Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow IP Weekend Chat - 22-24 April 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 21 April 2011 opened by Juiceman and IP Daily Chat - 21 April 2011 opened by me at the same time

Old 04-22-2011, 07:15 AM   #2  
Sheila E.

Arrow Two April 21st threads

Juiceman opened a thread for April 21st at the same time as me yesterday which caused some confusion. There were 3 posts on the thread that didn't take off which everyone overlooked so here they are below for everyone to comment on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedolphin53 View Post
Day 4 and am doing pretty good. Feel a little tired today but not really craving anything. I think about what I used to put into my body and am amazed that I can survive on healthy food without all the sugar and carbs. I have a long journey but I am, after four days, still as excited about this "phase" of my life as I was before I started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2011 View Post
It has been 7 weeks and i'm down 25 lbs, weigh ins tonight so should be more. But its Easter weekend and i'm looking for some recipes, or even something as a dessert to make, any ideas?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMe2011 View Post
I am curious for any other ideas for the WF pasta sauce. I tried it as a pizza sauce for my califlower pizza but lacked something. Any ideas?
Everyone have a safe and happy easter weekend.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:34 AM   #3  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Sorry for starting a new thread and not letting you do it, I apologize. I will wait next time and let those who are supposed to do it. Have a great weekend. Thank you for your dedication to this site. Looks like you are still doing well. Keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Juiceman opened a thread for April 21st at the same time as me yesterday which caused some confusion. There were 3 posts on the thread that didn't take off which everyone overlooked so here they are below for everyone to comment on:

Everyone have a safe and happy easter weekend.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 AM   #4  
Started IP 01/10/11

Good morning all my IP friends. Here are to good WI's today and many NSV's to come on this great day. Hope everyone has a safe and on protocol weekend!

I wanted to share with you all how my first workout went.....

I aquired a trainer and had my first session last night. He knew I was on IP and even did some research and talked to a friend who is doing IP so he had an idea of what to expect. He was pleasantly surprised to see that I had lost 76 pounds and still had the muscle structure I did. We went through a series of lifts for the whole body to get a strength baseline. I felt a bit embarassed going through them all as I am no where close to as strong as I once was, but I knew that. Doing the lifts humbled me a little more as I watch other smaller people lifting more than me. I will get there!

I had my meal and extra "juiceman" packet before I went and thought I would be ok. Well after 45-50 min of my workout, I was CASHED. I made a beeline to the bathroom and felt terrible. It hit me all at once and it felt terrible. I will say I think I overdid it for my first time back in the gym. I asked him to push me and I would let him know if it was too much. I went from feeling great to wiped out instantly. I will caution anyone starting to lift, workout to start slow rest between exercises and listen to your body. Within 20 min I was feeling fine and we called it a day.

I go back today to do an impedence body fat% and a caliper measured body fat% to see if 200 is a healthy weight or if I should go lower. I am excited about this and cannot wait until noon to get this. With these results I then plan to tailor my "juiceman" IP protocol (since I use alternative products only) to fit this new workout regime. I will even plot out a course to start phasing off.

I will need many more calories and protein to sustain my training and energy while training. 800 calories and 150g of protein just do not cut it. All in all, it felt great to be back in the gym and the feel of cold steel in my hands was great.

Take exercise seriously and carefully while on IP and listen to your body and what it needs. I recharged with my snack shake, double sized and bar before bed. I woke up this am sore, but feeling great and had a 2.6 additional loss. I want to get past these first week of workouts and get into a groove and past the pain.

Just wanted to share with you all. Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 AM   #5  
Sheila E.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Sorry for starting a new thread and not letting you do it, I apologize. I will wait next time and let those who are supposed to do it. Have a great weekend. Thank you for your dedication to this site. Looks like you are still doing well. Keep up the great work!
Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure the 3 people that were overlooked received some feedback from everyone too. I just didn't sleep well last night and slept in a bit. I apologize for the later than normal opening thread
Old 04-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

It's the weekend! So happy to have a day off today for Good Friday. The weather is going to be beautiful today but my husband has some work to do in the yard (getting the pool ready for summer). Maybe I'll take the kids to a movie... I'll have to sneak some ridges in my purse if I do!

I just finished stuffing all the little plastic eggs that I bought with various Easter treats for my kids (while they were still sleeping) for our Easter Egg Hunt on Sunday and there was only one kind that made me think: "Oooh, those smell good" and resisting wasn't so tough (and I haven't even had my breakfast yet).

As for weight loss, I think I am on a plateau (or the extra restricted the other day really set me back again - when will I learn?). I do suspect that I lose weight one week, then inches the next, then weight again, then inches... Is that possible? I may try a Ketostix later (never used them before). At least I get an extra day before my WI due to the Easter holiday!

I tried the IP blueberry/cranberry/pomegranate drink last night and I didn't really like that one. I am definitely looking forward to the pineapple/banana/orange drink for my breakfast this morning! I tasted some of my husband's the other night (I bought him one so that he could try it - he wants to do IP when I phase off) and bought myself some yesterday. I love that one and I am sorry that I didn't think of trying it sooner!

We just got invited to my Mother-in-law's house for dinner on Sunday (my dad and his lady friend were invited too)... I hope I can stay OP (she puts butter on all the veggies and usually puts dressing on her salads).

Have a wonderful day everyone! Stay strong!

ETA ("Edited to Add"): I tested and I have "trace amounts" of ketones (but I drink LOTS of water - probably more than what is recommended).

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-22-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning all my IP friends. Here are to good WI's today and many NSV's to come on this great day. Hope everyone has a safe and on protocol weekend!

I wanted to share with you all how my first workout went.....

I aquired a trainer and had my first session last night. He knew I was on IP and even did some research and talked to a friend who is doing IP so he had an idea of what to expect. He was pleasantly surprised to see that I had lost 76 pounds and still had the muscle structure I did. We went through a series of lifts for the whole body to get a strength baseline. I felt a bit embarassed going through them all as I am no where close to as strong as I once was, but I knew that. Doing the lifts humbled me a little more as I watch other smaller people lifting more than me. I will get there!

I had my meal and extra "juiceman" packet before I went and thought I would be ok. Well after 45-50 min of my workout, I was CASHED. I made a beeline to the bathroom and felt terrible. It hit me all at once and it felt terrible. I will say I think I overdid it for my first time back in the gym. I asked him to push me and I would let him know if it was too much. I went from feeling great to wiped out instantly. I will caution anyone starting to lift, workout to start slow rest between exercises and listen to your body. Within 20 min I was feeling fine and we called it a day.

I go back today to do an impedence body fat% and a caliper measured body fat% to see if 200 is a healthy weight or if I should go lower. I am excited about this and cannot wait until noon to get this. With these results I then plan to tailor my "juiceman" IP protocol (since I use alternative products only) to fit this new workout regime. I will even plot out a course to start phasing off.

I will need many more calories and protein to sustain my training and energy while training. 800 calories and 150g of protein just do not cut it. All in all, it felt great to be back in the gym and the feel of cold steel in my hands was great.

Take exercise seriously and carefully while on IP and listen to your body and what it needs. I recharged with my snack shake, double sized and bar before bed. I woke up this am sore, but feeling great and had a 2.6 additional loss. I want to get past these first week of workouts and get into a groove and past the pain.

Just wanted to share with you all. Have a wonderful day!
The workouts can kick you butt thats for sure...I'm taking a hottie body class..and working out...i joined a fittness club a few weeks ago and its tuff..but nice and slow and breath...and drink that water...
its time you post a picture so we can see the shrinking person you are becoming...keep up the great work...

