got down to 165ish and plateaued for what seemed like forever. Then I went off of the birth control that I had been on for years, thought I should lose some lbs for that in itself and instead gained ten pounds in less than a month. So now I am hovering at 175-176 and have GOT to get rid of this! I want to be around the 150 mark again.
So....here I am!

love2b150
07-15-2011, 07:22 PM
:welcome: Peaches :) My low was 165 I think I got overly excited and went back up to 180 so I understand . But I am working it out now, you/we can do this :)

Maile
07-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Good morning. Well at 5 am I weighed 173..but at 7 I weighed 172. I'll take the 7 o'clock weight!
Does anyone have this problem? My dear husband who has been very supportive, made his famous asian flanks steak last night, I told him I was not going to have any as the marinade had sugar. He then proceeded to tell me that the sugar was dispersed and would not amount to anything.
The question is why do people feel the need for you to share their food? It must be some way of feeling closer if you eat the same thing? I have a good friend who also loves to order the same thing and then split it.
Any ideas? Anyway..it will always be there as people always seem to urge food on you.

linJber
07-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Maile - everyone weighs in on whatever day they want - I happen to weigh in on Wednesday. You must have read my post. Since I only acknowledge what I weigh on Wednesday, I can't (in my mind) join in here until my weight is below 180 on an official weigh in day. That's just me. I'm stuck at 180.0 - 180.2 anyway!

Lin

Maile
07-19-2011, 09:53 AM
Hi Ladies..I am excited. I weighed 170. I am on the edge. However, I have just started a 5 day trip to Seattle. I am hoping to keep the 170...Hope everyone has a good week.

Peaches5577
07-19-2011, 11:56 AM
love2b150....thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I am definitely serious about getting back down to the 160's and am determined to get to 150 again. Anything below that is a godsend.

Maile.....yes! I too have that same problem. Not only does my bf cook the tastiest food (half the reason my weight has been a problem) but he also has no worry for healthy food or ingredients. He is the one that cooks most of the time, and I have a real hard time eating right like this. We have gotten to the point where we will cook meals together but seperate things. It actually works ok. What drives me nuts is that then I make sure to have leftovers for me for lunches, etc the next day or two but come home and he has eaten them!

envelope
07-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Maile - You are on the border! Have fun on your trip.

Rennie - How are you doing?

Peaches - My husband eats my leftovers too!

I am at 177.4

linJber
07-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Officially 178.0 today! Can I join you now? LOL Hope everyone has a great day.

Lin

love2b150
07-20-2011, 11:28 AM
love2b150....thank you so much for the words of encouragement. I am definitely serious about getting back down to the 160's and am determined to get to 150 again. Anything below that is a godsend.

Maile.....yes! I too have that same problem. Not only does my bf cook the tastiest food (half the reason my weight has been a problem) but he also has no worry for healthy food or ingredients. He is the one that cooks most of the time, and I have a real hard time eating right like this. We have gotten to the point where we will cook meals together but seperate things. It actually works ok. What drives me nuts is that then I make sure to have leftovers for me for lunches, etc the next day or two but come home and he has eaten them!

Peaches, I am with you all the way. I can't remember seeing 150 ever on the scale I just know I went past it :D. and yes my doctors ideal weight for me of 136 will definitely be a godsend.

envelope thanks for asking I'm doing. ;) I don't think what I'm doing is gonna get me any where close to any kind of goal. I keep going back and forth between the same numbers. The only good thing is so far I haven't gone higher than 174.2 since 7/12 :)

My husband won't eat anything that I don't put on his plate (he won't go back and look for leftovers). My cousin and her husband were over two weeks ago and they were shocked to find out that if I don't fix his plate he would never eat a vegetable (shaking my head) so he doesn't touch anything in the fridge other than his soda and jelly to make himself a pb&j, he's a snacky junk food person :)

Lin come on in the waters fine, glad you're here :)

today I am at 172.2 ... yesterday was 171.4 so the zero has gone into hiding :lol:

calmeida5018
07-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone!

Have had my daughters over here visiting from NY (I'm in Asheville, NC) and have the feeling I will be a few lbs heavier...One daughter leaves Friday and the other Wednesday, so I am planning on starting my work outs and getting back on track right then.

In the meantime I am trying with not much success to keep from losing it completely, but it's hard...

I will keep on coming to visit so I don't lose all my grip!

Take care,

Claudia

envelope
07-20-2011, 12:16 PM
LinJ glad you are officially joining us!

I am so ready to get some serious downward motion. I am at my monthly mini stall, but I know that it will be followed by a woosh. Isn't is strange how are cycle effects us all differently. Each lb I lose makes jogging that much easier, and each week jogging brings the scale lower...this is one cycle I am LOVING.

love2b150
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM
Claudia please don't lose your grip totally. You can do it and just think when your daughters leave you can get back into the swing of things :hug: Check in often :)

envelope I'm still wanting to jog (I have tried a couple of times on the treadmill). I don't remember if you recall me talking about it last year or not, I'm still procrastinating :D Glad you've found what works for you ... I'll get there :D

thaisccs
07-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Hey new ladies!
I'm still around here, in the 170s but hopefully out soon enough. I'm 171 still and trying to handle my emotional issues. Things are lookin up I think, even if my weight hasn't changed much.

I have been good with the gym but not so good with food. I've been stress baking (In the past two weeks, I've baked cookies twice, an apple pie this past sunday and will bake a cake this friday). Right now, this is the best I can offer without putting more stress on me so I'll be stuck on this weight for a while.

Also, Emme, thanks for checking up on me! :)

Emme
07-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey new ladies!
I'm still around here, in the 170s but hopefully out soon enough. I'm 171 still and trying to handle my emotional issues. Things are lookin up I think, even if my weight hasn't changed much.

I have been good with the gym but not so good with food. I've been stress baking (In the past two weeks, I've baked cookies twice, an apple pie this past sunday and will bake a cake this friday). Right now, this is the best I can offer without putting more stress on me so I'll be stuck on this weight for a while.

Also, Emme, thanks for checking up on me! :)

You're welcome, sunshine! :) I stress bake, too. Just do what you do and don't stress about stressing!

linJber
07-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Thank goodness I DON'T stress bake! LOL I'd never lose a pound, because if the stuff is in the house, I'll eat it. Well, I can usually pass on cake. Maybe not yellow cake with chocolate frosting, though. Oh, darn. I better just admit I'd eat any cake if it was in the house! Again, thank goodness I don't stress bake!

Lin

envelope
07-21-2011, 07:02 AM
I am with you Lin! My kids would love it though.

love2b150
07-21-2011, 01:12 PM
I can usually settle for slicing off a really thin piece of box cake, but homemade is my true weakness. My Mom comes over and the kids convince her to make a banana pudding from scratch and I just love the pudding that sticks to the pot when she's done. I'm a little kids all over again. Can't resist homemade goodies :D

Be strong thaisccs :hug:

weigh in for me was 171.4 this morning but it was 172.2 yesterday and 171.4 on Tuesday so I plan on being here ... not going anywhere, my body likes the 170's :D

envelope
07-22-2011, 10:16 AM
176.4 Now that the scale is moving, I think I might make to 175 before the weekend is over. It still 'owes' me a few lbs.

thaisccs
07-22-2011, 10:44 AM
I made up my mind that today's cake is the last stress baking I'm going to do (at least it's strawberries and yogurt?).
I'm going to go back to calorie counting, now that my endocrinologist has taken the rest of the year off (probably). I need to control myself again! Seeing results was making me so happy so I'm not ready to give it up!
Thanks for the support! :D

Rennie, I think my body is fond of the 170s too!
Lin and envelope, you are lucky! Cause stress baking is sooooo good but so bad!

calmeida5018
07-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Back to 182 with daughter's visits from NY - will focus more after Wednesday. Goal is not to go above that. .. frustrating to see 180's again. But hopefully I'll get back soon.

linJber
07-22-2011, 11:25 PM
Thiasccs - Good for you to be getting back on plan. I went back to the beginning of this thread to kind of get to know everyone. I'm glad it seems like you have a handle on things again.

Envelope - I've been following you down the decades, mostly lurking, but feel like we're moving at a similar pace. You're a few pounds ahead of me - I hope I can continue to keep up. What part of PA are you in? If you don't mind telling.

Rennie - it looks like you'll be leaving soon - so sorry and so happy to see you go!

Claudia - Just enjoy the daughters and pick it up when they're gone. I'm the reverse of you - sort of. I'm in PA and DD is in NC. I just try to enjoy myself when she's here.

Peaches - let's move down through this decade quickly and put it behind us forever! As for the "disappearing leftovers" - have you tried eating bites out of what you save for your lunch and putting it away half eaten? Or won't that stop him? LOL

All of you who have the good fortune of someone else cooking for them - I can see the good and bad side of that! Living alone has a lot of advantages when dieting - I don't have to have junk in the house for anyone else. Though, I should have been able to do this when DD still lived at home - she cooks, she is thin and fit and eats in a very healthy manner. Actually, so did (do) I. I just also gave in to the junk. She doesn't. Me - not so much any more.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Lin

envelope
07-23-2011, 06:23 AM
175.4 I new it was coming, but it feels good to see it.

thaisccs - I wonder if trying to come up with something like healthy delicious smoothies might have the same calming effect for you? It might be worth a try. The kids and I have fun coming up with and tweaking our own favorite varieties.

LinJ I am from SW PA, so just (a few 100 miles) down south from ya!

Rennie - Just keep at it, and your body will have to cave and let you move to the 160s.

Calmeida - Maybe you can get your daughters to go on a nice walk with you, that way you still get to spend time with them and you get some movement in? You will be back in the 170s soon.

Maile
07-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Good morning.. I have just returned from a 5 day fishing trip. To my great joy I am in the 60s. I was i 70 before I left. Today I am 167. Hooray. It must have been eating all of that yummy fresh crab, halibut and salmon.
The only thing I had to battle was my husband..who would keep saying, why don't you eat crab cakes or have a crab omelette? You are on vacation.Yes I was on vacation, but I still need to lose weight. The truth is that you will always run into celebrations, vacations, functions that people will urge you to eat whatever you want. I can't do that if I am going to lose 30 pounds!
Have a good day everyone.

love2b150
07-23-2011, 03:55 PM
thaisccs that's putting things into perspective, you can do it :hug:

Claudia stomp on that 2lbs and come back here :hug: I'm sure it'll be gone in no time :)

Thanks Lin unfortunately I keep screwing up today I am at 174 :(

Thanks envelope I'm trying :)

Maile :congrat: on moving into the new decade :high: and while on vacation YOU GO GIRL :)

linJber
07-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Maile - fantastic job! Keep up the downward movement!

Lin

caramelkitty
07-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Hiiii 170s!!!!! I finally made it here!!! :) well at 179.5 but hey! I refuse to step back in the 180s! Never.Again! :) only 29 more to go and I'm done!!! Well once I get there I'll see if I wanna lose more soooo... I'm excited! :) good job on the losses and keep up the great work! ;)

love2b150
07-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Hi caramel :welcome:

Maile
07-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I am trying my hardest to stay in the 60s.

Congratulations to all on your losses.

Carmel Kitty..great job on reaching the 70s..I like your never again attitude!

thaisccs
07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Lin: Thanks! It's been a struggle but I think I'm on the right track! :)

envelope: I really like your suggestion and I think I'm going to give it a shot! I love smoothies and I can get creative with it! :)

Rennie: :hug:

Welcome Caramel! And good job, Maile!

Ok, I'm back on track as of today. Calorie counter on iPod, gym routine is a go... maybe I should talk to someone about my gym routine to see if it's good for weight loss... Anyway, I'm going to try and make daily posts about how things are going and to try to curb certain tendencies. I'm 173 this morning.

Maile
07-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Thaisccs ..I was at the gym today also. Hope it helps both of us!

linJber
07-26-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm off to Cleveland with 6 friends to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for the day. I'm down to 177 this AM, which is 75 pounds lost - but not official until tomorrow - Wednesday is WI day. I better not blow it on the trip! I want to change my ticker tomorrow! Have a great day, everyone.

Lin

Maile
07-26-2011, 11:08 AM
Happy Tuesday everyone. I see that entering the 60s is going to be a struggle. I am in the down a pound up to 170 and down again. I am going to try really hard today to make the weight down in the 60s.

thaisccs
07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
So... I tracked my calories yesterday with MyFitnessPal on iPod. I programmed a 1300 calorie day and ended up 605 calories SHORT. I mean, I consumed about 1100 calories, but worked out about 400 calories. Is this why I don't lose weight? It's kind of frustrating suspecting that behaving is making my progress stall.

envelope
07-26-2011, 12:52 PM
thaisics - I never count back calories burned from exercise.

LinJ - Hope you have fun and are able to avoid munching on all that snack food!

I did not get enough sleep last night...and the scale was up today. Booooo!

thaisccs
07-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Envelope, I'm extremely confused about this whole calorie counting thing. Livestrong estimates I should consume 1095 calories and it's not taking the exercise into account... I always heard I should not go lower than 1200 calories/day so I'm even more confused now!

envelope
07-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Thaisccs - I am not familiar with the live strong calculator, but I just put in your info (estimated your age) in the free dieting calorie calculator and it has your maintenance calorie estimate at 1741 for someone who does little to no exercise and has a desk job.

I choose the calorie range (I calorie cycle but average 1500 cals a day) I eat at for 2 reasons. The 1st was a range that I could comfortably eat at and not feel like I was hungry if I am making healthy choices. The 2nd I calculate the cals I would need to eat at to mantain at my goal weight.

calmeida5018
07-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Thais - (are you brazilian? I'm from Rio : )

Up until a week ago I was on WW following a certain amount of points which I think were between 1200-1400 cals a day. I have since been reading more about fitness, exercise and nutrition and the books I have read all talk about the need to eat more calories if you want to lose fat and build muscle, the minimum being around 1500 calories on low work out days to 1800-2000 on work out days. The depletion of calories do not allow for the fat to burn and muscle to build, and although you may lose weight for a while you do not build enough muscle to maintain the loss (bc it increases your metabolism)

So I have increased my calories this week and made some nutritional changes and am adding more of a weight lifting routine to my work outs rather than increasing cardio. Too early to tell but I'm interested in seeing how that works out.

We'll see : )

Claudia

thaisccs
07-26-2011, 09:59 PM
Envelope - The thing I'm struggling with is... it's difficult to up my intake. I don't really eat that much these days. I eat six times a day (three meals and three snacks) but even then, I'm still not hungry. It's either this or the binge days I was having.

I used the calculator in free dieting, but maybe I did it wrong? I work out six times a week and I'm 26. It doesn't give me 6 times a week as an option, so I used 5 times a week. I'm getting maintenance at 2157 calories a day? I think I'm going to try and stay at 1300-1500 calories, depending on the hunger of said day. Thanks for the site indication! ;)

calmeida - Yes, I'm Brazilian! I'm in Minas Gerais! :D This is so cool!

I think I'm going to start working with 1500 calories a day. I have two different routines: on mondays, wednesdays and fridays, I do just cardio (30-40 minutes); on tuesdays, thursdays and fridays, I do 20/30 minutes on the treadmill and a weight circuit.

So far, I'm up to 1135 calories and I still haven't eaten dinner so I think I'll be a little over my 1300 cal limit.

linJber
07-26-2011, 10:56 PM
Had a great time in Cleveland with my friends at the Rock Hall. Snacks weren't too hard to resist until someone ordered spinach and artichoke dip to share. It was to die for, but I only had a little - I just used the small broken tortilla chips (because I understand that if they're broken it allows the calories to fall out. . .)

Off to bed and hoping for a good WI in the AM.

Lin

love2b150
07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Lin what does that mean the calories fall out? I love spinach and artichoke dip I've even made it here and eat it like crazy so anything will help to make it less heavy :D Lin glad you had a great time :)

Ladies I think I will be in the 170's forever. I weighed in at 174.4 this morning and though I know it was the snacking last night (not sure where it all of a sudden came from) I am getting a tad annoyed with it. Just had to say that :hug: to all.

