Old 04-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #1  
Keep on Keep'in on

S/C/G: 174/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Default I want to wear a bikini!!!

Last summer I didn't lay out or swim at all because I felt HORRIBLE about the way I looked!.. This summer.. I want to be back in a BIKINI!!! I go to the store and I see all these really cute ones and they're all over the magazines.. I won't exactly be at the weight I was when I got pregnant.. but dang it I will be wearing a bikini this summer! haha. I am making myself work really hard and if I can make it to 149 by May 24th (I know a bit of a time crunch) I will be allowing myself to wear a bikini this summer! This also means I will be working hard on toning my bad areas! any ideas on how I can acheive this?? I weight 157 currently...
Andrbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:08 PM   #2  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Height: 5'6"

My goal is wearing a bikini this summer too!!

What kind of diet are you on? What kind of exercise and how often?
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #3  
Keep on Keep'in on

Right now I am just TRYING to watch what I eat. I try to stay between 1200-1500 calories a day and it has really helped i've lost 9 pounds since March 8th. I plan on starting a diet called the 17 day diet. It's a book and it goes through phases and helps you detox. and then learn a new life style.. so it's not really a 17 day one. but whatever haha. Currently I take a cardio and toning class 1 day a week for an hour. and the other days I try to be active. Whether its walking around the store.. going on a walk when its not cold and rainy etc. I have an elliptical I used to do everyday but then I started slacking. I need to pick that back up... What about you??
Old 04-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #4  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Y'all are brave and awesome!

I fear that after having my kiddo I'll not feel confident enough to wear a bikini again.
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:58 PM   #5  
Keep on Keep'in on

I am the same way.. I have REALLY bad stretch marks. and They have lightened a lot after using a lot of bio oil. But I'm terrified. All my friends are like 100-130. And I'm so scared to even go around them.
Old 04-21-2011, 02:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

I have a TON of stretch marks (and I HATE HATE HATE them!!!!). They are all over my tummy, sides, but, thigh and boobs. Some are an inch wide. My tummy is flabby and gross (yes, even at my weight and height). I still wear a freaking bikini if I want to. I did last summer, will again this summer. I have a cute dress cover up for when I'm out of the water. I don't give a damn who sees me. That's the way my body looks. Got four beautiful kids to show for it. However, as much as I don't care what other people think of my body, I do! I hate, hate, hate it. I just have to much self pride and confidence in WHO I AM to let what others think of me or my body matter. With that being said, however, if my hubby would to ever make a bad or negative comment, I'd be running for the hills and hiding, because his is the only opinion that matters to me. Plus hey, I've got four kids that I have no choice (whether I like it or not) but to project self confidence in front of, positive strong self esteem, self worth and that the perfection of the human body, is perception and IS perfect the way we are! Not air brushed, starved or artificially enhanced. (although yes, I am human too and sometimes dream of the tummy tuck and boob job lol). Ok.... that was a long rant. I just hate hearing people say how much they won't wear a bikini because their stretch marks or body are gross. No, your stretch marks and body are REAL, once we all realize this we all may eventually even find the beautiful (myself included)
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #7  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Nothing is going to keep me out of the pool!

But, yeah, I'd LOVE to feel really sexy is a nice swimsuit! A bikini uis a real goal of mine. I've never worn one in my life and feel like I should have the chance to.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:45 PM   #8  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Crystal,

That is an awesome sentiment. I do believe that I will continue to wear a one-piece, but I REALLY appreciate your perspective on being strong and confident for your kiddos. Kudos to you!
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:54 PM   #9  
J.la

Height: 5'0''

I want to wear a bikini too one day in my life. I dont think I have ever gotten to wear one in my life The last time my stomach was flat I think I was 9. I dont think it will happen for me this summer but good luck to you!
j0lamo01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 PM   #10  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 166/ticker/135

Height: 5'6

that is also my goal. i've been tempted to buy one to keep me motivated, but then i get discouraged that i won't look good and don't want to waste money.
skylinedrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:02 PM   #11  
...Live.Your.Dream...

S/C/G: 186/180/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrbeck View Post
Right now I am just TRYING to watch what I eat. I try to stay between 1200-1500 calories a day and it has really helped i've lost 9 pounds since March 8th. I plan on starting a diet called the 17 day diet. It's a book and it goes through phases and helps you detox. and then learn a new life style.. so it's not really a 17 day one. but whatever haha. Currently I take a cardio and toning class 1 day a week for an hour. and the other days I try to be active. Whether its walking around the store.. going on a walk when its not cold and rainy etc. I have an elliptical I used to do everyday but then I started slacking. I need to pick that back up... What about you??

I track calories as well, staying between 1200-1400, never higher than 1600 except on a cheat day (currently Sunday). I also do low carb (which I have had more servings of carbs than I deserve) and I work out 2x a day 5 days a week, and 1x a day on Saturday. Sunday I do nothing! I am going to start running and see where that gets me!
WendeeLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 07:25 PM   #12  
Keep on Keep'in on

You are WAY more motivated than I am!! i wish I could to that
Old 04-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 147/120

Height: 5'6

Wow Wendee Lou, that is a really inspiring workout schedule, I am impressed! you are gonna reach your goal in no time with eating well too.

Crystal, I have to say your post touched me because I've always been one of those girls that felt so self conscious b/c of stretch marks and cellulite at the beach or pool. I'm definitely envious of your confidence. I'm trying to work on that myself.

I'm starting a pilates class soon so I'm excited to see the results from that and how it will help me tone my middle area.

Kasey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 205/205/145

One day (really soon), I will post pictures of me in a bikini on here- stretch marks and all!!!! Yes, mine are absolutley terrible, but hey, it's me! If my picture gives at least one of the ladies on here to look at their bodies and go hey, I'm not as bad as that, or I'm just as bad, but she can do it, why can't I? Then one of the ladies on here goes out in a bikini and eventually gains confidence, then I think I done what my orginal intent was. Hopefully, then someone will see her and the confidence just gets passed around... What a lot of women fail to realize, is that our bodies are perfect- stretch marks and all! That's the way we were designed. Children don't have stretch marks no- but for children their bodies are perfect. Women and (alot of men just not as many) have stretch marks, and OUR bodies as adults are perfect that way. I want the body of a man any day of the week. Most men want the body of a women any day of the week- and those women have stretch marks- may they be little and inconspicous or large and out there, WE HAVE THEM! Yes, mine do get me down and out sometimes, absolutely, but the more I try to accept and embrace them, the more empowered I feel over them. Us women as a whole, need to band together and show the world what REAL bodies are made of. Before pregnancy, after pregnancy, and weight loss and growth, whatever. Let the next generation of men know this is what real bodies are, accept, embrace and love them. That's perfection! Not airbrushing, not plastic surgery, not such pure unrealistic vanity! Okay, rant over or else I'm going to keep going LOL
Crystalx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM   #15  

Height: 5'9"

If it helps, before last summer I had never worn a bikini in my life. And, I used to be around 130 lbs in college (which isn't bad for 5'9") and I STILL felt too fat for a bikini!

But, I'll tell you, by mid-summer I actually felt pretty good in my bikini. I had gotten a decent tan that helped hide a few stretch marks. BESIDES, for all the women out there that look completely hot in bikinis, there are JUST AS MANY out there that look far worse in a bikini than you do. Trust me!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote