South Beach Diet - I need a south beach Partner in crime..

TIARA
04-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Hey im 23 and i need a partner who is doing south beach phase 1 again.. lol
Ive done so many different diets but somehow i always return to sb because it works best for me. I know it works, this diet has helped me lose in the past i just need someone to help me along to go through the motions , complain about exercising while doing it and help me stay focus. Im not asking you to work miricles just to be a friend/partner in cime... and i promise to do the same...:hug:

slayrick
04-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Count me in girl. Hit me up!

Cheers.

DtheFashionista
04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Count me in too. We're right about the same weight and goal too!

TIARA
04-20-2011, 07:32 PM
awesome ill message you

TIARA
04-20-2011, 08:33 PM
dthefashionista...I couldnt message you.. i think your too new to get messages so ill post on here...

Hey so My name is Tiara, im 23 with no kids and from hawaii.
Im on day 3 of phase 1. So far so good. my current weight is 237.6. but its slowly going down....

Tell me a little about yourselfs. looking forward to getting to know you..

ILRPinkGirl
04-20-2011, 09:12 PM
Hey Tiara, it looks like you've already got a couple people signed up as buddies, but in case you'd like the extra help, seems like our situation is similar, so in case you want more people on your buddy system, lol, my name is Ashley and I'm 25. I'm on day 5 of Phase 1 and my current weight is 242

DtheFashionista
04-21-2011, 02:38 AM
I'm loving this buddy thing! So hey Tiara and Ashley! My name is Danielle and I just turned 25. No kids engaged and living in Washington. I started SB on 4/12. I'm thinking of sticking out Phase 1 for an extra week. I'm weighing in at about 231 right now (Down from 280 in Sept!!!)
The hardest part for me so far is all of a sudden all my friends want to do things...I swear it's been MONTHS since any one has asked me to go out for drinks and then sure enough I start dieting and BAM everyone is all about cocktail hour. LOL I figure I have to stick out the no alcohol thing for at least 2 weeks or I might have a problem deeper than the food :)

What's been your biggest struggle so far?

DtheFashionista
04-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Oh PS, Tiara I love your goals. My goal is to hit 215 by June so I can order my wedding dress. (It's going to be tough but I know I can do it!)

TIARA
04-21-2011, 06:38 AM
Hey ashley and danielle .. ill keep this open to chat with you guys on seeing as i cant message you both yet. but its very nice to meet you.

danielle.. wow thats awesome. I swear the same thing always happends to me. My friends have a special radar that knows when im doing well then all the bday partys and lunch dates start. Like now im still in the beginning stage of pase 1 and easter is around the corner then i have 2 bdays on the 28 and another on the 3 & 4. Then my friends and i will be staying at a hotel for a weekend. My plan is to be faithful to my phase 1 . But during the hotel weekend i may have one free meal.

THanks... Youll be able to do it. positive thinking will help you get there..

I do the sb diet with calorie counting. I try to only eat 1200 calories a day. Somedays i go over but this meathod works for me.

A little about myself im single.. Have always been single.. blush..lol I work as a prep cook. So im constintly surrounded by food. I also bake alot at my job and ill tell you sometimes its a true test of my will power to just make it with out sampling the finish product.. lol

Im looking forward to losing with you all...
Im planning to walk 2 miles 2mo.. wish me luck.

ILRPinkGirl
04-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Danielle and Tiara, I know exactly what you mean about life and friends sometimes making this hard! I'm already stressing about a week and a half from now, where I'm the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding...I keep telling myself this is a good thing because it will give me a last-minute boost to look a little better in my dress, but I'm already stressed about staying on plan at the event (she's having an entire dessert bar for pete's sake!). But I've realized it'll be my first day of phase 2, so I figure a few sips of champagne to celebrate and some fruit at dessert will work out well!

Danielle, that's an exciting goal about ordering your wedding dress, when's the big day? And Tiara, I'm not sure I'd have the willpower to be around lots of baked goods right now, lol! I love baking as well, but I'm taking this time to learn to become comfortable with cooking proteins (and I've only set off my smoke detector twice so far!...), so hopefully I'll become more comfortable with that soon...

And a little more about me...I'm single (definitely lacking the self-confidence at this point, hoping that one of the major by-products of changing my lifestyle will be to improve my confidence and put myself out there more), and I currently work in Human Resources (absolutely a sit-at-a-desk job), but I'll be going back to school in August for my Masters degree! So I definitely want to head back to school feeling as healthy and confident as I can, so I'm pretty determined to stick with it!

I'm just starting day 6 today - food has been going well (though my vegetable drawer in my fridge is beyond capacity, lol), but I need to start integrating more exercise. I love walking outside, but it's been rainy most of this week and I definitely use that as an excuse not to work out. I'll have to be sure to get off my butt today!

Good luck with the 2 miles today Tiara, looking forward to hearing about everyone's day!

PS - Oh, and my biggest struggle? In the past it's absolutely that the moment I fall off the plan I convince myself that I've ruined everything and just start binging on junk food until I've fallen COMPLETELY off the wagon! I need to remind myself that mistakes and eating off the plan are inevitable, and that I just need to get back on track ASAP rather than thinking it's ruined! How about you guys?

DtheFashionista
04-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Tiara: I cheated a little on my birthday last week and had some cake I truly feel like anything in moderation is fine. I just normally lack that moderation part. I'm not going to have a serving of Cheetos...I'm going to eat the whole damn bag.:nono:
I'm wishing you lots of luck on your walk. Are you walking outside? I do so much better exercising when the weather is nice and I can start walking outside. I hate the treadmill! My fiance and I took the dog for a walk on Tuesday night and ended up walking 2.5 miles. I think when you're outside and you have a partner it just goes by faster. Do you have a walking partner?

Also props to you for not eating all those yummy baked goods. I love chocolate cake!(Too bad I'm allergic to gluten and have to eat nasty gluten free chocolate cake now!)

Ashley: The wedding is September 10th. I'm getting so excited yet so nervous there is a ton left to do. You'd think I'd have it all done by now we've been engaged for 2 years, but noooooo I'm not happy unless I'm scrambling at the last minute. I'm also super excited about the dress, because... I never went to any formal dances when I was in high school and have never worn any sort of formal dress. I'm so excited. I know my fiance is probably going to fall over since I don't usually dress up too often. Also congrats on going back for your masters. I've been done with school since 2008 and I cannot bring myself to go back. I just had to write a grant for work which is basically like home work and I thought why would I ever put myself through this again, but I know I will be going back in the next year or two.

As for a bit more about me: I work as a Program Coordinator/Job Coach for a welfare to work program. It's a really fun job but I do sit at a desk the majority of the week. Also I used to be so shy until I met my fiance (online..which just totally weirds me out to say that still) during my senior year of college. He is doing this diet with me it's funny (and sad in a way) to see pictures of us over the last 3 years..we expand and one shrinks then the other then we expand. We've decided that this is a diet we can truly make a lifestyle.

My exercise goal is to do some sort of exercise every night, tonight I am hoping the weather holds out so I can take my dog for a walk...if not I'll be doing some pilates on Netflix Instant.

ILRPinkGirl
04-21-2011, 01:56 PM
Danielle, my dad is allergic to gluten too...I have no idea how "on plan" this is, but have you ever tried Gluten Free Pantry's Chocolate Brownies? I've tried them and I find them to be just as good (if not better) than regular brownies...probably not an everyday item on our new plan, but maybe an option for a treat.

And I have instant Netflix as well, never realized there were workouts on there, I'll have to take a look! I just did 2 miles outside over my lunch break...it was nice to get the fresh air, but the wind is ridiculous today, I felt like I was about to get knocked over a few times!

Also, my post count isn't high enough to share links yet, but if you look on the SB forum for the thread that starts "Holy Mac!" there's a link in there to a recipe for Phase 1 Belgain Waffles/Pancakes, and they completely made my morning! Yum!

DtheFashionista
04-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Also, my post count isn't high enough to share links yet, but if you look on the SB forum for the thread that starts "Holy Mac!" there's a link in there to a recipe for Phase 1 Belgain Waffles/Pancakes, and they completely made my morning! Yum!

My fiance and I had breakfast for dinner and made that recipe. It was really yummy! I've tried the brownies and those are pretty good, but I like my brownies with walnuts and sadly...deathly allergic to nuts (All these allergies developed about a year and a half ago)!

TIARA
04-21-2011, 09:20 PM
Ashley.. I agree walking outside smelling the fresh salt air.( I walk a block away from the beach.) is totally awesome but today i have to do a few errons and will have to settle for walking 2miles on my moms treadmill.. lol But im hopeing to go for a walk 2mo if i dont finish too late from work.
Im a binger too. I struggle with not falling off even a little because if i do i know its only going to go down hill from there. Ive noticed the 1 week is the hardest to resist the urge to cheat but if i cant stay strong the next few weeks is a breeze. But the key is getting through the 1st week.

Hope youll be able to do an exercise today...

Im hopeing that by losing this weight i will gain the confidence to put myself out there. My sister is in the process of trying to get me to talk to her boyfriends friend. but i feel so self concious.... ill let you guys know how that ends. lol
Danielle.. Thanks.. one trick to not being tempted to dip my finger in the cake batter is to chew gum,, haha when ever i bake youll see that im chewing some sf gum..lol

Im lactose intolerent but i cant seem to stay away from ice cream. Id gladly give up milk but tell tell i have to give up icecream and im in tears..Im glad they have pills to take so i wont get sick when i do want to have it on my cheat days.

Do you have an idea of the type of style wedding dress you want?
Ive alwayed love the strapless wedding dress idea with no puff on the bottom since ive got plenty of my own..But hey i think i should work on getting the man before the dress .lol

Im not really adventurous with my meals they pretty much consist of protein and veggies. I eat a lot of tuna and turkey since thay are low calorie foods.

I have to say i did make the peanutbutter cookies. i found on here. I believe all you need in an egg , splenda and peanut butter. they were very good but its hard to stop after 2.

I will check back in 2night hoe you are all enjoying today..

ILRPinkGirl
04-21-2011, 09:34 PM
Danielle, that's not cool about the allergies developing later in life, I didn't even realize that was possible! How awful to have favorite foods you suddenly can't eat (and not because of choosing to be on a diet, but having a deathly allergy!).

I'm curious, do you have a favorite pilates workout from Netflix? I've never even tried pilates before and would be interested in giving it a go. I looked briefly at other Netflix workouts and added a group of 10-minute aerobic dance classes to my queue, hopefully those will be fun to try the next rainy day! But today I did get out for a 2 mile walk, and am going hiking with a friend tomorrow, so that's some guaranteed exercise! Also tried an easy recipe today (Shrimp with Garlic, Basil, and Tomatoes) that was delicious! I did South Beach once before - about five years ago - and I used to HATE seafood. For certain things (shrimp, tilapia, etc) I've grown to like them over the past few years, so I'm excited that opens up some new options this time around!

And you're right Tiara, I think the first week is by far the hardest, so I'm thrilled to be at the end of day 6! However, it's easy to be motivated the first week because the weight drops so much more quickly, whereas the motivation can slow down in phase 2 where the weight drops at a more reasonable level. So I'll definitely have to work to avoid the binging, accept my mistakes when I make them, and move on.

And how funny about the SF gum, I imagine I'd do the exact same thing! I'm not sure how I'd get through my day without some SF gum, let alone when there's a bunch of unhealthy food staring at me! Good luck with the exercise today, hope it goes well amongst the errands!

DtheFashionista
04-21-2011, 10:56 PM
Hey girls! Just got in from taking my dog on a walk. I haven't tracked it yet so I'm not sure how far we went but we walked for about 30 minutes, then the rain clouds rolled in and we high tailed it back home. I'm so lazy I don't want to cook, but I've got pork chops in the fridge that need to get on the George Forman. I've been wanting to cheat all day! All I can think about is junk food! My Aunt Flow is visiting which just makes want to eat crap. Oh well she'll be gone soon, I'm thinking a no sugar added fudgicle might do the trick to curb the cravings...(probably will eat it before I even eat dinner!)

Tiara: I really like the "fit and flare" style dresses. I'm actually ordering one from China (weird I know, but I'm a bride on a budget and the site has great reviews!). I've got my dress all picked out. Check it out! lightinthebox.com/Trumpet---Mermaid-Halter-Court-Train-Satin-Taffeta-Wedding-Dress--WSM0435-_p65903.html
Also, I started looking at dresses way before I found my man! :)

OMG SF gum is a life saver I'm all over that Desserts SF gum I love love love the Chocolate Chip Mint kind!

T, do you make your meals a head of time? I've started grilling up a ton of chicken or whatever at a time so I have it for the week and it has seemed to make meal planning a lot easier, but I do keep eating a lot of the same stuff. I think today was like the third day in a row I had a chicken breast w/ ff refried beans salsa and cheese. I keep forgetting we can have tuna. I think I might have to get some for lunch tomorrow, I swear I've been grocery shopping way more since I started this diet!

Ashley: I've been doing the Pick Your Level Weight Loss Pilates. Some times I just do the standing exercises some times I just do the floor ones or the whole video just depends on my mood and how much time I have. I like it because there are 3 different levels you can work at, at any given time. For instance if you're doing one movement and it seems too easy you can step it up to the intermediate movement or the advanced. The first time you do it you'll probably only get in half the moves if you're anything like me, but it's pretty easy to catch on to after that. I also do the 10 minute solutions Pilates and the yoga. I've added CRUNCH Fat Burning AbAttack to me queue as well, but I don't have the huevos to try it yet. It sounds way too intense! :)
I really wish they had a Zumba video a bunch of people I know go to Zumba classes and love it, but I'm too embarrassed to go. Not only because I'm out of shape, but because I have no rhythm what so ever!

Well guess I better get those chops on the grill. I'll probably pop in before I hit the sack to see if you gals have been around.

TIARA
04-22-2011, 06:54 AM
Danielle... i love it its so beautiful. Love the halter look too. Also the price is right too. Yes the chocolate mint sf gum is yummy also have you tried the hard basken robins hard sf candy. they have chocolate mint ice cream and cookie and cream flavors. Believe me they help when im craving ice cream.
I get bored with my meals so i try to switch it up every so often. But this week i made ground turkey and split iit in to 4 servings then i boiled a big bag of green beans . Ive had that for my dinner this week. Since i work in a kitchen i can make my meals there so i always have a can of tuna ready and they always have salad since everyone is so weight conceious. some things that help me is having snacks in my purse. Like i measure out pistachios, or peanuts to snack on if i need it. Also peanutbutter and sf jelly is my favorate way to get in a dessert. It has the sweet taste i love and it makes me full.
I saw on a dr.oz show that by taking fiber 30min before dinner it helps to make you full. So the next day i went out and got me some fiber gummies. yes im a wimp i went for the gummies i didnt want to chance the powder stuff because im so picky.. lolAshley... I understand the whole i dont want people looking at me. especially when im working out. Thats why i chose a place where i feel comfortable. I bought myself a wii 2 years ago and well it worked in the begining but i got lazy and now it just looks at me. i bought the wii fit lol and im ashamed to admit but im afraid of the game..lol it tells you how many days you miss.. lol one time i believe it was like 57days.. oh well i will soon face it and start doing more of it. No more excuses when it rains... My sister and some of our friends use to work out to richard simmons. Why? you ask.. I like the fact that there was big people working out too. Watching it i knew hey if she can do it so can i. I still have thoes tapes... but sadly i have no room in my room to do it in. Well i accomplished all my things i had to do i also did 2miles on the treadmill. But now my thighs are screaming . I got a little adventurous while on the treadmill and put my incline up to 7 and walked like that for 15min. well lets just say i wont do that again... note to self im not a trainer so dont pretend to be one..lol
ill check in with ya 2mo.. goodnight

ILRPinkGirl
04-22-2011, 08:40 AM
Tiara, I find it so funny due to the time difference that I'm logging on to say "good morning" only an hour or two after you check in to say "goodnight". I keep thinking about getting a Wii for myself (both for Wii Fit and there's a Zumba game out there now I'd like to try) but I'm on the 2nd floor of a 3rd floor apartment complex, and I worry about disturbing the neighbors below me if I'm jumping around too much. But I'll be living at home when I go back to school in the fall and my brother has a Wii, so maybe I'll have to purchase some games for myself there. And don't feel embarrassed about the fiber gummies, I totally take a gummy multivitamin because I'm not good with swallowing pills, lol. Adult gummies are out there for a reason! Definitely let me know if the addition of fiber seems to help.

Danielle, that dress is beautiful! It looks lovely and seems to have great reviews, so I think it's a good way to go! And it's funny you brought up Zumba, that was the first thing I searched for when I went to Netflix yesterday, but settled for a regular aerobic dance video instead. My apartment complex includes a small gym so I can't justify paying a gym membership additionally, but a friend and I did take advantage of a 1-month free trial to a gym last summer and tried out a bunch of their classes, and ended up LOVING the Zumba classes. If you get the chance to try it sometime, I'd definitely recommend it.

As for me today, I'm hoping it will be a light day of work since so many people are on vacation for Good Friday. I've already got my meals figured out for the day, and plan to go for a nice outdoor hike right after work, since it looks like all weekend is going to be rainy. One other random note...yesterday was the first day I've ever really tracked my water intake, and it actually seemed to really help! It helped keep me feeling more full through the day, kept me hydrated, and I think contributed to being -1 on the scale this morning! I'll be sure to check in later, hope y'all are having a good one!

DtheFashionista
04-22-2011, 12:54 PM
It helped keep me feeling more full through the day, kept me hydrated, and I think contributed to being -1 on the scale this mornin!

CONGRATS ASHLEY!!! I track my water and my calories through livestrong.com, it's super nice because I can have it up on my web browser at work and just check in as I nibble at my desk or drink water. I also track my exercise with it.

I can't wait for this weekend! I'm over working this week and my little sister is coming home from college to spend Easter with the fam. She's also picking up her bridesmaid dress. I'm super pumped to see it since when we ordered them they didn't have the actual color combo I wanted. Can't wait to see the dress. My sister is my best friend (don't know if you can see it in my avatar but I have a tattoo on my wrist of a lock and my sister has a tattoo of a key on hers) and I'm so excited she's going to be here...just nervous that I might cheat due to Easter and the fact that I know we'll go out to eat while she's home. She's a size 4 and has never had a real struggle with her weight, she's also one of those people that enjoys working out. WTF is that about any way? How to people actually enjoy working out? I go and do my thing but I complain the whole time! The only exercise I've ever enjoyed is playing volleyball. I think my new goal is to get fit enough to feel comfortable joining the recreational volleyball league in fall.

Well, my break is coming to an end I'll check in later today, but this weekend I might be hit or miss due to sis being home. You girls have a great FRIDAY!!!

ILRPinkGirl
04-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Good lord, I just went on the most ridiculous hike! It was only 2.5 miles, but it was so steep and such a rocky path, it took an hour and a half for my friend and I to get through it! But I feel accomplished (though exhausted), and just need to chill for a bit before starting dinner (chicken stir fry, yum!). Also, I'm giving myself non-food rewards for staying on plan, and today and got myself an iPod arm band for surviving the first half of Phase 1, which I feel will work will as a motivator for work-outs as well!

And Danielle, that's really neat about yours and your sister's tattoos, what a cute idea. And what do the bridesmaid dresses look like? I have very few plans for Easter since I won't be with family, but am excited for some fun small stuff. My friend and I have two-person book club of books turned into movies and just recently read Water For Elephants, and are going to see that in theaters this weekend. I may also make us mini easter baskets with SF candy and such, since neither of us will be near our family this weekend. Should be fun!

DtheFashionista
04-22-2011, 11:19 PM
That sounds like a blast Ashley! Well as I suspected...we're going to dinner. At a local Italian place. My fiance and I are going to cheat tonight. UGH! We've decided to split a personal pizza and then each have a big salad. On other diets I've always either planned ahead by not eating at all til my cheat meal and going wild or by saying skip it and falling off the wagon all together.

Right now we're waiting for my sister to get in town and we're getting kind of hungry so we're having a V8 and a cheese stick. We're sticking to plan and cheating responsibly if there is such a thing.

The bridesmaid dresses are super cute they are navy for the dress and the sash is charcoal. :) The fiance and I took the pup on a 2 mile walk it was a good walk made sure we got in some hills. alfredangelo.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?productID=deb2ff02-d430-4965-8ca7-2011506cf3ce&categoryID=772f03c9-de43-4942-bfa0-da77e21ebd65&pg=2&colorId=

TIARA
04-23-2011, 07:00 AM
Ashley.. i have wii fit and i was adventurous and got the biggerst losr. i did the biggest loser for a week and never did it again..lol As for the wii fir i loved because it was fun and i felt it working. i personally dont think my body was made for yoga so i skip all that fun stuff..lol The fiber helps to make me full also it tastes great. kind of pricey but i make mine last by having 1 a day instead of 2.
Yes. im a night owl and i usually go to bed around 12:00. so that must be why we miss each other by a few hours.

Good for you on doing that hike. That must have been a great work out. i wish i had someone to walk with but my friends are not in the dieting mode as of now.

Your a reader... yea... i love to read im a big reader i love romance but lately ive been into the whole magical, vampire, farie, supernatural scene.. yes i love twlight and harry potter.

Danielle...Awesome. my sister is my best friend too. I love your tattoo you and your sis have . I am getting myself another tattoo this coming up thurs on my gpa bday. Im getting a lotus flower.
It sounds beautiful.. i couldnt see the link .
dont worry about eating the pizza as long as you had the salad with it its not too bad. You could always scrape the cheese and toppings off the bread and eat that with your salad but its a teriable waste to do that.

I am a big shopper. I have 3 duffle bad of inspiration clothes that i allow myself to go through when i hit certain goal. ive been going through them to help me get inspired. lol
I got myself yoga pants the other day to go walking in and i love it it has the feel of sleeping pants and it really great to walk in.

I didnt work out tonight but i did clean my room and i worked up a sweat if that counts. I dont usually work out on the weekend because that when work is the most busy.

check in with ya 2mo goodnight /goodmorning ashley

ILRPinkGirl
04-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Haha, goodnight/goodmorning Tiara! The lotus flower tattoo sounds lovely, how many others do you have? And that's nice to have the inspiration clothes to help motivate you, and they have practical usage as you lose the weight! I certainly haven't lost enough yet to totally change a clothes size yet, but I do notice a couple things are a little baggier than I remembered. And those yoga pants sound great, may I ask where you found them? I'm always a little intimidated shopping at sporting goods stores because everyone there seems so fit, but maybe I need to bite the big one and go for it!

Danielle, those colors sound beautiful/timeless, but the link wasn't working for me either. And in regard to the cheat, I do respect that you and your fiance are trying to make the best of your choices and ordering the large salads to go with the meal. Does your family know you're following the South Beach Diet? I haven't told my family (because they're four hours away from me so it's not like they'd notice my change in lifestyle...but mostly because my mom used to get on my case ALL THE TIME about my weight, and now I become resentful whenever she brings up my weight - even if it's a nice comment. I know she'll want to talk about it all the time if I tell her, and that will just cause me to sabotage myself. But anyway, I digress...), but if your family knows that you're on the SBD, maybe you could compromise and go out somewhere that has plenty of proteins without the starches (like a steakhouse would have a lot of protein and veggie options, or even a chain like Applebees has the healthier and low carb options). Italian food while on Phase 1 of South Beach is just mean! lol But I think the key is to wake up today feeling ready to stay on plan, and not letting one cheat get you down. Just remember that you made a conscious decision with the choices presented to you, and move forward!

As for me today, I'm having a friend over for a healthy Saturday breakfast of omelettes and Phase 1 pancakes (I've told her they're fantastic, I'm hoping that it's not that I've been without sugar for a week that makes them seem that way!). It's supposed to be rainy all weekend, so workouts will be tougher, but I'll probably try either the dance aerobics video on Netflix, or hit the treadmill/eliptical if my building's gym isn't too crazy. Hope y'all have a good night/morning!

DtheFashionista
04-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey girls! Just checking in. We did go out and we shared the personal pizza and had salads. It was really good. We got up this morning got on the scale to see the damage. No damage! My fiance was actually down. Got up had ph1 foods all day, took the puppy for a walk with my sister and two of my girlfriends who are in town. Great day. Tomorrow we're having ham green salad, green beans, and there will be some not safe food, but we've decided to extend our stay on Ph1 and if we decide to eat anything that isn't on plan we will only do it at that meal and only one serving of it and get right back on after the meal. I have to say I've had more success doing diets where I allow myself a little wiggle room, because then I feel better about the diet and find it easier to stick to plan the rest of the time. I know it's not the same for everyone.

Also the bridesmaid dresses are perfect!!!

Hope you guys have a great day. Keep that will power I know today has been a struggle but I know if I'm going to give myself wiggle room for the holiday I need to be good today...speaking of being good... yogurt time! :)

ILRPinkGirl
04-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Happy Easter ladies! So I stepped on the scale this morning, and was thrilled to see 239 staring back at me! It makes me very excited because my first mini-goal is 229 (a weight I haven't seen in at least three years), and now it seems more tangible than ever! Since I'm not with family today I'm not too worried about behaving on Easter, but my friend and I are going to see Water for Elephants later today, and just the smell of popcorn will make it difficult I'm sure. But I'm bringing a couple SF Twizzlers and then some SF gum, so hopefully I can behave!

Danielle, I'm really glad to hear you were able to bounce back from the pizza on Friday - my biggest fear is the day I eat off the plan, being unable to get back on the plan. It's one of those good and bad things...I've had a completely clean Phase 1 so far, but it's made me very afraid of the day I mess up. And in terms of the Easter meal today, try your best to focus on the on-plan foods and limited portions of the unhealthy stuff (I think the SBD book talked about taking three bites of something not on-plan and walking away from the rest, so you'll feel like you indulged a bit but won't ruin the diet or start getting too many cravings again for processed food). Definitely have a fun day though, enjoy your friends and family!

And Tiara, I'm guessing you're keeping busy either with work or the holiday, but I hope you're having a successful weekend! I'll probably pop in later today, thanks for the continued support ladies!

DtheFashionista
04-24-2011, 03:38 PM
HAPPY EASTER GIRLS!

I'm down!!! Finally I've been playing with the same pound all week and finally I'm down! :) Just wanted to share before I head out to meet the family. Hope you both have great days! (Ashley let me know how the movie is I just got the book on our Nook I'm hoping to read it this week.)

TIARA
04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
:easter:Happy easter ladies... :easter2:

Ashley.. I hear ya about mothers. My mom is the same way i have to remind myself to take what she says with a grain of salt. lol My the biggest and middle in my family. When i first started at 294 i was even bigger than my dad.:o im proud to say i am now lighter than him..lol he is a tall man so that works out for his weight of 245. I am the shortest in my family at 55. I wish i was taller then maybe my body wouldnt be so huge.. But slowly with hard work im getting more to the body i want.

I got the yoga pants at old navy. I love their sales. I got it for half the price so i paid 5 dollars for it . So of course i had to get 2. lol If i havent said this before i love to shop. Stores beware when i really lose this weight i will shop till i drop because ill be able to shop anywhere i want. I know walmart have athletic clothes if you dont want to go into an athletic store... I find pants are better to work out in then you dont have to worry about shorts riding up and being uncomforatble.

Good job with having a plan for easter. your day sounds like fun. If you cant be with family its great to be with friends. I wanna see that movie too. Tell me how it was . I love rob he's in the twilight series.... Also reese is awesome too.

Danielle.. Im so excited for you. How big is your court? What kind of cake are you guys gonna have? I love watching cupcake wars and just the food network in general i find it relaxing in some ways i figure if i cant eat it its still nice to see others enjoy it. Where are you guys going on your honeymoon? sorry about the 20 question just curious. You know all girls dream about their wedding im just getting an early start for mine.. lol
Even if you have to cheat a little today dont feel bad . i do it to sometimes i figure its best to have a little than binging and having the whole thing and then some..

Well today im spending easter lunch with my gma and then im having dinner with my mom and family. Im planning on being on plan being off sugar for a few days have made my sweet tooth dissapear but i know if i even sample a sugary treat it will show its ugly face again so im not taking the risk . Lunch will be pretty safe with ham and salad and dinner will be steak and salmon. And lots and lots of salad. Im happy to say im 235.2 today. Im slowly getting back down to my lowest weight. hopefully i can get in to the 220's soon. Im sick of seeing the 230's on my scale..lol I dont know if i told you this but i weigh myself everyday its like my own o.c.d.It helps keep me focus most days and other days when it spike it reminds me to do better..

Well im off to get ready for the day family will be coming soon and i have to get my pokerface on..lol take care have fun and ill chat with you later... :dust:
Tiara

ILRPinkGirl
04-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Yay, sounds like the Easter Bunny was good to all of us today via the scale! Ooo Danielle, do you have a Nook too? I absolutely love mine, and read so much more since buying it. I LOVED the movie Water for Elephants (probably doesn't hurt that I'm also a closeted Twilight/Robert Pattinson fan), but I also loved the Water for Elephants book equally, so both are definitely worth a try!

Tiara, thanks for the tip about the yoga pants, I really like Old Navy (but I think a big reason is because they have such a variety of sizes that it's one place I can currently shop where my friends can as well for "regular"-sized clothes), so I'll definitely have to take a look at their workout clothes.

I managed to behave well at the movie, just having a couple SF candies, and also did 30 minutes of dance aerobics in my apartment this morning. Going to relax this evening - cook some dinner and catch up on some laundry and reading. Have a lovely Easter with your families ladies, check-in with you later!

ILRPinkGirl
04-25-2011, 08:15 PM
Hey ladies, where you hiding out today? Hope you're both having a good one!

As for me, survived work AND resisted the Peanut Butter Snickers my officemate brought in (and she knew I'm being good and she still pressed them on me...evil woman). But just finished my 30 minute walk (which included about 5 minutes of jogging - not a lot, but a start). I've currently got roasted chickpeas in the oven (never tried them before, but we'll see how they go!) to go with ham and turkey roll-ups and some veggies for dinner.

I was thrilled to see the scale was still at 239 today (I was petrified of waking up and seeing the 240s again). An increase is always possible still, but I'm going work my hardest to make sure it doesn't! Not too much to report otherwise, but hope you're both having a lovely day!

DtheFashionista
04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Hi ladies! Sorry I work 4x10s Tuesday-Friday so Mondays are my lazy day. I slept in made a big breakfast with my man who has today off as well. My scale is staying steady at 228.8. :) Making Taco salad tonight!!! WHOOP WHOOP! (My favorite on or off plan I love taco salad).

Tiara- I have 7 in my bridal party. My sisters (I only have one biological sister the one I have the tattoo with but my family took in my sister's best friend at a young age so I consider her a sister) my fiance's sister and my four best friends. I know it's huge originally I just wanted 3, but I couldn't do it...so 7 it is. We're having cupcakes but haven't picked them out yet. We'll have a gluten free cake for the top for us to cut into. We're going to Maui for honeymoon. We're very excited we've never been to any of the Hawaiian Islands. :) Oh and I love Old Navy too. They're so affordable which is nice when you're shrinking you can get a new wardrobe each time your size goes down.

Ashley: My fiance and I share the Nook it's a nook color and to be honest this will be the first book I've read on it other than SBD Super Charged. I like it so far, but I think I like a normal book better still.

Well I'm going to get back to my DVD of Big Love, thinking of doing pilates after dinner, but I might just start my book I think I need a day off of exercise. Hope you all are doing good. I'm so proud of us for staying strong over the holiday (even with my little cheat). :)

TIARA
04-26-2011, 03:43 AM
Hey ladies easter was awesome.. There was some very yummy treats but i was able to say no. i did smell them them through. It helps to resist it if that makes sence..lol also it was nice to see the family...

danielle.. Wow 7. thats a big court but i understand you wouldnt want to leave anyone important out.

Ashley...congrats on getting into the 230's. There will always be thoes people who want you to fail the trick is to resist but if they cant take the hint take a small piece and throw it away when she leaves. lol

I need to get my butt moving im gonna walk 2 miles 2mo.

ILRPinkGirl
04-26-2011, 08:13 AM
Danielle, I'm jealous, I LOVE Big Love, I completely need to catch up on Season 4 :) And sounds like a good-size but well-chosen court. The wedding I'm in this weekend has four bridesmaids and four groomsman..but the strange thing is that I'm the only maid of honor yet there are two best men (apparently the groom couldn't decide between his two best friends). So I'm not sure how all that's going to work logistically on Saturday, but I do know they get to do a tag-team speech (how do I follow-up something like that?!), but it sounds like it'll be a fun time.

Tiara, way to go avoiding the temptation at Easter! I sort of know what you mean in terms of smelling the foods you can't have....I didn't have any around to smell, but I do sometimes watch food shows on TV of stuff I can't have...part of me finds it to be absolute torture, but part of me takes comfort in it as well, not really sure why. But caught an episode of Man vs Food that had me craving fried food for hours afterward, so I've decided to try to stay away from that show, lol.

I have to be honest and say I was a little bummed out this morning to see 239 on my scale for the 3rd day in a row. I'm glad it hasn't got up into the 240s again, but I'd feel much better if I got down to 237 or 238, created a little separation between myself and the 240s, lol. Whether it was silly of me or not, I expected to be down today and was kind of bummed out I wasn't. And I know the fair solution would probably be to weigh-in less often, but I am SO incapable! I try to create a compromise by having an official weigh-in once a week, but still weigh myself in between. But my official weigh-in is tomorrow (even though I'm on the South Beach plan I've been going to Weight Watchers meetings for some in-person support, and tomorrow is when that is where I get weighed-in). I don't count WW points now, but maybe I'll consider it when I get to Phase 2.

Anyway, today should be a good day (though a hot one here in CT, reaching 80 where it was just in the 50s two days ago). Work as usual, then my friend and I always get together on Tuesday nights for dinner and to watch The Biggest Loser. So tonight we're making a Chicken and Eggplant Casserole, so that'll be nice to have someone to do that with.

I'll check in later this evening, have a great day everyone!

DtheFashionista
04-26-2011, 12:54 PM
I used to love to watch Biggest Loser, but I got tired of all the commercials and how long they drag it out!!! When my girlfriends and I would watch in college we'd always snack so we set a new rule that during commercials (since there are SO many of them) we'd do crunches or sissy pushup. Something to keep us moving and away from the ice cream. :) The double best man thing should be interesting, let us know how it goes.

Well I just wanted to check in, but I've got to get in the car and head down to the next county where I have meetings today. Check in later today. Also Ashley, I check the scale every day and its frustrating to see it stuck, but I always have to think at least it's not going up!

ILRPinkGirl
04-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Hey ladies, good morning! Today's my official weigh-in day and was glad to see 238, so like I complained about yesterday, I'm thrilled to put a little more space between me and the 240s, lol. Last night was fun having dinner and watching Biggest Loser with my friend, and we tried the SB Mashed Potatoes (aka cauliflower) and I think I liked it, lol.

The only downer last night was that I got a call from my mom. I think I've already mentioned that she talks about weight a lot and it makes me resentful, but when I go back to school in the fall I'll be living at home for the year to save money since my parents live 10 minutes from campus. She proceeded to tell me that she's going to be very hard on me when I live at home because she doesn't want me to waste another year of my life at this weight...I know she means well, but it nearly caused me to break down last night (I was glad there was nothing bad in the house, because if there was a bag of chips around I think I would've binged). I don't know why it bothers me so much, but it really stressed me out last night...but feeling fresh today, so hopefully just moving forward for now.

So I have loads of meetings today, then have a Weight Watchers meeting this evening (I'm mostly on South Beach, but I do like going to the meetings for support and accountability). Otherwise, pretty uneventful day here!

Danielle, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a love/hate relationship with the scale! Sometimes I hate what it says, but I can't stay away! And Tiara, hope you had a great day yesterday, how did the 2 miles go? Have a great day ladies!

DtheFashionista
04-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Good morning my shrinking friends!
I'm so run down today. Yesterday was my 2nd day without exercise.:nono: I need to get back on it tonight. I might head to the gym after work to do the treadmill since the sun has gone back into hiding, but what I really want to do is go home and go to bed. For some reason I can't seem to wake up today. But I am making this promise to you girls if I do not go to the gym after work I will be doing a work out video.

Also my scale has stopped moving it has stayed in the same spot for like 3 days!!! Why won't it move? Is it broken? I honestly think it's because I'm so tired and not sleeping as much as I should. I'm sticking to plan but maybe it was the little cheats over the weekend finally catching up to me. Who knows, but it's starting to irritate me. :mad:

Ashley: I'm sorry you didn't have a nice chat with your mom last night. Has your mom ever struggled with her weight? My mom struggles with hers and used to bring up my weight a lot because she was afraid I would start to face some of the same problems she faces due to her weight. It's really frustrating, because it's not like I'm stupid I know what needs to be done, it's just not easy.
A few years ago my family got together and asked me to get gastric bypass surgery. It was humiliating. I went through all the pre-op appointments and even a psych evaluation. I was told to lose 7 lbs and then I could schedule my surgery. I thought so much about how I'd gotten to be this big without the help of a surgery and it was up to me to do something about it. The only person that really backed my decision to not go through with the surgery was my sister. I'm still hurt that my family rather have me go under the knife than to encourage me and support me in working hard toward my weight loss goals.
I started an effort to lose weight in April 2009, I was nearly 300 lbs. Between April and February 2010 I lost almost 30 lbs but then I was diagnosed with Celiacs and the nut allergy which really threw me for a loop. I was told the whole wheat products I was used to eating and the diet I was having such success with was unhealthy for my body and was causing me to lose my hair and could result in even more long term damage to my body. From Febrauary '10 to September '10 I gained back 17 lbs. I ate anything and everything that was gluten free paying no mind to calories or nutrition.
When I started another plan in September 2010 I was 280 lbs. I went from 280 to 227 took some time off and gained back 13 lbs. I started this South beach journey at 240 lbs 4/10/11 and right now my scale is hanging steady around 228 and I know if I stick to this I will continue to loose the weight I put on myself and my outside will reflect the person I know I am inside.
It's hard to not sabatoge yourself. It's even harder when you have someone you love nagging you. It makes you (well at least me) feel like saying, "Well if I'm such a problem... skip it! I might as well eat myself into a grave at least it will taste good and then you won't have any one to nag or say negative things too and everyone will be happy not having to worry about me." It's hard to get over that. The best way I've found is to be my biggest cheerleader. I call my dad (the biggest supporter of me getting gastric bypass) and say, "Guess what? I've lost 4 lbs this week I walked a half mile more than I could last month. Oh yeah and I might need to borrow some money because I need new clothes. Be your biggest cheerleader! You start the conversation. Call her up before you head to work on morning on a good scale day and brag to your mom about your accomplishments and when she says I'm going to be on you blah blah blah say, Oh don't worrry I've got it covered didn't you hear that I just lost X pounds....oh yeah and I resisted candy at work yesterday and went for a 2.5 mile hike oh yeah and I looked damn good doing it! After a while she'll see that she doesn't have to be as worried about it, because you've got it under control and soon she'll just be another support for you cheering you on...trust me I never thought my dad would say "Jeez D looks like you need some new jeans...looking good girl." But he did and it was sweeter than any piece of candy! Hang in there Ashley family stuff is tough and it never helps when the family stuff comes out in an area you're already self conscious about.

TIARA: GIRL WHERE ARE YOU?! I want to hear about how thin and more amazing you're becoming! Come out of hiding!

TIARA
04-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Ashley.. The 2 miles didnt go too well .. lol i cancelled on myself due to CRAMPs.. lol (This reminds me of P.E.)
The scale hasnt been kind to be even though its due to T.o.m. i still hate seeing the scale rise.
I swear it doesnt matter what age you are moms will always treat you like your 5. Dont let her get you down. When she gets like that cut her line by saying you have to go or there is someone eles on the line. You could always confront her but thats easier said than done.
I love the food channel.. lol That is what i watch when im done eating all my calories for the day and my tummy is rumbling. My favorate shows are cupcake wars and the cake challenges.
Ive tried the califlower mash and its awesome.. ive also boiled the califlower and mashed it and added eggs its a very good omlet too.

Danielle...Dont let the scale get you down. Just be happy its stuck and not rising. I didnt get my exercise in either i must admit its one of the things i struggle with. I know i should but i end up talking myself out of it. Tonight my brother will go walking with me. Its nice having a partner to walk and talk at the same time.

Im so excited im going to get my tattoo. done 2mo. Cant wait..

CyndiM
04-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Danielle - Sorry to edit your posts a little. I couldn't send you a message yet.

3FC does not support discussion of HCG (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/metabolic-research-center/202715-we-do-not-support-hcg-injections-drops-plans.html), "Please note that threads discussing HCG injections or drops (they come with a 500 calorie diet plan) may be deleted at moderator discretion. We cannot support this plan here as it is dangerous, extreme, doesn't last, and even the FDA specifically does not allow HCG injections for weight loss."

Thanks for understanding.

DtheFashionista
04-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Hopped on to let you ladies know... I did do my pilates tonight! :) Keep me accountable I'm looking forward to a date with Crunch Abs tomorrow!

TIARA
04-28-2011, 01:14 AM
danielle.. thats awesome.. im heading out now to get my walk on ... ill let you know how that goes..lol

DtheFashionista
04-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Tiara get after it girl! Walk those pounds away! :)

slayrick
04-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Hello Lovlies,
My name is Slayrick and I am a carb addict. :) I have been PM'ing Tiara about Phase One, or an absence of in my case. I have also been following the thread. So I am out of lurking and need a bit of help. How is the name of all that is holy do i kick the carbs?! My food intake is not out of control, its just not disciplined. How do I get rolling on the Phase One thing and actually say NO to a bit of wheat bread or a gin and tonic at a party?!

