WW Clubs and Groups - #254 Bale of Turtles Acting Like Turtles!!!!

Itryharder
04-21-2011, 01:53 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Itryharder
04-21-2011, 01:55 PM
Hi Turtles,
As usual, we got a little long, so I started a new thread. Terri and Princess and Bandit and I have bits of news you might like to check out.

Nancy and Loopy and Cherry and all the gals, chime in when you can.
Judy

Princess1122
04-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Good Friday to you all! Cloudy, rainy and cool day here and there is a ton of rain heading in our direction... we did manage to get the yard mowed last evening though, the lawn mower was not a happy camper at all when it hit the many wet spots in the yard but it had to be done so we plowed through and got it done.

Went to my TOPS meeting and W/I last night... still just treading water and need to get serious... was up .6 - I know what to do, guess I need to start doing it. We are going to do a few challenges though that should help as I am not the only one in the group that needs to get serious, our whole group is slacking right now. I am thinking about suggesting that we form a walking group one night a week to see if that would help, i am not sure how much interest that would be though but may try it anyway.

I hope that everyone is doing well and best wishes for a wonderful holiday weekend.

bandit2
04-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Happy Easter, turtles:

Today was a sunny day for a change but we have had lots of rain as well.

Was down .25# at my meeting Thurs evening and got in another 3 mile walk Friday as well as bowling Thurs after Tops, so getting in some exercise.
Holidays are always a challenge for everyone so will try to stay on track
this weekend. I am cooking Sunday dinner and have decided to have turkey
& not ham. My dd is coming for dinner along with my exhusband & my gf
is still here, so should be a nice day,

Hope you are all doing your best over the holiday weekend.

Itryharder
04-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Have a great day everybody!!!!!!

Happy Easter.
Love,
Judy

life4evr
04-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Hey everyone just dropping in real quick. My grandmother passed away this past Thursday so we have been dealing with that I had lost 3.9# when I weighed in. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Itryharder
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Life4evr,
So sorry for your loss. I'm sending :goodvibes: to help you through this. It must have been difficult to go through this sadness right at the holiday time.
:grouphug:

For all of us, this is a brand new day. Whatever has been inspiring us----keep it up. For those weight loss negatives----l'm going to try real hard to shake them! We can do this!

My best to everyone!!!
JUdy

Princess1122
04-25-2011, 11:06 AM
I did terrible over the weekend... no excuses just made really bad choices! Back on it today though!

Life: very sorry to hear about your grandmother... take care of you!

I have to run, so busy today at work it is not even funny... will get back on later.

life4evr
04-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Itry and princess thanks. We had her service today it was nice. Well I didn't emotionally eat. Have been to busy. Off to Va to see my nieces and nephews. So it's break time.

terrod99
04-26-2011, 08:10 AM
Happy Tuesday back to routine!!!

Life sorry for your loss, glad you made it through the service and didn't emotionally eat. Great weight loss last week! Good for you.

I still have not weighed myself, Did eat desserts on the weekend but over all did pretty well. Went to the Y Sun & Mon for cardio, Mon lots of water. So i am keepin on !!!! and at it....... Am going to weigh myself at work as the scale is closest to the WW scale,and report back. must get the troops organised at work for our workplace weigh in, we have discussed it just need to get it together.

Hope every is doing well, and keepin at it! We can do this we must think thin and keep positive. Spring is here and the summer is close so lets use that for motivation maybe make a small challenge for July 1/July 4 holiday?

What do you guys think?

Terri

Itryharder
04-26-2011, 08:45 AM
Terri, good for you! :strong: and :tread: make a big difference. As far as a challenge, I will be in the 180's by July1-4. Thanks for the offer.

Princess, it's easy to overeat on the holidays. :chef: With the memorial service and my dh's need to go out to dinner after, and then with Easter I ate way more than I wanted for about a week and that was on top of not doing very well. This Wed. I'll WI and keep on doing my best. Monday was a good day so I once again feel on track.

Bandit, glad you had company for Easter :grouphug: and that your gf likes to exercise and is good company.

