100 lb. Club - Anyone up for a big summer push???

Jasmine31
04-17-2011, 11:29 AM
So this is my second time around. But this time I am going to keep the weight off! :carrot:

Anyhow, just kind of thinking out loud and reflecting on the past few months.

Its been up and down these past few months, working hard towards getting back in the swing of things. I really wanted to lose 9 or 10 pounds a month, but I knew it would be hard cracking the code to get the over eating to stop.
I am usually way more disciplined when it comes to walking then eating. :o

I did tell myself to shoot for 10 lbs a month, and if I hit only 5 lbs a month. Then thats better then nothing! Imagine that. If I shoot for 10 a month and fail every month at 5 lbs, if you x that by 12 months, that is still 60 pounds lighter! :carrot: I would still win! :D

January: I did walk 5 days in January but was just getting my feet wet again. Officially weighing myself and trying to be more on plan its been about 67 days. I started weighing again Feb 7th.

February: 19 days of walking in Feb, about 60 - 70 minutes each time. 17 days I watched my food, or attempted fitday at least. (Sometimes I will start the day and then quit writing stuff down. So I THINK I was on plan 17 days, could of been a little less.)

March: 25 days of walking in March, about 70 - 80 minutes each time. 22 days I watched my food, or attempted fitday at least. (Sometimes I will start the day and then quit writing stuff down. So I THINK my food was on plan 22 days, could of been less.)

April: 14 out of 17 days so far of walking in March, about 80 -90 minutes each time. 10 out of 17 so far, days I watched my food. (The first part of the month got off to a rocky start especially with the food. Today and the 6 days preceeding this have been perfect. Then a few days toward the beginning.)

SO I combed thru my fitday about a week ago, I noticed the previous 4 weeks were about 6 or 7 NO walking days. That doesnt work for me. And 12 bad food days! Thats almost half the month! No wonder I only lost 5.5 pounds during those 4 weeks!

I am really proud of my walking. I am up to 90 minutes most days! A few days are 60. A few days fall at 80. I know that is going pretty great regardless but I want to make it a goal to not miss any days. I know things have come up that were out of my control where I had to miss. But still.

So what I am trying to do now is go for my walks early in the day. That way no matter what happens later, the walk is done!

What I am kind of disappointed with myself is the food. I have told myself I can have one, ONE, bad day a week. But somehow that 4 bad days a month turned into 12! That combined with missing about 7 walking days meant I only lost 5.5 pounds, even though I worked so hard the rest of the time!

This is just unacceptable! I am down 13.5 lbs on the scale since I started. I have built alot of muscle again on my legs and I am watching the inches go down. There were a few pairs of new jeans I had got that were too small to wear when I started, and I can wear them now and my old ones are feeling too loose to be comfy any more. :carrot:

But summer is coming real quick! I don't want to just be down another 10 pounds by mid June! I want to be down an additional 20! There is alot of fun stuff I want to do this summer with my hubby and kids, and seeing friends and family and I refuse to be dragging come june. I know I can do this. I just have to get more focused.

So I have rededicated myself.

I have decided every day has to be a walking day, minimum of 80 minutes, and I can only have ONE bad food day a week!!!

So who would like to join me? Who else is dedicated and focused to lose some serious pounds in the next 2 months? Anyone and everyone is welcome! :D:D:D

authentic
04-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I am in! I used to live in nyc and was a very active walker, but now I live in the midwest and don't walk nearly as much.

I can't walk for 80 minutes every day, but I can handle 30 mins walking plus some stretching/yoga at a different time in the day. (total 45-60 mins a day of something, with one or two days off a week)

I hope to lose 10 pounds a month or so. I am following a combination of modified South Beach and Weight Watchers online.

Jasmine31
04-17-2011, 12:35 PM
Hello Authentic. Nice to have you join me! Your exercise plan sounds great!

What state are you in? I am in Mt now but am originally from Cali. I know that is why it has been so hard getting back on track these past 2 years too.

I am used to almost year round sunshine.

If it was warm on my walk I would still go and would just go earlier the next day.

I got out here and tryed to fight the good fight but it got SO cold!

I can deal when its 30 degrees out but when it got colder.....uugghhh lol

So i told myself this is the year I lose it all again.

And when it gets real cold again I will figure out a plan then.

But for now I am going to lose!

So your originally from New York? Cool. Yeah lost of oppurtunitys for walking there. I remember watching something about Liv Tylers sister, Mia, years ago She said she used to live in NYC, but when she moved to the suburbs she gained 50 lbs!

I tell hubby we need to move to New york cause I love clothes! LOL

Your food plan sounds good!

authentic
04-17-2011, 12:54 PM
I live in Michigan now and I am walking MUCH less than I did when I lived in nyc. I live in a university town though, so there are ample opportunities for me to walk here. It is still really cold here though. Today its in the 30's!

I am hoping by the time it gets cold again, I will be in a regular fitness routine and will be fit and small enough to take zumba classes at the ymca here. I love to dance so I am looking forward to being fit enough to do that. That is a mini goal for me.

I love clothes too, and can't wait until I can get into regular sizes again. That is another one of my mini goals.

BluChik
04-17-2011, 03:29 PM
I'm game... Having people on a fast track for weight loss is the support I need. My motive may not be to have that hot summer body but I still want/need the weight off NOW!!!
Exercise is a challenge for me right now even just walking, but I just bought a house with a community pool and starting today I plan on taking full advantage of that. My daily exercise will be done in water for now. (I'm sure my kids will love that) My food plan is being worked on.

I look forward to be here and cheerleading for you all.

Jasmine31
04-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Authentic:
Are you by the Great Lakes? Hubby says they are really neat! Yes I hate when its cold! Zumba classes sound like a great idea.

I want to start doing my pilates at home again soon or something.

Yes clothes, I just hate buying stuff when I am big! I cant wait to lose again and be able to fit into cute clothes again!

BluChik: So glad to have you join us! Yes same here, it won't happen overnight but if we can lose 20 lbs by mid June it will be alot better then where we are now!

Swimming sounds great!

Okay gals i walked for my 90 minutes today. It was windy so that was a bear. I have really been building up more muscle in my legs recently and my left calf was burning!

Great news is I went to scratch it last night and noticed how much leaner it is! Hooray!

authentic
04-17-2011, 05:17 PM
I am not really that close to the lakes, about a 5-6 hour drive or so. (I am at the bottom of the state, and the lakes are at the top of the state).

I did my yoga and weight training today. I don't do cardio and weight training on the same day, so cardio is tomorrow. I do yoga every day for 30-40 mins or so. I do 45-60 mins of weight training 2-3 times a week.

I am looking forward to being more limber so I can really get into the yoga positions the way they are meant to be done. I am doing all modified stuff now until I am a bit more fit.

Lizz
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Hello Ladies,

Another re-starter happy to join in. :)

I am just getting back in the swing myself. I started with fitday food monitoring and a 1500 kcal diet and healthy foods in early Dec and some irregular exercise and lost roughly 20 pounds by end of Jan. Feb and March I was mostly off plan though tried to eat healthy and managed to maintain most of my loss apart from the last 4 pounds or so. Now with April I am trying to get back on plan again but I would like to do this without obsessing about calories and make exercising a more regular habit so I would be happy to join in on a 2-3 months goal for June. Since I will be completing school at the end of June, my goal would be to continue losing weight in the stressful weeks that are ahead until graduation and it would be great to be part of a smaller group where mutual support and some degree of accountability would be present. :hug:

So, lets get fit for summer time! :carrot:

lottie63
04-17-2011, 09:00 PM
I'm in! I've been doing well with exercise since feb, but last week I had migraines all week and went to bed really early and only exercised twice.

boooo!

I'm finally starting to feel better, I want to bike 6 days this coming week and I want to do a tiny bit of weights, once I'm done with pt after this coming week I'll start alternating strength training days with cardio, I just can't be sore while getting myofascial release done, I'd just cry. haha.

Dumplin
04-18-2011, 05:36 AM
Hello everyone ! I would like to join also. I want to be 199 so bad I can taste it. Getting ready to go to the gym today. I need to work on my calories intake more. I know what to do, I just need to keep focus !!!!

Jasmine31
04-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Glad to see all 3 new ladies here!!

Hi Lizz!

That sounds like a great plan. Yeah I get tired of counting cals and try to just eat sensibly and it dont work for me. lol

Hi lottie63

I have seen you around before. Great job on losing so much! WTG! sounds like a good plan!

Are you counting cals? How many are you doing?

I remember last time I got down to about 220 I started biking 1 or 2 days a week with the family(in Cali) it was fun.

Right now I can't do it! arrgghhh...

I'd like to start doing some strength training soon. Just not sure how to go about it.

Hi Dumplin

You look like you are close to it! Keep it up! How many cals are you doing? What do you do at the gym?

Jasmine31
04-18-2011, 10:47 AM
I am so jazzed this am ladies!!

Last week is a wrap! 4-11 thru 4-17. I ate all days at an average of 1700 cals or less! and 80-90 minutes each day of walking! Yeah! I feel great and am feeling a big difference in my body.

I am usually not a fan of weighing every day. Cause it drives me insane when I retain water and show a gain or no loss, etc. But I am trying to keep in mind the big picture of steady losses over time. I noticed that these past few months I only weighed once every 2 weeks and then would weigh and would do it every day.

I would lose focus on food more often when I did weigh almost every day. So this past week I have been weighing in alot more. Maybe it helped?

Weights for last week:

4-13-11: 259.90
4-14-11: 257.30
4-15-11: 255.70
4-16-11: 256.80
4-17-11: 255.20

Thats showing a loss of 4.7 lbs but I think some was water retention. Cause look at 4-13 to 4-14. Anyhow that shows a for sure loss of at least 2 lbs. I didnt weigh in at the beginning of 4-11-11 so I probably did lose 3 pounds last week.

Yeah!

I think the scale said 256 this am. I really dont believe it so wasnt in a hurry to write it down! LOL

So i think I will start the week saying:

4-18-11: 256

Jasmine31
04-18-2011, 10:50 AM
Something else that stopped me from being able to do this again sooner was my energy level. I use to get zipfizz from costco in Cali but the formula is changed out here. This one was making my heart beat erratic!

Hubby who is 5'11 and 150 lbs said the same thing!

So i stopped taking it and voila! NO energy!

But I now found Spring valley Super B complex. It is awesome!

Its really helping me to be able to walk and have energy for that.

Jasmine31
04-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Anyhow I had planned to have one care free no food tracking day last week but since I had already had so many bad days i didnt. I DID eat taco bell yesterday, but I stayed within my calories. I wish all food places had nutrition counts online.

Yesterday I finished at 1600 cals.

rachel2writer
04-18-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm in! I like the goal of 10 pounds in a month, but accepting less as still a loss. I lost 7 pounds over the first 4 weeks on plan, so I hope to keep that moving.
I'm also working on my splurging/bad days. One per week is OK, but it started to creep up. I only showed a pound loss this week, where it was 3 last week. I need to tighten the reigns!
I'm primarily a stationary biker so far. Being very out of shape and having alot of aches and pains, I started slowly with 20 minutes 3 days a week. I'm up to 25 minutes 4 days a week, and met my exercise goals the past 3 weeks in a row!

authentic
04-18-2011, 11:00 AM
I can't weigh myself every day or I get obsessive about it but I wish I could because its hard to wait for feedback.

I retain water so much that even once a week weigh ins are affected by water retention sometimes for me.

There is a great site that has all the weight watchers info for every restaurant on the planet. Its called Dotti's weight loss zone and even if you are not doing weight watchers, you can get the general nutrition info breaking down a general formula that a point used to equal about 50 calories. Make sure you use the OLD points numbers (the ones in the red, the second set of numbers) if you are going to use the info. Weight Watchers changed their formula and a point doesnt always equal 50 calories anymore, but she has all the old points values on the site so you can figure out calories by using the old points values.

Jasmine31
04-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi rachel2writer:

Its nice to have you join us!

You sound like your off to a great start! Yes dont take on too much too soon. The important thing is to make it consistent. Make it a habit. You can increase later from there.

A few years ago i lost 90 pounds cal counting and walking. Thats why when I get back on plan, I get myself ready with some 60 minute walks here and there. I start building muscle back and get used to making it a habit again.

Then I get right back to the 80 -90 most days cause i know I can do it and its what I need to do to stay focused.

Yes them bad days can really creep up!!

WTG on hitting your exercise goals!

authentic:

Weighing: Yep you gotta do what works for you. A few years ago I got so stressed out once I broke my scale! LOL

Retaining water, I know, my left calf is really burning lately and I just know i am retaining. I have been reading online and they say when the muscle heals it usually releases. So i am probably still retaining from that.

Then if you hit the salty or fast foods too.
Hopefully tomorrow will be a great weigh in day for me!
Thanks for the info. Ill have to check it out!

AbbySinthe
04-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Ugh, can I join?

I had a baby 01/05 and am just about back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. HOWEVER, my pre-preggo weight is about 50 lbs from where I want to be. :o

Today is my first day back to calorie counting on fitday and my elliptical is set up in our tv room. The only obstacle is my lack of sleep. My son still isn't sleeping through the night so I'm only getting about 4-5 hours every night and just started working full time again 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping if I can at least get my diet straightened out, I can add in the exercise eventually. As a new mom, working full time, and dieting/exercising on little sleep is a little overwhelming.
But I'm just hoping to take it a day at a time.

I'd like to lose 10 lbs by 05/31 but I'll be happy for any loss at this point. Best of luck, ladies! And thanks for the support :hug:

MrsClaus
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Can I join? Maybe if I have friends to be accountable to I'll be able to keep on track.

I was down 80 pounds 18 months ago and then gained it all back plus 7 more pounds over last year. I have managed to lose 22 pounds since Christmas, but I've lost motivation.

My goals for the rest of the week (4/19 to 4/22) are to track and follow my foodplan with Sparkpeople, exercise a little every day and do something each day to help relieve my stress.

authentic
04-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Welcome AbbySinthe and MrsClaus! I am just posting my daily exercise to the thread. I managed to get 30 mins of cardio in today even though I kept trying to make excuses not to do it. It's funny, when I am stressed I try to avoid exercising, but the exercise always makes me feel better.

I now need to get through the rest of the night and not do any snacking. I am an evening eater, so wish me luck ladies.

Jasmine31
04-19-2011, 10:10 AM
AbbySinthe + MrsClaus

Of course you can join us! Everyone is welcome whether you have 20 to lose or 200. Its nice to have you gals!

AbbySinthe

Yeah its hard getting enough rest when you have a baby around. Working on the food sounds good. I remember when my babies were small. I have 5 kids and it always seemed like 2 were babies at a time. pushing a double stroller was torture!

Anyhow, maybe take the baby for a walk?

MrsClaus

I hear ya on the 80 lbs. We are in the same boat. I lost from 280 down to 190. I was that weight about august of 2008. But my ex passed and it was already stressful enough fighting him in court for years. (His choice not mine) and dealing with the back to back death of my 2 parents, then him.

It was bitter sweet, but he was only 35! It really freaked me out!
Anyways, wound up needing to go on an anti anxiety med for about 6 months and I started gaining like crazy!

I am mad at myself. But I just need to do it again. This time I want to get down to 145. I was 165 in high school. We'll see.

Authentic:

How did ya do?
Okay gals well I FINALLY got my taxes done! I own my own online business so this year was a real bear!
I kept my walking up all last week though. I swear I put about 24 hours solid into taxes! Arrgghh.

TOM is here, so i think I will skip weigh ins for a few days!
Walking was fine. I didnt have any healthy food in the house to cook for dinner though.

So we went to albertsons and got fried chicken.
I had a coffee and a kefir for breakfast = 315
and a tuna sandwich for lunch = 200
I had about 5 potato wedge fries, and 2 chicken thighs, and one small hawaiin roll.

Does anyone know how much 1 piece of fried thigh is?

I tryed to look online for albertsons but it only said breast or leg.
I dont think I went over 1700.

authentic
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Well I barely got through last night without snacking. (I ate an extra cheese stick, but was still fine on WW points for the day because I had activity points I could use and the cheese stick did not use all of them).

I need some strategies to get through my evenings better. How do you all keep yourself from snacking too much at night?

mushy201
04-19-2011, 10:36 AM
I would also like to join your group if that is ok. I am going to be starting weight watchers on my own at home and doing some form of exercise at home, either the elliptical or one of my leslie sansone dvds. I would like to lose 8lbs a month.

Take care!
Mushy201

Jasmine31
04-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Well I barely got through last night without snacking. (I ate an extra cheese stick, but was still fine on WW points for the day because I had activity points I could use and the cheese stick did not use all of them).

I need some strategies to get through my evenings better. How do you all keep yourself from snacking too much at night?

Just keep doing your best.

I am a night time snacker too. So I plan for it.

The big trick for me is finding snacky stuff that isn't too salty, or that doesn't make me crave insane amounts of food!

I LOVE potato chips. But I could eat the whole dang bag! LOL

And I am taking a BIG bag.

Okay, so maybe not all in one setting. but in 2 settings. lol

I LOVE popcorn. But I like ...you guessed it! I like to eat the WHOLE bAG! haha

I was halfin it. But I really am beginning to doubt the cals it says. The one I adore is pop secret real butter.

It says 35 cals per cup, but regular no butter pop corn is the same.

And very salty...so for now I am taking a break of it.

My snack of choice right now is gold fish.

Measure out 1/2 a cup = 150 cals, or if I have enough 1 cup = 300 cals.

Something I know helps me curb the insane food urges is to have a smoothie every day.

Some days i run out of fruit. But ya know.

1 apple, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1/2 cup blue berries, 2 cups spinach. I usually have that for break fast and then 1 cup of kefir: think yogurt drink.

Some time later. I drink 1 big cup of coffee too.

Lunch is usually tuna, light mayo, with oroweat thin sandwich bread(100 cals for 2 slices)

Jasmine31
04-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I would also like to join your group if that is ok. I am going to be starting weight watchers on my own at home and doing some form of exercise at home, either the elliptical or one of my leslie sansone dvds. I would like to lose 8lbs a month.

Take care!
Mushy201

Hi Mushy! Of course you can join us! you can do it! Just jump in! :carrot:

MrsClaus
04-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Yesterday was pretty good. Ate within my calories and was able to get a little exercise in.

I had hoped to take a bubble bath last night, but horrible storms came through our area yesterday evening. Luckily it was not as bad as it was in some areas.

Evening snacking is tough for me as well. In the past, I have just planned out snacks to have in the evening.

Jasmine31
04-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Yesterday was pretty good. Ate within my calories and was able to get a little exercise in.

I had hoped to take a bubble bath last night, but horrible storms came through our area yesterday evening. Luckily it was not as bad as it was in some areas.

Evening snacking is tough for me as well. In the past, I have just planned out snacks to have in the evening.

That is great! Your off to a good start! Well today is day 10 of being completely on plan. Yeah!

Think I'll do a weigh in tomorrow!

How is everyone else doing?

CaliforniaDreamer
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi ladies! Is it too late for me to join?

Rainbowgirl
04-20-2011, 10:59 PM
Me too me too! Is it too late to join?

Jasmine31
04-21-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi Honeybee and Rainbow! Of course you ladies can join us! The more the merrier!!

Glad to have you both!

Rainbow I think I have been reading one of your threads!

Okay so I decided to weigh in today!

I am down to 254.6. Yeah!

So that means I am down 14.1 lbs so far this time. It feels like so little in comparison to what I need to lose and what I lost last time, but, one step at a time.

I am in a really great frame of mind. I have pushed thru getting back on track and staying on track. I have the exercise muscle worked up again, and I am actively losing and seeing a diffference.

So i am stoked!

I took new pics 2 days ago and I can see a BIG difference from when i first took pics in feb and in march.

I know I have probably lost more then 14 lbs.

I know they say it takes alot to build up muscle and what not but I honestly think it looks like I have lost closer to 20 pounds!

patchworkpenguin
04-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Count me in! I feel like I've been trying to lose weight for so long with very limited success; I'll lose for a while, then regain, usually the same 5lbs. I feel that I will always lose/regain unless I deal with my emotional eating or food addiction, so I previously stopped trying to 'lose' to just work on my eating/food issues, and am now ready to try and lose weight again. I don't really follow a plan except to eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full/satisfied; I also try to limit sugar/processed foods, eating a balance of foods. I journal my eating/exercise on paper but may start logging it here just to keep me accountable.

Regarding nighttime snacking~ Gulty!, but if I start feeling 'snacky' I either find something else to do if I'm feeling bored, or I pick up my knitting/crochet especially while watching TV. Then set a period of time, say 30min, to wait. If I'm still feeling snacky or have moved onto hunger I can eat something healthy, but usually, I find the 'set time' has passed along with my craving.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Jasmine31
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Hi penguin. Nice to meet ya! Sounds like a great start. Yes that is my problem too....emotional eating!
Here to us learning new ways to cope with our problems!

Rainbowgirl
04-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Jasmine, HOORAY! for for being down 14 pounds! That is AWESOME! And even better that you may have lost 20 pounds because you probably replaced some of the fat loss with muscle GAIN! And it's always good to have more muscle than fat lol

My 26th birthday is on July 19, I want to be down at -least- 20 pounds by then. I'm off to a good start.

The scale this morning read 252; I started on Sunday at 255. I'm trying to think that it's mostly water weight, but any weight down is good in my opinion!