Looking forward to participating.
Cheers

ILRPinkGirl
04-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Hi slayrick - probably a bit of a subjective answer, but I think the three most important components to getting a good start on phase 1 are will-power, planning, and removing temptation. I believe will-power is the #1 most important thing...if you are truly wanting to change, you will make the change. Second, plan ahead! I picked out a whole bunch of phase 1 recipes the day I started, then got all the things I would need for those recipes, which lasted me over a week which was fantastic. And third, get rid of temptation! Get the bad foods out of your house (it's okay to leave some phase 2 friendly options in the house if you can resist them for the first two weeks - but if you can't stay away from them, I say toss them and replace them when you get to Phase 2). But I promise it can be done (I'm on day 13 of phase 1 right now and doing well - though I am super-excited to have an apple this weekend, lol). Hope that helps!

In other news, good morning ladies! Woke up at 238 again this morning which is fine by me. The Weight Watchers meeting last night was great, I was awarded my 5% sticker last night (because I was 258 when I started WW), so felt very good about myself. Only two days left on Phase 1, crazy how much time has flown by!

The only real bummer right now is that I've had a sore throat yesterday and today, and I'm totally freaking out it won't go away by Saturday (actually it's not TOO bad in it's current state, but I'm afraid it'll turn into a full-blown virus by Saturday). But this weekend should be fun...head down to Long Island tomorrow, bridal party gets manicures, we do the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, then Saturday is the wedding and reception, and Sunday is a post-wedding brunch before heading home! So y'all will probably hear from me tomorrow morning, but then not again till Sunday evening, and you all have to cross your fingers that there's SB-friendly options at all my meals (I hate not being in control of what's being served, as I prepared all my Phase 1 meals myself).

Anyway, hope everyone's doing well, I'll check in later!

TIARA
04-28-2011, 04:10 PM
hey slayrick.. its nice to see ya here... I agree giving up bread is hard. Especially when you live in a house that is full of the stuff.. What gets me through sometimes is knowing its only 2 weeks and stocking my house with food i love and can eat .
Ashley.. hope you feel better soon. congrats on the 5%loss that great...
Im proud to say i walked yesterday for 2 miles all by myself when it came down to playing video games and walking my brother chose the wii... lol

so excited im getting my tattoo done in a few hours cant wait. Since im getting it done on my foot i wont be able to wear shoes for a while so there goes walking. But it just allows me to focus on my arms. That means im dusting off the punching dummy i have outside and doing that.

take care chat with ya later

DtheFashionista
04-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Welcome Slayrick! Kicking carbs is so hard! I'm with Ashley on this../ the thing that has worked best for me is just remove temptation from the house. The other thing that has worked well for me is planning my dinners so I make enough to have for lunch the next day. This really helps me, because it was way easier to go grab something quick when I forgot my lunch and for me that's where I always suffer when I'm doing diets.

Ashley Congrats on your 5%, that is awesome! Way to go!!! Sounds like you need to get some Emergen-C... don't want to be sick for the wedding. I hope you have a blast and I know you'e trying to do a clean P1 but don't be too hard on yourself if you have to make compromises due to food selection. You're a smart girl you'll make the right choices, just trust in yourself! :) Have fun and enjoy the time with your friend!

Tiara, how was your walk?

Well I did my pilates as I said last night. This morning I stepped on the scale and was surprised to see it went UP! What the heck?! I've been so good about sticking to plan after my little cheats. How frustrating! I thought for sure I'd be down at least like an ounce or two, but nope up 1.2 lbs! I think it is because I had ff sf pudding. I'm seeing conflicting information so I figured what the heck I'll try it. One book says fine one says not fine I was confused, but I'm cutting it out. I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I have extended my stay in P1, but don't think that should cause problems as the book says it is ok to stay on longer if you fall into that obese category (which I am still in by like 3% ughhh!) Also not to be gross but I'm having serious BM issues. I go but I feel like I still have to totally constipated...YUCK! Sorry for the over share I'm just at a loss for what to do I've been eating beans and everything for the extra fiber but it doesn't seem to help. I feel like I've got a rock in my tummy! I'm trying not to let the scale get me down, but I'm exhausted (not sleeping well) and frustrated. Tonight I'm going to go home eat dinner do my CRUNCH video take a bath and in bed before 8. (Might even take a shot of Nyquil just to seal the deal!) Any way I've got to run lunch is just about over. Hope you ladies are having an awesome day!

ILRPinkGirl
04-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Good morning ladies!

Danielle, I know it can be frustrating when the scale stalls or takes a small jump back up, but keep in mind it's all temporary. I'm not sure how difficult the pilates were, but it could just be some water retention...or if you ate late the night before, because sometimes that affects my scale, no matter how good for me the item was. And between all that and the BM issue, I imagine in the next few days you'll get a small woosh of weight loss. It'll happen, just give it a bit of time :)

Tiara, good job getting that walk in even when your brother bailed! And I like how you've found exercises that don't even involve shoes, very nice planning :) How did the tattoo go yesterday? And what did you end up getting put on your foot (and any symbolism in it?)

So my throat is still sore this morning (though not nearly as bad as last night) and my nose is a little stuffed up...but I'm actually thinking it may be allergies rather than a cold (I usually don't get allergies, but when I get a cold I usually feel like my head weighs a million pounds, and that's not happening). So here's hoping I'm feeling alright for the rehearsal tonight and the wedding tomorrow! But I'm focusing on positives as well....woke up to 237 on the scale, so down another pound this morning! And...today's my last day of phase 1! I'm such a dork, I decided I needed a clutch for the wedding and bought myself a really cute one, and am considering it my reward for completing a clean phase 1, lol! I'm actually amazed how fast the first two weeks went by, I thought it would feel like torture! So I'm planning for a little champagne at the wedding as well as some fruit for dessert tomorrow night at the reception (which better be an offering at this fabulous dessert bar I've been hearing so much about!). But weather looks beautiful for the wedding, I'm so excited for my friend.

Anyway, I'm going to go get my 30-minute walk in before I have to load up the car and get on the road. The condo I'm staying at says they have free wi-fi, so I may bring the laptop with me and check-in late night/early morning. Have a fantastic day ladies!

DtheFashionista
04-29-2011, 12:41 PM
Good morning ladies!!!

Well the scale is back down and I lost .6 from where I was stuck so I think I'll keep the downward momentum...hopefully :) I came home early yesterday and ate dinner didn't exercise and was asleep by 7:30. It was amazing. I think I was running on empty and that wasn't helping my weight loss. Also put on a pair of 15/16 jeans from Maurices this morning that were too snug when I bought them and now I need a smaller size! Hoooray!

Tiara, I also have a tattoo on the top of my left foot. The tattoo is a blue star. I love it! When I was 19 I worked as a nanny in East Hampton NY over the summer and while I was there the family I was working for and I went on trip to Virginia Beach and I went and got my tattoo while we were there. It was the first time I was away from home and there was a lot of family garbage going on at the same time so it just reminds me that I am strong and independent! Also I always have a lucky star to wish on :)

Ashley- Have lots of fun! And congrats on another pound down.

TIARA
04-30-2011, 03:59 AM
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww142/kuuipo_vierra/539784c1.jpg

This is my tatt... The reason i got the lotus flower is to remind me even though i may go through some challenging and dark times there will always be beauty and light at the end of the tunnel...

danielle.. love the blue star and the meaning.. It makes having a tattoo that much more meaningful when you have your own story behind it. I also have a crown and my middle name on my lower back.

My walk was fantastic i need to start with the arm exercising. I fell off a bit the other day i had dessert for my gpa 85th bday. It was calling my name and i gave in. Now i feel like im starting over. Oh well heres to starting phase 1 2mo.

Ash .. congrats on loseing.. you go girl.. keep going ..

My plan for 2mo is boxing and 1200 calorie with phase 1 .. good luck everyone i believe it should be the end of 2 weeks for some of you..

CyndiM
04-30-2011, 06:40 AM
Wow, that's beautiful! I've always wondered about that spot, how painful was it?

ILRPinkGirl
04-30-2011, 08:11 AM
Good morning ladies!

Tiara - That tattoo is beautiful, and I really like the meaning behind it! I'm glad the walk went well, and the boxing sounds great! And I think the most important thing about a cheat is recognizing it and getting back on the wagon, so I'll keep my fingers crossed that the cravings don't creep up on you.

Danielle, congrats on the scale going down and the smaller jeans! I intentionally bought a pair of jeans this week that are too small, and can't wait until I can fit into them!

So I have successfully completed Phase 1, despite all the temptation yesterday! They even put dessert platters right on our tables yesterday rather than buffet style like the rest of the meal. It was pure evil to just stare at them, but I behaved! So today is the first day of Phase 1.5, so today I plan to have some fruit at the reception for dessert, and a few sips of champagne for toasts. I was hoping to get an early work-out today, but it's way too cold outside and there's nowhere to work-out inside where I'm staying, so I guess I'll have to skip today.

Sore throat is gone this morning, but was dealing with a stuffy nose overnight and was nervous about the speech, so got the worst night of sleep ever, lol. So hopefully I'll still have some energy by the end of the day! Have a great day ladies!

DtheFashionista
04-30-2011, 01:23 PM
Hey Ladies! So I've gone the route of allowing myself one cheat meal per week. Last night my fiance and I took my 9 year old cousin to dinner and he stayed the night (So much fun!). It may slow my weight loss down, but it will keep me sane. I am planning on staying on Phase 1 for another week (so I'll be there with you Tiara!!!) Scale was holding steady today. I took a 2 mile walk yesterday and today I am finally feeling less sore so I think I'll hit up Pilates today.

Tiara I love your tattoo! It's beautiful! Don't worry about a little cheat just hop back on!

Ashley! Have fun and enjoy yourself! :)

I'm off to go check out some garage sales. Hope you ladies have a great Saturday.

TIARA
05-01-2011, 03:56 AM
hey ladies...

today went well. I started my boxing today i remember why i loved it. It helps with built up stress. I have a man dummy so its an actuall body i get to hit instead of one of thoes bags.

cyndim...it hurt a bit but only the outlining.. It took 2 hours to do but the guy who did it was awesome. Apparently when you get your foot tattooed it twiches. Due to all the nerves in your foot. I didnt do it on purpose but he was able to keep my tatt beautiful..

Ashley.. hope you feel better...And congrats for getting into phase 2.

Danielle.. okay lets do this weve done it before we just need to buckle down and stay true..
Slayrick.. miss ya girl..
im gonna go to sleep i work at 630 2mo and i need the sleep. take care and chat with yall 2mo...

Ruthxxx
05-01-2011, 09:13 AM
Ladies, there's lots of support and chat in the Daily Thread. Come and join us sometime. Just sayin' ...

ILRPinkGirl
05-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the invite Ruth...I've definitely lurked in those threads a bit, but everyone else already seemed so first-name basis already I felt like I was walking into the middle of a convesation. But gotta start somehwere, right? I'll make sure to look to those threads for support as well :)

Well ladies, I just made it back home from the wedding, and the weekend could not have been more PERFECT! Weather was gorgeous, the bride looked incredible, the venues were fantastic, and there were a lot of fun activities that made it into an entire weekend event. The only downside is that most of these activites revolved around food...so I ended up deciding to behave really well at all meals but the reception, and cut myself some slack there. So even at the rehearsal dinner Friday night and the farewell brunch this morning I followed the plan, and allowed myself to cheat a bit at the reception (and frankly, still a big improvement what I would've eaten at the reception without being mindful). So I had 2 glasses of wine for toasting, etc, a few bites of mashed potatoes with my dinner, a bite-sized dessert (I passed on the wedding cake and everything!) and two or three bite-sized appetizers that probably had some non SB-friendly items mixed in. So mainly just a few bites, which I'm proud of. However, to feel like I'm in control I've decided to get back on Phase 1 until the end of Wednesday so that I feel strong for entering Phase 1.5! But definitely interested to see what the scale says tomorrow, no idea how this weekend affected things....

Tiara, I'm glad you're loving the boxing, I'd imagine it would definitely help with stress (especially if you have someone in mind when you're hitting that dummy, lol!). And if your foot twitched at all when you got the tattoo, it absolutely doesn't show, the artist did a fantastic job!

Danielle, glad to hear the walks and pilates are going well, I still need to look into a pilates video...And looking for anything particular at the garages sales today? Those can be so hit-or-miss, but definitely have to be patient to find what's worth it.

Anyway, I'm going to go get in a 30-minute walk before figuring out dinner, then hopefully just getting life back to normal before heading back to work tomorrow! Have a lovely evening ladies!

DtheFashionista
05-01-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi ladies! Gorgeous day today. Just popping in to say "Hi" getting ready to through some extra lean burgers on the grill! I'll post more tomorrow! :)

TIARA
05-02-2011, 06:49 AM
ashley.. you did very well at staying true to sb even when temptation was all around. aww weddings are always fun even though i have never been to one can i just imagen all the fun and work that goes into one.

danielle.. yumm your dinner sounds yummy. Tonight steak is what i had for dinner and some veggies.

2mo im off so its off to the store to shop for some veggies and do a little clothes shopping. i dont normally shop for clothes(due to the fact that im trying to get out of the current weight im in) but i have a funeral and a bday party to atten and i have nothing appropriate to wear. oh well any reason to shop is a plus.

planning on boxing and doing some crunches i found my old exercise ball i pumped it up and will be using that. Youd be suprise at the things you find when you clean your room...lol
untill 2mo take care

Blondie32
05-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Starting Over. Its Been A Long Time, But This Diet Works Best For Me Too. Here We Go Phase 1.

DtheFashionista
05-03-2011, 12:50 AM
Hey Blondie! Welcome fill us in tell us a bit about yourself.

Hey girls! So my fiance and I sat down and discussed what we'd like to do in regards to South Beach. We've both been stuck for a week the scale moving around the same pound and a half every day. So we decided we'd do a phase 1.5 before moving into 2. I don't know if what we consider 1.5 what everyone else in the forum does but we're adding in Phase 2 friendly fruits and holding off on the starches for the time being. We're going to see if that helps our scale troubles. If not we've discussed more strict calorie counting with SB . I try to keep my calories under 1800 (recommended calories for my weight in order to lose 2lbs per week) right now but am considering dropping that number.

