South Beach Diet - On Plan Thread for 4/17-4/24

View Full Version : On Plan Thread for 4/17-4/24

Mmckellen
04-17-2011, 08:04 AM
OR, try this variant of the Wendie Plan that we call the Maggie Plan:

Use all 49 WPA's in the first 3-4 days of your week, then stick to target for the last 3-4. It seems to work for many of the women on this board who try it. There are a few rules with it, though--you MUST follow the Good Health Guidelines, eat good healthy food. and have a glass of milk late afternoon/early evening.

I think this will be easier for me to do than the Wendie plan. So the first days of my week are Friday/Saturday/Sunday and Mon-Thurs. are the lighter eating days.

Sunday Phase 1.5
B: quinoa pancake, avocado, kefir
S: peanuts
L: turkey mb with sauce and parm cheese
S: had off plan snacks whilst walking around Costco
D: roasted chick peas, spanakopita

CyndiM
04-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Ah, the 17th on the old thread confused me. I'll close that one now that this one has started.

ultimatebea
04-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Today's plan:
B: cottage cheese, sf jam, tea
S: laughing cow, celery
L: romaine lettuce, carrots, tuna with celery, onion, slice ww toast
S: pistachios
D: DH ate all my chili and my cacciatore - sheesh - back to the drawing (cutting?) board
S: unclear - mom will be here by then - might be popcorn!

UPDATE:
D: lf cheese/salsa/veggie/chicken quesadilla, salad
S: too full from the dinner . . .

Be well -

Sharonej
04-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Phase 2

B: oatmeal, apple, walnuts, nf milk
L: protein smoothie ( unsweentened choc almond milk,spinach,1/2 banana,protein powder,choc Greensuperfood)
S: veggies and hummus
D: split pea soup, salad, 1 T rf blue cheese dressing
S: nf greek yogurt, blueberries

DtheFashionista
04-17-2011, 05:12 PM
B: 1 piece turkey bacon, 2 eggs scrambled w/bell peppers onions and cheese
L: Chicken Breast and Salad w/ lf ranch
D: Taco Bake
Snacks through out the day: cheese stick, sf werthers, NSA fudgicle (2), and 5 swedish fish at the movies with my best girlfriend.

I keep having these little slip ups...1st with the couple bites of cake and the the swedish fish, but each morning I hop on the scale to a loss...Day six and I've lost 10.5 lbs....must be all the exercise I've been getting :ebike:

Usernametaken
04-17-2011, 05:28 PM
b-spinach feta egg wrap and coffee w/ milk
Lunch-lots of broccoli w/ cottage cheese dip, slice ww bread w/almond butter
s-banana (large)
d-ww pizza w/cheese and lots of veggies

SGeranium
04-17-2011, 06:59 PM
1: Greek yogurt, strawberry, coffee 1/2 n 1/2
2: sugar snap peas, baby carrots, south beach bar
3: black bean soup with laughing cow, pita
4: roasted pork , mashed cauliflower, green beans
5: dark chocolate

shelflife
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Mmc, your weeks always seem to have eight days! :lol:

I'm off plan today (like the last several days), but I'll plan out my meals for the week here when I get home later tonight.

1oftheLuvs
04-17-2011, 11:11 PM
Sunday, April 17, 2011 Phase 2: 1 fruit/1 grain

Weight: 239.0

Breakfast: 2 eggs; 2 slices turkey bacon; 6-8 oz V8; 2 cups coffee with cup 1% milk and artificial sweetener

Lunch: Spinach Salad with 2 slices turkey bacon (crumbled) and NF Feta Cheese

Snack: Apple with peanut butter

Dinner: General A-Rods Chicken (chicken and broccoli); brown rice

Desert: SB Friendly Lemon Torte

Not a happy weigh day today, but I think it's just one of those weird scale things... I weigh exactly what I did last week, but I snuck in a mid-week, non-official weigh in on Wednesday and I was down 1.5 pounds at that point... next week the scale will be friendlier, I'm sure.

