S/C/G: 216/213/130

Height: 5'5

Default BFC Day 1 - Splitting headache!

Is it just withdrawals?? ugh its killing me
GoBanana76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I had a bad (for me) headache on my second day off sugar, but it only lasted one day. From what I understand, yes, that is withdrawal, and it may last several days to two weeks - but hopefully not that long! Maybe it depends on how much sugar you were eating before - I was at about 60 g/day.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #3  
Carb and Sugar Watcher

omg i used to eat ALOT of sugar i couldnt even tell you...omg i hope this goes away - its deterring me lol
Old 04-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #4  

Well, think of it as detoxing from a drug! You don't want to give up partway through because the result on the other side is so much better than where you were - and you may very well have to detox again if you go back to the drug! So just do it once and be done with it.
Old 04-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #5  
Carb and Sugar Watcher

i am doing quite well....now that the workday is almost done LOL im just going to take it day by day - you have had so much success with this - would you mind sharing some of the foods/recipes you eat on this plan? i feel like im eating nothing but eggs and cheese - i need to mix it up a bit - im starving. were you starving when you started?
Old 04-18-2011, 04:21 PM   #6  

I try to focus during my day on getting in my high-fiber foods. Around that, I also eat meat, cheese, vegetables, and fruit depending on hunger and taste. I have several staple high-fiber small meals and I usually eat one per day:

split pea soup with ham
spinach salad - 1.5 cups spinach, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/4 cup tomato, 2 eggs, low-sugar dressing
beef and vegetable chili with lots of beans

I also eat a low-carb tortilla nearly every day, usually with cheese and some kind of meat. I buy the La Tortilla Factory Smart and Healthy burrito-sized tortillas - they have 18 grams of carbs, 12 of which are fiber. There is 1 g of carbs in the cheddar I buy so a "quesadilla" of a tortilla, cheese, and either chicken or turkey bacon or something is almost always just one carb serving.

I also get smaller amounts of fiber from berries, spinach (sauteed with olive oil), walnuts, avocado, oatmeal (I eat it with peanut butter), and other vegetables.

When I started on the BFC I screwed up a lot on my serving sizes and such and ate too many grams of carbs or sugar in a meal, that kind of thing, but I got better with time and as I settled into food routines and altered my recipes. When I try a new recipe I always calculate its nutritional content out in advance and plan tweaks to make to get the sugar or total carbs lower, like by reducing or removing sugary foods like carrots and tomatoes or adding higher-fiber foods like beans or mushrooms.

I did not feel hungry when I first switched to the BFC - quite the opposite. I had been eating about 1200 calories/day when I was only counting and switching to eating more fiber, fewer carbs, and more protein left me very full so my total calories dropped for a couple weeks to about 1000-1100 cals/day until I forced them up to about 1300-1400 cals/day.

Are you sure you're eating enough total calories? Fat, protein, and fiber should make you feel rather full. Getting your carbs from vegetable sources should also help, if you're still eating a lot of grains. I think nuts are one of the greatest additions I made to my diet. Walnuts are all fiber, fat, and protein so that's my go-to snack if I need to feel full for a couple hours until another meal. Also, I eat 5-7 small meals/snacks per day which has certainly helped with not feeling hungry hardly ever.

Last edited by ERHR; 04-18-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #7  
Carb and Sugar Watcher

Well yesterday I had puffed wheat with almond milk, a string cheese and a hard boiled egg, for lunch i had egg salad on high fiber wheat bread, red pepper and ranch dip and a babybel cheese, for snack i hate another had boiled egg, a few slices of turkey and a string cheese. For dinner, I made ground turkey with taco seasoning,2 mission carb balance tortillas filled with the meat,some tomato,lettuce and cheese...then at night i had a few strawberries with a tbsp of cool whip and a swirl of hershey sugar free syrup (aspartame free!) i stayed on the straigh and narrow all day with my servings of S/C but i found myself hungry...i think maybe its in my head because i know im changing things...so many things have carbs its hard for me to think of snacks to fill me. Like today for breakfast i have 2 slices of toast with cream cheese and a hardboiled egg...i think im just paying to much attention to it. i guess thats what happens when you sit at a desk all day...lol