:s trong:
:worko ut:
Old 04-22-2011, 08:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

I got in late last night and read all the really great comments everyone made about me making my goal...wow I was so happy for the support and the
smiles you all gave me..Thank you...Thank you....
I look forward to staying on the site and watching everyone meet their goals too....
Easter is coming...plan your meals carefully...
Happy Easter

Last edited by JudoGirl; 04-22-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:48 AM   #9  
Started IP 01/10/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
The workouts can kick you butt thats for sure...I'm taking a hottie body class..and working out...i joined a fittness club a few weeks ago and its tuff..but nice and slow and breath...and drink that water...
its time you post a picture so we can see the shrinking person you are becoming...keep up the great work...

:s trong:
:worko ut:
Thanks! I will be taking it a bit slower and feeling it out. I like the feeling of being back in the gym. I do have 6 progress pics. Click at the bottom of my signature.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #10  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
I got in late last night and read all the really great comments everyone made about me making my goal...wow I was so happy for the support and the
Congratulations. What an amazing accomplishment.

I saw that you got a citizens Eco watch. Let me know how you like it. I spied one the other day and made a mental note of that for my birthday list later in the year.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:29 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 152.2/117.6/128

Height: 5'4"

Morning all!
After a miserable few days (the big "C"), I decided to do a salt water flush and... hate to say it, enema... to clean out. I looked about 5months prego before I did it and after, all I can say is Ahhhh. Today is day 12 for me and it is obvious that "C" is likely gonna be a problem. It was suggested that I get CALM, but could not find it anywhere... I will likely have to order it online. At least this will be temporary though. I hope everyone has an outstanding day and weekend, I am breaking down and buying a couple restricteds to enjoy for the holiday weekend. Catch ya later skinnies!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWoww View Post
Morning all!
After a miserable few days (the big "C"), I decided to do a salt water flush and... hate to say it, enema... to clean out. I looked about 5months prego before I did it and after, all I can say is Ahhhh. Today is day 12 for me and it is obvious that "C" is likely gonna be a problem. It was suggested that I get CALM, but could not find it anywhere... I will likely have to order it online. At least this will be temporary though. I hope everyone has an outstanding day and weekend, I am breaking down and buying a couple restricteds to enjoy for the holiday weekend. Catch ya later skinnies!
My coach sells Floralax for the big "C". Not sure where you could get it but apparently it works pretty well and it is IP friendly.

We used to cross the border to the US to get Miralax (now available in Canada under the name Restore-A-Lax) for my daughter (she's had issues since babyhood) and it is an excellent product but I don't know if it's good for the IP diet or not. The active ingredient is polypropelene glycol.

I wonder if the Novilax cleanse that they sell would help? I usually have the opposite problem (at least I did until doing IP) with the big "D", so cleanses really scare me!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-22-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Just a drive by post for me right now as I have 3 gorgeous babies to photograph soon!

I wanted to share my news though! Started a temporary phase down for my upcoming trip to Disney so I've been on phase 2 this week. Just got back from weigh in and am down another 3.9 lbs. which officially puts me at the

-40 lbs. mark in just 9 weeks!!!

Can't even explain how happy and excited I am...my goal when I started this was to be around -40 lbs. by the time the trip came around and here I am with a week to go

Started phase 3 just now, had my big breakfast and while I enjoyed it, it wasn't as "amazing" to have those carbs again as I thought it would be. I'm nervous about any potential cravings I may have later but know that I've just been far too successful with this to screw it up!

Thanks for letting me share, will check back in later!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
As for weight loss, I think I am on a plateau (or the extra restricted the other day really set me back again - when will I learn?). I do suspect that I lose weight one week, then inches the next, then weight again, then inches... Is that possible?
I have noticed that pattern too. This week I lost 3.4 lbs, but only 1/2" on my thigh. I suspect that next week will be a smaller loss, with more inches lost.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #15  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
I look forward to staying on the site and watching everyone meet their goals too....
Easter is coming...plan your meals carefully...
Happy Easter:
CONGRATULATIONS on your awesome weight loss...it must feel so good to be at your goal. You are going to seriously rock that red bathing suit. 70 pounds is a super duper huge achievement. I bet all who love you are so proud of your efforts...and I bet you are even more proud of you (that is an amazing feeling). I am inspired!!!!
Closed Thread