CaliforniaDreamer
04-21-2011, 04:23 PM
I want to be at 250 *hopefully* by the summer, I work out 2 times a day 1 hour each time.

the first hour is at 7:30 - 8:30 in the morning I go for a walk/jog.
the second hour is at 9:00-10:00 at night I do situps, squats,lunges, and weights. It has been working for me, I am losing weight and I realize that I'm not as tired when I do little things. right now I eat between 1500 - 1800 calories.

good luck ladies!

patchworkpenguin
04-21-2011, 05:18 PM
I did a 37min Pilates DVD today. I workout at home to DVD's, but I also have a treadmill. My dog, April <--- just had leg surgery to repair her ACL so we will need to start her on short walks soon. That will at least get Hubby and I out of the house in the evenings. He and I are 'supposed to be doing this together' he has high chol but he's more likely to count mowing the lawn as exercise. In his defense his job is physically demanding and he gets a lot of walking in also, so at nights he just wants to sit and rest. We have started taking hikes on the wooded trails at the Agricenter on the weekends.

Rainbow, what is jumping up and down in your avatar??? I can't get it big enough to see...

Jasmine, Congrats on the weight you have lost so far.

Honeybee, I like your comment about not being as tired for the little things.:D

Jasmine31
04-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Jasmine, HOORAY! for for being down 14 pounds! That is AWESOME! And even better that you may have lost 20 pounds because you probably replaced some of the fat loss with muscle GAIN! And it's always good to have more muscle than fat lol

My 26th birthday is on July 19, I want to be down at -least- 20 pounds by then. I'm off to a good start.

The scale this morning read 252; I started on Sunday at 255. I'm trying to think that it's mostly water weight, but any weight down is good in my opinion!

You are off to a great start! Some could be water weight but its nice to get that initial encouragement. Once you stick with it, the lbs will come off. The important thing is to not get overwhelmed and take it one day at a time.

WTG on the 3 lb loss!! You defiantely can lose 20 lbs by then. What a nice birthday pressie for yourself!

Thanks for the encouragement sweetie!!! Yes more muscle is always great! I should post the pics here and see what you all think! lol

I just dont know if there is 6 lbs of muscle. I am not sure how much I have really built. But scales and lbs are a funny thing. Honestly JUST a 14 lb difference shouldnt look THIS different.

(I know a friend of mine years ago told me she was working out at the gym. Her scale stayed the same, but she was down TWO pants sizes!)

So who knows? I do notice this happens every time I get on a losing track. I take pics cause the scale seems so slow, but pictures dont lie.

What is even funnier is the weight difference on the photos.
My hubby made me a collage of photos so I could easily compare. it is 4 different dates/frames.

The first pic was taken 2-14-11. The weight says 263.9.
The 4th one was 4-19-11. The weight says 255.20.
So thats actually only a difference of 8.7 lbs.
(BUT the biggest weigh in date was 2-18-11, it was 268.70.
So thats how I get the 268.7-254.6 = 14.1 over all loss.)

So this allegedly means that there was just an 8.7 lb loss between the very first set of pics and the last set.

I pass worded the photos but if anyone from this thread wants to see them. Send me a private message for the pass word.

http://s1012.photobucket.com/albums/af243/smokingredhotdeals/Photos/

BRB

Jasmine31
04-21-2011, 07:14 PM
I did a 37min Pilates DVD today. I workout at home to DVD's, but I also have a treadmill. My dog, April <--- just had leg surgery to repair her ACL so we will need to start her on short walks soon. That will at least get Hubby and I out of the house in the evenings. He and I are 'supposed to be doing this together' he has high chol but he's more likely to count mowing the lawn as exercise. In his defense his job is physically demanding and he gets a lot of walking in also, so at nights he just wants to sit and rest. We have started taking hikes on the wooded trails at the Agricenter on the weekends.

Rainbow, what is jumping up and down in your avatar??? I can't get it big enough to see...

Jasmine, Congrats on the weight you have lost so far.

Honeybee, I like your comment about not being as tired for the little things.:D

I am wondering the same thing with rainbows avatar!! LOL

I was bedazzled by it earlier. :o

Thanks for the props!!

Sorry to hear about your doggy! Pilates is good. I told hubby i need to find my dvd again soon so i can tone up this tummy!

Well maybe later hubby will get on board and exercise too. Have him eat more fruits and veggies and oatmeal!

Hiking is great! I love my walks.

Jasmine31
04-21-2011, 07:17 PM
I want to be at 250 *hopefully* by the summer, I work out 2 times a day 1 hour each time.

the first hour is at 7:30 - 8:30 in the morning I go for a walk/jog.
the second hour is at 9:00-10:00 at night I do situps, squats,lunges, and weights. It has been working for me, I am losing weight and I realize that I'm not as tired when I do little things. right now I eat between 1500 - 1800 calories.

good luck ladies!

Your work out sounds great! Cals sound great too. I need to start doing some weights soon. I need to build more muscle and do something with these flabby arms!!

I think you can do the 250!! Your on a great path already! keep it up!

DTerminedOne1219
04-21-2011, 07:27 PM
It's funny that you post this because i was just about to post something similar! i just started on here and have just decided to really go for losing weight and figured why not use the summer as a nice kicking off point! i too and giving myself the summer to kick my butt in gear and lose some serious weight to hopefully prepare for running a 5k in september! You are truely successful walking? i always get nervous that i'm not doing enough so i'm happy to see its working for you! i too need to try and lose 10 lbs a month to reach my goal! any suggestions?

Jasmine31
04-21-2011, 07:28 PM
Cover me girls, I'm going in: going to have some popcorn with my movie with hubby and kids. I am counting my cals, just worried about the sodium. LOL

Jasmine31
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
It's funny that you post this because i was just about to post something similar! i just started on here and have just decided to really go for losing weight and figured why not use the summer as a nice kicking off point! i too and giving myself the summer to kick my butt in gear and lose some serious weight to hopefully prepare for running a 5k in september! You are truely successful walking? i always get nervous that i'm not doing enough so i'm happy to see its working for you! i too need to try and lose 10 lbs a month to reach my goal! any suggestions?

Hello, welcome to the group. Just seen this post! Ill comment more later about the walking but yes, walking + watching my cals does work.

I went from 280 down to 242 a few years ago just eating healthier and trying to watch my food and walking like 60 minutes a day.

I hit a stall the following month and only lost 3 lbs. Thats when I realized, duh! I was eating too much!

Thats when I got on plan with eating 1700 cals a day, 6 days a week, walking 80-90 6 days a week and the next month I lost 9 lbs.

When I consistantly did this, i lost weight. When i slacked, I didnt.

In between being mostly on plan, I wound up taking that 80 - 90 minutes plus 1700 cals a day(and one screw up day a week) and got down to 190.

Ill talk more about it later but its good to have you join us!

authentic
04-21-2011, 07:42 PM
So I had another stressful day at work and was able to stay on plan. I know I keep posting statements like this, but my job sucks and in the past that was all the excuse I needed for eating anything I could get my hands on just to numb my frustration.

I got my exercising in last night and tonight I am taking a night off.

Also, I actually have calories/points saved up for a snack later. I like having a protein bar or an atkins bar in the evening as a snack.

What do some of you eat as evening snacks?

patchworkpenguin
04-21-2011, 08:12 PM
What do some of you eat as evening snacks? I try to stick to fruit, pretzels or cereal. I'm cutting back on chocolate which means I want crunchy snacks. :dizzy: Sometimes just gum is enough. I like the new Choc chip mint 'ice cream' gum.

DTerminedOne1219
04-21-2011, 08:37 PM
Hello, welcome to the group. Just seen this post! Ill comment more later about the walking but yes, walking + watching my cals does work.

I went from 280 down to 242 a few years ago just eating healthier and trying to watch my food and walking like 60 minutes a day.

I hit a stall the following month and only lost 3 lbs. Thats when I realized, duh! I was eating too much!

Thats when I got on plan with eating 1700 cals a day, 6 days a week, walking 80-90 6 days a week and the next month I lost 9 lbs.

When I consistantly did this, i lost weight. When i slacked, I didnt.

In between being mostly on plan, I wound up taking that 80 - 90 minutes plus 1700 cals a day(and one screw up day a week) and got down to 190.

Ill talk more about it later but its good to have you join us!

Well thanks! i really appreciate the feedback!!! i'm sure going to give it a try!!!

Rainbowgirl
04-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Patchworkpenguin and Jasmine31 - it's an elephant. I have a bigger version of it, but it doesn't work on the site because it's over 10 kb :(

http://www.vixenrose.com/hosting/files/628/UpForGrabs/Elephant-on-trampoline.gif

Patchwork Is your April a Lab (or Lab cross)? I have a nearly-11-month-old Chocolate lab named Nilla or Nilla Bean. She has mild hip dysplasia in her right hip so I can't do any jogging or cycling with her (am so mad too because the breeder didn't even care when I told her about it in December). Take good care of your furkid and yes, short walks are best after an ACL repair; short slow walks. My vet advised me with Nilla's dysplasia that she can't do any activities where she has to keep up, so maybe that will help with April. Just let her go at her pace kind of thing.

Jasmine31: Have you followed your measurements? One pound of fat takes up more space than a pound of muscle, which is why the scale may stay the same but clothes will fit better and you'll look different, too. I try to measure myself about once a month (arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves) because then even if the scale isn't going down as quickly as I'd like, the inches may be coming off fairly quickly. :)

DTerminedOne1219: It can be done just walking, but calorie counting also helps too. If someone is still eating 3000 calories a day (an insane amount of food) and only walking 20 minutes, that's not enough movement to burn off those calories. Also, eating low calorie but "empty" foods like baked chips, etc doesn't give you enough nutrients to keep your body active. If you lower your calories in and increase your calories out, you will lose weight. Guaranteed. :) But yes, watch fat and sodium too. Sodium will cause water retention and bloating. Plus, it's not good for the heart. Some sodium is needed, but not massive amounts and what I find is a lot of "diet" foods are low in calories and fat but loaded with sodium. Also, another culprit I've found is hidden sugar. I only buy organic pasta sauce now because the "regular" Prego-types have insane amounts of sugar. Chocolate milk, which I thought was "healthy", has almost as much sugar as a can of Coke! There's surgar in canned peas, dog treats, and even reports of chicken breasts being injected with sugar-water (though I have a rough time believing it).

