Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Default Easter Dinner!!

Hi Everyone!

How many of you plan on tracking Sunday? Usually when it comes to the holidays I skip tracking but I'd really like to start. I just don't know how to go about actually doing it! My family has huge get togethers for every holiday and of course there is always a TON of food. It's hard NOT to go up for a second and third plate which I've always done.

My leader handed out a few recipes yesterday and I'm wondering if I should bring my own Weight Watcher friendly sides. There is going to be a ham and if I have to I'll bring my food scale to weigh out my portion. I am also in charge of bringing desert for everyone and I'm having trouble choosing at least 2 to make! Any ideas?
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

Our easter dinner will be roasted veggies, a roast, fruit salad and I'm bringing a red lentil dish. My family eats quite healthy and one of my brothers is vegan so there are always good things to choose from.

I'll track on Sunday, I can estimate the meat, count veggies as zero with some oil points, and the lentils. I have yoga class tonight, tomorrow morning, Saturday morning and Sunday morning so I'll be quite AP'd up and ready for some yummy food!
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 AM   #3  
Incredible Shrinking Lisa

S/C/G: 279.2/ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

I'll document what I eat but I probably won't worry too much about points. I am bringing an app and a dessert, so I know at least those will be WW friendly. Lol!
LisaP916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #4  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

I never track Sunday dinner (it's a weekly thing in my family.) I mean, I estimate, but I don't worry too much about it, because a) I don't eat much of it anyway and b) we eat it early enough that I don't eat breakfast beforehand, so it all kind of evens out.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5'6

i think im going to treat easter like golden corral.. LOAD UP ON THE 0 point foods! lol
i think ham is also done by the slice
Jinksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #6  
~*Regina*~

S/C/G: 304/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

We also have a huge family party and I always go way overboard. My approach this year is going to be, soup, salad, ham, veggies and small spoonful of mashed potatoes. I am not going up for seconds and then for dessert I will have 1 slice of pie. I am not going to count my points but I am going to watch what I am eating. It's a day to have fun and enjoy yourself, Holidays are not everyday.
BlueEyes83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/204/170

Height: 5'8"

How about angel food cake with fresh berries and (FF?) whipped topping? I'm usually not much help with desserts. My Easter favorites are cheesecake with strawberries or Peanut butter pie. The points are not pretty. :-)

I'm in luck this year because my mother in law is cooking dinner and she doesn't usually make any desserts, which are my weakness. Now the candy from the kids easter egg hunt...that could be dangerous!
Michellelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #8  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I will try to keep track of how many points I'm eating this Sunday but I won't beat myself up if I just happen to fudge up.

For Easter dessert- I will be making jello poke cake with yellow cake mix, SF strawberry jello then lite cool whip mixed with SF vanilla pudding and crushed pineapple for the frosting. YUMMMM!!!!

I will also be making chocolate cupcakes w/ cream cheese frosting for rest of the fam this Easter. Must.stay.away.from.them. LoL
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #9  
Not Giving Up!

S/C/G: 351/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

I always track and aim to make healthy choices and stay reasonable with my portions but if I go over in points/calories, I don't dwell on it. For Easter I will be going to a buffet lunch with friends and then later in the afternoon a potluck family dinner. I don't know what the menu for the buffet is but I should be able to find healthy options there. The family dinner will be a bit trickier, as they are a typical Southern family whose idea of a vegetable side is potato salad or macaroni and cheese. I found a tasty-sounding recipe for a healthy broccoli and bacon cold salad on eatingwell.com and will be bringing that.

Amandie, your dessert sounds yummy! Have you made it before? Would you mind sharing the recipe?
LitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

My family is extremely southern, so we have huge potlucks at least 5 times a year. I have learned to always bring something that I will eat. Most of my family is weirded out by "diet" foods so I have been actively trying to bring things that they will try and introduce them to new ways of using favorite ingredients. For Easter I am making Texas Caviar (Black eyed pea salad). I love almost any cold bean salad, so I am excited to try this one! My mom is bringing a fresh fruit salad, so I know that I will have a WW friendly dessert option~
digitalrequiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:52 PM   #11  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

LitChick- Nope, have not made it before but I except it to be good coming from this friend of mine- we have totally similar tastes in food, lol. It is his absolute favorite and he has to have it every year for his birthday and some other holidays as well, lol.

This is his mother's recipe as follows without modifications.

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup boiling water
1 package strawberry jello (or your fave flavor, really.)
1/2 cup cold water
1 tub (lite) cool whip, thawed
About 1-2 cups of strawberries, hulled and sliced.

Make the cake as directed on package using 9 by 13 pan. Cool cake in pan for about 15-30 minutes. Poke cake with fork at 1/2 to 1 inch intervals.

Add boiling water to gelatin mix in small bowl; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water then pour over cake. Refrigerate for a couple of hours, about 3-4.

Frost cake with cool whip then add sliced strawberries on top. Refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.

Now, I found a recipe earlier with layered angel food cake, crushed pineapple frosting with instant vanilla pudding and cool whip so I decided to use that frosting recipe with said friend's jello poke cake recipe. I still haven't decided if I want to top with sliced strawberries yet.

In case anyone is curious about the angel food cake recipe, here it is-

1 20oz can of crushed pineapple, undrained
1 package (4 serving size) vanilla flavored instant pudding
1 cup thawed cool whip topping
1 prepared angel food cake
Seasonal berries

Mix pineapple and pudding in bowl. Gently stir in whipped topping.
Cut cake horizontally in thirds.
Spread 1/3 pudding mixture over bottom layer of cake. Top with second layer. Repeat layering, ending with pudding. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish with your favorite seasonal berries. Makes about 10 servings.

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by amandie; 04-21-2011 at 02:54 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #12  
Not Giving Up!

That sounds really good - I think I might have to give it a try, and maybe use pineapple instead of strawberries, and garnish with some unsweetened coconut and make it a pina colada cake. YUM!

Thanks for the recipe and let me know how yours turns out.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:40 PM   #13  
Not Giving Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalrequiem View Post
My family is extremely southern, so we have huge potlucks at least 5 times a year. I have learned to always bring something that I will eat. Most of my family is weirded out by "diet" foods so I have been actively trying to bring things that they will try and introduce them to new ways of using favorite ingredients.

Same here, digital! When it's my turn to host them, I always make sure to offer an array of good-for-you and good-tasting items and most times I don't even tell them that they are healthy. Other things I have straight out retired - like my mac and cheese and fried chicken - as they are just way too many calories for my liking and none of us needs to be eating that stuff anyway; most everyone in the family is overweight and some are diabetic.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:46 AM   #14  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Height: 5'4"

Normally for holidays...I would just be careful with portion sizes and not count.

I would do a nice WW friendly cheesecake.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 228/178/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm making this one...I haven't calculated the P+ yet but the recipe says 3 points per serving / 24 servings total....

Chocolate Better Than S#x Cake

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix

10oz Diet Cola

1 egg white

6oz Fat Free Caramel ice cream topping

7oz RF or FF condensed milk

1cup Heath Bar bits (found by the choc. chips)

1 container FF cool whip

Mix cake mix, egg white and diet soda. Bake as directed in a 9x13 pan. During the last few minutes of baking, put caramel and condensed milk in a sauce pan and stir on medium low heat until mixed. Take cake out of oven, and poke holes all over the top. Pour caramel mixture over cake, filling in the holes. Sprinkle heath bits over the top, reserving some for the top. Cool completely. Cover with container of cool whip and sprinkle with remaining heath bits. Put in fridge until ready to serve.

Cut into 24 pieces,
Lots2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote