PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2002, 01:26 PM   #1  

Question what plan do you follow

Happy Holidays! I hope this post isn't too repetetive for the regulars here, but I am wondering what diet plans do you find most helpful for PCOS. I have tried low carbing in the past ( and have probably asked this same question on this board in the past), but I find many of the plans too restrictive and I question how healthy they may or may not be.

Here's my info. I am 36 years old, was diagnosed with PCOS about 7 years ago. For the first few years, dealing with the PCOS was completely fertility related for me. However, we adopted a beautiful baby from China this year. I am still concerned about the health risks associated with PCOS and am getting really annoyed with the increasing amount of hair on
my upper lip (Excess hair is a fairly new problem for me). I am 5'5" and weight about 224 lbs.

I'd really appreciate any info you could provide.

Thanks,

capernan
Old 12-29-2002, 08:09 PM   #2  

It's me again, I just had the chance to scroll though some of the other posts and I realize this question was recently asked and answered. Sorry folks!

capernan
Old 12-30-2002, 06:39 AM   #3  
Post acholic!

hya,

I have tried the low carb plan but the plan just dident work for me and my cholestoral went up and up

I just normally cut out as much fat as i can but am now thinking of reverting back to ww

Toryah.
Closed Thread