Chicks up for a Challenge - 100 days 100% challenge!

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : 100 days 100% challenge!

Snowbrocade
04-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Hi friends:

I was just thinking how much progress I would make if I stayed on plan for 100 days. I have done it before and had fantastic results! It really helps to have a focus and to do the countdown.

My goal is to stay on 1250 calories for 100 days and to lose 35 lbs! It is possible, doable and would make me very happy. Much more happy than going off plan or eating some treat that will give me pleasure for just a few minutes.

I hope that you will join me and check in daily with reports on how we have done with our 100 days.

We can do it!!

Sno

kristian130
04-21-2011, 02:30 PM
okay so two years ago i started working out with a buddy from spring to august we both lost forty pounds and went on a hampton beach vacation in freakin bikinis!!! well two years later ive gained every single pound back. my self esteem is at an all time low, and im finding it hard to get outta bed, to motivate myself to get off my ***. and every once and a while i binge cuz im depressed and then i wonder why im not losing!!! I set a 5 pound challenge for myself by may 1st which i am still going to do, but I am soooo ready for this challenge. this year i am going to california in august. I'm so excited. but the thought of my chubby east coast BUTT surrounded by beautiful california girls, all botoxed and liposucked lol I think it will make me work harder than ever. I wish i still had my gym partner but she moved away now its all me.

im 25 years old, its now or never to change my body once and for all.
get back my confidence and feel like me again, and of course look fantastic on the beach in california. (id like to actually take vaca pic ya know?) and IVE DONE THIS BEFORE!! I CAN DO IT AGAIN!!! ( sorry sometimes i need to yell at myself lmao)

My goal is to stick with the weight watchers point system for 100 days AND work out 3-4 days a week no less! My gym just went 24 hours for the summer so NO EXCUSES!!!! we can all help support each other and our goals. hopefully working out on the regular will give me more energy and stamina to wake up early and improve my overall well being.

Snowbrocade
04-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Kristian--

we are so on the same page. I feel the same way. Just 100 days and so much can change! why keep putting my ideal off by deciding to eat off plan?

I just need to get over it, resolve it--I am sick of putting energy into this and I want to make a big effort, get through it and then be able to focus on other stuff. I know it is hard but it is doable.

Motivation is key and I love your goals!

My motivation is I have so many cute outfits in my smaller size--in 2007 I went from 262 to 184. I have gained back 40 of it but am happy that I have maintained 40 pounds down (my pic is from back then when I was 184). I want to wear my summer outfits, dang it!! AND I WILL (see I shout at myself sometimes too).

I am so looking forward to 100 days from now when we will be sharing our successes!

Sno

PS--I think 100 days is July 29th!

Dog Rescue Mama
04-21-2011, 02:45 PM
This sounds like a ton of fun and a great way to stay on track! I will make my goal to stay on my target diet and no "cheats" for 100 days! Of course I'm going to start my 100 days from the start of my diet that I started just a week and a half ago so I feel like it is from the start. I need to get those tracker thingies haha.

midwife
04-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Ok, I'd like to join you guys! 100 days is July 29th? That will find me at a family reunion. Yikes!!! I'm in!

lackadaisy
04-21-2011, 03:14 PM
I think I'll join you. 100 days until the end of July -- if I'm on plan the whole time, I should be done with these last few pounds, a lot more fit, and into maintenance. 100 days is a crazy amount of self-control for me and I doubt I'll succeed, but I've never really succeeded at anything that didn't at first strike me as crazy. So.

My goal will be eating 1200-1500 with a net calorie number of 1200 -- that is, if I eat more than 1200, I'll need to burn it off every day. 100% commitment to working out every day *somehow* -- I'll do something active, even if it is a quick jog or a few planks or a wall sit, every day.

We can do it! :carrot:

lilmomma2011
04-21-2011, 03:35 PM
Ok so Im in too. One request can we make this an active thread, like checking in on each other frequently, chit chat, etc. I commit to staying with weight watchers for another 100 days. To not cheat and to exercise at least 4 times a week. WE CAN DO THIS :carrot:

JOLINA
04-21-2011, 04:01 PM
I am stuck at a plateau. I am going nowhere on my own for 3 weeks now.
I am going to join as I am really down in the dumps ... :(
There is no way I can do 1250 calories. I would starve. I will do 1400.
:smug:
I probably won't lose 35 pounds on 1400 calories...20 would be nice.

But then I do a lot of gardening every summer, so the extra work might burn up a lot of calories. I'll be laying down more than a ton of sand and stones this spring.
I really want to lose one more dress size this summer. I don't like the clothes I am in now.
I need a new motivation, so I figure a little peer pressure might do the trick.
Best of luck to everyone!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

K3LL3Y
04-21-2011, 04:04 PM
This is exactly what I'm looking for. A group of people who want to stay on plan and stay motivated. :D
I have very similar goals and a wedding to go to on 4th of July weekend.
100 days on plan sounds great. Keep me updated on your progress and I"ll do the same :^:

Rainbowgirl
04-21-2011, 04:31 PM
I am IN! 100 days would be great!

I'm doing 1400 or under (I have a sedentary job so going over 1400, even with exercise, isn't a good idea for me). I eat a healthy, hearty breakfast, a snack, then lunch/dinner, then an evening snack. If I'm still tired by midnight (when I get home) I have a bowl of cereal before bed.

I'm also doing a bit of exercise; went for a 20 minute walk with the dog today, climb the 169 steps to the hospital roof at work, take the stairs instead of the elevator, and try to do some cardio with my Kinect (Your Shape: Fitness Evolved and Dance Central) a few times a week.

CaliforniaDreamer
04-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Great Idea!
I want to start with 1800 calories and every 25 days I will lower my calories by 100.I also want to lose around 30 -40 lbs,I will probably only lose 20 lbs but it doesn't hurt to aim high lol.

I also want to stay on my workout program which is 2 hours a day 5 days a week, then on the weekends I do 1 hour of walking.

Focused Lani
04-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Hey all - I'm so in! My goal is 25lbs. I'll make my goal day July 29th as well. I've been on plan for 6 weeks and haven't cheated once (though the plan does include weekly re-feeds)

100 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 365
GW - 340

kristian130
04-22-2011, 03:40 PM
[QUOTE=Snowbrocade;3818517]Kristian--

we are so on the same page. I feel the same way. Just 100 days and so much can change! why keep putting my ideal off by deciding to eat off plan?

I just need to get over it, resolve it--I am sick of putting energy into this and I want to make a big effort, get through it and then be able to focus on other stuff. I know it is hard but it is doable.

Motivation is key and I love your goals!

I completely agree. I am the same way. No more excuse and reasons why i shouldn't go to the gym. And no more cheating on my diet and then saying "well, tomarrow I'll start over" cuz it doesn't count if you cheat everyday lmao! I love your goals as well. It's always good to have a reason to be thinner. Self esteem, health ect. I'm hoping my vacation will give me the motivation i need to get off my butt. I just keep on thinking about wearing a bikini at the beach and not worrying about my thighs jiggling as i walk through the sand...lol kinda graphic and a bit funny but it's true. very embarrassing.

Maybe we should have official checkins every like, 25 days or something??
I'm so glad there are others up for this challenge! we can do it!

JayTee
04-22-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey all--I've enjoyed reading your posts, especially the "no excuses," and "can we promise to make this an active thread and hold each other accountable," etc. I know I can't do 100 days without cheating, BUT if things fizzle here in terms of people dropping off, or if any of you would like to join another thread simultaneously, come check out Sarge's No Excuses/Boot Camp to Beach Weather... We are a very active thread, good humor, daily motivation, and if you want to be held accountable...no problem. All we ask is that on Sundays you make a pledge to fictitious Sarge, a certain number of pounds that you WILL lose the upcoming week, then DO IT! No Excuses!

Like I say, check us out. I know how difficult it is find a group who really stick with it. We have about 15-20 diehards and a lot of fun. Here's the link:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/229801-sarges-no-excuses-boot-camp-beach-weather-challenge-3-a.html

Good luck to you all on this awesome challenge and on achieving your goals!

:drill:
Sarge

Snowbrocade
04-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Omigosh this is so great! What a bunch of motivated people!!! It really helps me to read everyones stories and goals. I hope everyone keeps posting and lets us know how you are doing.

It really has helped me making this committment. I thought about getting some chocolate easter eggs today--I could do it if I fit it into my calories but I just decided it wasnt a good idea. It feels good to make a choice and to make my plan to lose weight come first.

I got a fresh turkey breast at the store today and am roasting it. At 40 cals an ounce I have some nice protein for the weekend!

Oh, yeah, those size 12 jeans are calling my name~! I can visualize it for July. It is depressing to be in 18 W's again. I am so over being a plus size!!

Cheers all!

Sno

Day One successful! And one pound down--I like it!

Snowbrocade
04-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Kristian:

I was thinking that we could post every 7 days--each Thursday and list how many days we were on plan--keep a running total--that way we have a smaller goal to look forward to.

yepyep
04-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Hello! Is it too late for me to join? I want to commit to my workout plan of P90 and keep consistent with my "the non-runners marathon trainer" workout plan as well.
So do we have to report in every Thursday to confirm whether or not we've stuck to our 100%-edness?
Offtopic: Midwife - your dexter avatar made my day! And I also have an event to look forward to after the end of these 100 days, a 3 day music festival!

Snowbrocade
04-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Hi Yep yep:

I am planning on posting daily to keep myself on track--I find I do better when I am accountable.

I thought on thursdays we would report in on our week--you know 6 days out of 7 or 100% etc. but if anyone has a better idea pleas post~!

Yes the Dexter avatar is cool--I love Dex~!

there are lotsa nice avatars--we have a creative bunch.

iaradajnos
04-23-2011, 12:35 PM
I'd love to join. I have been pretty much on target for about 6 weeks (losing a pound or more a week) but I'm looking for 100% to really smash through. I just ate way too much food yesterday so I'm frustrated (but not too disappointed since I think I still came in at a balance of food in/energy out). Joining a group of 100% for 100 days is just right. Thanks for the idea!

By July 29, I will have had a visit from my niece for a week; gone on my very first business trip (to my hometown) with two ladies who are major overeaters; gone camping for a week; and will be probably packing to go to my husband's country for a few weeks (after 10 years and two kids).

I will eat 1350 calories, workout 4x week, and walk a minimum of 3 miles (but often get in 5 miles). I know I'll also bike frequently but can't predict it because of weather and family member schedules. I'm a volumetrics fanatic so I'll work to increase my low-density food items.

I will buy a scale but have been keeping track of my weight loss through the sizes of clothes. I know how much I weighed with each particular clothing item (142 was my lowest and I have four items that only fit at that weight). I have a dress that will only fit nicely if I weight 135 because it was a real squeeze at 142. I'm only trying to fit the dress as I'll never wear it in public (a completely open back, pencil skirt to above the knee). But I'll enjoy putting it one for fun (or maybe wearing with a sweater).

I'm planning on getting to goal in about 12 weeks. So by the end of July, I hope I'll have started maintenance--which is daunting to me and I'll want support!

Snowbrocade
04-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Yipee--another 3 lbs and on my third day of 100%. staying on plan as planned~!

Iara:

I loved hearing about your life events around your weight loss goals. I think visualizing the future including how we will look and feel is powerful!

Good luck everyone! Have a wonderful 100% day!

kristian130
04-23-2011, 03:49 PM
I was gonna cheat on my diet but I ate celery with hummus and light ranch instead. go me! I think my gym is closed tomarrow I think ill do some power yoga instead.

Deanna1303
04-23-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm definitely in for the 100 days, I think this is a really good challenge!!

So for me I will stay under my daily points for the 100 days no using the weeklies....lol I will also commit to exercise at least 4 times a week and my ultimate goal for July 29th, will be to lose 35lbs, I think this is very doable!

JOLINA
04-23-2011, 07:59 PM
:wave:
I am hanging in there and back to counting my calories. I went over a bit today, but the weight should come off anyway.
I was outside working today in the nice spring weather, lifting heavy patio blocks, cleaning my shed, and making shelving.
:wl:

So I am really whacked out from all the excercize.
Since I lost the 35 pounds I have a lot more energy to do things, and all my added activities will burn up a lot of my calories.

fancypants
04-24-2011, 04:49 AM
Ohhhh this is just what I need, count me in!
I'm currently on 1200-1500 calories, exercising 5 days a week (1500 on my big work out days) and feeling pretty damn good!
So im going to aim high.. Let's say 30 pounds in 100 days!

I'm pumped!!!
Good luck guys.. I'll check in when ever I can and I'll post my weight on Tuesdays.

Snowbrocade
04-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Welcome Fancy and Deanna: great goals and motivation.

100 days seems so doable, no? And yet so much could be accomplished. I am psyched to have so many motivated people joining us--positive peer pressure reallyworks!

I hope everyone keeps checking in and letting us know how you are doing. For me, the more I check in, the better I do!

And here I am on day 4, another 2 lbs down! I love the first week on plan--it is so exciting to lose all the lbs even tho it is probably just water weight it is so encouraging. The real work comes when the weight loss settles down and I have to keep going no matter what the scale sez.

Cheers everyone--congratulations on making such a beautiful commitment to yourselves.

Have a wonderful 100% day!

sno

Snowbrocade
04-24-2011, 02:09 PM
Jolina:great job on losing 35 lbs--that is huge!! and all that heavy lifting will definitely build muscle and raise the metabolism.

Kristian: good food choices--I was thinking the same thing about celery--I love hummous but I usually eat with crackers and I find it hard to stop eating crackers once I start. so I will get celery the next time I shop!

thanks for checking in!

Sno

yepyep
04-24-2011, 09:46 PM
Hello! just checking in - so far so good on 100%. This is a definite motivational challenge, knowing I have to check in.
Snobrocade - Wow, you're doing great! I hear ya on the scales- they can be motivational but sometimes just peeve me off so that's when I start going by how clothes fit.
Technically this is just my 2nd day so hope no one minds my own personal countdown - 2 days down, 98 days to go :)

fancypants
04-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Well it was Easter yesterday and even though it was extremely tempting ( I have an almost 3 year old) I stayed 100% on plan!!! So today is a good day for me, I'm so proud of myself for staying on plan. Who would of thought I'd spend Easter working out instead of stuffing my face with chocolate :D

My scale has been up and down the last week, I'm having a really irregular TOM.. 3 days on 3 days off and now I'm back on and I feel like I'm retaining water. I'm going to head to the doctors on Wednesday to see what's going on.

Deanna1303
04-25-2011, 01:59 AM
Sno- Way to go on the loss!!

Fancypants- That is awesome on staying 100% on goal.

Today was definitely a challenge....lol I cut it really close but did stay under my points so happy to say 100% and counting down the days!! I also dropped another 3 lbs since my official weigh-in last Sunday, so that is exciting as well. All together I'm close to 10 lbs for one month so I'm feeling a bit like this at the moment!! :carrot:.....lol

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, and check in with y'all tomorrow. ;)

SMSDREAMER2007
04-25-2011, 03:50 AM
I'd love to join this! this sounds great!

K3LL3Y
04-25-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey Everyone,
Just checking in. Made it through the weekend and at my Monday weigh in I'm down 2lbs! I'm looking forward to hitting my big milestone of getting under 200.
Hope everyone else is doing well and keep up the good work.
5 days down and going strong :-)

Focused Lani
04-25-2011, 08:35 AM
So how was everyone's Easter? My weight is down (yay) but the dreaded TOM bloat is about to hit, there may be a nasty gain on my sig on Saturday.