Life, glad you didn't submit to emotional eating. That's wonderful! :bravo:

All, we're on a new day and a new track. As one of my WW friends says, "It's time to let the good habits creep back in." I love that! I'll keep that message in my head. (It doesn't hurt that the muffin top I added back over these last few days has shown its ugly self again. I'm actually uncomfortable from the fast gain and I want it gone!)
JUdy
234.6/????/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
04-26-2011, 09:55 AM
Morning, turtles:

Rain, rain and more rain - but the garden/lawn will love it.

Got in our walk Mon night and my gf is away for tonight, so I might go again.
Eating has been OK this week with one exception yesterday. At work there
were samosas & I had 2 but counted them & forget them.

Life - sorry for your familys loss and congrats on your weigh loss last week.

Terri - sounds like you are focussed and thats great.

Princess - I am sure this week will be better, hang in there.

Judy - Love your friends quote & hope your week is great.

Someone posted another quote which I liked and it is something like

"I will lose 1# 50 times" Sometimes it gets overwhelming when we have
lots to lose, so maybe this will be more manageable for us.

All - lets have a great week at the scales. Holiday over, time to get busy!

Princess1122
04-26-2011, 10:51 AM
Just a quick hello... very busy at work so I have to run... have a great day all!

terrod99
04-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Hey All

Getting back to it! Went to the Y this am, did 40 min of cardio burned just over 300 calories, eating not bad, did not make it to the scale, no time yesterday. So good day overall.

Bandit I like the "lose 1 lb 50 times" I have heard that somewhere before, sounds easier doesn't it?

Hope everyone has a great day!

Terri

Itryharder
04-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Terri, :bravo: for all you're doing.

Yes, I love that saying. I can lose 1#. And I can certainly do it 50X. So thanks to you and Bandit for the insight.

Princess, how's your garden coming along? I just received a rose bush I had ordered and I hope to plant it today. It's called knockout and it supposedly blooms all summer long right up to frost.

Today is my WI, so I'll be back later to say hi.
Judy

Itryharder
04-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Hi all,
Not too bad at all. I gained .6#. After weighing myself Sunday night----I was really scared. However, probably two of the pounds were due to the saltiness of the ham. I gave away all the ham and ate really well Monday and Tuesday. Today has been really good too. Got on the boardwalk yesterday. Today it's raining again-----not stationary though because my dh and I got out food shopping and we walked around the $store. That's all good. Will make a dinner to bring to daughter's tomorrow when we'll be baby sitting our grandson. This planning is the way to go.

Good luck and :cheers: to us all. Here's to a good July1-4 weekend WI!!
Judy
234.6/194./180's and thinner :cool:

terrod99
04-28-2011, 08:13 AM
Hey Turtles

Sounds like everyone is on track this week, no more acting like turtles!

I weighted myself yesterday I am the same so I am good with that! Went to the Y this am for 30 min cardio. So at least getting the exercise on track.

Summer is coming and we go to the lake a lot on weekends. You eat differently, when you only have a cooler to keep food cold, (no electricity at the cabin). So as Judy says planning will be important.

So Happy Thursday! The week has flown by!

Terri

Princess1122
04-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Morning all and happy Thursday to everyone. I have been sooo busy this week that I just have not had time to get online much and have not done well with eating or exercising... my TOM arrived at the beginning of the week so the scale is way up but if I am honest my TOM is not the only reason that the scale is way up... ugh. Something needs to click really soon for me.

I have to get to a meeting so have to run but will try and get back on again later to see how everyone is doing.

Itryharder
04-28-2011, 09:48 AM
Terri, great that your scale is looking good. Keep up the exercise! :tread:

Princess, I hear that "click" right around the corner for you. I'm sure it's going to reach you soon. You've been super successful and I know you'll get that back.

Bandit, how are you?

Things here are good. I shopped yesterday and got WW friendly foods back in the house. Oh----I had a revelation. I bought two pork chops at the butcher----his shop is right by WW's mtg. I wanted one for dinner, but it was huge and I knew I'd need lots and lots of points for it. I weighed it raw and where I thought it might be 11oz., it was 7oz. and it had a bone in it. So it was only 5points plus which is not bad at all especially since I skipped a starch for dinner having broccoli and green beans instead. That worked yesterday. Now I have to find a good recipe for chopped beef to bring to my dd's today since I'm babysitting and I don't want take-out food.

Okay----enough about me. You all take care and keep on keepin' on. We can do this. I can lose 1# 40X and I plan to do that this year!!!! :goodscale:
Judy
234.6/194/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
04-28-2011, 10:02 AM
Morning, turtles:

Wicked weather this a.m. on way to work, hopefully it won't be so intense
later.

Week going pretty good - didn't get in any exercise though yesterday
So only walked 6 miles this past week but have been good with my menu.
My gf is still at my place & she likes to cook & is very careful and healthy,
which is nice.

Have my w/i in tonight & my scale is exactly same as last week, so have no idea what it will actually be tonight - sometimes we get these little surprises
at the meetings.

Nice job for those having success this week & Princess, hope you get some time for yourself and get back on track.

Have a great Thursday!

terrod99
04-29-2011, 08:00 AM
TGIF Turtles!!!!

Bandit you said it wicked was the only way to describe Thursdays weather! Talk about wind storm, never have we had winds that strong that I can remember. Our hydo went out at work at 9:50 and still was not on when we left at 3:30. Catch up day today!

Watching a bit of the wedding ceremony, 6:30 was early enough for me to get up!!!! Trying to see Fergie see how her weight is holding up!!!!
No gym to day work, shopping, then going to the lake for the weekend.

Have a great weekend!

Terri

Princess1122
04-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! W/I was terrible last night, up 3.0 lbs as expected... will move on.

I was up early enough to see part the wedding also, she was so pretty and seemed so calm - I loved some of the hats that were worn, I look awful in hats so I admire those that can wear them well.

Very busy day ahead and a busy weekend also... DH and I are going to Cinci, Ohio tomorrow to see a Reds game that I had purchased tickets for during his birthday celebration last month - going over there is never good as we hit all of his favorite places to eat and none of it is healthy... LOL - but all of it is yummy! We are going to go to Jungle Jims though which I love... it is a huge market with a ton of fresh stuff as well as imported items, I will take my cooler and get some fish while we are there, there fresh fish market is fabulous!

Have to run but have a great weekend all!

Itryharder
04-29-2011, 10:41 AM
I caught the ceremony this morning as well. I was up at six and saw the royals exchange their vows. What a life they have ahead of them. I wish them well.

We've had miserable weather here still---- but no tornados so I need to count my blessings.

Princess, your weekend sounds like fun.

Terri, have fun at your cottage this weekend.

Bandit, have a good time with your buddies.

I did something positive yesterday. I made and brought to my daughter's house my unstuffed cabbage and an orange. Too many times I am tempted by the foods she needs to keep in her home for her son and that doesn't work for me. I babysat for a bit yesterday and then my dh and I had time for a Netflix movie. Fun.
Tonight we're going to friends for dinner, then tomorrow it's back here for a :hb: celebration for one of our sons-in-law. I'll make sure I'm on the boardwalk today----it's finally sunny----and I'll make the best food choices I can.
:cheer: to everyone. Let's make this one day a good one!!! We'll worry about tomorrow when it comes.
JUdy

life4evr
05-01-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks everyone. So I am back from Va there were some storms. Also more tornados in NC last week. So I didn't get to really enjoy my vacation because I got sick. I was upset. I couldn't keep food down at all. But on a brighter note I can finally eat food again. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

bandit2
05-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi turtles:

Busy weekend up here & the weather is better than last week, which is nice.
Still overcast toay though.

I was down 1# at my Thurs meeting, so was happy about that and got in
my walk on Fri and going again this afternoon. My friend is still here since
it hasn't been warm enough for her to go to the lake.

Princess - sorry to hear about your weigh in & hoping you have a better week
coming up. Frustrating when that happens.

All - hope you are having a nice weekend.

Itryharder
05-01-2011, 03:03 PM
Life4evr, sorry you got sick, but glad you're feeling better. :idea:

Bandit, :bravo: and :cheers: for losing weight even though your friend is here. :goodscale: and :chef: and :tread: for keepin' on.