Authentic: My evening snack is usually another "meal" because I miss "lunch." I work evening shift, so my dinner is around 7:30 p.m. When my "lunch" should be had is right when I get to work so I just have another snack (usually an apple or some cheese) at that time. When I get home around midnight, I wait until about 1 a.m. and if I'm really hungry, I'll grab 1/2 cup of Shreddies with 1/2 cup of skim milk. Or I'll grab 1/2 cup of carrots. If I'm still hungry after this, I'll go to bed rather than give in and inhale anything and everything around me. :)

patchworkpenguin
04-21-2011, 10:05 PM
Rainbow, your elephant is hysterical!!! April is a Lab/Gshepherd mix about 90lbs, she is around 9, we got her as an adult from the Hum Soc. This is her second ACL surgery, they seem to have used a different method from her earlier one, because she is recovering more quickly, or maybe just her 'parents' are calmer this time around. Her first surgery was 2008 while the second was about two weeks ago.

Jasmine. while I've gone up and down in my weight, I'm currently 15lbs heavier than I was last year and still wear the same clothes. I'm built like a draft horse, tall, muscluar and stocky, and I tend to lose/gain weight easily and put on muscle quickly. The theory is I'm putting on muscle but only losing a little fat. :dizzy: I weight twice a week because any more makes me crazy, and I measure randomly.

DTO, I walked my first 5k last year with my SIL. It was such a great experience, everyone helping each other, cheering each other on. We walked though a neighborhood and the residents put up signs, gave out water, and decorated their yards for us. Pink for Susan Koman

patchworkpenguin
04-22-2011, 03:38 PM
nyone else having trouble getting on Chicks?

I did 41min of boxing today.

Jasmine31
04-22-2011, 05:31 PM
So I had another stressful day at work and was able to stay on plan. I know I keep posting statements like this, but my job sucks and in the past that was all the excuse I needed for eating anything I could get my hands on just to numb my frustration.

I got my exercising in last night and tonight I am taking a night off.

Also, I actually have calories/points saved up for a snack later. I like having a protein bar or an atkins bar in the evening as a snack.

What do some of you eat as evening snacks?

Its hard to stay on plan when you get stressed. But keep your chin up! Just tell yourself that you are stronger then this!

Popcorn and cheese goldfish crackers.

Jasmine31
04-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Well thanks! i really appreciate the feedback!!! i'm sure going to give it a try!!!

Here is a link for you. It may help to see it on paper better.

Basically 1 lb = 3500 calories. So in order to lose 1 lb, you need to shave off 3500 calories over what your body needs to maintain your current weight.

Need to lose 2 lbs a week? You need to lose 7000 cals a week.

This is the calorie calculator I use.

Put your height and weigh and goal weight etc in.

It tells you what your current maintenance cals are. And how much you're maintenance cals are if you burn/walk 30 or 60 minutes a day.

Like me for instance at my current stats, if I walk 90 minutes a day, my "maintenance" is 3300 cals a day to stay the weight i am on now.

So if I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week, i would need to shave off 7000 cals a WEEK, which is 1000 cals a day. So technically on paper I could walk 90 minutes a day and eat 2300 cals and lose 2 lbs a week.

but why walk so much if I plan to eat all that back?

So for instance if I think, 3 lbs a week, I need to burn 10,500 a week or 1500 cals a day.

3300 cals maintenance minus needing a deficit of 1500 cals a day puts me at eating 1800 cals a day.

Okay, lets take my walking completely out.

I think my maintenance is 2366 right now with no walking. if I eat more, I gain, eat less, i lose. If I need to lose 2 lbs a week this means i would need to shave off 1000 cals a day. Which means i would need to eat 1366 cals a day.

HAHAHAHAH Yeah right! This is why so many people try to diet, and fail. You tell a 250 lb woman she can only eat 1366 cals a day, and she trys and fails, or does it for a while and goes crazy and binges and winds up feeling even worse about herself.
;)

Jasmine31
04-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Patchworkpenguin and Jasmine31 - it's an elephant. I have a bigger version of it, but it doesn't work on the site because it's over 10 kb :(

http://www.vixenrose.com/hosting/files/628/UpForGrabs/Elephant-on-trampoline.gif

Jasmine31: Have you followed your measurements? One pound of fat takes up more space than a pound of muscle, which is why the scale may stay the same but clothes will fit better and you'll look different, too. I try to measure myself about once a month (arms, bust, waist, hips, thighs and calves) because then even if the scale isn't going down as quickly as I'd like, the inches may be coming off fairly quickly. :)

The elephant is so adorable!!! i LOVE it!!

I didn't write my measurements down when I first started, then I finally did, and didnt write the date down! LOL

My starting waist measurement was 51", dont know when but maybe late Feb? It is now 47 1/2". Yeah!

Hips were 57" and now down to 54"

My neck is down 1"
Arms are down 1 1/2" same with bust.
Thighs are down 1 1/2" and calfs are down 1/2 an inch.

So we are doing good there.

Jasmine31
04-22-2011, 05:50 PM
[QUOTE]Jasmine. while I've gone up and down in my weight, I'm currently 15lbs heavier than I was last year and still wear the same clothes. I'm built like a draft horse, tall, muscluar and stocky, and I tend to lose/gain weight easily and put on muscle quickly. The theory is I'm putting on muscle but only losing a little fat. :dizzy: I weight twice a week because any more makes me crazy, and I measure randomly.

Yes the scale does drive me crazy sometimes! I am so glad I was able to push past the first few months cause i swear they are the hardest. Once your clothes start fitting better, looser, or tight stuff you couldnt wear before starts fitting and the scale and measurements go down, you feel like its all for something.

I just have to keep telling myself, one day at a time!!!
Right now I am just telling myself to do my 90 minutes, do my 1600 calories and forget about it!

I cant believe today is day 12 of being completely on plan food wise. I am stoked!!!

Jasmine31
04-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Okay gals, i am stoked!!! this is day 12 of being completely on plan food wise and walking of course, and i am feeling so wonderful! i dont want this to stop! The pics gave me a huge confidence boost the other day.

Tom ended yesterday and my scale is down again today!

it said 253.8 today! Whoohooo!! So i am officially down 14.9 lbs since I started!!! Yeehaw!!

I am so happy!!!

authentic
04-22-2011, 05:55 PM
Its hard to stay on plan when you get stressed. But keep your chin up! Just tell yourself that you are stronger then this!

Popcorn and cheese goldfish crackers.

I love popcorn and goldfish crackers, but I find I want to eat more than my measured portion. I think my body treats them too much like "carbs".

In any case, I am going to work out in a few and wanted to say hi to everyone. :wave:

I am on plan so far for the day. Friday and Saturday nights are risky nights for me to snack while I watch movies.

I am looking forward to doing some serious walking this weekend. The weather is going to be nice here.

Jasmine31
04-23-2011, 10:43 AM
I love popcorn and goldfish crackers, but I find I want to eat more than my measured portion. I think my body treats them too much like "carbs".

In any case, I am going to work out in a few and wanted to say hi to everyone. :wave:

I am on plan so far for the day. Friday and Saturday nights are risky nights for me to snack while I watch movies.

I am looking forward to doing some serious walking this weekend. The weather is going to be nice here.

Have fun walking! the weather has been nice off and on here. it has snowed on me a few times recently. lol

Yes be careful with the snacking!

Okay gals! I am over the moon happy! The scale is down 1.8 lbs today! (I am sure some is from tom cause it has been creeping down every day now.)

But that is still great!

The scale says 252 this a.m.!!! Wheee!!!

I am so excited!!

Jasmine31
04-23-2011, 10:44 AM
guess i need to reset my ticker goal!

Elladorine
04-23-2011, 12:44 PM
*peeks into the thread and says hello* :wave:

I've made a new commitment to exercise in the past month or two and would like to get in on the action. ;) I currently walk 1.3 miles every morning, which takes me about a half hour. When I can I go before sunrise; it's gonna be very hot this summer (I live in the desert) so I might as well get used to early mornings now. Sometimes I take a shorter walk later in the day as well, but since I injured myself earlier this month by pushing myself too hard I'm trying to be careful not to overdo it again. :o

I've managed to lose 10 pounds in the past month, which is *huge* for me! I've been stuck around 250 for a year and a half and it's a relief to finally see the scale move down to 240. I want to keep this momentum going and would love to lose another 20 pounds for this summer. If I can get down to 220 I'll have reached the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult. Oh, and if I can get down to 215 I'll weight the same as my husband! :dizzy:

Anyway, I am so ready to do this. :)

Jasmine31
04-23-2011, 01:55 PM
*peeks into the thread and says hello* :wave:

I've made a new commitment to exercise in the past month or two and would like to get in on the action. ;) I currently walk 1.3 miles every morning, which takes me about a half hour. When I can I go before sunrise; it's gonna be very hot this summer (I live in the desert) so I might as well get used to early mornings now. Sometimes I take a shorter walk later in the day as well, but since I injured myself earlier this month by pushing myself too hard I'm trying to be careful not to overdo it again. :o

I've managed to lose 10 pounds in the past month, which is *huge* for me! I've been stuck around 250 for a year and a half and it's a relief to finally see the scale move down to 240. I want to keep this momentum going and would love to lose another 20 pounds for this summer. If I can get down to 220 I'll have reached the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult. Oh, and if I can get down to 215 I'll weight the same as my husband! :dizzy:

Anyway, I am so ready to do this. :)

Hi Sirenity. Nice to meet ya! Thats great you are walking! WHat state are you in? When I was in Cali i was in a hot spot too and had to go early or burn!

WTG on 10 lbs!!! Thats great!

I noticed you have lost 120 lbs. That is awesome!

Have you actively been working on losing this past year, or just maintaining?

Anyhow, glad to have you join us!

Yes my hubby is 5'11 and is like 150. arrgrgghhhhhhh

lol

I can't wait to get down to 150. I hope I can.

In high school I was 220 and lost down to 160 something. Then I met a guy(now my ex hubby) and quit paying much attention after that.

So I am telling myself I HAVE to meet my old high school weight and am wondering if I can get down to 135!

Jasmine31
04-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Just got back from my walk, need to drag my butt in the shower and go grocery shopping. I am tired. Later we will paint eggs with the kids!

authentic
04-23-2011, 02:22 PM
I just did my workout. It felt good! I am getting to the point where my body is actually craving the activity most days.

I already did my grocery shopping this morning. I found some new lower calorie protein drinks. I am hoping they don't taste horrible but they would save me two points (50 calories) each time I drank one so wish me luck with them.

Elladorine
04-23-2011, 02:59 PM
Hi Sirenity. Nice to meet ya! Thats great you are walking! WHat state are you in? When I was in Cali i was in a hot spot too and had to go early or burn!

WTG on 10 lbs!!! Thats great!

I noticed you have lost 120 lbs. That is awesome!

Have you actively been working on losing this past year, or just maintaining?

Anyhow, glad to have you join us!

Yes my hubby is 5'11 and is like 150. arrgrgghhhhhhh

lol

I can't wait to get down to 150. I hope I can.

In high school I was 220 and lost down to 160 something. Then I met a guy(now my ex hubby) and quit paying much attention after that.

So I am telling myself I HAVE to meet my old high school weight and am wondering if I can get down to 135!

Nice to meet you too, and thanks! :)

I'm in southern Nevada. I grew up in Illinois and lived in Wisconsin for a few years before moving out here in '07. I'm still not really used to this heat, lol. Our new place has a community pool though so I'm looking forward to using it regularly this summer. :D

I was 250-270 throughout high school. I got my class ring my freshman year and wore it all four years before putting it away . . . I still have it and it's two sizes too big now! It kind of boggles my mind that I'm smaller now than I was back then and I love having that ring to remind me. When I was 19 I managed to get down to 220 on diet pills, but I went back up when my mom became terminally ill. I got back down to 220 once again in my early 20's, but I made myself sick in the process since I got too obsessive and quickly went back to 250. I gained another 100+ pounds while in my first relationship, which wasn't exactly a healthy one. It's taken me a few years to whittle down to 285 before I managed to get back to 250 again, which seems to be a mental block for me since I've spent most of my adult life at that weight.

I've been trying to lose all year, but things didn't really fall into place until I added the extra exercise a few months ago. In the meantime I'd been maintaining for quite a while. My eating habits are pretty solid and I do my best to make good decisions every day.

Anyway, thanks for making this thread, it might be just what I need to keep going. :hug: We can do this together!

authentic
04-24-2011, 09:24 AM
I am down 2 lbs to 259 this week, so I am officially out of the 260's! We will see if sodium pushes me right back into the 260's next week. :D

JOLINA
04-24-2011, 09:52 AM
:wave: :easter3:

I'll join up for the big Summer Push.
I would like to lose 20 pounds this summer.
If I stay on my calorie counting program, I will lose the weight.

Congratulations Jasmine on your weight loss. You must be more energized now!
:cp:

I am doing yard work for exercize while the weather is still cool here.
I'll open up my pool in a couple of weeks.
Then I'll be able to swim a few laps every day for some more added exercize.

:swim:

Best of luck to all of you!

:easter2: :easter:

DTerminedOne1219
04-24-2011, 09:05 PM
Here is a link for you. It may help to see it on paper better.

Basically 1 lb = 3500 calories. So in order to lose 1 lb, you need to shave off 3500 calories over what your body needs to maintain your current weight.

Need to lose 2 lbs a week? You need to lose 7000 cals a week.

This is the calorie calculator I use.

Put your height and weigh and goal weight etc in.

It tells you what your current maintenance cals are. And how much you're maintenance cals are if you burn/walk 30 or 60 minutes a day.

Like me for instance at my current stats, if I walk 90 minutes a day, my "maintenance" is 3300 cals a day to stay the weight i am on now.

So if I wanted to lose 2 lbs a week, i would need to shave off 7000 cals a WEEK, which is 1000 cals a day. So technically on paper I could walk 90 minutes a day and eat 2300 cals and lose 2 lbs a week.

but why walk so much if I plan to eat all that back?

So for instance if I think, 3 lbs a week, I need to burn 10,500 a week or 1500 cals a day.

3300 cals maintenance minus needing a deficit of 1500 cals a day puts me at eating 1800 cals a day.

Okay, lets take my walking completely out.

I think my maintenance is 2366 right now with no walking. if I eat more, I gain, eat less, i lose. If I need to lose 2 lbs a week this means i would need to shave off 1000 cals a day. Which means i would need to eat 1366 cals a day.

HAHAHAHAH Yeah right! This is why so many people try to diet, and fail. You tell a 250 lb woman she can only eat 1366 cals a day, and she trys and fails, or does it for a while and goes crazy and binges and winds up feeling even worse about herself.
;)

Well thank you! that is very helpful!!!! i always thought i ate well but apparently im just eating well enough to maintain! I have read information like that over and over but i guess i just need to face facts that i need to start writing EVERYTHING down instead of thinking "yeah thats about right" because clearly im eating more calories than anticipated! that information is so helpful though! i really think its exactly what i needed to get it to click!

Dumplin
04-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi Jasmine ! I have been doing water aerobics at the gym, walking and some days lift weights. I try to eat around 1500 calories a day. (I need to watch a little closer ) I believe I will now that I have joined your challenge. Thanks for the new challenge ! I will try to get back here and check in more oftened.:dust::dancer::dancer:dancer:::cheer2::che er2::cheer2:

SugarRomeoTango4852
04-25-2011, 09:31 AM
Is it too late for me to get onto this bandwagon? Has the ship sailed? I would like to lose around 15 to 20 lbs this summer and I KNOW I am going to need a push.

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 10:28 AM
I just did my workout. It felt good! I am getting to the point where my body is actually craving the activity most days.

I already did my grocery shopping this morning. I found some new lower calorie protein drinks. I am hoping they don't taste horrible but they would save me two points (50 calories) each time I drank one so wish me luck with them.

I feel the same way. I get such a natural high off of walking. I know it releases endorphins in your brain or something.

That PLUS I see how great it is at helping with weight loss, how can I not love it?

Tell us how the drinks pan out.

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Nice to meet you too, and thanks! :)

I'm in southern Nevada. I grew up in Illinois and lived in Wisconsin for a few years before moving out here in '07. I'm still not really used to this heat, lol. Our new place has a community pool though so I'm looking forward to using it regularly this summer. :D

I was 250-270 throughout high school. I got my class ring my freshman year and wore it all four years before putting it away . . . I still have it and it's two sizes too big now! It kind of boggles my mind that I'm smaller now than I was back then and I love having that ring to remind me. When I was 19 I managed to get down to 220 on diet pills, but I went back up when my mom became terminally ill. I got back down to 220 once again in my early 20's, but I made myself sick in the process since I got too obsessive and quickly went back to 250. I gained another 100+ pounds while in my first relationship, which wasn't exactly a healthy one. It's taken me a few years to whittle down to 285 before I managed to get back to 250 again, which seems to be a mental block for me since I've spent most of my adult life at that weight.

I've been trying to lose all year, but things didn't really fall into place until I added the extra exercise a few months ago. In the meantime I'd been maintaining for quite a while. My eating habits are pretty solid and I do my best to make good decisions every day.

Anyway, thanks for making this thread, it might be just what I need to keep going. :hug: We can do this together!

Oh my I bet your energy bill is huge!

The pool sounds nice. Hopefully the water won't heat it up too much!

Sorry to hear about your mom! (Both my parents passed in Dec 2004 and April 2005, my mom was 52. :( )

Make sure you are counting your cals. Even if you eat healthy, if the calories are too high, it can still eliminate.

Anyhow, great to have you! We can do this!! :hug:

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 10:32 AM
I am down 2 lbs to 259 this week, so I am officially out of the 260's! We will see if sodium pushes me right back into the 260's next week. :D

This is awesome!! WTG!!! :carrot:

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 10:34 AM
:wave: :easter3:

I'll join up for the big Summer Push.
I would like to lose 20 pounds this summer.
If I stay on my calorie counting program, I will lose the weight.

Congratulations Jasmine on your weight loss. You must be more energized now!

I am doing yard work for exercize while the weather is still cool here.
I'll open up my pool in a couple of weeks.
Then I'll be able to swim a few laps every day for some more added exercize.

:swim:

Best of luck to all of you!

:easter2: :easter:

Hello! Welcome to the group! Sounds like a great plan! We can do this!

Thanks for the props! I am very excited! Cant wait to lose more!

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 10:57 AM
Well thank you! that is very helpful!!!! i always thought i ate well but apparently im just eating well enough to maintain! I have read information like that over and over but i guess i just need to face facts that i need to start writing EVERYTHING down instead of thinking "yeah thats about right" because clearly im eating more calories than anticipated! that information is so helpful though! i really think its exactly what i needed to get it to click!

I am glad I could help. Its really just a numbers game. Now honestly some people say the cal calculators are helpful and work for them, some say it doesnt work.

But give it a try. It may work for you!

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi Jasmine ! I have been doing water aerobics at the gym, walking and some days lift weights. I try to eat around 1500 calories a day. (I need to watch a little closer ) I believe I will now that I have joined your challenge. Thanks for the new challenge ! I will try to get back here and check in more oftened.:dust::dancer::dancer:dancer:::cheer2::che er2::cheer2:

That sounds great! You are already on the losing path so keep it up!!
:carrot:

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Is it too late for me to get onto this bandwagon? Has the ship sailed? I would like to lose around 15 to 20 lbs this summer and I KNOW I am going to need a push.

Nope its not too late! Its never too late for someone to join up and lose weight/get healthier!

Its nice to meet ya!

Jasmine31
04-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Okay gals, I need to stay off the scales for a few days!!

I kept with my walking, but this weekend got pretty crazy with food.

Saturday I needed to the stores. Had my coffee and kefir and didnt eat lunch.

I didnt want to eat out and was going to eat at home but by the time I got home it was time for dinner!

MIL came over and we were going to paint eggs and do easter crafts with the kids. So we wanted something quick and easy.

Hubby grabbed 3 THREE costco pizzas and bread sticks.

Since I was hungry and no lunch I grabbed samples at costco to munch on. Not too bad I guess.

I had some of the jalapeno yogurt dip and a few new black bean tortilla chips when I got home.

i wound up having one slice of pizza and 2 bread sticks. The pizza didnt have cals listed but it said 56 oz. So i had a 7 oz slice.

So i did try to put my cals in. I should of roughly been around 1600 cals.

For Sunday I wasnt planning on doing a big easter dinner. I was going to do potato salad and grilled chicken breast.

Sil called and we wound up going to the park for the afternoon.

Coffee and kefir for breakfast.

She ordered pizza for everyone for lunch. It was really good. I had 2 slices, plus hubbys crust.

Later I had some yogurt dip and tortilla chips and 1 cup of potato salad, and that was it.

I think I was around 1800 cals.

So food wise, not tooo bad.

It was a nice change this weekend from all the chicken & tuna I have been having.

I just hate not knowing for sure how many cals. Ya know?

I didnt feel like I overate though so that was good.

I am thinking I may retain some cause of sodium though so I think I will stay off the scale for a while!

JOLINA
04-25-2011, 03:54 PM
:hat:

We went out for dinner on Easter. I ordered the lowest cal item on the menu and took half of it home. I figure I ate an extra 200 calories too much.
:hun:

The food was loaded with salt.
So I am staying off the scale for the next couple of days. I don't need to see all that water weight.
:coffee:

It's raining today, so tomorrow I'll go out for along walk.
No more holiday dinners for awhile...Isn't that great!

:running:

authentic
04-25-2011, 06:50 PM
It sounds like everyone practiced moderation on Easter! Congrats to all. :carrot:

Well, I tried the new lower calorie protein drinks and they taste the way I imagine draino would taste if it was chocolate flavored, so into the garbage they went. :barf:

I am going back to my old protein drinks. I like two brands of protein drinks.

1 Carnation instant breakfast, no sugar formula (blue bottle) (13g protein, 150 calories, 2g fiber)
2. Atkins advantage dark chocolate flavor (16g protein, 160 calories, 2 g fiber)

both make excellent on-the-go breakfasts. I of course still have to have my morning coffee (extra strong) with them.

Anyway, no more cutting calories and sacrificing taste. 50 calories are not worth the agony of those horrible low cal energy drinks.

DTerminedOne1219
04-25-2011, 07:29 PM
I hear that with the not knowing how many calories you're eating. I tried a calorie counter for the first time today.. even though my diet was way off today and i still eat what seems like a lot of carbs. I think i need more protein in my diet?! but i dont really eat a lot of meat.. not really sure. Did quite well at easter yesterday. I didnt eat any of the snacky foods just a little ham and some veggies.. did get overtaken by the bread and a small dessert but my dessert was mostly strawberries so not so bad other than all the salt and sugar!

Today i was rushed so i went to subway but even still, almost like 600 calories for lunch and a lot more carbs than i'm used to having in one meal. Need to really focus on being more prepared by my schedule makes it quite difficult. I dont get out of work until 9pm then i work out for an hour so by the time i get home i'm cooking or eating dinner at 11.. its off. But i also dont eat my first meal of the day until noon. Still need to figure something else out i think. It's hard when i have to worry about cooking for me and my boyfriend, hard to prepare a whole meal a day ahead of time because its night quite as fresh and yummy the next day! Any suggestions? Not to mention i have like barely any money to put towards a grocery budget...

**frustrated**

Lizz
04-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Glad to see all 3 new ladies here!!

Hi Lizz!

That sounds like a great plan. Yeah I get tired of counting cals and try to just eat sensibly and it dont work for me. lol

Hey Jasmine,

When I read that, I must admit, I did not like you, much. :p Honesty hurts but it seems that my experiences turn out to be similar to yours. The weight loss is slower compared to counting calories, about 2 lbs/week, though it could be that I am only in a phase when it has slowed down naturally, compared to the initial push? Though 2 lbs/week should still be a good rate I think.

I will give it a couple more weeks to try and see if the loss remains steady, despite having slowed down a bit and will take it from there. These days I can see myself going to the gym far more than adhering to fitday and letting numbers control every single of my awake hours! lol

With the exception of chocolate I have been mostly good these past few weeks. There is a life beyond butter and chips! lol

Jasmine31
04-27-2011, 11:23 AM

We went out for dinner on Easter. I ordered the lowest cal item on the menu and took half of it home. I figure I ate an extra 200 calories too much.
:hun:

The food was loaded with salt.
So I am staying off the scale for the next couple of days. I don't need to see all that water weight.
:coffee:

It's raining today, so tomorrow I'll go out for along walk.
No more holiday dinners for awhile...Isn't that great!

:running:

Great job for only going a little over! My problem is I will take half my meal home and eat it late at night! LOL Yes i hate the holiday food stuff! uugghhh

It sounds like everyone practiced moderation on Easter! Congrats to all. :carrot:

Well, I tried the new lower calorie protein drinks and they taste the way I imagine draino would taste if it was chocolate flavored, so into the garbage they went. :barf:

I am going back to my old protein drinks. I like two brands of protein drinks.

1 Carnation instant breakfast, no sugar formula (blue bottle) (13g protein, 150 calories, 2g fiber)
2. Atkins advantage dark chocolate flavor (16g protein, 160 calories, 2 g fiber)

both make excellent on-the-go breakfasts. I of course still have to have my morning coffee (extra strong) with them.

Anyway, no more cutting calories and sacrificing taste. 50 calories are not worth the agony of those horrible low cal energy drinks.

Yeah doesnt sound like its worth it. I used to do the atkins shakes, but during that time frame I was still getting crazy eat everything food cravings so i dropped it.

Not saying it was the shake. But I had to change up everything and the shake left.

I hear that with the not knowing how many calories you're eating. I tried a calorie counter for the first time today.. even though my diet was way off today and i still eat what seems like a lot of carbs. I think i need more protein in my diet?! but i dont really eat a lot of meat.. not really sure. Did quite well at easter yesterday. I didnt eat any of the snacky foods just a little ham and some veggies.. did get overtaken by the bread and a small dessert but my dessert was mostly strawberries so not so bad other than all the salt and sugar!

Today i was rushed so i went to subway but even still, almost like 600 calories for lunch and a lot more carbs than i'm used to having in one meal. Need to really focus on being more prepared by my schedule makes it quite difficult. I dont get out of work until 9pm then i work out for an hour so by the time i get home i'm cooking or eating dinner at 11.. its off. But i also dont eat my first meal of the day until noon. Still need to figure something else out i think. It's hard when i have to worry about cooking for me and my boyfriend, hard to prepare a whole meal a day ahead of time because its night quite as fresh and yummy the next day! Any suggestions? Not to mention i have like barely any money to put towards a grocery budget...

**frustrated**

You know what I use? fitday.com It tracks your cals and even has a food "pie". What I try to do is keep my carbs at 50%, 20% protein, 30% fat.

It has a "pie" thing that shows you what % of those you are at.

So its easy to make changes if you figure out your foods before you start eating.

Protein for me, I think my kefir has protein in it, ill have to check, but other then that lunch is usually tuna, 1/2 a cup. Dinner is usually 1 cup of lean ground beef or 1 cup chicken breast.

mmmmm.... I love subway!

I dont eat much for breakfast. I have a cup of coffee, and a cup of kefir(yogurt type drink)

I also love smoothies. Think banana, apple, spinach, maybe blue berries, mix it all together. Something quick and easy and you can drink it on the way to work!

What I do alot of right now is the terriyaki chicken grill breast from costco. Its precooked so perfect for a bbq. But also cools quickly in an oven.

Throw down aluminum foil on a cookie sheet and 20 minutes later chicken is done.

Maybe get a steamer and toss some veggies on with it?

Hey Jasmine,

When I read that, I must admit, I did not like you, much. :p Honesty hurts but it seems that my experiences turn out to be similar to yours. The weight loss is slower compared to counting calories, about 2 lbs/week, though it could be that I am only in a phase when it has slowed down naturally, compared to the initial push? Though 2 lbs/week should still be a good rate I think.

I will give it a couple more weeks to try and see if the loss remains steady, despite having slowed down a bit and will take it from there. These days I can see myself going to the gym far more than adhering to fitday and letting numbers control every single of my awake hours! lol

With the exception of chocolate I have been mostly good these past few weeks. There is a life beyond butter and chips! lol

2 lbs a week is still great! What works for me, or doesnt work for me, may or may not work for someone else. Just sharing my experiences. For me it is hard to practice moderation. If I could I wouldnt be fat in the first place. LOL

but I am making a real effort lately to do that when I dont know how many cals something is.

I just prefer to count, that way I know for sure.

glad to hear you are doing well!!

Jasmine31
04-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Okay gals, so I am doing fine with the food and walking. But I decided to weigh in yesterday! It was up 1.5 lbs from Saturday.

arrgghhhhhhh

Weighed again today and its down .20 lbs from yesterday.

grrrrr......

I must still be retaining! Annoying but I will push thru!

DTerminedOne1219
04-27-2011, 12:52 PM
Yeah im still a bit frustrated myself! yesterday was a great day for me food wise, i wound up at 1301 for the day. I do actually use FitDay.com it is a wonderful tool to use! Upped my protein for yesterday as well and i felt much better about the results. So even though that was a good day, i still am having an issue with exercise. I really WANT to be successful at losing weight this time but i cannot seem to go to bed earlier so that i can get out of bed in the morning and work out! I dont know what the issue is. Im just so tired all of the time and its really frustrating. Not getting home until 10 and then eating at 11 and not crashing till 1 makes it very difficult to get up at 8:30 to work out. Have to do something though. I just dont know what its going to tak to get my butt outta bed in the morning!!!

Either way i'm going to stick to plan with the calories and work on it. Have to do something!!!

Rainbowgirl
04-27-2011, 01:32 PM
I am really surprised. I actually lost 0.8 lbs over Easter and I "fell" off the wagon, so to speak. I ate roast chicken with rice and veggies (all mixed together), I also ate Easter dinner of ham, pork tenderloin (which was gross, my recipe blah), asparagus, and had 3 helpings of trifle for dessert along with a decent amount of chocolate and at least 4 cans of Coke over the 4 day long weekend.

But, Saturday and Sunday we were out for hours (5 at least on Sunday) with my cousins and uncle on their ATVs, and that burns a decent amount of calories (especially when someone *points at herself* gets stuck in a bog and forgets about 4-wheel drive.. duh). On the drive home (4 hour drive) yesterday I didn't eat very well; bag of chips, bottle of Coke, and 2 Blow Pop suckers, and a large chocolate bar, but I ate very little at work (100 cal of edemame beans, 2 Babybell cheese rounds, 100 cal grapefruit chunks, 1 larabar) so that probably helped.

Today I'm back on it. I need to lose another (at least) 5 pounds before May 17, my next doctor visit. I'm 3 lbs away from my 5% loss, too, so I'm going to push for it.

My dad was awesome enough to pay for my New Balance shoes. They are SO comfortable, OMG. They feel like I'm walking barefoot - they're so wide with no curvature in the sole so it doesn't make my foot arch or anything weird. My feet still hurt when I do about 15 min worth of my Kinect cardio stuff though; not sure what that's about, but I wore them all weekend out quadding so it can't be the shoes I guess.

And, true to Vancouver, it's raining but I'm still taking the mutt for a 20 minute walk after I run to Safeway to stock up on fresh veggies for the next couple of days.

So far so good! Glad to hear everyone else is sticking with it, even if they, like me, had a few bumps over the long weekend.

Jasmine31
04-28-2011, 09:56 AM
Yeah im still a bit frustrated myself! yesterday was a great day for me food wise, i wound up at 1301 for the day. I do actually use FitDay.com it is a wonderful tool to use! Upped my protein for yesterday as well and i felt much better about the results. So even though that was a good day, i still am having an issue with exercise. I really WANT to be successful at losing weight this time but i cannot seem to go to bed earlier so that i can get out of bed in the morning and work out! I dont know what the issue is. Im just so tired all of the time and its really frustrating. Not getting home until 10 and then eating at 11 and not crashing till 1 makes it very difficult to get up at 8:30 to work out. Have to do something though. I just dont know what its going to tak to get my butt outta bed in the morning!!!

Either way i'm going to stick to plan with the calories and work on it. Have to do something!!!

Its hard when you work outside the home. do you have a lunch hour at work you could walk?