96 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 362
GW - 340

iaradajnos
04-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Helloo 100%ers. I'm reporting in on my half-good effort. I had a big surprise on Saturday and the family was invited to have dinner with a family I used to live with 15 years ago overseas. They found us last week and I found out they're living blocks away from us! Anyway, I went with my oldest son and husband. The mom of the family made every single "favorite" food I used to eat 15 years ago--meat, meat, potatoes, ghee (rich butter) lentils, and more meat! My son wasn't eating any of it--except the rice--because he prefers raw tofu and raw veggies. The more she offered and he didn't eat, the more I ate to show how much I appreciated all her cooking. I don't eat meat anymore so I really tried to dodge that but the mom kept saying how she's been saving all these special ingredients for the day they finally found where we lived. I ate and ate. We just don't eat this way anymore. I was really sick to my stomach until midnight. Ugh. At least I did my Saturday workout (but late in the day). Can't even imagine what the calories were. Pretty defeating but I tried not to carry that around. She was really trying to be very nice and reconnect. So, it was the thought that counts.

Sunday was an awesome day. I worked out first thing which is super satisfying (I always work out but sometimes I delay and delay and delay so it weighs on my mind all day). My husband works so my oldest and I walked a mile to pick up my youngest son then walked another mile to the commuter rail to go out for lunch at Bertucci's and see "Rio" the movie. I had a bowl of soup and free salad. The boys both ate salad with a small bowl of pasta and sauce.

We walked home and met with about 10 famillies for an afternoon of kickball. I ran around a lot and played so much with all the kids. We even did a final game with kids against parents. It was a blast. What an awesome day.

So it was a half-successful weekend. I am trying to turn my mind to happiness that this very nice family found me after so long. Also, I know this coming week will be about 100%. I'm watching everyone's successes and it's very inspiring. Glad to be all in together.

Dog Rescue Mama
04-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing on their 100 days. I have to brag because I'm a gummy whore, I mean if it is sweet and chewy it is irresistible!!!! Well yesterday was Easter and the kids had TONS of gummy candy. My 100 day challenge is to have not one single off diet cheat and I made it!!! I went through Easter without any cheating, I'm so excited! I could never have done this last year.

K3LL3Y
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
I went through Easter without any cheating, I'm so excited! I could never have done this last year.

Congratulations!:carrot:

Great job on making it through a tough holiday.
Keep it up everyone!;)

fancypants
04-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing on their 100 days. I have to brag because I'm a gummy whore, I mean if it is sweet and chewy it is irresistible!!!! Well yesterday was Easter and the kids had TONS of gummy candy. My 100 day challenge is to have not one single off diet cheat and I made it!!! I went through Easter without any cheating, I'm so excited! I could never have done this last year.

Yay!! Well done for staying strong and 100% on plan chicky!! I'm exactly the same, I couldn't of done it last year.

Snowbrocade
04-25-2011, 09:56 PM
wow! everyone is doing great! It is so motivating.

this thread has sure kept me on track. when I have had one of those "oh just one wont hurt" moments I thought about logging in the calories and then telling you all--it kept me from doing it.

yeah--if people started on a different day it is fine to do your own countdown of course.

Okay so thats 4.75 days at 100% and counting!

sno

Snowbrocade
04-25-2011, 09:57 PM
Kelley:

extra special cheers for being so close to onederland! that is so great. I cant wait to join you!

Sno

K3LL3Y
04-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Ahh onderland! I have not been there since I was a teenager.

iaradajnos
04-26-2011, 10:09 AM
I'm checking in on 100%. I did all my exercises and stayed on track for Monday and today's going great--did my early morning aerobics video. I have a dreaded monthly meeting where everyone at the agency serves all my trigger foods at all meetings (day or night). I'm planning my day to survive 100% plus get in at least 3 miles walking (1.5 done so far).

The worst meeting is tonight because it bores me to tears and they serve boxes and boxes of cheese pizza, crab ragoon, and bread rolls. (During day meetings they serve grab bags of favorite Hersey's chocolates--the worst is special dark chocolate!!!!). I talked the secretary in to ordering "healthy" foods (thinking make-your-own-tacos, salads, etc) from the next door Mexican restaurant once but they only ordered the worst kinds of food. (Can't win for trying with these folks).

K3LL3Y: great to be in the same thread as you reach your goals!

Dog Rescue Mama: way to go on those dreaded gummy candies!

Focused Lani: luckily TOM is not every day and the 100% challenge will hopefully keep you on track.

Sno: you crack me up with "4.75" I keep track like that too and thought I was the only one. Keeps me going when I'm walking all over the place.

SMSDREAMER2007
04-26-2011, 02:44 PM
Just checking in, today is my first day of 100 days no excuses, unfort chocolate bunny was calling my name yest...I know excuses excuses...but now it cant call my name anymore :D

Snowbrocade
04-26-2011, 08:47 PM
so far so good--I got myself some low calorie treats today at the store-- low cal frozen yogurt, bubblegum and tootsie pops (60 cals) for when I really want something. Also foster farms chicken breasts (99 cents a pound, yeah!) celery, apples, pineapple, high fiber cereal, etc. Its fun to shop healthy.

SMS: you go girl--you beheaded that choco rabbit didnt you!! Now that he is gone you are ready. kudos for checking in--the more you check in the more motivation you build!

iaradajnos: ha ha--yeah I check in before dinner sometimes so it is truly 3/4 of a day. every minute I am on plan is a minute for health and change!

JOLINA
04-26-2011, 09:02 PM
I will be faithfully counting my calories all week, so I should lose 1 pound this week.
I cut the lawn today , edged it, and pulled weeds out of my asparagus plot.
Did laundry too. That was a lot of exercize for me today.

I have a few stalks of fresh-picked asparagus cooking in the pot right now for my lo-cal dinner.

:stir:

Imagine you are going to drive to California. It's a long way off. But you'll be making progress every day as long as you keep driving. And you'll see cool stuff along the way - the same way with your weight loss you'll hit interim goals, feel better, move differently, maybe sleep better or have less heartburn or who knows what else. It's not like you will be the same size you are now and then in a year you'll lose 125 pounds overnight. You'll be getting closer and closer and lighter and lighter each week.

Just keep going!
~seagirl~

Focused Lani
04-26-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey all - I have found a wonderful natural duretic, half a lemon in boiling water in the AM seems to be keeping the TOM bloat at bay. However if you retent as much as I do, make sure you're within the reach of a loo.

iaradajnos - Maybe smuggle your own snacks into the meetings? If anyone asks you can use my fave excuse 'I have a weak stomach' :)

SMSDreamer - ahh chocolate bunnies, at least Easter only comes once a year.

Snowbrocade - The low cal treats sound yummy, I am mad about pineapple.

94 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 362
GW - 340

CaliforniaDreamer
04-26-2011, 11:07 PM
I haven't been doing too well TOM seems like it doesn't want to end but I have been doing really well with the calories and my food choices hopefully I will be down tomorrow.

sw: 278
cw: 277
gw: 247

pixie sticks
04-26-2011, 11:19 PM
Hey folks!
I'm nearly a week late on this, but willing to give it a go. I can handle 94 days easy as pie! I'm going to kick 94 days worth of A**!
(trying to convince myself here)

Hi, my name is pixie stick (it's Mandy, but don't tell. hee hee). I'm a 31 year old mamma to 3 little monsters. I started WW online 4 weeks ago at 214.5. As of last Sunday's weigh-in I was 202.5. 12 pounds in 4 weeks ain't bad, folks! For those of you who follow the WW system, I currently am allotted 31 points per day.

I'm looking to get to 150. I don't know for certain, but I'd say I was last 150 when I was... oh... 13 or so. I've gained 40 pounds just over the last 10 years. Averaging 4 pounds per year isn't so noticeable, until a decade goes by. Wow!!

My weigh day is Sunday, so that's when I'll give my update, although I'm a jobless bum who will spend lots of time lurking. lol

SMSDREAMER2007
04-27-2011, 01:19 AM
Focused I love it..thats basically lemon tea ;)

Pixie sticks join the club, im not working atm either...gl on weight watchers, its the only one my mother will do ;) I personally calorie count had eat low carb.

Josie83
04-27-2011, 07:15 AM
100 days from today would be August 5th, I think, so I'm going to try to keep up with my daily exercise routine and only eat whats allowable on my meal plan for the next 100 days. I've done pretty good for the past 27, but I think 100 will be a real challenge (my birthday is even in there, eep!). Haha, I'm excited wondering how much I will have lost by the end of this. Let's do it! :sunny:

fancypants
04-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Well my hubby to be has gone back to work ( he's a Fly in fly out miner 5 weeks on 1 week off atm, usually 2-1) so it's a lot easier to stay on plan when he's not home... But I'm heading to my Dad's for 5 weeks tomorrow lol he lives in a small gold mining town, so that's going to be a challenge too! Wish me luck ladies!
Was 100% on plan today :) almost caved and ate one if my little boys Easter eggs.. I ended up sitting there staring at it for a good 5 mins contemplating, I'm happy to report will power won the battle.
Still my TOM so the scale hasn't moved really.. Well it hasn't for about 2 weeks tbh, will see doctor in the next week to find out WTF is going on ( extremely irregular cycle)

kateleestar
04-27-2011, 09:16 AM
I just found this.. And I'm in love, lol.

100 days counting today would be 8/4, so... I'm in. On 8/6 I have my Family reunion, on 8/13 is my 10 year class reunion and then on 8/20 were going on vacation to SC, so loosing a bunch of lbs would be GREAT! Maybe I'll aim high, and say 30lbs. I can do that? I mean, I've never really been on plan for more than a week, lol. I'm a calorie counter, so if it's in my calories, I'll eat it, lol. Anywho, here we go!

Calories: 1600 M-F, 1800 - 2000 S & S (I like to cycle them!)

Working out at least an hour a day, M-S. I'm a DVD doer, and a walker. I'm currently liking WATP and walking around my neighborhood with the DH and dog. I just bought some new ones offa eBay so I'll be starting those pretty soon. I have a 5K on 5/14 and the Warrior Dash on 6/4, and then a few other 5K's in June/July/August...

I hope this works! :crossed: I SO want to be out of the 200's, and this is just the kick I needed! :carrot:

SMSDREAMER2007
04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Checking in...ended COMPLETELY on plan yest :D Today started out to a good start, 16 mins on the bike and tuna sandwiches. Might head back out for more biking in a few before I hit the showers :D LETS DO THIS!

Focused Lani
04-27-2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome Pixie Sticks, PopRox and Kateleestar :wave:

Fancypants - Congrats for staying OP. Chocolate is the worst for me, I swear I get a sugar rush just from smelling it.

SMSDreamer - Your enthusiasim is infectious! YEAH LET'S DO THIS!

93 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 362
GW - 340

SMSDREAMER2007
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
HAHA focused! thats what I aim for! :cheer: :cheer: This challenge is only as hard as you make it LETS DO THIS!!!

I am happy to report that the shirt I bought in feb is now swimming on me! Though...im wondering if maybe it isn't a bit stretched from the washer..... LOL

ish
04-28-2011, 04:30 AM
Wow! I love this idea and I am so so inspired by how committed you all have been so far.

I'm going to join up, too, and I hope to post daily as well. I have been 100% committed to my plan since the 25th and I plan to really follow through this time. I'm finishing day 4 and it seems like I'm well on my way to breaking my 8 day staying-committed-to-my-weight-loss record - haha.

100 days at a time until this weight is off! We can do it!

ish
04-28-2011, 04:32 AM
Oh, and I forgot to mention - I've lost 3 pounds so far! I know it's probably water weight, but I'm still happy!

Also, staying on plan for me, right now, means eating properly. Counting calories and avoiding junk - drinking water and eating more vegetables. My issue in the past was that I would do too much all at once (90 minutes in the gym, 1200 calories, no carbs, blah blah blahhh) and I would burn out. I am trying to make lasting changes this time.

That is all! :)

ish
04-28-2011, 08:22 AM
@Pop Rocks 83 - I just noticed that we are at almost the same weight right now! That's so awesome. What would your ideal goal be for this challenge, if you don't mind me asking?

I also just noticed that my being on a different time zone now is going to really affect the way I use this website. I posted at lunch, and now I'm checking back before getting ready for my evening, and obviously no one's even woken up, let alone eaten the right.wrong thing or chosen to/not to exercise. I am currently living in Asia, if you're wondering why it seems I'm posting at the oddest hours.

Anyway, good morning to you all! Have a successful day!

JOLINA
04-28-2011, 10:22 AM
:df:

I have lost 1 pound this last week.
I am doing more work outdoors in my garden as the weather warms up this spring. I started about 24 Wild Chinese peach trees this week and spread several bags of mulch in my asparagus plot.
Today I am going to prepare 2 new strawberry patches for planting this weekend. Fruit prices are going to double, so I am going to grow my own from now on. Then I can regulate how much sugar, if any, goes into my juice.
More exercize means more weight loss, I hope.

:goodvibes:

K3LL3Y
04-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi All,
Just checking in. Doing very well staying on plan 100% and even got in a little extra exercise this week. My weight is starting to get stuborn so every little bit extra helps. Hope you are all doing well. I look forward to everyone's update his weekend ;)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-28-2011, 12:21 PM
welcome ladies! Good luck on the challenge.

I am finally going down on the scale!! I have stayed on plan and it's working very well.

cw: 275.5
gw: 247

caramelkitty
04-28-2011, 12:56 PM
Count me in for 35lb by July 29th.
It's now or never.
I know I can do it. I'll stay on my 1200 cals a day & do it right.

Snowbrocade
04-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Hi all!

My internet was out yesterday and I couldnt check in--I missed you all!

So I have managed one week on plan--there have been moments when I was trying to fudge or negotiate more food but I got past it. You all are big help.

**re: water retention--I started drinking 96 oz of water cuz I heard that it boosted the metabolism. I found that this really helped with water retention--I guess it keep my system flushed.

Jolina: wild chinese peaches--yum! I think I will be swinging by to pick some of those they sound delish!

Welcome to all the new challengers--the more the merrier!:carrot:

sno

SMSDREAMER2007
04-28-2011, 07:02 PM
welcome everyone to the challenge!!!

Snowbrocade
04-29-2011, 04:58 PM
Hi everyone:

Happy Friday and day 8 of this challenge! Just had my walk and am working on drinking water.

sno

iaradajnos
04-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Checking in a day late. I've lost a pound (which is on plan), did all my workouts (4xweek), and walked way more than 3 miles a day. Today, I even walked eight miles and might get in another one still (my feet are really tired). I did have off plan food this week. Since I came out on goal, I'm not really worried about it. However, I'm looking to do 100% this next week. Still haven't bought a scale yet but want to this weekend (especially since my doctor's office has a completely different number than I do).

Anyway, glad for the momentum that everyone's creating doing and hope it continues.

Focused Lani
04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi 100%ers!! I've been OP lately though it's getting cold in OZ at the moment so I feel like comfort food. Did anyone catch the Royal wedding, Kate looked gorgeous!

Ish - Welcome! your plan sounds great, congrats on the 3lbs loss

Jolina - I've always wanted an edible garden, however as I'm renting I'm unable to do it. I can't think of a more enjoyable exercise then gardening.