I'm doing fine. Had my dsil's :hb: here yesterday. He likes Cheesecake Factory, so we order from the menu and he and my dd pick up the order and we eat here. I had a pear/endive/chicken salad from their Weight Management Menu and it was delicious. Higher in calories/points plus than a real salad, but it was yummy and I only ate half of it. Yay. Got on the boardwalk today with dh so now we're gonna relax. Wanted to chime in. We can do this. Sending :goodvibes: to all of us.

Judy

terrod99
05-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Happy Monday Morning Turtles

Good weekend, Sat weather perfect, cool nights, but we managed, lots of exercise sat raked 38 bags of leaves!!! And there are still more!!!! Ate some things I shoudn't have but didn't over do it too much.

Sounds like eveyone is doing well, lets keep it up!!!! no more turtling!!! lets make those scales move in the right direction,

Here to having a great first week of May on plan week!!!

Terri

Princess1122
05-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Good morning all and happy Monday! Very rainy icky day here and it is supposed to be like this pretty much all week. The weekend was nice - got some walking in - food was off a bit due to the ball game and all but over all it could have been worse. DH is going to start counting points again so that will help me in the long run.

I have a doctors appointment this afternoon to have my shoulder rechecked from when I fell during the ice storm this winter... it is not getting any better and in fact is getting worse so I will leave work early today to see what they have to say and what can be done.

I hope everyone has a great on plan week!

CherryAutumn
05-02-2011, 12:00 PM
Apparently I have been snacking a lot more than i thought. Part of it may be that TOM is here. Either way my weight is up 4 pounds and I am freaking out. This morning i did 10 min. on my parents Gazelle. So that is something. I will try to keep track of what I am eating.

bandit2
05-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess, our weather is rainey as well and will be until later in the week.
I have not cut my grass yet & it is getting pretty long, so hopefully I
will be able to get that done this weekend. And almost time to open
up the trailer for another season.

Weekend wasn't too bad. But I did have alittle too much wine Sat evening
and a fellow I went out with brought me more tarts - so I told him that was very nice but that is enough of that.

CHerry - nice to see you posting again.

Hope everyone has a great week.

Itryharder
05-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey, I see an upswing here at the Turtles! I had a decent weekend too. It looks like we're all trying and although we may not be 100%, WW's doesn't ask us to be----what with our extra points plus, etc. So, :cheer: and :cheers: and :balloons: and :chef: and :idea: to all of us and don't forget the :tread:

Bandit, that was nice of your fellow to bring tarts-----and smart of you to say no thanks to that----flowers are nice too. LOL.

Cherry, you did the right thing hopping on the gazelle. Those pounds will disappear when TOM goes away. Keep on tracking and you'll get there.

Princess, glad you had a good weekend----I'm guessing ballpark food isn't viewer friendly! Good luck at the doctor's today. I'm hoping he can figure out what's going on and bring you some relief.

Terri, Yay! Keep up the good work.
JUdy
234.6/1j94/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
05-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone and a very happy super rainy Tuesday it is! Ugh, enough with the rain already! The weather guy said this morning that we are due to have this kind of weather for most of the month of May... double ugh! Our garden is doing ok but is so water logged that I wonder what will actually get rot before it can grow enough to harvest.

I have to go for an MRI tomorrow afternoon, they could not fit me in yesterday so it had to be scheduled for Wednesday. The doctor thinks that I ripped something in the shoulder so we will see what the test says before we proceed.

Have a great day everyone! Super busy again this week but will try and get back on again later today to see what is going on with everyone.

Princess1122
05-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! At least it is not raining here this afternoon... it did this morning, and it might this evening... but it is not raining right now! Yeah!

Off to the doctors soon to have the MRI but it has been a busy morning....

Knitting class tonight if I can make it... the MRI is way across the city and I have to get home to let the dogs out then make it to knitting class which is a ways from my house... will do the best that I can though as I started a couple of new projects, one of them is a lace shawl and I need the teachers help with that one... LOL.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Itryharder
05-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Hi Guys, I went to WI and am up 1.6#-----not a good trend. My new weight is 195.6# and that's terrible. I'm committing myself right now to eating better and doing the baby steps to get back on track. Had a great weekend and then on Monday and Tuesday ate like there was no tomorrow. All emotional and I'm lucky enough to know what is causing it, so I'll journal and get this out of my system. Lucky I have a woman's group tonight to go to and that's always fun.

