100 lb. Club - What shape are you?!?

View Full Version : What shape are you?!?

pochamma10
04-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Hello Chicks! A little way into my getting healthy journey, I am just starting to notice that there are different body types - banana, apple, hourglass, pear, etc. and some people with long torsos and short legs, and vice versa, etc.

This may sound like a great big DUH! but I have been heavy (and tall!) for a while now and all of my friends and family are skinny so I am so used to looking around and just feeling like everyone is waaaaaaaaaay smaller than me. I didn't realize that they were smaller than me and also having different body types!!

Has anyone else had a similiar revelation? What shape are you?

BTW, I discovered that I am an hourglass/apple, with long legs and a short torso. I carry most of my weight in my stomach but have almost exactly equal bust and hip measurements with a 10' smaller waist. It also explains why I have almost the same inseam as my 6'4" husband!!!

runningfromfat
04-18-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm somewhere between a banana and an hourglass, although lately I'm moving more towards a pear (my bust size has dropped significantly). :dizzy:

At my skinniest I was an hourglass but I'm not sure if that's going to happen anymore after 2 pregnancies. For the most part my weight is all packed between my butt and chest. My legs and arms aren't too bad (but I still have some good saddlebags at the moment).

On way hand it's to have my weight rather evenly distributed because I think I can get into smaller clothes sizes in general. However, it's also annoying because I don't really have one body part to try and accentuate when I'm buying clothes.

cajun moma
04-18-2011, 11:12 AM
I'd say I'm a hour glass/pear. Not that my stomach is small, my chest is just really large. My bust always was large, even when I was slim looog ago. When I first started gaining it was mostly in my lower body, but eventually filled in everywhere else as I kept gaining. :(

Riesz
04-18-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm pear or spoon shape. My hips are very large (my waist to hip ratio is .68 and my waist isn't very tiny haha) and I have long legs.

geoblewis
04-18-2011, 12:09 PM
A big bag of marbles on long legs.

supergir111
04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Hourglass last time I checked also with long legs and short torso. I much prefer the look of a long torso and/or pear shape with narrow shoulders and managable bust

Jonesie
04-18-2011, 12:13 PM
No clue. Short torso, short legs... I think Im sweet potato shaped! :lol:

Arctic Mama
04-18-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm an hourglass, edging in on an inverted triangle. I carry my excess weight through my torso and have broad shoulders and a big bust, my limbs stay comparatively slender. As I lose weight, my waist and belly do the most thinning out and I lose back fat, too.

FitGirlyGirl
04-18-2011, 01:35 PM
I was an apple. I have turned into a rectangle and there are now hints of me becoming an hourglass. We shall see.

Laura G
04-18-2011, 01:41 PM
I am round. But I guess technically I'm a pear shaped apple - smaller bust, but most of my weight is in my tummy.

MEH1969
04-18-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm probably a pear. I don't have a really large waist compared to my rear end and hips, but I also don't have a really huge bust line.

JamiSue3916
04-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm an apple with legs. Most of my weight is in my gut and bust. Maybe an inverted pear?? It's all sounds so yummy when you talk about this way!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wdxHnLb/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wdxHnLb/)

“Do you choose to simply know the path, or do you choose to walk it? “

1st Mini: 5%, 277.8 (-14.6): Met 4/15/11
2nd Mini: 10%, 263.8 (-28.5)
3rd Mini: 20%, 233.9 (-58.5)
4th Mini: ONEderland, 199.9 (-92.5)
5th Mini: 100 lbs, 192.4 (-100)
Final: Goal, 175 (-117.4)

One :twirly: for every 5 lbs lost. So long suckers!!!
:twirly: :twirly: :twirly:

parkedout
04-18-2011, 03:08 PM
I am definitely an apple... but my sense of humor wanted to answer "beach ball". :D

ilidawn
04-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I feel like I'm rectangular beanbag shaped lol I have no idea what shape I am because all I see is a big blob. For some reason no matter how many charts I look at I can't figure me out.

Elladorine
04-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm definitely an apple; most of my weight is toward the center of my body; upper legs, upper arms, and definitely my tummy. I'm just dying to have a waist that curves in instead of out. :lol:

kateleestar
04-18-2011, 04:04 PM
I think I'm an apple. I have a very long torso, though. I carry my weight in my tummy.. and a little in my upper arms and upper legs. My wrists and ankles are STICKS, lol. I have very little fat on my hands and none on my feet. I'm mostly torso, lol. Hmm.

So... apple/triangle?

CaliforniaDreamer
04-18-2011, 04:08 PM
I am definately an hourglass. whenever I lose weight the first place I lose is my stomach then my arms, my legs are always the last to go. I have broad shoulders and wide hips.

Elladorine
04-18-2011, 05:48 PM
I think I'm an apple. I have a very long torso, though. I carry my weight in my tummy.. and a little in my upper arms and upper legs. My wrists and ankles are STICKS, lol. I have very little fat on my hands and none on my feet. I'm mostly torso, lol. Hmm.

So... apple/triangle?
My ankles are sticks too! :lol: I hear about people losing shoe sizes as they lose weight but that won't happen with me at all, my feet are already super skinny! The rest of my body needs to catch up with them. :D

MadameZombie
04-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Hourglass which I thought would be great but all the weight is distributed evenly so even though I've lost fat, I feel like I look the same 18 pounds ago. I told my husband I wished that I could lose it off each limb so I could see progress, how odd would I look! I think my torso looks short but I'm kind of short in general so I'm not sure. I have VERY large hands and feet and a large frame.

piper10
04-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Pear, long torso, short legs = FAT LEGS!! oh well.

Les
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Ahhmm.. Fruit Salad is an option?

Wide shoulders and chest 40" around and cup B or C. Hour glass in the middle.
Big flap hanging up front. Looks like I was stashing away something illegally at the super market, like loose loose beans or something.

Would that make me Hourglass/Pear?

Goddess Jessica
04-18-2011, 07:58 PM
I loved this article out of Britain about women self-reporting body shape and how wrong we usually are:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8335282/Modern-women-not-as-shapely-as-they-like-to-think.html

Arctic Mama
04-18-2011, 08:33 PM
Calculating the ratio is easy enough, I'm amazed so few knew their shape!

j0lamo01
04-18-2011, 09:49 PM
I am an apple I have small legs, thighs and hips and a big stomach and average chest size. I am short too

Joszac
04-18-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm an apple with 2 toothpicks stuck in the bottom:) Very hard to find clothes that fit the waist and legs.

Nola Celeste
04-19-2011, 12:21 AM
I've always called myself an hourglass. I don't know what I am according to GoddessJessica's link, but I have an 0.74 waist-to-hip ratio which is close to my bust-to-waist ratio (46-35-47). Maybe that makes me a pear since my bust is smaller than my hip measurement? I dunno. If they're saying only those with a 0.7 waist-to-hip ratio qualify, then I'm not quite there.

...but damn it, it's close enough for me. Hourglass it is! :D