Maile
07-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Love2b150- It does seem like the 170s are particularly slow to get through.Hope your day goes well today.

Thaisiccs: You might go to Sparkpeople.com..They have a calorie/fitness calculator..plus lots of ideas of losing weight.. I think your idea of 1300-500 is a good one,

Linjber..My family is currently addicted to the Costco artichoke/spinach dip. I try to stay away from it as it tastes too good. Good for you staying on during your trip.

I went to the dr today who was pleased that I have lost weight..Of course I weighed 170 at the Drs..At least I was 169 in the morning!

Travel Gal
07-27-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm with you! I started my diet weighing 184 lbs, then last week I was down to 178.25 and today I reached 173!

Good luck to everyone working their way out of the 170s! I don't know about you but I am finally being able to actually see and feel a difference after losing only 11 lbs which is making me super motivated!

TG

linJber
07-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Rennie - sorry to give you false hope - my one friend always says to eat the broken cookie, chips, etc., because when they break it lets the calories fall out! LOL. SOOO sorry I mislead you!

Lin

calmeida5018
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
Thais - I wanted to pm you so we don't get into a whole Brazil conversation here - how do we do that? I want to send you my email (do you speak portuguese? Hope so : )

calmeida5018
07-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi everyone! Daughter left today, went to the foot doctor, had another anti-inflammatory shot and laser treatment. Work next 3 days from 3p-3a in the ER. Not looking forward to that. I'll be in touch regularly starting Sunday. Until then, have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend!!!

JoLoMN
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone. I just made it into the 170's today! It feels great! I've had 3 really slow weeks and I didn't think I'd ever get here! I'm hoping to really focus next month and see if I can't hit the 16x's by Labor Day!

Good luck to all; Let's do this together!

Christen
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
Hey hey hey...I am at 169 as of 2 days ago...woot!:carrot: :trampo:

envelope
07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
thaisics - I personally just put in that I have a desk job...I have a personal issue with eating back cals. I busted my butt-er to burn. I can talk myself out of eating most sweets by figuring how much time it would take to burn them off, but if I was eating those cals back then I would just be like, what the heck I am eating them back anyways. If it is my biggest issue, I can handle it. :) I also eat 5 or 6 times a day. Some times stretching the snacks out for over an hour. 100 cals here, 100 cals there etc.

Welcome Travel Gal!

LinJ - LOL, I love it!!! My 6 year olds do not want broken pretzels, graham crackers, etc. Atleast if they are broken, they are atleast a little bit smaller, plus you can not get as much dip on them!

Welcome JoLoMN!

Calmedia - I hope your foot is feeling better! You have a tough schedule for the next few days.

Maile - I always weigh at home with my clothes on right before heading to the Dr.s that way I can check to see if our scales are similar. Silly, huh?

Christen - CONGRATULATIONS on 169!!! I hope to join you in the 160s soon.

Was very happy with the scale today. Even better though, I had the 2nd compliment on how much different I am looking in the last 2 days today!

thaisccs
07-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Claudia, I don't think your private messages are working yet. I don't know how long it takes for that to start... :( But I do speak portuguese and I look forward to talking to you!

I'm frustrated. I'm not losing anything, not a gram.
I know this is probably my birth control induced retaining period but this is making me sad to the point I actually want to quit this.
I won't quit, probably. But I have been looking into thermogenics. I have never considered any form of supplementation for my weightloss because I wanted to do it naturally. It's not working anymore. :cry:

Maile
07-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, I had a flu attack and did not eat anything for a day..water and tea! So you would think that at least I would lose a pound for this suffering. Nothing..exactly the same.
I am back to working on going through the 60s today. Going to exercise and meet a friend for lunch.

Envelope..I do the same thing, I weigh myself before going to the dr to check my scale. I also am in a boot camp and weigh myself at the Y. None of the scales exactly match! However, I will say that my new scale from Amazon is the best scale I have gotten.

Christen..Wonderful news on the 169 and entering the 60s.

Thaisiccs..I do not know what thermogenics is..but I know how frustrating it is to stay on a healthy eating plan and not see a loss. I Hope today goes better for you.
Jolomn: nice to be in the 170s, especially after a 3 week slow down.

Clameida: That sounds like a hard shift until 3am. Hope you can get caught up on sleep.

envelope
07-30-2011, 06:34 AM
172 this morning. I have my long jog this morning and a late night tonight, so I am not sure what the morning will bring.

Thais - Just keep going! Your scale will eventually catch up with your real progress.

Maile - Ughhhh! I hope you feel better.

Maile
07-30-2011, 09:55 AM
167 this morning.2 down..Now stay down pounds!

Envelope..Thanks..I am feeling better. Ready to hit the eliptical and nautilus.
The jog should help you. Good luck on a long night of work.

It is hot hot hot here. Went out for Mexican food and had a chicken tostada..seemed like a safe choice.

Getting ready for returning to work on Monday. Cooking ahead.

thaisccs
08-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I'm losing it here... not weight, my mind. My weight is going up.
OK, I misbehaved yesterday, I'll admit. But I haven't any other day. Ugh, this is useless. Maybe I should just give it up and try maintaining for some time.

calmeida5018
08-01-2011, 04:23 PM
So much for doing it the "easy" way. Foot got worse, had to go on FMLA and starting short term disability which only pays 60% and have foot surgery. So there go my aerobic goals. I want to try and do upper body weights and maybe some yoga. Surgery won't happen until the end of August and recover is over 8-10 weeks. THIS SUCKS (sorry) not to mention I am not looking forward to not walking, to pain (a LOT easier being on the other side of treatment - I CARE for others, tough to be cared for...) and out of all things, I hate ortho injuries/surgeries. I can see people's internal organs on the floor, but hate an open fracture and now here I am having my foot cut into..