Mmckellen
04-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Monday doing Phase 1:
B: lf cottage cheese with avocado
L: salad with roasted chicken and dressing
S: carrots and ss peas
D: chicken patty and roasted green beans

kmac1196
04-18-2011, 06:38 AM
Yesterday, P1.5
B Whey , strawberries
s 2 hb eggs
L shrimp veggies
d ground turkey. veggies,
s PB, banana, sf choc sauce
Cals 1322

zeffryn
04-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Had a decent weekend -- food was on plan, alcohol consumption was not. woke up this morning only .8 lbs. higher than Friday, though, so I'm hoping I didn't do too much damage. Looking forward to a good hard workout this morning to get rid of those toxins.

wt: 145.8

P2

1: oats and chia seeds soaked in almond milk, topped with 1 tsp. almond butter, 1 strawberry and a few blackberries
2: tuna mashed with avocado, red pepper, green onion, served over salad greens; baby carrots
3: grapes
4: chicken with mushrooms in a garlic white wine sauce; roasted broccoli
5: 10 almonds

exercise: 40 min. fat burner class, 25 min. treadmill, ab work

candle lady
04-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Today's plan

B: Scrambled eggs with turkey sausage and shredded lf cheese
S: Strawberries
L: Buffalo Chicken salad
S: Cottage Cheese and tomoatoes
D: Taco Bake
S: Mocha ricotta creme

Ruthxxx
04-18-2011, 10:45 AM
** Sigh ** My losing steak has ended and I was up to 189 this morning with bad FBGL. I need to plan AND STICK TO IT!

Phase II

B. 20 grapes, two Ryvita crackers, 1 Laughing Cow wedge
L. 2 egg omelet, tomato and cucumber salad, pear
S. before 4:30 meeting - glass of skim milk
D. 1 cup vegetarian chili on a slice of ww toast, green salad

TallandThin
04-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Matilda, I have a question for you. I notice that you drink a kefir most mornings. At first I didn't even know what it was but later found it in the grocery store. In reading the ingredients, I noticed that there was a log of sugar included. What do I not understand? How does that affect your cravings and isn't that much sugar not a good thing? Hope you don't mind my asking. I'm just trying to learn.

Z - A question for you too. What kind of oats and how much and is it as simple as just soaking them overnight in (how much) almond milk?

Today my plan for phase 1.5

B - mock pancakes w/sf jam or syrup, v-8, decaf coffee w/sf creamer.
S - 1 hb egg and 1/2 apple
L - leftover spaghetti squash deep dish pie
S - 1 tsp almond butter
D - leftover spaghetti squash deep dish pie and grn salad
S - ?

Now that I've made a plan, just need to stick to it!

Sharonej
04-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Phase 2
B: ww toast topped with a hb egg mixed with 1T rf mayo, nf milk
L: protein smoothie (unsweetened choc almond milk,spinach,1/2 banana,protein powder,choc Supergreenfood)
S: veggies and hummus
D: veggie pattie, roasted broccoli, zucchini and tomato bake

zeffryn
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM
T&T - yes, it is just as simple as soaking them overnight. I usually use 1/3 c. of regular rolled oats, 1 T. chia seeds and 1 C. almond milk, stir and refrigerate overnight. Sometimes I add some frozen fruit as well so it defrosts by morning.

Mmckellen
04-18-2011, 03:08 PM
TandT, the kefir I drink is plain kefir with no added sugars and it doesn't have fruit or anything like that so it is essentially like plain yogurt - there are dairy sugars, but they are naturally occurring. I love kefir! You should try it.

lindaisnuts
04-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Hello! First Day on SB... I only work half days on Mondays and I don't get up until the very last minute, so I usually skip breakfast... not good I know, but by the time I get a second to eat its 11-11:30. So, onward!

Phase One- 264lbs
Lunch: Mixed Greens salad with cheese, turkey and egg and balsamic vinegar and garlic infused olive oil
Snack- Edamame, this is my first time and I only like the seeds not the whole bean... prob not going to be a regular on my menu.
Dinner- Roasted Veggie Antipasto with Parmesan, Garlic and Soy Grilled Pork Chops
Snack- soy nuts

NicoleInCt
04-18-2011, 03:41 PM
Well, I'm doing that whole calorie cycling thing and today is my super low calorie day, so today's food consisted of

1 egg+ 1 extra white: 100 calories
5 cashews: 50 cals
Milk in coffee: 50 cals
Can of tuna: 120 cals
TBSP mayo: 30 cals
Spinach for salad: 50 cals
And for my snack later 1 cup milk with splenda and vanilla: 100 cals

Total for the day: 500 calories, and back to normal SB tomorrow

ultimatebea
04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
Happy Monday - DD!'s birthday, so not totally OP . . .

B: cottage cheese, sf jam, V8
S: peanuts
L: tuna salad, romaine
S: ff greek yogurt, sf jam
D: chinese (avoiding rice, breading, etc.)
S: SF fudgesicle, with a few bites of real cake

Be well!

zeffryn
04-18-2011, 04:49 PM
so snacky today! I'm exhausted from the weekend and I think my body was trying to use bad stuff to keep me awake. I ended up eating two mini muffins that were leftover from a kids easter picnic yesterday and a banana w/ almond butter. i think i'm sufficiently full, but makes me feel sort of bad :(

TallandThin
04-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanks Zef, I'll be trying that soon as the second grain since working toward a phase two program.

Thanks too Matilda for explaining. I might try one just to see what it does to my blood sugar count. Being diabetic, I normally try to stay away from anything with more than 4g of sugar but since this isn't "added" sugar, it just might be alright. Will see.

murphmitch
04-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Phase II

B: V8, scrambled eggs, salsa, veggie sausage
S: RF cheese stick
L: Salad, guacamole, grilled chicken, chickpeas
S: Skinny latte
D: Balsamic chicken, veggies
S: Almond butter

shelflife
04-18-2011, 10:33 PM
B: PB & banana on a WW tortilla
L: Chicken breast in a curry sauce on broccoli
Sn: OneBun crisps with hummus, strawberries.
S: Greek salad with chicken
Sn: Dark chocolate
Ex: Couch to 5K week 8 day 1 -- had to do some major self-talk to make it, but i did! 15 minutes Arc trainer.

Mmckellen
04-19-2011, 05:55 AM
Tuesday Phase 1.5 - eating light but added a grain
B: quinoa pancake, avocado, kefir
L: salad with chicken breast, TJ's Goddess dressing (OMG- it's unreal)
S: carrots and sugar snaps
D: black bean salad

CyndiM
04-19-2011, 06:19 AM
T&T - DW is also diabetic and has a serving of plain yogurt or kefir everyday. Everyone is different but there is some research out there that cultured dairy may have a positive effect on blood glucose. If nothing else it has really helped some of the stomach issues she has because of the meds.

Today:
B: flax muffin with spinach, rf cheese & salsa
L: leftover bean concoction
S: kefir, apple
D: loaded veggie sauce with gimme lean, might use veggie boodles or just east it like soup :)

exercise: treadmill, hoop

lindaisnuts
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I spent a lot of time cooking yesterday so that I have food for the week, sooooo... Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be the same:

Phase 1:

B: Spinach Quiche to go, 6oz V-8
S: Bell Pepper and 1 oz of mozzarella
L: Eggplant Pizzette with canadian bacon, 2 cups of salad (romain heart, bell pepper, cucumber)
S: 1/2 cup Roasted Chickpeas
D: Taco Bake (w/ ground chicken)

Sharonej
04-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Phase 2
B: oatmeal, apple, walnuts, nf milk
L: protein smoothie (unsweetened choc almond milk,spinach,1/2 banana,protein powder)
S: peppers and hummus
D: leftover split pea soup, salad, rf blue cheese dressing
S: nf greek yogurt, bluberries

shelflife
04-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Z -- snacking is a definite problem for me when I'm tired as well. When I was doing a lot of 27 hour call shifts last year, the day after the shift was often an eating disaster. There's an interesting physiologic reason for this involving neurotransmitter production and blood glucose that I won't bore you with the details of. Good for you for acknowledging your physical hunger cues, though.

Wt: 164.4

B: PB & 1/2 banana on Ezekiel bread with skim milk
Sn: String cheese
L: Black forest ham & swiss on a pumpernickel roll (214 calorie thingy), baby carrots, ~1.5T tzatziki. Diet Pepsi.
Sn: Strawberries
S: Chickpea & veggie stew on quinoa
Ex: Didn't get up early to go to the gym, and I need to study late tonight, so I doubt it will happen.

After abstaining from diet sodas last week, I'm going to work on reintroducing it and consuming it in moderation now. I'm not going to buy it for home, and what I drink while I'm out I'll log so it doesn't become a free-for-all like it was.

1oftheLuvs
04-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Monday, April 18, 2011 Phase 2

Breakfast: Ricotta waffles w/ SF syrup; 1 c 1% milk; 2 cups coffee each w/ c 1% milk and sweetener - Vitamins

Lunch: Chili with leftover V8 from breakfast

Dinner: Pepperchini Pot Roast; Green Beans; Black Beans with onions and red peppers

Snack: SB Friendly Lemon Torte

I weighed in and was down two pounds... it wasn't my official weigh day, but I'm taking it anyway! :D

EmmaD
04-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Phase 2

B - Black tea with 2% milk. Split pea "stew" with 1 egg. Veggie sausage.
L - Black bean soup (from Trader Joe's; very liquid with no whole beans left). Cup of green tea.
S - orange pepper slices and broccoli florets with olive hummus
S2 - Taking a banana & pb wrap with me when I go out for the rest of the day.
Walking, walking. And maybe a yoga class.
D - Giant green salad with... TJ's Goddess dressing (Thanks for the reminder, Mmc!) and some leftover cooked tuna.
dessert - Greek yogurt with mixed berries.

zeffryn
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
P2

running short on time this morning. alarm didn't go off and I woke up 30 minutes later than I usually do. Also discovered that the kids drank the last of the milk last night, so soaked oats were out of the question (boo!).

1: 1 slice ww toast, 1 t. almond butter, 1/4 banana
2: massaged kale, sliced carrots, cucumbers with thai peanut sauce; cantaloupe
3: grapes and greek yogurt
4: buckwheat tabbouleh, veggies and hummus

exercise: 60 min. pilates, 45 min. yoga

shelflife
04-19-2011, 02:18 PM
P2

running short on time this morning. alarm didn't go off and I woke up 30 minutes later than I usually do. Also discovered that the kids drank the last of the milk last night, so soaked oats were out of the question (boo!).

1: 1 slice ww toast, 1 t. almond butter, 1/4 banana
2: massaged kale, sliced carrots, cucumbers with thai peanut sauce; cantaloupe
3: grapes and greek yogurt
4: buckwheat tabbouleh, veggies and hummus

exercise: 60 min. pilates, 45 min. yoga

Massaged kale salad with your thai peanut butter sauce has become one of my absolute favorites. If kale came pre-washed/chopped I would eat it every day! What kind of kale do you use?

TallandThin
04-19-2011, 02:40 PM
Phase 1.5

B - protein smoothie (2 scoops protein powder, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, spinach, banana, 1/2 cup water, truvia)
S - laughing cow wedge with 1/3 apple.
L - hb egg, v-8
S - 1 cup nf plain Greek yogurt w/sf jam, 1/2 oz pecans
D - leftover spaghetti squash deep dish pie, grn salad
S - ?

zeffryn
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Shelf - whatever kind I can get. Usually just the curly kind, but once in awhile, I can find dinosaur kale. I usually make a huge bowl of massaged kale at one time, and then eat on it for a few days. I <3 it!

Mmckellen
04-19-2011, 05:57 PM
OK, can someone please tell me what 'massaged kale' is and can I also have the recipe for the Thai peanut sauce? Do you just take all three veggies and toss them with the sauce like a salad?

DtheFashionista
04-19-2011, 07:08 PM
RECAP:
Sunday: Was good not going to list and take up time.
Monday: Ate a ton of OP food... I just couldn't get full then I ate some full fat cheese because we were out of lf. UGH! No bueno.

4/19:
B- 2 eggs 1 piece lf ham
S- lf plain yogurt w/ vanilla, stevia, and cinnamon
L- Chx breast w/ salsa and lf cheese, green salad w/ lf ranch
S- ss peas
D- Grilled burgers topped with tomatoes, grilled onions, pickles, mayo and mustard, wrapped in red leaf lettuce, steamed broccoli
S- NSA fudgicle.

Also had 2 cups coffee w/ splenda and fat free 1/2 & 1/2.
128 oz water so far

murphmitch
04-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Phase II

B: Veggie omelet with RF cheese, V8
L: Turkey, avocado, carrots, hummus, RF cheese
S: Skinny latte
D: Pork tenderloin, broccoli with Parmesan, sauteed onions, pepper, mushrooms
S: Almond butter

Usernametaken
04-19-2011, 11:01 PM
b-spinach, froz banana, yogurt, oats and cocoa powder smoothie
L-quinoa risotto w/broccoli and spinach
s1-oops
s2-ww bread w/ peanut butter
d-boca burger w/turkey bacon on a flatbun, 1/2 roasted sweetpotato (in "fry" form)

I also want to know about the massaged kale and sauce.

Mmckellen
04-20-2011, 07:32 AM
Wednesday Phase 1.5 eating normal (started trying to eat light, but impossible when at home with sick child)
B: scrambled egg with some black beans
L: hot and sour soup, 1/2 cup brown rice, broccoli with garlic sauce (they made it without sugar/oil for me!!) small cheat with about 10 crunchy noodles and a fortune cookie. My friend from work came over for lunch to keep me company with my son.
S: roasted chick peas, pork rinds (being honest here), wine
D: 1/2 cup of brown rice and balance of broccoli left over

TwynnB
04-20-2011, 07:41 AM
OK, can someone please tell me what 'massaged kale' is and can I also have the recipe for the Thai peanut sauce? Do you just take all three veggies and toss them with the sauce like a salad?

LOL...me too!! Swedish massage? Hot rock massage? Kale massage?

cottagebythesea
04-20-2011, 07:45 AM
:lol: I think "massaged kale" means that you kind of run the kale through your hands to get the crispness out of the leaves and stem.
(The term does sound kind of kinky, though, doesn't it? ;) )

zeffryn
04-20-2011, 08:49 AM
MMC et al - Massaged kale is a way of breaking down the cells in the leaf so that it is more easily eaten, but not cooked so that it retains all of its nutrients. I usually just put a tsp or so of sesame oil on top of a big bowl of chopped kale and go to town, "massaging" the leaves. crunch them up in my fingers. It takes 2-3 minutes.

For my peanut sauce, I don't really measure so bear with me. 1 T. peanut butter, dash of soy sauce, dash of rice vinegar, small squirt of sriracha, and a teensy bit of agave. mix together, adding hot water in small doses to make it easier to stir/pour.

It is kind of tough to toss with the salad like regular dressing, so I just kind of plop some on top and drag my kale through it.

--
P2

1: oats and chia seeds soaked in almond milk, topped with 1 tsp. almond butter, blackberries, 1/4 banana
2: massaged kale and carrot salad w/ thai peanut dressing; cantaloupe
3: carrots, hummus and brown rice cake topped w/ almond butter
4: vegetarian taco soup

exercise: 60 min. treadmill (12 different songs + 12 different activities during those songs = calorie torcher!)

nut butter heavy today :( it's so good!

shelflife
04-20-2011, 12:16 PM
Protein powder users: What kind do you buy? I want to start making some smoothies, and was totally clueless about what kind of protein/smoothie supplement to be using.

Wt. 163.2... definitely peed off the pound difference from yesterday!

B: Leftover curried chickpea & veggie stew
L: Cafeteria ?
S: Out with friends.. I'll have a salad that probably won't be entirely on plan.
Ex: Missed the exercise boat again today.

zeffryn
04-20-2011, 12:31 PM
shelf - I use vega protein (http://www.amazon.com/Vega-Complete-Whole-Health-Optimizer/dp/B001HBN5LM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303316938&sr=8-1)
Or Sun Warrior Raw Protein. (http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Warrior-Ultimate-Superfood-Protein/dp/B003ATUDKU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1303316982&sr=1-2)

both are super nutritious and they aren't filled with chemicals. they don't taste too bad, either.

CyndiM
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM
I like 100% hemp powders. The added Omega 3s are good for me and I can add whatever flavors I want.

Sharonej
04-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Shelf, I use Garden of Life Raw Protein or Naturade 100% Whey Protein. The Garden of Life is probably a healthier choice and keeps me feeling full longer, but the Naturade tastes a lot better and is easier to mix in my blender (a vitamix is on my wish list). In addition to the protein powder I like to add a scoop of Amazing Grass Chocolate GreenSuperFood.

Phase 2
B: oatmeal spinach pancake, sf syrup, nf milk
L: protein smoothie (unsweetened almond milk, spinach, 1/2 banana, protein powder, choc greensuperfood, strawberries)
D: mexican slop (chicken breast, nf refried beans, rotel tomatoes, onion, mushrooms), quac, sour cream, salad

SGeranium
04-20-2011, 01:48 PM
another good messaged kale idea: http://www.cookusinterruptus.com/index.php?video_id=124 Super fun site, Great whole food recipes. She wrote our most used cookbook.

We use cytomax whey in a vat from costco ( 78 servings!!!!! ) Mostly it's a dh pick as he uses it daily, but it's the tastiest, most economical of the many many we've tried. I also like vanilla hemp.

The flu has hit our family because it's spring break. Every year someone is sick. weird. OP eating, but very random.

1oftheLuvs
04-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Tuesday, April 19, 2011 Phase 2

Breakfast: Green Chili-Cheese Casserole; V8; 2 cups Coffee with 1% milk and sweetener - Vitamins

Lunch: Spinach Salad with 2 slices turkey bacon (crumbled) and NF Feta Cheese

Dinner: Taco Salad with lots of veggies, avocado, black olives, LF sour cream and salsa (use leftover pot roast from night before); Diet Coke

Snack: SB Friendly lemon torte

Usernametaken
04-20-2011, 08:35 PM
b-whole buncha stuff in a blender
l-quinoa salad with lemon yogurt dressing
d-tomato soup with poached egg and feta-spinach grilled cheese

ultimatebea
04-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Missed a day somewhere -maybe two - so today was as follows:
B: greek yogurt, sf jam
S: almonds
L: sliced tomatoes, celery, laughing cow, ww melba toast, hb egg, turkey pepperoni
S: greek yogurt again
D: homemade ww pizza, lf cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms
S: apple, peanut butter

Be well!

1oftheLuvs
04-21-2011, 12:49 AM
Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - Phase 2 1 fruit/1 grain

Breakfast: Green Chili-Cheese Casserole; V8; 2 cups Coffee with 1% milk and sweetener

Lunch: Bean soup with carrots

Dinner: Salad w/ lots of veggies, turkey pepperoni and Italian dressing; 1 slice of WW Pizza w/ Turkey Pepperoni, Mozzarella Cheese, Red Pepper, Onion, Green Olives - Vitamins

Snack: NSA Fudgesicle

Mmckellen
04-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Thursday Phase 1.5
B: hard boiled egg, avocado
S: 40 peanuts, banana
L: chicken pattie with black bean salad
S: carrots and sugar snap peas
D: 2 chicken tenders (breaded - off plan), salad with goddess dressing, roasted chick peas, wine - before church
S: popcorn - after church

zeffryn
04-21-2011, 08:32 AM
Need to watch my nut/nut butter consumption today. It was out of control yesterday!

P2

1: oats soaked in almond milk, topped w/ 1 tsp. almond butter, 1/4 banana, few blackberries
2: tuna salad w/ mashed avocado, bell pepper, red onion; grapes
3: carrots and hummus
4: steak fajitas sans tortillas w/ salsa, bell peppers and onions

exercise: 60 min. treadmill, 45 min. pilates

NicoleInCt
04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
1.5-Thursday
Breakfast: broc cauliflower soup (couldn't have eggs for yet another morning), 1 slice turkey
Snack: 10 cashews
Lunch: can of tuna, 1 tbsp LF mayo, 1 tsp vinegar, 1/2 cuke, and shredded LF cheddar
Snack: 1/2 cup FF plain yogurt, 5 cashews, SF cool whip, homemade SF fudge sauce, 1 strawberry
Dinner to be: salad with grilled chicken and salsa
Snack: 1 cup LF milk with ice cubes, splenda, and extract of choice

Sharonej
04-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Phase 2
B: oatmeal, almond milk, strawberries
L: protein smoothie (nf milk, spinach, 1/2 banana, protein powder, choc Greensuperfood)
D: chicken pattie, sweet potato fries, broccoli salad

SGeranium
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
1: chocolate protein smoothie with raspberries, spinach, and almond milk, and coffee with cream
2: ss peas
3: green salad, chicken with peanut sauce
4: a few peanut m and m's dh offered and I accepted without thinking as we were folding our way through the mountain of sick laundry
5. turkey piccadillo over sauteed summer squash, roasted carrots
6: tea with stevia, more carrots

ultimatebea
04-21-2011, 03:03 PM
Thursday -

B: greek yogurt, sf jam
S: almonds, turkey pepperoni
L: chicken, grilled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, re-fried beans (small portion)
D: beef vegetable soup
S: sf fudge thing

Be well!

cottagebythesea
04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
phase 2 -

B. oats soaked in almond milk w/chopped apple, blueberries, walnuts & cinnamon
L. salad of mixed greens, shredded purple cabbage, carrots, green beans, avocado, feta cheese, and pistachios - no dressing
S. greek yogurt mixed with chopped mango
D. butternut squash lasagna
S. NSA fudgesicle

1oftheLuvs
04-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Thursday, April 21, 2011 - Phase 2 1 fruit/1 grain

Breakfast: Ricotta waffles w/ SF syrup; 1 c 1% milk; 2 cups coffee each w/ c 1% milk and sweetener

Snack: V8

Lunch: Salad w/ lots of veggies, turkey pepperoni and Italian dressing; 1 slice of WW Pizza w/ Turkey Pepperoni, Mozzarella Cheese, Red Pepper, Onion, Green Olives

Dinner: Chicken strips with celery, carrots and blue cheese dressing - vitamins

Mmckellen
04-22-2011, 06:59 AM
Friday Phase 2
B: half of a low carb wrap with hummos and avocado, kefir
S: pita chips with taramonsalata (totally off plan)
L: broccoli with brown rice and no fat chinese sauce (from new fave place), hot and sour soup, ended up eating way too much rice and had crispy noodles so totally off plan
S: roasted chick peas ( had way too many of these)
D: quesadilla with lf cheese, onions, jalapeno on low carb ww tortilla (at least this was compliant)

Ruthxxx
04-22-2011, 07:16 AM
Phase II
B. hot cross bun with some Becel, sliced orange
L. with friends - Caesar salad with my own dressing, glass of white wine
S. V8
D. chicken breast, quinoa, green beans, baby carrots
Water - which I really must drink more often. I neglect it in the winter.

zeffryn
04-22-2011, 08:50 AM
P2

1: oats and chia seeds soaked in almond milk, topped w/ 1 tsp. almond butter, 1/4 champagne mango, 1/4 banana
2: salad topped w/ leftover fajita steak and salsa
3: carrots and hummus
4: chicken korma

exercise: 60 min. treadmill, 30 min. strength training circuit

ultimatebea
04-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey all -

B: scrambled eggs, onion, tomato, lf cheese, V8, tea
S: almonds, laughing cow, celery
L: leftover homemade ww pizza, salad
D: beef vegetable soup
S: nsa ice cream

Be well!

TallandThin
04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Yesterday I had - phase 1.5

B - Decaf coffee w/sf creamer, Protein smoothie (2 scoops soy protein,1 cup unsweetened almond milk,1 cup water, handful spinach)
S - 1 wedge light laughing cow and cup raw cauliflower
L - cup free cottage cheese, fugi apple
S - 1 cup ff plain Greek yogurt, sf jam , oz pecans
D - 1 cup veg chili, 2 small chicken/apple sausage, salad
S - 1 cup ff plain Greek yogurt, sf jam, oz pecans

The scale hasn't moved for quite a while now and although I'm a patient person, I'm getting a bit tired of seeing the same number every time I weigh. Any suggestions on my menu or other ideas to make something happen? I am walking for about 45 minutes most days. Remember now that I'm not a spring chicken as far as increased exercise suggestions :).

Sharonej
04-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Phase 2
B: oatmeal, almond milk, strawberries
L: protein smoothie ( nf milk, spinach, 1/2 banana, protein powder, choc Greensuperfood)
D: lentils, broccoli salad

zeffryn
04-22-2011, 12:59 PM
T&T, I would try replacing one of your snacks of yogurt and pecans with a portion of veggies (try to make it green if possible). Also, you could probably omit a scoop of the protein powder in your smoothie in the morning. That should cut out close to 350 calories per day.

TallandThin
04-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Today I had:

B - Decaf coffee w/sf creamer 20, Protein smoothie (2 scoops soy protein, 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, handful spinach, 1 pk Truvia
S - 1 wedge light laughing cow and 1 cup raw cauliflower
L - cup free cottage cheese, banana
S - 1/2 apple and 1 T almond butter
D - 1 cup veg chili, 1 chicken/apple sausage, grn salad,ff Italian dressing
S - 1 sf pudding

Didn't see your post Zef until after I had the smoothie this morning. Will make the change next time and thanks for your help. I was also low on fresh vegs today so need to go groc shopping tomorrow.

Usernametaken
04-22-2011, 10:52 PM
b-spinach, yogurt, oats, banana, strawberry and cocoa powder smoothie
L-curried veg and tofu over soba noodels, chopped salad (may have had a bit of sugar in the dressing)
S-frozen yogurt
d-cottage cheese and some veggies (not really hungry)

shelflife
04-22-2011, 10:52 PM
Hmm.. my post from this morning didn't post.

Wt: 161.8! Tickers not lying anymore!

B: Leftover chickpea stew
L: Falafels in a pita
S: Pad thai style tempeh

1oftheLuvs
04-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Friday, April 22, 2011 (Day 55)

Breakfast: 1 egg; 2 slices turkey bacon; V8; 2 cups coffee each w/ c 1% milk and sweetener

Snack: Yogurt with 1/8 t lemon jello

Lunch: Salad with lots of veggies, leftover chicken strips, 2% cheese, blue cheese and ranch dressing; Diet Coke

Dinner: Chicken Adobo; green beans; black beans with red peppers and onions; 1/2 cup brown rice, Vitamins

Mmckellen
04-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Saturday Phase 1.5 but will be totally off plan at lunch
B: lf cottage cheese with avocado and hot sauce
L: off plan but will be off plan in a "healthy" way (healthy foods served)
D: green salad with goddess dressing

Schmoodle
04-23-2011, 12:20 PM
Today (Phase 2):
B: scrambled eggs with salsa, turkey bacon
L: Mexican chicken & veggie stew
S: skim latte, apple, triscuits with hummus (dinner will be late)
D: Asian wraps, cucumber salad
S: Greek yogurt with cinnamon and almonds (may not need this)

shelflife
04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Wt: 161.2

B: PB & 1/2 banana on Ezekiel bread
L: Roast beef & cheddar on a small pumpernickel roll
Sn: One bun crisps and tzatziki (they're out of anything vegetable at the caf :()
S: Sauerkraut & apple porkchops with roasted broccoli

ultimatebea
04-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Saturday:

B: eggs, onions, mushrooms, green pepper, tomatoes, 1 slice ww toast, tea
S: ff greek yogurt, sf jam, pistachios
L: salad
D: turkey, sweet potato, tomatoes
S: TBD

Be well!

cottagebythesea
04-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Saturday's menu, Phase 2

B. 2-egg omelette with spinach, tomato and RF cheddar, 2 pieces of double-fiber whole wheat toast
L. mixed lettuces with shredded red cabbage, shredded carrot, dry roasted green beans, avocado, sunflower seeds, feta cheese - no dressing
S. pomegranate kefir
D. roasted green beans, carrots and chickpeas
S. SBD peanut butter cup dessert

Lexxiss
04-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey Zeff! You at goal??