Princess, good luck with your MRI and the knitting. The knitting sounds like fun, at least!

Everyone----keep up the good work-----have fun and keep on track!
Judy
234.6/195.6/ugh and thinner :cool:

bandit2
05-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi turtles:

Princess - our weather is pretty same as yours and nice to see some sun
today. Good luck with your MRI and hopefully you can get all fixed up
in no time.

Judy - not nice to see that darn scale going up, but good for you for getting
to your meeting and as you said, you know the problem and will deal with it.
So here's to next week being better!

My gf left this a.m. and now I will get back into my normal routine. It was
great having some company for a few weeks & overall, we ate pretty healthy
and got in some exercise.

Hope everyone is doing great this week.

life4evr
05-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Popping in real quick. I am doing okay. I am over my stomach issue. Well I ate like there was no tomorrow yesterday and paid for it dearly. Today was better with tracking and eating. I also made it to zumba class. Weigh in should be interesting on Sunday. I was sick most of last week so I wasn't really eating. On the search for recipes. I start back classes on the 24th so I am excited about that. Hope everyone had a good day.

terrod99
05-05-2011, 08:24 AM
Hey All Week is flying by~~!

Busy here trying to be good! Also eating too much, but have made it to Y last 2 mornings.

Princess God bless Americican Health Care in Canada you would first have an ultrasound which for a shoulder right now wait time is 7 weeks (ordered one yesterday for a patient) then when those results are in they might order a further study by MRI which would also be a 7-8 week wait!!!! So by now it is September and you still don't know what is going on! Then a surgical consult would be 8-12 months. Sorry for the rant but you guys are lucky you can get things done so quick. I'm sure there is a bad side too!

Anyway!All Sun is shining and we all need to get off the food train back on the healthy train!!! Move our butts into gear!!!

Terri

Itryharder
05-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Life4evr,
Congrats on getting back to classes soon. I'm sending you :goodvibes: to get the goal you want.

Terri, yep----health care here is expensive, but it is available. Every time I hear someone from Canada discuss what is available for them, I shudder.

Today I am starting over. I have my meals planned and I have posted them on my fridge. I need to listen to my body and eat when I'm hungry----I have to stop punishing myself by eating too much food. I'm a good person. I deserve to be thinner and healthier. Yes! That's true. Now I have to work on believing it.

Best wishes and a great day to everyone!
Judy
234.6/195.6/thinner----come one-----do what it takes to get thinner! :cool:

bandit2
05-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone:

Gorgeous sunny day up here!

Everyone sounds like they are trying, regrouping, refocussing which is nice to
see.

Judy - I like your attitude and no nonsense approach.

And remember "If losing weight was easy, we would all be thin"
It is tough but so are we, so lets get motivated and have success with this.

This week, I walked 9 miles and stayed on track 5 days & hopefully
the scale will cooperate tonight.

Good luck everyone with their weighs this week!

Princess1122
05-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Hello everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Sunny and chilly day down here so I will do my last chance work out by mowing the yard after work today before I head to my TOPS meeting and weigh in... DH just laughs at me and my last chance work out... LOL - oh well, it is practical - gets the grass mowed and gives me exercise.

Went for the MRI yesterday afternoon and this should tell you how tired / worn out I am lately... I actually fell asleep during the test and it is so loud in those machines that they could wake the dead but not me... out I went just like turning off the lights LOL. Should get the results back in a couple of days.

Not sure what the scale will say tonight but what ever it is I will take it and like Judy have recommited myself... tired of the roller coaster.

Terri: I totally understand and agree with you... I was stunned when they voted for the new health care system down here. Like Judy said, we pay for it dearly but it is available and I am grateful every single day that I have it.

Life: Weigh ins are going to be interesting for us all this week I fear.

Bandit: Have a great meeting and weigh in, I think you will be the exception and really blow us all away with your numbers!

Judy: How are the hives doing? I am right there with you in the recommitment department so I am thinking that your idea of menus on the fridge is a great one! I will try that!

I have to run, crazy day again at work!

terrod99
05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
TGIF

I recommit to stay on plan, drink water, move more and not eat any more candy at work!!!! Everyone -- turtles and work girls have been munching like mad all week! It is stopping today. I pledge.