Have been eating within my calories although my goal to not have any sugar is not going 100%. Think it's PMS time. But I am having low fat ice cream and only 1/2 cup. Drinking lots of water.

Thais - let me know when you can pm me it'll be great to speak portuguese again! a gente pode se ajudar! : ) Don't quit!!!

I have to say I am frustrated with all this - a friend of mine did the lap band in April and already lost 64lbs!!!! She has been exercising, but I can't imagine losing that much! I'd be thrilled! BUT her stomach only holds 6 oz and that's all she can have at a time... Not sure I would want that. Have you guys ever considered surgical intervention? It's not an option for me at this time since I am now having this surgery so can't be out of work so long, but it sure is tempting.

Sorry for the vent.

Frustratedly yours,

Claudia

Maile
08-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Claudia..Sorry to hear that you have to have foot surgery..but you are being wise eating well before it. I have a friend who lost lots of weight with the lap band. She did go thru a year with some stomach problems afterward..but did lose 100 pounds. However as time goes on she has gained part of the weight back. It seems to have helped people. You might check on this site and see if there is a support group for lap band surgery and see what they say.

calmeida5018
08-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Thank you for your support and caring words.

I would much prefer to do it without having to do surgery. To do it with with my mental modification and exercise, not having to rely on something that would make me vomit if I wanted to eat more. It's just so tempting when you hear someone say they lost 64 lbs 3-4 months... : )

Maile
08-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Yes, that is why I chose not to do it also. It is healthier to do it ourselves...but the process is slow. I hope you have a good day today.

envelope
08-03-2011, 11:26 AM
172.4 - My body is clinging to the 172's, I am sure it will let go soon.

160's here we come!!!

caramelkitty
08-04-2011, 09:17 AM
170.5 as of this morning
I may not be here much longer lol

Maile
08-04-2011, 09:22 AM
Good for you Carmelkitty. I hope you break into the 60s soon.. Then we can start a thread called getting out of the 60s. I have been staying at 167 for days and want the scale to move.

thaisccs
08-04-2011, 09:51 AM
I'm 171 again... Let's see how long this sticks... *moody*

Peaches5577
08-04-2011, 11:12 AM
CaramelKitty - AWESOME! We will miss you, but hopefully be joining you soon!

thaisccs - I am sure the "whoosh fairy" will hit you soon and you will be in the 160's before you know it!

linJber
08-04-2011, 11:41 PM
It's been a while since I posted in here. I am stuck at 176 for the last week. This is the first time since January that I didn't lose anything from WI to WI. Hope that whoosh fairy decides to visit soon, though I did have a big one at the beginning of July.

I'm going to add my thoughts on weight loss surgery.

Claudia - I'm really sorry to hear you need surgery on your foot. I am not a nurse and NEVER want to see someone's internal organs on the floor! But I know what you mean about needing to have someone care for you. I had a small cyst removed from my back in June and needed just a tiny bit of help for a couple days dealing with the band-aid because I couldn't reach it. I hate to ask for help, so I can feel for you on this one. I hope it all goes well and you really are back on your feet in no time afterward.

Now about weight loss surgery. I know there are lots of people who do well with it and maintain the loss. But in my personal experience, no one I know (even 2nd or 3rd hand) has kept the weight off any better than someone who loses without surgery. To me, losing without surgery seems logical. The instant gratification of the rapid loss wears off quickly. I'm astounded that I lost 70 pounds in exactly 6 months. Not a quick as someone with surgery, but not too slow, either. Surgery is a great tool for weight loss, but I don't think it has any effect on maintaining the loss. If you could be sure keeping it off, then my opinion would be different. We are in a life time process here. If we can't change what got us fat in the first place, we're going to get fat again. "Dieting" (I hate that word) gives us time to actually realize what's going on and set a new pattern. This new way of eating should become the norm. Just my opinion, but I never even considered surgery. (Re-read the part about hating to ask for help . . . )

Lin

envelope
08-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Congrats CarmelKitty!

I hope the scale starts/keeps moving for you all. I was thrilled to see 171 on the scale this moring.

Maile
08-05-2011, 11:08 AM
Congratulations to all of you who are moving downwards!!!!!

I finally moved down a pound after days of staying the same. 166 today. This is work. I already did my cross trainer this am and am ready to pay bills. I am going out to lunch with friends and hopefully will talk them into a place that serves salads.

love2b150
08-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to check in and say hi. I am still in the 170's. July was not a good month at all I got down to 171.2 thought sure I'd get to see the 160's well on July 31st I weighed in at 177.2. July stats a gain of 3.8lbs for the month. I am back on track and weighed in today at 173.6.
I REALLY REALLY don't like the "7" anymore :)

Have a positively OP Everyone ...

thaisccs
08-05-2011, 09:03 PM
My weight went up again... Peaches, I'm waiting for my fairy! ;)

I made a thread in the mini goal section! This is kind of exciting and a break from the boredom of a failed plan.

Congrats, caramel!

envelope
08-06-2011, 07:43 AM
168.2 this morning! I am so excited.

linJber
08-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Envelope! Wow! Over 4 pounds since Wednesday! Gonna miss you!