ILRPinkGirl
05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Tiara - Glad the exercise is going well, but sorry to hear about the funeral you're attending. Hope you found some nice clothes for your upcoming events and found that the SBD helped give things a better fit!

Blondie - Congrats on getting back to Phase 1, best of luck with your re-start.

Danielle - Glad to hear you and your boyfriend have found a plan that works for both of you, I'm sure the support helps you both to stay on plan. For me, Phase 1.5 is slowly adding fruits and grains so I'm not suddenly having 3 fruits and 3 grains per day, but I suppose it depends on each person. Also, try out different fruits, see which ones affect your weight and cravings the least.

As for me, I'm soooo ready to start on phase 1.5, lol. However, I'm glad I stuck to phase 1 for a couple of days to make sure the wedding didn't create any cravings. Did 30 minutes on the eliptical over my lunch break, and am doing dinner and The Biggest Loser with a friend again tonight (by the way, I know one of you mentioned they liked the Biggest Loser but hated how it dragged out....well now the episodes are only one hour instead of 2, so may be worth taking a look at). Hope everyone has a good evening!

Blondie32
05-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Ok Well, I Have Struggled With Weight All My Life. Up And Down.mostly Heavy Though. I Am Sick Of Fighting It. I Decided To Try It One More Time Before I Get Weight Loss Surgery. I Live In A Little Town In Oklahoma. I Used To Live In California Until Bout 4 Years Ago. Its Hard Because There Seems To Be Nothing To Do Around Here. I Know That Is No Excuse But Its Hard To Get Motivated And Fresh Fruits And Veggies Seem Slim. Also No Gym Around. O And Depression Seems To Run Big Here.i Have To Do This Though, Through Jesus!!!!!

TIARA
05-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Blondie.. Welcome.. its nice to have a new person in sb phase 1. lol ive recently started phase 1 again too and i must say its off to a great start. Ive over come one friends bday dinner temptation and have another to go. looking forward togeting to know you...

Danielle.. youve got to try things out to figure out what works for your body. For me personally i try to get 1200 calories a day. The first couple of days its hard due to the fact that im use to eating way more than that but over time your tummy doesnt rummble like it does that first week. lol

Ash.. Good for you knowing your limits i must admit i struggle with that.Hence why im back in phase 1. I found a perfect top. And i also got a bday top to attend my friends party. When i shop it gives me motivation to lose weight.

Today was a good day. Got some much needed things done. i didnt get in my exercise but oh well there is always 2mo.. chat with ya later..

DtheFashionista
05-04-2011, 02:21 PM
Hey Girls!
So proud of you ladies! We're all doing great over coming challenges and sticking to our exercise. It's definitely a tough journey. I just got on to livestrong.com to track my weight and my food for the day. Out of curiosity I went back from when I started SB on 4/10 and counted just how long I've actually been "stuck". I have been sticking between 229 and 228 for 16 days. Can you say...plateau?! I'm getting so discouraged, but I know I can't quit. I'm keeping up with at least 30 minutes of some sort of physical activity per day if not more. I keep thinking it may be my weekly cheat meal but my fiance has started back on a downward trend and we're eating the same things! I've decided before I drop my cals from 1800 to 1200 I'm going to cut out dairy for a week. A friend suggested this to me. I have a slight allergy to dairy, but it doesn't cause anaphylaxis like nuts do or stomach pains and issues like gluten does so I figured I was okay to eat it moderately. My friend suggested that because the allergy does exist that my body may be bloating and holding on to things because it doesn't know how to process the dairy. I already had cheese and yogurt packed in my lunch today so I will say bye bye to dairy tomorrow. Heck it's worth a shot. I feel like my previous hormone diet has really skewed my view of what is realistic in weight loss. Thank goodness I found you girls it's been great to be able to log on and chat with you guys about what is working or not working. PS tonight I think I'm going to try...jogging...wish me luck!

ILRPinkGirl
05-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Blondie - Hope Phase 1 is going well for you, and that your attitude remains positive (and at least for the next 2 weeks, maybe it's a blessing that fresh fruits are slim in the area, lol!)

Tiara - Glad necessary things are getting done, and that you found the clothes you needed (and the motivation that comes with them!)

Danielle - Do you mix up the types of foods you eat and the types of exercises you do? Somtimes the body can get used to your diet, even if it is a healthy one. To break through that plateau, try each some different things to mix it up a bit, or try some different exercises (maybe throw some weight training in there?). Also, even if you and your fiance are eating the same things, I think sometimes people react differently to different foods. Try to figure out what foods are causing issues for you and lower the intake of those foods if possible (maybe the dairy will be a good change, let us know how it goes!). And drinking more water certainly never hurts!

As for me, I am soooo sick of this rain! I vastly prefer to work-out outside, but it's just not happening today. But I did get quite a few errands done over my lunch break, including ordering new eyeglasses which I'm super-excited about! I have my Weight Watchers meeting/weigh-in tonight so that's exciting (I think I'll be down 2 lbs from this time last week), and can't wait to start phase 1.5 tomorrow!

Blondie32
05-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Well, Ive lost a few pounds. My body is going through withdraws.lol

ILRPinkGirl
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Hey Blondie, congrats on the weight loss already! I know the withdrawals are hard (particularly because I was going through them only two weeks ago) but I promise it gets better! I'm already feeling much better, and I've just left Phase 1.

So speaking of which, today was my first day of Phase 1.5, and I had an apple with my lunch...I swear it was the best apple I've ever eaten, lol. And tomorrow my friends want to do chinese takeout for dinner, so I'm thinking about having brown rice with beef and broccoli (probably not perfectly on plan, but take-out can be rough! And frankly, that's a huge improvement from the orange chicken and eggrolls I would have ordered previously...). Also, on a whim this morning I signed up for a 5K on Sunday (eek!). I did half a dozen 5Ks last year, but haven't been jogging much lately (though I did get 2 miles in today at a pace of 4mph, which is like a slow jog for me - I know other people consider that fast walking), so hopefully I'll survive Sunday with a mix of walking and jogging. But I do love going out for the 5Ks (I even have a scrapbook of all my race bibs and times) so we'll see how it goes!

Not much else to report here, hope y'all are having a great day!

DtheFashionista
05-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Hey ladies! Well the fiance and I have moved into phase 2. How amazing it is!!! We've only added apples and sweet potatoes back but yum yum!!! My fiance is still dropping like crazy and I'm slowly going down, now down to 227.6 wooo! I think I'll probably see faster losses after next week. TOM is coming and I think he's going to be a pain this time around! Ughhh! Some times I really wish I would have been a boy! LOL

Ash, congrats on the 5k! I don't have the guts to sign up for one. The idea scares the heck out of me! I've been keeping up with my exercise though between aerobic videos, pilates, and walking. I have set a new goal I would like to jog a mile. I often jog when I walk but I never do a whole mile all at once. My goal is to be able to jog a 9.5 minute mile by 6/30. Now if the weather would cooperate I could get out and hit the track (I hate the treadmill). Also congrats on phase 1.5!

T- Love the new pic! That color is awesome on you girl!

Blondie- Way to go girl slow and steady wins the race! :)

ILRPinkGirl
05-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Hey Danielle, congrats to you and your fiance for both dropping. And hooray, isn't phase 2 wonderful?

So I know I already posted today, but had some awesome non-weight news I really wanted to share with someone. I think I've already mentioned that I'm going back to Cornell University in the fall for my masters...also, I applied for a Research Assistant position while I'm there. So, I heard back today and I've been offered a $10,000 scholarship to RA during the fall semester, with the potential for an additional $10,000 extension through the spring! If both work out, it covers almost my entire graduate program! And I think the work will be so interesting and rewarding, I'm literally jumping up and down in my apartment, lol!

Anyway, random I know...just needed to share, lol!

TIARA
05-06-2011, 09:54 PM
blondie.. congrats on the weight loss... keep it going..

danielle.. phase 2 thats awesome.. Well they do say men lose weight faster than women.But dont worry youll soon be dropping pounds too. I get bored fast and its been awhile since i changed my picture..

Ash.. thats awesome.. i need to get my butt to school but right now its not the right time for me. also it seems some of the rain youve been talking about has found its way to hawaii because we've been having lots of thunder and rain...

Hope you all have a good weekend . Now im off to go food shopping . I need more veggies..

DtheFashionista
05-07-2011, 02:19 PM
ASHLEY! AMAZING!!!!! Congrats! I'm sure that helps ease a bit of the financial stress that school can cause! That's amazing. I can tell that you're really a genuinely nice person and you totally deserve it. I love when great things happen to great people.

I logged on to say that the scale keeps on moving down. I took a couple days off my exercising due to cramps and I'm wondering if my body needed a little rest. I'm hoping to hit the track today, but might give myself one more day off.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday!

TIARA
05-08-2011, 05:12 AM
Danielle... i love when the scale drops even when i thought it would be a gain.. good for you. How is your bf doing? Is he still losing too? I wish i had someone with me to keep me focus at home but my sis refuses to be on board. oh well im finding my own willpower to charge through. This weekend i will be attending a 3 day 2 night hotel party for a friend and i know i will be drinking but im just gonna make sure my eating is perfet and i get in as much exercise before fri.

My gpa isnt doing well. He is slowly getting weaker. This has been going on for 2 years now but this time around it doesnt look good. I live with my grandparents so i see this everyday. Its hard i slipped and fell and binged. I know what i must do but when faced with this situation i feel so helpless i sabotage myself. Well heres to a brighter 2mo. Keep up the good work ladies. Im so happy we are in this together.

Have a happy mothers day dont forget to call your mothers no matter how much they may annoy you they are our the reason were alive..lol I remind myself of this when she makes me mad lol..

ILRPinkGirl
05-08-2011, 12:43 PM
Hey ladies!

Danielle - Congrats on the drop on the scale, that's so exciting! Hope the cramps are subsiding and you're feeling well enough to get back out there, but those things can be a real pain, lol...

Tiara - Sorry we sent you rain in exchange for our good weather! I hope the rain goes away soon, but doesn't come here! And I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather, you must be really close as you live with your grandparents. I'll keep him in my thoughts. And it's soooo hard not to slip in situations like that, I know lots of stress or emotions will do that to me too, so I think it's a great sign that you recognized it and are ready to move forward!

As for me, down to 233 today, woo hoo! And if I calculated it right, I think I gt my ticker tomorrow, which I'm dorky-excited for, lol. But I'm super excited today because I've just returned home from my 5K, and I got a new best time, down 2 1/2 minutes from my best time last October! And I haven't really been training this spring like I was in the fall, but I think the weight loss alone made a huge difference to my speed. So I still want to improve my 5K time by another 2 1/2 minutes this year, but that was a huge start!

And thanks for the Mother's Day reminder Tiara, I just got off the phone with mine :) Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and remembers to wish the women in their life a Happy Mother's Day!

BeTrueToYou
05-08-2011, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone, I hope it is okay for me to join. I am 23 also, and around the same weight range/height :) I am starting week two of phase 1 today.

ILRPinkGirl
05-08-2011, 01:14 PM
Hey BeTrue, absolutely, welcome to the thread! How'd the first week on phase 1 go?

BeTrueToYou
05-08-2011, 02:48 PM
It went really well, there was one hard time and it wasnt even a day or anything. I was passing out a students birthday cupcakes, and ended up with frosting all over my hands. It was SO HARD not to lick it off and then eat a cupcake, and then chips and whatever else. I made it though and feel great. I am having a tall sugar free fat free caramel frappachino right now. It tastes SO sweet.

DtheFashionista
05-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Welcome BeTrue!

Well after I posted yesterday my day got pretty rough. Got some yummy olives from the Safeway olive bar...there had to be some hidden gluten in there because I am having major stomach problems I cannot eat anything without having to go to the bathroom like 40 minutes later.Which would be great for the weight loss except my stomach hurts so bad I can hardly move without feeling pain and I get so swollen and bloated my fingers and toes hurt. It's awful. I went and visited with my mom today and my fiance and I met with the wedding officiant. Now I'm home moaning and groaning because the nice lunch we had with my mom isn't getting along with my tummy.

T- Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I can relate I don't live with my grandparents but I live within blocks and watching them age and get sick really gets me emotionally. When my grandpa was in the hospital last month before I started SBD I was binging like mad.

Ash- Great job with the 5k!

TIARA
05-09-2011, 05:15 AM
Be true... Welcome..Whats your name? or something we can call you other than Be true ..lol I love the 1st phase, it might have something to do with losing a lot of weight during that time. Im still in it. I personally like to stay in phase 1 for as long as possible but when i start to maintain a weight i go into phase 2 and kick up the exercise..
Danielle.. We've had a few people come to my work allergic to gluton and it was an eye opening experience to watch how strick and on the ball they must be to what they can or cant eat. The person in question was also allergic to dairy. I felt so bad because she was only 6 years old and was only able to eat rice from us. Hope you feel better soon.. Glad you enjoyed your time with your mother..

Im trying to stay focus i actually ate very well and stayed within my 1200 calorie range. No more excuses my mind is made up.

I dont know if i told you this but im allergic to dairy. And that is one food group i absolutly love.. I mean who doesnt love ice cream... Im thank ful there is a lactose pill that helps me be able to eat ice cream when im having a cheat day. Do they have any type of pill for gluton?
Ash... Hey girl..

Well Mothers day went well i spent dinner with my mom and family. I come froma family of 2 girls and 1 boy. Yes im the middle.. lol She liked her gift and the cake i made i stayed strong and had no cake ebut i did enjoy some steak and salad and was strong enough to pass on the egg rolls.. one day down just a thousand more to go.. chat with ya all soon.. aka 2mo.. gnite

BeTrueToYou
05-09-2011, 10:58 AM
Great job ignoring the cake and rolls Tiara :) I have to admit I have avoided eating out or with others just because then I don't have to say no to anything. And you can call me Rachael :) I think lately I have been over-doing the sour cream. Having it with almost every meal, and not a tiny bit either. So I am not going to have any for today and try to have a little with one meal tomorrow.