I am really surprised. I actually lost 0.8 lbs over Easter and I "fell" off the wagon, so to speak. I ate roast chicken with rice and veggies (all mixed together), I also ate Easter dinner of ham, pork tenderloin (which was gross, my recipe blah), asparagus, and had 3 helpings of trifle for dessert along with a decent amount of chocolate and at least 4 cans of Coke over the 4 day long weekend.

But, Saturday and Sunday we were out for hours (5 at least on Sunday) with my cousins and uncle on their ATVs, and that burns a decent amount of calories (especially when someone *points at herself* gets stuck in a bog and forgets about 4-wheel drive.. duh). On the drive home (4 hour drive) yesterday I didn't eat very well; bag of chips, bottle of Coke, and 2 Blow Pop suckers, and a large chocolate bar, but I ate very little at work (100 cal of edemame beans, 2 Babybell cheese rounds, 100 cal grapefruit chunks, 1 larabar) so that probably helped.

Today I'm back on it. I need to lose another (at least) 5 pounds before May 17, my next doctor visit. I'm 3 lbs away from my 5% loss, too, so I'm going to push for it.

My dad was awesome enough to pay for my New Balance shoes. They are SO comfortable, OMG. They feel like I'm walking barefoot - they're so wide with no curvature in the sole so it doesn't make my foot arch or anything weird. My feet still hurt when I do about 15 min worth of my Kinect cardio stuff though; not sure what that's about, but I wore them all weekend out quadding so it can't be the shoes I guess.

And, true to Vancouver, it's raining but I'm still taking the mutt for a 20 minute walk after I run to Safeway to stock up on fresh veggies for the next couple of days.

So far so good! Glad to hear everyone else is sticking with it, even if they, like me, had a few bumps over the long weekend.

Glad you still lost! WTG!! atving sounds fun!

Link me to your balance shoes.

With all the walking over the years I have had issues with my feet too. They didnt stop until I got me some skechers. They are wide width.

(I have occasional pain but I mean serious pain!)

http://www.famousfootwear.com/Shopping/ProductDetails.aspx?p=00059&pg=1003568

Jasmine31
04-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Okay gals so I dared to get on the scales again today!

I am 252.2

Kind of frustrating since I weighed 252 on Saturday the 23rd!!

How long does it take to get water weight off? And In ADDITION....I should of actively been losing saturday thru Wed(yesterday) so i should be down 2 lbs or so in addition!

arrrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe Ill have a big whoosh soon I hope!

If I multiply 7 days x 1700 cals(daily cal deficit) 4-23rd thru 4-29th....

that is 11,900 cals, divide that by 3500 = 3.4 lbs

So if I was 252 on 4-23rd, and I stayed on plan, by 4-30, this saturday, I should be down an additional 3.4 lbs.

252-3.4 = 248.6

So i better be 248.6 by saturday, or sunday!!

I am just going to eat really clean. U fortunately I think I am going to have to disclude popcorn.

I know pizza is salty too and twice in a row didnt help.

I wont give up pizza but I dont eat it all that often anyways.

But I just need to do this!!!

argrgrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Jasmine31
04-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Okay gals, confession time. One thing I didnt have time to tell you about on Sunday:

The family get togethers are starting already!!!

Thats cool, but this means I need to work even harder!!

Last Sunday when we all got together at the park everyone played kick ball.

Well mil sat out and so did I and my 7 y/o.

(My 2 eldest kids didnt even come)

Well when sil went to get pizza, (my fil was doing all the pitching for both teams), they were one short so he asked me to step in.

So i did.

I was proud of myself cause i actually made it to home base TWICE and scored the first points for the team.

But I was really huffing and puffing toward the end!

I so didnt want to look like the fat girl who was trying to play kick ball and got out of breath quickly.

Know what I mean?

Overall i didnt do bad and hubby said I looked fine.

But I was really happy when the pizza came cause i really was getting out of breath!

I really need to get all this weight off! i dont want to spend my life on the sidelines.

I have done alot of walking so my legs are pretty toned and some on my upper thighs, but when you run you use alot more of your upper thigh muscles then you do just walking.

Those were kind of achy this week.

(I also wonder if that could also be why i am retaining this week.)

CaliforniaDreamer
04-28-2011, 01:30 PM
I have been doing really good this week! Im really happy I am able to do so well because I have been very busy with work and planning to move. I planned all my meals out on sunday night and I just go and highlight the meals, (I have a food journal to record all of my food and calories), after I eat them. great job ladies!

DTerminedOne1219
04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
@Jasmine- Unfortunately i only get 30 minutes for lunch. But i have been walking for about 10 to 15 minutes at a time on all 3 of my breaks so that helps. I think i've realized why i've been dragging my butt all week though, woke up this morning to an awful cold! Definately still sticking to the diet though. Completely on plan, and even doing better than expected. I was trying to keep my calories between 1400-1600 and the last 2 days i have been under 1400!!! So should still be a good week.

I am going to confess that i have a wedding to go to this weekend for my best friend which means I will be eating not so good food and drinking quite a bit. I have gone back and forth with my conscience on this one. So i have a couple of questions...

1. I am eating crabmeat stuffed sole for dinner, any way to calculate about how many calories i'll be consuming from dinner?

2. I am going to attempt to stay away from dessert or only have a tiny bit just to enjoy the taste!

3. Any comments or information i should know about drinking alcohol while trying to not completely ruin my OP week? I am not a big drinker so i havent encountered this issue before seeing as this is my first week counting calories!

Any feedback is appreciated! thanks!

Jasmine31
04-29-2011, 05:52 PM
I have been doing really good this week! Im really happy I am able to do so well because I have been very busy with work and planning to move. I planned all my meals out on sunday night and I just go and highlight the meals, (I have a food journal to record all of my food and calories), after I eat them. great job ladies!

Thats great! keep up the good work!

@Jasmine- Unfortunately i only get 30 minutes for lunch. But i have been walking for about 10 to 15 minutes at a time on all 3 of my breaks so that helps. I think i've realized why i've been dragging my butt all week though, woke up this morning to an awful cold! Definately still sticking to the diet though. Completely on plan, and even doing better than expected. I was trying to keep my calories between 1400-1600 and the last 2 days i have been under 1400!!! So should still be a good week.

I am going to confess that i have a wedding to go to this weekend for my best friend which means I will be eating not so good food and drinking quite a bit. I have gone back and forth with my conscience on this one. So i have a couple of questions...

1. I am eating crabmeat stuffed sole for dinner, any way to calculate about how many calories i'll be consuming from dinner?

2. I am going to attempt to stay away from dessert or only have a tiny bit just to enjoy the taste!

3. Any comments or information i should know about drinking alcohol while trying to not completely ruin my OP week? I am not a big drinker so i havent encountered this issue before seeing as this is my first week counting calories!

Any feedback is appreciated! thanks!

Slam some vit c. The mini walks are a great start!

I am not sure on the crab meat. But if it has butter or mayo it will be caloric. Im not a big drinker either. Maybe have a drink and then a club soda?

Theres another thread around here on how to trick others into thinking your drinking too when you aint.

LOL

Jasmine31
04-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Okay chicks, about ready to rip my hair out! 252 today!

SAME weight I was at last Saturday!!!

I should be down a few more lbs by now! Here is the kicker. I can see my belly is bloated and retaining!!! Arggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

MrsClaus
04-30-2011, 03:32 PM
I had such good intentions when I joined the summer push and then life got in the way.

Quick info. Married for 22.5 yrs. 3 kids. Oldest daughter is almost 21. She has Asperger's (form of autism) and is bi-polar. Son is 9 and is autistic. Youngest dauther is 5. We homeschool. Dh works nights. I work at home. We also take care of my parents who are in their 80's but their health is not great. Throw in some in-laws and some out-laws and things tend to be stressful for me.

Unfortunately, my oldest overdosed early Monday morning and was in the ICU for 3 days. Nothing like something like that to stress you out.

My brother-in-law and my husband both gave me some things to think about and strangely enough I am feeling more at peace than I have in some time.

Hopefully I can get back into keeping up with this push and everyone here. So far today has been a good eating day.

Jasmine31
04-30-2011, 04:28 PM
I had such good intentions when I joined the summer push and then life got in the way.

Quick info. Married for 22.5 yrs. 3 kids. Oldest daughter is almost 21. She has Asperger's (form of autism) and is bi-polar. Son is 9 and is autistic. Youngest dauther is 5. We homeschool. Dh works nights. I work at home. We also take care of my parents who are in their 80's but their health is not great. Throw in some in-laws and some out-laws and things tend to be stressful for me.

Unfortunately, my oldest overdosed early Monday morning and was in the ICU for 3 days. Nothing like something like that to stress you out.

My brother-in-law and my husband both gave me some things to think about and strangely enough I am feeling more at peace than I have in some time.

Hopefully I can get back into keeping up with this push and everyone here. So far today has been a good eating day.

Hello, so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time! I hope your son can pull thru.

It sure sounds like you have your hands full with everything. Make sure to take time out for you. But dont beat yourself up!

Good to see ya!

Jasmine31
04-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Well the scale is down....wait for it! .......

1/2 a pound today!!!

Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Okay, better then nothing! But this has been one week since last saturdays weigh in.

I should be down 2.5 - 3 lbs!

I think i am still retaining.

Not going to stress. Just going to push thru it!!

JOLINA
04-30-2011, 06:54 PM
You'll start losing soon Jasmine. Just hang in there.
I dropped my calories down by 100 per day Monday.
...from 1700-1800 to 1600-1700.
It sure was a shock to my body. I am so hungry that I don't want to do anything.
:faint:
But I went out and did yard work anyway all week. I moved about 150 pounds of soil, spread mulch and planted potatoes today. I am eating 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds every day now for energy and stamina. And I added a spoon of dark molasses too. They sure do help.
If its nice tomorrow I'll cut my lawn. Even though I'd rather just sit...I am that hungry.

So I lost 1 pound this past week. And I hope to lose another one next week.
Already my jeans are a tad looser in the waist.
:smug:

In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and chains.
Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.
~ Stephen Phillips ~

Jasmine31
05-01-2011, 11:06 AM
You'll start losing soon Jasmine. Just hang in there.
I dropped my calories down by 100 per day Monday.
...from 1700-1800 to 1600-1700.
It sure was a shock to my body. I am so hungry that I don't want to do anything.
:faint:
But I went out and did yard work anyway all week. I moved about 150 pounds of soil, spread mulch and planted potatoes today. I am eating 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds every day now for energy and stamina. And I added a spoon of dark molasses too. They sure do help.
If its nice tomorrow I'll cut my lawn. Even though I'd rather just sit...I am that hungry.

So I lost 1 pound this past week. And I hope to lose another one next week.
Already my jeans are a tad looser in the waist.

In the Middle Ages, they had guillotines, stretch racks, whips and chains.
Nowadays, we have a much more effective torture device called the bathroom scale.
~ Stephen Phillips ~

Thanks for the support hun!