Grocery shopping today, good food only. I fthe guys want anything else they can go buy it!

Hope everyone has a great day, and weekend! Lets keep at it and do this!!! Together a group of women can accomplish anything they put there minds to! So together lets do this!!!

Terri

Princess1122
05-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Good morning all and Happy Friday! Yeah... very glad it is here this week, feels like it was the never ending week for some reason. Have not heard back from the doctor yet so maybe that is a good thing...

Went to my meeting last night and W/I - I was down 2.4 lbs, happy about that but I need to do better... I am recommited also though and really feeling like I can get back on track... summer is here and I really want to be in shape.

My big picture goal is this... I turn 50 in September of next year so that gives me a little over a year to get down to my goal weight... I have quit smoking which I wanted to do, now it is time for the weight to come off and to get my body back into a shape and health level that will carry me thru my middle age years in relative comfort... because at my current weight that is not going to happen... I have knee trouble now, etc that I have never had before... so that is my goal and it is doable if I stay on track.

This weeks goal for me is to drink my water, journal my food, stay WITHIN my points, and be down another 2.0 lbs at next weeks weigh in.

I did up a news letter for my TOPS group and handed it out last night, everyone seemed to like it.

I have a busy weekend ahead so I may not get online very much but have a great day everyone and a wonderful Mothers Day to you all!

bandit2
05-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Morning, turtles:

Princess - congrats on such a fabulous weight loss this week, awesome!
Nice to hear you are recommitted for this.

Terry - yes, workplace can be challenging & it is tough to always pass up
the goodies. Last week there were doughnuts brought in, but I skipped those
But every once in awhile I will indulge - guess we have to pick our battles
while trying to lose the weight.

I was down 1# last night (thought it would be more - but always thankful
for any weight loss at the scales) We are having a contest for motivation
and are divided up into groups & you get points for certains things. The
object of this is to not let your team members down and for the team to
motivate each other. So will see how this goes.

So looks like "grass cutting season" has kicked in for me. But before I do that
I need to pick up lots of branches/big twigs from the yard and get my lawn
mower started. So that is todays challenge along with some food shopping
to stock up on good choices.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Itryharder
05-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Princess:bravo: :balloons: :dancer: :carrot: :dance: Weigh to go on your wonderful :goodscale: Keep up the good work. I knew you'd hear the click and you did!!! Yep, you stopped smoking and now you're working on the weight. Great! Turning 50 and being your right weight will be awesome.

Bandit, keep up the good work. :goodscale: even though it wasn't as dramatic as you thought you deserved. Whenever that would happen to me I'd whine bitterly----and you're not doing that. Yay! Keeping up all the good things you did this week will pay off at the scale next week! :bravo:
:balloons: :dancer: :dance: :carrot:!!

Terri, I love that recomittment. As a matter of fact, we are all recomitted and in the Weight Loss Mode. I feel it. I read it! Maybe it just took spring to let sunshine in more than a day a week. In any case, we're there---we're all pulling together. Yesterday I allowed myself more power foods and I wasn't hungry at bedtime. That's major since I would often have a "little snack" before I rolled into bed. This is a good thing.

Sorry to be long-----:idea: to all feel our power as a group of women ala Terri and do this!!! I'm aiming for low 180's by July 4th. That's my goal.
Now I'm going to print out my eating plan for today and tack it to my fridge. That worked yesterday and it'll work again today.

Judy
234.6/195.6/180's and thinner :cool:

Princess1122
05-08-2011, 07:13 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all! I just wanted to pop on real quick and say Happy Mothers Day to all of you Turtles!

Itryharder
05-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Thanks Princess!

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms and daughters here on The Turtles.
Have a good one.
Judy
234.6/195.6/180's and thinner :cool:

bandit2
05-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Hi turtle:

Happy Mothers Day! Everyone- enjoy your day.

terrod99
05-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Happy Monday Turtles

Hope all had a great Mothers Day! Spent the day with my 2 sons, had a nice day. Weather was great.

Went to the Y this am, now must must eat well today!!!! + lots of water. We can do this!!!! Thinking very thin today!!!!!

Keepin at it!!!

Terri

Princess1122
05-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! We had a nice day yesterday, I got some wonderful gift cards that I will put to very good use and really enjoyed the day with my family.

I did pretty darned good over the weekend with my eating... I could have done a bit better but over all I think that I did really well. I also got to the gym both days, Saturday I met D-DIL down at her gym, we were going to grab a cycling class but when we got there the class had been cancelled so we kind of did our own thing on the bikes for about 45 minutes but Sunday I got in a full cycle class, then headed home to shower and get ready for the festivities. Over all it was a fabulous weekend!

They are calling for rain all week here, or at least a chance of it each day, I am really hoping that it holds off tomorrow so that we can have our first "Walking Group" for TOPS - will see how it goes and just hope and pray for the best.

Terri: Wonderful that you got to spend the day with your boys!

Bandit: How are you doing so far this week? I heard about a couple of good books that I need to post on here, I have not read them yet but they come highly recommended by a gal in my book club. The 19th Wife was good, very well done and the story is good, I would read more by that author.

Judy: Did you make it up to the boardwalk over the weekend? DH and I are trying very hard to plan a trip to the east coast this summer, my brother and his wife own a coffee/art shop in Va and DH wants to see some of the sights around Washington DC and I want to stick my toes in the sand at the beach so it looks like we are going to make a mini trip... an evening on the boardwalk enjoying the sights and sounds is in order too!

Life: How are you doing?

Cherry: How was your mothers day? I hope that the kids were healthy and that you were feeling well and able to enjoy the day.

bandit2
05-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Hi turtles:

Nice sunny day up here & it is suppose to be a pretty good week weatherwise,
which will be nice. Bought a new lawnmower and it sure made cutting the grass alot easier, so that is under control.

Weekend was not so good as far as food went. This dating stuff really
makes it difficult to stay on track over the weekend. I ended up going to Lone
Star Sat evening and had ribs which are very high in points. Yesterday
was OK since I had Swiss Chalet with my dd & exhusband. So have to
behave rest of the week.

Next weekend my trailer park opens, so hoping to get up there & get things
set up for the season.

Tonight getting in my walk and will be having talapia fish for dinner, which
is low in points.

All - hope you have a great week and rock the scale!

terrod99
05-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Another Great Day!

The weather is finally warming up!!! Hopefully will be nice for the long weekend (next week). Very busy at work, not enough hours in the day! Tonight the nurses in the building are doing our CPR refresher so will be a long day won't be home til late. I did plan and have food packed for supper.

Bandit What trailer park are you in? There are so many lakes around just wondering if you are near by? We go to Centennial Lake near Bonnecho provincial park. A long drive but a nice waterfront lot, privacy.

Princess Glad you had a wonderful weekend! Lots of exercise!!! Good for you!

Hope everyone else is well and keepin at it!!!!

Terri

Princess1122
05-10-2011, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Chance of rain here today so not sure how the whole walking group will work out, will keep my eye to the sky and my fingers crossed.

Bandit: Congrats on the new mower! We got DH a new one a couple of years ago and like you said, it makes a difference! Best wishes for a great week!

Judy: How are you doing? I hope that you are having a wonderful on plan week!

Terri: Great job in planning with your food, etc. It really makes a difference on those long days when you have your meals with you. I love spending time on the water but we have to drive a ways to get to anything worth vacationing at but we do try at least once a season to get up to Lake Mich.

Life: How are you doing?

I tried to do my new Zumbe Wii work out last night... LOL - ugh, I am soooo out of shape! I lasted maybe 15 minutes and I sure don't remember the moves being that hard - will keep at it though. Doctor called back with my results... nothing torn in the shoulder just a moderate case of arthritis - I have two choices, therapist or a shot in the shoulder... not loving either one of them so I told her I would think about it and see what my insurance would cover and get back to them. I mean, if it is arthritis do I need to do either of them? It is not like arthritis goes away right? Any help here from someone who knows would be very welcome.

Have a great day all!

CherryAutumn
05-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Princess- what do you think of the Zumba wii game? I have been trying to decide if it is a good purchase or not.