I'm down a bit today, too. I was the same as last week - 176.0 on Wednesday (official WI day) - and today I'm 173.6. I'm not crazy about posting weights in between WI days, but I'll do this one as half way to next WI!

Off to a great free 2 day Jazz and Blues fest here in town - hope the "carnival" food doesn't call my name too loudly! Actually, a little whoosh is just what I needed to keep me focused. I was at 176 for over a week and I don't want to see it again!

Lin

Maile
08-06-2011, 08:58 AM
Envelope and linjber: that is great about both of you going down. I went down a pound also. We can celebrate today!
Linjber: My husband is a jazz musician so your festival sounded interesting.

Off to do a fasting test..then off to the fields to watch wheat harvest..then off to the Y to exercise.

envelope
08-06-2011, 03:00 PM
I know that those of you all are going to join me soon, so I created a getting out of the 160s thread. :)

LinJber - The only good thing about the scale not moving much for a while and bouncing up is the wooosh that follows.

linJber
08-07-2011, 12:39 AM
Well, day 1 of the Jazz and Blues fest was fun. The music was awesome. Five different bands today, 5 more tomorrow. Some are local, some from other places. There were lots of food vendors, but we ate lunch at home before we went and packed a great supper of cold chicken, salad, potato salad (I only had a little!) and fruit. Take that, sausage sandwich with peppers and onions. You aren't so irresistible after all! I have to admit, the smells almost did me in! More of the same tomorrow. Let's hope my willpower stays intact.

Lin

Maile
08-07-2011, 09:20 AM
I went out for Mexican food and watched people eating chalupas and fried beans. That is a good way of looking at food you are not going to eat..not so irresistible. Good luck today at the festival.
Wt. 164.5..Hope it stays. I think eating fish is helping.

tolose85
08-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Hey all! I'd like to jump in! I've been stuck in the 170's for a little over a month! I need to get out! 177.5 this morning. I've lost 70 lbs since January and it seems as if I'm coming to a complete hault! help!

linJber
08-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Hi, Tolose! I was stuck at 176 for a while. Must be something about the 170's! Can't wait to put them behind me.

Lin

calmeida5018
08-08-2011, 11:24 AM
stuck stuck stuck!!! Doing weights, low impact bc of foot, eating right...and will have to be non weight bearing after August 23rd. Very frustrating. Seems like every time I'm on a good path something happens to break my stride...

Maile
08-09-2011, 10:59 AM
Hey all! I'd like to jump in! I've been stuck in the 170's for a little over a month! I need to get out! 177.5 this morning. I've lost 70 lbs since January and it seems as if I'm coming to a complete hault! help!
Great job on losing 70 pounds! Have you tried increasing your exercise or changing your exercise? I also started eating lower carb which helped me get moving again.

Calmeida..Hang in there..you will get through this foot surgery and start losing again. can you swim?

calmeida5018
08-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Wow! 70 lbs since January! That's awesome!!!! I'm stuck on the cusp of the 170s again, one day 180, one day 179, so frustrating. Have been exercising with weights and cardio every other day. This morning TOM started, so hoping that has something with it, or the supposed "gaining weight when starting to lift weights" But still, the psychological benefits of watching the numbers go down is undeniable... but I'll stick with it. Especially because I only have 2 more weeks before I'm couch surfing for 8 weeks after foot surgery.. UGH

shr1nk1ngme
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I am almost done with the 170's. One day I'm out, the next day I'm back in. I can't wait until I'm 100% out of this weight range. It is so frustrating that I seem to lose weight so slowly no matter what I do; weight training, Atkins, Medifast, insane amount of aerobics, whatever. I have, like, no metabolism at all. Even when I was on a serious heavy weight lifting/bodybuilding program I was still losing fat at a snail's pace. I should probably go to an endocrinologist. :(

Maile
08-12-2011, 10:17 AM
Have you had your thyroid tested? Sometimes that slows you down.
But yes, it is frustrating to go up and down . I am struggling thru the 60s and it is going slowly..despite exercise.
Hope you get permanently thru the 70s.

thaisccs
08-16-2011, 08:56 AM
Oh God... I really did screw up this weekend. Ugh...
Ended up in a hospital, getting IV fluids and all. Back up to 174. :(

linJber
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I'm just gonna stay here forever, I think. Good thing this is a nice group. Stuck this week at 172.6

Lin

calmeida5018
08-16-2011, 12:17 PM
What happened Thais? Are you better?

I'm still hovering between 180.8 and 179. Frustrating when I've been working out and eating right.

I eat about 1460 calories a day and burn about 400 at least working out. Since I'm doing weights I'm don't eat less than 1400 bc then I won't build muscle which will increase my metabolism bc it takes more calories to build it. But it is very frustrating. Especially bc this time next week I'll be in the hospital getting my surgery (yikes) and will then only be able to do some upper body when I feel better and try to eat less since I'll be inactive.

Why is this so hard? : (

thaisccs
08-16-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm better, Claudia... it was just a little scare and an error in judgement. I'm back on track already but will probably stay stuck in 170s forever!

linJber
08-17-2011, 07:47 AM
I'm here with you, Thias - WI today has me at 171.6, down 1.2 for the week, so that's better than I expected having been stalled at 172.6 for a while! This has been the longest decade, however. Chomping at the bit to get out of here.

I am still hoping to be at 170 before going on vacation (staycation, really) at the end of the month. I'll keep on working it.

