Old 04-21-2011, 09:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Earned Activity Points reduced! Ack!!

I am so bummed. I knew it would happen at some point - I just didn't expect it to happen at this weight or this soon.

Does anybody know how WW gauges the AP values to decide when to cut them? Is it because I am halfway to their 'normal weight'? Will it happen again? How low will it go, does it have a minimum to earn for 1 hr of aerobics? (you know like DP+s only reduce to 29)

Has this happened to you and how did you deal with it?
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

View that as a positive! Your body is becoming more efficient!! That could be a NSV that your body is not having to work as hard as it was before - it's not just that you've lost points, you're shaping up - and with the loss, you don't need as many calories to fuel up! Good job!!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 11:40 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

I just noticed this as well. I do workout DVDs and one that before gave me 6 points only gave me 5 this morning. I'm a little freaked out, but it's okay. That's what I wanted, I wanted to be more fit and I guess I'm headed in the right direction.
Cammie-Cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #4  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixC Chix View Post
I am so bummed. I knew it would happen at some point - I just didn't expect it to happen at this weight or this soon.

Does anybody know how WW gauges the AP values to decide when to cut them? Is it because I am halfway to their 'normal weight'? Will it happen again? How low will it go, does it have a minimum to earn for 1 hr of aerobics? (you know like DP+s only reduce to 29)

Has this happened to you and how did you deal with it?
This happened to me after I lost the first 15 lbs or so. Cool that it's a sign of losing weight, but sad that I like to keep track of my APs and suddenly that week's dropped a bit.

There is a chart in the pocket guide, where the pink tab is (page 136+). It's convoluted in the sense that it isn't just a clear-cut drop at x weight. It drops at different times for different intensities. For example there is a drop for 1 hour high intensity between 210/200, then another between 200/190. But medium intensity the drops are 240/230, 200/190, etc. I'm glad etools figures it out.

Last edited by Somni; 05-30-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Somni is offline   Reply With Quote