My scale broke so i am not sure what i weigh but i know it is not good. I just cant seem to even get started anymore. I know this sounds negative and i appologize for that. When i try to make a goal or get started i feel like i have failed before i even start.

bandit2
05-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Morning, turtles:

Another nice day & since I got side tracked last night with getting together all
my yard waste/breaking down boxes for recycling I didn't get in my walk last night. But I do have enough leftovers for my supper tonight, so planning
on walking before Biggest Loser. The tilapia turned out nice and I made
mashed cauliflower with light cream cheese & abit of butter along with
asparagus - so very low point dinner.

Terri - my trailer is 1/2 hour north of my house off of Island Road in Port Perry
Park is called Goreski Lakeside Recreation. Nice park but it is on Lake Scugog
which isn't the best. But I wanted something close to home that I didn't have to drive far or go on big highways. And no excuse not to get the use of it since it is close. 2 minutes from Blue Heron Casino.

Princess - too bad about your arthritis, I have a bad knee and find the more walking I do the better it feels. If I don't go for a week, it seems to be more bothersome. So, maybe yours would feel better with gentle movements but
I really don't know. And I love the hot-tub & find that just makes everything
better.

Cherry - nice to see you posting & heres hoping you do what you can.
It is tough with being so busy with your little ones & we all get sidetracked
trying to do this. Maybe just try and change 1 thing for awhile & then keep
adding little things along the way. Good luck.

Judy - how are you managing this week?

All - hope you are all staying on track.

Itryharder
05-10-2011, 01:04 PM
going to boardwalk w/dh. We're going to eat lunch there after we walk. Sounds like fun.
Judy
I'll write more when I get back

terrod99
05-11-2011, 07:54 AM
Hope everyone is having a good week! I woke up with a sore shoulder (CPR recert last night!) and have red goopy eyes. Not sure if it is just allergies? I am afraid to step on the scale I know I have overdone it this week! Poor me!!

Bandit it would be nice to have a place closer to home, you could commute to work if you wanted! But it is nice to have somewhere to get away, and be close to the casino!!!!

Princess try the physio I think it will help. Its a lot of work but you can learn the exercises and do them at home.

Cherry just keep at it it will click.

Judy that walk/lunch must have been a great time!!!!

Must get back on track, water, power foods keep at it!!!!!

Terri

Princess1122
05-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! Very warm here in the midwest right now, we were in the 80's yesterday and very muggy, we are supposed to cool down a bit for the weekend though with lots of rain in the forcast.

Went to walking group last night, one gal from TOPS showed up and a few of my family members did too - I walked for 50 minutes straight at a nice pace so it was a good work out.

My TOM showed up yesterday... I was so angry, I thought "REALLY!?!?!" I mean you were just here less than two weeks ago did you have to come back so soon!?!?! I guess I am starting menopause and just need to get used to it but how is a gal supposed to lose any weight when she has her period twice a month!

Boss just called... I have to run but will pop back in a bit to finish up!

Princess1122
05-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Have a quick minute so thought I would hop back on:

Terri: Yep, I am thinking that therapy is going to be the way to go, the shots cure nothing so they are not an answer for me at this point. I stopped and got some Glucosamin type stuff that is supposed to help joint health and am still checking into insurance so will just see what happens.

Cherry: Too soon to tell on the Zumba but I will say this, the beginner level of the DVD is fast paced and moves very quickly so don't get frustrated if you can't keep up right away - I would imagine it is going to take some practice to get that right. I have taken classes before but this is a bit more advanced I think so it will take some getting used to for me.

Judy: How was the boardwalk and lunch?

Bandit: Your supper sounds like it was very good! Good luck at W/I tomorrow night! Yeah, the arthritis is no fun at all, actually this getting older thing is not what it is cracked up to be at all... LOL.

Have a great day all!

Itryharder
05-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Gals, I need to start a new thread. Thrilled so many of you are doing great.
We ate out 5 times last week and I'm up 1.2# at WI. Yesterday was a very good day. Today will be also. Boardwalk and lunch were wonderful. I'm dealing with the fear of going back to 200# after taking years to break it.
Very emotional.
I love you all. Just don't have time to reply to all your writing. Will start the new thread now and see you all at #255 Bale of Turtles Hearing that Click!
Judy