Snowbrocade - I'm working on drinking more water this week too and getting more sleep. Have a good weekend.

91 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 361
GW - 340

ish
04-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

iaradajnos Good on you for all the walking. I want to start a walking regimen of my own.

Focused Lani I feel your pain. It's looking to be a very rainy weekend here in Seoul, and nothing makes me more relaxed and accepting of comfort foods. I do love the rain, though. Hopefully the weather improves where you are over the weekend.

I'm mid-day six, and I am happy to report that I am down another pound and a half (this first week back has been good to me). I went out with a few of my girlfriends for dinner and wine last night, but I indulged in moderation.

I haven't made an effort to lose weight since I began my new job, but it seems like I may be burning more calories during the day than I realized. I'm a kindergarten teacher, so I am always moving around, bending down, picking up, etc. I had just let my eating get out of control! Maybe weight loss will be easier because of my non-sedentary job. I hope so :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

pixie sticks
04-29-2011, 11:13 PM
Hello folks!
(I keep wanting to say "Hello Ladies". Sorry to all the guys. :D)

I'm just a couple days into this, but I'm doing well. I've stayed under my daily points all week. I'm currently eating Hershey Kisses from Easter. I had lasagna for dinner. And as of when I weighed myself this morning, I am down 4 pounds from last Sunday. I love Weight Watchers!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
04-30-2011, 01:44 AM
iara wtg on the lb lost!

ish- I hope so too!

Pixie- That awesome!!! wtg!

Just a quick check in, didnt get to do the 30DS today but eh, ill do it tomorrow. On plan for cals. soooo tired today tho, I overindulged on easter, so ive been eating realy low cal over the week, i cant wait till sun when I get to go back to cycling! LOL

Snowbrocade
05-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Hello everyone:

had a decent day today--felt hungry after dinner even though my stomach was full. I had some gum to tide me over. I choose to take this as a sign of losing weight!

Not much weight loss this week but that usually happens when I lose a lot one week the following week is slow or even a small swing up. anyway I know that no matter what if I stay on 1250 calories for 100 days I will lose considerable weight--certainly I would gain weight if not on plan for the next 90 days. so just measuring my progress by days on plan rather than teh scale.

anyway good luck to everyone this weekend and keep it going!

Sno

Focused Lani
05-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi all! The plan I'm on encourages self-experimentation so I'll be tweaking my plan over the next 30 days to see what works best for me. I'm going to mess with my fat intake, carb intake, re-feed days and general calories. The scale is going to bounce around a bit, I might have some weeks where I gain - but hopefully it will be worth it. :) So what plan is everyone else on?

90 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 361
GW - 340

SMSDREAMER2007
05-01-2011, 03:48 AM
im on calorie counting, but I cycle my calories, high one day, low the next wtc. Seems to work for me.

ish
05-01-2011, 10:33 AM
I'm calorie counting too. Seven days strong!

I counted far too many calories today, unfortunately, but the important thing is that I counted them and I am continuing where I left off, not throwing in the towel like I usually would. Still 100% on plan in my books.

Weekends are awfully hard!

iaradajnos
05-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Glad to see everyone's progress. It's so strange to be grateful to each slightly warmer day in New England while Australia begins to see colder days. With the Spring holiday over for those who celebrate, it seems like these next 100 days are a good time (though I saw someone with a birthday coming). Dreamer's plan seems focused on personal needs and looks great. Sno's patience in seeing some slow downs after a weight loss is inspiring. Focused Lani's plan seems great and helps master nutrition details. Welcome, ish, I know that busy job will be great help as you're on 100%/100days. I appreciate everyone sharing their ups and downs.

On Sat, I got my workout in early and ate healthy food. In general, I'm eating great choices, avoiding over indulging, and keeping exercise up. The downside is that I want to count calories to make sure I'm losing and not just maintaining. Yesterday I made home-made waffles (with Truvia and very low oil) and ate only a few (with maple syrup) with unsweetened almond milk and tofu links. I don't know the calorie counts though (so can't tell where I was for the day). I avoided an indulgence at a bagle shop and only got a non-fat yogurt cup. For dinner, we went to the Thai shop on our block and I ate steamed veggies with peanut sauce (no rice) and tofu appetizer. Sounds great for the day but I'm positive I had more calories than I wanted (it was fried tofu with a Tbsp of a jam like dipping sauce and peanut sauce is probably high cal). For a maintenance lifestyle, these are awesome choices but I'm on 100%/100days weight loss. So, I'm honing in on 100%. I haven't been documenting calories but just making sure meals were within the right range. I did suffer from all the walking on Friday and more walking on Saturday.

After I get in my regular workout, I am taking it easy today and avoiding too much walking. I'm pulling out that notebook and writing all food down from today. I haven't been 100% accurate in transparency with documenting so assume I'm not 100% on consumption. I'm not hitting my head with it all but the goal is achieveable if I concentrate and don't slack off.

Will be buying that scale today. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday. Over the years, I've always been 10 pounds heavier on their scales than at home or work (drives me crazy). However these past few months, the doctor's scales have been off 20 pounds. Am I living in a dream world? How can I fit nicely in the clothes I wore at 142 pounds two years ago and be 162 pounds at the doctor's office. I'm really shocked at the huge difference. I accounted for the fact that the doctor's appointments are usually after lunch and while I'm fully dressed. But really how much can you add on? I can't imagine that it's 10 pounds of food, liquid and clothes. I don't weigh at the office anymore so I haven't compared. I'm buying a scale today and really hope I'm not 20 pounds heavier than I think I am. Will let all know tomorrow. I usually update my 3fc s/c/g weight on Mondays.

kristian130
05-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey guys just checking in!! so far so good weighing myself tomarrow. Also gym tomarrow as well. I just spent like 200 bucks on a gorgeous Besty Johnson bathingsuit. This will help me get motivated to work out more. Good luck everyone!

Snowbrocade
05-01-2011, 03:57 PM
Kristian: I love Betsy! I bet the suit is cute.

Iarajadajnos and Lani: I think it is wise to figure out what works for you--being conscious of what you do is a really important step. I did this for the first few months of this year keepign track of what I do and trying different plans to see what works best for me.

So far it seems calories are the best way for me to lose--and keepign an eye on the carbs. I tried the low carb thing and it works at first but then stops working and I lose energy. I am also working on portions I think that will help when I am in maintenance.

I think my big area that I need to work on is perserverance--I get tired of trying so hard and want a break but then the break puts me back where I started. so I need to work on just staying where I am. Thats why a hundred days--I figure I can do it for a hundred days and then re-evaluate. I want to stay conscious of the long term rewards instead of the short term--hardest to do!

I have thought about some calorie cycling but I think I will wait to try that. sms maybe you could write a little about how that works?

Sno

K3LL3Y
05-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Calorie counting and food journal going well. I've been keeping up every day and even weekends.(it's harder usually because I tend to be away from the internet)
First week with the 100% group and I'm down 2lbs!
Hope you all had a great and healthy weekend :)

Snowbrocade
05-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Super congrats, Kelley--you are on the verge of onederland!!

Staying on plan, increased my walking slightly and am working on reducing carbs a bit to see if it will give me a push.

Keep it up all!

Sno

11/11

Dog Rescue Mama
05-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi all just checking in. I started my 100 day challenge a bit early because I had just started my diet and wanted it to feel more on level for me. So today is the end of my third week of ZERO cheats and staying on plan. Never thought I could do 3 weeks strait without cheating. With all the healthy food I'm eating I'm noticing huge differences. I naturally wake up around 7 am rather then hit the snooze and try to stay in bed. I have so much more energy (haven't even started an exercise program yet). I feel less "depressed" and look forward to days with a much brighter perspective. I think I was very vitamin deficient combined with eating far to much processed foods that were truly clogging every part of my body. My first week I lost 5lbs, second week I lost 9, and this week I lost 2lbs. I am guessing I'll hit a 2lb loss a week now that my diet is settling. Here's hoping any ways.

I can't wait till I see more visual physical effects on my body as we all progress on our 100 days. Here's a toast (low calorie one haha) to all of us as we progress through our challenge!!!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-02-2011, 04:43 PM
Just checking in 100 days 100% going well! WOOT WOOT.

Snow, The calorie cycling thing is pretty simple I will have say 1500-1600 cals one day, the next have about 1200 then go back to the 1600 cals the 3rd day. Every once in a while bout once every week ro two, I will throw a high day in there like 1800-2000 cals, once in a while those cals will go even higher(maybe once every month or two) sometimes I eat 2 days in a row at 1200 or 2 days at 1600 I try to never keep the pattern consistent that way my metabolism cant keep up and get used to the cycling. at first I found it SOOOOO hard to keep cals down, but now most days I have a hard time getting to 1200 cals then I have ot force myself to 1600, which tells me it might be time for a 2500 day soon, I don't want my metabolism to get comfy at 1200 cals, then I will eventually stall and not be able to lower cals.

iaradajnos
05-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi everyone. Great job for K3ll3Y and Dog Rescue Mama on 100% for weeks. That's great. I'm reading along and think it's just great. I can't imagine planning cal counting cycling but maybe have done without planning, SMSDREAMER2007.

Bought that scale yesterday and weighed in at 162. I'm pretty dumbstruck. I can't figure out if I've never known my real weight or what. I owned a scale in 2009 for the whole weight loss and got down to 142. I owned size 6 and 8 sized clothes. I'm fitting in to most of those now. So, I don't understand. If I'm supposed to lose 17 pounds to get to the top of my healthy BMI, then I have no clue what a healthy person looks like.

So I went through the day feeling super duper "blah--like I'd gained 17 pounds. By this afternoon, I'm feeling better since I really didn't just gain 17 pounds and I think I look pretty great. I know that I had 12 pounds to lose in my mind so I'm going to go ahead and lose that, then take stock of my situation.

My primary goal is to be at a healthy weight with hopes of preventing cancer (almost every woman in my own family and extended has had serious cancer and many have died). So it's a huge motivator when I think of healthy fitness.

I've written down everything for two full days and was able to keep my focus today at a meeting with yummy dinner provided with tons of leftovers (my weakness because I think "ah, that yummy stuff's going to waste?"). I'm on track.

Hope everyone's great. Glad to have this thread.

Focused Lani
05-02-2011, 06:46 PM
I've put on some weight! But I've still been OP and my official weigh in day isn't 'till Sat so I'm hoping to have a bit of a loss by then :) Yesterday I spent a few hours fishing at the beach and running up and down the dunes with my daughter, okay she was running and I was huffing, slipping and slowing her down lol it was fun though, at the top of each one I did a little Rocky-type dance. I can't wait till I can BEAT her up the dunes :D

Ish - Weekends are the hardest time for me too, congrats for continuing to count your calories for an off day and getting right back on track :)

SMSDreamer - I do calorie cycling of sorts too, except I have 're-feed' days where I spike my calories and carbs. I find it really helps in keeping things moving.

Iaradajnos - The goal of health is an excellent idea, numbers tend to be just . . . math! lol And I was never any good at maths in school. Congrats on the NSV at the meeting!

K3LL3Y - Good one on the 2lbs! :carrot:

Dog Rescue Mama - 3 weeks at 100%! No small feat, and your losses have been great.

88 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 361
GW - 340

DTerminedOne1219
05-02-2011, 06:46 PM
If i could still join that would be great! I think it would be a good idea for me to put my goals in writing to keep me pushing for it! I would love to shoot for a 30 pound loss. It would bring me down out of the 200's for the first time in like forever!! I'm usually pretty good about staying OP so i'd like to try and commit to working out on a regular basis. Plus, this goal is perfect because i'm working on training to run a 5k in september! So this will coincide wonderfully!

iaradajnos
05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks, Focused Lani. Welcome DTerminedOne1219. It's great to have that 5K right out in front to keep it all working!

ish
05-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Congrats Kelley and Dog Rescue Mama! Good work! :)

Iara- I'm in a similar position w/r/t my weight - I have a scale I know is consistent, but I'm not 100% positive it's stating from an accurate point. I'm living abroad and I've jumped on a bunch of different scales in one day (they weigh in kg here) only to find different readings. Scales are also hard to find! Asian people don't have the same north american focus on weight numbers, it seems. Anyway, I just bought the one that read the highest, that way when I go home I can only go lower. It's better to base a lot on how you look and feel, anyway.

Speaking of numbers, my scale is suddenly reading high this morning. I forgot how much I hate that. I know I didn't eat 7000 extra calories yesterday (I ate exactly my 1500) but somehow I'm up 2 pounds (salt or whatever, I guess). Just letting it go... I want to keep feeling successful. :)

Have a good evening everyone!

Snowbrocade
05-03-2011, 04:48 PM
HI all:

I loved reading all the posts and hearing how everyone is doing. It is very inspiring.

My walk is done for the day and I also did some digging in the garden. I am getting ready to plant my summer garden--I have some tomato sprouts already and I have some bean and pea seeds in plastic bags for sprouting. I still have some lettuce that is growing slowly but I will add more and my carrots are thriving. I plant a lot of those now cuz they are always good and last a long time in the ground. also want to add some green onions. broccoli and cauliflower has never done well here so I may just stop that.

Yesterday I ate more protein and and less carb. And today I am down a pound. Not sure if that was just weight loss that was coming or if it was the lower carb but I will do it again today and see how it all comes together.

Ish and Iara--those gol durned scales. i cant do without them tho cuz I get feedback on how I am eating and get the reality check of if I am overdoing it.

Determined one: good to have you join us. we are near each other in weight and like you I am focused on getting below 200--that is when I really start looking good.

congrats to everyone on keeping it 100% no matter what the scale sez--we know if we stick with out plan that we will see progress!!

FAilure is not an option!

12/12 100%

sno

Focused Lani
05-03-2011, 06:07 PM
Hi beautiful 100%ers! Just a quick accountability check, the scale is still bouncing around - hopefully it will decide what it wants to do soon! :)

87 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 361
GW - 340

JOLINA
05-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I lost another pound this past week. And I worked in my garden half of the day today. The sun finally came out and warmed everything up. I am faithfully counting my calories and getting more exercize.
I am keeping my calories below 1675/day.

Best of luck to everyone!

:goodscale

Snowbrocade
05-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Dear all;

quick check in--all is in order today doing my 100!

sno

13/13

SMSDREAMER2007
05-05-2011, 12:49 AM
iara - I don't know if I know my true weight either My scale is bipolar! But its great to know that you weigh! As ofor the weight gain and your pants we have a lot of vanity sizing these days meaning sizes are bigger than standard. Also, you may not have gained only fat, it might be muscle, might be bone, you dont know. Thats where body composition comes in to it, the BMI is really just a guideline, its best to use your own judgement.

focused- Im in the same boat, my scale says ive gained, but ive been OP and I dont feel bloated :\

dt- :welcome: always glad to have more ppl

ish - Ditto

snow- sounds like a wonderful garden!! people trample mine...so I never bother :\

jolina- WTG!!!

just kinda blah, still on plan cal wise even tho Ive had some high days. Scale says im up, idk y Meh. Still plugging here tho.

iaradajnos
05-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Checking in on Thursday. First to all of you, you all rock. SMSDREAMER, I would have had milk up my nose if'd I'd been drinking with your "bi-polar" scale. So true. Sno's perseverance is really the mantra on my mind. Pixie sticks, I saw you're down 4 pounds which is so awesome! Ish, you're super for keeping on plan even with an up day on the scale. I really liked Dog Rescue Mama's thoughts about being healthier and waking up naturally with all this clean livin'. I do also feel so much better (may have masked my weight gain since I'm just so much more positive, healthy, and such). Way to go for Jolina on the faithful cc and losing a pound.