Lin

thaisccs
08-19-2011, 08:51 AM
So this morning I step on the scale and a beautiful 170 blinks at me. Really? Am I really moving down again? Is that crashing sound my plateau being broken and conquered? Can I celebrate? :D

calmeida5018
08-19-2011, 01:01 PM
That's marvelous!!! So happy for you!!! Beijos!

Jo Kittibuck
08-19-2011, 06:38 PM
Haven't been able to get below 179 for about a month, but still plugging away. Hope to see good news soon. On the plus side, I've lost inches in the hips and waist. So there's that.

allgirls
08-20-2011, 03:39 AM
Me! Just saw another similar thread so it must be a popular place to be stuck =) I've been here for months, currently 172, happy to no longer be "obese" though! I am not able to exercise at this time so its all diet for me. I need to get back on the veggie juice bandwagon asap.

thaisccs
08-20-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks, Claudia!
But... I'm back to 171 today. Oy. Come on, body!

love2b150
08-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Hello Everyone

I weighed in at 173.0 today so I'm happy. But it's Friday and I usually mess up on the weekends so we shall see if I can work this out.

Have a Positively On Point weekend Everyone :hug:

love2b150
08-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Weigh in today 171.8 I am very excited.

Hope you all are OK during the storm, stay safe.

thaisccs
08-27-2011, 03:13 PM
Uuuuugh.
I'm still in the 170/171 bounce... and I just had an unpleasant conversation with my brother's girlfriend. She basically said that "even she can't manage to be 125 lb". What the **** is that supposed to mean? If she can't then obviously I won't? It annoyed me beyong belief and just made me want to cry. I just want to prove her wrong... I mean, she eats poorly and doesn't follow a plan, she doesn't exercise at all... Uuuuuuugh.

love2b150
08-27-2011, 04:17 PM
thaisccs stay strong you can prove her wrong and will prove her wrong. You can do it, stay hopeful and don't her get under your skin :hug:

thaisccs
08-29-2011, 01:29 PM
Thanks, honey. Being stuck is hard and that certainly didn't help.
But I'm already feeling better, back to tracking and solidly at 170 lbs, which is a victory in itself!

Have a lovely week, everyone!

thaisccs
08-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Double posting cause weight is on my mind and I can't really share with anyone around me so... yeah

Anyway, got home from the gym today and got on the scale: 169.8lb!
I don't even believe it so for now I still consider myself in the 170s but Yay!

rubidoux
08-30-2011, 02:01 AM
Ooooh, I hope you wake up tomorrow solidly in the 160's! And I hope you're proving your SIL wrong before too long.

I have felt a bit trapped in the 170's. Part of the problem, I think, is that I added exercise. I got down to a bit below 180 with no exercise at all, but then stalled out when I added it. Sigh... I also have had a couple of off plan days, last week I was sick and I can never stay OP through a cold. So, here I am... been in the 170's for exactly a month and am still 174.0. This has been my slowest month of weight loss so far. But I guess that makes sense, right? I have expected it to slow down a bit as I get closer to my goal. Though it woulda been nice if that were after another 20 pounds.

I thought maybe joining you guys would help me keep my eye on the goal of getting down to the 160's. That sounds so nice to me now!

TheLindsy
08-30-2011, 02:50 AM
Ooo Hopefully I can jump in here! Iv been bouncing between 172-171 for the past 2 weeks!!!! Driving me crazy.
It's my TOM. So hopefully once it ends I will see a 6!!! :D

But.. My cravings got the best of me today! Pizza will be the death of me. Gym in the morning for a few hours! Gotta get outta the 70s!

rubidoux
08-30-2011, 02:58 PM
I can't believe I woke up a pound down today! 173.0. It still feels a long way from a 6, but I'm excited anyway. :)

thaisccs
09-02-2011, 02:34 PM
rubidoux: I'm not solidly in the 160s yet (169.5lb this morning, but after a few days of 170) but I'm doing my best to be able to say "look! I did it!" :lol:

Soooo... 169.5lb today, yay! I hope this sticks but it really hasn't lately, so I'm keeping up the hard work!
ETA: came back from the gym and 169lb flat! <3

thaisccs
09-05-2011, 01:38 PM
OK, lovelies. I hope everyone stays strong! I'm moving on down to the 160s and I expect to see you all there! <3

love2b150
09-08-2011, 10:22 AM
thaisccs congratulations ... I had a great weekend but made horrible choices so I am back in the 180's

181.8 yesterday
180.8 today

hoping to be 171 by next Thursday :crossed:

Jo Kittibuck
09-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Have been avoiding the scale for awhile, since frustration with it not moving led to a binge, but I hopped on by whim this morning... 175.2, booya! Halfway there!

Jo Kittibuck
09-19-2011, 06:25 AM
Back up to 178. I know some of it's water weight, but also some of it is irresponsible binging. I'll have to work and pay attention to get it dropping again.

steinanwine
09-22-2011, 08:32 AM
My original goal at the beginning of September was to drop 10 LBS by October 1st so I hope that I am posting in this thread in a week and a half that I am OUT of the 170s, but not sure I can lose 4-5 more lbs in that time!!!

I weighed in at 174.8 today so I am getting very close! I can almost see those 160s!!!! It's going to feel so good to post that mini-goal in here!

Good luck to everyone else! We can do this!!

Beck
09-22-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm also aiming to be out of the 170's by the end of the month. I'm at 171.8 right now.

CherryPie99
09-22-2011, 05:41 PM
The 170's are truly breaking my fricking heart. I have bounced between 175.4 and 176.6 for 2 weeks now. I'm pretty sick of it and can't wait to be rid of this damn decade!

runningfromfat
09-22-2011, 07:15 PM
:wave:

I weighed-in at 179lbs yesterday. I'm really excited because I just have 4lbs to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and my lowest adult weight so the 170's are something I've looked forward to a lot!

steinanwine
09-22-2011, 11:13 PM
The 170's are truly breaking my fricking heart. I have bounced between 175.4 and 176.6 for 2 weeks now. I'm pretty sick of it and can't wait to be rid of this damn decade!

You just described my last week and half - exactly the same. Hang in there, you WILL pass this hump. I finally weighed in at 174.8 this morning - I'm hoping after the TONS of water I chugged today I'll have secured a spot in at least a low 174. God willing.

Definitely hang in there - that scale will move soon! :hug:

steinanwine
09-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Wooohooo, down from 174.8 to 174.4 today! Maybe I WILL get out of the 170s before September ends?? Might be crazy wishful thinking with a week left but I'm going to try my hardest!

Happy Friday to everyone! Lets keep going!

runningfromfat
09-23-2011, 12:07 PM
178lbs today! Down another pounds! :D

Maybe I WILL get out of the 170s before September ends?? Might be crazy wishful thinking with a week left but I'm going to try my hardest!

My hope is to get to 80kg (176lbs) by the end of Sept. I'm hoping it's not just wishful thinking too. ;)

steinanwine
09-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Back up to 176.2 today, how fantastic .... not :( .... 174.4 has been my low so far in this journey - maybe it was only because I drank a gallon of water that day?? Plan on drinking a ton more water today to flush out the sodium from this weekend. I guess I won't be hitting my goal of 10 lbs lost by Oct 1st and getting OUT of the 170's .... I'm still really proud of my success so far, I might be losing inches and not lbs (I never took measurements though, maybe I should?) ... but I HATE 176 and I don't want to see it AGAIN.

AHHH ..... How is everyone else doing?? :dizzy:

CherryPie99
09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
I weighed in this weekend at 174.5 and am 174.0 this morning. I am cutting down my calories but I'm also working out every day and that includes 4 days per week running 3 miles and walking an additional 3.5, so I'm not sure that's the right approach. If only my body came with a "how-to" manual!!

steinanwine
09-27-2011, 08:35 AM
Down to 175.2 today - wish it was 174.4 like I was last week, but I'll get there - just might not get out before October 1st. Oh well, at least I'm at the half way point of the 170s, just NEED to push past the 175 threshold.

Congrats Cherrypie - about the same height & weight as me right now - we WILL get out of the 170s soon!!!

Beck
09-27-2011, 10:33 AM
The 170's are sticking around here, too. I was at 171.8 for 3 days, skipped one weigh-in day, then up to 173 for the past 3 days. I will be at normal weight at 169, and at 162 I'll be at a 100lb lost since recommitting in March. I want those 2 goals so bad! I'm hoping that my body is just holding water as it usually does mid-cycle, ovulation time, and that I see a loss in the coming days.

Stay strong, everyone!

steinanwine
09-28-2011, 08:39 AM
You will reach your goal soon Beck!! Hang in there! Just keep fighting - the pay off will be SO sweet!!!

I'm back to 174.4 today! Yay! Now hopefully it goes DOWN tomorrow so I don't relive last week and watch it go up into the 176's. NEED TO SEE 173!!!

steinanwine
09-29-2011, 08:38 AM
Woooo! Down to 173 today! Never thought I'd see that number. I realize the scale could still fluctuate up a little but I pray I am down seeing 176/175!

Hope everyone else is seeing progress towards those 160s!

steinanwine
09-30-2011, 08:37 AM
Holy crap, down from 173 yesterday to 172.2 today. SO CLOSE! Gotta keep pushing and being healthy like never before, I am going to make it the 160s so soon!

runningfromfat
10-01-2011, 08:14 AM
177.9lbs today! Just barely there but I'll take it. :D

CherryPie99
10-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Yay! Had a great week and was rewarded with a big drop - 171.2. WOOT!!

steinanwine
10-01-2011, 12:13 PM
Weighed in at 172.2 again today which I will totally take. Showing consistency 2 days in a row makes me feel good and makes me feel like this 172 is real! I was worried the scale would jump up! Ready to kick *** in October!

October is going to be a glorious month because I'M GETTING OUT OF THE 170'S IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS! I don't know when for sure but I KNOW I'll be saying bye-bye to the 170's this month!!!

I know many of you here will be saying bye-bye too!! Lets kick October's butt!

runningfromfat
10-05-2011, 12:48 PM
176.5lbs today!!! Just a bit over .5lbs for my next mini-goal. :D

steinanwine
10-05-2011, 09:53 PM
171.4 This Morning!!!!! So Close To Saying Goodbye 170s!!!!!!!

steinanwine
10-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Wow .... 170.6 this morning!!!!

CherryPie99
10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Yay! I'm at 169 for the second day in a row, so I'm claiming it! I know some of you are right on my tail, so I'll see you soon in the 160's!!

runningfromfat
10-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Yay! I'm at 169 for the second day in a row, so I'm claiming it! I know some of you are right on my tail, so I'll see you soon in the 160's!!

Congrats!!

Beck
10-06-2011, 07:07 PM
170 for the past 2 days. That last pound of the 170's is going to be kicked to the curb soon!

steinanwine
10-07-2011, 08:34 AM
170.0 exactly this morning! (after fluctuating between 169.8 and 170 several times). Almost there!!!!!!