Weight Loss Support - Onederland Anxiety/Obsession?

View Full Version : Onederland Anxiety/Obsession?

luvnmycstie
04-18-2011, 06:35 PM
For those of you who have slipped into onederland did you get any anxiety or obsession when you were really close to making it? Usually I weigh once a week on Saturday and that is that because I know my weight fluctuates wildly throughout the course of the day and week. However, now that I am so close I am obsessing over the scale and get major anxiety over the numbers I am seeing. I guess I want to see 199 so bad and when I don't (which I know my body patterns and know I will not) I feel awful. I know it is stupid and I know I should just give it a rest until my normal weigh in day, but it is driving me nuts!

juliana77
04-18-2011, 09:55 PM
I am nowhere near onederland yet but I get like that over any old number... I can't imagine how I will be at the milestones! I challenged myself this past week to wait a full week between weigh-ins and it was HARD - then I only lost 0.8 because of that darn TOM. Anyway - put the scale away somewhere that it's hard to get to and drink a big glass of water when you first wake up so you aren't tempted :) Good luck & CONGRATS on almost-onederland!!

4star
04-19-2011, 08:23 AM
I feel ya. It always seems like it takes a long time when you're waiting on a milestone. :kickcan:

fattymcfatty
04-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I was a complete NUTCASE. Especially it took months to go from 203-198. Ugghhh. But I made it. Hallelujah.

berryblondeboys
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
I know I'll be a nutcase. I even get a bit worked up at 10 lbs. milestones. And, because I will be a nutcase, I'll probably end up making it HARDER on myself on reaching it with lack of sleep issues!