I've been 100% for four days (I've been 90%ing it for a bit but that darn scale motivated me up). My plan is 1500 daily cals, 3 miles minimum walking, and 4xweek aerobics workout (my dvd at home). I've been under 1400 three days and 1500 one. I've done 5 miles walking most days but always 3 miles ore more. I've workout as scheduled (Sun, Tues, Thurs). Included in each day's caloried allowance is one Reece's chocolate piece. It shocks me that when I'm this motivated I can totally eat one piece of my super favorite candy (with a large remaining pile in the bag) but stay on track. I did this in 2009 and never waivered (as far as I recall) the whole eight months.

Today's a great day as I worked out this morning, walked 1.5 miles already, and have a doctor's appt about 1.5 miles away (and no bus route to cheat with) and a fairly good weather day for walking. I have to do 4 more miles later today because I walk 2-miles round trip to pick up kids after school and another 2-miles round trip to take them to karate.

I'm really excited and motivated to keep up 100%'ing it. Woo Hoo.

kateleestar
05-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I'm 8 for 8. YEY! I'm saving some calories for a little margarita tonight... It IS cinco de mayo, lol...

I think I'm going to try calorie cycling. It's EASY for me to be at 12/13/1400 for Mon-Thurs but the weekends, the 1600 kiiiiillllllllllls me. YEY. Modify the plan to suit my needs!

Focused Lani
05-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Weigh in day tomorrow - this could be a gain week ack! I have a habit of dropping 4lbs like a hot potato (b4 gaining 1-2 back and stabilizing for a week) so it would be nice if that drop happened on weigh in day! lol would be able to put a loss on my sig next week. I'm thinking of skipping my high calorie day this week, just. really. can't. be. bothered.

Jolina - nice loss!

Iaradajnos - awesome workout plan, you are a machine!

SMSDreamer - I think our scales should do some therapy together, I feel mine is sadistic and likes to torture me with great losses then slowly ads them back on again lol - I'm thinking of trying 30 days scale free but I'm afraid I'll get lax on my plan hmm

Kateleester - congrats on the 8 days POP :)

85 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - 361 Still!
GW - 340

Snowbrocade
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi all!

so I have done 14 days on plan--and have lost 7 lbs altogether so I cant complain. well I could but then you all would beat me up:)

I am trying a higher cal day today to see if that will work for me--maybe one every two weeks? we'll see how it goes.

Iardajnos: thanks for the details on your plan--awesome~! I am totally with you on the being able to eat one piece of candy. thats the kind of thing I want to be able to do--dieting doesnt last forever and developing good habits around treats is the way to go in my book. I did this thing a while back where I got one piece of candy every other day--and if I had more than that my pledge was to throw it out. so I stuck with it.

Lani and SMS; one time when I was on weight watcher they weighed me in at 5 pounds up even though I had been on plan. the following week I was 7 lbs down! they didnt know what to say. so even tho I weigh often I still take it with a grain--it is the perfect example of if you stay on plan it will come off just in a way that can make you crazy! And the older I get the slower I lose and the quicker I gain.

kate; congrats on 8/8! we will conquer!

sno

SMSDREAMER2007
05-06-2011, 10:57 AM
Just checking in, My scale and measuring tape have quit being bipolar YAYY!!! thats so friggen awesome to me!!

Yes, I have been scale obsessed this week LOL. i don't like it when objects go bipolar. It actually gave me the same number EACH TIME i stepped on it!! still waking up here *yawn* more later :hug: all WE CAN DO IT!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

DTerminedOne1219
05-06-2011, 03:31 PM
So its been a while since my first post. Have been MIA for a bit because i was sick. Have been up and down with the food and staying on track but pretty much have been OP. I'll justify by saying ive been "cycling" my calories haha. Have splurged on some things i should and that combined with not exercising because i cant breathe doesnt really help. But if my calculations are correct i should be seeing a loss when i step on the scale for the first time in like 2 to 3 weeks. Ive been avoiding it because of the TOM and not being fully dedicated to the plan but, hey, this is a challege right? So i'm going to stay focused.

I start Turbo Fire on monday and start running again on sunday so sunday will be the first official way in... we shall see how that goes. Based on numbers alone, i should be down about 4 pounds but i dont know that ill see anything. Trying to keep sodium in check though and have been drinking a TON of water. I already feel better so maybe the scale will reflect that, even if its just in a tiny way! So if i see the loss that i'm expecting, i will be about a quarter of the way to my goal which puts me right on track to meeting it!

I probably wont be able to post until then, but i will if i can. Thanks for all the welcomes!

Snowbrocade
05-06-2011, 06:51 PM
just checking in--staying strong!

ish
05-06-2011, 10:52 PM
Just checking in. Today should be 13/13, but who am I kidding? I have not been giving 100% and the scales reflect that.

I lost 4.5 pounds in 13 days on a weak attempt at 100%, I'm starting again today to see what a true attempt will bring. I hope no one minds.

1/1 - calories under 1400 and significant exercise every day

kristian130
05-07-2011, 12:00 AM
Just checking in, My scale and measuring tape have quit being bipolar YAYY!!! thats so friggen awesome to me!!

Yes, I have been scale obsessed this week LOL. i don't like it when objects go bipolar. It actually gave me the same number EACH TIME i stepped on it!! still waking up here *yawn* more later :hug: all WE CAN DO IT!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Yeah thats the problem I'm having today i woke up and weighed myself at 168 three times....the a half hour later for ****s and giggles I did it again at 171.5 wtf? i hadnt eaten anything either.weird. anyways normally i would get depressed about that but i went to the gym today going tomarrow as well. I wanna be out of the 160s hopefully in the next two weeks.

Glad your scale is behaving! waiting for mine to decide whats going on lol. I'm just going to keep working out.

susiemartin
05-08-2011, 08:06 AM
If it's not too late to join count me in. I've been more or less stalled since late last year.

100 days /100% will take me to August 16. This morning I weighed 252.8...ugh....

A 100 days of proper eating and exercise could really make that change ;)

See you tomorrow....

Focused Lani
05-08-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey all, still 100% on plan, the scales were driving me nuts so I'm not going to weigh in until May 31st - if everything goes well then I'll weigh monthly from now on :) I've modified my plan a bit - after 2 months of eating legumes 3 times a day I am SICK of them :P so I'm replacing the carbs in them with small amounts of dairy and starchy veg.

It's good to see that everyone is going well!

82 days to go.

SW - 365
CW - Scale Free 'till May 31st
GW - 340

K3LL3Y
05-08-2011, 09:41 PM
Hi all, just checking in. I only lost 1 lb this week but it was enough to get me below the 200 mark so Hooray!!!
I had some supper stress with work this week so I indulged a bit at happy hour on Friday. But, it's a new week and we're back on track after a nice weather weekend. I am going to up the anti a bit and start the couch to 5K tomorrow morning. It's time to kick my exercise into a higher gear. Wish me luck everyone :-)

Snowbrocade
05-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Hi all:

doing real well on plan except yesterday I forgot to log somethign on my calorie count and I accdintally went over for the day. I need to be more careful and try to log in stuff in advance. Oh well--I am 16 out of 17. thats pretty good!

take care all

sno

susiemartin
05-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Off to a good start. Yesterday is 1/1 :)

DTerminedOne1219
05-09-2011, 01:51 PM
So just an update. I have an official goal now. Working on hitting 185 by August 1st. That my 100 days of OP weight loss. I started 2 weeks ago and as if by some magic, my calorie counting worked out PERFECTLY for an exact loss of 3.89 lbs. Its a bit slow and steady but a loss is a loss! Starting the major work out schedule this week and hoping to kick things into gear in order to meet my goal. 185 would put me at a total loss of 32 lbs in 100 days and i am totally going to make that happen!!! These challenges are so helpful!!

I lost 3.9lbs of my 32 lb goal. Which leaves me 28.1 to lose in 91 days!

Totally going to make this happen!

Snowbrocade
05-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Hi all:

doing fine and dandy over here--down two lbs since yesterday which made me happy--I had stayed at the same weight for almost two weeks after the initial boost--typical for me to to lose in spurts.

One of my best victories was on the day I accidentally went over on calories--when I realized I was over I had the thought of eating more since I had "blown" the day. that could have led to a binge. but i decided that the 150 cals I was over was not going to make a big diff to my overall loss--and if I ate more it might. so I stayed cool and didnt eat more. I am pleased!

determined--you and I have similar goals-- I want to be 187 by end of july and we are both 213! we can do this!! BTW 3.9 lbs in two weeks is basically 2 lbs a week which in my opinion is perfect--any more and too much stress on the body.

lani: good job on staying on plan--the scale will ultimately go down--just think what it would say if you werent on plan!! I know I can easily gain 2 lbs a day.

Kelley: congrats on onederland!! that is such a great feeling. I will be there with you soon!

Have a wonderful 100% day everyone!!!:cheer2::cheer3:

sno

Snowbrocade
05-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Off to a good start. Yesterday is 1/1 :)

good job susie--the more the merrier!

susiemartin
05-10-2011, 08:55 AM
I'm doing better - today is 2/2 :)

Focused Lani
05-10-2011, 09:37 AM
okay I would be lying if I said I was 100% today :(

Infact I was so awfuly bingetastic that I have NO right to continue with my count - so this is a VERY sheepish Lani signing in for Day 0!
C'mon 100 days at 100%!!!

100 days to go.

SW - 361
GW - 341

Snowbrocade
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Lani--good job on posting anyway--its not so important that we go off,its how quickly we get back on that counts!

okay I would be lying if I said I was 100% today :(

Infact I was so awfuly bingetastic that I have NO right to continue with my count - so this is a VERY sheepish Lani signing in for Day 0!
C'mon 100 days at 100%!!!

100 days to go.

SW - 361
GW - 341

iaradajnos
05-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I was really excited with my week summary on Sunday. I lost 1.4 then happily spent the day logging all my stats (all the averages for the week hit each of my goals). I really appreciate the Thursday official check-ins in this thread as I'll have two opportunities to keep myself going. I also joined in on the 40's summer group (can't recall the exact name). I promised to contine with my plan 1500 cals a day, 3 miles walk minimum a day, and 4 times workout a week. Two extras for incentives are to try to get two days at 1250 and to reduce my caffeine (about 55 oz diet mountain dew a morning).

I think I under valued an appetizer for Mother's Day but I'm not sure (restaurant food). I got stuck on the road unexpectedly on Monday so had a higher day than wanted. I am looking at my week totals so my incentive to get in two lower cal days to balance out.

Congrats to Kelley. Woo Hoo!

Welcome to Susie.

Lani, thank you so much for keeping up with the log and sharing. I think you're right on track with the attitude--start at 1 and just keep going!

Snow thanks for all the motivating check ins, hellos and support. Great thread here.

DTerminedOne1219
05-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Just a quick check in. OP for calories today at 1168. and down to 212 as of yesterday! But at the gym tonight i was at 212 with my sneakers on too so i think im even below that! I can tell this week is going to show an awesome weigh in! keep up the good work!

And snow, yep. sure sounds like we have pretty identical plans! i plan to blow that 30 lbs right outta the water! haha

susiemartin
05-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Still going - 3 of 3 :)

JOLINA
05-12-2011, 09:23 AM
:coffee:

I have lost another pound this week. Still counting my calories and staying on plan.
I figure my menu for the day every morning. And add up the total calories in the menu.
It helps me to stay focused on dieting.

:book2:

kristian130
05-12-2011, 12:52 PM
This is gonna be a rough week for me. but I'll get through. I've been going to the gym reguarly now and doing a great job. The other night i went out with the girls. I did drink and eat some fried food that im not too proud of, but im off to the gym again in a bit.tomarrow im getting tattooed on my whole back soooo working out is going to be a ***** good think i have a little puppie i can walk around the neighborhood to burn cals the first two days of healing. still scared to weight myself i can feel when i lost weight and i dont feel it now my scale is bi polar so right now im just going by measurment and how i fit in to my close and how i feel. cuz if i look at the scale i will get disapointed and give up. i cant give up. i dropped 40 pounds two years ago without even changing my diet i just worked out times a week i can do it again.

EDIT: Just got back from the gym i feel great ready to get tattooed tomarrow!

Snowbrocade
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Hi all:

happy thursday!

so I am 20/21 so far and it feels good! I think I could lose quicker if I ate less carb and more protein but it is harder to do than just calorie counting. I am working on going in that direction but not quite there yet.

I am working on adding just a little extra walking each day.

so I have 79 days to go until the 100 is completed--it goes fast! That is 11 weeks and I am still hoping to lose 2 a week on average. whatever I lose will be better than what would have happened if I had not been on plan.

Have a wonderful 100% day!!

sno

DTerminedOne1219
05-12-2011, 04:04 PM
So i just looked back over my calories since i started. I've been OP 7 of the last 10 days since i started the challenge. Thought i was doing better than that but 7/10 isnt bad. Yesterday i was still techinically OP as far as calories but i did eat pizza for dinner.. oops! Ah, just put me over for sodium but either way i was only at 1496 for calories. I dont remember if i mentioned it but my calories range from 1400-1600 a day as my allotment. I've been kind of all over the place. My bad days were 1700 at the most (which isnt horrible) and i've even had days at 1100 so im up and down. But it still seems to be working because since i started my journey i've lost 5.5 lbs! We'll see where i'm at this week... I still feel pretty good about having a decent weight loss this week so hopefully im right!

Edit: Started this challenge at 214.8 and i'm down to 212 as of Sunday. So far i've lost 2.8 lbs. I've got 90 days left to lose 27 more pounds! Totally doable. Still puts me on plan to lost about 2 lbs a week!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-12-2011, 06:38 PM
I totally failed. I am hoping im getting TOM soon (I have pcos so dont get it regularly) cause yes, I overate this week, I did it alot, I jsut coudlnt stop, but I dont see how i ate 12000 cals extra!! maybe 2000 extra or POOOSIIBLY 300 but NOT 12000 yet the scale says im up 3 lbs :?: i thought maybe waterweight, but ive been downing water and tea like crazy and nothing. Sigh

K3LL3Y
05-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Hey Dreamer, don't get down on having a bad week. TOM throws us all off.:devil:
I always hold onto weight. Don't worry it will balance out in a few days. Just try to get back on track and you'll feel better.
I'm trying hard to keep off the wine during the week. I really wanted some tonight but if I don't open the bottle then I can't have any right!
Hope everyone can stick to their plans :hug:

susiemartin
05-13-2011, 05:12 AM
Still OP - 5/5 :)

DTerminedOne1219
05-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Dreamer its been an off week for me too. I ate pizza the other day and sushi today. Just an off week. Could be i upped my exercise but regardless of the reason its all just an excuse. We know we can do this.. Brush off the bad week and make next week better! RIght?! you can do it!

SMSDREAMER2007
05-13-2011, 07:44 PM
DT- YESS!!! WE CAN!!

I am happy to report that the scale was back to 280 this am. Wish it had been down more, but ill take it over the 3lb gain! HOPEFULLY ill see 279.9 on sunday *crosses her fingers*

Dog Rescue Mama
05-13-2011, 11:26 PM
Well I've been missing in action, and missing the 3 chicks forum!!! Sadly adoptions are at an all time low in the rescue and I got to pick between dog food for my fosters or my Internet bill and, well, the dogs ate haha.

I am 4 1/2 weeks into my 100 challenge and not one cheat so far. I even made it through the mothers day BBQ without a single cheat! I have NEVER in my life stuck to a food related goal like this before. I had my weakest night 3 days ago. My FAVORATE sushi was fresh made at the stand and I was over due for my next meal. I was literally drooling. I even got in line and stared at it, trying to justify how it is healthy so isn't truly a cheat. In the end I was able to walk away and I'm so proud of myself.

I've just started exercising. I didn't start out with food and exercise changes at once because I know myself well enough to know to many changes to fast and I'll fail and get discouraged. So now I'm committing to exercise also. I started at 199 lbs 4 1/2 weeks ago. I'm now at 178 and there is no looking back!!!!

Snowbrocade
05-14-2011, 12:10 AM
Well I've been missing in action, and missing the 3 chicks forum!!! Sadly adoptions are at an all time low in the rescue and I got to pick between dog food for my fosters or my Internet bill and, well, the dogs ate haha.

I am 4 1/2 weeks into my 100 challenge and not one cheat so far. I even made it through the mothers day BBQ without a single cheat! I have NEVER in my life stuck to a food related goal like this before. I had my weakest night 3 days ago. My FAVORATE sushi was fresh made at the stand and I was over due for my next meal. I was literally drooling. I even got in line and stared at it, trying to justify how it is healthy so isn't truly a cheat. In the end I was able to walk away and I'm so proud of myself.

I've just started exercising. I didn't start out with food and exercise changes at once because I know myself well enough to know to many changes to fast and I'll fail and get discouraged. So now I'm committing to exercise also. I started at 199 lbs 4 1/2 weeks ago. I'm now at 178 and there is no looking back!!!!

Great job! You are showing us how it is done and what happens when you stay 100% on plan!!

Thank you so much for your good work for the orphaned animal companions--I feel so sad that people treat their pets this way.

susiemartin
05-14-2011, 08:32 AM
6/6 - Scale is moving :carrot:

Snowbrocade
05-14-2011, 03:17 PM
hi all:

I was going to post more yesteday but had online problem. anyway I had an offplan day on thurs but went right back on yesterday and today.

the thing I notice is my tendency to want to turn disappointment re: my adherence to plan into an excuse to overeat more. that is so self-defeating. in the long run 2 off days out of 23--I would definitely still lose--as long as I dont let those off days pile up. while my goal is 100% I cannot let myself be derailed by a less than perfect performance.

so I renew my committment to continue on for 100% for the remaining days of the challenge and look forward to continuing to take care of myself.

have a lovely 100% day all!

sno
21/23

going2bskinny
05-15-2011, 12:53 AM
I need to join this I do great when I stay on my plan but then I always cheat and binge and then that lasts for days at a time before I get back on and gain back what I lost so starting tomorrow Sunday March 15th I am starting this I will eat 1200 calories log everything I eat and at least do 20 mins of cardio everyday and weights 3 times a week. Hopefully I can stay on plan 100 percent always if I can do it for 100 days I'm also hoping I really want to get this weight off fast as I can.

Sunday March 15th Day 1

Snowbrocade
05-15-2011, 02:45 AM
HI Going to be!

welcome to this thread! you have a great attitude and goals. believe me I know how hard it is to get into gear and keep it going. but I know you can do it--I have done 100 days before and people on this thread have done it too.

I think checking in a lot keeps us honest. Its like do i want to check in about cheating or about another day I kept my promise to myself.

I havent been 100% perfect this time but am doing pretty good and plan to keep going!

take care

Sno
22/24

K3LL3Y
05-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Hi All,
Just checking in. I did well to keep on plan this week after having a bit of wine last weekend. I was rewarded with a 2lb loss so I've officially hit the 30lbs off mark! I am very excited and encouraged to keep it up.
I hope you all have had a great weekend :)

susiemartin
05-15-2011, 08:47 PM
7/7 :)

iaradajnos
05-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Hey everybody! Wow, you're all so inspirational. Dog Rescue Mama is plowin' ahead. K3LL3Y, that's great successes and nice symmetry. Susiemartin is 7/7, keep it up. Welcome to going2bskinny! Congrats to SMSDREAMER.

Sno's comments about disappointment to overeating really hit the mark for me, too. This Sunday's strange scale result was disappointing. Every extra bit was part of the slide towards "whatever". What actually kept me turning all the way from to a full blown "screw it" attitude was that I remembered 3fc folks' comments about their hard work not showing up on the scale. It really helped me and I'm so happy to have this group. Really, I so much appreciate the inspiration, honesty, perseverance, hope, and super ideas.

I'm putting in my extra walking miles and low-cal days in Sunday to Wednesday because my niece arrives from out-of-state tomorrow. I've figured out how to get my early morning workouts in for these two weeks because she sleeps in my workout space.

I'll survive tomorrow as I have work to combine with her first day--she'll go out for pizza (my worst binge food) with the family while I'm at work (whew!). Thursday's a bit of a danger as we're planning candlepin bowling and flatbread pizza! (Man, the other worst!). Next week she wants to go to a beer factory tour and I don't drink so that's an easy one. I'm up for anything I only moderately like or don't like.

Here's to keeping 3fc friends on my mind.

kristian130
05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
okay guys so i fell off my plan and im very upset. i was starting to see result and things were looking bright i got tattooed a few days ago so i havent been able to hit the gym. i weighed 168 last time i weighed myself but yesturday i weighed 170, and today it says i weigh 173???? wtf im so frustrated i feel like giving up. im really sad and feel like this is never going to happen....anyone else having similar issues??

DTerminedOne1219
05-19-2011, 01:24 PM
kristian Yep! I fell off the wagon for about a week... was not doing good at all. I knew i was off though and so i didnt step on the scale. I'm sure when i do on sunday i will be right back to where i started but i cant let it defeat me completely. Need to just keep going. I know thats such a cliche answer but its the truth. I gave myself a break and realized i was only hurting myself, not making it better..

Yes its hard work and Yes i feel like i constantly want to quit but it does get easier as you get stronger and the outcome will greatly outway the struggles on the way! I'm starting back up on monday, getting back on track and using this thread as a way to do that.

No matter what i have going on, for the rest of my 100 day challenge i WILL be shooting for 100% EVERYDAY! And i'm thinking about not weighing in until then too... accept for the 2 other challenges i'm in! Kristian, you'll be okay, an i'm here for ya if you need anything.

ANy thoughts?

Snowbrocade
05-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Hi all:

well I have been back on plan for the last six days and am still 2 lbs up from my lowest last week after which I had my cheat day--man--just one cheat day can really screw the pooch!!

Yeah--it would be nice if I could lose weight as fast as I can gain it. My dog is on a little diet and is trimming down very fast--maybe I should just eat dog food and stay away from regular food altogether! It is probably very healthy.

Well so my choices are--
1. forget about it and just eat whatever and get larger and larger
2. get stricter and eat even less tho it could cause a binge and lowering of metabolism.
3. keep doing what I am doing and accept that my weight loss will be slow and gradual but that I will eventually reach my goals

obviously three is the best choice--it aint glamorous or easy but it really is the only option. one foot after another. impatience is not my friend.

Hang in there friends!! we can do it--today can be the day that all these other choice are left behind.

Lets just keep going and finish this block of 100% days--we have 72 days left and a lot can be accomplished in that time! a few days off plan will still leave us ahead of the game.

And good job checking in iardajnos, kristian and determined--I think checking keeps us focused on what we really want for the long term. Keep checking in folks, it will work!

cheers

have a wonderful 100% day!!!

Sno
26/28

Snowbrocade
05-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Here is link to a fantastic motivational article--Drop the Fatitude!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1366

here is the beginning:

[I]You probably already know about many of the characteristics that long-term, successful "losers" have in common. They are:

Optimistic enough to put in an honest effort and see what happens. They don't fill their heads with self-defeating thoughts and negative prophecies that keep them from doing their best.
Stay focused on what they can do instead of fretting about what they can’t do.
Patient enough to take things one decision (and one day) at a time, instead of expecting instant results and losing motivation when those results don't come.
See mistakes and problems as learning opportunities instead of being demoralized by them.[I]

JOLINA
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
:hat:

Cheers every one!
I hope you are all losing weight. I am still on track and have lost another pound this week.
I have been getting so much exercize that I can barely move today and need a rest for a few days.
:beach:

I am re-landscaping my yard and have dug up almost 100 flowering plants to give away last week. They keep multiplying every year.
I am planting grapes and berries in their place, because the cost of food is expected to double soon.
:sunny:

Snowbrocade
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Well I am down another two lbs as of today and so am back on track after my lapse last week. 29 days in and another 71 to go--I could still lose another 20 if I keep it going!

Good to hear from you, Jolina! congrats on your weight loss and your persistence.

I am working on getting food planted too--even with food at their past levels I have found keeping fresh produce to be expensive. Fresh herbs are somethign I always have kept growing. I have planted lotsa beans already, have carrots and lettuce growing, potatoes, peas, tomatoes, and strawberries. I want to get some green onion sets and plant some chard I think. spinach, brocolli and cauli dont do so well here unfortunately. my sister is recommending fennel--I have some seeds.

Snowbrocade
05-22-2011, 03:04 PM
Hi all!

another wonderful 100% day! I am about to take my walk and just had my cottage cheese.

I hope everyone is having a fun weekend and losing lotsa weight!

sno

30/32

Dee Bee
05-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Hi! I'm brand new to 3FC & I love the idea of a 100 day challenge! I'll be starting mine tomorrow - be back then!!:D

beerdrinker
05-22-2011, 11:34 PM
100 days sounds great. @DeeBee, you want to work on this together? I just saw this post and 100 days would put the end date at Sept 1. (I think :P)

I keep falling off the 'wagon' and I think with a little teamwork, I could do a whole lot better.

Dee Bee
05-23-2011, 06:57 AM
100 days sounds great. @DeeBee, you want to work on this together? I just saw this post and 100 days would put the end date at Sept 1. (I think :P)

I keep falling off the 'wagon' and I think with a little teamwork, I could do a whole lot better.

Goodmorning! Today is day 1 for me!
Beerdrinker - I would love to work on this together! I think you are right about Sep 1 - that's great because it covers the whole summer. Here's to a successful first day!:carrot:

JOLINA
05-23-2011, 01:05 PM
Goodmorning! Today is day 1 for me!
Beerdrinker - I would love to work on this together! I think you are right about Sep 1 - that's great because it covers the whole summer. Here's to a successful first day!:carrot:

:welcome3:

I hope you gals lose a lot this summer. I lose about a pound a week, so maybe I will lose another 12 pounds by Sep 1. My clothes are a tad looser since I started this challenge. I want to get another size down in my clothing by fall.

Oh, my! We just got a gully washer of a rainstorm. I had to do some gardening today. I hope it dries up later.
I could use some more outdoor exercize today.
:rain:

Snowbrocade
05-23-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi all!

welcome to newbies deebee and beerdrinker--we have people joining alla time and the more the merrier! Sept 1 sounds like a wonderful goal. Our main thing is to check in at least on Thursday to report how you are doing. of course checking in more often is really key.

Jolina: your steady progress is fantastic! keep it up. maybe today is a rest day--I have heard that taking a rest day is as important for weight loss as is exericise days.

not much to report today--I am visualizing getting on the scale and it saying 211--two lbs down. hope to make it by thursday.

Cheers!

Have a wonderful 100% day!

Sno

30/32

Live Laugh Love
05-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Hey everyone. This sounds like exactly what I need. Tomorrow will be Day 1 and my goal is to go to September 1st. I will use tomorrow's weight as my starting weight. I hope to lost 30 pounds in 100 days by exercising at least 3 days per week, 30 minutes each time and eating between 1200-1600 calories.

avianna102938475
05-23-2011, 10:39 PM
ive been half *** doing this or about a month (i went over like 6 times) but that was eating 1100 calories but not total like net(ex.id eat 1400 and exercise off 350 calories to get my net calories down to 1100ish )does tht still count lol...?
anyways im up for the challenge because if it delivers the results you say. i shall love you forever

K3LL3Y
05-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey All,
Had the big test this weekend. 4 days away with all the girlfriends at the beach. Eating healthy while everyone is celebrating is very difficult indeed. I went over my calories on Saturday but doubled my miles Fri/Sat/Sun to make up for it as much as possible. Over all I think I was pretty successful with no overall weight gain for the 4 days :)
Lesson learned, you can totally survive in the real world while in the middle of a diet.
Hope everyone has had a great weekend and is enjoying some warmer weather today :)

RoseOfPain
05-24-2011, 09:59 AM
I want to join! I started yesterday May 23! My goal is 1,200-1,500 cal/day (more like 1,200).

Live Laugh Love
05-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Ok, so I weighed myself this morning to get my starting weight and wow, was I a little shocked (not in a good way). I was expeting my weight to be in the high 190s, but no, it was 204!!!!!! I know it's water weight since I weighed 197 last week, but still. This is the highest weight I've ever seen on the scale. Definitely gives me the motivation I need though!

So, I hope to be at or below 174 by September 1, 2011.

Snowbrocade
05-25-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi all:

all going well--I am feeling good and on track--just keep reminding myself of my goals!

Welcome to Newbies Livelaughlove, rosie of pain and avianna! the more the merrier friends and keep us posted!!

Have a wonderful 100% day all!

Sno

32/34

Dog Rescue Mama
05-25-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm on day 45 on my 100 day challenge and I'm still at zero cave ins and no cheats. I am down from 201 lbs to 173.9 lbs. I plan to make this entire 100 days at 100%! I can and will do this!

JOLINA
05-26-2011, 02:36 AM
:rain:
I have been trying to get some exercize in between all the rainstorms we've had for the last 2 weeks now.
But I've still managed to lose another pound this week. So far, so good.
But I have been so very hungry for the last 5 days.
All my clothes are getting more comfortable, and some are so baggy, I'll have to toss them out soon.

Best of luck to all of you this coming week!

:goodscale:

iaradajnos
05-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Hello everyone and all the newbies. I'm back from a busy work and guest week. My niece was in from out-of-town and I took off a couple days to hang out. I haven't had a chance to do my full weekly summaries that I've been doing in my "handy dandy notebook" or on my Excel chart. Last week, I had one "off the charts" day because I gave in to my 10 yr old's birthday, niece and hectic life. I got all my exercise in and lots of walking. I moderated my food and more walking to try to at least have some balancing out. I lost 2.4 pounds but as folks said earlier it was probably compensating for my TOM over the past week (where I GAINED 2 pounds after a perfect week). I didn't get a chance to get my measurements done, either.

I had two off the charts day this week because of the sun, lovely friends' picnic to honor my niece, and sun (twice listed because it's been a lot of rain lately). I'm disappointed but not going to knock myself up. If I go too extreme I can binge/purge which is NOT an option any longer. I modified my calories down to compensate for the extreme days. I hope to see a pound loss on Sunday's weigh in.

I also have to modify my exercise as a result of my physical therapy appointment. I can't exercise my arms for two weeks to resolve a chronic shoulder injury (over exercising). I now need to find alternative aerobics to get my exercise in. I think it means that I'll have to workout five times but no arms plus keep up my 3-5 mile walking per day.

Good golly, Miss Molly, I'm so happy for Dog Rescue Mama! Awesome and such an inspiration. Way to go K3LL3Y for vacationing on plan. Yeah for Jolina and Sno. Welcome to the newbies. It's a great plan and I'm glad this thread continues on with new folks.

Snowbrocade
05-26-2011, 06:41 PM
I'm on day 45 on my 100 day challenge and I'm still at zero cave ins and no cheats. I am down from 201 lbs to 173.9 lbs. I plan to make this entire 100 days at 100%! I can and will do this!

you are my hero DRM!!!

Okay share--what plan are you on to lose almost 30 lbs in 45 days?

Snowbrocade
05-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi all:

just came in from a massive gardening day-I have not completely finished so I have to go out again!!

I had a very cool moment this morning: I woke up at about 5 am and my stomach felt a little off and I thought that it was from overeating because that is a feeling i have had so many times. then I realized I was staying on plan and I felt so glad!!!

Cheers all!

sno

33/35

Dog Rescue Mama
05-26-2011, 10:57 PM
you are my hero DRM!!!

Okay share--what plan are you on to lose almost 30 lbs in 45 days?

I just basically wrote it out in reply to a diffrent thred / topic so i'll just copy and paste it here. Happy to chat about it any time and if you private message me i'll send you my phone # to tell you over the phone. I've come up with some amazing filling respiees!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm the same way! A nutritional friend set up my "diet" for me but basically it isn't a diet, just a healthier way of eating. I limit my carbs to whole grains and natural foods such as yogurts, sweet potatoes, etc. I just avoid highly refined carbs like noodles or white bread. I could still eat those BUT they would not fill me for the calorie allotment. Why would I want a 1/4 slice of bread when the same calories would give me an entire bowl of stir fry veggies??? My diet has 2 rules, eat 6 times a day (to help control my hypoglycemia) and eat around 1200 calories. I'm eating very healthy with plenty of veggies, healthy "whole" meats (not processed crap), fruit, and natural carbs. If my calories are a bit under or over who cares it is ok.

Now I've set my 100 day challenge to eat no desserts or refined carbs for 100 days but that is because I need to retrain my mind and body on how I view food. I turn to desserts and refined carbs for my comfort foods. With that coping mechanism gone I have to deal with my issues and find healthy approaches. Thus far I'd say I'm doing pretty good I've gone from 201 lbs to 172.5 lbs in 6 1/2 weeks. And I'm FULL all day long and have no more cravings. I don't need to worry about vitamin supplements or shakes to fill in nutritional deficiencies ether because I'm eating healthy and balanced. Heck I just ate a meal that was 197 calories and was a full serving of fish, a serving of parsnips, and a baby bok choy all steamed in a low sodium teriyaki sauce. I get to eat like that 6 times a day, I never feel deprived at all! I LOVE my "diet"!

The best part is that it seems to be reversing my hypoglycemia! Soon I'll go to 3 bigger meals with 2 snacks a day. I can eat happily like this the rest of my life and I think that's the key to keeping the weight off. I tried all those extreme diets and I failed every time and for me at least the reason why is that I was not willing to give up my habits. I wanted a fake version of what I was eating normally. I'd go right back to my old habits having learned nothing. I also realized that until you are truly ready to make the change you will fail. I wanted to be thin, really bad. Trouble was I wasn't willing to give up my goodies and habits. Till I was ready I would fail time and time again. Not that my way is the way, this is just what I learned about myself. I also had to come to grips with the fact it may take a great amount of time to loose the weight, after all it took years to get in the first place!

Dog Rescue Mama
05-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Oh and today i'm at 172.5 lbs woo hoo!

K3LL3Y
05-27-2011, 06:35 AM
Congratulations Dog Rescue Mama!
Way to go on the weight loss. Also, love your nutritional outlook. Very good advice for everyone on here. Everyone needs to stop using that word 'diet' and instead take a total nutrition approach to food.

Keep it up everyone :)

iaradajnos
05-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Great plan, DogRescueMama. If I concentrate on my plan, it's similar to yours but I don't have your dedication and planning. I have done Volumetrics. I like your six meals a day (while I've done four) so may give that a try. Your quick whole foods meal is what I like too but I'm stuck if I really don't have either a "normal" day or pre-planned packed food if I'm running around. In 2009, I was extremely successful so I'm really inspired by your 45+ days.

My PT told me no arm movements for two weeks which removes all my exercise plans and no door pulling or anything more than light movements. This morning I did 40 minutes jump roping to compensate. I have to watch out for my knees and feet with this strategy but hoping only two weeks will not be too much.

Today we're invited to our friends' bbq party. My older son and I are making brownie cockaigne with real butter, sugar and double-boiler unsweetened chocolate. It's a Joy of Cooking recipe (very yummy). I'm making also a wild rice and vegetables pilaf. These are for sharing at the party. I doubt I'll be able to stay long if I'm to stay on track. Trying to figure out how to withstand the munchies while sitting around chatting for two hours. My older son will want to stay a long time so I'll see if someone will drop him back at our house. I can leave and not be tempted. Argh.

Dog Rescue Mama
05-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Great plan, DogRescueMama. If I concentrate on my plan, it's similar to yours but I don't have your dedication and planning. I have done Volumetrics. I like your six meals a day (while I've done four) so may give that a try. Your quick whole foods meal is what I like too but I'm stuck if I really don't have either a "normal" day or pre-planned packed food if I'm running around. In 2009, I was extremely successful so I'm really inspired by your 45+ days.

My PT told me no arm movements for two weeks which removes all my exercise plans and no door pulling or anything more than light movements. This morning I did 40 minutes jump roping to compensate. I have to watch out for my knees and feet with this strategy but hoping only two weeks will not be too much.

Today we're invited to our friends' bbq party. My older son and I are making brownie cockaigne with real butter, sugar and double-boiler unsweetened chocolate. It's a Joy of Cooking recipe (very yummy). I'm making also a wild rice and vegetables pilaf. These are for sharing at the party. I doubt I'll be able to stay long if I'm to stay on track. Trying to figure out how to withstand the munchies while sitting around chatting for two hours. My older son will want to stay a long time so I'll see if someone will drop him back at our house. I can leave and not be tempted. Argh.

I managed to glide through a mothers day bbq in the beginning on my diet when still suffering cravings with ca-bobs. I was hosting so main course i did ca-bobs and i hard core loaded mine with "safe veggies" like zucchini , mushrooms, etc. I ate a ton of them, stayed under the 1200 for the day, and was so full i didn't want dessert haha. When i'm on the road i eat my only "processed" food. They are low carb protein bars with low sugar also. They keep me on track, avoiding fast food. If i'm neer a store i'd dro6 pin and grab a specility cheese or something instead. I'll eat 200 cals worth of cheese for that meal. More filling then a protein bar and healthier. Walmart has a chef salad that is 190 cals with dressing that is quite filling. To much sodium to do it often but i'll grab that also. When at a BBQ just stuf yourself at the veggie platter, even if you go a bit over cal, it'll be healthy cals and there will be no room left for pie. Also i LOVE a turkey burger with mustard and salsa with a thick slice tomatoes wrapped in lettuce!

Live Laugh Love
05-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Well today is day 6 and I'm already down 3.8 pounds. Today is going to be very difficult to stay in my calorie range as we are having a BBQ. I like the idea of loading up on the healthy stuff, the problem is, they are not having any of that healthy stuff...except for BBQ grilled chicken. Other than that it's burgers, hot dogs, sausage, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, and chocolate covered strawberries and bananas. I'll definitely be eating some chicken, and I might eat either a hot dog OR hamburger, but with no bread. I'll also be eating a few strawberries and bananas. I think I'll probably just end up counting this as my "cheat" meal for the week. We shall see. My throat starting hurting last night, so I may not be able to eat much at all as it hurts to swallow.

Congrats to everyone for staying on track!

envelope
05-29-2011, 08:03 PM
Today is my Day 1!

Snowbrocade
05-30-2011, 02:15 AM
Hi all:

well I am checking in on a friends computer--I accidentally pulled the cord of my laptop when I was vacumming and I broke it. It was only about 9 mos old too. I have had no way to watch my calories since I havent had my fitday program or internet available. it kinda sent me into a spin off. I know--it is no excuse but that is why I decided to check in now and get myself back on track regardless.

I was on a diet where I had certain portions of protein, carb, etc at 5 meals a day and it worked fine. so I know I can do a diet and lose without counting calories. I am starting back tomorrow and fortunately I dont have a bbq to go to!

Sorry to be a disappointment but I figure better late than never.

cheers!

Sno

35/39

envelope
05-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Sno - if you have a smart phone, you can get an app to count calories on the phone.

Day 2 went great for me.

DTerminedOne1219
05-31-2011, 05:00 PM
well i havent been doing great either. Been MIA for a bit now...but im back on track as of today. i have about 62 days left of the 100 day challenge for me, and i intend to ROCK IT! I have a half way point as well, which is the CC 4th of July Challenge. So hopefully i can still meet my goals. Its not going to be easy but it will be worth it. Im shooting for between 1200 and 1400 calories a day. I've dropped it from 1400-1600. I think this will make me work harder at it! I've got 24.8 lbs left to lose so yeah, hard work ahead of me!

I did manage to still lose 2.3 lbs in the last two weeks while i was not really counting calories or working out so cant complain there. But...

No more binges, no more being lazy! I can already see the difference in my body so i need to keep this up!

Dog Rescue Mama
05-31-2011, 08:48 PM
Checking in, got over the hump... 51 days now with no slip ups!!!! I started at 201lbs 51 days ago and am at 168.7 this morning! Once i hit 168 lbs i'll have hit the half way point on my weight loss!

envelope
05-31-2011, 09:23 PM
I am on Day 3 of calorie counting and exercising again. I am really, really, really cranky today.
Ughhhhhh...I am getting fired up over small little things. I hope this passes quickly.

JOLINA
06-02-2011, 12:48 PM
:sunny:
I am down one more pound this week. I am seeing a difference in my face and neck.
No rain is forecast, so I was outside all morning straightening out my yard after the windstorm yesterday. Now I am going out again to cut my grass, then plant some very large plants.
It will be very strenuous exercize, so I will probably lose more weight in the coming week again.
Everyone...keep dieting and be sure to exercize...stick to it for the next week. :)

And take some time out to enjoy the warm weather!

:beach:

Live Laugh Love
06-02-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi everyone! Today is day 10 for me of calorie counting and trying to watch my portions. Haven't weighed myself in a few days so hopefully everything is good there, I will see tomorrow. I'm expecting a slight water gain due to TOM, but that should hopefully be gone by Monday. Plus, I get to start exercising again on Saturday!!! I'm going to start C25K and 30 Day Shred that day and I can't wait :)

iaradajnos
06-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Hi folks. Whew, back on track and keeping DogRescueMama on my mind (you rock!).

Envelope: I totally understand that "fired up" over littlest things. Man, I can't believe how calm I can be over some things one day with the family then steaming inside (or erupting like a broken faucet on high). I haven't connected with my food binges or restriction which is something to consider. Hmmm. Stay strong. 100 days pass so slowly but quickly at the same time.

DTerminedOne: congrats on the 2.3. It's good to continue moving down but I know it's frustrating to look back on where you could have tightened up the food/exercise to have see bigger results. Here's hoping the next week is ship shape. (I'm cracking myself up with the naval wording going with her icon).

envelope: Way to go on Day 2! Keep it up. Let us know how you're doing as you go along.

Sno: You wrote "sorry to be a disappointment". Was that for you and feeling disappointed for your own slow goal or to the group? I hope you know how much your thread is appreciated and all your great messages. Never a disappointment on this end. Stay strong and it'll all come out right! Yeah you. (Corny but I have little kids so it comes out where-ever. My niece had to keep reminding me that she could cross the street safely while we were boppin' around together last week).

LiveLaughLove: Congrats on Day 10. Hope the bbq went well. I had hard times this year so far. Back when I was plowin' my 100% on track in 2009, I brought a salad based on Volumetrics: thinly sliced large jicama, skin-peeled and sliced thin orange, thinly sliced and separated large red onion, thinly sliced red, yellow and orange bell peppers, and fresh string beans; mix together; add low cal raspberry vinegrette if desired. For my TOM, I went up 2+ pounds then dropped back down. Through me off even thought it was expected. I just wasn't expecting so much, I guess

K3LL3Y: I agree about "nutrition" versus "diet". I wouldn't survive on a diet nor be very effective. I'm trying to improve nutrition and portions with simple, fresh and whole ingredients. By the way, I was walking past a new tiny chocolatier store and this is their door sign "Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate."

Jolina: Yeah for continue success! I love living and doing stuff with the added bonus of losing weight. Congrats on great active living and weight loss.

Standing firm on day 2 (I almost had 3 except my family asked me to make bisquick biscuits, strawberries and fresh whipped cream on Tuesday and came home 45 minutes late--I finished off 1/3 cup of wc for over 400 calories so I was 200 cals over for the day). Getting my 3+ miles in each day, doing 4x modified aerobics a week (during rehab for my shoulder), and also doing evening PT exercises plus lots of situps. Keeping DogRescueMama on my mind!

envelope
06-04-2011, 08:21 AM
I am on Day 7! I just realized that I was not cranky at all yesterday, WooooHooooo. My body is starting to get used to the CCing and working out. This is going to be a great weekend. :)

How is everyone else doing?

iaradajnos - Thank you for the encouragement!

*ETA Just realized that my 100th day will be on Labor Day!!!

CaliforniaDreamer
06-04-2011, 09:55 AM
wow Im on day 44! I have been doing sorta well lol, I wasn't doing to good in May but I got it together by the end and started losing again. Im almost at 25 lbs lost.

cw: 273.5
gw: 250

Live Laugh Love
06-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Hi everyone, it's been a very busy weekend for me. I am taking the Praxis Principles of Learning & Teaching exam June 11 and have started studying for that. My family and some friends also have dart night every Saturday night. Also now, I am going on a short vacation to Panama City Beach, FL in 2 weeks for Father's Day weekend!!! So I really need to stay on plan so that I can hopefully fit comfortably in some of my clothes I have in my closet (I am so close!). That way I don't have to spend too much money on clothes for vacation. I'm actually not worried at all about gaining while there. I plan on taking some long walks on the beach and also we will only be going out to eat once. We will be going grocery shopping and cooking our meals in the condo (we are going to have A LOT of people). I'm so glad my boyfriend changed his mind about the trip, I am so excited! Today went very well as I was perfectly on plan. Well, time for me to get some rest. I will be waking up early in the morning to walk 3 miles on the treadmill and do Jillian Michael's Shred it With Weights! Will do personals tomorrow, goodnight all!

envelope
06-05-2011, 11:13 PM
L3 - I passed my Praxis exams Jan. '10. I looked for my study guide for you, but I can only find my notes for reading specialist. The most advice I can offer is to make sure you complete the entire test. I am so embarassed to admit this, but I sat for 30 min thinking I was finished, but I did not see the last 10 questions. I was kicking myself afterward. Thankfully I still did pretty well.

Live Laugh Love
06-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks envelope. I bought the study guide book from Barnes and Noble, so I'm hoping reading through that book will pay off. It came with two practice tests so I'm going to take one tomorrow so that I can see which areas I'm weak in, then I'll take the second one either Thursday or Friday. I'm not too worried about the multiple choice, it's mainly the constructed response questions.