Glad to hear the scale is going down for you!

if the jeans are feeling looser its probably more then just 1 lb. Great job on the yard work!

Jasmine31
05-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Okay so the scale is up again today!!!

252.6!!!!

This is really ridiculous!

I know i didnt get much water in yesterday. But seriously!!!

anyhow, cant wait to get my big check and go grocery shopping aghain.

I have been getting a few things here and there but just enough to get by.

Like one apple, one banana a day.

I was doing that plus one orange, some blueberries and some spinach with water for a smoothie!

It seemed to really help.

Tuesday I can go and get all kinds of stuff so hopefully that will help clear all the water weight off!!

(I can easily spend $50 a week on fruit cause I have 5 kids!!)

Jasmine31
05-01-2011, 11:18 AM
p.s.

I had a double blister on one of my toes and a really bad double one on my back heel!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

authentic
05-01-2011, 12:00 PM
Jasmine, I will have a month showing little weight loss, and then month showing great weight loss so I would hang in there. I am down 2 lbs again this week to 257 and have lost 2 lbs a week for the past 3 weeks, but before that, I was on a month long plateau where I kept losing and gaining the same two pounds.

I am watching my sodium more carefully, drinking more water, and eating more fiber (and no refined carbs) and that seems to have pushed me out of my plateau.

Jasmine31
05-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Jasmine, I will have a month showing little weight loss, and then month showing great weight loss so I would hang in there. I am down 2 lbs again this week to 257 and have lost 2 lbs a week for the past 3 weeks, but before that, I was on a month long plateau where I kept losing and gaining the same two pounds.

I am watching my sodium more carefully, drinking more water, and eating more fiber (and no refined carbs) and that seems to have pushed me out of my plateau.

Thanks for the support. Glad to hear you are down again. Yeah!

I am about ready to scream!

Scale was 251.8 yesterday and 252.2 today.

It was 4-23-11 I first saw 252!!!!

What gives!!!

I am still keeping up with the food and exercise but I am really depressed and upset.

:(

authentic
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the support. Glad to hear you are down again. Yeah!

I am about ready to scream!

Scale was 251.8 yesterday and 252.2 today.

It was 4-23-11 I first saw 252!!!!

What gives!!!

I am still keeping up with the food and exercise but I am really depressed and upset.

Are you eating carbs? How much water are you drinking?

Those are the two factors that cause me to hold onto weight my body should be releasing based on raw calorie counts. :)

Jasmine31
05-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Are you eating carbs? How much water are you drinking?

Those are the two factors that cause me to hold onto weight my body should be releasing based on raw calorie counts. :)

My ratios are: 30% fat, 50% carbs, 20% protein

This is how I lost before.

I wasnt as crazy about weighing every day, but still staying the same for 10-11 days is ridiculous!!

My water yesterday was 72 oz, day before was 55 oz, day before was 20 oz.

So yeah i am really trying to watch that.

Jasmine31
05-03-2011, 11:19 AM
On 4-28-11 I was 252.20, but my waist was 47" and my hips were 54"

Today the scale says 252.20, but my waist is 46" and my hips are 52.5"

So something has to be happening right??

Jasmine31
05-03-2011, 11:20 AM
and if I can get this far and lose I can get further.....

argrrgghrhrhkjdekjdsd

JOLINA
05-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I lost another pound this week. I am keeping track of every morsel I eat.

Jasmine, fruit is going to double in price. I planted severeral different kinds of fruit trees last year and the year before. Mulberry, pear, & apple. When they are in full production, which should take a couple more years, they will make over 100 pounds of fruit apiece. That is quite some savings.
Last year I made gallons of pear, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, and grape juice.
:stir:

I make juice and freeze it in little plastic gatorade bottles. But it can be canned also.
Picking, canning, freezing, pruning and spraying the trees and berry bushes all takes exercize. Which is also a plus. I call it my "productive exercize". You burn more calories while you are saving money. And I can control the amount of sugar that goes into the juice.

MrsClaus, you will lose weight, just be patient. It is difficult to keep focused on a diet with so many of your problems. This is a lifelong endeavor for most of us. Your progress may be slower than most, with more interruptions, but at least it is progress.
:hug:

DTerminedOne1219
05-09-2011, 03:35 PM
looks like this chat has slowed down quite a bit! figured i would share that my first two weeks of being OP i have lost 4lbs! And i actually didnt get to exercise at all! Just calorie counting and increasing my water intake! This week the exercise begins. Turbo Fire every evening after work plus on saturday and running with a friend tuesday and thursday morning and possibly one day on the weekend! im hoping for a big week this week and then a controlled weight loss from then on! Will keep everyone posted! How is everyone else doing?

Jasmine, dont get discourage. I tried just not thinking about it too much. I didnt weigh myself the first week and even yesterday i was anticipating no loss at all but i did lose! Im just putting in the effort and seeing how things go! You'll get it. I just know my mind set is in the right place now so i have no option but to be successful and you will too! You offered wonderful ideas and suggestions to get me started that worked so its bound to work for you too!!!

This summer push coincides with 2 mini goals i have. My memorial day challenge to lose 12.5 lbs by memorial day. and my 100 day challenge will bring me into wonderland and hopefully out of obesity by August 1st. WE ALL CAN DO IT!

JOLINA
05-12-2011, 09:32 AM
:)
I have lost another pound this past week. I have been getting a lot of exercize in by working most of the day in my garden.
I still have somes spring cleaning to do indoors also.
I hope to lose 20-30 pounds this year.
:goodscale:

Jasmine31
05-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I lost another pound this week. I am keeping track of every morsel I eat.

Jasmine, fruit is going to double in price. I planted severeral different kinds of fruit trees last year and the year before. Mulberry, pear, & apple. When they are in full production, which should take a couple more years, they will make over 100 pounds of fruit apiece. That is quite some savings.
Last year I made gallons of pear, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, and grape juice.
:stir:

I make juice and freeze it in little plastic gatorade bottles. But it can be canned also.
Picking, canning, freezing, pruning and spraying the trees and berry bushes all takes exercize. Which is also a plus. I call it my "productive exercize". You burn more calories while you are saving money. And I can control the amount of sugar that goes into the juice.

MrsClaus, you will lose weight, just be patient. It is difficult to keep focused on a diet with so many of your problems. This is a lifelong endeavor for most of us. Your progress may be slower than most, with more interruptions, but at least it is progress.
:hug:

That is awesome you have fruit trees! I have always wanted some. Maybe when we buy our own house. mmmm...I love strawberries!

looks like this chat has slowed down quite a bit! figured i would share that my first two weeks of being OP i have lost 4lbs! And i actually didnt get to exercise at all! Just calorie counting and increasing my water intake! This week the exercise begins. Turbo Fire every evening after work plus on saturday and running with a friend tuesday and thursday morning and possibly one day on the weekend! im hoping for a big week this week and then a controlled weight loss from then on! Will keep everyone posted! How is everyone else doing?

Jasmine, dont get discourage. I tried just not thinking about it too much. I didnt weigh myself the first week and even yesterday i was anticipating no loss at all but i did lose! Im just putting in the effort and seeing how things go! You'll get it. I just know my mind set is in the right place now so i have no option but to be successful and you will too! You offered wonderful ideas and suggestions to get me started that worked so its bound to work for you too!!!

This summer push coincides with 2 mini goals i have. My memorial day challenge to lose 12.5 lbs by memorial day. and my 100 day challenge will bring me into wonderland and hopefully out of obesity by August 1st. WE ALL CAN DO IT!

I am glad to hear you are on plan! That is great! WTG on 4 lbs! Thanks for the encouragement. I will try not to stress. Yeah I was hoping we would have more activity here but I cant do it all by myself. Oh well.

:)
I have lost another pound this past week. I have been getting a lot of exercize in by working most of the day in my garden.
I still have somes spring cleaning to do indoors also.
I hope to lose 20-30 pounds this year.
:goodscale:

That is great you are getting exercise! You can do it!

Jasmine31
05-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Okay so today has been 30 days.

I started off at 259.9 and am today at 251.1.

So that is still an 8.8 lb loss!

I will just push thru and keep losing!

JOLINA
05-13-2011, 08:54 PM
Wow Jasmine, you are really doing great. I only lose 1 pound per week.
Keep up the good work!

mypinkpolkadot
05-13-2011, 09:19 PM
Hoping to make this the LAST summer I look terrible in a bathing suit :P

Jasmine31
05-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Wow Jasmine, you are really doing great. I only lose 1 pound per week.
Keep up the good work!

Thank you. 1 lb is better then none. Think about it, 1 lb a week = 52 in a year!

Keep it up! :carrot:

Jasmine31
05-14-2011, 11:00 AM
Hoping to make this the LAST summer I look terrible in a bathing suit :P

No kidding! You are doing great so far!!!

What is the plan you are following? What exercise?

You have lost ALOT! WTG!!

Jasmine31
05-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Okay gals so i am feeling a bit refreshed and better this am.

The wii scale is showing I am 250 this a.m. !!! WHEEEE!!!

So it is down 1.1 lbs and if I add that with 8.8, that means in 31 days I was down 9.9 lbs!

Yeah!

But since I was going by exact dates, yesterday being the main weigh in date, I will just take this 1.1 lb and put it towards my next months loss.

Its just the right thing to do! (heheheh)

The first time I seen 252 was April-23rd and then I kind of bounced around for a few weeks and I thought I would go insane! But I didnt give up!!

The lowest I have seen on the scale in the past few weeks is 250.9, that was 1 week ago saturday. 5-7-11.

250 is the lowest I have seen this time around so hopefully I broke that little plateau!!

Yeah!

Looking at my stats for april, 4-13 I was 259.9 and dropped and dropped until 4-23rd. 4-23rd I was 252.

That means i "lost" 7.9 lbs in 10 days. I really think some of that was previous water retention. of course some lbs too.

Just hoping I can have another great run of getting lbs off the scale!

Well see!

__________________________________________________ _________

Okay, next subject!

I am still weighing with the wii scale but decided to get another scale. This one is a Taylor from target.

So on the wii scale, I was 250 this a.m., but on the taylor scale it said I am 241.4!!!

8.6 lbs difference? That is alot!!

I kind of remember from pics last time how I looked at 250 and I do think 241.4 is more accurate.

As far as scales go it is important to track with one and measure your progress from that same one, but in terms of final goals, I thin k it is important to know which one is more accurate.

JOLINA
05-20-2011, 09:44 AM
:cool:

You are coming along nicely Jasmine.
I lost another pound this week. My face and arms are a little thinner now.
I wish I would lose in my waist so I could wear more of my old summer slacks. Some are still a little too tight. Just 5 more pounds gone and they will fit.
Best of luck to everyone!