D- Im sorry about your stomach ache, that really sucks. I hope today is better :)

I have to get some copies made, but I hope everyone has a great on plan day :)

DtheFashionista
05-09-2011, 04:14 PM
I got my ticker...and my tummy feels better! Great day! Hope everyone else is having a good day. I'm getting ready to go over to my grandparent's house to hang out with my grandpa so my grams can go run some errands and get out of the house.

ILRPinkGirl
05-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Hey ladies, happy Monday (as happy as a Monday can be anyway, lol...)

Tiara and Rachael, good for you two resisting those temptations! Cupcakes and eggrolls are probably two of my biggest weaknesses, so I definitely feel your pain. However, I bet it felt great afterwards knowing you'd resisted!

Danielle, sorry about your stomachache, but I'm glad it's feeling better today. And hooray about the ticker! We must have joined the same day, because mine just became available too!

Not much for me to report today...busy day at work, but still managed to get in 2 miles before work and another 1.5 miles (though very leisurely) this evening. Also excited about other 5Ks I've signed up for, so trying to pick up the pace on the workouts. Long day at the office tomorrow, but having both lunch and dinner with friends/co-workers, so I'll have to do some planning tonight!

TBucket
05-10-2011, 01:11 AM
Hey Ladies!! Can I join the buddy system??? I'm starting Phase 1...again, tomorrow. Just got back from the grocery store and all stocked up!!! I did pretty good on Phase 1 the first time, but lost momentum when I started Phase 2....gotta get after it....I have a beach vac/honeymoon(shhhhh we are eloping)hopefully this fall.....I'm hoping to drop 30 more lbs and down to a size 8/10....food has always been my issue. I love to work out, but in the same breath love food! i need to learn to love both the right way!!! Help!!!!

TIARA
05-10-2011, 04:38 AM
Rachael.. Do you write down what you eat? That may help you keep track of your ups and downs. I write down what i eat and believe me it helps me be accountable when i weigh in.. :rofl:which is everyday..lol
Ash... Your motivating me to keep up with my :boxing: . I dont seem to have time. i know i know no excuses..lol im gonna try harder to get in an hour a day..
Danielle..Grandparents are truly a blessing... enjoy your time with them... Love the ticker... very pretty i think im gonna change mine too..
Tbucket...:welcome3: Just jump on in.. What can we call you? Eloping wow thats exciting... My sister said she would rather eloping than having the big wedding but i think id want to have a small gathering of friends and family.. Looking forward to chatting with ya through the ups and downs of sb....

I made myself a whole pan of turkey "meat loaf" It will get me through the next few days. It came out really yummy and moist. I also paired it with green beans .
For my exercise i cleaned.. Hey i count it as an exercise if i sweat. I really danny tanner aka ocd cleaned my room. I got rid of big clothes and made room in my closet for new clothes... I also rearranged my bed room it was a busy day. Im trying to keep my mind busy then i dont have time to think of other stressful things..

TBucket
05-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Good Morning!!

Tiara, Thanks for the welcome. My name is Tawnya.

Good Job on the meat loaf! it's on of my favorites! I'm making turkey chile tonight for dinner and looking forward to it! I've come to realize I have to make my food flavorfull so I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything!

ummm...can you come Danny Tanner my house please?!? Im in the middle of buying a house and supposed to close the end of the month and my apt is disaster area!!! I need cleaning fairies!!!

well I"m going to dig into my cottage cheese breakfast! Hope everyone has a great day!!!

ILRPinkGirl
05-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Tawnya, welcome to the thread! How exciting about eloping, have you decided where you're going for the vacation/honeymoon?

Tiara, I am completely loving the Danny Tanner reference, lol! And good for you sticking with the boxing! And although an hour is great, don't feel bad for doing 30 or 20 or whatever number of minutes, it all helps! Most days I only do 30 minutes of exercise (this morning only 20 because I had to be at work earlier than usual), yesterday just happened to be such a beautiful day I ended up putting in about an hour.

Danielle and Rachael, hope you're both having a good morning!

Super-busy with work today, but packed a good lunch and am making Pizza Meat Pie (from the SB cookbook) with a friend tonight while watching Biggest Loser! I'll tell ya, one pleasant and unexpected side-effect of SBD is that I'm learning to cook! I've always been good at baking, but not comfortable with entrees...well I've been forced to get comfortable fast, lol!

DtheFashionista
05-10-2011, 01:32 PM
Good morning ladies! Today is supposed to be a beautiful day here I'm just waiting fo the clouds to burn off. I've got a slow day on tap for work but afterward is going to be busy I have an optional networking event to go to and a baseball game I was invited to and I wanted to get some jogging in. We'll see how it goes. I'm torn on the optional networking event. I feel like I should go, but I also feel like it's going to be right after work I'm going to be hungry and there are going to be all sorts of off plan snacks there. I think I'll hold off and go to next month's event...but if my boss decides to go I'll probably go too.(Funny how that works. LOL)

Tawnya- Welcome!!! Eloping...gosh if I would have been smart we would have done that instead of this big shin dig we've got planned for September! :)

Rachael- I agree with Tiara, writing down what you eat really helps to see patterns. I use www.livestrong.com (http://www.livestrong.com) it lets me track my food and weight very easily and I can even pull up a chart that shows my weight over a period of time and my calorie intake over that same period of time. You can also input your exercise so you know how many calories you're burning. I absolutely love it. Might want to give it a try.

Tiara- I cleaned yesterday too and counted it as my exercise. I go a little crazy when I get the cleaning bug and I work up quite the sweat. Sometimes I think cleaning is more of a work out than working out. Especially when you do the floors!!! Also the turkey meatloaf sounds good. What do you put in it? My fiance loves meat loaf so I might make some up.

Ashley- You are just kicking butt on your exercise! How awesome!!! Also please share how the pizza meat pie turns out. I'm getting a little lazy with my cooking and just doing chicken and salad and that is the fastest way for things to go South for me. I need to get a little more motivated when it comes to cooking creative meals! Although I have had a sweet potato now that I'm in Ph.2 or Ph.1.5 or whatever it is! :)

Hope you ladies have a great (ON PLAN) day!

TBucket
05-10-2011, 01:41 PM
thanks for making me feel so welcome everyone! I'm excited to get this show on the road!!!

Hoping to get my exercise in after work today!! I have so much on my plate that most of the time it's exercise that gets pushed off...well, not anymore! If nothing else I'll start taking a walk at work. Might be inside the mall, since 100 degrees isnt very pleasent to walk in and then come back to work, but I'll get it done!! soemtiems we just need a little push!

TIARA
05-11-2011, 04:05 AM
Tawnya...I just fly things i like into my turkey loaf it varieys from time to time but in this recipie i used 2 ground turkeys 1440cal, zucchini 60cal,egg140cal onion 70cal =1710 calories divided by 8 (#of meals ) its only 214 per serving.. i also pair it with gbeans and mayo.. i must admit i miss the crackers that should be in there but it comes out very filling and moist. You can add your own mix depending on what you like but the egg help keeps it all binded.

Lol... Danny tanner is something my siblings and i call my mother. When she would get into her cleaning moods no one was safe i hate to admit its rubbed off on me.. Id love to help but im stuck in the middle of the ocean.. hahaThis is a good time to sweet talk the future hubby..lol

Ash.. Yeah i took your advice and i did 30min of boxing and 20 with the exercise ball..Your inspiring me to try new recipies. I am not an adventurous person so i usually stick to the same old stuff but thats why i get bored so easily... Im gonna check it out and hopfully try some stuff out.. The weather is not my friend nd i cant afford to get sick . My tattoo is healing nicely and im itching to go walking outside but i guess ill have to settle for the dreadmill...

Danielle. Love the new pic.. and the puppy. I really really want a puppy but sadly i dont have the room or funds for the one i want. So for now i just envy from afar..

Okay im off to search the web for new food ideas and start making my food list for the store. I cant wait till fri thats when ill be m.i.a. for 2 days while i am staying at a hotel with some friends. Do you guys have any low calorie alcoholic drinks that you like. I told myself im only gonna cheat on drinks but what i like aint so calorie friendly. I already scratched the pinocolada and dakories.. right now im thinking id be safe with just old malibu and diet soda.. any ideas would be a help.. thanks

ILRPinkGirl
05-11-2011, 08:20 AM
So yesterday ended up being dangerous for me in terms of SBD...I think it was a combination of work stress and upcoming TOM, but I was at the grocery store yesterday afternoon and I had the sudden urge (and urge is an understatement) to buy a bag of chips or a loaf of garlic bread and just binge on them. I had to talk myself down a couple of times...first I compromised if I only got healthy stuff at the store, I could get a small french fry on the way home (at least it would be portion controlled)...and once I got in the car I told myself if I skipped the fries I could go have lots of popcorn at home...and that's what I ended up doing. It was the 94% fat free stuff, but I ended up consuming one large bag AND a mini bag of the popcorn. So even though it was healthier than a lot of the alternatives, it was still a binge and it freaked me out afterwards. I'll have to think on it more to really understand what triggered it, but I was almost disappointed when I was down a pound today, like I wanted to be punished for yesterday's bad behavior. Anyway, feels better to admit the binge, thanks for letting me start out with a vent.

Danielle - What a cute puppy! What's his/her name? And how did the networking event/baseball game go yesterday?

Tawnya - Hope the workout went well yesterday! When I lived at home my mom and I used to walk together in the mornings, and when the weather was bad (though at the opposite side of the spectrum of what you're talking about - loads of snow!) we would walk inside the mall. I always found it fun to look at the store fronts while walking around, but maybe that loses its novelty when you work at the mall, lol. Regardless, hope you got some fun exercise in yesterday!

Tiara - Awesome job on the workout yesterday, kicked my butt, lol! And good for you trying some new recipes. The pizza meat pie last night wasn't terrible (however it looked kinda nasty, never bring it to an event because it will scare everyone away), but my friend definitely liked it more than me. It's nice because this friend is being very supportive of my new lifestyle, so we do dinner 2-3 times a week where I cook a SB-friendly entree and she brings veggies and sugar-free jello. So far my favorites have been the P2 Almond Chicken, P1 Shrimp with Tomato, Garlic, and Basil, and (if you even really call this cooking) the P1 pancakes!

In terms of the drinks, I think red wine is certainly the ideal, but if you're on for a night on the town with your friends, that may not be what you're looking for. If you're preferring mixed drinks, I would do like a diet soda with alcohol would be good...and a website I was browsing had a good suggestion...it said if you're trying to lose weight while out drinking, alternate between a mixed drink and a diet soda, to help keep the calories down though you can always have a drink in hand. Have a fantastic time!

Rachael - Hope you're having a great week!

Well after all that I've shared just about everything, lol. It's my official weigh-in day today, down 4 pounds from last week. Fighting off some continued allergies, and today will be another INSANE day at work. Hope you all have a great day!

TBucket
05-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Good Morning!!!

Tiara, Thanks for the break down! I get an odd sense of satisifaction when I know how Low Cal my food is and how filling it can be at the same time! Its kind of like this little naugty secret you know and nobody else does. I ended up making turkey chile yesterday and it was soo good! I had to be sure and limit myself on my serving because I just wanted to keep eating it!!

Ashley-I did end up getting a little exercise in, although not as much as I would have liked. I ended up with a friend in need, but got some walking in.

I fee like I"m self sabotageing myself. Whether it be with food or skiping my workouts. I'm begining to get really frustrated with myself and then when I get frustrated I want to eat more. I just have to get my head right and just stick to it. When i did phase 1 the first time I did fantastic! 8lbs in 2 weeks and feeling great! I just cant seem to figure out why I keep letting myself down in all of this. It's really discouraging.

I hope you all are having a great day and let me know if you have any suggestions for me. I already write down my food...I actually have an APP for that hehe....and it keeps track of it all...also i know i need to cut down on my soda. Although it be diet, it still affects things.

Have a great Wednesday!!!

TBucket
05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Tiara---Maybe if I just talk him into letting me come there, I could just leave the mess behind! hahah I think I like that idea!! :)

as for the drinks...well I dont drink but I have seen a few drink recipes out there...try looking on Hungrygirl.com....she has low carb and low call stuff. I have a few of her cookbooks! they are pretty awesome!!

DtheFashionista
05-11-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey girls.

Well I think I was just assuming I found some hidden gluten when in actuality I caught the nasty flu going around my office. I was so hungry yesterday nothing seemed to satisfy me had a mini bag of popcorn (the low fat kind) and a diet soda and that seemed to do the trick until I got home from work and felt sicker than a dog. All that food I ate didn't stay in me long. (Sorry for the gory details!) So I am home today on the couch with my sugar free popsicles and netflix. Ball game was ok, my cousin turned a double play but didn't have to great of a night at the plate. My boss and I both agreed it was too nice to go to an after hours networking event and vowed we'd go next month.

Also my puppy's name is Remy. He's a year old Maltipoo. We got him for free from my previous boss who had a melt down when she decided to be a stay at home mom and bought Remy and his brother then realized she didn't have time for two puppies! So we got him when he was 10 weeks old. He's seriously the cutest most spoiled dog you'll ever meet. If there is a baby around he gets all insecure and has to be in my arms or my fiance's held just like a baby. We're hoping to break him of this habit in the next three years as we're hoping to start a family around that time. Remy absolutely makes our little family complete though. He's great but he is a lot of work and cost us some money when we first got him for all the vet visits and he was a little sickly. We've got pet insurance now though so he doesn't cost us too much!

DtheFashionista
05-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Just read my last post.... I'm sorry I am the crazy puppy lady. Have a great day girls. I'm going to go get reacquainted with my bed.

ILRPinkGirl
05-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Ladies, where have y'all been hiding out today?!

Tawnya - Sorry to hear that you feel you're self-sabotaging...just keep in mind that all of us go through feelings like that during our journeys. Just enjoy the small victories and think about how much worse your diet and exercise would be if you weren't aiming to be on this plan (for example, I splurged and had a slice of thin crust pizza at an italian restaurant tonight...part of me feels guilty, but then I remind myself that I passed on bread and dessert, had a normal portion, and if I wasn't on the SBD I would've ordered some kind of pasta in a heavy cream sauce. So even though I didn't do perfectly today, it was a huge step up from where I would've been a month ago.

Danielle - Lol, crazy puppy lady....I've never had a pet aside from some goldfish so I can't fully relate, but most people seem to find that their dogs are almost like children to them, so I completely get how much you love your dog. Hope you're having a great day!

As for me, today was a pretty good day (as mentioned above it wasn't PERFECT, but a vast improvement from pre-SBD). I was out from 7am till 9:30pm today, so no exercise today (first day in forever...) so I think I'll put in an hour tomorrow instead of 30 minutes to catch up. I'm worried today's non-perfect diet, lack of exercise, and minimal water intake will haunt me on the scale tomorrow, but I'm determined not to let it get to me! And feeling much better after Tuesday's binge, though I'm going to try staying away from popcorn for a while, as I think that may be a trigger food for me.

Hope everyone had a beachy day!

BeTrueToYou
05-13-2011, 03:16 PM
HI everyone,

Sorry that it has been a few days. I have been on and reading your posts but have not replied.

I am a crazy puppy lady too! I have a mutt who is a year and a half and a 9 month old Golden Retriever. They are my world (and they know it LOL). The good thing is that they are the reason I get any exercise...they need their walks :)

I have been on plan and what not, but feeling slightly flustered at the lack of change on the scale. I am reminding myself though that it is just about TOM (in a day or so) and I always retain water at this time. I just have to ignore the (much smaller than normal) cravings and know that the scale will be my friend again in about a week.

I was wondering, around when do you folks notice a loss in pants size? Mine feel exactly the same as they did when I weighed 236...and the scale now reads 217.

I did not get all of my veggies in yesterday, and probably the day before either but I am on the veggie track today. I had an entire can of green beans with breakfast. I am also going to have broccoli later. Do beans count as a veggie? I have been making the taco bake and eating it each day as one of my meals, normally dinner. I am going to make something else for next week as I don't want to get bored, but I have not been adding anything to that dish except putting it on a bed of lettuce.

I apologize for talking about me me me, but it is nice to go somewhere and think people might be listening LOL. This time in my life is a little hectic...my first teaching job is almost over and I am making a major move. I don't know how long I will be there as I plan on ending up in NY where I grew up, but I can't sign a teaching contract if I will be gone within a year. I do however, need a job. Ugh...just life LOL. I hope that everyone has a super day, and i promise that later today or tomorrow I will definitly comment on everyone else.

TIARA
05-13-2011, 05:30 PM
good morning ladies.. have a good weekend ill check in when i get back ..

ILRPinkGirl
05-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Hey ladies, hope everyone survived Friday the 13th (I'm blaming the cursed day for my 1 lb gain this morning, though it's more likely due to upcoming TOM...)

Rachael - The dogs sound adorable, and it's nice that they're a motivation to go out for walks :) In terms of the pant size question, I'm sure it varies by person. I've lost just under 20 pounds and I'm not seeing a huge change in pants fitting yet, but I am noticing big changes in button-down shirts that used to bulge like crazy. But I did buy a pair of jeans when I started a month ago that were way too small, and every Friday I try them on to see if I see much of a change. They're still not buttoning yet, but I can start to see they're getting closer! And I'm not sure about the bean question (other than green beans), but I'll admit I've been bad the past few days with getting enough vegetables. But between exercise, avoiding the wrong foods, getting enough water, AND normal life stuff, something is bound to be a little less than ideal.

Tiara - Have a great weekend, enjoy the time with your girlfriends!

Today was super-stressful at work, but I kept the eating under control and found time for an hour of exercise today, so hoping to be back in the right direction on the scale tomorrow.

So what are everyone's plans for the weekend? I'm being a complete dork tomorrow morning and taking the MENSA test (which started as a joke which turned into a bet), so a friend and I will be spending the morning with a standardized test. I'm also going to a 3-person potluck tomorrow night (I'm in charge of entree and am bringing the P2 Almond Chicken I had succes with last weekend) and I know one person is bringing salad, so I can live off of that even if person #3 brings bad food. And Sunday I'm off for another 5K (though they're calling for rain and possibly thunderstorms...it won't stop me from doing the race, but I won't be disappointed if I don't improve from last weekend's time).

One random note before I sign off for the night...if any of you ladies like to read, I just finished the book Something Borrowed (I think it's by Emily Griffith, something like that) which was the basis for the movie currently in theaters under the same name...fantastic book! Haven't seen the movie yet, but will be doing so next weekend. But I couldn't put the book down, so that's my recommendation! :) Have a good night ladies!

BeTrueToYou
05-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Quick comment, I read the book over a year ago I think, but after it is a book called Something Blue, written from the perspective of the friend (not Rachael). It is good too :)

ILRPinkGirl
05-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Oh really? I'll definitely have to check it out, thanks for letting me know!

DtheFashionista
05-14-2011, 02:14 PM
I feel like I also read that book awhile back. I'm excited to see the movie though, because it looks like a great cast.

Well I'm back. I have survived whatever was ailing me. I don't feel 100% yet, but I'm feeling good enough to go do something physical...I think I'll take a nice walk/jog before I go out with my dad tonight. (FYI: my dad called me and asked me what I was doing between 5-7 Saturday earlier this week. I said nothing and so now I'm roped into doing some mystery thing with him...literally no clue what we're doing.) Well the fiancée is making me an omelet and the coffee maker just beeped so I should go in the kitchen and pretend to help him. Check in with you ladies tomorrow! Hope everyone has a good day.

Ashley- You amaze me with these 5ks. My fiancée and I are considering doing one after the wedding.

TBucket
05-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Hey Ladies,

sorry I was MIA...Yesterday was my birthday so I took the day off and got myself a massage then spent the day with my boyfriend. I figured turning 30 on Friday the 13th warranted a day off!!!

thanks for the pep talk Ashley! I needed that. Good job on passing up the dessert and bread...i know that's hard

My friend is having a difficult time with alcohol right now so in support of her I told her I would give up Diet Dr Pepper with her...I know it's not the same, but I drink sometimes 2+ a day so its still a detox for me. People might not want to be around me next week! hahah

As for pant sizes and seeing a difference...I think everyone is different...I lost 25lbs and only went down 1 size....they usually say 10lbs=1size....i think thats a generality. I wear much smaller tops now(pear shaped) I lose all my weight from my upper body first before my lower so I get pretty bottom heavy. Dont get too discouraged though, everyone does it differently. Just keep pushing forward! it will come!!!

have a great weekend ladies! Tomorrow I'm spending the day with my boyfriend and his girls...he wasn't allowed to give me my gift until they were with him(they were at their mom's this weekend)...so cute!

keep up the good work!!!

ILRPinkGirl
05-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Hey everyone, good morning!

Danielle - So glad that you're feeling better! Also, you'll have to let us know if this "mystery activity" with your dad last night was anything interesting, lol.

And you and your fiancee should definitely consider a 5K! The nice thing about them is that you can generally go whatever speed you want since people can usually run or walk these things. And for me, I'm a bit of a competitive person, so these races keep me motivated to beat my own best times (I did a half marathon - in Disney World! - last year and loved the spirit of the whole thing, but found 13.1 miles to be much too far for me to enjoy training for, lol), so 5Ks work well for me.

Tawyna - Happy belated birthday! A massage sounds like the perfect way to spend the day (especially on Friday the 13th, lol). And that's so nice of you to support your friend like that..I gave up soda for lent, and I totally hear you about that being a detox of itself (Diet Dr. Pepper was my drink of choice too!), so even though it's not the same as dealing with alcohol, I'm sure your friends appreciates feeling like they're not going it alone. Have fun today with your boyfriend and his girls!

So thank goodness I checked the info page for today's 5K...for some reason I thought it started at 8am, but actually doesn't start till 9:45am! And this race is 45 minutes away so it would've been pointless to turn around, so I'm glad I won't have to kill two hours in a parking lot, lol. It's supposed to rain this morning so I'm not expecting a great time during this run, but I'll run it regardless.

And my weight has been a little funny the past few days...the entire first month it moved very steadily in one direction, and now it's been jumping around between 233 and 231 the past few days...I think it's a combination of upcoming TOM, not getting enough water, and having a couple of BLTs (bites, licks, tastes) of things I shouldn't be. Still doing well overall, but I need to crack down on my eating a bit, I shouldn't be bending the rules this much for stuff that's not special occassions.

Anyway, have a great day ladies, cross your fingers for minimal rain up in the northeast this morning! :)

TIARA
05-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Hello ladies.. i had such a good time we decided to stay one more day. It was a blast i has little bit too much fun with the drinks and mid night eating i swear we didnt sleep till 4am. Im seriously detoxing my body of all the foos and drinks i consumed this weekend. But over all i enjoyed myself and got a tan..

Tawyna.. Happy belated birthday hope you enjoyed it..

Danielle.. im glad your feeling better.. let us know what you and your dad end up doing you got me curious..

Ashley.. dont worrie too much about the scale as long as you know your giving it your all the scale will soon show the results.

Rachael.. how are you doing?

ill check in with you all 2mo take care..

ILRPinkGirl
05-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Hey Tiara, glad to hear you had such a fun weekend! Hopefully the detoxing isn't too painful, lol.

Danielle, Rachael, Tawnya, where you guys been hiding?!

So the 5K on Sunday was the most ridiculous thing ever....it was pouring rain until 5 minutes before the race started, and I was so thrilled it would be a pleasant run after all....until the race started and realized 90% wasn't on paved road, but rather on grass and dirt trails (at least, that's what they were before the rain turned them into rivers...). My shoes are STILL soaking wet, and at one point the water was so deep it was halfway between my ankle and knee. Needless to say this was not a new best time for me, but despite the conditions I actually did better than some of my times from last year, so I'm happy. And next weekend is the 5K in NYC which is all on paved, flat ground (woo hoo!), so that's one to look forward to.

And I weighed in this morning at 230, which means a loss of 20 lbs so far! I'm actually much more excited about hitting 229 than 230 because 229 was my first big mini-goal (haven't seen the 220s in at least two years) so very excited to see that on the scale, hopefully in the next couple of days. Finally got through most of the insanity at work yesterday, hopefully today won't be quite as bad as the past week.

Also, back to random reading recommendations (can you tell I love my eReader?), I read an entire book in 24 hours I thought it was so good...it's technically a young adult genre, but it's called The Hunger Games and I really recommend it. It's part of a trilogy so I've just started on the 2nd book and will probably rip through that one as well, lol.

Have a good day ladies!

BeTrueToYou
05-17-2011, 10:35 AM
Good Morning,

I have to be quick as I am leaving for work. I have not been on much as I am moving on the 28th...driving myself, the 2 dogs and 3 cats from AZ to NY....I am still working and trying to plan the trip and figure out what I am taking with me etc. I hope everyone is well! I am on plan and weighed 216 this morning...woo hoo!

ILRPinkGirl
05-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Hey Rachael, what a long trip! You headed to the city or upstate New York? Excited about the move (never been to Phoenix myself, but I've spent many years in different parts of NY - pretty much all upstate - and love it up here). That's got to be stressful though, getting ready for such a big change! And congrats on the weigh-in, you'll have to update your tracker to celebrate! Your next goal of 207 is less than ten pounds away now!

Danielle, Tawyna, Tiara - hope everything's going well this week, and hope to hear from you ladies soon!

As for me, continuing to work hard, hoping to see the 220s very soon (maybe even tomorrow?! thinking positive thoughts!!!). Wishing the crappy weather would go away, but it sounds like it's sticking around until Sunday (but at least that's good timing for this weekend's 5K).

And, as I promised I would in my last post, I have already read the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series, very good stuff. But as I go along I'm a little shocked to realize this is a young adult series, as there's a fair amount of gore and death in this book. Only one book left in the trilogy for me to read, an I'm trying to pace myself...but who am I kidding, I'll probably be done with it by Friday...

Take care ladies, have a good day!

TIARA
05-20-2011, 03:03 AM
Rachael.. 216.. Thats so cool.. i will be posting my weight when its close to my lowest of 232. Which should be in about a week..

Ash.. good job for staying on plan . i found my motivation and have been doing well. I am currently making a list to do a big shopping trip to stock my house with more sb friendly phase 1 foods. since i used up the rest..

I understand the reading frenzy. When twilight seriers cames out i swear it all in a week. Of course thats all i did all day..lol I havent read the hunger series but i have a list of my own that im going through. I love the young adult books , i find it more intresting.

I did very well on plan today. Fougth with my mother, i swear no matter how old i get there is something about her that rubs me the wrong way. Thats why its better to see her when i absolutly have to. I feel she is one of thoes people you can only stand to be around for a few hours at a time any longer and youll go nutz. on the postive side im not letting this get me down i stuck to my plan and even walked away the anger..
Well hope to see the rest of you on here chat with ya later...

ILRPinkGirl
05-20-2011, 08:33 AM
Way to go Tiara! My mom is a sensitive spot for me too, so I definitely know how hard it is not to react with bad eating habits. Well done walking away the anger, I'm very inspired :) And I admittedly love the young adult books as well...I love Twilight and Hunger Games (though I still have 2/3 of a book left in that series), and enjoyed Harry Potter a lot too, though to a lesser extent. By the way, I can't remember if I ever asked, I see your next miini-goal is for books, do you have specific ones picked out that you want?

So yesterday was the best day EVER, woke up at 228 (this morning was also equally brilliant because it didn't jump right back up to the 230s. SO HAPPY to be in the 220s, but it's funny how fast our goals can change (I was dying to get into the 220s, and already I'm getting super excited just thinking about the 210s, lol). Went to a poker night last night which I behaved during except for a few pretzels, and the night overall was loads of fun - except that I lost my money, lol. Today should just be work, errands, and relaxing with the rest of my book. Oh, and have to start figuring out the logistics for the 5K on Sunday which is in NYC, so have to figure out how to get from CT to the financial district of the city by 9am!

Have a great day ladies!

TIARA
05-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Ash.. i bought the books already its The last sacrafice, night star and burned. The theory in buying it and having it sit on my shelf was to tourture me in hurring to lose the weight.... it didnt work. Im very much into the whole fantasy, vampires, love books. I absolutly love harry potter lol i cant wait to see the last movie.

I understand how quickly your goals change but praise yourself for getting to the first goal. I was excited when i 1st got into the 280 the first insentive i bought was eyeshadow. Do you have a bribe for yourself to lose weight? It helps me.. sometimes..

So far so good im on point with calories. Im also planing on going walking for 2 miles with my sisiter...

TIARA
05-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Hello ladies i didnt get my exercise in but i did manage to make the phase 1 pb cookies. i made 2 batches the original and the other one i added rootbeer extract it came out really well with just a hint of rb.. I had 4 but it was small one recipie made 24 and at 68 calories per cookie its not that bad. I put the rest in the freezer and will have them as my dessert for many nights to come thats if the people in my house dont get to it first... lol take care..

BeTrueToYou
05-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Tiara- The cookies sound great! Yesterday I had students offer me ice cream sundaes, donuts, cookies and cupcakes. It is getting easier and easier to turn them down, but I think having things around that are on plan (like the cookies you are putting in the freezer) makes things a lot easier. Nice job!

TIARA
05-23-2011, 05:32 AM
Rachael.... My sister hates the cookies (she would rather the original )which work out in my favor lol... at least i know i will still have them when i want them..

My sister and i went on a late night food shopping. i grabed some things that are low calorie and sb phase 1 approved to try. I must say lf cottage cheese looks scary but it isnt so bad. i put it in a turky slice and had it as a roll up.
One thing ive learned about being on this diet is you have to be creative. I have made tuna omelet, scarmble eggs and peanut butter, tuna and peanuts, and some other crazy ideas and i must say they dont taste too bad. It grosses my sister out which is always a plus but at the end of the day i enjoy it and its on plan.

My plan for 2mo is to walk the 2 miles im been dreading.. lol

Miss you Ash. Daniellle, Blondie, and Tawney hope your all okay and being good....

ILRPinkGirl
05-23-2011, 08:16 AM
Hey ladies, happy Monday!

Tiara - Those are some brave food combinations! I'm particularly curious to hear how you liked scrambled eggs and peanut butter (and what inspired that pairing in the first place!). I'm glad to hear your sister won't be stealing your pb cookies, but I don't think I could limit myself to just one serving of those - too dangerous for my house! And in terms of gifts, I absolutely do! In fact, the day before I finished day two, I bought an arm band for my iPod, gift wrapped it with some old wrapping paper, and then unwrapped it the next day as a literal present for myself for getting through phase 1, lol. Dorky I know, but it was fun! I've done some other things like nail polish and a pair of too-small jeans that I'm getting closer to fitting into! I also really want to treat myself at some point to one of those really nifty water bottles that has a water purifier in it (like a Brita jug, but in water bottle form).

Rachael - Way to go turning down all of those temptations! Glad to hear everything's going well!

Danielle, Tawnya, Blondie - miss you guys!

As for me, yesterday was fantastic! Had my third 5K in three weeks, this one down in NYC. It was really overcast, but the rain stayed away for the most part and it was a really great race. And I improved my best time by another two minutes! My next race isn't for another 5 weeks, but I'm hoping to take another minute off my time by then.

I just wish it wasn't Monday, I don't feel like working today. Between not getting enough sleep and feeling sore from the run and some arm exercises over the weekend, I don't want to get out of bed, lol. But hopefully it'll be a good day overall - and have to remember to call my mom and wish her a happy birthday today!

And for the end of my ramble...I hope it goes unsaid, but wanted to actually say thank you for all the help in this thread. It's been a great place for me to come vent and get inspiration when I'm down, as well as to share the excitement of the victories. You guys have affected my journey more than you realize! :) So thanks for being there!

Okay, done with the cheesy now! :)

Blondie32
05-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Happy Monday to you all. Back on Track today.

TIARA
05-25-2011, 07:23 AM
blondie.. good for you for being good today... ive been at the starting point many times.

Ash.. lol.. it was an accident really. I usually just ate peanut butter by itself off the spoon but that morning i had it with eggs . I must say it wasnt bad..Thoes are all good things to start with. Like i said it doesnt have to cost a lot and you have to keep the promise to yourself that use your present before you hit your goal. Once i made a goal to dye my hair which i must do every month due to my white hair(blush) lol but i wasnt able to accomplish that goal and i had no choice but to walk around for a few more weeks till i hit it.. Also when i gain back some weight i made myself give up the gift which was a pendent till i wa able to meet the goal again. you dont have to be so strick its just something i do..lol..

ILRPinkGirl
05-25-2011, 08:03 AM
Hey Blondie, glad you're feeling back on track! Keep it up!

Tiara, that's smart, rewards that you have to earn like that (and I'm sure it was quick incentive not getting to dye your hair until you reached your goal, lol!). I like to do rewards, but I tend to do them for staying on plan for a certain amount of time rather than what the scale says. As-of Friday I will have been on this plan for six weeks, so I may reward myself with one of those Brita water bottles I keep seeing commercials for...I have no idea how much they cost, but they look awesome).

Anyway, not too much else to report here, off to work shortly! Have a good day ladies!

ILRPinkGirl
05-26-2011, 07:14 PM
It's been so quiet in here...where did everybody go? :( Hope everyone is doing alright, always here for support!

As for me, a little frustrated today. From a health perspective, I have shin splints in my left leg from all the jogging I've been doing (compared to NO exercise six weeks ago, I guess it was bound to happen)...all website recommend avoiding running for 3 weeks to let it heal, but I have a big race in 4 weeks that I still want to train for, so I'm a little torn...I think I'll stick to the elliptical and ice the leg for the next few days, then see how it's feeling.

And on a non-health topic...was driving to work today on a major road where they're doing some construction...apparently someone was being careless, because they left a huge bolt and washer in the middle of the road, which I managed to run over and get imbedded in my tire. So I had to take a half day at work to get that fixed, and now I'm poor, lol...

Otherwise, things are going well....at my WW meeting yesterday I got my keychain for having lost 10% of my starting weight, and also a charm for losing 25 lbs! So that was certainly a fun meeting :)

So ladies, what's everyone got planned for Memorial Day Weekend?!

BeTrueToYou
05-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Congrats on 10% and 25lbs! Thats a huge accomplishment. My plans are to drive from Phoenix to New York...with all of the animals. Nothing aside from that, though I don't see how anyone could fit in anything else LOL. I have been doing well, though yesterday I went to Yogurtland and got their no sugar added flavor (about 1/2 a cup) and covered it in berries. Weight was down today, so I don't think it really changed anything. I just have to keep in mind that as a RARE treat it is okay, but not as an everyday thing. Especially this early in the program.

TIARA
05-27-2011, 02:56 AM
ash.. congrats on losing 10 percent thats awesome. My aunt is on ww and she loves it. What does your charm look like?
Ive been in your shoes with the care tire trouble. Last month i was ever so luck to find an allen wrench in my tire. Oh girl that big thing jamed its way in my tire . Im so lucky they were able to just pluge the whole instead of having to replace the tire which i just bought brand new a few months earlier.
hope you leg feels better. I just got my TOM today and its killing me. It explains the .6 weight gain and crazy lower back ache. So for today im excusing myself from exercise.

Racheal.. Treat yourself . Your right you dont do it everyday so its a nice change once in a while. I had a sb bar today its 110 calories and phase 2 but i stayed within my calories and it was still on plan day for me. GIrl i dont know how you plan to do the drive. It just sounds so far. Well seing as it only takes 2 hours to drive around my whole island. But ill be thinking of you. Will be hopeing you have no problems and clear skies along the way. You have to take a pic of your place when you get it settled.

I could have sworn i posted yesterday but i dont see it on here. maybe i did it in my dreams. Ive been having a hard time sleeping at night. dont know why??? I got my tat touched up and i m loving it all over again. My plans for monday is to spend it with family. I work a bit in the morning but after that ill be celebrating my brothers birthday. He will be turning sweet 16. lol Can you really say that for a boy? anyways he will be away on the actual day of his bday due to him starting a summer job so were celebrating it early. Every year he turns older i feel older , he's only 15 and yet hes way taller than me... im the shortest in my family at 5 5.. sad face.. But he's still my little brother..

TIARA
05-28-2011, 04:57 AM
Hey girls.. well on my walk today i came up with a plan. I want to walk 100 miles... not all at once mind you but collectively. im giveing myself the summer to accomplish this goal im starting today and have 98 miles left to go. I figure this will help motivate me to get more active... im excited. oh the things you come up with while walking... lol

hope you all are having a productive weekend... or did you get paid like i did today and did you all go shopping.. lol well hope to see you all soon.. chat with ya later..

ILRPinkGirl
05-28-2011, 08:36 AM
Hey ladies, just checking-in briefly. Had some bad food last night, but ready to bounce back today! My Saturday should be pretty mellow, but tomorrow I'm headed down to NYC to meet up with friends I haven't seen since 8th grade (so like a decade!), so that's going to be bizarre. And on Monday I have a friend coming out from Minnesota to stay with me for the week...super-excited to see him, but he LOVES eating out...this will be a difficult week for me.

Have a good weekend everyone!

TIARA
05-30-2011, 03:23 AM
hope you have fun with your friends ash..
Took a break from walking tonight. Have big plans 2mo but i have to work half day,, chat with ya all 2mo..

TIARA
06-02-2011, 02:56 AM
Hello ladies... miss you all hope all is okay...

TIARA
06-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Where is everyone?..... well i walked 4 miles today. My friend is joining me so i dont feel too alone on my walks. My legs are hurting but its a good hurt i hope to do 2 more miles 2mo. ill let ya know how that goes hope to see ya soon...

ILRPinkGirl
06-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Hey Tiara, sorry I've been MIA - had a friend staying with me this week, so was very busy. Also, though I adore my friend, he eats terribly, so my diet has not been good this week (up to 227 from 224 this time last week). But he left just a few minutes ago, so now I'm ready to get back on track (may go Phase 1 for a few days to settle down). Otherwise, doing well!

Tiara, congrats on the 4 miles, hope everything else is going well!

TIARA
06-04-2011, 03:33 AM
Ash... :high::high:Im so happy im not talking to myself anymore... it got a bit quiet for awhile but im glad your back...:dancer:..you'll lose those 5 pounds no problem. I know when i go out with my friends who are not watching what they are eating i tend to cheat a bit. Thats why i restrick myself from going out to dinner with them because they are no help to me when im trying to be good.. lol
Well it rained cats and dogs, also my legs were killing me today after doing the 4 miles yesterday. I think i may have over did it..lol But ive been on my feet all day too so that couldnt have helped it..
Im getting fairly close to 232. Im excited to start to see my ticker move again..
Take care and i hope more of you ladies come back..

ILRPinkGirl
06-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Haha, I'm glad I can save you from having conversations with yourself Tiara, lol. Sorry your legs are hurting, but great job keeping up with the exercise! And I love being able to move my tracker, congrats on getting close to that 232!

Everyone else, hope to see you back!

So my scale says 224 today, so maybe I was just retaining water from salty foods or something (because I never made super-poor food choices, just not as good as what I'd been doing the six weeks prior). So hopefully the number sticks and I'm back to moving down! My birthday is in about 3 weeks, and I'd LOVE to be under 220 by then, so hopefully can crack down in the next couple of weeks! Busy day today between working out, running errands, checking out a new farmers market in my town, and watching Dexter (one of my favorite shows) with a friend. Hope everyone has a good day!

TIARA
06-05-2011, 05:19 AM
How was the farmers market Ash? Im glad your scale came back down.

My feet are killing me so much so i gave myself the day off of exercising. I think its due to the newnest of the shoes i havent broken it in yet and my feet are paying for it. Im rubbing icy hot on it and my legs when im done.

Im happy to say i resisted the big pizza party at work today we had 10 different types of pizza all homemade. A total of 30 personal size pizzas was made and i didnt even take one bite. Its getting easier to say no also a friend of mine is being good too so we keep each other in check.

Hope to see more of you here 2mo... if not have a safe and fun weekend...

ILRPinkGirl
06-05-2011, 08:04 AM
Wow, way to resist those pizzas Tiara! And I hope your feet are feeling better soon!

My weight is bouncing around still, but I attribute a lot of it to the Farmers Market (which was really fun and got some great fruits and veggies, but EVERYONE was offering free samples of their stuff) and a BBQ I went to yesterday evening. But today is supposed to be quiet, so I'm ready to get a good workout in, and cook one or two dishes to give me healthy food for lunches during the week.

Have a good one everyone!

TIARA
06-06-2011, 04:04 AM
Ash.. good job planning ahead.. My legs are finally better; im going to start my walking again on monday , ive learned my lesson and wont over do it.

Well im off to bed i need to catch up on my sleep i work at 6:30 2mo... sad face lol chat with ya soon...

Ladies where are you???

TIARA
06-08-2011, 04:34 AM
Im so happy im finally back at 232 im ready to see this ticker move... im off to a great summer...

ILRPinkGirl
06-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Congrats Tiara, glad things are going well!

TIARA
06-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Thanks Ash...

Today i made a bunch of meals to freeze for the week. I also got my fathers day gift, im glad i got it all done today and i also was able to sneek in a gift for myself since the colone i got him was buy one get 1 half off.
Hope you all are doing well on making healthy choices even if your not i'd still love to hear from you all...

ILRPinkGirl
06-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Hey Tiara, nice job with the frozen meals! Hope everything is going well (and hope everyone else is doing alright)!

As for me, down to 222, so excited to be nearing the two-teens and the thirty pound mark. However this weekend will be tough because a few friends and I are headed to Atlantic City (I've never been before), and I'm imagining there will be a lot of drinking and bad foods involved...so hoping to still be 222 on Monday!

TIARA
06-11-2011, 03:39 AM
Ash... Wow Atlantic City sounds like a blast hope you have fun...

Well tonight i was a big girl and went walking all by myself..lol im just happy to have awesome music on my ipod to keep me company on the 4 miles. Im 87 miles away from my goal of 100 miles for the summer.