CaliforniaDreamer
06-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi ladies! Im on day 46! I'm still doing well, my friend is here helping me and she is such an inspiration. I have changed up my eating habits a lot and it's starting to pay. Good luck ladies!

cw: 272

K3LL3Y
06-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well staying on track, and even if you've had a bad day just get right back to it!

I had a wedding over the weekend and definately went over my alcohol allowance but I'll be making up for it the next two weeks by cutting it out all together!

I really want to keep that scale moving and even though it's slowed down a bit at least it's still going in the right direction :)

Happy Monday and good luck with your goals this week.

JOLINA
06-09-2011, 07:53 PM
Hi everyone!
I am all whacked out from too much exercize yesterday. But I did lose another pound last week!
Today I am taking the day off from exercize. I need a rest.

Have a great weekend...and don't forget to watch the calories!

:hug:

iaradajnos
06-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Hi folks. I've got five days of on plan under the belt. For me, I think I need 21 days of a new plan to completely change over to whatever new I'm trying to add/stop. I read an article about kids needing 21 tastes of something new to become used to it. I started that with my last weight loss adventure, and seemed to work. I'm only worried sense I go on a work trip next week (to my home town, no less!). The conference provides continental breakfast and full lunch. I know it will be impossible to find sensible food let alone filling 300 calorie meals. After the conference, I visit with my dad a couple days. He's so anxious as he's gotten older these past couple years, it's impossible to cook at his house. He just can't handle the stress of new routines. I can only microwave stuff. Oh, well. I'm sure I'll get through it. I can't wait for the 24 hour fitness center at the hotel with pool and sauna.

Happy weekend everyone.

CaliforniaDreamer
06-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi ladies! Im on day 50! when I first started out I wasn't doing too well but Im slowly getting better each day I have about 18 lbs to go before I get to my goal and I have 50 days left, I really think I can make it if I work hard enough. well good luck ladies.

cw: 268 (-10)

envelope
06-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Day 14 and 5.6 lbs down. Even better is that I was able to jog and jog and jog today and it felt so good!!!

Live Laugh Love
06-12-2011, 10:26 PM
Hi all. Well today was day 20 for me and so far I haven't been doing that great. I have been severely slacking in the exercise department. My eating also has not been great the past few days either. I had been extremely stressed about taking the PLT exam, which I took yesterday morning. I didn't quite finish the test in the allotted time, but I'm hoping I did well enough to pass. I absolutely hate writing essays when I'm given a time limit :( So now I'm much more relaxed and plan on focusing more on my eating and exercise...and water intake! I have NOT been drinking enough water and I can definitely feel it. I'm also looking forward to being able to come to this site more. I will get to personals tomorrow. Hopefully the damage on the scale won't be too bad in the morning. I'm also hoping I will be going to Panama City Beach this week with my family and friends. It all depends on whether or not my boyfriend's teacher moves their test back. If the test stays on Thursday, we will be leaving that night...if he moves the test to the following Tuesday, then we can't go. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed...I really need a vacation!

CaliforniaDreamer
06-14-2011, 10:55 AM
well Im on day 54! So far so good Im down 4 more pounds, I have 46 more days and 14 lbs left to lose, I really think I can do it.

cw: 264 (-14)

Dog Rescue Mama
06-14-2011, 11:01 AM
CONGRATS Honeybee123!!!!

I am now officially on day 65 of my challange without a single slip up. I can't believe i have stayed on track for this long. I would have never thought i could stand so many events and yummy foods in the face and say no thanks! I am down 36 pounds from the start of this challange!!!

K3LL3Y
06-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Dog Rescue Mama, Congrats on the impressive loss so far.
Seeing your post made me think back to when I signed onto this thread and wanted to know how where I was at myself.
I'm surprised to see that I've lost 14 lbs since April 21st. It's not huge but that means I've been averaging 1.75lbs per week for a while now and that makes me happy. More then half way through and keeping up the momentum :)

Dog Rescue Mama
06-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Thats great weight loss, my numbers are larger becausethe first 2 weeks i lost big but it has slowed a lot because i lost my water weight big loss.

JOLINA
06-15-2011, 10:09 AM
:beach::bubbles:

I lost one more pound last week. I sure hope I lose more by the end of this challenge.
I hope all of you have been able to stick to your plan last week and have lost weight also!

:goodluck:

Dog Rescue Mama
06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Congrats JOLINA!!!!! A pound a week is still really good numbers! Wayyyyy better then gaining a pound!

JOLINA
06-22-2011, 03:40 AM
I am sticking to my diet and have lost another pound this past week.
I have been eating a fruit salad every day for the past week: Sliced bananas and strawberries, mixed. I just found out the combination helps you sleep better. And it is very low in calories.

I hope everyone is on plan and losing also!

:)

CaliforniaDreamer
06-23-2011, 10:37 AM
omg Im on day 63! I only have 12 lbs left!!! I had a rough week because of TOM but I stayed on track and I've even added extra workouts to my daily walking. good luck ladies.

cw: 262 (-16)

iaradajnos
06-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Hello folks. Congrats on the awesome successes: Honeybee, Dog Rescue Mama, Jolina, & K3LL3Y.

I was out-ot-state at a conference (in my old home town, no less). I worked out like crazy to balance out some of the high calorie foods. I weigh in on Sunday mornings and wan't back for the weigh in. I'll get this week on my 1250/day food plans then weigh in on this coming Sunday. While home, I've been trying to be 1250/day (instead of my plan 1500) because I actually do better with 100% food plan with this lower calorie. At 1500/day, I seem to not manage it well. For now, I'm targeting the lower number.

I loved working out on the eliptical but with my shoulder injury I couldn't move my arms. It was fun watching the numbers rack up for "burned calories". Wish we had room in our little condo for one--maybe worth it even if it does take up massive space.

Keep truckin' to goals!

envelope
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Day 25 and I am down 7.8 lbs

iaradajnos
06-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Lost 1.8 pounds and still strong. I made it through an out-of-state work conference by drastically upping my workouts at the hotel gym to compensate the food. Back now to my lower calorie burns with at-home exercise and also lowered food consumption. I'm trying lots more biking as an exercise and looking in to swimming pools for lap swim.

JOLINA
06-29-2011, 07:01 AM
My diet is coming along very slowly. I lost one more pound last week.
I am faithfully counting my calories and not going over my budget.
I'll be doing yard work today to burn a lot of calories.

Hope everyone can lose weight this coming week!

envelope
06-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Day 32 and I am now down 10lbs! I can jog for 4+ miles now. Wow, alot can change in 32 days, can not wait to see where I am at on day 100! 6 days after my 100th day I am going to jog a 1/2 marathon.

Jolina - You are losing! That in itself is worth celebrating.

CaliforniaDreamer
06-30-2011, 12:20 PM
well Im on day 70! I only have 8 lbs left to lose!!! omg I'm soooooo close I can taste it! I have 30 days left! I hope I can do it! good luck ladies!!!!

cw: 258 (-20)

Snowbrocade
07-01-2011, 02:44 AM
Hi all!

I am so proud of you all to stick to the plan and lose so many pounds. I think this 100% thing is such a good idea. I have my regrets I didnt stay on plan from when this started but it is also motivating--I have been wasting my time being fat when I could be on the road to thin! I know I want to feel like you all do after sticking on plan for several months or more!

So July 1 is my restart first day--I plan to get with it and stick to it! This will put me at October 8 for my goal of 100 100 percent days.

Keep going everyone, I plan to ride on your momentum.

Sno

Snowbrocade
07-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Hi all!

so far so good my first two days have been great and it was such a nice feeling to wake up this morning and know that I was on plan.

cheers, happy holiday weekend all!

Sno

Snowbrocade
07-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Hi all!

everyone is probably doing holiday stuff today--have fun--it is really hot here so we are just taking it easy. Makes it easy to drink lotsa water!

I love week one for the fast weight loss--I am down 5 lbs over the last two days. Of course the best week is the last week when I am right next to my goal.

Have a wonderful 100% day

envelope
07-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi Snowbrocade! This is not the quickest moving thread, but it is a great inspiration for me.

Honeybee - 8 lbs to GOAL!!! You are rocking.

Day 36 and I am down 13.4. I jogged for 5 miles today. It really is a slow jog, but my time is improving!!! I am averaging 16 minute miles.

littlebumblebee
07-03-2011, 04:09 PM
I want to join. This is my goal to stay on plan and eat healthy for 100 days. I am starting today. I am motivated, and I know that if I can stay on plan I will reach my goal.

July 3, 2011 is Day 1

Snowbrocade
07-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Hi all!

happy 4th everyone!

I live in a fire area so no bbq--one of my faves--and on my current plan I could have as much grilled protein and veggies as I want. I love how bbq grills add that extra flavor with no cals!!

Another pound today making six in 3 days--I know it is all water weight but I will take any kinda weight loss I can get!

Envelope: wow--jogging five miles that is amazing! I have never been a runner and now I have bad knees so I cant do all that impact stuff but I bet it really helps with weight loss. congrats on all your weight loss so far--you are doing fantastic!

bumblebee: welcome--I am just starting too so we will be ending about the same time--lets visualize that 100% time and the effects it will have!

big cheer for all us fabulous 100% hotties! :cheer2:

littlebumblebee
07-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Snowbrocade: You are doing great. congratulations on your weight loss.

Today is day 2 of 100 days. It was TOM and I was craving everything possible. I gave into my craving for one day, and got back in control as quickly as possible.
I am determined to stay on track for the next 98 days.

Snowbrocade
07-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi all:

things are going well--had some cravings and hunger yesterday but managed to stay away from sugar etc.

another lb down. I definitely will hit my goal!!

bumblebee: dont let that get you off track--just think--after 100 days 1 day will not make any difference at all. good luck!

JOLINA
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Good for you...Snowbrocade!
I lost 1 more pound last week also. But it seems it will take me forever to lose all that I need to lose.

iaradajnos
07-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Hello everyone. Glad to see you again, Sno. You're a great cheerleader for Team 100%. I'm glad to see new joiners and the long time haulin' 100%'ers. My goal is to lose 6 pounds by August 15 (final goal to lose approx 20 pounds more).

I was off grid camping with the family over the 4th. It was so great. I just caught up with my e-log (I've been doing CalorieCount and also tracking in a little paper notebook). According to my monthly review, I've stayed on track at 1550 calories on average but I also know that I generally did well at about 1250 cals. One of the camping days, I consumed over 3,000 calories (with about 2400 calories burned in backpacking and such).

We did have such an amazing family experience that we're planning a long bike and picnic day later this month (after husband's summer courses end).

Yesterday and today, I biked for my Me Time Holiday (we got back on Sunday and I had days off until today). I actually biked 35 miles on Tuesday (talk about "saddle sore"). Today I biked 15 miles. Whew.

I'm biking instead of my knee destroying in-house jog-in-place. I'm still note able to do my home dvd's. I'm looking in to joining a lap swim account at the community pool so I can swim on bad weather days or maybe from the Fall onwards.

Keep rocking everyone!

littlebumblebee
07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Snowbrocade: Congratulations on losing another pound.
I am back on track and I am determined to keep trying until I reach my goal of 100 days on plan.

JOLINA: Congratulations on your 1 pound loss. Those pounds loss add up to big loses.

iaradajnos: You sound very active very much on plan. I am trying to journal my food because that helps me to stay on track.

I had to start over and today is day 2 and I have 98 days to go, and I am to keep trying until I get this right and reach my goal.

iaradajnos
07-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Hello Folkies. It's a rainy day which takes me off my bike. I've been so lovin' the bike that I was a bit bummed to think, "What, rain? Arghhhhh!" But I'm quite cheerful now. Mostly because I know I've put in lots of exercise time for my week (I try to look at my totals over a week instead of focus solely on daily amounts), already. Saturday and Sunday look sunny, too.

Strategizing: I need to make sure I have alternative exercise (no dvd at home still to continue resting that darn shoulder issue). Thinking of swimming (but I can never get my ears wet so I have to be creative) or maybe joining my husband's gym.

Looking back over the past couple months, I think it's taken me four weeks to get used to the 1250 cal daily amounts. It's now pretty comfortable. I do have an overage sometimes but I almost never go over my maximum of 1500. It's good. I think I've hit my stride. I putzed (sp?) around for a few months with low results. Now, I am seeing more consistent results. Being 44, I also have to find sustainable and healthy ways to lose because I tend to over-exercise and hurt my joints.

How are each of you combining your exercise options: in-door/out-door, relaxing/vigorous, specific workout verus commute or active lifestyle? I'm trying to have bits of each. How do you add them up?

envelope
07-08-2011, 04:32 PM
sno - congrats on the loss and beating the cravings.

Jolina - Sometimes when my weightloss slows down I get a bit fustrated with it, but I keep reminding myself that a loss is much better than a gain.

Iaradajnos - I need to make some plans to go camping, it is so much fun. I am going to pack up a bunch of vegis, some I will eat raw, but I will also cook some up in tinfoil packets on the fire.

I decided to sign up for a 1/2 marathon, so training for it has been my main source of exercise besides playing with my kids.

littlebumblebee - You can do it!

I have a question for you all. The idea of 100 days on plan, it is our individual idea of op right? What I mean is that I consider myself op if I eat btwn 1200 - 1800 cals and average out at about 1500 cals per day and I follow my exercise plan for the week. Is this ok?

JOLINA
07-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Good Morning everyone!
I have stayed on my plan for the last week, and have dropped one more pound.
:goodscale
Yesterday, one more person noticed I have been losing weight.
After losing more than 30 pounds, it's about time! :D

Enjoy the nice weather and get outside for some exercize this coming week...

:bike: :bike2:

envelope
07-12-2011, 03:05 PM
45 days on plan!

I can now jog 6 miles and I average 15 minutes a mile. I have lost 16.8 lbs during this time period.

K3LL3Y
07-12-2011, 03:17 PM
45 days on plan!

I can now jog 6 miles and I average 15 minutes a mile. I have lost 16.8 lbs during this time period.

Hooray for updates:hug:

Lets see, since I started my plan on April 21st (what is that... 82 days!) I have lost a total of 20 lbs. :carrot:

Slow and steady but I'm getting there:D

Snowbrocade
07-13-2011, 12:20 AM
Hi all!

day 12 went great--I am so into eating fruit now it is awesome!

another lb down for a total of 9 lbs in the first 12 days. I am amping up the exercise since things have cooled down around here--at least in the am.

congrats to everyone for sticking with it--thats what counts!

sno

LGW
07-13-2011, 01:27 AM
Snowbrocade: I'm going to jump on board with you and call this Day 12!

My starting weight on 7/1 227.2,
7/12 224.4 (-2.8)

100 day mark will be Oct 8
Goal wt loss a realistic 12-24 lbs based on avg 1-2# wt loss a week.

Here we go!
LGW

LGW
07-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Have a great day everyone!

Start May 15 - 238
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0)
7/12 - 224.4 (+0.2)
7/13 - 222.6 (-1.2) :-) - my short term goal is 222 for 7/15

LGW

Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- author unknown

Snowbrocade
07-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Hi LGW!

great, not only are we on the same time table but we are very close in weight! we can do it my friend!

Snowbrocade: I'm going to jump on board with you and call this Day 12!

My starting weight on 7/1 227.2,
7/12 224.4 (-2.8)

Goal wt loss a realistic 12-24 lbs based on avg 1-2# wt loss a week.

Here we go!
LGW

LGW
07-15-2011, 09:57 AM

Start May 15 - 238
June 15 - 229 (-9 total wt loss)
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0)
7/12 - 224.4 (+0.2)
7/13 - 222.6 (-1.2)
7/14 - 223.0 (+0.4)
7/15 - 222.4 (-0.6)

I started my healthy living plan on 5/15 with a goal weight loss of 1-2# per week or 4-16# per month. MET :-)
Next mini-goal 8/15 - GW 214-218

Have a great day everyone!!! :-)

LGW

Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment -- author unknown

envelope
07-15-2011, 10:17 AM
I am getting so close to day 50!!! Today is day 48.

Yesterday was really tough, I was HUNGRY all day so I really needed to pay attn to what I was eating. I was with in 2 cals of getting to my high cal limit.

LGW
07-16-2011, 11:38 AM

7/1 - 227.2
7/12 224.4 (-2.8)
7/13 - 222.6 (-1.2)
7/14 - 223.0 (+0.4)
7/15 - 222.4 (-0.6)
7/16 - 222.4 (-0.0) funny I actually thought I went down until I read yeasterday's weight :-)

Next mini-goal 8/15 - GW 214-218

LGW

Snowbrocade
07-17-2011, 12:56 AM
okay day 15 and I am on track raring to go. Had some temptation today with carbs but managed to derail it by eating some fruit. down 11 lbs now! must keep going--someone said it took them 4 weeks to really get in the groove--I think that is right am doing pretty good and settling in but the more I do it the easier it becomes.

LGW
07-17-2011, 11:59 AM

Week of 7/10 - 7/16 - 222.4 (-1.8)
7/17 - 222.4 (-0.0)

Snobrocade: I had the weirdest cravings last night as well; however, I stayed with my eating plan and even though I had the cravings I was not hungry. I thought it would be a total waste to go out and get that feeling of eating until you're well over-stuffed....the thought of that feeling stopped me :-)
Great job on being down 11lbs. I don't know how long it took me to get into the "groove" but it's been about 60days for me now.

LGW

Start May 15 - 238
July 15 - 222.4 (-15.6 total wt loss)

envelope
07-17-2011, 09:28 PM
DAY 50 ~ 19.8lbs down

Plus I jogged 7 MILES today

iaradajnos
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone. I'm back after sulking in the corner for a while. I went camping over the 4th and it was a blast. I was on plan for almost all except one day (if I recall) and did a very active day to compensate. I weighed in after two awesome weeks and expected RESULTS! I got a big fat ZERO. I've been pouting ever since. I didn't weigh in this weekend because it was my TOM. I figured--what's the point?

I will share that because of this thread (and the 40's support group, too) I didn't give up. I kept at my calorie and exercise plan. I just was pouting while still doing my thing. In other news, I was doing positively which did help. Keeping up one's spirit during small and large adversity is a constant effort on my mind.

I am thinner and I've lost 5 inches overall since the last time I weighed in. So even if there's no weight change, I know my body is firming up. I feel great, which is a huge point to this whole process.

A shout out to LGW for the quote you shared: "Everyone must suffer 1 of 2 things - the pain of discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment." (author unknown). Congrats on the success on the scale.

Also congrats to Sno for the success.

Envelope, did you go camping?

Way to go everyone. I really like this thread (and I'll try not to take my marbles home in a huff when the scale refuses to budge).

TheManekiNeko
07-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I would like to join in on the 100 day challenge. I need the focus to try and lose the stubborn pounds.

JOLINA
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM

I lost one more pound last week. I am shrinking just a tiny bit every week.
And my clothes are much more comfortable now.

Best of luck to all this coming week!

:flow2:

Snowbrocade
07-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Hi all:

well it feels like I have been doing this forever and even tho I have had good results so far, with all the effort I have expended it feels like I should be done already!!

However, I have made my commitment to 100 days and I will continue on.

I need to remind myself I have been gaining and losing the same 20 lbs for the last few years and I want to break that cycle and attain my goal. It is way past time!

I wanted to share with you all that I think taking omega 3 really helps with weight loss--and it is good for you too.

Welcome to Neko!

iardajnos: glad you are back--sorry you were disappointed. I think the hardest part of being on a weight loss plan is when the loss slows and stops. or the scale even shows an increase when you know you have been very good. I was reading about stalling the other day and one tactic they talk about is mixing things up when on a stall--such as changing exercise since the body gets used to doing the same thing, eating different foods and or mixing up the proportion of carbs proteins and fats.

LGW: I tend to crave stuff with white flour in it like crackers etc. those are diet poison for me, I gain very easily with even very small portions of that type of food. It is one of the rules I am trying to follow on this plan and I have been moslty sucessful--I allowed myself a half handful of oyster crackers the other night cuz I felt nauseous. 60 days!! :cheer: you are awesome!! keep it up my friend, it is so worth it.

cheers all

have a wonderful 100% day!

sno

LGW
07-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Snobrocade: We can do it! I think logging in here daily provides me with significant accountability. I've only been on here a couple weeks and I notice that the logs trickle down on the weekend as people stray from their routines and then you get all of these "weekend craving" post on Monday. I think everyone needs to log in on the weekends and accept responsibilty for their actions at all times...especially with this trend I have noticed in only 2 wks of being on site :-)

Snowbrocade
07-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi all!

well, it is now three weeks on plan and I feel mostly in the groove. I have my difficult moments but it seems to pass if I wait it out. My main thing is carbs but the nice part is if I have a very small serving of carbs I get full really fast--I guess since I am severely limiting the carb intake.

LGW: I so agree--I want to log in everyday and keep those weekend cravigns at bay!!

Sno

ChickieChicks
07-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I'm so glad I found this! I made up my own 100 Day Challenge, but it sounds just like this!! :-)

I'm eating 1200 cals on rest days and 1400 on workout days. Clean eating for 100 days, no cheats.

Today is Day 68 for me and I'm going strong! It's been totally up and down, but here is where I'm at so far:

Start: May 15th
Day 1: 173.0
Day 10: 165.0
Day 20: 159.5
Day 30: 158.0
Day 40: 155.0
Day 50: 153.0
Day 60: 150.5
Day 68: 148.5

Fast at first, then a couple plateaus, and I think it's ramping back up again. Haven't gone off plan for 1 day, yet.

LGW
07-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Good morning everyone!

Start May 15 - 238
Monitoring trend:
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0)
7/12 - 224.4 (+0.2)
7/13 - 222.6 (-1.2)
7/14 - 223.0 (+0.4)
7/15 - 222.4 (-0.6)
7/16 - 222.4 (-0.0)
7/17 - 222.4 (-0.0)
7/18 - 222.4 (-0.0)
7/19 - 223.2 (+0.8)
7/20 - 222.0 (-1.2)
7/21 - 221.4 (-0.6)
7/22 - 220.6 (-0.8) - 220 has been dangling in my face for so long, I guess I just had to jump up and grab it! :-)

LGW

Just for today I will have a program. I may not follow it exactly, but I will have it. It will eliminate 2 pests -- hurry and indecision

envelope
07-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Welcome Chickie Chick!

We are all doing so well. I am surprised that I am on Day 55 already. I have lost 20.2 lbs which I am THRILLED about!!!

I panicked yesterday when somehow my dinner got logged twice and I looked at my total and it was over 1800 cals. The first thing I thought of was that I was going to have to start over on day 1 for this thread. ;)

iaradajnos We have not been camping this year. Not sure if we will make it this summer.

Snowbrocade
07-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi all!

ha--so after blazing down 11 lbs in first two weeks now I have been stalled for 1 week. I guess that makes sense. I just need to stay on plan and be cool!

yesterday I was too tired to make a salad and hadnt had my veggies so I drank some tomato juice--it is really filling. I know it is high in sodium so I drank a bunch of water to make up for it.

great job sticking with us envelope and LG!

welcome to chickie!

Cheers!

sno

LGW
07-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Snobrocade: yes....stay on plan...look at my trend....we can do this :-)

envelope
07-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Sno - I have atleast 1 week a month that I do not lose, then the next week I makeup for it, as long as I stay on plan and focused.

iaradajnos
07-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the advice on the plateau breaking strategies and the support. It's super frustrating to keep 100% on plan, exercise like nuts and see no results. I was so excited to log all my food and track everything for so long. I really enjoyed the process. I checked the scale this morning and it's UP 1.4 pounds. It has to be something weird (water retention in the heat) or something as I couldn't have consume 6000 calories extra.

I did try switching things up this week because I wondered if I just had over done the exericise and too low food plan. It didn't feel good, though. I just felt like I was bumming around.

Today I realized that one, seemingly, key component to my successful weight loss two years ago was frequent meals. So, I'm trying to eat 1400 with five meals (it's a heat wave so I don't have much movement). I saw one person's plan for higher cals on exercise days so I'll also add an extra snack on higher movement days. Usually, I've been biking 1-2 hours a day--but it's too hot today and no need to move.

I normally don't get around a computer on weekends because it's my busy time with the family but I'll see if I can log in as I go along. I've avoided the scale on a weekly basis so I don't know if I'll tolerate further plateau. Sno's right. It's a super bummer.

JOLINA
07-23-2011, 03:59 PM
It's hotter than Hades here, so I am not getting much exercize.
:devil:
I can manage to stay outdoors for about 20 minutes at a time.

We are having rolling blackouts too. So I went and filled up my gas tank just in case the grid goes down.
I am still on plan, but I have added more water...watermelon also.

:hot:

LGW
07-23-2011, 10:38 PM
SNOBROCADE-IARADAJNOSWhen my scale started to discourage me, I placed it in the trunk of my car and focused solely on my clothes, my plan and how I felt....it worked...now I actually enjoy weighing in daily, regardless of the "fluctuations"

Look at the changes as fluctuations, not as set backs!

LGW

Snowbrocade
07-24-2011, 02:55 AM
Hi all!

phew--you all are the only thing that kept me from going off plan. I am so pleased I took the time to think about what I wanted to eat and to realize I was not hungry and think about how it would feel to tell you all!!

so another day--I planned a high carb day and my weight will probably be up tomorrow. the idea is to have a higher calorie and carb day to bring up the metabolism. then back on lower cal and burning more calories. well see how it works.

one thing I am pleased with is how filling I find carbs now. a few bites and I feel full! amazing.

cheers all and keep at it.

LGW ha ha--scale in the trunk I love it!!

Iardajnos--good luck with your plan--you could also try what I am doing it is called alternate day fasting--the idea being to alternate higher cal days with lower and keep the body guessing.

sno

LGW
07-24-2011, 11:09 AM
DAY 24

Good morning everyone!

Start May 15 - 238
Monitoring trend:
7/6 - 226
7/7 - 225.2 (-0.8)
7/8 - 225.6 (+0.4)
7/9 - 224.4 (-1.2)
7/10 - 224.2 (-0.2)
7/11 - 224.2 (-0.0)
7/12 - 224.4 (+0.2)
7/13 - 222.6 (-1.2)
7/14 - 223.0 (+0.4)
7/15 - 222.4 (-0.6)
7/16 - 222.4 (-0.0)
7/17 - 222.4 (-0.0)
7/18 - 222.4 (-0.0)
7/19 - 223.2 (+0.8)
7/20 - 222.0 (-1.2)
7/21 - 221.4 (-0.6)
7/22 - 220.6 (-0.8)
7/23 - 220.2 (-0.4)
7/24 - 220.4 (+0.2)...I will patiently wait it out...:-)

TWL: -2.2 for the week

LGW

Just for today I will try to live through this day only and not tackle my whole life problem at once. I can do things for 12 hours that would appall me if I had to keep them up for a lifetime. - FA

iaradajnos
07-24-2011, 06:35 PM
Thanks to LGW for the reminder to keep checking in. I did great for calories but not for my frequent meals. I volunteer through my municipal job to face paint at community events. Today was a marathon of four hours straight painting pink butterfly faces and white unicorns. I don't get a single moment's rest to even stand. (Mostly it's the parents' who have no patience; kids really really like it and will usually wait forever for their dream design). I get TWO skinny cow ice creams and STILL am on track. Yum.

Taking Sno's advice: I think I'll try the rotating fast days, but will give my "frequent meals" a few more days in the week. For some reason, I tend to be able to eat less on weekends (I know, go figure!!!). So, I will try a fast day on Saturdays (or maybe Sunday).

Lacking a car and thus a trunk, I might store the scale in the communal washer/dryer in the basement. That'll teach it to be uncooperative!

LWG's point, however, that clothes and measurements are also a key. I agree. My new jeans (vanity sizes that really should be one size higher but still made me feel better anyway) are loser. I did measure myself a week or so ago and found an overall "inch-age" loss of 5 inches. I do feel better at this lower weight and think really positively because I know I'm only getting more fit tomorrow from today. So, it's all good.

envelope
07-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Day 58 and 21 lbs down.

It is amazing what I can accomplish as far as health and weightloss while on plan!

Snowbrocade
07-25-2011, 02:06 PM
HI all!

oops forgot to check in yesterday--had a really good low carb day and stayed strictly on plan. today is a slight higher carb day--oatmeal at breakfast and some rice at dinner.

I have been working a lot in the garden and enjoying it. things grow so quickly this time of year.

thanks and congrats to LGW, Iardajnos and envelop for checking in--we keep each other sane!!

sno

Snowbrocade
07-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Hi all!

just a quick check in--all is going as planned no problems no weight loss but I am okay with it--it will happen.

cheers

sno

envelope
07-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Day 60 and doing great! Can not believe it is only 40 days until Labor Day.

Sno - it is fustrating when the scale does not show the progress, but I am sure it showing else where. I think the woosh fairy owes you a visit.

JOLINA
07-27-2011, 09:09 AM
The weather is starting to cool of, so I am getting more exercize.
:swim:

I lost another pound last week.
I am sticking to my plan. I hope to lose 20 pounds by the New Year.
:goodscale:

Best of luck to all this coming week on your diets!

Snowbrocade
07-29-2011, 12:37 AM
hi all

well one pound grudgingly came off as of today--I accepted with gratitude. I am still going on day28!

LGW
07-29-2011, 02:10 AM
I'm hanging in there....seeking to get out of the 220's...:)

K3LL3Y
07-29-2011, 08:20 AM
Keep at it LGW! You'll have a second flower down there before you know it!

Snowbrocade
07-29-2011, 02:45 PM
Hi all:

well another pound today. I attribute that to keeping mycarbs to whole grains and staying away from poisonous white flour and sugar.

It isnt a woosh but thats okay--it feels good to get some progress.

env: congrats on day 60!

Jolina: that is a nice goal--just think how good you will feel at 20lbs lighter.

LGW: you can do it!! it will happen before you know it..

take care all

have a marvelous 100% day!

LGW
07-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey just checking in: DAY 29

Start 7/1 - 227.2
DAY 29 - 220.0

Snowbrocade
07-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Hi all!

Oh joy--I have that woosh after all! 2 more down!! 215! :belly:

I switched from the 17 day diet to counting calories and it seems to work better for me.

Cheers all!

Have a wonderful 100 percent day!

sno

JOLINA
07-31-2011, 11:34 AM
Today is the last day of my 100 day challenge.
I lost 14 pounds during this time!

Thank you for your support. I wish all of you the best of luck in continuing on your weight loss journeys.

:hat: